Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
Aramir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: "Sons of the Woodland King" OOC Discussion
on: July 03, 2004 06:17
Hi! My character is Aramir Rivenmist of Gondor but I'm just visting Imaldris so I recieved the info. I'm late as usual, traveling cloak muddy. I hang out in the corners but can start a fight. To learn more about my character look at the character list under Aramir Rivenmist. :wave:
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 09:49
1)Musicalgal, I worst come to worst and no one takes your characters, I'll just do what I can to make sure they don't get left behind. No worries! You should just go and enjoy your trip!

2) Niere: I LOVE that song! :heart: It reminds me a lot of Caerwyn too. Athdar should really sing it for her.

3) Mel and Chleo: I don't know what happened to skylarelf, but I guess I can control Elrohir a bit in the meantime, just so you can move on with him or leave his company. I'll wait for your next post before I do that.

4) Everyone, please welcome our new player and character, Aramir! :wave: Please help her and all other new players who might come along jump in. I want new faces to keep coming, but they might get intimidated by how far we've already gone into the story. So please, just try to help them catch up.

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by CityofAngel]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 12:03
If you like, I'll take over Musicalgal's chars.. I'd volunteer straight away, but so far I haven't had much to do with them, and I'm afraid of getting something wrong..
Just enjoy your trip!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 05:19
Yayay! I don't have to worry about being left behind when I leave. I love you all and will miss you lots! Thanks City and Anduril
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 07:09
I leave tomorow. My last post for a while will be today. Thanks for taking my characters. I'll miss you all! Huggles to every one!
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 01:33
City: Are you and I colaborating for Alcarinque with her character? She hasn't been on lately and I said I'd include her with Caerwyn if I could, but I don't want to take her over. I don't think I could do her justice. :banghead:

Alcarinque: Are you going to be on again soon? Please say yes.
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 02:09
Oh City!! Question, question *waves hands in air*

Are we not supposed to give the gifts before the singing?
I thought that was the plan, just wondering.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 02:20
Ireth: Whoops!!! I did say that, didn't I? :banghead: I forgot! *dies of embarassment* Uh, let's just have it after the singing and then before the dancing, all right? Sorry for the confusion! I'm kind of out of it... :blush:

Niere: Hmm...I don't know when Alq will be back, but maybe we can just keep her character going between the two of us. I think you actually do very well playing her! But no worries, I'll help out.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 09:54
um.. just a cry for help here...
Aruad seems to be stuck on his own, and I can't find anyone to get him go run up to..
I'd move up to groups of chars.. but the conversations seem to be fixed ..

If there's anyone I missed out when I read the rp last, please tell me! Or, if anyone wants to talk to Aruad..

I'm trying to control musicalgal's chars, but if anyone wants to help, e.g. chars who Gwan and Eliora are talking to, please please feel free.

Nessima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:39
Hello everyone my internet is working properly again.. Im sorry i went away on holidays at the last minute..i will update ASAP!! im so sorry everyone please forgive me!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 06:07
Welcome back Nessima!
um.. just a point- Mair isn't on the character lists, but she is on the profile list. I know she's not a main char, but she is there in the background. I don't know if that was on purpose or not.. I just wanted to point it out

