Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: March 13, 2004 02:07
"I see, mayhap tha locals know a little. I'll be askin' 'em when I return from this little adventure. If it be tha best then I must be paying it a visit at some point."

**he turned his attention to Vana**

"Lassie, do yea know anything 'bout the armoury?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 08:37
Vana frowned faintly as she searched her memory. At last, she said quietly, "I know little of the armoury. I have been there only once; twas there that I bought my sword."

Vana unstrapped the weapon from her waist and held it up for inspection. The hilt was rather simple looking...save for a spiral of mithril set carefully about the pommel with a blue stone in the center. Vana had had that specially set on the sword, and it marked the sword as hers. The sword itself was light, stong steel, the best money could buy, and it held the sharpening well.

Holding the sword easily in her right hand, the elf offered it to the dwarf.

[Edited on 3/15/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 01:18
**He took the sword from her carefully and cast his eye over the blade.**

"'Tis a mighty fine peice o' metal workin' yea have there lassie. Aye I must be payin' this armoury a visit at some point in thar future."

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 04:39
Orodreth enjoyed looking at Vana's sword,for it was seldom she showed it.Back home she didn't have much reason nor occasion to."You should see the arrows my brother got.But I take it you are not much interested in that." he told Ulfgar."They can make you gold ones or silver ones.They can make you anything!"

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 01:05
"Nay, I be too damn short to use even a shortbow so I stick to me axe." he laughed "'Ere lassie thank yea fer lettin' me look at yaw blade.

**He handed the blade back to Vana**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 08:39
Vana accepted her blade back with a small bow of her head. Standing, she spun the blade expertly and resheathed it with a flourish. Several hobbits, who had been pretending not to watch with avid interest, applauded.

Vana laughed and made a theatrical bow to the entire room before she reseated herself.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 03:41
Orodreth grinned as Vana performed her trick and got a warm applause for it."Thats my wife folks!",he said and giggled.Then the barmaid came carrying a large plate with roast lamb and fried potatoes to come with.Orodreth delighted in the sight,it was truly a treat after two days of small and compared to this one,modest meals."Mm,this smells wonderful!Don't you think so meleth?" he said to Vana smiling.

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 11:50
"A little less natter and a little more eating yew two. Can't be letting yea food get cold now can yea?" he laughed
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 10:36
Vana, laughing, agreed with both Orodreth and Ulfgar. "Delicious indeed, meleth," she said, drawing her dagger and cutting a bite-sized portion. "But food gets cold all too easily; let's eat before it is cold!"

The two tucked into their food avidly as the inn settled into the quieter pattern of later night. Vana, chewing a mouthful, noted that many hobbits were staggering home, full of good drink, food and tales. She had a feeling that, come morning, the worthies of the Shire would be discussing the three odd visitors for weeks, perhaps even months, to come.

Finishing her meal, Vana leaned back in her chair with a contented sigh. "I am going to get us a room, meleth," she told Orodreth, standing up. "I'm tired, and if we are to be on the road tomorrow, I will need my sleep." Bowing to Ulfgar slightly, Vana continued, "A pleasure to meet you, Ulfgar, and I look forward to traveling with you."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 11:10
Orodreth nodded at Vana's words."Indeed,I feel a bit tired already.I'll join you soon.",he said and smiled,thinking this was their first night they spent in an inn together.

As he filled his stomach and drank up his ale,Orodreth pushed the plate from him and said."Well Ulfgar,this has sure been a night to remember.Iam glad our paths crossed.We have a lot to look forward to,but before that,we both need some sleep and rest.I bid you goodnight!" With that,he rose from the table and raised his hand as a final salute before he went to their room.

Coming in,he was surprised at the comfortability of the hobbit rooms,however modest compared to the elven.Vana was already in bed and she opened her sleepy eyes to look at him before she closed them again.Orodreth smiled at her lovingly."It looks like you are tired allright.This is nicer than I thought.I trust you like the room too."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 05:14
Vana *was* very tired. It had been sometime since she'd traveled, and travelling pregnant didn't help much. She'd gone to the innkeeper, paid for a room, and managed to stumble up the stairs, feeling incredibly clumsy and fat, though she guessed that was just hormones.

