Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: October 31, 2004 04:09
"Aye just a little laddie. We dwarf folk be needing more sleep than yea elves. I'll see yea in tha mornin' laddie who knows what tha morrow be havin' instore fer us."

**And with that Ulfgar retired to his room and slept soundly until morning.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:27
Vana reclined into the comfortable couch with a sigh of relief. After days in the wild, it was good to enjoy some creature comforts. "I have been well," she said with a hint of a rueful smile. "A bit over-mothered since I discovered I was pregnant, but well. Orodreth and I have been working with his mother to get his family estate up to par since we returned from our most recent adventure."

Sensing that Ril hungered for any taste of adventure after so long without it, Vana told her the whole story about how she and her sister Macilie had been captured by orcs and rescued by Orodreth and Macilie's husband Lindal. Ril listened raptly, occasionally asking a clarifying question or adding a remark of her own.

When Vana finished, she picked up the cup of tea that had arrived about halfway through her narrative and sipped. "Mm," she hummed, content. "Exactly the way I like it." She sipped again as a comfortable silence fell over the room. Suddenly, Vana sat straight up. "Ewen does not like you to travel after your accident?" she asked. "Then what will he think about you going on this trip...and with two elves, no less," she added with a remembering smirk.

Ewen and Vana had hammered out a mutual respect during the time they had traveled together, but it was still no more than respect and was very tenative. Ewen had told Vana, after being asked point-blank, why he didn't like elves in general, and his reasoning made sense. Still...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 03:09
((OOC: write me in where necessary, I've gone to sea and will not be back until mid january at the earliest. soz that my job's getting in the way of my RPing.))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 02:02
(OOC-Damn! We understand, but will miss you terribly in those two months. Good luck on the trip! May Ulmo give you still waters!)
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 08:42
Rilaisseth gave a smug smile. "Oh, he's not exactly pleased that I'm off alone. The letter he sent me was not encouraging to say the least, but nevertheless he said I could go where I wish. I would love to stay home an extra day or two before we would leave, but I fear he may come home early; I don't wish to be around when he does appear," she sat back in her chair. Another silence proceeded to edge around the room and Rilaisseth sighed.

"I suppose his worry is not in vain, but for the past year I've been an invalid stuck inside this room and...well, you probably know what it's like to be stationed as such," Ril trailed off, staring into her tea. She looked back up at Vana after another few moments of silence and watched the Elf attentively.

"You don't have to stay up here with me, you know, mellon nin. You are with child and I don't wish you be too exhausted," Ril warned in her usual concerned manner.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 10:09
One side of Vana's mouth twisted up in a half-smile. "Very interesting," she murmured. "I am glad you will accompany us, of course, but I wonder if this is the right way about it." She considered that a moment, then shrugged her concerns away.

Then Ril made her comment about the Elf being with child, and Vana's whole demeanor changed. She very gently set her tea cup down and stood up. "Please," she said, every syllable falling very carefully into place, "do not mother me. I have had more than enough of that from Orodreth." Her words sped up as she began pacing. "He has said, time and again, 'Are you all right, Vana? Should we rest, Vana? I don't want our firstborn injured, Vana.' Everyone forgets this is not new for me! I have been pregnant before!"

Her words rang in the suddenly still air, and Vana realized what she had said. A string of less than polite words spilled from her in frustration as she sat down hard on the couch again. "Ril, forgive me, I did not mean to shout at you," she said as she looked beseechingly at her human friend.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 12:10
Rilaisseth was...let's just say a little startled by the Elf's sudden outburst. It wasn't uncalled for, just unexpected. Shocked by the fact that Vana had been pregnant before, the human ranger was left speechless. Rilaisseth did not deal well with shouting that was aimed towards her, which proved to be true now. “I…I…I am sorry too,” Ril struggled over the words. “You…were pregnant before?” her voice cracked as she tried to stay calm…or close enough to it.

Yes, she was the Stewardess of Adûnaphel, and upon almost every circumstance, she was eloquent, gracious, and calm beyond all measure; here was her other side…

((*winks at Vana* had to throw a curve at ya, seler, don’t think you can get off that easily))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 12:53
((*sticks her tongue out at Mac* Fine, be that way...but expect the longest post I've written yet!))

