Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
littlemrsbloom4ever
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Faramir or Legolas?
on: December 27, 2005 06:55
i sooo shouldn't be posting my response because my friends say i do that way to much. anyway, i am a DIE HARD ORLANDO BLOOM FAN!! (don't mess with me, i turn into a rabid squirell) Orli is sooo cute in all his movies, but david wenham is cute. i liked him more in Van Helsing but he is still cute. that's my post! i really shouldn'tpost stuff anymore..okay i'm shutting up now*zips lips shut and waves*
Faramir
57% (1)
Legolas
43% (9)
Aragorn_N_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 09:04
Legolas!!!!!!!!!!!!
caliowin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 02:56
faramir ~ cos he's handsome in a different way to the usual guys u see! and he's lovely! Whereas Legolas is sooo typical pretty boy!
Lweven
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 08:01
Oh that is hard! But I like Legolas..but if I had my own choice its Frodo above all.
Lauritaz
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 09:25
Faramir is good-looking...but I prefer Legolas!! Why? Because I love elves, I think they are absolutely fascinating... Legolas is gorgeous!!:love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 08:19
While I love Elves Legolas seems to be a little too girly for my liking, so it's Faramir all the way
Deagol112LotR
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 04:21
I had to go with Legolas. It was hard to choose because I like them both... although Orlando is closer to my age (but still more then 10 years older... lol)
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 04:44
Yeah I'm uh... 18 in a few days... but uh... hey David looks pretty young for his age *clears throat*

Back in the Biblical times...
Josela
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 07:15
Well i'm ..16 and i don't care if David is older , he could be my dad, i know, and Orlando my older brother, but what th... who cares?, and thinking about the characters....how old is Legolas? remember that the elves are immortal...i would get older and he would be looking cute as always...no, no, no, no...! but...Faramir , he's got elven in him and blood of numenor...so, he's gonna get older but not so fast as an ordinary human. But i'd still love him:love: anyway ....
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 07:42
Age never played a part in my decision. It's simply a number for me! Still, Faramir all the way
OselleElentari
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 05:40
Uh........DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO????????????????? What is WRONG with people out there???????????????? I can't believe Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood, the most hottest, spunkiest, cutest, hunkiest, skillful, graceful, loyal, courageous elf to ever walk Middle Earth is coming second to....wait, let me get this straight........FARAMIR???? I mean, sure he's a nice guy and all but HEY - he doesn't come close to a dashing, dangerous immortal elven royal!
What is this world coming to??? Sorry, my dear Leggy, for this heinous insult!:cry:
Miranduviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 07:12
Whoa! Talk about Elven backlash!! David Wenham is actually 42, and Orli just turned 30 earlier in January. They both look younger than they are-- must be that healthy countryside life

As far as looks go, Legolas is just an average Elf; I think people forget that all Elves are "hot, spunky, cute, hunky, skillful, graceful, loyal, and courageous." You forgot to add innate nobility of character. But all Elves are (see above), so it means that Legolas is just par for the course, just more adventurous (didn't see Elrond signing up for the Fellowship, did we? The mark of a great leader is delegation!)

All Men-of-the-West are not h1/s1/c1/h2/s2/g/l/c2 (see above; like the repitition of letters, did you plan that?), and most don't have noble characters. Faramir gets a bad rap sometimes for the things the script did that changed him from what he is in the book to what David Wenham played in the movie.

Faramir is hot when he's cleaned up (see Coronation scene), spunky when he's not overtired (as most Ithilien Rangers must be), cute (see HOH scene with Eowyn in EE), hunky when he's cleaned up (Coronation), skillful (else he wouldn't have survived this long), graceful--you have me there, I don't think Gondorians value gracefulness as much as Elves do, but it kinda goes with 'skillful'; loyal to his brother, father (even tho he doesn't deserve it), and Gondor, and is courageous--that, or has a death wish like Eowyn (well, they match) when he rides out in full armour to retake Osgiliath.

Faramir versus Legolas? You're talking apples vs. oranges (and you should always eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day...). The other freeborn peoples of ME will break your heart--the Elves will live longer than you; the Dwarves--well, you never can tell if you're dating a boy or a girl (they look alike, and that should freak out all those L/G slashers if Gimli's a *girl* Dwarf!); Hobbits are even shorter than me, and I'm barely 5'; the Rohirrim are horse-crazy (I don't keep pets bigger than a toaster-oven), so that leaves me with Men of the West. (No, I'm not even going to consider orcs or uruk-hai; I don't date species less intelligent than myself.)

