Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: August 08, 2004 05:47
"Thank yea lassie. It may be a wee bit off topic but tha two o' yea seem to be pickin' up a wee portion o' tha dwarven dialect. It be quite amusing, well ta me anyhoo. Who knows mebee yea will speakin' like me by tha end o' our journey." He chortled "An' the porridge be mighty fine lassie, what be tha odd little fruits, well me be thinkin' they be fruits."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 06:27
"And maybe you will be speaking like us by the end of the journey," Vana returned with a smile, thickening her Elvish accent deliberately.

"I'm glad you both like it," she added, scrapping out the bottom of the bowl and wishing absently that she could have made more. "It's one of the few things I make well and enjoy. There's something about a warm bowl of porridge that puts heart into a person."

Picking up the dishes as the men finished, Vana rinsed them out carefully, not wanting to use more water than necessary. Drying them thoroughly, she put them away and got her horse ready. "Are we ready to move on?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder at the two men. "Daylight is wasting."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 09:14
"Aye,",Orodreth said as he rose,",we should get going." They saddled their horses and soon there was nothing but remains of the fire they had lit left behind them.They crossed the river Baranduin,or Brandywine as it was called in the tongue of hobbits,and were approaching Annuminas when suddenly they heard sounds of struggle and strange cries nearby.Orodreth looked at Vana and Ulfgar before he rushed to see what was going on."It sounds like....wargs!",he said and as he rounded the hill he saw that he was right."So close to Annuminas?How can it be?!",he thought,nearly shocked.
(OOC-Enter Ril!)

[Edited on 12/8/2004 by Perathion]
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 10:13
((yay! glad to be here!))

Rilaisseth Laotowyth, Stewardess of Adûnaphel, stood opposite of the two Elves and Dwarf. The wargs had chased her here. She had felled two, but there were still more. She glanced at the group of three and wondered if perhaps they could help. She strung her bow, aiming towards the large male warg that was coming too close to her for comfort. Letting out a breath, she let the arrow fly true, straight into the eye.

Still there were three more to deal with and Rilaisseth hastily ran to her right. "I beseech your help!" she called to the three in the group as she continued to retreat. She had lost her sword farther back and her arrows were few. Unless she was given help, she wouldn't be on Middle-Earth much longer...
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 11:18
Vana rose on her horse as she saw the problem. Quickly, her bow was in hand and notched, and she began firing her own arrows with deadly accuracy. "Hang on tight, Ulfgar!" she shouted over her shoulder. "I need to do some fancy riding!"

Not waiting for his consent, the elf dug her heel into Shadowmane's side and rocketed forward toward the wargs. Just before reaching the one that charged her, she spun to the left and shot several arrows into his sides.

As she spun again, she recognized the woman who had asked for their help. "Ril!" she called, half-smiling. "Again in trouble we meet!"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 11:57
Orodreth looked puzzled at this unexpected exchange between Vana and the stranger.But he had no time for asking how they knew eachother.He spurred his horse at the huge beasts and strung his bow,firing deadly arrows at great speed.
As chief marchwarden,he was a top marksman and had some experience in battle.
(OOC-We'll let Ulfgar get some action before we move on.)
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:03
((OOC: gah why do the good bits happen when I'm working!))

**Ulfgar actually managed to fall off the horse and roly-poly a few times before coming to dazed stop. He picked himself unshouldered his axe and charged full tilt at the nearest Warg, yelling a string of dwarven curses and such like.**

Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 10:47
Orodreth,Vana and Ulfgar fought well together and under their blows the wargs were soon all destroyed.Orodreth stood on the battlefield wiping the blood off his longsword as he watched the pile of dead wargs lying beneath his feet.It was silent for a moment,everybody catching their breath after a ferocious battle.Then Orodreth smiled cheerfully and winked at Ulfgar."That was not bad.I see now that we have chosen wisely in recruiting you matey!"

He turned to Vana and examined her carefully.She seemed to be unharmed by the beasts.He stood there thinking how many battles such as these did she have under her belt.This wasn't her first for sure.He then turned to the stranger."Are you allright lady...Ril,wasnt that what Vana called you?"

[Edited on 16/8/2004 by Perathion]
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 12:18
Rilaisseth shot her last two arrows into an offending warg and felled it. There was one left, but it seemed the Elves had no trouble in taking it down. She heard the familiar voice of Vanalosswen and smiled slightly. “Will the Valar, we stop meeting like this!” she answered, pulling her arrows out of wargs. “It has been years, mellon nin,” Rilaisseth said as she came to stand next to Vana’s white horse. She looked casually at the other before her and smiled slightly. “I am fine; and it’s Rilaisseth actually,” she replied.

