Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: September 13, 2004 08:58
"Carrey." She turned back to face the young Ranger, "I'm not going to say what's wrong with Fro, she may not want me to. Leave it at this. She may want someone to talk to soon, and my lot just aren't right for the job. Could... could you just be there for her, if she needs you?"
"Of course."
"Thankyou." Den smiled and took a sip of his tea, trying not to shudder as the medicinal taste hit the back of his throat.

In the living room Quen looked bemusedly at Fro as he worked out what had just been said.
"I don't know when Thon's coming back. It's good that Den's awake but i'll give him some time to himself for a while and tell Thon when he gets back. You do your thinking but don't go too far, I wont pry as to what its about. And Im glad to see that you are none the worse for wear for the past few days." He fired this off just as fast as Fro had done and gave a grin as she mirrored his previous expression perfectly. "Be off with you." He gently pushed her off of the arm of the sofa and watched her scuttle out of the door.

The Rangers had found a few more rotten posts in addition tot he ones they were to replace and, acommpanied by their own chatter and occasional visits from the Holieds with cake or maybe a mug of tea each the job was done in impressive time. They even restocked the woodpile with enough logs to at least make a dent in the coming winter.
"Thankyou again for that gentlemen." Dr holied chook thon's hand as they prepared to leave.
"It was nothing doctor. The least we could do in return for the life of our own healer." The Rangers packed up and marched out, again in no great hurry but each man was looking forward to seeing the comforting smoke coming from teh chimney of the Laughing Robin.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 01:04
Frodurien, aided by Quen’s push, hurried outside and found a soft patch of grass to sit on, and leant against the wall of the house. She would wait until the rangers came back out here, that way she would be able to talk to Thon, hopefully alone. As she sat there, she had time to think, which was what she desperately needed. At first she thought of what Den had said, and she choked. It felt like a large ball was coming up her throat the wrong way, and she tried frantically to swallow it back down. But it won the struggle, and she put her head in her hands and cried like a baby, letting her hot tears warm her face and hands. Her tears flowed like a waterfall, dampening the front of her dress. She cried until no more tears would come out. Then she felt ashamed of herself. How stupid she was, letting a mere possibility get to her, she was such a baby. But the tears had calmed her enough to think of what to do next.

She turned her face upward and soaked in the heat of the sun, and let a cool breeze play through her hair. At least he loved her, and the thought came into her head like a shining light at the end of a long dark tunnel. Suddenly she heard noises on the road. As she looked over, she saw a few rangers appear from around the trees. Then the rest came. It was a fairly large group, and if she didn’t know any better, she would have thought them all roughens. She laughed out loud as they came closer and she noticed what they were wearing. Why, Sorrel and Caramon looked so silly, tying a bandana around his forehead. They came up the walk and she ran down to meet them. Then she saw thon, she smiled so brilliantly, that all of them smiled back at her.

