Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have decided that, since I have developed an intense love of Sindarin, someday I may get my name written in Tengwar over my forearm.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
I've seen many beautiful tattoos written in tengwar, like this one: http://www.ambar-eldaron.com/tatouages/charlotte.jpg , and I'd love to have one too. A quote from the books or something. But getting a tattoo is expensieve these days. xD Going to take a while for me to save the money.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
OH-Mmmm-GEEeee, that would be SO pretty, Elarinya!!! I love back tattoos and that ones BEAUTIFUL!!!!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my lordie, that's beautiul! I would like something like something more on the lower arm, though.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My little tattoo was $100, just five little stars. It is a very simple tat, no fancy details. I love having it on my lower arm, Maxie. For the money it cost, I want to be able to see it. I see it when I do dishes, when I clean, when I read, when I brush the cats, but most importantly, when I am typing stuff to post on here!!

Nice link, LadyElarinya. Start saving!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm probably going to get one before i graduate. My one friend, her cousin is a tattoo artist, and we could get a discount from him
I really want something from LOTR ofcourse. I also want some really awesome quote, a tree on my back, and birds/angels somewhere.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
$100 isn't too bad. I can;t find a good picture anywhere, but I don;t want my Tengwar to be in a "bolded font", if that makes any sense. I want it nice and light and delicate.
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, that is a beautiful tattoo!

Now I want one too. A quote on my forearm maybe.

Look at these: http://quenya101.com/2012/08/17/the-ultimate-elvish-tattoo-collection/

And maybe you should check with a tattoo artist how light and delicate the tattoo can be. I have one on my back of the chinese word "Justice". It was supposed to be a bit over an inch tall (I was going to make a column down my back of words like strength, power, honor, truth, and etc), but the guy couldn't make it that small because if he reduced the image too much it would mess with the drawing. I'm not sure all artists do it like the guy that did mine, but it's something you should check. You could always get a tengwar font and print your name to show the person. There are lighter fonts.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
OOOOH! That one is gorgeous! Yes, i suppose I could print it out, and legally here in the ol' New York I could get a tatt with parental consent, since I am 16 now, but I think I'll just wait till I have a job and am out of the house.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message

I dont know if the picture will open, but it's a tattoo that I really want on my arm!

[Edited on 02/03/2014 by EthelynnGreenleaf]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is goreous! But expensive looking...
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Not really, but most tattoos ARE expensive.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
There are a ton of people in school, now, I noticed, that have tattoos.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I have a whole, huge list of what I wanna get. One arm is gonna be set aside for Disney. My lower back will have a tree. The back of my neck will have the Disney castle. My other arm will be set aside for anything else i like (LOTR, movies, quotes, etc)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You'd better start saving, Ethelynn! I will be fine with my one tattoo, I don't want to give my parents heart attacks. They can't get over the amount of piercings in my ears, even though I had their permission for each one.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I know!!! I'm starting off small because who knows what my future job holds.
I'm excited!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Did you and your parents discuss it yet? Im sure you probably know this, but it's a good idea to "shop around" and take a look at shops before you go on ahead and get one.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yup, I do know that! And, no, I don't think they've discussed it yet, but it's not really their decision, it's mine. It's my money, and I'm 18, soo, as long as I don't get anything weird or inappropriate, I'm fine.
amythegypsy
Council Member
Send Message
I'm just gonna jump in; I have a couple ideas that I want. The first one that I have picked out is a tattoo of Bag End framed by a woody/rope sort of vine, with grapes and Sting sitting outside the frame. It's hard to describe, and it's not nearly as lame as I made it sound. It's actually quiet cool. Tolkien has really made an impact on me and my life, and I want to commemorate that.

Another is to have the face of a wolf on one of my fingers. Maybe my middle finger, seeing as it's the widest. I honestly don't have too much of a reason for this one. I like wolves. Seeing as it's in the same area, I'll just clump it together with this. I want a pocket watch in a classic, flash art style with the time of my son's birth.

I have a couple different designs, and I feel like I've nailed down one that I want, but I'm hoping to get a dreamcatcher somewhere. No real reason, they're just something that I love.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome, amythegypsy, I like your avi.

They all sound like beautiful ideas.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email