Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Bag of Chips [Join any ol' time!]
on: January 31, 2004 05:56
Okay, kids! Your chance to present proof-positive that you've got just a little too much time on your hands. New players are always welcome. You can PM or just jump right on in, if you prefer. My only rule is that you *contribute*. You know, keep things interesting. Oh, and no huge blocks of text, please. Hard to read. Break things up a bit. That being said...

Breif prologue! :

In the great Hall of Halldom, in the kingdom of Genericrpgland, a young woman stands summoned by Standardoverlord with a mission of utmost importance.

"Anejey O'Dey!" his stereotypically commanding voice boomed.

"Yes, oh mighty Standardoverlord, sir!" came the piped voice of the girl before him.

"Anejey O'Dey, you have been chosen for no particular reason to go on a quest of utmost importance! A quest to the far reaches of Genericrpgland to retrieve a most important item!"

"Yes, oh mighty Standardoverlord, sir! What am I looking for? How will I find it?"

"I really have no idea. It's just that this game needs a plot and this is as good an excuse as any. Now GO! Assemble a cast of characters and find me this most rare item of uncertain denotation!"

And with those inspiring words, the great Standardoverlord promptly kicked little Anejey O'Dey out the door, and ....UN, DEUX, TROIS, GAME START!
BingoTook
Send Message
Post RE: Bag of Chips [Join any ol' time!]
on: January 31, 2004 06:03
Anejey O'Dey stepped out into the courtyard, guarding her eyes from the bright sun as she reviewed the motley crew scattered in front of her.

"HEY!" she yelled. "Anybody up for a little pointless, yet entertaining, quest?!"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 06:47
Aranel Séregon flew out of a tree and said, "I would be delighted to join you on a pointless quest."
She fluttered her blue, fairy-like wings slightly and her cat ears twitched. her orange eyes gleamed as she added, "So where are we going?"
BingoTook
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 06:50
Anejey made a dramatic sweeping motion with her hand.

"We...are going....THAT WAY!"

She pointed westwards, towards the far reaches of Genericrpgland.

"Well, that's one, then!" She clapped her fist into her hand. "Now who else is around this dump...?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 08:04
Mina Siliyon overheard two beings talking about a quest and decided to join. Her silver hair blows back and her grey eyes are smiling when she runs up to the beings.

"Would you like another companion? I've been looking for something pointless to do."

[Edited on 1/2/2004 by CelienArwen]
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 11:38
Suddenly a man came running round the corner. Very out of breath he said

"I read... in the paper... that someone here... was looking for... people to help them... on a useless quest?" He gasped. Then he stood up straight and said

"I'm a useless a person as you could hope to find! What are we waiting for?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 05:38
(OOC: Hallo Bingo! I saw that this was being run by you and I just had to sign on! My bro is going to do this with me, but he hasn't got his account set up yet, so...he's doing it through me as of now.)

Suddenly, a heavily armored dwarf smashed into the ground in front of them. On top, landed an elf, who stepped off.

"See, I told you it would be more fun if we used the catapalt." the elf stated cheerfully.

The dwarf stood up, scowling. "That's the last time I let you choose our mode of transportatioin."

The efl turned. "Greetings! I am Calensen and this is my companion, Gimlet."

The dwarf bowed.

"There's some sort of quest going on?" Calensen continued. "Anyway, Gimlet and I have come to offer our skills."
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 06:19
[Sweet Entwives, this is great! Thanks for playin', everyone! Jaid, I was gonna invite you special, my friend, but you beat me to the punch! Hey, which character is yours, and which your brother's?]

"All right, let's see!" Anejey called out happily. "That makes one, two, three...six of us altogether! That's a good number to start off a quest!"

Anejey climbed onto a large armoire standing conveniently in the center of the courtyard, and she cleared her throat.

"Now listen, everyone. We are about to embark on a most perilous quest. A mission so dangerous that I cannot guarantee your safety. Now if anyone wants out, please say so now. No one? Good!"

Anejey looked down.

"Hey, wait a second!" She pounced onto Aranel and grabbed her by the ears, stretching them out as far as they would reach. "You were thinking of backing out, weren't you? WEREN'T YOU?!"

"Nuh," the winged creature replied in protest.

