57% (1)
Legolas
43% (9)
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Faramir or Legolas?
on: March 07, 2004 05:57
Much more can be said about Faramir than Legolas since Faramir is a more complex character. Hence the long explainations.
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 10:47
Don't like the long explanations? Well, here you go -- short and sweet:

Legolas/Orlando = boy
Faramir/David = man

'Nuff said!

*btw - ya'll know I'm just playin'. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

You made my day.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 02:21
How on earth can you call Legolas a boy?! He'd probably hacked off the heads of at least a hundred orcs or slayed a dozen spiders before Faramir was even born!

I vote the Prince of Mirkwood as the better looking one, definitely. The hair, the eyes, the body, the smile--all perfect! :drool::drool::drool:

Faramir is a great guy, and I love him. He is also gorgeous in his own right, but pales in comparison to Legolas. :heart:

I also agree though, that this is definitely a matter of taste. :love: Heck, bottom line is the Middle-earth males are fine!
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 02:04
How on earth can you call Legolas a boy?! He'd probably hacked off the heads of at least a hundred orcs or slayed a dozen spiders before Faramir was even born!
Aha! That may be true, but movie Legolas looks like a boy. Well, okay, boyish.
Aw, but you know I'm only kdding around. As I said before, it's all just a matter of personal opinion. Whatever floats the ol' proverbial boat.
I also agree though, that this is definitely a matter of taste. Heck, bottom line is the Middle-earth males are fine!
Yes, I must agree -- they do make 'em pretty darned fine in ME, don't they? Hey, I like to look, and the looking is very good, indeed! Alas, that we're stuck here in the real world.

Merenwen-Goldsand wrote:

You made my day.

*grins* Glad to be of service, my friend! btw... nice, new avi you got there, Merenwen!

*edit - consolidated 2 posts to save some space :blush: *

[Edited on 10/3/2004 by truegirl]
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 10:58
Alas, that we're stuck here in the real world.

Which is very over-rated don't you think.
FaramirsQuality
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 05:16
Faramir. I like his stubble.

heeee heee heeee me too! and the hands, did I mention he has great hands! (eyes, mouth, hair....)

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by FaramirsQuality]
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 05:41
Alas, that we're stuck here in the real world.

Which is very over-rated don't you think.

hmmm.. might have posted here before, can't remember, but i had to say something to this quote.
first off: poor you! stuck in the real world... Me, i practically live in ME... I'm guilty of responding to questions in what might be called "RL" in quotes and elvish and other such ME manner. And so... happy happy me, lives in a world of dreams... and guys like faramir and legolas...
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 12:09
My vote's definitely with Legolas, but this might have something to to with my elf obsession. Rounded ears gross me out. :blush: I keep looking at Legolas' ears on my sister's poster (why does she get posters? Not me? Why? Because it's her birthday? Stupid reason) and becoming insanely jealous. Am I the first person to vote for Legolas because, of course, of "normal" good looks, but mostly pointy ears?
Lila_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 02:43
Hi,

I couldn't vote, because I like them both!

They are both cute :heart:, and I like Faramir and Legolas both, I just couldn't choose, lol. :blush:
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 02:13
btw... nice, new avi you got there, Merenwen!

Thanks truegirl . I like your new one too!

Yay Faramir is still in the lead
horsesforme
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 02:18
hmm.. it was hard but than i thought i'm not a Legolas fan..(doges sharp objects throwen at her by leggy/orlando fans) so i choose faramire!! :love: :heart:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 02:19
okay, after looking through, and I don't think I might have posted, but possible though nerss

now, for a rather complexly jumbled ex... *what was that word! erg..* no, not exfoliation, but that's all i can think of... okay, speech...
Faramir, see, he's got an imperfect beauty. I think "beauty" can be more descriptive of character than face, but for David/Faramir, it applies to both. He has a irregularity, i guess you could call it, a difference from the norm that is just beautiful. He has what might be considered "normally" beautiful eyes, but other than that, i can't think of a really blue *shakes head, where'd "blue" come from?*... erm, i can't think of a really... normal? thing about him, but he's still beautiful the way he is. I mean, the nose is different from most, and the mouth, and pretty much his entire looks, but in some ways it's the strangeness that makes the beauty, or not so much strangeness, but imperfect wonder...
Now, Legolas/'Lando has less what I'd call beauty than just plain hot-ness. He's hot, at least i think so, and i'm not gonna try to deny it. But, as he doesnt have that inner beauty, that beauty of imperfection, of being like the rest of us, I'd have to say I prefer David... or orli... oh, don't make me decide!!!
Megilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 03:00
I have to say Faramir...he's awesome and...just look at his eyes. They convey so much wisdom...and age...and sadness...awesome guy. In the book, whenever I read one of his speeches it just gives me shivers. You can kind of see into his mind, and what you find there is just the BEST.
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 03:57
Suilad Members,

Well it's a quite difficult question. None of them. I prefer Aragorn as a LotR-character.

