Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: "Sons of the Woodland King" OOC Discussion
on: June 02, 2004 08:18
Ok here are our dresses

Andorien's dress

Novfenien's dress

Here's my brother's garb.

If Andorein's is too revieling please let us know. We can pick another one. We will head back to the gardens in a few.

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by Melilot_Bolger]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 10:55
How hard is it to find good pictures of male elves!!!! It drove me crazy looking for something suitable! :dizzy: so as a result I have this picture, but its only half of one, so the rest you will have to rely :rolleyes: on my description ......

The way I see the rest of his outfit is this. From the waist is a long flowing robe/"skirt" in white ,split from the waist embroidered along a band of silver with the same pattern as the black chest piece down the front on either side of the split and continuing on down around the hem.A black sash at the waist, black leg ins and knee high black leather boots ~ does that sound ok? :dizzy: Should I change something? :feedback:

Now as to Dior, I have an outfit picked out, but its very flamboyant, lol then again it suits him I think .....Im just considering it a bit more before I post it here.....hmmmmmm he is wondering if it would impress Novfenien
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 07:06
Everyone: Bad news. For some unknown reason, I can't post replies in the thread. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm going to try to report it if the internet and computer cooperate. I do have a post ready and saved on-disk, so I'll post it as soon as the problem's fixed. Alcarinque, my post ends with a knock on the door that I assume will be you. I'll get it up ASAP so you can post. So sorry for the delay everyone!:cry:
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 07:33
*gasp* Meliot.... you MUST tell me where you got those pics!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 08:10
Oops...I posted this thing where Alcar goes into Caerwyn's room without reading Niere's post here first...-_- stupid stupid me...I really do need to get with the program. Niere, I'll edit it later after you manage to post, sorry!

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by alcarinque]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 10:14
GOLDY! You didn't say WHICH guy was wearing that outfit & Mel & I were nearly fighting over the idea of whether I'd (as Nevna) see Fae in that or she'd have Dior! LOL! She wants to see Dior now!!

And I like the insect theme the girls of Lothlorien have going - butterfly on one, dragonfly on the other!

Meanwhile, my quiet musician Minya has her gown to show off. Her mask is a face-covering swan head mask that we made in the Craft Hall, complete with jeweled veiling. The light parts of this gown are near-sheer lace. Hope Faevaethor likes the view!

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by Narulothwen]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 11:02
Oops sorry Naru, the above outfit is for Faevaethor,I should have made that a little clearer :blush:

This is what Dior will be wearing......same deal. Once again I could only find part of a picture. I have decided against the flamboyant costume I found and gone with this one instead.

The robe of course is long and flowing and the gold embroidery continues on and down around the hem line. The white tunic underneath will have the same gold trim as the sleeves around the hem line. He will be wearing leg ins the same royal blue colour as the robe, and of course , knee high boots. Sound ok Mel?

Naru that gown sounds quite daring all that sheer lace..... lol I like it. Im sure Faevaethor will like the view, but Im also sure his eyes will be firmly fixed on Nevna

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by goldberry]
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 12:32
*gasp* Naru, where did you get that pic?
Nessima
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 07:24
Hey everyone! you dresses and stuff all look sooooo lovely!!
Anyway city. i just wanted to say i loved your last post. when you were describing sidhon's feelings i could hear myself going "AAAW!!!" it was so sweet! anyway im off to the balll mwahahahha:love:
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:43
I'm really sorry you guys. I am crying with frustration and anger. :cry: I still can't post in the thread. I told Rivka about the problem, but her advice didn't really work. City, I'm going to PM you soon to ask for some assistance. Alcarinque, can you please be patient for another day or so while this gets figured out? And does anyone know why HTML is off? I think that may be part of the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. :cry:
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:19
aw, poor Niere :hug: you post looked just fine in the rpg thread...

Tazz: is Coru ladyless and available?

here is what my new she-elf [Cara's younger sister] Simbelmynë is wearing:

if it is too revealing, let me know, I have back up just in case!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:27
Hey Niere, are you trying to post by copy-pasting? If so and you can't get it loaded, you might want to try going to a different computer with a different server, or else convert between writing programs. Since you seem to be able to post manually typing, there isn't supposed to be any problem... :twitch: but I wouldn't know, this is all the advice my computer geek has...she says unless you're using html in the document, which she doesn't think you are, you shouldn't have any problemos with the html off thingy. Anyway hopefully you'll get through soon! :hug:
Also, I know I posted a picture before, but I htink I prefer this sari...ImageExcept it would be a gold material to match Alcarinque's eyes, with silver bands.

