Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: "Sons of the Woodland King" OOC Discussion
on: August 06, 2004 09:21
Ok, I've found time to post a bit.. but this will be the last for a whole more week... so please please could anyone any of my chars are intereacting with, just.. write for them a bit? Even if it's only a bit... heh..
Feel free to do what you like with them
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 03:41
To: ALL future dance partners (NOT family)
While dancing in my company I will be asking each partner a number of questions to get to know you. Your answers will help me determine who my bride will be! (That & the swimsuit competition ... JUST KIDDING, ladies - you KNOW how I am! PLEASE, no insult was implied, just a small joke, really, okay? lol)

Anyway, rather than post a list of questions in the thread everytime I switch partners, let us assume that I am asking you things similar to the questions below. You may just state your replies in any way you like OR quote each in your post and then answer. You decide which questions I'm asking you (AT LEAST FIVE of them, please) and you have the chance from now until we meet on the dancefloor to decide HOW to answer me!
I will, of course, be making personal comments to you myself, including thanks for the gifts!

*What have you found most memorable about Mirkwood? What do you like most about it?

*If/when I visit YOUR home, what should I do/see/experience? What are the "tourist sites" in your realm?

*If you were Queen of the Woodland Realm, what changes would you make in the kingdom: how might you improve it/what personal touches would you add?

*What do you think of my brothers and parents? Any personal obesrvations you would care to share - good or bad?

*Which lady here do you feel/believe to be totally wrong for me and why?

*Tell me something special/unique/personal about you that might motivate me to choose you as my bride.

*If I were required to leave Mirkwood for a long time (say a year or more), how would you react? How would you feel about the journey? What would you do when you heard the news? What would you do during the time of my absence?

*Be completely honest with me for a moment. Given that none of us is perfect and based on what little you know of me so far, what is my greatest flaw/ weakest spot/ area I might work on improving? Simply, what about me do you NOT like?

There you are, ladies. I hope this helps move the story along and inspires you all to some wonderful writing! I look forward to 'hearing' your answers soon.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Gelir, here. I just wanted to remind you all that I do exist! I do know how to dance and I'm older than the birthday boy, making me more experienced in many things! And, just for the record, I am the good-looking blond on the left (below).
P.S. That new Mithel-something is also around... Don't know what anyone sees in that dark hair & those dark eyes...
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 05:00
Hey all! I just thought I should let you know that I might not be on for the next couple of days. I am leaving for college on Monday and I have LOTS of packing still to be done. I don't know when I will get my computer up either, so it might be a while before I can get online again. I hope it would be two long, if it is and my characters start to drag, can someone push them along a little bit. Thanks! I hope to be back before that happens, but I don't know whats going to happen yet. *huggles to everyone*

elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 10:09
woah there Mith... how is poor Simbelmyne supposed to know WHICH questions he is asking her and what answers would be most in her favor?

and as far as Mithelril... :drool:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 10:41
*sigh* I'm so terribly behind,I have no idea how I'm going to catch up...I can't possible make all my internet rounds in 1 and a half hours,once a month. I'm out of timeagain,my apologies, but I promise next time this is first priority. Thanks foryour patience, if I'm trying anybody's.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 07:42
I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately! You have no idea how badly I've wanted to, but have been detained by applying for student loans and working 6 days a week. Ugh. Anyway, am going to post now. Vane, have fun moving! I'll watch Athdar for you! Hee hee! This'll be fun... Alcarinque, I'm so happy to see you! *huggles* Don't worry about Alcar and Caerwyn. It'll work just fine. I think City's been a bit busy too. Am going to post now.
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 05:28
I'm back from Las Vegas and my pockets are full of pocket lint, so I'm officially broke, on my spending money. Well, got the questions, elf not happy about invading her privacy. Still, she desperately wants her book back, so expect her to be looking at another certain elf.

Arrie: Shut up and I don't care if you are broke or not. Yes, it's true and so that makes Legolas the conversation starter. Expect me to be quiet and moping around like it's the end of the world. Bye bye!
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 01:20
Mo-o-o-O-O-O-O-o-o-o-MMM! We're waiting for YOU! :love:

musicalgal (Eliora), thank you for adding some spice to the dance! Image "my boys" are getting into the drama!