She dropped her hood; the coronet of her office shimmering in the warm sun. Turning back to Vana she smiled again, “I seem to have been followed from Adûnaphel. My guards have all fallen prey to those ugly beasts; most were some of Ewen’s best men,” Rilaisseth sighed sadly and sat down. She looked at the Dwarf, then to the other Elf and back to Vana. “What are you doing here, so far from Mirkwood?” she asked curiously.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 04:31
Vana swung herself down and greeted Ril with the Elvish shoulder clasp. "I am sorry to hear about Ewen's men," she said, sincere sorrow in her eyes.

She might have said more, but Orodreth's throat clearing behind her reminded her of the others. "Ach, forgive my horrible manners. Rilaisseth, stewardess of Adûnaphel, may I present my husband, Orodreth of Harlond, and Ulfgar of the Blue Mountains. We are on a...exploring quest, of sorts. One more adventure before I am tied down by my child." She smiled almost bashfully as she touched her abdomen.

"I got married a year and a half ago, and I moved to Harlond to be with Orodreth," she explained to Ril who looked frankly astonished at the idea that Vana would be so far away from Mirkwood...or maybe it was the thought that Vana was married and pregnant.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 03:32
"It be a pleasure meeting yea, m'lady." Ulfgar grinned, giving a little bow.

**When he stood upright again he gave his helmet a firm wack with the flat of his axe blade...to stop it falling off, it had always been a bit too big for him.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 03:52
Orodreth couldn't help but letting out a chuckle at Ulfgar's struggle with his helmet,then he extended his hand towards Rilaisseth and said with a friendly smile "Its a true pleasure to meet you lady Rilaisseth.And lucky we came here in time.What about your horse,is it still alive?We only have two horses,but you can ride with me if nessecary."
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 02:03
Rilaisseth was a little shell-shocked as she heard Vana say she was both married and with child. However, she recovered with swiftness and grinned. "I'm so happy for you, Vanalosswen!" she said, hugging the Elf tightly. Her husband, Orodreth asked of her horse and made a generous offer but she shook her head.

"Actually, Orodreth, my horse is somewhere around here. She is a fiesty one and likes to wander," she smiled. She looked around and finally cupped her hands to her mouth and whistled. It took a minute, but her reddish horse finally came into view. The mare was sleek, but as Rilaisseth had correctly stated, she was fiesty. Rilaisseth grabbed the horse's reigns, though the mare clearly wanted none of it. Rilaisseth shook her head.

"You see, she is a fiesty one. But a goddess to be sure, hence her name in my language, Avalê," she said to Orodreth. She turned to Vana again. "Where are you headed? I might be inclined to join you, if you you'd permit it," she said with a grin.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 05:16
Vana laughed happily at Ril's joy on her behalf, hugging her friend in return. Releasing her, Vana turned as Orodreth offered to have Ril ride with him and Ril refused, explaining about Avale.

Vana laughed softly at her friend's answer, but composed her expression as Ril asked where they were heading. "We are heading for the lands to the north, where the Lossoth live. But what would Ewen say if you up and came with us?" Shadows of worry slipped over her blue eyes. Ewen hadn't liked Vana at first.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 09:08
Rilaisseth sighed a bit, then turned, almost seeming secretive. Patting her horse's forehead, she answered, "Ewen is away on a trip." She looked at Vana and smiled halfway, "I've been so trapped in my city, it was time for travel. And with Ewen gone for at least a month, it is perfect," she finished. She looked at Orodreth then back to Vana.

"I am not as lithe as I used to be...nor strong with the sword. Ewen would track me down and take me home if he found I was here." Vana seemed a little confused and Rilaisseth took Vana a bit further from the other two. "In battle I am nearly useless," she finally admitted. "I can use my bow, but with sword, I have no skill. I..." she paused and looked up at the sky, "I had an accident...off a cliff, last year it was. I've been paralyzed for a year and almost a half," she whistled shrilly and continued to watch the sky. Her hunting hawk swooped down with a cry and landed on her left, leather-covered forearm.

"She helps quite a bit. Ewen trained her for me, after we were married. She can hunt, but I use her much now to spot enemies," she smiled and stroked the birds head, then sent her up in the air. She turned to Vana again and sighed.