Vana buried her face in her hands. Blast...she'd hoped Ril had missed that part. Apparently not... "Yes," she said softly, her word almost a sigh.

She could feel Ril trying to rally the courage to ask; Vana saved her the effort. "It was a long time ago," she said, letting her hands fall into her lap and studying her nails with unusual devotion. "Before I started truly wandering." She bit her lip, gathering her thoughts and emotions close. Her face settled into the impassive mask she privately termed her 'princess face' as she continued, "It was a beautiful fall day. I was traveling alone from Rivendell back to Mirkwood to be in time for the Autumn Feast. I did not make it all the way there."

Vana blinked hard. No matter how many times she told this, it never got easier. This was harder, somehow...Ril was the first human Vana had ever told. The elf wondered if Ril would ever be able to look at her the same way after this. 'Hung for a lamb, hung for a sheep,' she thought grimly and plunged on.

"I was singing a song of feasting, as I was happy to be going home...I had missed my family, even in Rivendell. My singing deafened me to everything else around me...I suppose that is how he," she spat the word out as if it were poison, "managed to get so close without me hearing." Her long fingers twisted together in her lap; she could feel her child squirming inside her, reacting to his mother's tension.

"He..." her voice cracked and she shook her head. "It is suffice to say," she said after a moment, "that I was taken against my will and left to die in the forest I loved." She inhaled raggedly, blinking hard. No, this wasn't easy at all.

Before she knew what the other woman was doing, Ril had taken Vana's hand and was holding it firmly between her own. Vana squeezed it gently and managed a half-smile. "I made it back home without anyone seeing me," she said quietly. "I soaked in a hot bath until it was cold, trying to rid myself of the feeling of contamination. It did not work. I managed to pretend to everyone that nothing was wrong...until I felt life growing inside me."

Vana snapped the fingers of her free hand. "That was the breaking point. I left that night with what I could carry in a small knapsack. I have never returned there to live since."

"What of the child?" Ril asked gently, her voice kind.

Vana smiled; a real smile. "Little Calma," she murmured. "My little lamp. She was the reason I did not allow myself to pass on, as Elves do when they are...violated in that manner. I gave birth to her alone in the forest. Ril, I was so afraid..." She didn't meet her friend's eyes, but that seemed to be all right. "I was so afraid of dying. It hurt so badly."

The elf bit her lip until a hint of red appeared around her teeth; the pain seemed to ground her. "I knew I could not take care of her alone. I had no home, no husband, no way of taking care of someone beside me. So, I...gave her to a couple who lived not far from where I gave birth. I found my way to Rivendell and stayed there for several months, healing, or trying to heal. Lord Elrond heard the story...in fact, I often wonder if he already knew, but wanted me to tell him as part of the healing process." She fell silent. "And that is my story," she finally added. "Painful, and hard, but it is mine." She waited, breath baited, for her friend's response.

[Edited on 16/11/2004 by Vanalosswen]
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 06:37
Rilaisseth was silent as Vana finished her story and finally, carefully wrapped her arm around Vana’s shoulders. “You are very brave to tell this to a human. I admire your self-will,” Ril answered softly. “In a way…I understand what you have gone through,” she continued quietly. “I have seen enough and been too close not to understand,” she then finished, more to herself than to Vana.

She looked at her Elvish friend with a soft smile. “If it makes you feel any better, I will keep your secret safe until my life is ended,” she said solemnly. Removing her arm from Vana’s shoulders, Rilaisseth poured a little more tea into the Elf’s cup and handed it to her. “Anyway, you should take it easy while you are here, if not only to be company to me. I don’t have friends I can trust in this city anymore, which is why you are such a welcome sight.” Rilaisseth topped off her own tea and sat back with a heaving sigh. She had put calming powder in her tea earlier and now was enjoying her muscles beginning to loosen.