[Edited on 9/7/2004 by anduril269]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 01:39
anduril269, if you want to have Aruad speak to/ meet Galvinuiel thats cool. I know she is talking to Legolas and Andorien at the moment and that Anira has just come and introduced herself, he is most welcome to come and join them
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 08:39
AS one of Andorien's writors I see no problem at speaking with Aruad. Come join us!!!! Nothing's ever boring when you are in the company with a prince AND a princess.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 03:00
Hey, thanks guys! :hug: I'll do that in my next post
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 11:22
Aloha, everyone, I've returned. I'll be back this time around next week with a post, it's just that today I'm swamped by other websites, e-mails...that kinda thing. So anyway, it's nice to be back!
WAIT! Another thing...if the weather's bad here, they don't send the microbus out...afraid of mudslides or something. So if we get a storm, I won't be able to get on...T-T Just a heads up.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 07:44
Welcome back Alcarinque! :hug:
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 01:56
Alcarinque! :hug: You're back! :disco: So glad to see you! Anyway, this is just a little warning to Everyone: I'm having my wisdom teeth taken out at 8am tomorrow morning, so I may not be here for a few days, owing to general foul mood and pain in mouth. But, hopefully it won't matter enough for me to have to stay offline and in bed. Love and Light,
-Niere
PS. Vane? When are you going to post? I'm dancing around with impatience. In case that helps.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 05:41
Aw gee, I’m sorry you guys! I’ve missed you too! It’s no fun being restrained by the “schoolwork orcs” as you call them and then hit by writer’s block at the same time! Hopefully I’ll do better soon. Thanks for being so patient with me and with this thread! :hug:

Anyway, I'm working on my post now and I hope to have it up by around this time tomorrow. In my post, I'm going to start off the gift giving for Legolas, so you might want to prepare for that. Once again, the people who would be required to give gifts are the following characters:

Fredia of Mirkwood
Narulothwen, Nevna, Minya, Edwenion, Pencalben of Mithlond (as a group)
Andoreien, Novfenien of Lothlorien
Galvinuiel, Faevaethor, Dior of Rivendell (as a group)
Alcarinque of Rivendell
Melima of Rivendell
Alasse, Caradien, Simbelmyne, Valendil of Mirkwood (as a group)
Eliora of Mirkwood
Athdar, Finde of Lothlorien
Nestor of Mirkwood
Darthol of Mirkwood

I've subtracted the people who have left the thread or have not been very active lately. After my post tomorrow, I'll give you guys the rest of this week to post for the "gift-giving" portion of the evening, and then we'll definitely move on.

**Please wait for my post before starting the gift-giving!!!**

By Sunday, I'll put up a post that will start the dancing! :disco: Whoo! Get your partners and dance cards ready!

Thanks guys, and I'll see you on the thread tomorrow. Again, so very sorry for the delays! :wave:

[Edited on 19/7/2004 by CityofAngel]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 12:30
Anduril269 just letting you know that Im not ignoring Aruad. I have been waiting on Mith in particular to post, as well as Naru and Mel before I posted again.
Also I've been having problems with my server and havent been able to access the net properly for days :cry: :sob: Its working for the moment, fingers crossed it stays that way!

*HUGS* City :hug:

Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 06:14
Mel/my charecters have posted now so now it's Mith and naru. I'll bug them about it since i practicly live with naru and I can have Mel bug her uncle.
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 09:14
So everyone is waiting on me, huh? Well, wait no more, my ladies. I'm going to post now...
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:05
Okay goldberry, I wasn't worrying
lol Mith! you really gave Aruad what he deserved
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 05:06
*clears her throat* Alrightie, long time no see, I know. But, I'm back, what can I say? I can apologize, for one thing. So, please forgive me, everyone. And, also, as I'm so behind on Háthien's costume gown, I hope you all don't mind if I post it now. The costume is supposed to be an angel, I guess. And, yes, Háthien will have the white, feathered wings attached to the gown. Quite frankly, I don't know why I picked an angel for her to go as, seeing as how neither her nor I are of the heavenly variety. But anyway, here goes -

The gown -
http://www.jonathonart.com/ang2-x.jpg

And, the mask -
http://www.costumeshopper.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/56752.jpg
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 07:54
Greetings, all! It's not easy to type when your arm's been twisted so much, but here I am! Blame Mith for my joining. He has a plot -cleared with City- (Hey, girl! glad to see you in the Pub again!) that I now have a part (or more) in. Between him & the ladies in my family, I caved & here I am.

WHO I am/will be I'd rather not say just yet. Afterall, there is a costumed Ball underway & my entrance must be in keeping with that!