"I would love to join you...but...can you find any use for me?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 12:49
"Och bugger, there go ma chances o' walking fer a wee bit....I still not be likin' horses an this 'ere riding malarky, there be nothing wrong wit walkin' says I."

**He thwacked his helmet again leaving a fair sized dent in the metal...at least it didn't fall down over his eyes now.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 07:24
Vana's eyes shadowed with concern as she listened to her friend talk. "But you are walking fine," she commented, really more to herself than to Ril. She was silent a long moment as she weighed the pros and cons of bringing Ril.

After the moment, she looked up, and Ril was faintly surprised to see a smile touching the corners of Vana's mouth. "I believe that you may yet be used, mellon," the female elf said quietly. "This battle with the wargs is the first we have encountered since leaving home. It may well be that we will have no more. Even in the possibility of another fight, you can be behind us, covering with your bow as we fight head-on. Please, do come. Well do I know the feeling of being trapped."

Vana held her breath and glanced over her shoulder at Ulfgar and Orodreth as they talked quietly.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 01:22
Rilaisseth let out a breath of relief. "I'll do well on my horse," she smiled finally. "I can walk fine, I've been able to do so for quite a few months, but much of my strength is taking longer in coming." She watched Vana for a moment and smiled once more. "You should take it easier, you are with child," she grinned, pushing away her own thoughts and doubts.

"Do you have warm enough clothing? It is quite cold in Lossoth this time of year; so I have heard. It is actually beginning to grow chilly in my city; we had our first snow last week," she continued.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 12:37
Vana made a face at Ril as she chuckled. "Do not try to mother me, Ril," she warned, a light note in her voice. "More than enough people have been trying that. Yes, we bought new wool clothing before leaving Harlond. They should be enough when combined with the fact that we do not feel the cold like you mortals." Vana chuckled again as Ril made a face at her. "Well, it's true!"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 03:52
"And whose credit is that?Without me we wouldn't have proper clothes for those parts!",Orodreth jumped in and teased Vana with his lecturing voice."Iam glad that you are travelling with us lady Rilaisseth.And,as Vana said,hopefully there won't be more battles on this trip.I only hope our horses can deal with the climate...",he said,his voice as careful as always.The fact that they didn't know much about the lands they were visiting was constantly in the back of his mind,
worrying him.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 07:56
Rilaisseth grinned at Vana and Orodreth, "But don't forget, oh immortal Elves, I am Númenor. Though I don't immortal life, I do have an aspect of resistance to cold weather...to some extent," she chuckled. She shielded her eyes and looked in the sun's general direction.

"It's growing late in the day, if you don't move on now, we'll be camping here," she teased and swung up onto her horse; though it was a bit choppy and less graceful than usual. "So what is your business in Lossoth? It is a secluded place to my knowledge," she asked, a bit skeptical. None of her people usually went that direction and she herself had only skirted the land a few times.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 08:36
"Aye, an don't be fergettin' tha wee dwarf 'ere. We dwarven folk be 'avin' hides as tough as tanned boot leather." Ulfgar piped up, feeling a little left out and even smaller that usual...they all being on horseback and he on foot.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 06:01
"We will not forget you, Ulfgar," Vana smiled. "Come, follow me." With those words, she led Shadowmane to a handy rock and helped the dwarf onto her horse. Once he was settled (though he looked really uncomfortable), Vana swung on in front of him and guided Shadowmane to stand between Orodreth and Ril.

"To answer your question, Ril," Vana continued gracefully. "We do not have a specific goal in Lossoth. None of us have ever been there, and I, for one, like to fill in the empty blanks on my mental map. And I believe there may yet be people there...unless they have all died off since Isildur's time."
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 08:19
Rilaisseth nodded and smiled, "I've heard that there are still people there, though their numbers are few. One of the cities in my district are close to the land and I have gained report now and then; though it's never really my business." Rilaisseth chuckled softly. "The extent of my reign of large enough as it is," she teased.

"So," Ril started. "After our journey ended, you went and got married?" she smiled to Vana with a bit of a teasing glint in her eyes.