“You know, for once my solvent is working the way it was meant,” she said, sinking further back into the couch. Vana looked at her oddly and Rilaisseth smiled guiltily. “Don’t worry, it wasn’t in your tea,” she said and closed her eyes. “I used to wonder why Ewen hates Elves as much as he does,” Rilaisseth said out of the blue, her mind running over his letter as the solvent calmed her mind. “But now I know…” Ril sighed unhappily. “He is afraid of losing me to one of you. He believes I should have been one of your kind…” Rilaisseth looked at Vana and shook her head.

“Although it might be because…of…the Elf he saw me with years ago…that I…he…we…” Rilaisseth trailed off and shook her head once more, dropping the sentence as quickly as she had started. “Anyway, that is mostly why he despises your race,” she ended quite badly. She sipped more of her tea and cleared her throat and stood, trying to cover up her words. She walked into her room and came back out a few moments later, carrying a bow. “I received this as a gift not two months ago…what is your opinion of it?” she asked, not having used the bow yet.

((*snickers to herself* try and figure that one out o, sister of mine))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 12:09
Vana listened, a burden falling from her heart as she heard Ril's response. Her human friend didn't hate her; it was all right to be real with her.

Ril's conversation danced from subject to subject, running from the serious to the mundane. Vana rose as Ril showed the elf her new bow. Vana didn't say anything for a long moment as she carefully weighed it in her hand and tested the string, her eyes half-closed. She found an arrow and fired it out the window, aiming carefully for non-habitable areas. Then she smiled as she handed the bow back. "It is a good bow," she said, sitting down again. "Well-weighted and sturdy. It should serve you for many years."

She settled back into the cushions. "Now," she said, returning to a subject Ril had touched on, but had danced away from, "what were you saying about an Elf Ewen saw you with?"

(*big grin* Your turn, seler o' mine)
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 12:28
Rilaisseth seemed surprised that Vana had followed her that closely…however she sighed, and began quietly. “I’m nigh thirty now, so it happened a long time ago…about fifteen years or so. I was in Rivendell after a great deal of hurt had been done to me by a human in Gondor. Elrond was watching over me at the time, keeping me sane I suppose,” Rilaisseth smiled quite smugly and continued. “There was an Elf that frequently visited me during that time, and we became good friends. At the time, I trusted Elves more than my own kin…which is still true to some extent now. However, time soon came for me to leave and take up my role as a ranger, and we parted. I liked him, but not so much to feel anything other than friendship, but he had other ideas. When I returned many years later, with Ewen, you remember, we met. I was glad to see him, but when he claimed that he loved me…I was quite…angry,” Ril smiled at Vana. “He kissed me and I slapped him. At any other time of my life, I wouldn’t have been so rash, but at the time I was having too many physical and emotional problems. Ewen happened to come upon us as the Elf was…well, kissing me. He didn’t see that I slapped him…” Rilaisseth grinned and shrugged.

“Anyway…I haven’t seen the Elf since, which is a small loss I guess, he was a good friend. Although Ewen barely allows me to travel now…after my accident anyway,” she sighed and sipped more of tea, waiting to see Vana’s response.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 02:53
Vana sipped her tea as she listened, absently rubbing her abdomen. She smiled at the account and rested the tea cup on her knee as she remarked, "Now I think I understand Ewen better. He told me once that he was afraid that an elf would steal you from him...I suppose his fears were well-grounded. I wonder what happened to your elven friend."

Her blue eyes unconsciously reflected a sobering thought: if Ril's elf friend had truly loved the ranger woman, his heart might have been broken by her refusal, and he may have died. But she didn't want to say that aloud to Ril; no sense making the other woman feel bad about something that happened so long ago. The elf sipped her tea and hummed appreciatively. There was nothing quite like a cup of hot tea and conversation with an old friend.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 01:53
(OOC-Alright folks, don't mean to be mean but the Yuletide is over and it's about time to get our thread on its feet again! Look how far behind we have fallen!:cry: So, PLEEEASE, post as soon as you can.)
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 10:30
((Okay, okay, I'm here! I'm at the library, since my computer is a piece of junk...round 1 ding! I lose...round 2 ding! I lose again *snickers at Vana* inside joke, eh, seler?))

