Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: February 23, 2004 08:03
Vana's eyes cleared in time to hear Orodreth's loving words washing over her. She smiled at him as she stretched. "Yes, I slept quite well, beloved. And you?"

Hearing his reassurance that he did indeed sleep well, she disentangled herself from his arms and prepared to go. The preparations were quick, as they didn't have much to pack, and before the sun had risen very far, they were on their way.

Vana remained blissfully unaware of Orodreth's watchful gaze...luckily for Orodreth! Vana hated being coddled in any way, shape or form, and while she had adapted since being pregnant, she still retained her wild spirit.

Anyway, they went slow that day, which was fine with Vana, as she was busy examining the terrain and making notes in a small notebook she carried on her person at all times.

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 12:08
(OOC-Here we are!Time to meet Ulfgar!)
~~And so they travelled all day,stopping only once for some quick lunch,until they found themselves infront of a sign saying "Green Dragon Inn",a couple hours after nightfall.~~

Orodreth and Vana smiled wearily at the sign and dismounted before the stables,where they were met by a hobbit.He measured them in wonder,for elves were a rare sight in Bywater.Orodreth saluted him the best way he could,for he was not used to interacting with hobbits."Those are some big horses!",the hobbit exclaimed."Yeah.Can you get them in yourself?",Orodreth asked.The hobbit gathered himself and said "Of course!",a little irritated over Orodreth's question.Orodreth couldn't help but grinning."Very well then."
he said.

They walked in the Green Dragon Inn.The atmosphere was very loud and jolly,which was unusual to Orodreth,but he liked it."Ever been here before?",he shouted in Vana's ear.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 12:39
((OOC: and Ulfgar you will meet))

**at a table fairly close to the fire sat, or rather slept a large, burly, ginger haired, heavily armoured, dwarf. He was dozing peacefully with his heavily booted feet propped up on the table top. Leaning against the table was a vicious looking dwarven axe, and alongside that a heavy dwarven stone warhammer. The dwarf's snores were loud and could be heard over the songs, if you were standing close enough. A passing barmaid tipped a bucket of cold water over his head thinking he was in a drunken stupor and he woke with a start.**

"Who the blazes did that?" he called out, in a very very camp voice while wringing his beard out.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:34
Vana rubbed her ear before she shouted back, "Yes, I have visited here on occasion...but I doubt they remember me." T

They made their way through the crowd and reached the bar in time to witness the scene with the barmaid and the dwarf over in the corner, and Vana had to duck her head to avoid laughing aloud.

They ordered quickly and were served as quickly, despite the fact that the staff were tripping over their wide open jaws. Elves were very rare in Bywater...in fact, any Big Person was very rare there, except the traders that came through once in a while.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 06:16
Orodreth let out a laugh when he saw the dwarf yell out at the barmaid.He couldn't help it,he just looked so funny."Guess we are not the only non-hobbits here.",he told Vana with a grin.He wondered what a dwarf was doing there,so far away from his mountains.It was indeed seldom one could see them out in the open."He must be quite a character!",he commented.

He didn't know why,but something inside Orodreth made him want to explore this odd dwarf,to get a closer look at him.Maybe because of his curiosity that ginger bearded creature interested him."It would be fun to get to know that dwarf,I bet.",he told Vana.Then he paused,looking at Ulfgar and measuring him and his weapons,and added "If a little risky."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 06:52
"Thank goodness mithril doesn't rust." he mumbled as he tried to dry off his armour.

**His helmet had slid to one side of his head so he got up and done a typically dwarven thing. He banged his head against a wall to set his helmet straight.**

"Hmm thats better I can see again" he chuckled to himself

**he stat down and scratched his head, or rather his helmet.**

"Nothing ever happens in this bleeding place, try to make a name for myself as a camp slayer and then we run out of goblins." he grumbled, pulling himself back into his chair and propping his feet up on the table again.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 09:18
Vana balanced her plate and mug deftly and said in a loud tone, "Whatever we're going to do, let's do it quickly before I drop my food!" Orodreth nodded and led the way over to the Dwarf.

"Good evening, Master Dwarf," Vana called over the ruckus. "May we join you here?"

[Edited on 2/27/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 08:30
"She's really straightforward!" Orodreth said to himself at Vana's manner.He followed her close as they came infront of the dwarf's table.He was a bit excited,for he wasn't among those who made new acquaintances easily.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 10:51
**Ulfgar jumped and almost fell backwards out of his chair. He sat up planting his feet firmly on the ground.**

"Yes, certainly m'lady, and you to good sir. There's no point me hogging a table to myself when others need seats aye?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 03:22
"Thank you.",Orodreth said and sat down.He said nothing for a while,waiting for Vana to say something,but it seemed as she was waiting for him to start."Well..some crowded place,eh?",he started carefully."Its a surprise to see a dwarf here.Where are you from?We are from Harlond ourselves.We decided to spend the night here and rest before we continue our journey."