[Edited on 4/6/2004 by alcarinque]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 01:13
Mithelril, thanks for thinking I should get to be the royal family with you. Eliora feels so loved. :love:

Hello! Calling all eligable bachelors at the ball! :wave: Valendil is the only guy who Eliora has met yet (Tueth, you don't count because your her cousin and I don't like the idea of cousins falling in love :nono: ) So all male characters, feel free to introduce yourself to Eliora. It'll be more fun if there is competition. Plus, with only one guy who shes met, how will she ever believe that it is love? So, please meet her!

Also, all of Eliora's cousins. Eliora is dying to see you again, so at one point or another in the ball, she is going to find you (or you could find her, either way, she really misses seeing Legolas, Gelir, Mirion, Arvellas; Tueth, she's already seen you, but hey, she'd love to chat some more!)

Anywho, that's all. See you all at the grand birthday ball! :disco:

[Edited on 4/6/2004 by musicalgal123]
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 05:25
Musical, I would be glad to have Athdar run into you! He's not excatly with Caerwyn at the moment, though he might like to be, he is still undecided. That and the fact that I'm not sure how Caerwyn thinks of him.

Niere, I hope you get everything to work! *hugs* we miss you!

Has anyone heard from Ireth? I thought she was suposed to get back this week :cry: I miss her! *sniffles*
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:16
HEY I HAVE RETURNED!!!

Vane, you are such a sweet gwethil...I missed you while I was gone as well...as I did all the rest of you .

Thanks to all who helped keep my characters involved in the story, mostly to City and Vane, but to everyone else who helped too. It was great to come back and find that my guys were still involved. You all did wonderful jobs.

I will resume control of my boys now ASAP, I have to get everything straight in my head about where they all are now, so I will begin posting again soon.

As for costumes, I am glad that in desiding for the princes to wear the same kind of outfit that one of my lords was taken care of for me *BIG SIGH* It is soooo hard to find male outfits that I liked. Though I must say, Tueth in indigo/purple...hmmm, most interesting, but I think I like it, dark like his preference, but something he is not over thrilled about.

For the others, the reason I did not leave anything before I left was because I had no idea what to do, not one clue. Gladly, upon my return I settled with the other two very easily and they are as follows...

For Finde, I believe I will indeed use the pic of the white shirt guy, with a few changes.
~ The shirt is not white, but gray with gold detils on it.
~ He is also wearing a long satin cape that is black on the outside and red inside. There is a gold clasp that holds it at his neck.
~ The black pants will stay along with knee high black boots
~ He still has the long braids in his white hair like in the profile pic with gold ties.
~ His mask is a simple black cloth mask that covers just the eye area and ties in the back (think zorro)

And for Aerandir, I settled for this one in the gallery with a few minor changes.

I mean of course, this guy in the blue up front. The changes..
~ The tunic does not go all the way down, but stops midway between waist and knee and has a silver belt (similar to the Legolas belt from the movie)
~ He is wearing gray breeches and short dark gray boots that come to just above his ankle.
~ His mask is much like the other ones that cover the top half of his face and has a band around to keep it on his head. The mask is the same color blue with silver around the outside edge and around the eyes, and some small silver viney-like detail that starts from the corner of his right eye and stretches over the right side of the mask but not the left.

Hope those descriptions work well enough for all of you. Can't wait to get this party started!!!

Real glad to be back, and see you in the thread soon.

CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:26
Niere: Your post in the thread looks fine to me..maybe it's just you who can't see it! But that won't do you any good either, would it? Image Anyway, I'll be more than happy to post for you if you PM the text to me. We're all starting to miss Caerwyn!

Musicalgal: Don't worry; there's plenty of time at the Ball to catch up with the family and meet more males! Image

TO ALL THE LADIES: Those are really very beautiful outfits! I'm soon going to run out of words and methods to describe how gorgeous the boys will be thinking the girls are! Hmm..I forsee lots of :drool: -ing and Image -ing ahead!

To Ireth: WELCOME BACK!!! :hug: We missed you! Image And just in time, too...I was starting to break down from the weight of so many characters. Now...I'm going to be sub-ing for Nya when annun goes for her vacation! Image
IMPORTANT!!! Image
EVERYBODY: Starting June 7th, summer is officially ending for me, and I'm going back to school. Image I take my schoolwork very seriously since I'm running for honors, so that means cutting back on my CoE time. I assure you, I'll still make time for this thread though, and I'll post at the very least twice a week. Image Hope that'll be okay. If it should happen that I'm unable to post and your character gets stuck with mine, feel free to use any of my characters just to nudge them a bit. I'm going to miss hanging out with you guys! Image You made this summer a real blast! But I'll still be around! Image

Oh, and my computer has also been evil to me these past few days, so if I suddenly disappear (hopefully not) without prior notice, that means it finally Image -ed me.

