Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: May 25, 2004 06:04
"Aye, I'll help yea laddie. Now what sorts would yea be wantin' me ta look fer eh?"

**he pulled himself to his feet and brushed the dirt and grass off himself.**

[Edited on 25/5/2004 by Elruwen]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 10:37
Vana remained seated casually by the fire, her eyes glittering with amusement in the firelight. "Of course I can cook vegetables, Orodreth," she replied. "Easiest thing in the world. Now go on and find me something to cook...unless you like empty bellies?" She grinned and reclined against a handy rock, crossing her legs.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 06:58
"It would be tempting,because I could go on without food,but Iam not sure you could!",Orodreth replied teasingly.Then he turned to Ulfgar and said "I don't know matey,lets just take what we find.I hope there is something to find around here..."

With that they wandered off through the fields.There was a forest on the edge of the field,and beyond it started the rolling Evendim Hills."There should be mushrooms around here.They are often plentiful in forested areas.",Orodreth said to Ulfgar.As they came closer to the forest,they spotted some mushrooms."Oh good!We are lucky.This should be enough for a nice supper.",he said pleased and started picking them."Hope none of them are poisonous...Ulfgar,I suppose you don't know much about mushrooms,so don't try to taste any of them before I see and inspect them all!",he ordered.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 08:21
"O' course I be knowin' 'bout ruddy mushrooms laddie!" he replied indignantly "Yea be findin' many sorts underground, they not be necessarily tha same lookin' as up 'ere but there be 'undreds o' them both poisonous and naught."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 01:44
Orodreth chuckled at Ulfgar's response,which almost sounded like he was insulted by Orodreth's notion that he never saw mushrooms before."Very well then my friend.It saves me time inspecting them all!"

After they had gathered enough,and singled out the ruddy ones,they put them all in a bag that Orodreth brought along and then started to search for some more vegetables."What do you think matey,are there any more vegetables to be found here?Perhaps some wild artichokes and such stuff?",he asked.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:22
"Hmmm if yea be lucky yea might be findin' wild onion type bulbs. They be a wee bit on tha scrawny side but they do add taste to stews, broths and tha like."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 07:40
**They searched through the area and found some wild onions and carrots and some artichokes.Pleased with their "catch",the duo soon returned to their campsite**

"Here meleth nin.We were lucky enough to find enough vegetables for us to fill our stomachs with." He almost threw the bag before Vana's feet.He waited for her reaction with a smile on his face.He didn't know what kind of vegetables she liked,but he figured since she lived like a ranger for a long time,she would be accustomed to that type of food.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 10:08
Vana snickered as she picked up the bag and poked through the contents. "Good thing I still have some dried meat, eh?" she asked, dumping the contents of the 'hunting' bag onto her lap. "I think these would go perfectly with dried venison..." her voice trailed off as she reached into her supply bag and came out with a handful of dried meat. "It'll just be a few moments, gentlebeings," she finished with a smile.

And she was true to her word. Really, all that she needed to do was spice the meat and cook the vegetables, and that wasn't hard. Perhaps ten minutes later, she called, "Dinner is served!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 11:41
"And it be smellin' mighty fine." Ulfgar grinned "An' I be bettin it tastes as good, nay, better than it smells."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 09:22
(OOC-Back at last!Sorry everyone,I couldn't get on for days but thankfully now I found the problem and we can continue with full speed!)

Orodreth smiled at Ulfgar's comment and said "Aye,you'll never long for Green Dragon Inn after you've tasted my wife's food!"
They both sat with anticipation waiting for the dinner to be ready,the smell teasing their senses.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 02:40
"Aye perhaps but I still be preferin' me ma's cookin'." he laughed "And aye yea probably would be sayin' tha same 'bout yours. I be right in thinkin' that?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 04:55
"Well, whatever either of you think of your mother's cooking, my cooking is finished," Vana smiled, wondering how her mother had cooked. Vana had never known her mother; she had died giving birth to the blonde princess.