"Oh," Anejey released Aranel's ears with a rubbery snap. "Well, that's all right then. Let's move out!"

And so the party moved westwards across the standardized plains.
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 09:38
The man ran up to Anejey and asked

"Wait. Where are we going? What are we looking for? Who are you? Who are all these people? Why am I here? Why can't I stop asking questions? Why won't you answer me?"

Anejey looked at him sardonically with one raised eyebrow.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:08
(Oops! Sorry bout that. *grin* I'm the elf; Calensen's actually in the database. Gimlet is my bro's character. We have this habbit of playing an elf/dwarf duo since I'm really very elf-like and he likes dwarves so much. Anyways...you were going to invite me? Aw, I feels so special. )

"Well, it looks like we done it again!" Calensen proclaimed happily as the group set off. Gimlet stared at him critically.

"You sound a bit too happy about all this. You get into my pipe weed again?"

The smile dissapeared from Calensen's face. "I most certainly did not!" he indignantly smacked Gimlet's head, but had forgotten the dwarf was wearing a helmet. Twitching slightly, he turned away. Gimlet grinnned self-satisfactorily.

"Blonde..." he murmemered. Calensen twitched again

(OOC: The sad thing is that my brother and I really act like this on occasion...*sweatdrop*)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 06:21
(ooc: my this sure has taken off . HI JAID!!!! HI JAID'S UNNAMED BROTHER!!! HI BINGO!!! HI CELIENARWEN!! HI RACHIEACHIE!!!)
Aranel got up, rubbing her ears after Anejey had so rudely pulled them. She flew up into the air, just out of Anejey's reach so it wouldn't happen again.

"I wan't evern thinking about leaving! really!" Aranel said.

She giggled alittle when she saw the elf and dwarf together. She couldn't help it because they were really funny.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 04:20
[Whoa. Inwe, how much coffe have you HAD today, Kid?]

Anejey turned abruptly from the unnamed man, still begging for the answers to his questions and walked west. From somewhere came the sounds of a mysterious beatbox soundtrack.

Hey! Hey! Break it down, now! Weep weep woh! Wikka wikka wikka! Weep weep! Weep! Weep wikka wikka--

"What?!" Anejey cried, breaking in on the hypnotically rythmic sound.

Before them stood a massive canyon, ten-thousand feet down and seemingly bottomless. She whipped out a map from...somewhere...and studied it intensely.

"Hmm....I don't SEE a mysterious canyon, ten-thousand feet down and seemingly bottomless ANYWHERE on THIS map..."

She turned the map over the otherway, and was still at a loss.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 06:56
(ooc: I don't drink coffee..........)

Aranel did little swoops and swirls through the air as Anejey studied the map that she had pulled from somewhere. She dived into the canyon and let herself fall almost the full distance and then spread her butterfly wings and shot straight up and when she came back up to ground level she had become an eagle. then she transformed back to normal and said, "So which way are we going?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 07:40
Mina is following the troop singing to herself when she sees the canyon. She sees that Anejey has a map and looks over her shoulder.

"Hey! That's the wrong map. See? It say "General RPG Land" not "Generic RPG Land!"

Rummages in her pack, "Here is the right one!"

She hands the map to Anejey, then wonders if she could run and jump over the canyon. Dances around waiting for the others to decide where to go.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 10:50
Aranel was very impatient and began to transform into various animals. She transformed into a cat and began weaving inbetween Anejey's legs.

then she transformed into a horse and ran around in circles.

then she transformed into a dog and chased her tail. Then seeing that Mina was impatient too, she went over and said, "Hey you want to have some fun? Do you think you could jump over the canyon? I bet i could jump further than you!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 01:34
While she is dancing, Mina notices Aranel turning herself into various animals. She stops dancing and tries to change herself into a bird, but ends up just running around flapping her arms. Then she hears Aranel speak to her:

I bet I could jump futher than you!

"Oh no you couldn't!" Mina replies. She turns and heads away from the canyon, then turns and runs as fast as she can towards it. When she reaches the rim she jumps, launching herself across it, but falls short!

"Ahhhhh! Save me!"