Hehehe...notice the new smilies? I'm having so much fun with them. Thanks for the link, Goldy! Image

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by CityofAngel]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 05:35
guys, i leave for toronto in the morning. :cry: city's taking care of nya (as she mentioned above), but if any of you want to talk with her for a bit, go right along. :naughty: i'm gonna be gone for two-and-a-half weeks....one week on vacation, one for a missions trip (we're meeting the youthgroup in pittsburg on the way home), and three days for a yearbook conference in charlotte. there will be some time between the return from pittsburg and leaving for charlotte (like a day), so i'll try to post something then. gah. i'm going to be so busy for these few weeks, but once i'm back, i'm basically a free woman (except in the evenings) until the end of july.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 06:43
City, is there a particular time for presenting GIFTS to the birthday boy? Mithlond has one, I know & no doubt others do. Maybe after dinner have a formal moment for presentations? (All those years in the S.C.A. are coming back to me!)

Too bad the "summer" in the north of the world is mucking with our fun so much! Everyone have a fun & safe time away from us. Post when you can. We'll save a dance for you!
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 06:49
YAY!!! *runs and jumps on Ireth and gives her a big hug* I HAVE MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, GWETHIL!!! :hug:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 10:18
ok, I'm finally back...
I feel so left out being the one without a picture to show for my chars! *apologises to Aruad and Fredía*
I just can't find any to suit them.. I have the perfect girl's outfit.. in my mind!! grrrr...
I'm afraid you'll just have to go by the description in my last post.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 02:23
Oh, oh! That's right, Naru! Thanks for reminding me! Mith would not be very pleased if I forgot about the birthday boy's presents! :evil:

Okay, I've decided that only the following will be required to present gifts to Legolas on behalf of their parents/families/homelands:

Fredia of Mirkwood
Hathien of Rivendell
Narulothwen, Nevna, Minya, Edwenion, Pencalben of Mithlond (as a group)
Andoreien, Novfenien of Lothlorien
Galvinuiel, Faevaethor, Dior of Rivendell (as a group)
Alcarinque of Rivendell
Melima of Rivendell
Rodwen of Rivendell
Alasse, Caradien, Simbelmyne, Valendil of Mirkwood (as a group)
Eliora of Mirkwood

Athdar, Finde of Lothlorien
Nestor of Mirkwood
Otherion of Mirkwood
Darthol of Mirkwood
Elrohir of Rivendell

Sorry if it's short notice! Hope you won't have problems thinking up gift ideas! Ask Mith for help if you can't figure out what to give. He'll know what he wants! Heehee..

For the other characters, there is no need to make formal presentations of the gifts, because status or position doesn't require it. If you really want to give Legolas a present, you can have them do that later on in the Ball, when the socializing and dacning is, in a personal setting (i.e., you don't have to make a speech/presentation in front of everybody; just hand it over yourself! *lol*).

Gift giving time will be AFTER DINNER and BEFORE the SINGING AND DANCING. :disco: The "master of ceremonies" will announce when it is time. Thanks!!!
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 02:23
WELCOME BACK IRETH! :hug:

edit: THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW CITY! :hug: I know exactly what my group is going to give Legolas *cackles evilly* :naughty:

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by elven_princess_of_lorien]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 08:23
I havent got a clue what to give the Birthday Boy! :cry: Help Mith!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 03:10
Mith! Help! :cry: I've been thinking about it for a while and still have no clue what to give my youngest cousin. Well, I have some clue, but a giant hug isn't exactly going to cut it. (I have no problem telling you that part, as it is almost a given since Eliora hasn't seen Legolas in how long) Just give me some ideas please and I'll use them to come up with something totally unique and surprisring. But please help :feedback:
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:42
CITY: Hope you won't have problems thinking up gift ideas! Ask Mith for help if you can't figure out what to give. He'll know what he wants! Heehee..

GOLDBERRY: I havent got a clue what to give the Birthday Boy! :cry: Help Mith!

MUSICALGAL123: Mith! Help! :cry: ...
Ah, gee, Mom! :dizzy: Like I've given this a lot of thought!
Shy bunch, aren't you? A big hug from a cousin is a nice gift, but I bet you have one for everyone!

