Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: "Sons of the Woodland King" OOC Discussion
on: June 07, 2004 12:04
Hello, this is just a quick notice beforehand. I’m going to be gone from June 22nd to July 1st, and on the days in between I will be completely alienated from internet services. :cry: After that until about September 3rd, I will only be on sporadically maybe once or twice every one or two weeks. I will be posting like a crazy woman at these times, but I’m afraid I might get behind. However, please bear with me until the new school year, and I promise I will make up for my dragging then. Feel free to drag Alcarinque around as with you (as a dumb mute if you can’t be bothered), or dump her back somewhere if necessary. Thanks!
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 07:06
Well Chleo and I have talked it over and we have picked our present. Not sure if I want to say but maybe i should so noone else gets him this. We will be giveing him his double swords. He had to have gotten them somewhere so we decided we shall get him them.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 08:46
Okay, I'm asking permission to bring in another character...
Don't worry.. only a minor one!
An elf maid, working at the palace. She has very low status. She'd be called Mair.
I'll bring her in once I get the thumbs-up!

I know what I'm bringing Legolas..
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 09:44
Legolas will gracious receive ANY gift EXCEPT that spanking!

I can only give hints. Let us assume that the bow, horse, travel clothing & stuff he takes to Rivendell in the near future are new. Let us NOT give him anything like the bow Galadriel will give him in person in Lothlorien.
With war on the horizon, new armor? Or will we use the stuff dad's already enshrined?
Duplicate gifts will be shared with the household.
Family may get personal & refer to old shared experiences (that you can make up or PM me if you have a thought you're not sure about). I'm thinking the youngest prince has not ventured outside the Woodlands but for that brief Battle of Five Armies where he saw little of Middle Earth, so no stories of our wild travels outside Mirkwood, okay?

My dance card has a name or three on it, but it is my goal to drag every eligible lady around at least once before the night is over... Do NOT be shy, girls!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gelir would like to remind everyone, especially the FEMALES, that HE exists & is available for dancing with a possible future of more than that! The birthday boy gets enough attention! As for Tueth & Arvellas - they are on their own! Don't forget - I'm the OLDER BLOND one!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 12:30
Mith,

I was thinking to get Legolas some Shire stuff. Like a small pipe and a little pipe-weed, a good stone (because hobbits have some of the best aim around when it comes to throwing stones) and a necklace (i had to tie them together somehow) with stones, shells, and seeds from all over middle earth. It all comes in it's own pretty dark blue bag with a silver cord. Does that work? Then he gets something from everywhere, and even though the gift is worth practicly nothing I'm guessing, to Legolas it would be one of those gifts that is worth more than the world. What do you think Mith?

Oh, and to my 5 royal male cousins. Do you think Eliora can have one dance with each of you? She hasn't seen you in so long and well, it would be a good oppertunity for her to see you. Gals, she's not trying to steal them, only be with her cousins for a moment.

Gals, the ball has a new guy! He is an elf named Gwanunig. Just to let you know, he has a wizard costume on (no beard) that way you'll be able to find him!
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 04:05
Ireth_elfmaiden : Your last picture is what I needed!!! The girl on the left hand side is viggosgals charecter. Go look at the bio pic. It's the same girl. I'm going to have her change the bio pic to that one!!! This is perfect!!! thanks so much.

Ok where I got my dress pictures was from Goldberry so you will have to pm her and ask.

Speaking of Goldberry: The pic of Dior's outfit is GREAT!!!!!!!! *drool*
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 04:57
Glad I could help Melilot_Bolger, even though I did not know that I would be.

musicalgal Tueth would love to have a dance with his cousin Eliora. You just have to make sure you pull him aside for it, because he already has to dance with Cara, Fredia, and Ereste at least, and I also think I want to steal Itarille for a brother, sister dance (that is if City and Tazz don't mind).
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 10:05
MGal123: Oh, and to my 5 royal male cousins. Do you think Eliora can have one dance with each of you?

Mith: My dance card has a name or three on it, but it is my goal to drag every eligible lady around at least once before the night is over...
Eliora, speaking for the younger two princes, of course we will dance with you! We've missed our little cousin, too! I doubt the other ladies will mind or be jealous of family.
I think you have a great present in mind. I think Legolas is curious about the world beyond their borders...

MOM, what is the seating order at the head table? Birth order? Where are you & dad? We would like to know who we're stuck talking to/glaring at until we can get up & move around.
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 06:44
Well Mith, I know I am not in charge, but as far as seating order, I would guess it is much like the order during the lunch party earlier.

That order went:
(Gelir–Itarille–Mirion–King–Queen–Tueth-Arvellas–Legolas)

FYI, the above was not easy to find either, spent near half an hour going through OOC and thread to find it. LOL, so much has happened everywhere.