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by Abraon]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 07:34
Aranel rolled her eyes as Mina plunged off the side and turned into a very large eagle. She caught Mina and flew back up. When the landed she turned back into her true form and said, "Silly girl. of course i can jump further than you." Aranel turned into a Kangaroo and jumped across the canyon and back. "See. It helps if you can transform into things" She said winking.

She saw Anejey still looking at the map, so she turned into a ferret and jumped on Anejey.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 11:29
While the girls were dancing around, Gimlet had walked to the edge of the canyon and began tapping the ground with his ax. Calensen watched him for a moment, then asked, "What are you doing?"

"Hn."

Calensen rolled his blue eyes then turned to see what was going on. He saw the jumping contest between Aranel and Mina. Quite odd people they were...

"AH-HA!"

Calensen jumped and turned to find Gimlet looking excited. "What? What is it?"

"There be gold in these hills!" Gimlet declared and started off at a run. He didn't seem to noticed that Calensen had grabbed his braid and was holding him in place.

"A little help?" Calensen panted. "Darn dwarves...so heavy..." the elf dug around in his pocket. "Gimlet! Money!" he threw a handful of coins on the ground. Gimlet turned immediately, knocking Calensen to the ground. The dwarf began happily picking up coins, while the elf lay on the ground with spirals in his eyes.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 03:28
Aranel transformed back to normal, while still on Anejey and knocked her to the ground. Then she got off and went over to Calensen, who was laying on the ground. "You alright?" She asked, giggling slightly. She watched Gimlet collect the coins and thought to herself 'I wonder what he would do if I threw a coin off the cliff.'
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 10:43
[Sorry it's taken me a while to get to this. I've been havin' a little trouble gettin' to a computer. I meant to go on last night, but I ended up staying out all night enjoying happy live punk rawk and discussing theology, and when I got home I was very tired, and fell asleep.]

A now marginally squashed and incensed Anejey righted herself and began howling with displeasure.

"Yaah! Skwish me not, foul stink-creature! The far side of the canyon doth beckon yonder and yet be I still here! This unnamed man does yet still flail at me! The Dwarf and Elf have proposed no useage of catapult! The uselessness of these words I speak!"

With that, she stepped backwards and went falling down the canyon.

"Well, this is interesting," she mused as she fell, cupping her chin in hand, "Really, I'm finding this pointlessness to be almost irritating. Although the point really *was* pointlessness. Hm. Sort of in a hole that way..."

More falling.

"Wow, this is really a long way down, isn't it?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 02:31
Aranel went to the side of the cliff and looked down. "What a silly girl, falling down a canyon." she thought to herself, then out loud she said, "I hope the ground breaks your fall!!!!" Then she laughed and flew down. She caught up with Anejey and let herself fall with her. "So how's it going?" Aranel said, making absolutely no effort to save Anejey.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 08:58
Suddenly Aranel and Anejey's fall was broken by a man at the bottom of the cliff. The shocked and confused man got up and dusted himself off.

"Are you alright? I am Thalianost of Ironwood at your service. Though it appears that I have already done you a great service. What happened?"

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by maeghin]
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 11:32
(ooc: Aranel wouldn't have hit the ground because she has wings )
Aranel fluttered gently to the ground, laughing at Anejey as she fell, "Serves you right for tackling me, had you not done that I might have saved you the trouble of falling."

[Edited on 10/2/2004 by Abraon]
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 03:46
Anejey jumped up and pointed dramatically at the man.

"You! You are champion of goldfish! You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful! We are---hey, you're pretty."

A moment of awkward blinking.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 05:41
Thalianost is now twice as confused. "Thank you for the compliment my lady.:blush: But what do you mean by "the champion of goldfish?" Last I checked I was not a goldfish. But you have still not told me how you managed to fall off the cliff."

(Ooc: If you want to find out more about my character its in the database.)
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 10:14
The-man-who-does-not-as-yet-have-a-name looked over the canyon edge at the three figures below with interest. It looked quite fun, falling all that way... but perhaps if you didn't have wings it would be a little less fun. He sighed and went off wondering why his questions hadn't been answered.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:19
Anejey ignored the question about the goldfish and went on ranting, all the while making wild gestures with her arms.