Aramir, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a dance partner if I were you! So far the gentlemen who've approached you have not been treated well.Image What man with any self-respect would go back for MORE of that abuse? Image = :banghead:
What man, seeing how you spurned the others, would risk having HIS ego kicked? :twitch:
Are you a royalty-only snob or something??? :nono:
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 02:19
*shrugs dejectedly* Don't know really. She doesn't like balls, yet she comes because her brothers reply for her. I'm not holding my breath. It's the elf's fault, not mine. Yes, blame it all on the elf who would rather spend her time in the Mirkwood library catching up on the work. If you would kindly read the post where a gentleman approached her, she was nervous to speak again to another elf, besides the men in Gondor.

Arrie: Yes, blame it all on the elf, will you?

And as I was saying, she hangs out in the library or the training grounds. Anyhoo, who in the world is Arvellas dancing with? The others are on, but who is he with? Not that I care for any guy who wants to approach her again, except for a few gentlemen she is accuquainted with *coughThorongilcoughMithrandircough*.

Arrie: Blame it all on me! Yes, I'm sarcastic and yes, a certain Gondor royalty has their eye on their book in the possesssion of Mirkwood royalty. So there, we've said it all and happy dancing to everyone:waves:...except me *hand falls dejectedly to side and sulks off to a corner.*
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 06:25
a certain Gondor royalty has their eye on their book in the possesssion of Mirkwood royalty.
? ? ? ?
To butcher a quote of Boromir:
Gondor has no royalty. Gondor NEEDS no royalty!

I am SO out of step here. I'm gonna go back and re-read & try to figure what that ranger of mine is doing & get the wizard up & around.

CITY! We miss you! Poor Aramir is lost until you post what Arvellas is doing! (Not to mention a lady in my family is trying to remain calm awaiting the same thing. S'ok, Naru. I might dance with you if no one else will! )

[Edited on 14/8/2004 by Gondren]
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 04:18
Obviously, Boromir is her younger brother, so he doesn't care for his adopted sister. Yes, I'm a tad mixed up too. Where are you City? We are waiting patiently except for...

Arrie: Me! Yes, blame it all on the elf. *sulk sulk*

And may I say, Gondor needs no king. Gondor has no king.

Arrie: That is true. Borri hates kings, since he wants to be Steward and to finally boss me around so badly.

And I think your ranger is talking right now, so maybe you can have him look for me, but without City, I am out of step here. Totally.

Arrie: Yup, blame everything on me and hope for a clear night everywhere... *rain starts to fall on her* except here in 'Moping Around Like It is The End of the World Corner'.

Approach the hopeless elf if you risk having your ego kicked. You may have a surprise. *winkwinknudgenudge*

Arrie: Blame it all on the wet and angry elf! Yes, will you? Hmm?
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 05:31
Mithelril, I was just trying to pull Eliora back into her character. No drama intended.
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:56
musicalgal123, intended or not, this will be an interesting development. Don't make it sound like you're SORRY for adding some spice the the events. My Mirkwood Mithelril is not opposed to comforting a lady in distress... You like a darker version of Legolas???

(A nice new place to do ALL sorts of role-playing! I know some of the mods there...), but still no post from my parents & brothers! I expect Ada to come claim a dance with his wife & free his son to do his father's will and find a bride!

[Edited on 28/8/2004 by Rivka]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 02:22
Mithelril, I'm not sorry for adding spice. I was just pulling my character back together. And, I'm not sure what I like in guys. I do know, that your newest character is sure gaining my drool! Dang, so hot.... At the moment, Eliora is leaning towards Valendil's heart, but he's really the only guy who at the moment she has gotten to know. Things could change. There is still a long night of dancing. Things could change.
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 10:18
Does anyone know where is the angry elf's missing book? She seems to miss it much.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 02:59
A few things.

Firstly, I won't be home next week. I'll be camping. I won't have computer acess, so if while I am away, someone could help me with my character, that would be greatly apreciated.

Secondly, I'm having trouble making Gwanunig seem to fit into the ball picture and still keep him, him. (I hope that makes sense) I'm going to try to pull his character back together. But if after the two dances that he asked for, i still can't seem to fix him, I'll have him leave for home. I'm hoping I can fix this though.

