Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: April 13, 2004 02:20
Orodreth smiled at Vana's attempt to ease Ulfgar."Always the life saver!",he thought while adoring her."Don't worry ol'matey,you'll get the hang of it soon enough!",he said with a hint of the dwarven accent,trying to help Ulfgar feel at ease.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 12:09
**he tried to relax but it wasn't all that successful, the poor dwarf was a little scared of heights**

"I be tryin' laddie but I don't be likin' being' so far off tha ground" he replied
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 05:43
Vana laughed at her husband's (failed) attempt to sound like the dwarf. "Meleth, I told you, that accent does not become you. Ulfgar..." she paused and considered. "There is nothing I can do about the height. I am sorry."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 01:41
Orodreth laughed at Vana's comment."I know it doesn't become me,but still its fun to do it.",he chuckled.

The hours passed and soon it was late afternoon.Orodreth stopped his horse on a green field where the river Baranduin,or Brandywine as the hobbits called it,ran through.
He looked at Ulfgar in his pain and decided it was time to let him rest as well as himself and Vana."Lets rest here,shall we?"
He knew Ulfgar couldn't wait to hear those words and was probably rather grumpy about having to ride for so long without a break."Iam hungry and could use a bite.How about you two?",he asked.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 08:01
"It not be yea fault dwarves be so short lassie, I'll be getting used to it eventually" he replied

**Ulfgar nodded and tried to diguise the grumbling noises his belly was making.**

"Aye laddie, and ma belly could do with a bit o' grub. What be yea intending to cook up?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 08:16
"I'm rather hungry myself," Vana admitted, stopping Shadowmane and dismounting gracefully. Leading the white mare to a conviently placed rock, she allowed the dwarf to dismount as she considered what to make.

After a moment, she reached into her knapsack and pulled out some dried meat and fruit. "My imagination runs low this time of day," she grinned, passing the food around to her husband and her riding companion. "We shall have to be satisfied with this." Settling down on a patch of grass, the blonde elf leaned against a rock and contentedly munched on the trail food.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 11:39
Orodreth laughed at his spouse's lack of creativity and accepted the dried meat and fruit lunch."You ok with this food Ulfgar?",he asked the dwarf considerately."Cause if not,I can catch a fish or maybe shoot a rabbit for you.",he offered.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 09:58
"Thank yea lassie." he smiled at Vana

**he turned back to Perathion to answer his question**

"I be fine laddie. I not be fussy like them 'obbit folk. I never be understandin' 'obbits, They be havin' far too many meals in a day. Why do they be needin' seven or more in a day when the rest of us folk be eaten three, four at most eh?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 11:08
Vana laughed in agreement. "I have traveled with several of the Little Folk in my time," she said, looking at Ulfgar, "And possibly the only irritating thing about them is their insistance on stopping every hour for food. It nearly drives me insane."

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 02:40
"Aye lassie, and the amount o' food they actually be eatin'. They ne'er be lastin' on long journeys were tha food be rationed." he chuckled
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 10:56
Orodreth laughed with Ulfgar and Vana,then said "I've never known any hobbits.What else is there to know about them...besides the fact that they make great roasted lamb?"
He was curious about these small people,the only race he knew virtually nothing about.He had been in the Blue Mountains and run into a few dwarves before and he had seen some humans,as Harlond and its shores attracted visitors from the east quite often and a number of them were humans.Some had even settled in Harlond,a thing unheard in all other elven cities.The sea brought longing not only in elves.

But obviously hobbits were either unaware or not interested in the charms of Harlond and they never could be seen there.

[Edited on 23/4/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 07:05
"Them 'obbit folk also be 'aving big feet and wearin' no boots. I ne'er be understandin' why." he laughed
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:23
"There is much more about them, meleth," Vana smiled. "They have a simple innocence about them, caring more for the tending of the soil and the gossip from Bywater than for adventures or danger or war. They have their ways of not being seen when they are in strange places. Legends say that they have such a close friendship with the earth that the earth hides them when need be from the 'Big Folk', as they call humans and Elves."