Rilaisseth ran her finger around the glass cup's edge silently. "Perhaps he died," she voiced her thoughts quietly. Vana's eyes jerked up to her own and Rilaisseth half-smiled. "Don't think I'm /just/ a human, I know the ways of Elves," she answered at her friend's look. She sighed, "I know it was wrong of me to befriend him...I knew he loved me, but I hoped...he was just pretending. So I continued to see him for a long while, when I left Rivendell and became a Ranger, he was heartbroken...but kept contact with me whenever he could manage. Then...he met Ewen," Rilaisseth went silent and looked around the room.

She stood after a long while and moved to her office, returning with a note in her hand. Tentatively, she looked at Vana with a troubled look. "The way to Lossoth is dangerous. The roads are sometimes full of bandits...Ewen himself tells me we will meet many more perils than we should normally. A spy knows we are coming..." she trailed off again and gave Vana the note. "Elves are not welcome among those roads, mellon nin, it will not be an easy time."

((There, how does that suit you Perathion? Seler, your turn!!))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 04:36
((Lol, yes indeed! Ready for round 3?))

Vana took the note and read it through twice. Her full lips pursed in thought as she set the thin piece of parchment to one side. "Bandits we can deal with," she said after a moment, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she thought aloud. "If we are alert, Orodreth and I can sense people from a distance." Ril nodded; the other ranger knew about elven sensitivities. "But spies..."

Vana got up and began to pace slowly as her eyes turned a light grey. "I dislike spies. Oh, I will use them...I am one when it is needed. But I hate them. They look like friends until they stab you in the back." The silence that fell was only broken by Vana's light footfalls and the friends' breathing.

"But why are there spies?" Vana suddenly cried, turning sharply on her heel and glaring through a window. "Orodreth and I are only traveling, visiting a land neither of us have seen before. I can understand not liking Elves; most people dislike us, and I know why, most of the time. But Orodreth and I are doing nothing that would draw the attentions of a spy. If they are looking for you, which might almost be reasonable as you are a Steward, they would not have time to know you are coming with us, and where we are going." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "This makes no sense."

The elf sat down again, ashen-faced, and picked up her teacup again. "Do me a favor, mellon," she said after a moment. "Do not mention this to Orodreth. He already worries too much; I do not want to go home yet."
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 06:50
Rilaisseth was silent as Vana paced the room and looked at the letter laying on the table. "I will not tell him, I can assure you of that. I don't wish to see you go home either...despite your pregnancy," she smiled smugly. "Returning to all seriousness," Rilaisseth continued softly, "the spies come for me, mellon nin and no one else. They see who I take my time with, and I wouldn't doubt that they will try to kidnap me as well," she spoke calmly, as if the idea didn't seem to worry her. "Many of the lands that highly rejected my coming to the throne resent me still. They are a man's followers who has continually threatened me and my house. Don't worry, though, the last time I knew Ewen had put him in jail once again," Rilaisseth fingered her chin thoughtfully.

There were secret ways out of her own town if they wished to avoid bandits for much of the way. As a royal she had been versed in the escape route... She looked around and stood, then sat next to Vana; the information needed not to be relayed to any who might be listening. "There are secret ways out of my kingdom that only the royals know. It's an escape route and a relatively easy one to travel on...I know it's not my place to say, but from experience perhaps we should take that road?" she questioned.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:09
Vana sipped her tea and calmed down. One thing she disliked about prgenancy, she observed distantly, was the mood swings that came hand-in-hand with the growth of a new life. She listened as Ril murmured the information about the escape route and rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

When she replied, it was in Elvish. Most humans here didn't speak it well; it was a good enough cover. "It is more than your place, mellon, it is your right. This is your land. We are guests here. If you think that is the best road, then we will take it." She yawned behind her hand. "Ach," she managed. "I keep forgetting that pregnancy makes me tired.I should go down and sleep while a bed is avaliable." She rose and embraced Ril as the other ranger woman rose.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 01:00
Rilaisseth smirked knowingly...didn't she tell the Elf woman to get some sleep earlier? She shook her head; Vana was stubborn, but of course, that didn't come as a surprise. The line of Mirkwood royals were known to be hard-headed. "Rest while you can, mellon nin. I don't think we should leave tomorrow, you need a little more rest. Ask Orodreth once and see what he says," Rilaisseth tied the sash of her robe, making it obvious that she wished to accompany Vana to her room.

