Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: September 02, 2004 11:55
"It be soundin' like a good idea ta me, It would be makin' a nice change ta sleep somewhere an' no be worryin' about tha rain and other such weather nasties." he replied "An' I be recokin' we could all be doin' with a nice big stodgey meal, it do us a world of good. Especially yea lassie."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 04:38
Orodreth was hesitant wether to accept this invitation.As a marchwarden,he could sleep anywhere.But now he had to think of others and both the dwarf and Vana were better off sleeping in a warm place,specially considered that Vana was pregnant.He cared so much about their baby that he would take no risks whatsoever.

"Very well.Where is this house of yours then,Rilaisseth?",he asked curiously,with a hint of scepticism that he couldn't help avoiding.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 03:55
Vana began to see red as Ulfgar answered. She didn't say anything, but she silently fumed, 'Don't they realize that I've been pregnant before? I know how to take care of myself!'

In truth, she knew that was unfair. She had never told Ril that part of her history, and there was no way Ulfgar could know. But the principle remained the same: she'd taken care of herself for thousands of years before meeting Orodreth, and now that she was pregnant everyone assumed she was an invalid.

So, she remained in a silent fuming state as Orodreth asked where the house was. 'Maybe I can talk to Ril later,' she thought, waiting for her friend to answer Orodreth's questions. 'She's been a woman among men for years. Maybe she has some ideas.'
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 04:24
Orodreth noticed Vana's mood change and he knew that Ulfgar had hit a sensitive point which triggered her off.To save the situation,he told Ulfgar "You don't need to worry about Vana,matey.She has given me a few surprises in the relatively short time we have been together and I bet she can give you some as well.She is tougher than you think."

He touched Vana's hands lightly,urging her to let go of her frustration.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:04
"Och did I say something wrong? I be ever so sorry if I did." he replied
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: September 11, 2004 10:16
Rilaisseth watched Vanalosswen for a moment, the glance that passed her eyes a bit puzzling to the ranger. However, she returned her own gaze back to Orodreth and smiled softly. “My home is in Adûnaphel, Orodreth Carnesir, it is not a large city, like Minas Tirith of course, but it is quiet and in a beautiful spot. We’ll have to ride through the city to get to my palace-mansion however, so you’ll be able to see it straight off,” she said. “Actually, the town is just a small bit of how much I’m actually looking over in my reign. Most of the different cities surrounding Adûnaphel aren’t really cities at all, they’re more like small communities. Anyway, the extent of my Stewardship is growing lately, more communities have begun to demand my attention…which is actually where Ewen is right now. To a northwest town that wishes for aid from Ewen’s guard,” Rilaisseth said looking in that particular direction.

She looked to Vanalosswen, once again searching her friend’s eyes with a quick glance. Something seemed odd about her sudden silence and her behavior. Rilaisseth grew worried that perhaps Vana had endangered the baby after all when giving her a bit of healing. Frowning slightly, she looked back ahead of her and calculated the time it would take to reach Adûnaphel at their current rate. “These are the ruins of the famed Fornost. We should reach my city in the next hour,” she turned to look at Vana, her husband and the Dwarf.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2004 08:13
Vana just nodded slightly at Orodreth and gently pulled her hands away from his reach, tangling her long fingers in Shadowmane's white mane. She didn't reply to Ulfgar, something that went against all her training in courtesy, but at the moment, she didn't care.

Looking straight ahead, Vana watched the ruins Ril spoke of. She could feel her friend's gaze but, again, ignored it. She suddenly felt very weary and wanted nothing more than a hot bath and a warm, comfortable bed. She wondered if the small amount of power she had given away had anything to do with this, but dismissed the thought as being too wearying to deal with at the moment. Instead, she focused on following Ril, who was leading the small party to Adûnaphel. Vana had heard much about the Stewerdess and her palace, but had never had the opprotunity to visit...here was her opprotunity, then.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2004 08:48
Orodreth just shrugged as Vana silently pulled away from his reach with a nod.He knew that this behaviour wasn't like her normal self and he realized that she really exhausted herself when she healed Ril.