Carefully, she served the food on stiff pieces of bark, ignoring the tingling that spread from her fingers. "Eat up, gentlebeings," she urged gently.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 12:06
"Aye, I don't need tellin'." He laughed

**He was then rather quiet until he'd finished off his meal.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 02:14
"Thank you melethril.",Orodreth responded happily."I don't know whose cooking I prefer,but I am more accustomed to my mother's cooking,thats true.Yet my mother won't be there forever...and then I will be perfectly happy with Vana as cook."

He looked at Vana and smiled,thinking how well she got into her part of homemaker after nearly a whole life in the wild and drifting around.Then he started thinking about Ulfgar.Why was he so far from home?What drove him away from his mountains and made a wanderer of him?He must have been different from the others in some way that made it difficult for him to live among his people,Orodreth thought.He wanted to find out,but there would be enough time for that,so he didn't want to bother Ulfgar with questions now,fearing he might get uncomfortable and leave them.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 04:11
(OOC-Erm,can someone post here soon?Vana,I think its your turn.)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 02:00
((Sorry about that...I hadn't noticed this one needed updating.))

Vana smiled brightly at her husband as she ate heartily, cleaning her portion up with relish. For a moment, she wondered at her unusual appitite, before she remembered that she was eating for two now.

Setting her dish aside, Vana leaned back against her rock and stretched her legs out, sighing with contentment. "That was good," she remarked aloud. "I never would have supposed that I could do that with dried supplies. Or perhaps hunger is just being the best sauce."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 11:39
"Please be fergivin' me fer being a wee bit rude but if thar be any left o'ers can I eat 'em?" Ulfgar asked
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 11:46
Orodreth laughed at Ulfgar's question.He was surprised to see such a polite dwarf."By all means.Iam full.",he said and touched his stomach,feeling content with the meal."Melethril,you have surpassed yourself once again!",he told Vana and put his arm around her gently."Now is the time to think of making our bedding.Am I right?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 01:06
**Ulfgar set about serving himself seconds.**

"Thank yea. Speakin o' beddin, thar be nay need ta worry 'bout me. I be needin' none but ma thick dwaven 'ide an' a few fair sized stones."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 05:42
Vana laughed softly at Ulfgar's comment as she rose to her feet. "I believe you are right, melethron," she said in her soft voice. "I will see to it." Pressing a kiss to his forehead, Vana headed to the horses and unstrapped the bedrolls strapped to both Vana's own horse Shadowmane and Orodreth's proud stallion.

Carrying the bedrolls, Vana sought for a sheltered place to set up the bed for herself and Orodreth. After a few moments, she found a perfect spot: a small hollow encircled by rock and cushioned by grass. Smiling her satisfaction, the blonde elf woman spread the first bedroll as cushioning and covered it with the second as a blanket.

Walking back to where Orodreth and Ulfgar still sat, Vana smiled as she felt her son kick firmly. "Hello, little one," she murmured. "You're going to grow up big and strong like your ada...someone the world can be proud of. But to me, you'll always be my little one."

Reaching Orodreth, Vana gently touched his shoulder. "Our bed is ready, melethron," she said quietly. "Are you ready for rest?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 08:07
Glancing over his shoulder,Orodreth smiled at Vana lovingly and said "I believe I am melethril.He took her hand and kissed it.Then he turned to Ulfgar:"Well,if you don't mind it matey,we are off to bed.Sweet dreams!"

They laid down together,his hands wrapped around her,and drifted into sleep fairly quickly.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 03:54
(OOC-Come on people,lets get this thread going!If you're on summer break,you still don't have to sit idle!)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 03:14
Vana bid Ulfgar good night and, clasping Orodreth's hand in her own, headed for their bed. She curled up in his warm embrace and fell asleep within moments, assured by his love.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 02:57
**Ulfgar propped himself up against a rock and soon dozed off, snoring relatively loudly.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 10:19
The dawn came and shed its bright light on our heroes as they slept,Vana and Orodreth holding on to eachother tight and Ulfgar leaned against a rock and snoring loudly enough to wake half the Shire.Perathion awoke first,as usual and his eyes were pleased to see that a fine day was awaiting them,at least so the dawn promised.He got up quietly,letting Vana sleep a little bit more,and went to make some coffee for them all.He knew they would need a good amount of it to wake the good dwarf up and keep him awake.