She grinned. "As a matter of fact, it is entirely possible that one or two of the more adventurous types, those of the Took family, may have made their way as far as Harlond." Her eyes twinkled. "But, as I said, they are extrordinarily good at hiding in plain sight."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 04:59
Orodreth listened at Vana's telling with greatest interest and it came as a surprise to him what she said about the Took's."I had no idea about that.But they do sound like a lovable sort those hobbits.",he said with a smile.Then his mind started wandering to the lands that lay ahead of them."I wonder what kind of people those Lossoth are.",he said thoughtfully.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 11:59
"Well if they be nasty folk that be tryin' to attack us they be feelin' my axe should the time come, gawd forbid."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 02:00
Vana smiled. "I don't recall reading much about them, save that they were the keepers of the ring of Barahir for a time, and the Dunedain bought it back from them in exchange for food and supplies. They did not seem like the blood-thirsty type, but it has been many mortal years since then. They may have changed."

Unconsciously, Vana's hand sought her abdomen. Was she being foolish, taking Orodreth's first child into territory where there may be hostile people?
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2004 03:01
"Ring of Barahir,eh...hm,I didn't know that.",Orodreth said thoughtfully."Well,lets hope they didn't change in the meantime.",he added with an optimistic grin.He noticed Vana was holding her hand on the abdomen and looking unsure.He wanted to cheer her up,so he approached her and put his arms around her."Are you worrying about how the baby will take it?Don't worry meleth.Considering who his parents are,he must be a tough one.And anyway,if it ever gets too risky to continue we will turn and go back instantly!",he promised.

"How dangerous can it be up there?They got nothing but snow and cold...most likely.",he thought.Yet he himself wasn't completely sure.He thought about the dream.But he dismissed it,he didn't believe in dreams like his younger brother Lindal.He told himself it had no significance at all.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 02:14
"Tha mountains can be dangerous laddie, and that be no mistake, there be all sorts o nasties living in the snow and the threat of avalanches. N'er underestimate the dangers snow be 'idding"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 07:29
Vana sighed and relaxed into Orodreth's arms, accepting the comfort he offered. She still felt a bit unsure about all this, but she told herself that everything would be fine.

Looking at Ulfgar, Vana flashed a bit of a nervous smile. "No, no, Ulfgar," she teased. "You're supposed to try and reassure the pregnant lady, not scare her more." Growing a bit more serious, she asked, "What snow perils, besides avalanches and such, do you know of? Generally, I try to stay away from cold areas and I am not familiar with 'nasties' that make their home in cold areas."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 10:41
"Tha bog standard orc or goblin, I not be seein' much else in tha mountains these days." he grinned "It be nothing that I can't 'andle on ma own. Tha problem be when they be catching yea by surprise. Tha snows 'ave a 'abit o' makin' things quieter somehow."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 04:42
Orodreth was aware there wouldn't be all safe and peaceful places on their route.But he hoped they would get through as easily as possible."Well,as I said Ulfgar,",he pointed out,his voice firm and decided,"The moment we discover that its too dangerous to continue ,we are turning back." He wanted to make it clear to the dwarf that this was no orc or goblin hunt.
"You can of course continue if you wish,but..that might turn out pretty tough without a horse.",he grinned.

He stroked Vana's hair and smiled reassuringly at her."Now if you both have filled your stomachs,I suggest we continue our ride."

Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 07:28
"Sounds good to me, meleth," Vana replied, getting up and packing the food into her knapsack. As she walked toward Shadowmane, she paused and kissed Orodreth, embracing him gently. "Don't worry too much, meleth," she whispered as she pulled away. "I know everything will work out."

She smiled at him, then turned to get Shadowmane ready to move on. "Ulfgar, are you ready to mount?" she asked, guiding Shadowmane to a mounting place with ease.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 04:38
"I know laddie, I don't be needin' ta be told twice." he laughed "Or would that be thrice yea be sayin' it now?"