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by eldir]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 12:57
"I be from tha blue mountains. Yea know tha big range to tha far west o' 'ere. I be 'ere becuase I 'ave itchy feet. A lust for adventure, yea understand laddie?" he said "There be no more goblins to kill an me axe be thirsty for goblin blood...Yea say yea be going on a journey. Would yea mind me joining yea laddie?"

((OOC: its not my spelling thats bad, its Ulfgar's accent lol...not to mention he's a queer as well lmao.))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 01:10
Vana raised a slender eyebrow as she struggled to deciper the dwarf's accent. After a moment, her mind clicked into gear and her face cleared in recognition. "I have no objection, master dwarf," she said mildly after swallowing her mouthful. "But we must warn you that our goal is not to kill orcs, merely to travel for the sake of traveling. Do you still wish to come along?"

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 02:35
Orodreth cut in "But it might come handy to have a goblin slayer with us.You never know what might happen." He looked at Vana to get her acceptance.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 03:31
"Aye lassie, I would. I not be one for sitting 'round doing absolute nought." he replied to Vana

"Now yea be talking laddie, yea never know when or where tha vermin be roving the lands." he chortled

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Abraon]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 12:21
Vana nodded her acceptance. "Then you may consider yourself part of our company. As Orodreth said, it may prove handy to have an expert goblin slayer in our midst." Among other things, Vana had learned well as a child how to talk diplomatically to any race.

She paused, then realized neither elf had introuced themselves. "Ai, where are my manners? I am Vana, formerly from Mirkwood, now hailing from Harlond. This is my husband, Orodreth. He originates from Harlond. What is your name?"

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 10:52
"I be Ulfgar, of clan Battleaxe and thank yea both for letting me join yea. Where yea both be headin' on yea little trip eh?"

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by eldir]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 05:28
Orodreth smiled lovingly at Vana,proud to have such a diplomatical wife.Then he answered Ulfgar's question."Our destination is Forochel,the land of the Lossoth.I take it you have never been there?What do you think of going there?",Orodreth said considerately.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 02:18
"No, nay and never. I rarely veture out of me moutain home. It be sounding like a good adventure. I can't wait to set out." he grinned

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by eldir]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 01:50
"Great!",Orodreth replied pleased with Ulfgar's response."We shall set off tomorrow.I hope you are an early riser,for we need to start the trip by 8.There is a long way to our next stop." He then raised his glass in salute to their new travelling companion,"Here's to our companionship!May our journey be as trouble free as possible!And if there should be any trouble,Iam sure we will handle it together!"

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by eldir]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 10:57
"By eight?! Yea might have to wake me up. Unlike yea laddie and yaw elf kin, dwarven folk need a good night's sleep."

**He raised his glass.**

"Aye, I drink to that!"

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 11:45
Orodreth chuckled."Sure,we'll wake ye up!",he said humorously.Then,as they drank out the toast,Orodreth asked "Have you ever been north of the Shire Ulfgar?We haven't and to be honest,the fact makes me uneasy.For I don't know if there are any dangers up there,much less what kind of creatures we can encounter..that way we are less prepared for what might come."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 02:53
Vana raised her glass, joining in the toast silently. Sipping her warm tea, Vana listened to the conversation before her with only half an ear. The rest of her focus was on the conversations being held around her and the table she sat at.

Many of the other tables were occupied by hobbits, and while they were trying to appear either well-traveled or knowledgeable, the elf could feel their stares boring into the back of her head and could hear their whispers about the strange visitors. Vana smiled behind her curtain of hair. The Green Dragon was not often graced with elves, she knew, and any that appeared would be an instant object of curiosity and gossip.

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by eldir]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 09:17
"No, nay and never. Like I be saying afore. I rarely venture far from me mountain home." he grinned "Don't tell me yea be scared of the unknown aye laddie? I love tha unknown, it makes adventuring worth while."

"An' you lassie, you been north of tha Shire?" He asked Vana
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 11:18
"No,iam not scared.Iam just not so fond of going into a territory which I know nothing of.",Orodreth said defensively,not liking Ulfgar or anyone to question his courage.
He then relaxed and drank his beverage,looking around the place and feeling many pairs of eyes curiously observing him.As he felt his stomach was empty,he said to Vana "How about we order some food as well?I could use a bite,how about you?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 12:10
Vana glanced at the dwarf as she replied, "I have been north of the Shire only once, Master Dwarf, and that for a very short time. I know little of the land we are venturing into." She squeezed Orodreth's hand under the table, silently reassuring him that she at least did not doubt his courage.