Other than that, I love this rpg. Eliora is so much fun to play! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Moondown
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 07:49
hey guys... I am back... I better start reading and catch up....
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 05:38
Hey, you guys! I'm back. I've missed you guys a lot. I should be posting soon. *hugs to everyone*
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 09:06
Sadly, tomorow I shall be leaving. I shall be gone for the week. Mithelril, since Eliora is with you, can you play Eliora in my absense? And if anyone wants to talk with Gwanunig, go right ahead. You can make him say just about water you want. It really doesn't matter to me right now. I'll miss you all and I'll come back as soon as I can.
Nessima
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 06:41
Im so sorry everyone i know that my updates are lacking life is just very hectic. Also sometime during this week we are getting a new network connection and unfortunately wont be back up again for a week. Sorry.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 11:54
Just read the PM from Mith, and I'd like to know why people might like to move the thread. I like it here! I don't wanna go anywhere! *realizes her voice is whiny and stops* Ummm. Sorry. But I'm confused. What brought this on? I'll post in the thread as soon as Vane does. Where are you? *looks forlorn*
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 01:27
Even I'm not sure. I am perfectly snug here at CoE and it will take a lot of my time to move everything around. Why not just stay here?
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 11:03
I sent Mith a message, but just to post here...I can't move away from this site. T-T The other one is blocked on my school server, and I'm also really busy with my blogring.
Er, if my character gets in the way, City, make her ...umm...best friend die or something.
Sorry!
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 01:29
Sorry, but I seriously need to change my vote to ,"I cannot go." My computer decided to conk out once I click RPGHaven... Just stay here, please? For the sake of those that don't want to move?
elven_princess_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 02:25
yeah... the web page isn't workingright at the moment for me.
Tazz
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 09:01
Hi everybody

I just heard from Goldy that the server is having problems. They have been maintainencing(sp?) it but the site is back up. So no worries, right? They sent Goldy a letter explaining that the site would experience some down times while they do whatever it is they do, lol.

Have some patience everybody.

[Edited on 26/8/2004 by Tazz]
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 09:49
Mith, here's the deal: I am certainly willing to check out the new site. But... (and here's the sticky part) I can't do it on my mom's computer, which is what I mostly use during the summer to post here, as my lovely PC has no internet access. I'm moving up to school next Friday, so I'll have my wonderful ethernet connection back. *cheers* Can it wait another week? *gives sad puppy eyes* Please? Just wanted to say also that I want to stay here. I like it here, I like the enviornment and the people... a whole lot. But I'll check out the site when I can use my own PC. 'Kay? Love and Light,
-Niere
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 05:20
You know how fast this drama is moving - with several going back to school now the posts are fewer. The story will still be going when you get settled into school & Caerwyn can dance the night away! I'm still here. We all are, we just happen to be elsewhere too! I shop @ more than one store, don't you?
And Haven has links to other sites. We're not "afraid of competition."

I have a thread called Whence came ye?, that says
NEW MEMBERS! Please be sure to tell us WHERE/FROM WHOM you found out about this site. CoE (Council of Elrond) members with different names here might tell us what you are called on that other Tolkien site. Thank you!
As one member said: CoE or Council of Elrond, is a huge Tolkien fan site. Thats where most of know each other from.

And Ireth told a newbie from elsewhere who asked: CoE (short for Council of Elrond) is a Tolkien fan site that many of us here are members of where we do other roleplaying and so much more.

Not a part of this site? Check it out Council of Elrond

Join us there, we'd love to have you

So don't fret, just get settled into school & get back in the action, okay?

~Mith (for 'himself' & Princes Gelir & Legolas)
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 07:29
Normally I'd edit any update into my last post, but this is so important I want it in a post by itself.

As Gondren mentioned in the thread, I'm dual-posting any posts made in Haven each day unless the posters do it themselves - like Gondren just did. That way everyone knows what's up on both sides. Both the story & the OOC will be kept current for now. OKAY?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mith - Posted: Aug 28 2004, 06:12 AM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record... MOM! Where ARE you?
I know - school. WE miss you & look forward to your first post in the new site.

Goldberry Posted: Aug 28 2004, 08:09 AM
Miss you too City.

I hope the rest of the gang from CoE show up, post soon - get things moving again.

[Edited on 28/8/2004 by Mithelril]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 10:59
Wait, I got the pm. But I'm not understanding what is going on! (by the way, I just got back from camping and it was one of the 25 pms I had waiting)
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 06:08
Okee-day... I've done it. I'm a member at RPG Haven, same name and character as here. :dizzy: I will be posting there as well as at CoE until everything gets sorted out about where we will be playing. Hope that works for everybody. :wave: Come back soon Alcarinque! I miss you! Love and Light,
-Niere :cheers:
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 06:11
I regret to announce that my schedule is not working out with RPG Haven, so I must stay here at CoE for the thread. Sorry!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 10:03
I'm still around.. but a mixture of school lessons, out of school lessons, and other activities are leaving me with very little time. That, and writer's block
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 08:30
:sob: I dunno... no one's around and posting in RPG Haven or here. Where is everyone? *listens to the echoing* Darn. et: I want to know where this story's going to go, and the suspense is killing me. Miss everyone! Love and Light,
-Niere
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email