Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
Post book recommendations
on: February 23, 2004 02:11
Other people here are probably looking for stuff to read. I know I am. Please post books you recommend to others and who would like them, and what type of book they are.

I'll start
any discworld book by Terry Pratchett and Good Omens- they are humourous fantasy. Recommended to people who like to make fun of everything

any Tamora Pierce book, start with Alanna the first adventure- fantasy, Alanna is a girl wanting to become a knight in a land where there has been no lady knights for over 100 years. Recommended to teenage girls who like to read about girls that don't give up.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by tuttleturtle]

[Edited on 20/6/2004 by tuttleturtle]
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: book recommendations
on: February 23, 2004 05:09
Good books?! This is a hard one. I read so much but I can never remember what I read, even the good books! I hope some people will read these books because they were really really good! I don't usually read any Fantasy though...
Here are some books I really liked:

*The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Ok I have to admit that this is an extremely easy volum consisting of a mere 150 pages or so but it was so good that I read it every night in 6th grade until I sadly became immune to all the emotional parts that I loved so much. It's about 2 different gangs and how they have these rumbles (fights). Also the main characters are Sodapop, Darry, and Ponyboy. The best quote is: "Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold,...". The pillow seemed to sink a little and...ok I'm totally getting way too wrapped up into my old obseession, but I think pretty much anyone would like this book. But a lot of people have probably read it for school or whatever but if you haven't, then I highly reccomend it!

*Prey by Micheal Crichton! Yeah, he's the same guy that wrote Jurassic Park (which is also a good book!). This was a really good book! It's part thriller and part science fiction. It's about these nanoparticles that escape and are preying upon animals and humans. They were made in this lab (XYMOS) and they nanoparticles were made with bacteria (or else it would take as long as trillions of years to produce only one) and were made for the Pentagon and military. They were being made to be tiny cameras that could spy on the enemy and such. Anyway, I only just finished that book a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

*The Bumblebee Flies Anyway by Robert Cormier. Yeah, Elijah Wood starred in the movie that was based on the book. It's about a boy named Barney who is in this building and is tested on for memory. Yeah that is all I'm going to say about it except for that he starts to expect some things and then find out something very disturbing. It's also a really easy read and I finished it in one sitting! I didn'd even realize that Robert Cormier wrote The Chocolate War until after I read it. I think it was a kind of mystery, so good for people that like "that kind of stuff".

*It by Stephen King. It was one of my favorites of Stephen King's works (and that's saying something!). I thought it was really thrilling and totally freaked me out! I couldn't even read it at night, it was so bad (or shall I say good?). The book is about this clown that the kids called "It" because it was sort of a shape shifter and appeared as different things. Part of the book is all the people when they were kids and how they first encountered It. Then the rest of the book is all of the adults who used to be kids in the other half of the book have to ban together to defeat it. Yeah, it was a real thriller!!

Well, there are tons of other books that I really loved which I will post later because I think that I've written enough about the mere 4 books above that I reccomended! Happy reading and hope i could be of some help .

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by luvlijah]
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:29
for my part:
**Memory Sorrow and Thorn- Tad Williams
This is a three volume series... well, not really series, but more a single story in three volumes, and i can see why they had to split it up, cuz each volume is 700 pgs plus... the third is about 1600... and it tells the story of Simon, a kitchen boy who turns out to be more than a kitchen boy... i won't give it away, but he gets pulled into a war that will rip the land apart, and there's some tolkein connections (i.e., the Sithi are a people similar to Elves, and some other stuff... but not so's u'd notice... i didn't, until i'd read his admittance of guilt at... not copying, but imitating some ideas... )
-The Dragonbone Chair (1st book)
-The Stone of Farewell (2nd)
-To Green Angel Tower (3rd)

*Otherland series- Tad Williams
Another rather long story, say, four thousand pages or so, but it tells of Rene's search for her brother, who's lost in what can only really be described as a virtual reality computer game...hard to explain... but he's in a branch of the VR that has really super duper security, and she's being hunted and yeah... it pulls from some myths and legends, because the VR is based on simulations of our world, but modified... as in, Egyptian mythology has been made a world, and there's one with really really big bugs and little little people, and at one point, one of the characters becomes achilles, but he dies in that form and comes back and i'm shutting up now so I don't give the whole conclusion away.