"I think getting something to eat would be a wonderful idea, meleth. Ulfgar? Are you hungry?" She got up, ready to head to the bar to order.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 01:38
"I only meant it in jest laddie, yea need to learn to take a joke." he laughed "I aint questioning yer courage if that be what yea thinks. An' talking of food the lamb 'ere be mighty tasty."

**he turned his attention back to Vana**

"Just the once lassie? At least there be one of us that knows a little 'bout the lands we be heading for. Thank yea for the offer of dinner but i've already eaten and drunk my fill fer the even'." he smiled "And do me a favour please lassie, just call me Ulfgar, no Master Dwarf-ing me please." he grinned

[Edited on 10/3/2004 by eldir]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 04:39
Orodreth smiled."Ah,well thats allright.Iam sorry I got all defensive,I forgot that you dwarves were natural jokers.The lamb sounds good,lets have it!What do you think meleth?",he turned to Vana,brushing a few strains of her hair from her face.

[Edited on 10/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 09:35
Vana smiled at the dwarf. "Very well, Ulfgar it is. As I said, I was North of the Shire only once, and that for a few days, so I really know about as much as either of you about the lands there."

Pressing her face against Orodreth's hand, Vana replied, "The lamb sounds wonderful, meleth." Pressing a kiss to the palm of his hand, the elf woman stood and headed for the bar.

Though the Green Dragon was crowded, Vana had no difficulty finding a path, almost as though the other visitors were giving her a wide berth. Politely ignoring that, Vana reached the bar and placed their order. She was assured that a server would bring the food to them. It didn't take her long to get back to where her husband and Ulfgar sat, trading stories.

[Edited on 10/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by Vanalosswen]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 11:21
"So Oro'reth" he said, having difficulty pronouncing the elven name "Yea strike me as being th' adventuring type, what tales do yea 'ave from past adventures?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 03:39
Orodreth grinned at Ulfgar's mispronounciation of his name."Well Ulfgar...although I do like adventures,I haven't had that many.I had a big adventure less than a month ago.I can tell you,it was a really BIG one!And besides that,I fought in the war of the last alliance..but that was so long ago it seems like a dream to me.I was quite young at the time." He stopped and his eyes grew distant,reminiscing that part of his life.Then he continued "Otherwise,I've not seen too much action,Harlond is a quiet place after all.I bet you have seen more action than me,am I right?"

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 10:54
"Och I doubt it laddie killing the odd goblin or two ain't an adventure. I be reconing you be a good few hundred years older than me, aye? An' if you will, would yea tell me 'bout this 'big' adventure yea went on. I be mighty intrested in yaw story."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 06:04
"Aye,Iam quite a lot older than you.I don't know when you were born,but I'm actually over 3000 years old.Its no big age for an elf though,specially not where I come from,for people live safe from perils there." Orodreth answered."Well,this adventure was really something that happens to you once in a lifetime.Even when you are an elf.",he started."It all began with a birth.You see my brother has a wife that is of high kin and when she gave birth to a pair of twins,a boy and a girl,someone set out to get them all.Someone very evil and powerful.His name Iam sure you've heard before...Saruman."

Orodreth paused to see what kind of reaction this would bring from Ulfgar.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 12:28
"Saruman...sounds familiar....be it that idiot of a finger waggler (wizard) tha' lived in Orthanc, tha one who dressed in white an' could charm even tha most stalwart of men to do his bidding aye? I've heard tell of him. The biggest two faced rat if ever thar was one." he almost spat in digust "Laddie pardon me fer askin' but what do yea know of a place named tha Elvish Armoury, I 'eard tell that tha owners an' tha mines of New Moria 'ave a trade agreement involving mithril. Be it true or just fanciful rumour?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 04:32
Vana sat down beside her husband again as Ulfgar was saying, "I 'eard tell that tha owners an' tha mines of New Moria 'ave a trade agreement involving mithril. Be it true or just fanciful rumour?"

Vana frowned thoughtfully, trying to piece the fragments she had caught from across the room with what she was hearing now. Her brow cleared as she remembered hearing something about the Elvish Armory, and the pieces naturally fell into place from there. She waited for her husband's response, as she knew nothing of the Elvish Armory save that it was considered the best on Middle Earth.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 02:27
Orodreth scratched his head thinking."Hmm,well Iam afraid all I know about that place is what I heard from my other brother,Perathion.All I know is that one of his friends runs the Armoury and that its supposed to be the best in Middle earth.So Iam afraid I can't tell you anything else,but when I see Perathion I'll ask him.I don't know when that will be..."

[Edited on 13/3/2004 by Perathion]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email