Let's see, (this should be easy! I just had a birthday last Thursday...) I would like:
a new car...
free advertising for a month (for the store)...
a beach house...
my own set of free weights...

OH! You mean for LEGOLAS!
I think he'd appreciate things unique to your homeland, things that Mirkwood doesn't have. Anything crafted by your people, like weapons, armor, clothing, jewelry, trinkets, baubles, artwork. At times like these gifts aren't usually all that personal, I think. Like what presidents get when they travel abroad - stuff for the people, not themselves.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:54
Um, Mithelril, one little problem.

I think he'd appreciate things unique to your homeland, things that Mirkwood doesn't have. Anything crafted by your people, like weapons, armor, clothing, jewelry, trinkets, baubles, artwork. At times like these gifts aren't usually all that personal, I think. Like what presidents get when they travel abroad - stuff for the people, not themselves.

Eliora doesn't really have a homeland because she wanders around middle earth. The only place she can call her homeland is Mirkwood itself. I mean, I have no problem in having a new car given to Legolas, but I don't exactly know where the closest middle earthen dealership is. I'm not exactly the smart one in this kinda situation.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:57
Oh yeah, forgot to mention.

City, does the ball still need more guys? I have another elf character (male) I can bring in if you would like. He could be like a straggler because he doesn't exactly live near Mirkwood (he lives on the outskirts of Rivendell) His name is Gwanunig and he's not a Lord or anything, but if you need more men, he's sure to make a visit.
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 10:00
hehe... we need all the men we can get.

Mith- would Legolas mind being sung to?
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 01:10
Snail mail unnecessary. Posting complete. Thanks for your patience everyone! Love and Light,
-Niere
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 02:18
oh! and I nearly for got! I shall be leaving @ 4:00 am tomorrow for San Diego! I shall not be back until late sunday night or so. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Vane; I'm trusting you with Alasse since more than likely she will be spending most of her time with Nestor, but don't carry things too far ahead.

City; I'm trusting you with Valandil, Cara and Simbelmyne.

I shall be able to post tonight, but not for the rest of the week. I 'M GOING TO MISS YOU ALL!!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:13
Cousin Eliora, you can't tell me that you haven't picked up some unique something in your travels. You have been around non-elves & must have found something that might suit a prince who doesn't get out of the Woods much! Gelir was teasing Galvinuiel earlier about her ficticious "hobbits." We've never seen one! NOT that I want one as a present! Consider the crafts of shirefolk & men. Dwarves are still not too popular here, since that dozen or so invaded a few years back...

Legolas is quite fond of music & would love to have a song in his honor. He has quite a singing voice of his own, y'know.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 11:27
Musicalgal - All new characters are welcome, but male ones are more so! Just let me know all the details.

Niere - Welcome back, hon! Glad you were able to work things out. See you at the Ball soon!

elven_princess - Okay, I'll see what I can do for your characters.

Mith - Come on! I've already given you a chance to be spoiled and ask for whatever your heart desires! Take advantage! You might as well tell me what you want to ask from Mom and Dad, because I don't have a clue either! *lol*

*Sigh* I'm back from the first day of school and already I miss being a summer bum! :sob: Heehee...I should go post now...
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 09:27
Mith, of course I wouldn't bring back a hobbit, but I have seen them.

***Idea begins to grow in Eliora's mind. :evil: ***

City, Gwanunig lives on the outskirts of Rivendell. He isn't a noble, but he has a heart of gold. Most of the information about him is posted in the character profiles (If it isn't, I'll do it right now) The only thing you may need to watch out for is his temper. But, since it is a grand ball, it'll be much easier for him to keep it under controle. Which is a very good thing. Uncle Thranduil, if he does anything that makes you angry, go ahead and HIT him (preferably across the head and with something heard (like a sword in it's sheath) that'll get him thinking and he'll probobly shape up, but I promise that he'll do his best to behave. He he he (I like my characters better when they have a flaw, guess Gwanunig's) So, I think that at the moment he is mounting his horse to leave for Mirkwood. You should see him in no time.
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 10:11
Hey Mith, What does Legolas want from his older cousin?

I KNOW!!! :evil: He can have the pleasure of giving Legolas 2500 spankings :evil:

No seriously, I think we are ALL at a loss.

Great to have you back Niere!!! *huggles*

Don't worry, elven_princess_of_lorien, I'll talk good care of Alassë for you.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email