**The JoyLuck Club -- Amy Tan
One of those great for school projects cuz teachers seem to love it books! it tells of a series of chinese immigrants in the 1950s in america...the differences between the mothers and daughters

(for what people have said before:
Outsiders: Good, but i sorta remember it mostly from having to read it in sixth grade
Prey: Advice- Don't start this book at ten at night! I was up till four in the morning, the day before I had to cook a huge dinner for a family celebration... scary, sorta, but slightly Crichton-formulaic
Tamora Pierce: VERY VERY GOOD!!! the alanna series, the circle of magic series, the circle opens series, and the Kelandry series... i think that's all
**The Riftwar Saga and "... of the Empire" trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Raymond E. Fiest and Jenny Wurts, respectively
The Riftwar is a war between two fantasy worlds, umm... *can't remember names of worlds*... ne way, homes of the Tsuranuanni, a warrior people that try to take over the home of the... *can't think of name of world again... or people..* OH yeah! Kingdom of Isles... also deals with a larger evil trying to take over... and the "... of the Empire" is written on Kelewan, of the Tsuranuanni point of view... lots of politics very well explained here
--Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master (released in both two volumes and one called Magician)
--Silverthorn
-- The Battle of Sethanon

**Dragon Prince and Dragon Star series:
some verrryy minor copying from tolkein (main character is named Rohan but I think that's all) and it tells of dynastic battles between basically good and bad dynasties, with good and bad magic people too! By Melanie Rawn

**Exiles, by Melanie Rawn
Three sisters, one good, one bad, and one magic... well, all three magic, but good can't use hers... and *attempts to explain* *fails*... ne way, i thought it was really cool cuz it's set in a matriarchal world, and it was just a little mind twisting, cuz it's so different from ours... Again, somewhat dynastical, as in, bad sister followed her bad daddy, and her son's following her (*WARNING: If you don't want to end two books on a cliffhanger, don't read these until "The Captal's Tower" is released*)
--The Ruins of Ambrai
--The Mageborn Traitor
--The Captal's Tower (forthcoming)
(I edited to add the Riftwar and Empire series... Wulf, did I forget ne thing? as in... I think i forgot the second book of Riftwar... ne one else know?)
(and then edited again to add Dragon Prince, Dragon Star, and Exiles)

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by glory2glorfindel]

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by glory2glorfindel]
Wulf_Sternhammer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:40
I am also an avid reader, who especially enjoys Horror, Fantasy, and Sci Fi. Heres a few i like.

Clive Barker (see my post)

The Riftwar series by Raymond Feist, a good mix of fantasy and epic battle action.

The Deathgate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman, a different view of Dwarves, Elves, Humans, and Dragons, as well as fantasy and magic.

Saga of the Exiles by Julian May, A temporal twisting Sci Fi Fantasy.

Anything by Douglas Adams (see Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy thread).

I could go on and on but I best let someothers have their say.

Live and love
Wulf.
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 08:57
Well, I love to read, but especially S/F and fantasy. Here are some recommendations:

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - This is probably the funniest book I have ever read. It's quite long though... so don't start it just before you have to go out somewhere!

The Belgariad by David Eddings - This is a series of books that I think would really appeal to LotR fans. It's quite similar to LotR but a little easier to read. You get really into the world and all the characters.

A Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan - Life-changing stuff. Kind of difficult to read, but well worth it... You won't ever forget it if you read it.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. If I think of any other particularly good ones I'll add them!

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by RachieAchie]
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 12:10
Tamora Pierce: VERY VERY GOOD!!! the alanna series, the circle of magic series, the circle opens series, and the Kelandry series... i think that's all

You forgot the immortals and trikster's choice (new) They really are that good. I've read all her books but one, Shatterglass (I wasn't allowed to buy it:cry

Well, I love to read, but especially S/F and fantasy. Here are some recommendations:

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - This is probably the funniest book I have ever read. It's quite long though... so don't start it just before you have to go out somewhere!

The Belgariad by David Eddings - This is a series of books that I think would really appeal to LotR fans. It's quite similar to LotR but a little easier to read. You get really into the world and all the characters.

A Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan - Life-changing stuff. Kind of difficult to read, but well worth it... You won't ever forget it if you read it.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. If I think of any other particularly good ones I'll add them!

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by RachieAchie]

I have to reinforce Good Omens and The Belgariad, they are great. Good Omens is very funny.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by tuttleturtle]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 01:04
ah book... one of my fave topics

trilogies and more...

some fave series' of books that i would highly recommend.

