Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: February 23, 2005 09:22
((argh, sorry hon...I meant Orodreth...but I was a little rushed that day and at the library no less being hounded by some old man who didn't know how to get to google *chuckles* anyway, I'll pay a little more attention this time...))

Rilaisseth ate sparingly. She wasn't really interested in food, she was more interested in the business of the day. Her list included signing some reports, reading over the mail, heading to town, and making sure the secret entrance to the old exit out of the city was cleared and able to traveled. She sighed once more before Vana leaned over and whispered in her ear.

Rilaisseth cursed herself mentally and allowed a practiced, diplomatic smile to her lips. "Of course," she answered. She kept her eyes avoiding Vana's; she knew Elves could see straight through her...unfortunately. She forced herself to act calm and stood to her feet. "Feel free to do whatever you wish, and eat what you like. I'm afraid I can't be with you all day. My duties are many today," she said apologetically and nodded her head in a semi-bow to them before hurrying off to the Great Hall.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:04
As Rilaisseth left, Orodreth started thinking about what they would do after the breakfast. He didn't know the land very well and surely a couple of elves wandering about would awake suspicion in these lands.

He also noticed a change in Rilaisseth's face. He wondered about just what she meant by "duties". As he was finishing his breakfast, he looked at Vana and said quietly "Rilaisseth sure looked troubled, don't you think?" Elves were very good at sensing these things and even when they didn't knew the person very well, they could tell when something was wrong.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 05:00
(OOC-C'mon Vana, quit your slumbering! We gotta keep this thread going. Lets hope Elruwen will be with us again soon...)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:57
((*shakes her finger at Perathion* You know better than that, mellon. I'm too much like Vana to be scolded out of hand))

Vana watched Ril go, a frown etching the space between her eyebrows. She registered Orodreth's comment and nodded slowly. She knew Ril better than her husband did; she could tell instantly that something was horribly wrong with her friend. She patted her mouth clean with her napkin and rose slowly. "I'll be right back, melethron," she murmured, resting her hands on Orodreth's shoulders. A smile touched her lips as she added, "I understand this building is amazing to explore; you could try that if you need something to do."

With that, she exited the dining hall and closed her eyes for an instant. This place was huge, and she had a tendency to get lost when she didn't know the area. It was easier to find Ril's mind and follow the mental trail everyone always left. Finding it, Vana followed it to the place that must have been the Great Hall. Ril sat at a desk on the far end, reading something.

Vana crossed the hall silently and perched on the edge of the desk, reading some of the paperwork upside down quickly. "Something's not all right," she commented, dispensing with the pleasentries easily. "What is it? And don't think you can lie to me again; I know you too well."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 03:02
(OOC-Oh great, I'm getting sidelined again!)

Orodreth nodded at Vana and as she was gone, he started thinking about what to do and where Ulfgar was. He looked at the ranger. He seemed like an honest sort to Orodreth and surely such people were always welcome to come along with them. But he didn't trust him enough yet, so he wasn't sure wether he'd ask him to join them.

Suddenly he said to the ranger:"How far north have you been?" Being a ranger, Orodreth assumed that the man had seen more of the unfamiliar terrain than Rilaisseth.

[Edited on 4/3/2005 by Perathion]
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 10:30
The food had been wonderful. It was most definitely better than the meals he usually ate while traveling. Unfortunately Ethener knew that he could not stay in this place for long. As he thought this over at the table, he was addressed by the elven fellow sitting nearby. "Truthfully, I believe the farthest north I have ever been is the North Downs, but that was a long time ago and I do not remember the way. It is not often that I come this far north."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 12:34
When he heard the ranger's response, Orodreth was disappointed. "North Downs?? That's only a stone's throw away from here! This guy won't be of any help then...", he said to himself.

After that, he politely bode farewell to the stranger and left to explore the mansion. Underway he thought about Rilaisseth and what was troubling her. He was more curious than usually and would've sneaked in to listen to the conversation between her and Vana, but he knew it would displease his spouse greatly and he wisely concluded that it was best to leave the close friends to themselves.

He also wondered what Ulfgar was doing. "He must have been up late last night!", he thought. He grew a bit concerned, so he started looking for his room. Soon he heard noises that indicated that his friend was there. He heard snoring.
Orodreth was surprised for he had never heard anyone snore before, so he gently opened the door and called out: "Ulfgar?? Is everything alright?" He got no response, but he could see on the dwarf's face that he was just in a heavy sleep. He then shook him and the dwarf nearly punched him in the face with his sudden and violent reaction. "I just wanted to say that it's almost noon, so if you want to get some breakfast you better hurry. I am going to take a stroll around the house and then I will be in my room. Vana has gone to see Rilaisseth. It looks like something is wrong with her. That's all. See ya!" With that, he turned and left the room while laughing to himself for he found the picture of a dwarf lying in bed and snoring loudly extremely amusing.
(OOC-Whew, this was perhaps my longest post!)