He looked at Ulfgar and said "Don't worry about it matey,Vana is just very tired.You didn't say nothing wrong.I speak for all of us when I say that it will do us good to stay in Adûnaphel!"
He couldn't wait to get there,for Vana's condition really worried him.Yet he knew she wouldn't like if he watched her too closely,so he just looked ahead and said "Well,lady Rilaisseth
this place of yours sounds great.I like smaller places,although Iam born and raised in a city."

He kept talking to raise the mood in the group and occasionally cracked a joke talking with Ulfgar.The time passed and they reached Adûnaphel at the crack of dawn.
(OOC-Mac,you'll have to fill us in with details about this place.)
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 06:36
boredRilaisseth was silent through the rest of the trip to Adûnaphel; she knew Vanalosswen was hiding something from both her and Ulfgar, and the fact that her husband had tried to cover for her only made Ril more suspicious. However, Rilaisseth decided that if Vana wanted to tell her then she would. Sighing at that thought, she pulled the hood from her head and straightened her coronet. The Stewardess was expected to show herself, just as King Aragorn himself did when he rode through their town. The gates to the city soon loomed before them and Rilaisseth caught herself sighing in relief. She looked back at the three that followed her and smiled.

“I welcome you to my city and hope you find it to your liking,” she said and reigned in Avalê at the gates. The two guards at the top of the short gate-tower immediately opened the gates.

“Good morning, Lady Rilaisseth,” they both greeted. Rilaisseth looked up and smiled at them.

“Has the captain returned?” she asked of Ewen.

“No, miss, some of the guard was called to go to him however, so I suspect it will be a while,” one of the guards answered. Rilaisseth seemed to think for a moment before smiling once more.

“Thank you,” she nodded and proceeded through the gate. ((ooc: I’ll just give a little description of the way up to the castle mansion if you don’t mind))

The first part of the town was the poorest, but it was no less neat and clean, just how Rilaisseth wanted it to be kept at all times. The homes were small, but its market was rather large. There were vendors on either side of the road and Rilaisseth knew each one as each knew her. Vana, Orodreth and Ulfgar rode on either side of her for the road was large enough for at least four horses abreast; so the three horses they rode had plenty of room. “Don’t be tempted to buy anything, half of these vendors have prices for things that are highly over-priced,” she said on a lighter note. Many people milling around greeted the Stewardess and she returned with the like, now leading the other two again up the slight incline of the road.

The next part of town was separated from the other by a small stream with a rock-constructed bridge over it. Rilaisseth greeted even more people on the way, and finally looked back at Orodreth, Vana, and Ulfgar with a smile. “This is the more…wealthy part of town I suppose. Most of the land is more widespread and many families have small farms, as you can see in either direction,” she explained. She urged her horse into a full trot and hurried up a steeper incline to the open gate of the courtyard. She continued however, past the mansion and the stables a bit further away. She reigned in Avalê and dismounted, slowly and with a small wince of pain. A stable-boy rushed out and took her horse, to which Rilaisseth met with a smile. The others followed suit and Rilaisseth led them back to the mansion.

“Now, I welcome you to my home, and please, feel free to ask for whatever you need or desire,” she said before swinging the huge double doors open. A large, but elegant hallway welcomed them to the mansion of the Stewardess and her husband, the captain of the guard. She pointed to another room as they walked past. “That is the great hall, if you wish we could eat there tonight but I think the dining room might be more sufficient,” she said. She led them forward, down the hall and into the winding corridors. Her oldest and most loyal servant, Emmor, met them with both surprise and delight.

“My lady Rilaisseth,” he bowed slightly and nodded to the guests. “I am glad you have returned so soon and brought guests with you,” he said with a smile. Rilaisseth nodded and motioned to the three with her.