Opening the door, Vana left it ajar so Orodreth could get in after she'd changed into her sleep tunic and leggings. She realized just how tired she was when she climbed into bed and closed her eyes to go to sleep. Elves normally only close their eyes when they are exhausted, wounded or dead. Vana knew she wasn't wounded or dead, so she guessed it to be exhaustion.

Orodreth came in a few moments later, and Vana pulled open tired eyes as he entered. Smiling, she closed them again, knowing she was safe."It looks like you are tired all right. This is nicer than I thought. I trust you like the room too." Orodreth said, smiling lovingly down at her.

Vana didn't bother prying her eyes open again. "It is better than I expected, meleth," she murmured, her words slurring slightly. "The bed is very comfortable. Come and find out." She managed to scoot over a bit so there was room behind her for her husband to lie down.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 11:10
"Aye, an yea to lassie. Sleep well" he said as she wandered off

"G'dnight ta yea to laddie, I'll be seeing yea on tha morrow."

**meanwhile back downstairs, Ulfgar had offered to help with the tidying and washing up. Once that was done he settled down in a large comfortable chair infront of the fire and dozed off. Due to the lack of rooms that catered for dwarf sized customers Ulfgar had to sleep downstairs...or outside but no one really had the heart or the courage to kick him out.**

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by maeghin]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 09:38
Orodreth laid down beside Vana and buried his face in her hair.He fell asleep shortly thereafter,dreaming about the distant lands he had never been to before.Suddenly a huge white thing appeared out of nowhere and roared.Orodreth awoke in panic before he realised he was safe beside Vana again.He breathed out in relief."What kind of monster was that?!",he asked himself.After a while he dismissed it all."Whats the matter with you,it was just a dream!"

[Edited on 26/3/2004 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 05:24
Vana opened her eyes sleepily as Orodreth jerked awake behind her. Turning in his warm embrace, she asked drowsily, "What is it, meleth? Are you all right?" Her fingers traced his face as he caught his breath.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 03:47
Orodreth smiled wearily at Vana,then took her hand and put it against his face."Iam fine meleth nin.I just had a bad dream.",he said.He pulled her closer and touched her stomach."And you,does the little warrior allow you to sleep peacefully?" he asked with a loving smile.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 10:31
Vana smiled back at him, her hand moving down to cover his hand on her belly. "He's going to be a strong one, meleth," she said, smiling ruefully. "He kicks pretty hard, but he lets me have a break once in a while. Travelling must have worn him out too; he hardly even moved."

Turning her head, Vana glanced out the window. The stars were still shining brightly outside and the moon's position indicated that it was about two hours after midnight. "Go back to sleep, meleth," she yawned, resting her head against his chest. "It's still several hours before we have to be awake."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 11:12
"Allright." Orodreth answered with a smile and kissed the top of her head before he closed his eyes and slowly sank into solid sleep.

Next morning Orodreth woke later than he planned due to getting less sleep than he thought he would.When he stood up he saw Vana was already dressed and was just waiting for him to get up.He hugged her and planted a kiss on her lips."Morning meleth.Slept well?" He got dressed in a hurry and together with Vana left their room to find Ulfgar,their new companion.He looked at Vana underway and smiled saying "I have a feeling this is going to be an unforgettable journey!"
Only the nightmare he had gave him worries about its outcome.Yet he forced himself to get it off his mind.

They saw Ulfgar sitting by his favourite table and have breakfast.As he saw him,Orodreth immidiately forgot all his worries and smiled cheerfully."Morning me matey!",he said immitating Ulfgar's way of talking."Glad to see you are up in time."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 11:55
Vana woke with the sun shining in her eyes. Blinking, she squinted out the open window and scowled at the sun. Muttering Dwarvish curses, she carefully slid out of Orodreth's warm embrace and got dressed, the baby lazily kicking as she did so.