**He pulled himself to his feet and strode over to Vana and Shadowmane**

"Aye, I be ready enough lassie." he grinned
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 07:31
Vana grinned over Ulfgar's shoulder at her husband as she gripped Ulfgar's hand and helped him up. Once he was settled...or as settled as he could be, given how scared he looked...Vana swung on in front of him and arranged herself carefully, Ulfgar clinging to her waist again.

"Best hurry, meleth," she teased, guiding Shadowmane with gentle touches and nudges. "I would hate to see you left in the dust by my beautiful mare."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:40
**He chuckled quietly**

"So which way be we headin'?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 04:22
"North.We should reach the Hills of Evendim,and Annuminas,by tomorrow.We shall stay there for the night and if possible,gather more information and supplies before we continue.",Orodreth answered with a smile.He clasped the dwarf on the back and said,"So,you up for more riding me matey?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 11:54
"Aye, I think I be startin' ta git used ta it." He grinned "But I be reconing I'll be stiff come tha morrow. I not be used ta riding."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 09:41
Vana rolled her eyes at all the conversation and urged Shadowmane into a smooth canter, taking care that Ulfgar didn't fall off but also that she would get a smooth lead on her husband. "Too many words, melethron!" she tossed over her shoulder with a laugh, guiding Shadowmane with one hand as she held onto Ulfgar's hands with the other. "Best get a move on!"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 12:15
Orodreth gave Vana a crooked eye and then grinned."You seem to be anxious to go off into danger!",he said.He tapped Windfoot and the strong horse started galopping in mid-tempo that they held.Orodreth was careful not to let him go too fast because he was afraid Ulfgar might not handle following in the same tempo."When it comes to this,",he thought,"bringing along a dwarf was not the wisest idea.This way we might get behind our schedule.Oh stop thinking about it will you?The important thing is that we are enjoying ourselves and it would not be as amusing with only us two!"

He let the couple on Shadowmane go ahead of him to make sure he didn't get carried away and start sprinting away with Windfoot.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 02:21
**he held on tight and remained rather quite for the duration of the journey.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 09:38
"Not so much into danger, melethron," Vana corrected. "Into adventure!" Vana laughed and continued onward, keeping just ahead of Orodreth.

Her farseeing eyes scouted the land ahead as she tried to breath normally with the vice attacted to her waist. This is such a beautiful land, she thought to herself as the two horses flew over the plains. I would like to come here more often after the baby is born. It seems like such a restful place.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 05:28
At nightfall they approached the hills of Evendim.Beyond them lay the ancient Arnor capital Annuminas and Lake Evendim.Orodreth told Vana and Ulfgar to stop.Then he dismounted and said "Lets not continue further.Its night and...the best thing is to camp here,'cause one can never be too safe in those hills at night.Besides,we are only a stone's throw away from Annuminas.So to speak."

He quickly found some firewood and then lit a fire."What will you cook up for us this time?",he asked Vana with a smile.He figured this was the best test for her to show herself as a wife.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 07:44
Vana helped Ulfgar off of Shadowmane and let the white mare wander and feed herself.

Seating herself by the fire, Vana smiled up at her husband. "Depends, husband mine," she said with a hint of a glimmer in her eyes. "Depends what you, breadwinner, can hunt in these lands."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 05:32
"Hmmm, food. I be guessing that most big game be a sleepin' now that night be closin' in. Yea'd probably be best diggin' up edible roots an' lookin' fer fruits and such like."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 05:43
"Yeah.Maybe there are some mushrooms around here.Wanna come along and help me find and pick them,ol' matey?",Orodreth said cheerfully."That is,if youre not too tired!",he added with a grin.He knew a dwarf would never admit he was too tired for anything and specially not Ulfgar.

He looked at Vana and said "I hope you know how to cook vegetables.'Cause it seems thats all we are going to chew on tonight!"
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email