“This is Vanalosswen, Orodreth, and Ulfgar. Vanalosswen is a good friend, but I have only just met her companions. They’ll need two rooms, Emmor, and nice hot baths drawn right away,” Rilaisseth instructed. Emmor nodded curtly and smiled once more to the guests.

“I will see to it right away, Rilaisseth. But there is some paperwork and news awaiting you upstairs on your desk. It is most urgent, from Ewen,” he said quietly and quickly before rushing off. Rilaisseth sighed silently and turned back to the three with a quick-pasted on smile.

“If you’ll follow me, I’ll show you to your rooms. Remember, if you have need of anything don’t hesitate to ask. You’re here on my territory, as my guest, and I wish to show you a good time and much rest from the journey,” she said and motioned them to follow her. They stopped at one door and Rilaisseth motioned that it was Ulfgar’s room. Leaving him there, they walked a little further down the hall and stopped near the steps that led to Rilaisseth’s room. “I hope you find your room satisfactory,” she said hopefully, opening the door to the large guest room.

Finally, Rilaisseth smiled once more. “My room is up the steps next to this room, if you need me I’ll be up there. Otherwise you can find one of the servants around here anywhere. Oh and don’t feel like you have to stay in your room either, this mansion is so large that I’m sure you could find rooms that I haven’t seen,” she said in jest. She shut their door behind her and with a hand to her head, stepped up the stairs to her room, where, with a heavy sigh of weariness, she sat down in her office and began tending to paperwork.

((yipes! That post got long…sorry about that, but now you know lots about Adûnaphel Lol, anyway, this might be the longest post yet in this thread…not that it matters though Anyway, byeeee!))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 08:25
((OOC: cripes i vanish for a few days and look what happens ))

**Ulfgar ws left almost stunned he cast his eyes over the stonework, it wasn't to bad but nothing would compare to his home. He couldn't help but feel even smaller than he was in this place, he would get used to it eventually. He wandered into his room, said thank you to Ril and set about making himself comfy.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 05:38
Orodreth marvelled at the mansion both from the outside and inside,it took him by surprise.As they entered the large hall and walked up to their room,Orodreth cast a thankful glance at Rilaisseth and said "Its a wonderful room.Iam really grateful and lucky to be your guest,lady Rilaisseth.Vana has been here before,I bet,but to me its a whole new experience.And its a delightful one.This is actually the first time I stay in a Dúnedain mansion!" He then smiled and added:"Iam sure this room will be enough for us."

As Rilaisseth left,Orodreth looked at Vana.He knew now that he could show concern for her and father her,for they were alone."You must be awfully tired melethril.Iam tired too.Lets take a nap before we go downstairs again.I don't know when the lunch will be,but Iam sure we have a few hours before that."

He hugged her gently and they sat down on the bed,looking at eachother."How is the little one?Does everything feel allright?",he asked,touching her abdomen gently.

[Edited on 17/9/2004 by Perathion]

[Edited on 17/9/2004 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 08:03
Vana looked around the city as they rode through the gate. There was an odd...peace, for lack of a better word, that the elf had never associated with human cities. To her, human cities were places filled with chaos and fear. But this...!

They entered the palace behind Ril, and the sight frankly took Vana's breath. It wasn't as gracefully beautiful as Rivendell, but it was more real in one sense than Minas Tirith or Lothlorien. Anyway, it was wonderful, but her tired mind longed for the promise of a bed, held tantalizingly in front of her like a treat for a dog.

Ril showed them to their room, and Vana thanked her profusely. Orodreth led the way into the room and suggested a nap. That sounded better than food to her, to be honest. They sat down and Orodreth inquired after their child. Vana smiled wearily. "He is well, as far as I can tell without seeing him. I think all is well, melethron."

Her eyelids drooped wearily and she laid down, bracing an arm under her head. "But a nap sounds really nice," she murmured.
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 10:13
((Ok, I'm here now.))