Once she was dressed, she decided to wait for Orodreth to wake up before she went for breakfast, though her stomach was reminding her that she was feeding two now, not just herself.

Luckily for her, Orodreth woke up shortly after she did, got dressed and the couple headed for the dining room. Vana saw Ulfgar sitting at the table the elves had joined him at yesterday and a smile lit her face. The dwarf, though he was strange and not of Vana's race, seemed like a decent person to be around.

Orodreth led out the conversation, saying, "Morning me matey! Glad to see you are up in time."

Vana burst out laughing. Hearing the dwarf's rough speech on Orodreth's tongue was surreal and hilarious. "Meleth," she finally managed to gasp, "The accent doesn't suit you."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 05:36
"G'mornin' t' yea laddie." he chortled "And the young lass be right. Me accent don't be suitin' yea. Come pull up a chair an' join me. Tha cooked breakfast be mighty fine. Dilly dally too long an' it be lunch before yea can say Khazadum."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 07:03
"Very well." grinned Orodreth and sat down."Mm,that smells good.Fried bacon?",he asked Ulfgar.At his nod,he looked at Vana and said "Shall we have the same?Or do you think its unhealthy for you now that you are..." He leaned his head on the side teasingly.He knew Vana liked crisp bacon."And maybe some pastries??",he added.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 02:22
Vana laughed/gasped at Orodreth's teasing. "Oh, meleth, for shame! You know I love bacon! I doubt the little one will object to such a wonderful dish either, and...pastries sound lovely," she ended lamely as Orodreth started laughing.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 09:18
"Laddie you shouldn't be makin' jokes like that at the lass' expense." he chuckled "It be a little cruel and from wha I be making out she's eating for two, aye?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 02:06
"Yes,she is." Orodreth answered with a grin and squeezed Vana's hand affectionately.They looked at eachother,smiling with bliss and forgot about Ulfgar for a moment.Then the barmaid came with their breakfast and the delicious smell brought them back to reality again."Mmm,that smells good!" exclaimed Orodreth and started partaking of the bacon eagerly.

After they finished eating,they ordered coffee,for they needed coffeine for their long ride.Meanwhile they chatted with Ulfgar about their homes and other places."I have ridden through the Blue Mountains a few times,but I have never been IN them." Orodreth told Ulfgar."They look beautiful from the outside,but what are they like from the inside?",he asked curiously.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 10:48
"When be the youngen due?" he smiled

**he picked up a straming tankard and chugged down half the contents**

"Well tha blue moutains be like any other mountains on th' inside. Caves, caves more caves an' our finely carved an' hewn dwarvenhome. 'Tis a wonderful sight fer sore eyes." **he sighed a little** "Aye it be givin' Moria, when it be at its finest, a run for its Mithril."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 06:37
Vana blushed slightly and looked away as Ulfgar guessed, correctly, that she was pregnant. He asked when she was due, and she replied, glancing up from under her thin brows, "I believe he will be here in about six months, perhaps more."

Vana shivered inwardly as Ulfgar described the interior of the Blue Mountains. Vana had a very bad history with caves, all caves, and while the dwarf realm under the Blue Mountains sounded interesting, she knew she'd be steering clear of there in the future. Swallowing her last mouthful, Vana tipped her chair back onto its back two legs and sipped her tankard of tea, warm and relaxing.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 08:56
"What will yea be calling tha youngen?" he said, sounding unusually interested

**he chugged down the remaining contents of his tankard**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 10:32
"We havent yet decided.When we do,we'll let you know." answered Orodreth with a friendly grin.