"Yes! Yes! The falling! The plummeting from the cliff! The pull of gravity on my being and the psuedo-weightless experience! Now I'm free-ee-ee-ee-ee--I'm free fah-lin'! Yes!"

Thalianost asked again.

"Ah! Questing we go," Anejey replied. "Questing upon a quest of a most questful nature. We go from here to there to retrieve a thing! Oh. Except that we're not really sure where we're going or what we're looking for. Right now we're kindof just wandering around."

She motioned upwards with her thumb. "Got a few more up there. Elf. Dwarf. Flailing man. Couple others, I think. I've honestly lost track. Oh, and the squash-happy girl with the wings over there. Watch out, she's got mange."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:53
(To Arnel): Is she always like this? Or did she land on her head?

(To Anejey): Well if your friends are up there shall we go up there or shall we help them come down here. I just hope I don't have to act as a cusion for any more basejumpers.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 06:05
Calensen had recovered from his relative swirly eye-ness and was looking over the cliff. "It looks like we'll have to jump!" he annoucned dramatically, turning. Gimlet was on the ground happily counting his coins. Calensen sighed.

"Only one thing to do then." he stated, pulling out his last coin. It was a very special one; gold and sparkly. "Hey Gimlet!" he waved it around.

The dwarf looked up and his eyes widened. "Gold!"

Calensen tossed it over the edge. "Get it!"

Gimlet didn't hesitated, but stepped over the edge immediately. After a few moments, Calensen did as well.

Gimlet pounded into the ground at Arnel's, Anejay's and Thalianost's feet. A few mintues later, Calensen landed on top and jumped off gracefully. "Hello everyone!" he said cheerfully, retrieving his special gold coin and putting it back in his pocket while Gimlet was still dazed. "Where are we off to now?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 06:23
(ooc: okay this is getting really weird. BUT IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! I LOVE THIS THREAD!! :love: :love: oh yes and RachieAchie, bingo and I have officially named your character 'random flailing man' )

Aranel looked at all of the silly people and shook her head 'These people are so very strange' she thought to her self. then answering Thalianost's question she looked a Anejey and said, "Yeah she is pretty much always like that." Anejey continued her random raving and ranting and after a few minutes Aranel got annoyed and turned into a fish, slapping Anejey in the face. then she transformed back to herself and smiled to herself.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 01:17
I knew dwarves were resiliant beings but I never would expect one to live after such a landing. He must have landed on his beard. He must be extreamly blinded by greed to fall for such a trick. Certainly greadier than any dwarf I've ever met.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 06:27
[Sweet Undomiel! Two pages already! Oh, and Inwe: come on, what did you expect? You've known me long enough...]

Three minutes had passed after Anejey was fish-slapped when she suddenly jumped backwards from Aranel, pointing.

"Aiie! Fish slap! Halibut of dreadful doom! Deeeemon scum-being of the sea*! Horrific--!"

She suddenly noticed the Elf and Dwarf and stopped her screetchings.

"Oh. It's an Elf. And a slightly-used, still-in-decent-condition Dwarf. Hi. ........Hey, you know, you guys look really familiar."

[*The demon scum of the sea is...(shudders)...tuna. I *hate* tuna....]
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 10:07
Suddenly they heard a noise from above. It was like this...

.........aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

**CRASH!!!**

"Ow."

Random Flailingman had tried to fly off the cliff without much success. Now he lay face down on the floor, groaning... but his arms were still flailing, of course.

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by RachieAchie]

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by RachieAchie]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:25
(LOL! We are all absolutely nuts...)

Sputtering, Gimlet raised his head. "I resent that." he glared fiercely Thalianost.

"It's me, Calensen!" the elf cried. "Don't you remember me, Anejay? We're helping you with your quest!" he started shaking her. "You have to remember!!" he cried, a little overdramatically, then promptly dropped her as Random Flailing man landed nearby. "Oh look, a random flailing man! Amazing, he survived the fall and his arms are still going!"

(I've had too much sugar this morning...*sweatdrop*)
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:45
Relax master dwarf, I ment no offense. I was mearly observing your behavior.

(Random flailing man lands.) There must be something in the water you are drinking. I'm begining to see a pattern here.

(to Random flailing man): Are you the last one or are there more to follow?
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email