Denethor is a bad parent, and had a creepy relationship with a crystal ball. Boromir got a little too avaricious for his own good. Eomer is royalty (of a sort) and is destined to follow the "marry-an-Elf-chick-for-the-good-of-the-realm" path of Aragorn. Aragorn already *has* a girlfriend, and she's an Elf (rub it in, why don'cha?!), and I'm not a homewrecker; and Faramir gets engaged to Eowyn (royalty of a sort, and I'm still not a homewrecker). Barliman Butterbur doesn't wash or do his laundry often enough for my taste (and I think he's married, too, so I am *soo* still not a homewrecker). And let's not even mention Grima; he needs a dermatologist, and I'd need a therapist.

Even though they're not Men of the West, there's still Saruman, Gandalf, and Radagast to consider. Okay, they're Istari wizards, they're going to return to the Undying Lands sooner or later, and they'd probably outlive me if they stayed long enough. But they're smart, inquisitive, resourceful, cute in a grubby sort of way (but probably clean up real good after a bath and in Elven robes), and at least Saruman picked out a Dr. Evil-worthy lair in Orthanc. I am so chasing the wizards!

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 10:58
looks like Faramir is winning, although i would have choosen Eomer over both of them and Haldir over all of them!:love:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Celebne
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 08:13
I can't believe it: Faramir seems to win a poll against Legolas. Yay!!!!
Of course, I have voted for my Steward of Gondor. :love:
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 11:07
Legolas is OK, but I have been warming up for Faramir a bit more recently. So I gave my vote for him.

But I did'nt mean to vote against Legolas. Faramir shows more romantic side then Legolas, that's probably why.

I need a hero, but he does'nt need to be a tough warrior. It's rather a hero for my heart.

[Edited on 31/1/2007 by Lorienel]
AniMagus
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 06:55
Definetly Legolas. Elves 4 life!!
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 09:34
Leggy is a little too pretty for my tastes. Give me a gruff-looking man with some sexy facial hair any day. And, Faramir is probably number three on my list of preferred Men, following Aragorn and big brother Boromir. :drool:
Maiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 08:29
Faramir gets my vote, manly and sensitive!
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 03:00
Faramir gets my vote here. The casting of both Faramir and Legolas has been well conducted... Legolas as the 'pointy-eared princeling' is quite "cool" in behaviour and attitude; but Faramir by far is the more appealing of the two. There is a quiet strength in his character that is in constant turmoil with his vulnerability and need for acceptance - this has been portrayed brilliantly and so effortlessly by David Wenham that he gets my vote, hands down!
"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
RaistlinMajere
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 03:53
Faramir !
haradrimattack
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 01:38
How could anyone choose Legolas? Faramir hands down.
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2007 08:01
i definately go for Legolas!but the ranger boys r cool too.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 01:19
Well, I'm a 'Lando fan...so I'll go with Legolas.
Cothiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 10:04
Faramir :love: :heart:
White_lady_of_Ithilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 04:11
Faramir all the way:love: :drool:
Image"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive."
agent
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2007 06:24
And i`m for Faramir.I like Legolas,he`s a talented,brave warrior,a dwarf friend-which is the most unusual thing for his kin,but i agree with Pippin when he says in ROTK EE:"I think you have strenth of a different kind".So i vote for Faramir
Nessa~Culnámo
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2007 01:17
I voted for Faramir. There is nothing wrong with Leggy either!
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: October 23, 2007 02:20
faramir is like the best. :love::heart:
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2007 05:35
As much as I appreciate Legolas' ethereal beauty (or better: that of the dear Mr Bloom impersonating him), I voted for Faramir. When it comes to a more...uhh...basic form of attraction, I like the men better than the elves
I'm sure you get my drift

hugs
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 08:26
Faramir... sigh! My biggest crush since I was a teenager. David is the best of actors and the caracter Faramir is the ideal human, as he is described in the book.

Legolas/Orlando is such a sweety too, but Faramir rules!!
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 06:24
Faramir. I'm a sucker for guys with long hair and stubble (as is evidenced by my Aragorn obsession).
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2008 12:37
Faramir. Definitely Faramir!
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 18, 2009 04:30
Yea! Faramir's winning!

Really now,could you ask for a better guy? He's hansom,wise,brave...
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2009 12:37
I like Faramir better! He and Boromir are two of my favorite gondorian characters
CormaBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2009 04:36
Absolutely Faramir!! Wow, I don't know how people can be so crazy bout Legolas/Orli. Legolas states the obvious all the time, and he seems to always be late (except I think there was one time he wasn't...), and, well, he acts like a blonde. I just don't see how that works... lol, you are SO right Tooky!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email