[Edited on 7/3/2005 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:59
**A dwarven fist collided with the side of Orodreth's jaw as he shook the dwarf.**

"GIT OFF ME! Aint yea elven folk got manners, yea ne'er lift a dwarf from his bunk. Aye yea can wake 'im but there be no need ta shake 'im ta death! Na if yea don't be mindin' laddie I be wantin ta sort maself out naw an' I be sorry fer hittin' yea. Din't realise it be yea."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:13
Orodreth tried hard, but couldn't suppress his laughter. "Alright matey, you go and sort yourself out, I just wanted to let you know it was almost mid day!", he said and then left Ulfgar's room giggling all the way.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 06:09
((okay, I'm here, late again...forgive me for moving))

Rilaisseth frowned at Vana, but turned her eyes towards the ground. "There is someone here whom I wish to avoid...that is all," she did tell the truth...well, most of it. She unrolled a scroll, if only to cover her face. Pretending to read, she thought over what she must do.

She had to travel into town. After all, it was her day to check on the merchants. Perhaps she could invite Vana along...no she wouldn't do that, the poor Elf was pregnant and if Ril got into any trouble; she didn't want that on her head as well. "I need to head into town," she finally said after the uncomfortable silence. "It is the day I usually visit the merchants in the poorer part of town. Merely because many are stubborn old men who do not do as I bid them," she grinned a little at Vana, shielding her mind against the Elf's all-seeing eyes.

"You could come if you want, though I wouldn't want you to overexert yourself. After all, you are supposed to be resting..."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:22
((You're forgiven, seler. ))

Vana arched an eyebrow at Ril's bowed head. Her friend wasn't telling her the whole truth; Vana could feel it in her friend's mental turmoil. She waited, knowing Ril hated awkward silences.

She was right. A moment later, Ril looked up and suggested that they go into town. Well, to be fair, Ril said that she needed to head into town, and Vana was welcome if she wanted. Vana shook her head ruefully. "A chance to get out into the open air with a friend?" she asked. "Lead the way!" She had caught the part about potential danger, though she was sure Ril hadn't meant for it to slip, and added, "I'll grab what I need from my room and meet you here in fifteen minutes. Agreed?"

At Ril's rueful nod, Vana headed for her room and grabbed her cloak and sword. The concern in Ril's mind was palatable; she had no desire to be caught off-guard, especially now that she was pregnant.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 12:52
((sorry again guys, but until I get a new laptop...hopefully in the next few days, I can't get online unless I get to the library! Thanks for bearing with me though))

Rilaisseth looked after Vana as she hurried out of the large room and finally sighed. Maybe she should just learn to keep her mouth shut... Oh well, a companion would be nice, especially considering she was starting to miss her husband. She hurried back to her own room, grabbing an elegant overcoat that matched her dress, and a small dagger that easily hidden behind her back. Better safe than sorry, in her opinion.

She stepped down the stairs and came to the door of the great hall, finding Vana waiting for her. "Just had to grab my coat...and other things," she grinned rather smugly and patted the lump in her back. Vana smiled her own teethy smile and shook her finger.

"I didn't think the Stewardess was allowed to carry weapons?" she questioned softly, but a laugh was clearly shining in her eyes.

"And who would stop me? Only when Ewen accompanies me do I not carry a weapon," she smiled. "Shall we be on our way?" she opened the massive front door and allowed Vana to exit then followed her. "At least it's not too cold," Rilaisseth made conversation as her eyes darted around the surroundings.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 09:41
**Ulfgar finally sorted himself out and deciding that he wouldn't need his armor left it in his room. A dwarf trudging around the place without his armor is a rare site indeed! Following his nose he managed to find the dinning hall and manage to get together something that would suffice as a breakfast come elevensies, after all lunch wasn't exactly far off.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 03:32
Vana swung her cloak about her slender shoulders as the two women walked out of the palace. Really, she just wore the cloak to hide her sword when needed; the air outside was a little nippy, but not bad for her.

"I wouldn't know it even if it was 'too cold' for you, Ril," she replied, pausing outside the door to allow Ril to walk beside her. The Stewardess wasn't fooling her friend; Vana knew something was wrong and Ril was afraid. 'So much the better that I did come,' she thought as the two women headed down the streets. She shifted her sword so that the hilt was under her hand, easy to pull out should trouble threaten.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 02:17
As Orodreth entered their room, he saw that Vana was gone. Glancing out of the window, his eyes spotted her walking with Rilaisseth. He felt a slight relief inside, for he was worried for Rilaisseth and knew that having Vana there would do her good.