"I'll see you to your room, then I have some things of my own to do before I can rest. Rumors have reached my ears of something..." she seemed a little too worried about it. They headed down the stairs and Rilaisseth bid Vana goodnight and rushed away.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 08:11
Vana chuckled wearily. "Something tells me that Orodreth will be more than pleased to stay, if only because he worries," she remarked, leading the way out of Ril's room.

Ril abandoned the elf woman at her door and rushed away. Vana frowned, watching her friend until she was out of Vana's range. 'That is odd,' she thought, then promptly dismissed it. As Steward, Rilaisseth had a lot of responsibilities that Vana couldn't know about. She entered her room silently, closing the door quietly behind her.

Orodreth was already in bed and asleep; he must have been tired, because he didn't stir when Vana entered the room. She smiled fondly, walked lightly to her bag and pulled out her sleep tunic and leggings. She changed quickly, rubbing her hand fondly over the small lump in her abdomen that was barely visible unless you knew it was there.

She lifted the edge of the cover and slipped carefully under it, snuggling close to Orodreth's back. He wasn't awake, or at least not all awake, but he turned around and took her in his arms, burying his face in her mass of golden hair. She smiled and rested her head against his chest. Being held by Orodreth was like being wrapped in a warm blanket; safe and warm. She let her eyes go out of focus and slid into her dream world, accompanied by the sound of Orodreth's heart.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 02:37
(OOC-Phew! Finally a chance for me to post.)

Orodreth sensed in his dream that his love had returned, so he instinctively turned around and embraced her tight. He felt much better instantly as he felt her golden tresses against his face and her warm body close to him and all the worries and possible dreams of trouble disappeared. The night passed quietly and in the morning Orodreth awoke first. He remained in the same position so not to disturb Vana, for he knew she was exhausted and needed a lot sleep. Instead he just watched her, adoring her with all his heart.

As she finally opened her eyes, he greeted her smiling "Morning my princess. How are you feeling? I hope you got enough sleep and rest."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:09
Vana slept long and hard, as she never allowed herself to do when they were on the road. She sensed, somewhere outside her warm haven, that Orodreth was awake, but decided that, since he wasn't moving, it would be all right to stay asleep a while longer.

Consciousness, however, called firmly after a while, and Vana surfaced from the depths of her dreams. Her eyes flickered open to see Orodreth's face close to hers. He was smiling as he said quietly, "Morning, my princess. How are you feeling? I hope you got enough sleep and rest."

Vana smiled back sleepily and kissed him lightly before responding. "Yes, I slept quite well. Ril told me to ask you if you wanted to stay here another day or so; she says I need rest." The princess was really too tired to get upset at the idea; right now, held in Orodreth's arms, she liked being babied. "I would like to stay," she added. "There will be times when there will be no chance to stay and rest; we may as well enjoy the times of rest when they come."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 02:58
Orodreth listened to Vana's words and after a short consideration he realized it was a good idea to stay a while longer as guests in Ril's house. It was warm, it was safe and the food was great. They would never get such a good acommodation anywhere else. Smiling back at his sweetheart he said "Sure melethril, we can stay. For as long as you want. I would never want to go before I was sure you were ready to continue. And we are not having such a bad time here, right?"

Only problem that appeared in the back of his mind was how Ulfgar would take it. He wasn't sure that the dwarf was content in hanging around for several days in a large mansion like this. What he knew about dwarves was that they liked best small places and felt uncomfortable inside such mansions, specially ones populated with other races than themselves.
(OOC-Ulfgar, Ulfgar, come out wherever you are! I sure hope you'll be back soon.)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:04
Vana smiled again and kissed the side of Orodreth's mouth. Unlike usual, she didn't feel like getting up for a while. It felt good to lay wrapped in a warm embrace in a safe place. Half-closing her eyes, she let her head rest against Orodreth's shoulder and inhaled his sweet smell. "I think we're having a lovely time here," she murmured in soft Elvish. "And I would hate to move on too fast."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 01:44
((OOC: okay okay I'm here. Forgive any nonsence bits. I'm half asleep.))