“Thon,” Frodurien said sweetly. “Could it be possible I could speak to you? Alone?” She added when a few faces turned curiously toward her. Thon nodded and she pulled his arm, Thon obediently following. “Thon, could you talk to your brother. Please?” She said, and a shadow of pain crossed her face, but she looked down and looked back up at soon as she was able to shake it off. “You are the only one that he looks up to, in your group of rangers. And it would make me feel much better if you were the one to talk to him. I can’t face him quite yet, I need a little more time before I shall know what to say. I can’t face him again, yet.” Then, to her horror, she realized what she had just said and she blushed scarlet. Oops, she thought, now I’ve done it. As she noticed the curiosity in Thon’s face.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 08:45
"Fro?" Thon crouched down as she looked away, blushing, "Has Den done anything or said anything to hurt you?"
"No, no. He was just being sensible I guess. But please talk to him."
"Of course Little One." He stood and strode into the Robin, past his comrades and straight into Den's room.
"Morning Thon." The younger man observed glumly.
"What've you been up to now?" Thon sat on his brother's bed, concern written all over his face.
"I told Fro how it had to be. I'm going to leave, I can't stay here all the time, my duties wont allow it. It would never work between us." He clenched his fists, "And how I wish that wasn't so!"
Deciding that Den was suffering enough Thon declined to mention Fro's tears and went right to cheering up mode.
"It may not be."
"What are you on about?"
"Well, Carrey came up with an idea that could save everyone a lot of heartache and could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship." He paused for effect, "She suggested that we use the Laughing Robin as a permanent Ranger outpost. I'll put in the reccomendation as soon as we can work out the details and you could stay here on permanent assignment and be with Frodurien!"
Den's eyes lit up and he moved as if to clasp his brother in an embrace but winced as his side complained. Instead he grasped Thon's hands in his own.
"That's brilliant! That's fantastic! That's..." He laughed out loud, "It's perfect!!!"
"Calm down!" Thon laughed too, "You'll do yourself a mischief. Another one!"
Den flopped back happily on his pillows. "When Fro's ready could you tell her to come and see me please."
"Of course." Thon grinned knowingly then left, listening as he did so the Den's mutterings.
"I'm staying! I love her! Ah this is perfect!"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 05:06
Frodurien sat gloomily at the table. She hated being alone. She needed a hug, but every time a ranger came out and tried to cheer her up, she said nothing was wrong, and left to find another place to sit down. She ended up by the stream, and threw rocks gloomily at the river. She wanted someone that was gloomy to, then they could be gloomy together, but no one around here was really every gloomy, at least, not as much as her. And she had a right to be, she thought she was going to lose Den, it seemed for the second time. She loved him, loved him so much that her heart felt like exploding with love every time she saw him, and she was sure there was no room for any love for anyone else. And every day it was growing, larger and larger until it filled her whole body. Sometimes when she saw him her whole body shook with anticipation. What it was she was anticipating she was not quite sure, but she loved him, and that was all that mattered.

As Frodurien sat there, she felt she was being watched, and she hated the feeling. She tried to put it in the back of her mind. But soon enough, she turned around swiftly, and saw it was Thon who was watching her. She smiled at him and waved him over. She knew Den had to love her back, so stupid thoughts were not to stop her from being truly happy with life.

“Hi Thon.” She said brightly. “Did you talk to Den? What did you say? What did he say? Is he going to stay? Tell me! Please!” She said with curiosity standing out in every aspect of her words and thoughts and eyes.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 08:09
Thon sat beside Fro, propped up on one elbow looking out over the stream. He was grinning and knew that a bright girl like her would ahve worked out the answer already, but still he decided to eke it out a bit longer.
Eventually he sighed and faced the hobbit beside him. She had her hands clasped tightly in her lap and her eyes were shining. Even her curls seemed to be shaking with curiosity.
"Well..." He began slowly, "I told him what Carrey had offered and..."
"What!? What!?" Fro playfully slapped at him, "Come on! You're killing me!"
"Oh alright!" He chuckled, swatting at her hand, "He's staying and seems very happy about being able, for once, to stay and nurture the love he has for one young hobbit lass! He's waiting for you in his room."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 02:53
Frodurien smiled brilliantly and hugged Thon. "Thank you!" She gasped as she ran over the hill and into the Inn. Then she stopped. She must look a mess, so instead she ran to her room. She fixed her hair and changed her dress, the one she had on already had grass stains, and was still damp from the tears. She quickly threw on a crisp new white dress and tied a white ribbon in her hair. As she looked in the mirror, she thought how pretty she looked, now she could she Den. She calmed her wild thoughts and made her way briskly to Den's room.

He turned to face her and her heart leaped with joy. Now he was really hers, and he looked much better happy, not sad. She ran to him with open arms, but held him gently, making sure not to hurt him.