Ethener walked down the street slowly, his horse beside him. He was a Ranger, and like most Rangers he had very little money. He had been staying in Adûnaphel for a few months now, boarding in different places every couple weeks. He had just left a family of farmers down on the poor side of town. They were poor and could not continue to provide for one other person. Now Ethener was searching for a new place to stay. It was difficult at times, trying to find somone who would take him in and working in the fields in exchange for a warm bed and a little bit of food.

He made his way up to the mansion slowly, not sure if anyone would take him. A servant answered the door. "Please sir," said Ethener. "May I please speak with the owner of this house?"

[Edited on 26/9/2004 by FaramirandEowynForever146]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 01:32
**Ulfgar was not really the sort to sit around for too long so he set off to take a look around the house and pass his dwarven eye over the stonework. It wasn't too long before he got himself hopelessly lost.**
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 09:17
The servant /almost/ laughed at the man, who seemed to be a ranger. "Sir, this is not just any house, this is the palace of the Stewardess. She's not too much inclined to taking people in off the streets," he told the man with a slight frown. The servant however did have pity on the man and allowed him to come in. "Sit here, sir," he pointed to the bench, "and I'll see if the lady would speak with you." The servant hurried away, up to Rilaisseth's door.

"Come in," Rilaisseth said softly as she heard the knock. The servant bowed.

"Some man, who seems Ranger-like, is asking for somewhere to stay and a nice meal...I told him you probably would not like to house him here...but, I thought I'd better come and ask." Rilaisseth looked up and sighed silently.

"Allow him in, and show him to a room. I'm not feeling well, so I probably won't be down for dinner tonight. Just see that all the guests get their meals," Rilaisseth said. The servant nodded and hurried off, leaving Rilaisseth to write a letter back to Ewen...assuring him that she was all right.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 01:42
Orodreth had been sleeping beside Vana for a few hours when someone knocked on the door. It was the servant of Rilaisseth. Orodreth yawned as he opened the door.

"I am sorry to disturb you sir, but the dinner is ready and will be served in fifteen minutes.", the servant said. Orodreth cast a glance at his wife and then said "Very well. I'm not sure if we can make it on time. My wife is very exhausted and it will take her a while to get ready." The servant bowed and said "Very well. I will let the staff know that you will be a little late. Unfortunately, her ladyship won't be able to join you." Then he added with a grin:" Your dwarvish friend has already taken his place. You better not be too late." Orodreth smiled and said "That is not surprising. We will try not to be too late. Thank you."

He closed the door and returned to bed, still feeling weary. Gently he shook Vana and as she slowly opened her eyes, he said :"The dinner is ready melethril. Have you slept well? Do you feel well enough to go down?"

[Edited on 6/10/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 06:08
**Ulfgar was still hopelessly lost and being too proud to ask for help he resorted to following his nose, hoping that he'd eventually end up in the right place...the dining hall. We he eventually turned up he was surprised to see that he was the first of the little travelling group to turn up. Now came the second problem...how to clamber up into one of those fine looking chairs without making a complete fool of himself. He was used to dwarf sized furniture and the open countryside, wilds ect.**

[Edited on 6/10/2004 by Elruwen]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 09:42
Vana had been sleeping hard and well when she felt her husband gently shaking her. Mumbling something that was not supposed to be understandable, she slowly opened her eyes. Orodreth asked, "The dinner is ready melethril. Have you slept well? Do you feel well enough to go down?"

Sitting up, Vana stretched like a cat before answering slowly, "I think I am, melethron." She lifted her head and sniffed, her eyes half closed. A slow grin spread over her face as she added, "And that food smells good enough to get up for."

Getting off the bed, she hunted her shoes up and put them on. That was all she needed to do to be ready. "Come on, melethron," she beckoned. "I am sure Ulfgar has already found his way there, and we do want to be able to eat something."
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 01:04
The servant was right when he said that it was not just any house, as Ethener soon found out. He stepped into a mansion much more refined than he was used to living in. The elegance of it all made him feel out of place, like a beggar in a king's palace. The more he walked through the seemingly endless passages, the more amazed he became. This must be the house of someone very important. Everyone else in this city farms.