Like I said though, that is just my guess. I would assume that the royal family always has positions they stay in. Now it is, of course, up to City to decide if she wants to put the birthday boy in a better spot.

I also wanted to take a bit of time to plug a new thread that might be in the works. It is being started by my dear gwethil EldarExilePrincess, and the name as of now is "Return to Thranduil". There is an OOC thread up right now with basic plot line and Princess is looking for people to join. So anyone out there who wants to join a new thread, please check it out. Already, I will be part of it as will Vane. So come join us and we can have another big fun thread like this one.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 07:36
Just a strange idea...can we have FIREWORKS??
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 12:52
anduril269 - Okay, just bring in your new character anytime! When you've posted for her already, then I'll add her to the listings.

Mith and Ireth - Yeah, I think we'll just go with the old seating arrangement.

Gelir–Itarille–Mirion–King–Queen–Tueth-Arvellas–Legolas

When gift giving and presentations time comes, Legolas will just be given a special seat...

musicalgal - Don't worry, as much as possible we'll try to get the princes to dance with ALL the ladies, at least the ones who are interested! :disco:

alcarinque - Fireworks does seem like a tempting idea! Isn't it something only Gandalf can do, though? Should we have Gandalf at the Ball, or will that pre-empt the events of the upcoming War/Fellowship? What do you think guys?
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 04:35
At least this time Arvellas will be in his seat! I get the hotseat for presents, huh?

As for fireworks, they do seem to be Gandalf's exclusive as far as the Shire knows... I had the feeling that Legolas knew the wizard before Rivendell, so MAYBE they have met!

I'm waiting for a few more posts before answering all the things happening as we entered. Can't wait!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 08:31
Ah, next Monday is the last day of school! And then it will officially be summer! ^o^ Of course, that has it’s downsides. Once again, you can count on me being stone cold dead from June 22 to July 1, and then after that I’m only somewhat back. If my character(s) get in the way, feel free to shove ‘em along or put them somewhere safe…if possible, please put some words in their mouths! Esp. City and Niere, if that isn’t too much trouble. I will definitely back around September when the new school year starts. Meanwhile, I will spend my last week with the computer *sniff* as productively as I possibly can!
As for fireworks! I think we could uh...drag Gandalf over...? Or else make it like he sent some as a birthday present with instructions on how to set them off.
Also, I will try to post tomorrow, it seems I've run out of time today.

[Edited on 14/6/2004 by alcarinque]
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 10:49
I'M BACK!!!! I MISSED YOU ALL!!!! :disco:

Vane: thank you for taking very good care of Alasse! :hug:

City: Thanks for caring for my other characters! :hug:

Mith: Okies :naughty:

edit: Gandalf at the ball sounds like an EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! that way Cara can have one other person there that she has eyes for... but who is going to rp the Grey Wizard? :feedback:

[Edited on 15/6/2004 by elven_princess_of_lorien]
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 09:39
Alcar: I'll do my best to keep up with you! You'll be doing at least some of your own posts, right? Because I don't think I'd do Alcarinque justice if I took her over for you. I'd be way too nervous that I'd screw something up.
City: I hope I'm not annoying you, but I have another question. Is it all right if Caerwyn sings one song at the ball?
That's all! Love and Light,
-Niere :disco:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 12:12
Hehe...yes, I will be doing a few posts of my own, but just wanted someone there to move Alcarinque along in case I get stuck :angry: (Darn ancient-computers-at-public-library-in-the-mountains). Thanks, Niere!:love:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 12:13
Hehe...yes, I will be doing a few posts of my own, but just wanted someone there to move Alcarinque along in case I get stuck :angry: (Darn ancient-computers-at-public-library-in-the-mountains). Thanks, Niere!:love:
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:35
City I have a small favor to ask of you. Since Ereste is suposed to be singing before the dancing could you wait to announce her until the 27th? Because I won't be able to post if you don't until then cause I'm going to be out of town until then. *gives you the 'sad puppy dog look'* Pwease!!!! *laughs* I hope its not too much trouble. If you cant wait till then, can we try and do it on the 23rd?

Also I thought I'd post the outline for the ball again so people wouldn't have to look it up like I just did. *laughs*

GENERAL OUTLINE OF EVENTS FOR THE BALL

1) Everyone Gets Dressed and Ready

2) Guests Arrive

3) King and Queen, Crown Prince and Princess Enter

4) Princes Enter in this Order: Tueth, Arvellas, Gelir, and (the birthday boy gets a special entrance) Legolas

5) Dinner and Conversation

6) Performance by Lady Ereste (and maybe others, just PLEASE let me know first!)

7) Dancing — Legolas gets the first dance, then the other members of the Royal family, then everyone else
(Mith, you’re going to have to choose one lady before the dancing starts! )

Do whatever-you-want!