After they had finished their breakfast,Orodreth rose and said "Well,its time to go.No more time for sitting idle!" He went to the counter and paid for the breakfast.Then he went to the stable with Vana and Ulfgar and saddled Windfoot
and so they rode away."This stay did us good,but if we had stayed any longer,it would have turned me mellow and unfit for the journey!" he joked."How do you feel my dear?",he asked Vana.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 12:31
"I'll be holding yea to yea word laddie." he grinned

**he followed them out**

"Laddie we be 'aving a problem. I have neither horse nor pony just ma tew booted feet."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 12:37
Orodreth stopped as he was mounting Windfoot."Oh..well you can ride with one of us.Since Vana is still lighter than me,maybe it would be best if you rode with her mare.Do you agree meleth?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:53
Vana paused just as she was about to swing up onto Shadowmane's back. "I will not be lighter than you for much longer, meleth," she said, a note of gentle teasing in her voice. "But as I am still lighter, it would be my honor to allow Shadowmane to bear you, Ulfgar," she finished turning toward the Dwarf. She measured him with her eyes. There was no way he'd be able to climb onto her horse without help, particularly since she rode without a saddle.

Instead of offering to lift him up, as that would deeply offend his honor, she led Shadowmane to a mounting block and gestured for Ulfgar to climb on. He did, clumsily, but he made it on. Vana swung on gracefully in front of the Dwarf and instucted him to hold onto her if he needed to.

Touching Shadowmane's side with her heel, Vana turned her graceful mare to face Orodreth, who was now on his stallion.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 12:58
"By ma father's beard tha's a long way down!" he exclaimed, hanging on to Vana's waist

"How d'you elven folk manage it? Being so far off tha ground an' not bein' nervous."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 02:41
Orodreth laughed heartily at Ulfgar's fright."Don't worry,it just seems frightening the first time.You'll get used to it!We did.",he said with a chuckle.He told a white lie,for it was natural for elves to ride on a horse and even the first time they mount a horse they aren't very afraid,not like a dwarf is anyway.

And so they set off cheerfully towards their next destination,the city of Annuminas which arose far in the horison
standing like a reminder of the glory and the power that once was.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 11:31
((Had to do a bit of research for this post...all hail the wonderful Encyclopedia!))

Vana felt Ulfgar's arms clamp around her like a vice, forcing her to gasp for her breath. She didn't make him loosen his grip, and for one good reason: she didn't want to have to deal with turning around and getting him back up if he fell from stark terror.

Vana could clearly remember the first time she got on a horse. She hadn't been as afraid as Ulfgar was now, but boy oh boy, she was pretty close. She could recall clinging to the horse's mane and hearing her brother encouraging her to just 'flow with the horse', as he so poetically put it. She tried...and she fell off with a bone-shaking crash.

Legolas, once he'd assured himself that nothing was broken, started laughing uncontrollably. Vana got him back later for that...and the frogs she'd put in his bed were loose in the palace for days afterwards.

Orodreth led the way, and Vana kept her hoorse close in line with his. She hoped, silently, that Ulfgar would get used to this before long. She'd never worn the human device called a corset, and now she knew why. But, she knew that Gimli Gloin's son had gotten used to riding behind Legolas. There was no reason why Ulfgar should be any different.

Vana looked forward and saw the city of Annuminas, faint and far away even to her Elven sight. It looked almost like a pearl on the Northern horizon, glimmering in the sun.

She had studied the history of those ruins when she had lived in Rivendell for a time. History was one of her passions. This tower had once been the capital of Arnor and was built on the shores of Lake Evendim by Elendil after the fall of Numenor. One of the chief of the seeing stones, known as palantri in Elvish, resided there. Sadly, the place had fallen into ruins after the heirs of Elendil moved to Fornost and established that as the new capital of Arnor.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 12:16
**Ulfgar saw nothing of the sights around them we was sitting there scared witless with his eyes tight shut.**

"I be fine...I ain't be falling off...I be fine...I ain't be falling off." he repeated to himself quietly

**He eventually managed to open his eyes and look around him**

"I must not be lookin' down...I must not be looking down" he mumbled to himself.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 02:50
Vana smiled as she felt Ulfgar go stiff behind her as his head moved slightly. From his reaction, the elf woman guessed he'd opened his eyes. "Ulfgar," she said quietly, "this trip will be long by any reckoning. You will only make it longer if you do not relax."

She did her best to send reassurances through the slight connection between his arms and her waist.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email