"Den? Is it true? Are you really going to stay? Oh I love you, more than I've ever loved anyone in my whole life." Frodurien kissed him on the cheek and then blushed, but not too much, because she loved him, and he was hers! "I love you, Den." She said softly, in an almost whisper, and she looked into his eyes and saw there the love she needed to see. He needent even answer her question, because she already knew it's answer, he loved her too.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 07:45
"Yes. I'm staying." Den smiled at the blush that rose to Fro's cheeks when she kissed him, "Now we can't have you blushing every time you kiss me, for if I have my way you would be permanantly pink!" He raised his hands to cup her face, "And I know how to stop it." Slowly he tilted her face towards his, then leant down and gently, tenderly, kissed her. The feel of her lips beneath his sent a thrill through his body and his eyes were shining with unspoken passion when he pulled away. "Practice."

Ooc - Where's Fresky got to? I can just picture some love rival's tiff on the horizon.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 10:33
(well, I think he's moping about somewhere, trying to get himself together and some of his pride back lol)

Frodurien giggled at him and tried her best not to blush, but it didn't work, she had never been kissed like that before, and she was aways curious at how it felt, but never dared to think of actually doing it with another person. But she loved him, and saw a strange, wild, fire burning deep within his eyes and she knew they would aways love each other, and she thought of the look on her mothers face when they married, if they married, and it made her giggle even harder, and every time he tried to say something, she erupted with more giggles, she was a fountain of hilarity.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 04:03
"What's gotten into you?" Den asked, trying his best not to give in to the infectious nature of Fro's laughter, it still hurt his side to do anything like laughing.
She just giggled harder, tears of mirth were running sown her cheeks.
"You're hopeless you are." He chuckled then pulled her up onto the bed so she was lying beside him, his arms protectively around her.
"Oh! I'm sorry! I hope I'm not inturrupting anything!" Caramon's head poked around the door, bringing with it the scent of Den's herbal tea.
"No, no." Den grinned, not caring that they had been 'found out' as it were.
"Is there something you two have been keeping from us?" The Ranger asked as he deposited the tea on the bedside table.
"Quite possibly. But I'm going to let you guys gossip for a bit longer. I'm comfortable here and can't be fussed to make an announcement."
"You're too good to us Den." Caramon winked and touseled Den's hair. "This will be around the men in five minutes and I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear some of the rumors that will start."
"I'm sure I wont. Now be off with you!" Caramon left, laughing and Den turned his attention back to Fro. "Now, I've only got that lot to break this to. How about you? What are your family going to make of all this?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 09:05
"Carrey will hear, and she's bound to tell someone, and it'll get around to my parents before I can even talk to them. But, I think father'll be to shocked to berate me, their only daughter, and a ranger." Frodurien giggled. "It's such a scandal, everyone will be talking about us for ages. But, I don't care, I was always a little too high-spirited for them all, I am a Branybuck, it was a shock to my father's family when he married my mother. They must've known I was going to be trouble, but I thik my mother will be proud. The whole thing is so silly." She giggled even harder, and snuggled up to Den, he was so warm, and his arms felt so strong. She smiled at him and laid her head on his chest. She felt so comfortable, and she didn't want this to end. "How are you going to break it to your friends?" She asked.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 08:10
"Oh, they'll understand. Rangers have indulged in all sorts of unlikely love matches. I mean, just look at Strider and Arwen." He sighed as she let her fingers curl and grip his shirt, "If we don't make too big a thing about the announcement then they'll get used to the idea. They love you as it is so it wont be a hard adjustment."
He let go of fro with one hand and took a sip of his tea, "Urgh!" He exclaimed as he swallowed, "This is the one thing I have had to eat in the Shire that I haven't enjoyed."
Suddenly an idea struck him.
"I know! Why don't we invite your parents over here to see what rough characters their daughter has been spending the last weeks with? They can meet me and the lads, we can all have dinner and make the announcement at the end."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 01:12
"Oh, that would be a good idea, if it was only my mother to deal with. No, it would be better if I brought you over there, and when I do, you must be on your best behavior. Meaning, no fooling around, and try not to look him in the eyes, he takes it as defience, and would forbid me from you. Of course I would then be forced to run away with you, which would indeed be a fun adenture, but I would rather him aprove of you. If anyone we shall be inviting, it had best be my mother, but then my father would know something is up." Frodurien was rattling off this all pretty fast, and she continued. "So iis in the best interest of both of us for me to be invinting you over to my house. But before I could possibly do that, I would need a ring, for my father would need something that he could see. He is a stubborn old hobbit, and a harsh one, but you will get used to him. Don't take offence to anything he says, but you shouldn't look too spineless, and don't look as if you are ignoring him." Then she stopped, she knew she had to him enough already, and she didn't want to bore him, and she liked to hear him talk, not her babble on about stupid things that were not nessasary for the time being. She smiled up at him, and held onto his hand, occasionally squeezing it lovingly. She turned her head and kissed him on the cheek. But, as she had promised him, she had taken control of her girly habits and stopped herself from blushing. She smiled as she saw he had noticed, and she laid her head comfortably back down on his chest.