"What shall I do then?", he said half aloud to himself. He went out and wandered through the corridors before he spotted Ulfgar. "'Afternoon matey. I see you are up and about. Have you fed your appetite yet? In that case we could get out and explore this place, for my spouse has just gone to town with the stewardess and I have nothing to do.", he said cheerfully.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 06:22
Rilaisseth looked at Vana in silent thought. Her racing heart was slowing down; she was the Stewardess, a Ranger, she would not be afraid. Sighing heavily, she turned down a wide street where merchants, despite the cold, sat selling their wares.

"Hail the Stewardess!" one of them shouted and many echoed. Rilaisseth waved her hand to quiet them, which was done so immediately. Looking around in caution, Rilaisseth continued on her way, greeting each merchant by name and being briefed on their business. Her eyes would drift to dark doorways and alleys, from which she would shoo away. She would also glance at Vana, making sure the stubborn Elf was not overly bored - even Ewen disliked coming with her on these trips, and while many in the higher offices saw no need for her trips Rilaisseth always made time for them.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 09:26
"Aye, I'm fed and watered laddie. Naw what yea be 'aving in mind exactly then? This be a mighty big 'ouse." he laughed "Lead tha way."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 08:18
Orodreth smiled at his comrade warmly and said "Well, we might take a trip outside to see the garden and get a good view of the mansion's surroundings. How does that sound my friend?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:54
"Aye it be soundin' good ta me laddie. Providing none o' yea big folk start a trippin' o'er short wee mee." he laughed "Yea lead the way laddie. Where yea have in mind fer us ta go first eh?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 09:12
Perathion giggled at Ulfgar and said "You needn't worry about the big folk, those who walk around the mansion are all guards and gardeners and they pay attention to where they set their feet!". Then he said "Well, we might start anywhere. Let's just go outside and then we'll see where we will go."

They went out and looked around. The mansion was indeed as lovely from the outside as from the inside and had a large, beautiful garden. "Well, what do you think of that? I don't know if you dwarves like flowers and plants, but you must admit it is lovely.", Perathion said as they strolled around the garden. There weren't many people there, except for one who looked like a gardener and a couple guards. They were obviously informed of the elf's and the dwarf's arrival for they didn't seem very suspicious or surprised.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 05:36
Far from being bored, Vana was fascinated by the informal tour Ril was leading her on. She always made time, when she was in a new city, to study the defenses and layout of the general town. Part of this was to be blamed on the double paranoia instilled from being both a ranger and a princess; as both, she'd had people attack her from ambush. But the rest of it was the pure love of knowledge that she gained about a new place and its history. She also liked listening to the updates from each vendor as they passed.

She didn't miss her friend's anxiety, though she was glad to see her relax a bit as time passed. Vana herself remained on her guard, never letting her hand stray too far from her sword's hilt. She was friendly, however, to everyone she and Ril met. There was no reason to allow rumors about the unfriendly guest of the Stewardess to flood out.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 11:41
Rilaisseth sighed as they reached the end of the vendor street. With all tasks done, Rilaisseth was rather hungry and guessed that perhaps Vana, though an Elf might be too...especially with the extra little one she carried inside. "Would you care for a lunch stop? I'm starting to be rather hungry," Rilaisseth smiled at her friend. Vana nodded her acceptance and Ril led her in the direction of the more wealthy part of town.

Lunch was quick but good, and soon the two were heading back to the palace-mansion. Rilaisseth's head jerked sideways to an alleyway and she narrowed her eyes. 'He' was here...the rumors had been true, and he was after her...if they didn't get away now, he would catch up to them. Rilaisseth suddenly rushed Vana down the street and up the hill to the castle-mansion. When Vana gave her an odd and confused look Rilaisseth answered, "It's getting a little colder, we should hurry home before you catch a chill." But her words slipped...she knew Elves did not get sick...but right now, she just wanted to get away.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 11:58
"Well yea don't be havin' flowering plants, an' green plants like these 'ere in dwarven cities bu' I be startin' ta appriciate them, they be lookin' and smellin' finer than the durned fungi that be growin' in tha tunnnels." he laughed "And tha 'ouse is a mighty fine piece o craftsmanship bu' it not be as fine as dwarf built 'omes."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 02:22
Orodreth nodded with a grin and said:"Yeah,not bad for a human piece of architecture!" After admiring the mansion and the garden for a while, he then said "Shall we go on with our sightseeing matey?" Ulfgar said yes and they started walking towards the city.

As they walked, Orodreth started talking:"Remember what I mentioned to you earlier today, while you were in bed?Well,it seems that our hostess is troubled by something or somebody. She looked distraught when we met her at the breakfast table. I wonder what's troubling her...and I hope it won't affect our journey."