Finally he arrived at his room. The servant seemed less than happy to show a poor traveler to such a lavish bedroom. Ethener entered, instantly shocked. Suddenly he became aware of just how dirty and grimy he was. "I should wash up." he muttered to himself. Over on one side of the room was a small table with a wash basin. He dipped a clean cloth into the water and wiped his face. Refreshed, Ethener decided to wander the halls. He eventually made his way down to the dining room, led by the wonderful aromas of food. Only one person was there: a dwarf. Ethener stiffled a chuckle as he watched the dwarf climbed up into the chair. Soon he heard others coming and sat down at the table, wondering what sort of guests were staying at the mansion.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 03:38
Orodreth put on his better garb on and took Vana's hand. Giggling along the way while talking about Ulfgar,the two reached the dining hall. But as they came there they saw a strange face belonging to a ranger. They both wondered what he was doing there and assumed he knew Rilaisseth and maybe was under her command.

Orodreth looked at Ulfgar, who judging by the look on his face had a hard time getting adjusted to sitting by a table like this.
Then he looked at the stranger again and said "Hello there. We are lady Rilaisseth's friends.My name is Orodreth, this is Vanalosswen my wife and that is our friend and travelling companion Ulfgar."

[Edited on 7/10/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 06:00
"Cunfounded chair be far too high fer dwarf folk. I be feelin' like a wee ankle nipper again, ma feet be far too far off tha ground than I be used ta." he muttered

**he perked up a little when his name was spoken**

"Aye? Did yea be sayin' something laddie?" He asked Orodreth
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 07:16
"Just introducing ye ol' matey.", Orodreth answered with a grin. "It is nice to get some company since the lady herself won't be joining us for dinner. Don't you agree melethril?", he added, looking at Vana.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 09:12
Laughing over something Orodreth said, Vana rounded the corner hand-in-hand with her husband...and paused. Before her was the dining hall. It was about what she had expected, given the rest of the palace that she'd seen. What she hadn't expected was the presence of an unfamiliar mind. Her eyes roamed the hall, passing Ulfgar, who appeared to be having trouble with his chair, and settling on the strange man.

He was dressed in the garb of a ranger. That, and the wary look on his face, told Vana plainly that he was, in fact, one of the Rangers. She didn't know him, but that was no great surprise; there were literally hundreds of rangers all over Middle-earth.

She smiled up at Orodreth as he asked her a question. "Yes, melethron," she said quietly, "I do agree. Dinner tables can be so quiet; having more people is a large bonus."
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 09:33
Ethener sat at the table silently, not knowing if he should speak to the dwarf. In good times he was readily converse with any new aquaintance, but the past few months had had an affect on him. He was weary, moving from place to place alone. Normally he enjoyed the traveling, but that too had become old. Two, maybe three months had passed since he first arrived in Adûnaphel, waiting for his companions. It seemed that they would never come now, and he would have to somehow find a way back 'home'. But for now, the mansion was the only place he could stay.

Soon a laughing couple came into the dining hall, holding hands. Ethener watched them enter, and even when he had set his gaze upon the table once more, he knew that one was observing him.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 01:50
**Ulfgar finnally managed to sort himself out and yes he could reach the table top quite comfortably, after all it was only the chair that was the problem.**

"So yea be knownin' who I and they be youngen, now who be yea?" he asked Ethener
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 05:50
It took several minutes for Rilaisseth to gain ground in her office. She was more than exhausted, but she had to clean up the mess on her desk. With one last signature and an embossed seal of her reign's sign on the envelope, Rilaisseth heaved a sigh and sat back. Last on her list was to read the letter from Ewen, then perhaps she could try to relax a little. She split open the envelope and began reading over the lines.