~Háthien_Oronar~ - could you please translate the bits of Elvish in your last post. In that area I am a dumb human. I know hardly any of the gentle speech, but would like to know what's being said. I need subtitles! Hahahaha. Thanks.

[Edited on 22/7/2004 by Gondren]
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 11:55
Welcome, Gondy! :wave: Always an honor to have another member of the "Naru family" in the thread! *lol* Looking forward to seeing you at the party!

That's all I can say for now since I have to rush off to get to class. I'll be back later with my post. (Missed the deadline again! Bad City!) :evil: Sorry for those who have been waiting! Just a bit longer, I promise!
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 08:48
Okay, gotta play confused new guy here. Could someone clear up a detail for me - what is the setting for this Ball?
Inside the palace? Out in the Garden or elsewhere? It will make a difference on my arrival.

As for my family connections, don't hold that against me! Hahahaha!

Bring on the gifts! I want to see that young scamp Legolas again!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:16
Certainly, Gondren, it would be my pleasure to translate it for you. Below our the translations, listed by order of appearance -

Mae tollen - welcome

sadron - loyal one

Thiach maer - you look good

Hope this helps, Gondren! :hug:

anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:19
Okay, Aruad is risking being in more trouble by bringing Mair into the ball. ( she is a servant, and wouldn't be invited )
His great/stupid idea is to lend her a spare uniform, and either she could pretend to be a he-elf, or she could be a maid dressing up as a soldier... it is fancy dress
Anyway, this came out of the blue, just when I was finishing my post, so.. it's not a very solid plan.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 03:34
Whoo-hoo! I finally posted! Now we can go on to the gift-giving, and when that's done, we can move on to the dancing! :disco: Hope everyone gets to give their gifts ASAP!

Gonden: The Ball is taking place in the Royal Gardens, behind the palace, near the training grounds and the forests (the safe area of it, anyway). It's supposed to be a really gorgeous location, kind of a botanical version of Rivendell. Oh, and I've added you to the list of players, but you have yet to tell me the names of the characters you'll be bringing in. But if you intend to leave it as a surprise, that's fine too.
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 07:46
Okay, Aruad is risking being in more trouble by bringing Mair into the ball. ( she is a servant, and wouldn't be invited )
Who says she wouldn't be invited? I thought ALL elven maids were invited & to quote myself (as Legolas):
"I think that rank and station should be overlooked this evening at least. Except in your case, friend Aruad. I hope you don't mind the fun I just had with you. Tonight we are all just members of the Eldar, Firstborn of Middle Earth. Enjoy yourselves! Do not be shy."
I am currently in the company of TWO children of handmaidens - Anira & Thalitalion. I care not, so who is going to make a fuss? Mom??? There is a childlike elf inside me squealing "PRESENTS!!!! GIFTS ALL FOR ME!!!" LOL!
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 10:43
Thanks for all the info, Háthien & CoA! I have made my entrance and all may now know that I am Gandalf! (Hold down the applause!)

I am also Thorongil, on file here:
http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&pn_uid=9479

Who knows who else may sneak into my posts?

[Edited on 23/7/2004 by Gondren]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 12:25
YAY ! Its good to see you back in the thread City! :love: Welcome back to ~Háthien_Oronar~ as well.

A big welcome to my favorite human ~ Gondren Hope you have fun in Mirkwood
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 01:51
This is Naru with the gift to Legolas:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 02:58
Thanks for the warm welcome, Goldberry! It's good to be back. :rolling:

And, I thought I'd post a picture of what Háthien's gift to Legolas is. I imagine you all have figured out that it's a horse, thanks to my post. So, here's what the meara colt looks like.

[Edited on 23/7/2004 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 07:45
Ok, Mith, I see your point I'm not alert enough.
I can still apply my idea though, just Aruad won't get into trouble - which is good!
Mair could have refused the invitation on the account that she hasn't got any gowns to wear.. etc...?

Nice pic, Naru!
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email