[Edited on 19/7/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:40
**Ulfgar slumbered on regardless not even the facts that the suns rays were falling over his face and that it was time to get up managed to penetrated into his subconscious mind. Perhaps the smell of breakfast would rouse him, who knows, dwarfs can be odd at times.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 04:26
Vana woke to the smell of coffee and the warmth of the sun shining on her face. She smiled lazily as she let her eyes focus. Orodreth's back was to her as he brewed something that smelled much like coffee over the fire.

Silently, she slipped out of the bedrolls and slipped her arms around his waist. "Wifely tasks, m'love?" she asked, her tone teasing.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 05:16
Orodreth smiled at Vana's teasing comment."Well,what can I do when my wife is a sleepyhead!",he replied with a chuckle and turned his head to kiss her.Then he cast a glance at their sleeping companion.He seemed to be in deep sleep.He motioned at Ulfgar and said to Vana "I think coffee alone won't do the trick with him.Maybe you should cook up some breakfast,eh melethril?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 07:25
Vana chuckled and kissed her husband lightly before moving to the other side of the fire, grabbing the food knapsack on the way. From that bag, she pulled the ingredients for porridge and began mixing, humming to herself.

The hum turned into a softly sung song. It was an old song of Mirkwood, one Vana had grown up singing. It was about the delight of seeing the sun on the green leaves of spring, and was really a nonsense song...but it was a fun nonsense song!
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 11:06
**The smell of the cooking eventually brought the brawny little dwarf out of his slumber and back to reality. He sat up making a loud clunk, he was the sort that could sleep on and in anything including his pretty hefty suit of armour.**

"Be I right in thinkin' breakfast be on tha boil?" he yawned
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 01:10
(OOC-Vana can't get on COE right now,so we must be patient and wait till her problem is solved.)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 09:29
((Ok, problem fixed...at last!))

Vana looked up with a smile as she heard Ulfgar's armor clanking together. Dwarves, it appeared, could sleep anywhere and in anything, including the worst of weather and the loudest noises.

"You would be quite right in thinking that," Vana replied, poking the tip of her tongue out of the corner of her mouth as she continued working on the porridge. "Melethron, could you hand me the dried grapes, please?" she added, stirring the liquid. "This is just about ready."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 02:57
(OOC-Thank goodness!)

Orodreth reached his hand into the bag and found the grapes.
"You use grapes in porridge?",he asked in wonder."I've never seen nana do it." Turning to Ulfgar,he said with a smile:"Morning ol'matey!Slept well?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 03:36
"Everyone has their own ways of making porridge, laddy-me-love," Vana replied, adding a double handful of dried grapes (also known as raisins) to the mix and stirring them in. "Ulfgar, come join us," she called, pulling the pot off the make-shift stove.

Leaving the porridge to cool, Vana rooted through the bag until she found the bowls she had packed. Very few things could replace a well-made bowl, in her opinion, and she had ensured that four were in there. Carefully, she ladled the hot mixture into the bowls and sprinkled brown sugar over them. "Here you are, gentlemen," she smiled, handing the bowls to Ulfgar and Orodreth.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 07:29
"Thank you my sweetheart.",Orodreth said lovingly as he accepted the bowl of porridge.As he started eating,he could tell this was one of Vana's specialties.He never had it with grapes before,but now he found out it tasted even better with them."Oh,this is so good!You've outdone yourself once again melethril!",he said as he was finishing his portion,a pleased smile showing on his face.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email