He told her that he didn't think that leaving home and going off traveling was wise, but he also said that he would not stop her. The rest of the letter was news about his business, and lastly he gave her his fondest love wishes; to which Rilaisseth smiled thoughtfully. She placed the letter back on the desk and stood up, feeling slightly more cheered than before.

Shutting the door that led into the bedroom, Rilaisseth went into the bathroom and started a hot bath. It was not half an hour later that she finally came out of the bath, feeling refreshed but still tired. She had told her servant that she would not come down for dinner, but as she smelled the aroma of the meal her stomach began growling. Deciding that it would be best if she joined her guests for dinner, she pulled on a dark puprle dress and once again, donned her coronet. She hurried down the stairs and reached the dining hall with a surprised glance toward the stranger.

It was at that moment that the Stewardess remembered he must be the ranger she had allowed to stay in the mansion. Smiling gracefully, she nodded her head to the others. "I decided it might be best to join you all for dinner, or I wouldn't be much of a host," she said in a joking manner.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 04:11
Orodreth was pleasantly surprised that Rilaisseth joined them. He nodded at her and smiled. "That sounds reasonable to me.We,and specially Vana, were quite disappointed thinking we had to dine without our hostess.", he said.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 11:40
Vana looked up from her food and turned in her chair as she felt the familiar presence of Ril coming toward them. When she entered, Vana greeted her with a smile and a quick appraising look. She looked better than she had on the road; refreshed and slightly more springly. Vana's healer heart was relieved to see this.

"Yes," she said, grinning at Orodreth as she turned back to her meal. "I was disappointed at the thought of entertaining ourselves. You look quite nice, mellon-nin; purple suits you."
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 05:47
Rilaisseth smiled at her guests, particularly at Vana who complimented her outfit. “I thank you, mellon, it is nice to be home,” she said softly. The dinner was brought out, and they began to eat, talking lightly over the meal. Rilaisseth was the very picture of the Stewardess that her city respected; quiet and calm as she had always been outside of travel. It was a nice change, for Rilaisseth did not often have friends at her dinner table. Often, dignitaries of different counties would sit at her table; but most every night, it was she and her husband.

As the meal continued and dessert was served, Rilaisseth had learned quite a bit about the stranger at the table. He seemed honorable enough by his words and his mannerisms. She listened to the conversation, with Vana’s husband doing most of the speaking. When Rilaisseth finished her sweet dessert, she excused herself with a smile. “I hope you all will have a good night’s rest. Remember, if you have need of anything at all, don’t hesitate to ask for it,” she added as her oldest servant pushed her chair in for her.

She tipped her head to Vanalosswen and smiled slightly, “If you’re not too tired, perhaps you could join me? I’m headed to the great hall for a moment, but we could take some tea in my room,” she left the invitation open, heading then out of the large room. The Great Hall was the largest room in the entire mansion, and perhaps the most elegant. The marble floors gleamed in the dim light, greeting its mistress as she made her way up the carpet in the middle of the room. She reached the dais and picked up the few sheets of papers that sat on the end table, before leaving the room again and going to her own.

She was beginning to feel tired again as she began readying for bed. She pulled on a silk, lilac nightdress, accompanied by a matching robe. Finally, she picked up the sheets of paper from downstairs and walked slowly to her study. Of course, the Stewardess was tired, but sometimes work could not wait…though Ewen would probably had said something about it by now. Rilaisseth grinned to herself as she sat back and stared out the window, missing her husband greatly.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 01:57
Vana's eyes lit up at Ril's invitation. She hadn't had a chance to sit down and really talk to her friend in years; she missed her and wanted to get caught up on everything. "I would be happy to join you, mellon," she replied before Ril left.