**Ulfgar had been finding it hard to sleep, so he had decided to go on an amble around the mansion, to get a good idea of what sort of luxuries important people in the surface word had in their homes, he was curious to discover the differences in lifestyle between his people and the race of men.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 01:44
(OOC-Mac or Ril, we need your post as soon as possible.)

Orodreth smiled at his wife and thought about their trip so far. He had never thought they would make such unlikely acquaintances:a wandering dwarf and a Dunedain lady steward.
He was glad that they had friends he knew they could rely on.
But still he was unsure about the road ahead. And he had a feeling that somehow Vana knew more about it than she was telling.

As she was dressing, he looked outside their window into the distance. So far he could see, it was a clear day. Suddenly he asked "So, what were you and Ril talking about? It seemed like a very long conversation to me. What did she have to tell you about our route?" He looked again at her to see her reaction and it indeed seemed as though the question had taken her by surprise for she stopped for a moment.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 09:50
Vana had been brushing out her long hair when Orodreth asked her the question she'd hoped he would not ask. Her face hidden by the golden curtain, she thought quickly. If she told him everything, he would almost certainly insist that they turn around and head home. But he was very good at telling if she was lying. After a moment's thought, she decided on telling half of the truth.

"She told me that bandit activity has been great lately, but that she knows another way to leave the city," the blonde princess replied, parting her long hair with her forefingers to look at her husband.

"What else did you talk about?" Orodreth asked, probing deeper.

Vana sighed, trying to restrain her temper. "We are friends of old, melethron," she said patiently. "We have not seen each other in years. We had much to catch up on; much to talk about that remains between women." She began braiding some of her hair into two simple braids that met at the back of her head. She didn't feel like doing more with it right at the moment.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:02
Vana's first reply made Orodreth flicker. "Bandits?" he replied almost shocked. "Well...I guess that can't be avoided in these parts...but if she knows a safe route, then I guess we'll have to trust her and hope for the best.", he replied optimistically.

He hated to "interrogate" Vana, but he knew how much she wanted this trip to happen and that she would do anything, even lie, in order to make him continue it. "I'll ask Rilaisseth more about this route later. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a longer one. But if it will get us to Forochel safe, I won't mind." He then smiled at his wife and came up behind her embracing her tenderly. He touched her abdomen to feel their child, their unborn son grow inside.

As he felt him move, his face shone with delight and happiness.
"He has grown already, hasn't he? I bet he will be as big as his dad, if not even bigger!", he said proudly and kissed her hair.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:39
Vana settled into Orodreth's embrace and rested her hands on his. "Yes, he has grown," she replied, tilting her face up to kiss his chin. "I just hope he will not be as big as you come the birthing!" She smiled, showing she was joking, but under the joking was a grain of true fear.

This son she carried in her womb now was Orodreth's first, it was true, but he was not her first. It had been nearly two thousand years since Calma's birth, but Vana had never forgotten the pain of that breaching. Of course, she had been alone, and she knew she wouldn't be alone this time, but...Sighing, the princess rested her face against Orodreth's throat and let her worries drain away as she breathed in tandem with him.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 03:12
((okay, okay, I'm here...good grief, it's not like my life revolves around this thread *smiles slightly*))

Going back to the night before...

Rilaisseth opened the back door and stepped outside. Her talk with Vana had done her good, and she felt better, but the rumors that had been confirmed as true were frightening her to some extent. She would have Ewen to protect her against the man that continually haunted her daily living...and now she was traveling with no more than two Elves and a Dwarf.

She sighed as she looked around the castle's large walled-in yard. He was not here...yet. She should have mentioned something to Vana, but despite Vana being a good friend, she was wary mentioning 'him' to the she-Elf. She shut the door quickly and went back to her room; it was no use scaring her guests...she would keep it to herself.

The next morning...

Rilaisseth woke in avid turmoil from her dreams. She was never a hard sleeper, but last night she had slept greedily and paid for it in nightmares. She got out of bed with a heavy sigh and rubbed her brown eyes groggily. She hoped Perathion would not want to leave today, especially now that she needed a bit more sleep than she had hoped for. Rubbing her aching back, she pulled on a clean dark scarlet dress and added her coronet.