But Orli is better than David. :heart:

Garo arad vaer! :love:

Elfi
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 03:11
I say Faramir. But not in the movie. In the book, he's seems like a completely different person. In the book.... :drool: :love:
in the movie, well, his hair and nose rather messed him up.
Legolas is, of course, gorgeous in the movies, but not really described as far as looks go in the book. Never said if he was blonde or not.
lady_elentari
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 02:43
Yeah. Faramir seems very different in the book. But i say Legolas from the movie, because in the book he dosen't seem to inteligent.
salems
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 09:25
i don`t really know. but i`d probably chose a human over elf. also one thats cute and hot.
Imkluliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 01:41
Don't like the long explanations? Well, here you go -- short and sweet:

Legolas/Orlando = boy
Faramir/David = man

'Nuff said!

Here's a nice pic of Faramir and his lovely eyes :love:

*btw - ya'll know I'm just playin'. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

*edit by truegirl: fixed the link above*

[Edited on 7/3/2004 by truegirl]
I agree completely. Date Faramir. Set your daughter up with Legolas.
Andreth_Laiqualasse
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 08:34
But, as he doesnt have that inner beauty, that beauty of imperfection, of being like the rest of us, I'd have to say I prefer David...

'Scuse me???? Beauty of imperfection? What defines beauty now adays, I should like to know? For me, beauty reflects the truth, which is perfection, what we all should be striving for. In the past, a thing of beauty was proportioned, balanced, with all parts in harmony and order. Of course it's still the same today, only people don't accept that.

I'm not saying that Faramir isn't beautiful, but I totally disagree that imperfection makes something beautiful. If something contributes to the effect of being beautiful, it's not an imperfection. How does one define imperfection?

And one last thing. Legolas Does have inner beauty; do his incredible loyalty and sacrifice count for nothing?
Conuiren_of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 11:04
I voted for Faramir - no offense to Legolas, he is the perfect elf, but just a bit too perfect for me . DW really managed to capture the problems facing Faramir, and still looked great!
Andreth_Laiqualasse
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 01:42
I voted for Faramir - no offense to Legolas, he is the perfect elf, but just a bit too perfect for me !

And some may prefer Men to Elves, which is perfectly alright. Faramir is just about the best as far as Men go...which is mighty far, I can tell you It's merely a matter of taste, I don't believe that Legolas is objectively better than Faramir, or vis-a-versa. The question is, who's better to you?
dancin_stars974513
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 01:42
okay for me...i would definately vote for orlando bloom...he is the HOTTEST guy...however, he is now engaged to kate bosworth...oh well...i can still dream about him can't i? :love: :drool: :blush:
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 01:46
I voted for Faramir...he is so sexy!! :love: I love David way more than I love Orlando.
Fawlen_Peredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 11:40
Legolas is perfection but Faramir is cute also, but i will have to go with the ELF!:love:
Astin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 01:50
Yay!!!!! Go Faramir!!!!!

I've already said a bit in this forum...but anyway...I still maintain that Legolas is pretty hot...but ooh...Faramir's eyes...would you agree in saying that he easily looks the best in this movie? There appears to be more a softness in appearance to him than in TTT.

I think for me, it's also because Faramir is a man - Legolas is an elf and so has this other quality about him (that is still seriously hot!) but Faramir...aah...I think might go to the Faramir Fanciers forum...
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 11:25
I can't choose... it's too difficult... they both have.. well, something !
TezzlesOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 06:05
Faramir definitely. orlando has his own little type of well cuteness i guess you could call it and hes a fantastic actor but i like faramir better. david did do a great job portraying him in the movie- i felt SOOO bad for him in RotK!
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 03:51
Legolas, definitely. :heart:
neesa
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 03:11
i vote for Faramir!!! though i have to wonder: where ARE all the Legolas girl fans??? nothing against Leggy, just that he's still my friends P.E teacher (she dreamt it...)
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 07:33
Of those two I'd say Faramir. Although I think Boromir and Aragorn are even hotter. :love:
Precious!
Sassafras
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 12:17
No brainer for this 30-something married lady: Legolas! :drool: :love:
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 08:36
I prefer Faramir to Legolas. He's a manly man! Great!
Josela
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2005 05:57
I chose Faramir, but i still love Legolas, in a fact they both are my favorite characters , so this is hard :dizzy:
But i chose Faramir 'cause he is just soooooo hot and handsome and....well you know, all that..
and i think that legolas is just cute and elegant and bright and all the elven characteristics...but Faramir is a man, even though he's got a big nose he's atractive, and you can see him crying, mad, and also very happy, and he can be wrong sometimes, and make mistakes just like an ordinary man...well my point is that it's not just the outside,it'is his personality that drives me crazy :love:
The elf is awesome too, in every sence, but i rather Faramir

[Edited on 11/12/2005 by Josela]
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2005 01:55
Legolas just isn't my type. Faramir is more captivating to me. Sexxyyyy

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email