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 04:21
Vana allowed Ril to drag her, but only until they were a short distance up the hill to the castle. Once she judged they were far enough away from the town, the elven ranger dug her heels in and stopped their forward progress with a jerk. When Ril turned to look at her, Vana saw the panic that her friend was trying valiantly to hide.

"What is wrong, Ril?" Vana asked, gripping Ril's wrist firmly in her long hand. "You cannot fool me with your concern for my well-being. You fear something...or someone, perhaps? Who is it? We'll face them together."
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 10:55
Rilaisseth stood stock still for what seemed like hours. Time was pressing, and Vana did not understand. Then again, why would she? The poor she-Elf was completely in the dark. Ril raised her eyes to gauge the Elf before her and finally, with a sigh and a slight shove… “You remember Garavon?” she asked quietly as they walked; apparently Vana would walk only if she explained herself.

The Elf nodded silently; she remembered the man from those few years ago in Tarnost – how could she forget? Rilaisseth continued, “Once Ewen and I married, things only got worst. Garavon has wanted me more than ever… I put a ban on him over a year ago that he could never return to Adûnaphel, but apparently he did not take me seriously.” Taking a quick look behind them, Rilaisseth sighed. “He must have heard that Ewen is out of town for a while, otherwise he wouldn’t be back. Ewen and his trusted patrols always keep watch when I’m on my errands in town. We must leave at first light tomorrow, to which I hope Orodreth agrees…when I’m leagues away I will be at ease.”

The Stewardess looked to Vana apologetically, “I’m sorry to drag you away from the little excursion, but I feel safer inside the castle-mansion…I hope you understand,” she said as they reached the large doors that led inside.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 07:47
**Ulfgar shrugged**

"Aye, I vaguely remember, an I 'ave not seen 'er taday, so 'ow am I supposed ta be knowin' if it'll be affectin' our onward journey? I be hopin' it don't bu' who is ta be sayin' what be lyin' in store fer us all?" he sighed
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 09:35
Orodreth was now getting concerned for real, but tried not to let it take over completely. He just sighed and said "Well, we just have to hope for the best my friend...whatever happens, I can say that I am glad that we met. And so is Vana, I am sure." Saying that, he smiled at his companion, trying to chase the worrying thoughts away.

[Edited on 19/4/2005 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 12:14
Now that she knew a bit more, Vana felt both more at ease and on edge. So, Garavon was back, was he? This was news and a half. Now that she thought about it, she had recognized a mind in the market, but only in passing and she couldn't place it. Now...

"Don't worry about the excersion," she said, entering the gates with Ril. "I'd rather have you feel safe." She fingered her sword hilt. More than anything, she'd like to draw her sword and run Garavon through. She couldn't imagine why Ewen, who she always remembered as being protective to the point of smothering, hadn't done so sooner. Garavon was obviously a threat to the mental well-being of the Stewardess.

Out of the corner of her eye, Vana saw movement and turned inside the gate, her hand ready on her sword. She relaxed as she saw that it was Orodreth and Ulfgar, heading down towards the city. "Ril, you stay here," she said. "I need to collect my husband and our dwarven friend. We will be back shortly to discuss plans." She squeezed Ril's hand. "I won't say a word about Garavon," she added quietly.

Ril nodded, though she seemed reluctant to let Vana go by herself. Vana flashed her a reassuring smile and began running after her husband. "Orodreth!" she called, nearly on top of him. "Melethron!" She grabbed his shoulders and swung to a stop, her smile glittering in the sun. "Ril needs to talk to us about something pertaining to our journey. Come!" She lifted herself on tiptoe and kissed him quickly before grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the castle.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 02:24
Orodreth was taken by surprise when Vana suddenly appeared before him. She looked lovelier than ever as she stood there in the sunshine with a smile on her face. He could hardly keep himself from grabbing her and making love to her there in front of everybody. "Rilaisseth,huh?Well, you got my attention melethril! Not that you needed to say anything to get my attention.", he said with an affectionate smile. "Let's go then."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 10:45
**Uflgar let out a long sigh**

"An' once again tha dwarf be fergotten about." he said more to himself than anyone else

**He followed on behind the elven couple, as fast as his sout legs could carry him**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 05:58
(OOC-Do you guys realize that noone has posted here in OVER A MONTH!?!:cry: Macilie, if you are there, get on with it will you!)
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 01:13
((OOC: I know, and in about a month's time I go off to sea again. For six months!))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:25
(OOC-I have decided to put this thread on hold, since Vana and Macilie are not interested to carry on right now. So, we will take a break and see how it goes.Let's chill for a while,ok?:cool
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 11:41
((OOC: sounds good to me, just remember to whack up a keep or save in the thread title so it doesn't get deleted. See you in the archer threads ))
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email