The Dark Tower - Stephen King- before you think to yourself "im not a horror fan" and refuse to read any more... just hang on- this isnt horror. At least not classic horror, its fantasy. (and very hard to explain) Its set in a world like ours, but not ours, a world very close- it follows the quest of the last gunslinger to reach the dark tower and save (or destroy) it. uh that explaination sucked, alli can say is that its the best of Kings works, and hes done alot of good stuff.
- the gunslinger
- the drawing of the three
- the wastelands
- wizard and glass
- wolves of the calla
- song of susannah (published in june)
- the dark tower (published nov 2004)
(other related books are "insomnia" "hearts in atlantis" "salems lot" "talisman" "dark house" uh and more... )

Farseer trilogy, Liveships trilogy, Tawny man trilogy- Robin Hobb- 9 wonderful books. the farseer and tawny man trilogies deal with the character Fitz, a young royal bast*rd who trains to be an assasin. The liveships is set in the same world but with a whole host of differnt characters. all the books are worth a read, especially the farseer and tawny man trilogies. Robin Hobb is a great writer!
- assasins apprentice
- royal assasin
- assasins quest
- ship of magic
- mad ship
- ship of destiny
- fools errand
- golden fool
- fools fate

Discworld - ah well, terry pratchett, i hardly need to say more do i

His Dark Materials- Phillip Pullman- kids books, but worth a read, there was a great fuss made about them when they were released... and they are well written, set across three worlds, lyra and friends become part of an epic battle to remove religion altogether...
- northern lights (golden compass)
- the subtle knife
- the amber spyglass

single books

good omens- terry pratchett, neil gaiman - i can only echo what the others have said about this, even if your not a fan of pratchett normally, this book is wonderful- funny and clever and unputdownable... gives a new spin on good and evil.

neverwhere- neil gaiman- set in an alternative london, gives you a new view of the street people. a great book with some clever word (and world) play.

From the corner of his eye- Dean Koontz- this isnt really horror either, its quantum physics! (but in a very explainable way ) if your a regular reader of my journal you will have heard me quote bits of this book. its basically about just how widely our actions affect others.

well that will do for recommendations from me i think. read them all, i promise you wont regret it!

ladyeowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 04:00
Utopia by Thomas More, this book is hard to read its not a really good beginers to reading book but it is a fun book to read. it takes a while, you have to think about it as you read cant just read but it is still great. you have to like old books and be able to know what they are talking about.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 04:08
I've heard of Utopia, and my humanities teacher recommended it
and I heard of/read some of the other ones, that's just the last one.

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by tuttleturtle]
Wulf_Sternhammer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 02:20
Quote:
neverwhere- neil gaiman- set in an alternative london, gives you a new view of the street people. a great book with some clever word (and world) play.

I've read this one as well, thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a BBC mini-series made on it a few years back. I only saw the first one, it was that that got me reading the book. I have always wondered how it compared to the book, so if anyone has seen it and read the book, please do a comparitive review here for me. Appreciate it.

Live and love
Wulf.
greenleaflove
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 11:00
I will read anything. If you like a good laugh (this is for you girls) then read Georgia Nicolson Diaries by Louise Rennison. There 4 books altogether.
few boks that I would also recommend are:

Witch Child- by Celia Rees
Sorceress- by Celiea Rees
The Raging Quiet- by Sheryl Jordon
The Lovely Bones- by Alice Seybold
Lucky- by Alice Seybold.
Harry Potter (all 5)- J.K. Rowling
Lucas- by Kevin Brooks
Coram Boy- by Jamelia Gavin

and more................
lisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 08:33
I as well am a big book fan. some of my faverites are:
DUNE, by frank Herbert- if your up for a whole world of si-fi read this book. it will blow your mind. its one of my faverites. be pepard for a whole new universe to learn about. the man who wrote that had just as big of an imagination as tollkin!!!!

another good one is
Out Of the Shadows, by siggmond brewer- this is a merder mystery that realy leave you on the edfe of your seet

Hamlet- an oldy but goody!! i love this playwrite. such a deep tragic story. if you can get past the old english you will love it

robbinson crusso- if a shipwrecked adventure is your thing you will enjoy this one.

of corse anything by stephen king, some of my faves are: it, the stand, cycale of the werewolf, dreamcacher,carrie!!!

of alll the books here the one that i reccomind most is DUNE!!!! that book kicks butt!!! i hope you like=)
thanks

tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 11:29
for Dune, I'm going to read it when I get around to it.