Vana finished the last bits of her dessert and rose as well, pushing her chair back with the backs of her knees. "Ulfgar, Ethener" she said, nodding at each of them respectively, "I bid you good night and restful sleep." She turned to her husband and switched to Elvish. "Melethron, I will be up visiting with Lady Rilaisseth. I will see you when I return to our rooms." Depositing a quick kiss on his forehead, she took her leave of everyone.

Before going up to Ril's room, Vana changed into the loose tunic and leggings she used for sleeping and released her tightly braided hair, allowing it fall down her shoulders and ripple in shining waves over her back. Combing it out with her fingers as she walked, the elf ascended the stairs to Ril's room.

Leaning against the door to muffle the sound--an old ranger's trick--Vana tapped her first two knuckles against the door twice.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 03:36
Ethener sat quietly at the table, speaking occasionally but wanting to listen to the others. It was good to be in the company of others again. For quite some time he had been on his own, and when he stayed in some kind farmer's house, the meals were short and frugal.

For the first time in months, his stomach felt full. He left the table soon after Vana and wandered through the seemingly endless hallway until he reached his room. There he found lying on the bed a tunic of clean blue linen. He made himself a mental note to thank the servant. After he was changed and washed, Ethener sunk beneath the covers of the first warm bed he had slept in for months.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 10:53
Orodreth smiled lovingly at Vana and nodded in acknowledgment as she planted a kiss on his forehead and left.
As the strange ranger also left soon thereafter, Orodreth and Ulfgar were left alone in the great hall.

Orodreth started talking. "So...what do you think of this guy? He seems like a decent sort to me. I have heard good things about those rangers. Who knows, maybe he will want to come with us to Forodwaith? We could use one other sword arm in our company...just in case. What do you say ol' matey?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:57
"Aye he be seemin' nice enough an' aye 'nother blade be better than just us. Hmmm I'd still be wary o' tha youngen ta start with though. Mysterious types them ranger folk ne'er did git a straight answer from any in tha past. Mebee thay just not be likin' dwarfs." he smiled

"We'd best be turnin' in ourselves soon laddie, what you be reconin' eh?"
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 04:38
Rilaisseth smiled as she heard Vana’s knock. How did she know it was Vana? Ranger’s think alike of course, and the knock was familiar. She stood and quietly padded out of the study and to the door, only to open it with a bright smile. “Come in,” she said gesturing inside. The Stewardess turned after shutting the door behind her friend and sighed happily. “I’m glad you could leave your husband for a while, I really hope it’s all right,” she said, almost apologetically. Vana assured her it was all right and Rilaisseth nodded.

“Then sit, sit, you’ve no need to stand all day,” she smirked and shooed Vana towards the two couches and chair of the living room. Ril almost sat down herself before standing straight again. “I’ll call to get some tea sent up,” she said and opened the door once more, disappearing for not more than a few seconds. She smiled again as she came back and sat down with another sigh.

“It’s been such a long time since I’ve seen any Elves; you’re a sight for sore eyes. I’d visit Elven kingdoms if I could more often, but…Ewen does not like Elves…nor their dwellings, and after my accident he doesn’t like me to travel anywhere,” Rilaisseth said. “Anyway, how’ve you been? It’s so good to finally talk to you alone,” she continued.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 07:26
Orodreth grinned at Ulfgar as he suggested they should retire to their rooms. "Tired already my friend? I thought you dwarves were party animals.", he said with a chuckle. "Well, I guess you're right. We've had a long day and need our rest. Tomorrow we set off for the final destination. It will be the toughest phase of our journey."

His voice sounded serious and a bit concerned. The fact that they knew nothing about the terrain up there and the dangers they might encounter was constantly in the back of his head, gnawing on his conscience. Yet he knew nothing could make Vana turn back. And the same could be said about Ulfgar. He wondered though if Rilaisseth felt the same way. He didn't expect of her to follow them further, it was all up to her.

With these thoughts laying latent in his mind, he bid Ulfgar goodnight and went up to their room. It took him a while before he slipped into the sound and smooth world of sleep.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email