ALSO, while I am gone, (June 24-27) I was wondering if the following people could take over my characters...

Ireth (Ereste), Niere (Athdar), and elven_princess_of_lorien (Nestor).

I hope it's not too much trouble. Please don't do anything crazy with them, at least not anything that I wouldn't do *winks at Ireth*. I'll be able to post up until the 24th through the 27th. So I'll see you guys later. *huggles*
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:55
This is it, guys, I’m out. School’s out Monday, but I hear the computers won’t be on then. So, I’m very sorry I couldn’t come up with one last post, but my friends want me to go to some going away party…anyway, I’ll be back as soon as I can!
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 11:43
I shall take good care of Nestor
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 04:07
okay, I have added Mair to the char database.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 04:47
City, just to let you know, Gwanunig has been dded to the character profiles.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 11:41
i have returned from the dark abyss known as vacation and missions trip! unfortunately, i leave again on monday. i'll try to post something tonight or tomorrow, but i can't guarantee anything. for now, i'm trying to get updated on what's happening in the thread. if anyone would care to give me a synopsis, that would be lovely.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 08:37
Vane: No problem! I don't think we'll be moving on to the singing part of the programme yet until you get back. I still feel the characters need to get more socializing and conversation done, anyway. PM me as soon as you get back from your trip, and we'll move on then.

Niere: All right, sure. Just let me know of your plan on how Caerwyn is going to get invited to sing for them. I'm just wondering if she'll be able to handle the pressure, seeing that she's uncomfortable enough as is just being there and dealing with Athdar's attentions. :love: Hehe...Vane, you're doing a great job!

anduril and musicalgal: Okay, I've added their profiles to the lists. :wave:

The thread's been going rather slow lately...don't be afraid to get up from the tables and move! :disco: Start hinting to the characters you'd like to dance with!
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 02:41
I have a little announcement..thing.

I need some help! Nuelda isn't really going anywhere and I don't know what to do! :banghead:

Can somebody's character go talk to her? I'd appreciate it.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 05:06
Nuelda, I'll see what I can do.

Everyone, I'm giving you all a 2 week warning so I don't forget. In about 2 weeks, I leave for a 3 week trip to Australia and New Zealand. I expect to have almost no internet acsess and definately no accses to CoE. boohoo. Anywho, during those 3 weeks, I'll need someone to post for my characters. Think about will ya. Thanks (City, I would ask you, but I'll probobly ask you in Amorith, and you already have alot to do.)
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 05:29
I have a better idea, musicalgal123 - TAKE US ALL WITH YOU!! (Well, all but Goldberry, since she IS an Aussie! ). Take lots of pictures to share the places with us, okay?

Mom, that getting up & moving - does it include us kids? Or are the princes expected to hold their places until later?
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 11:22
Hey Mith, I'm really getting used to this "mom" address!
You betcha that the princes are allowed to get up and socialize. In fact, they should. I'm going to have Mirion and Arvellas do that in my next post, which will hopefully be sometime this week. I am so swamped with work! :dizzy: Taking two writing classes this semester was a bad idea. :cry:

We'll miss you musicalgal! I'm sure the other players will be willing to care for your characters in the meantime. I would offer my services, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

Keep the thread going, guys!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 03:55
Ok, just to let you all know. I leave in exactly a week. Once I leave, I'll not be able to post for three weeks!!! So, since I want to stay in this amazing story, I was hoping that someone would take over my two characters. I hope that they aren't too hard for anyone. If you need help, you can always look in the character profiles and at the other rpg's that my characters are in. That may help you out as to how they act. (I warn you that Gwan is in only one other rp and it's completely different from this one)) I would ask City, but I don't want to give her more than she can handle with school and all. So, please someone help me out here!?!?!?! I love this rpg, can you help me stay in it?!?!?!?
Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 05:06
Hey ahs anyone seen Skylerelf? He was running Elrohir. My charecters have talked to him. Novfenien is suppose to dance with him but he has disspaeared. Does anyone know where he went to or if he will return? i kind of need him to psot. I've been ahving to walk around him for now.
Nessima
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 07:40
Hey everyone im really sorry i havent posted im having internet problems and everytime i try to post it disconnects...actually i hope this post will work *crosses fingers*

I am also going away soon as my holidays are coming up so i might have problems getting to the computer...sorry
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 06:38
Hey everyone check out City's themesong thread! I put in a song for all of us!
City and Vane: Did you guys get my PM about Caerwyn singing? I'd like feedback on that one, pretty please?
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 02:40
Where is her thread at? Please PM me a link.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 06:40
Meliot, it's under the regular "Roleplaying" catagory. It's there, trust me. Vane, when you get a chance, let me know what you thought of my idea for Caerwyn singing, okee-day?
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 05:50
Can I join as my own character, Aramir Rivenmist?
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email