Recommendation: Do NOT see the movie, it is not good, especially if you've read the book (I was forced to for school)
lisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 12:42
What dune movie did you see? the newer one is much better thatn the older one. but wait until youve read the book! it is the best of all=)
i hope that you enjoy=)
thanx
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 12:49
we have a topic in the palantir (probably a couple of pages back) about dune, please post your discussions of it in there... and try and keep this topic on topic. thanks!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 11:22
Mill on the Floss by George Elliot
I know, the title is a bit odd. This incredibly sad and tragic story revolves around Maggie Tulliver and takes place in the mid 1800's. That's all I can really say about it. You can read a better summary here. It's one of my favorite books.

Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott
By the author of Little Women. Jack and Jill went up a hill... Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after...
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 07:00
so a couple more books i love...

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.. its hard reading to start with, but once you get into it the story is wonderful. My favourite book of his (the only one i have managed to get into actually) with a great ending. I would love to discuss it with some people here, so everyone get reading

Hamlet ack no! not shakespere!! that was how i always thought anyway. till i read the quote "to be or not to be that is the question...." i mean actually read it, and understood it, then i thought to myself... this hamlet sounds ike an interesting chap. So i bought a £1 copy of the play and got reading... i love the story its great- i havent gone in for any analysis because thats realy not my thing, i just read it for the story and liked it.
if you can get past the language its a good story!
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 08:53
so a couple more books i love...

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.. its hard reading to start with, but once you get into it the story is wonderful. My favourite book of his (the only one i have managed to get into actually) with a great ending. I would love to discuss it with some people here, so everyone get reading

Yes, It can be really hard to get into but is good once you manage that. Many good classics have that true about them. (recommendation: spend the time to picture it all, some parts you will burst out laughing in if you think about it enough)

I also recommend Watership Down.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 09:46
oh completely! i forgot about watership down, i dont think ive read it in two years or so... wonderful and very sad.

uh..we seem to have rather simelar taste in books
ElvenWytch
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 10:00
You forgot the immortals and trikster's choice (new) They really are that good. I've read all her books but one, Shatterglass (I wasn't allowed to buy it:cry

Oh, actually Shatterglass is my favorite of the Circle Opens quartet. Mostly because Tris was always my favorite. It is really good if you get a chance to read it. Trickster's Choice is actually my favorite of her books, I love the characters.

Anyway, in addition to Neverwhere I'd recommend American Gods and the entire Sandman series. They're extremely addictive.

Also,
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Neither the movies nor the musical can give you any idea of the heartbreaking richness of Hugo's prose. It really is incredibly beautiful and definitely worth all 3000 pages.
The Oracle Glass by Judith Merckle Riley.
Incredibly well written historical fiction about the lives of fortune tellers and witches in Louis X's France. I loved all of the characters and the setting is impeccably researched and real. It also has a gripping story and excellent imagery.
Tithe by Holly Black.
My all time favorite faery tale. It's set in today's world and is utterly brilliant. It's a very dark and dystopian book and extremely good. I love it.

Also, I must concur that anything by Terry Prachett is well worth reading. I've read every single one of his books and loved them all.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 10:09
Ok, 4 people here have recommended something by Terry Pratchett, it seems people like humourous fantasy
recommendations
Douglas Adams's books
Robert Aspin's Myth series (3rd one Myth Directions)
Piers Anthony's Xanth books

of all these Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams are the best in my opinion.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 06:43
I love Hitchiker's Guide that's great. I also love Shakespear although my favourite is Othello.
Soem more:
Captain Correlli's Mandolin: A beautiful, beautiful poignant book that really makes you look at humanity and war. It is a book that says that war is pointless showing the humanity of both sides and the fruitlessness of war.
Any Harry Potter Book: many people turn their nose up at these books because they consider them to be childish but I beg you pick up one of the books and I dare you not to be captivated by it.
Nauma
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 07:19
How about Paolo Maurensig?

Canone Inverso- psychological fiction (read: messes with your head) about two violinists. Out of print, I think, sadly, but your library might have it. I think this one's a must for musicians, and very good reading for anyone else. Kind of dark, though.

The Lüneburg Variation- many, many, many layered story about the intertwining lives of chess players. This one is *good*. Also kind of dark.