The Stewardess had business to attend to today, and though she would spend much of her time trying to entertain her guests, she did still have duties. Hurrying down the hall, she went to the kitchen and asked for a breakfast for her in her guests in the dining room. She intended to give Vana, her husband and the Dwarf, a taste of fine living...yes, that was the key...to hide her wariness of the path ahead...

((well, not my greatest post in the world, but I was hurrying...))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 02:52
(OOC-It's fine mellon, just remember it is Orodreth I'm playing, not his brother Perathion!)

Orodreth sensed in her sigh that something was disturbing Vana and looked at his beloved affectionately. He had got to know her well and could tell when something was worrying her. "Is everything alright melethril? You seem somewhat troubled...have you begun to worry about the trip ahead as well?", he asked. "Don't worry, for as I said already, the moment I sense some kind of peril we shall turn and go back!"

[Edited on 18/2/2005 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 10:06
Vana smiled slightly. "Nay, it is not the road ahead that troubles me," she said honestly. Bandits didn't really worry her, and a spy could be dealt with...though she had sensed that Ril hadn't told her everything that was wrong. She hesitated, not sure how much she could say.

"Go on, melethril," Orodreth encouraged, planting a kiss on her temple.

"Orodreth...I'm afraid," the princess confessed. "You know I have had a child before and..." she closed her eyes. "It hurt. So much...and I hate pain. I mean...I was alone that time, and I know I won't be alone this time, but...that doesn't take away the fear." Oddly enough, Vana felt the burden of fear lift slightly as she confessed to her husband the weight that had been resting on her heart.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 02:59
Orodreth was surprised to hear this coming from Vana, the boldness herself. Yet he knew that giving birth was something very different from fighting and getting wounded. He pulled her closer and looked reassuringly into her deep blue eyes.

"Melethril...", he started,"I know that I can't do nothing to take the actual pain away...but I assure you that I will be there to make it easier for you." He then sighed deeply and said with a thoughtful gaze "I am so grateful that you will give me a child, a son. Therefore I will not ask of you to bear me another.", he said in a desperate attempt to lessen her fear.

He was aware how futile his words sounded, for there was no way he could control such things as pregnancy. The only solution was not to sleep with Vana again and that was impossible for him. But in his heart he hoped that Vana would not suffer too much and that her experience with their child would make her change the way she felt.

Gaining his old cheerness, he looked at his beloved and said firmly "Let us not think of it further, for we cannot do much else but hope for the best." With that, he caressed her face and whispered to her softly. "Meleth le."

[Edited on 19/2/2005 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 10:54
Vana smiled at her husband's words. She wanted to bear children to her husband; that fulfilled a part of her heart that had been empty for centuries. Besides, there was no real way to prevent childbirth; it was as natural as the tides and about as preventable. But she appreciated Orodreth's concern. "No," she replied quietly, "there is little to do until the day of delivery." She kissed his lips tenderly before whispering, "Meleth le."

They stayed that way for a long moment, holding each other, before Vana pulled gently away. "I think I can smell breakfast cooking...and it smells like a rich one. Let's go partake of Ril's hospitality."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 06:16
Orodreth smiled happily at his wife and let out a blessed sigh as they held each other. Then he replied, "Yes, I could use some breakfast melethril. Let's go." They held hands as they left the room and went down the long set of stairs to the dining room.

Down there they could see only Ethener. Orodreth was surprised that their dwarven friend had not yet come. "I guess Ulfgar must have been so exhausted since the smell of food didn't wake him!", he joked and they both laughed softly. Orodreth greeted the ranger and they sat down. Shortly thereafter, Rilaisseth appeared. She looked a bit weary, as though she hadn't slept too well.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 05:53
When Ril entered, Vana rose to greet her friend with a brief hug. As she touched the other ranger, the elf sensed, beneath the calm surface Ril presented to the world, a maelstrom of fears and emotions. Frowning, Vana leaned close and asked, "Mellon, are you all right?"
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email