((gah, screw this post...it's a horrid mess))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 10:09
Vana laughed at Ril's question as the party got going again. "It was not quite that fast!" she answered, moving her horse to be between Orodreth and Ril's horses. "I had already met Orodreth before our adventure, and I had already guessed he was 'the one'. But it was several years after our adventure that he 'popped the question'." Vana reached over and lightly poked Orodreth in the ribs. "Took him long enough!" she grinned.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 02:05
Orodreth gave Vana a dirty look and shook his head smiling."I guess I was just being careful.After all,you never know with those ranger women...",he said with a chuckle,ready to duck.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 11:48
"Now now laddie yea should know better than ta go sayin' things like that about ladyfolk." he chortled

"If I were yea lassie I'd give 'im a slap fer that." Ulfgar laughed
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 01:58
Vana took Ulfgar's advice and lightly smacked her husband, aiming a bit low as she knew he would try to duck. Giggling, she considered what Orodreth had said. "If aught is to be said about rangers, let us speak of ranger males." She grinned as Orodreth scowled at her. "Nay? Then please, no comments about ranger women."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 01:45
Orodreth made a face at Vana's aim at ranger males."Oh?And what does that have to do with me??My brother was a ranger,not me!",he protested and then started laughing.

"Its allright Ulfgar ol' matey,Iam just teasing her a bit.We like to do that,don't we melethril?"
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 03:53
Rilaisseth watched the three and laughed lightly. She sighed and looked off in the direction of her homeland; they would pass right near it, she supposed. Perhaps she should go and tell the guards what had happened, after all, Ewen had every right to know where she would be. She sunk into her thoughts, staring off to the space ahead of her. She already missed Ewen, which was almost a tell-tale sign that her Ranger instincts were being put second to her normal life at home.

Rilaisseth broke from her thoughts, looking at the two Elves and the Dwarf, making sure she had not strayed from them. Thankfully, she had not and her spirited horse had stayed on the path. She rubbed her back stiffly as they continued riding; it was still quite sore, and with all the riding she was doing...well, she wasn't exactly fit to be out anyway. With a disgusted sigh, she rested her hand on the pommel of her saddle.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 07:56
"Aye, I did realise that laddie!" he laughed "An' I be thinkin' that it be mighty amusing if I joined in."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 02:11
Vana joined in the laughter, telling her husband and Ulfgar, "He always likes to tease me. He thinks he'll win in a battle of wits on of these days."

But through the jesting, Vana's eyes were drawn to Ril and the pain she felt radiate from her friend's body. Vana's fingers tingled as her healing power begged to be released into Ril's body.

Nonchalantly, she reached out and touched Ril's shoulder. She couldn't completely heal Ril without a tremendous amount of energy being sucked from her, something that could endanger the unborn child, but she could and did relieve the pain in Ril's back.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:22
Rilaisseth jumped when Vana touched her shoulder and looked at the Elf more than a little startled. She noticed relief in her back and frowned at Vana. "You have a child to keep strength for mellon nin, you shouldn't worry about me," she said, reprimanding her friend. She smiled though, knowing Vana would argue that in a moment's notice.

Rilaisseth sighed, the discomfort in her back dispelled for now. She looked over at Vana and half-smiled with a thoughtful look. "You know, Adûnaphel might be a good rest for tonight. It's safe...and not too far out of our way. Ewen won't be home for at least two weeks yet, and we could stay in the castle-mansion. I'm sure you've been travelling for quite a while now and I would love to treat you to a nice meal," Rilaisseth offered Vana hopefully. She pursed her lips after a moment of silence and spoke again, "The truth be told, mellon, I feel the need to at least leave my husband message of where I'll be."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 02:46
Orodreth didn't like what Vana did,he didn't want her to jeopardise their unborn son's health.Yet her compassion for Rilaisseth touched him so he couldn't be angry at her.He just put his hand on her shoulder and said "Are you allright melethril?Ril was right,you shouldn't do that again,it may harm our son."

He tried not to sound too reprimanding,but he knew that Vana would defend her actions strongly.Thats why he smiled lovingly at her,for he knew she couldn't get offensive when he looked at her like that.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 03:58
"I'm fine, melethron," Vana replied, reaching out to grip his shoulder gently. She understood why he was reacting this way; he was just worried about both of them. She didn't particularly like being mothered, but she would put up with it, since she understood where he was coming from. Plus, it was her constant reminder her that he really loved her. "A little bit of power, like the amount needed to relieve pain and discomfort, is barely a drain at all. I can't fully heal you, mellon," this was addressed to Ril, "but I can help where possible."

Changing the subject, she addressed the question Ril had put up. "I think it sounds like a marvelous idea to stay at your place for at least a night." She grinned. "And any meal not cooked by me would be counted as good, and probably not just counted as such by me alone!" She looked over her shoulder at Ulfgar and asked, "What do you gentlemen think?" her eyes flicking toward Orodreth as she asked.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email