And this is completely unrelated, but I just have to put in a plug for Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, which is required reading for females under 25. Just read it, it's good for you, and a very good book to boot.
Avarlondien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 09:28
I am not sure is any of you read books by George R.R.Martin, especially the Song of Ice and Fire series. By nw it has 4 parts and a lot of characters. It is great. If you like Tad Williams, I am sure you will like this too.
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 11:42
Well, I jsut read The Giver. I'm sure you have all read this, but it's an excellent book. It's about this utopian society were people are assigned families and jobs and stuff, and the main character gets a really interesting job. I don't exactly know how to describe it, but anyone who hasn't read it I highly suggest it.
Nauma
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 11:54
And as a follow-up to The Giver, try Gathering Blue, also by Lois Lowry. It's not a sequel, but it's in much the same style, in a community completely different from Jonas's in The Giver. Definitely worth a read, and one of my favorite pieces of young adult literature.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 12:46
There're many good books I can think of, and some have been said already:

Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time series

Tad Williams: Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series

Tad Williams: Otherland series

Raymond E. Feist: Riftwar series, Serpentwar series, etc. (but they are all connected, so it is good to read chronologically. I thoroughly enjoyed his works!)

Sara Douglass: Wayfarer Redemption series

Frank Herbert: Dune series (though I think they start to drag as you get into the later books; the first few books were excellent.)

George R.R. Martin: Song of Fire and Ice

Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman: Dragonlance series, Death Gate series, etc. - many, MANY interconnected books in the Dragonlance series!

Eric Lustbader: the Pearl saga (1st book: the Ring of Five Dragons)

Terry Goodkind: Sword of Truth series

Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory: the Obsidian series

Robert Silverberg: Majipoor Cycle (not the best, but good)

Sarah Ash: Tears of Artamon series

Terry Brooks: Landover series, Shannara series

David Farland: Runelord (sp.?) series - I think they're making a movie of the 1st book

That's it in the category of fantasy, for now.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 12:31
yeah, Otherland is great....after LotR my fave book, and I haven't even finished reading it!
Em_Elvenlady
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 05:43
Tamora Perice- Alanna Series, Immortal Series, Protector of the Small Series, AND (lol) Trickster series.

Garth Nix- Sabriel, Liriel, and Abhorsen

Mercedes Lackey- Joust and its sequel, Alta (both about dragons, which I love!!!)

Elizabeth Haydon- Child of Blood Series (Rhapsody, Prophecy, Destiny, and Requim for the Sun)

[Edited on 13/3/2004 by Em_Elvenlady]
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 11:14
I want to recommend a book that would appeal to all lovers of the Civil War. It's a really[b][/b] good book!!! It's about a boy that looks for his older brother that's fighting in the battle of Gettysburg. I just finished it today. It's name is Private Captain
mirkwoodfolk
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 04:48
Good Books
ummmm:
The prydain chronicles by Lloyd Alexander
There are 5 books, here they are in order

the book of three
the black cauldron
the castle of llyr
taran wanderer
the high king

they are based on welsh legends and characters. there are small but if you read all 5 together(sold together sometimes) it is really good.

And the outsiders is awsome. i think it was writen by a 16 year old?

but like tolkien and his friend, when there wasent any books they wanted to read, they wrote the kind of books they liked.

and i havent read it yet but i heard 1984 was good, Same as beuwolf.

And best for last,dun dun dunnnn "green eggs and ham"
!first book i could read!
there, now go read them all
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 05:03
1984 is good, so is brave new world, and so is We...those three are the major distopia books

LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 06:16
I would like to recommend a book I'm reading now for all you lovers of fantasy and myth: "The Mabinogion Tetralogy" by Evangeline Walton. I know the title is a mouthful, but it's marvelous. It's a set of tales of medievel Welsh mythology; very well written. It's a nice, fat book to lose yourself in. (published by The Overlook Press.)
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lozadora
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 10:45
I'd agree about the Harry Potter books, extremely well written but often over-looked, also

*The opposite of chocolate* By Julie bertagne and

*Stargirl*Jerry Spinelli

Both absolutely brilliant books!

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by Lozadora]
Pads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 05:31
I also highly recommend:

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - I know, they've already been listed, but they are really really good books with a very captivating and also controversial plot, and I like the way he pictures some things (i.e. the church...). I also like the Sally Lockhart Trilogy (also by Pullman), which is some victorian crime fiction. They are fun to read and entertaining with charismatic characters.

Making History and other books by Stephen Fry. He writes very funny books, great humour, absolutely worth a read. I have to add that you shouldn't be a homophobe if you read these books, because the author himself is gay and he also writes about these things.

For german readers, as I don't know if he's been translated into English: Anything by Ralf Isau - a great fantasy writer. My favourite is 'Der Kreis der Dämmerung' (The circle of the twilight - it's probably called different, it's only my literal translation).
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email