"What do you think the rangers are saying about us?" She asked. "Oh, I hope it isn't to horrible, we aren't doing anything wrong." She smiled at herself, she had already gone farther with Den then she had with any other relationship she had had, and she knew it. She didn't care what scandalous things were going around the Inn, and maybe even around it, Den was so exciting!
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 04:30
Carrey was bringing another cup of healing tea to Den when she paused outside the door. She heard giggling,and laughing, and so, being the curious hobbit that she was..... she pressed her ear to the door and listened.
After listening for a while, she had a big grin on her face. The other Rangers would not belive this. Then she began thinking that, maybe they would have the wedding here at the Robin.
Then she looked down and the cold tea in her hands. With a look of chagrin, she whirled around and went back to the kitchen to heat it up.
After she poured the tea back into the kettle, she sat at the table thinking. Frodurien and I are actually cousins, though our grandfather'brother's sister's daughter, on my mother's side. I wonder if she would mind if I baked a huge wedding cake for her. Her thoughts were interupted by the whistling of the kettle. Pouring another mug, she added some honey, and some cinnomon to it, to give it a better flavor.
Walking back to Den's room, she heard voices, and kcocked this time. When Den called " Come in", she brought in the tea, and acted surprised to see Frodurien there.
" I brought you some more tea, and I put some stuff in there to make it taste better." She set the mug down, picked up the old one, and then turned back to the two on the bed.
Carrey asked " Frodurien, when you finish here.." waving her hand in the general direction of Den, " Can I see you in the kithen please?"
Frodurien blushed and nodded. Carrey gave them a wide grin, before leaving, making sure to close the door tightly behind her.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 08:56
Den laughed as carrey closed the door behind her but stopped hurridly and winced as his side complained. Picking up the tea he looked down at Fro.
"I think I've had my fair share of dealings with grumpy old men." He smiled to show he meant no offense, "In fact, he sounds suspiciously like my first drill sergant!" He took a gulp of the tea and put the mug down, "Mm, cinnamon. Anyway. Do you mind if I get thon ivolved with the ring? Only he's always been better at smithing than me."
Seeing Fro's slightly confused look he continued, "You see, our father got us to learn something of the Blacksmith's craft in case such skills were needed when we were Rangers. We dabbled in precious metals as well and Thon tended to do the melting and I did the artistic stuff with moulds and suchlike."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 03:30
"Oh!" Frodurien said, understanding. "That is so neat! I've never heard of rangers doing that before, I always thought it was elves and lords and a few men and dwarves which did that, I only know of three hobbits who can even do it, and we normally have our rings made by the elves. I am so ignorant to the ways of the world, I hope you don't think me dimwitted for it." She laughed and kissed his cheek again. "We must go tell them, and I don't want Carrey telling anyone awful rumors, that wouldn't be good for either of us, I know she is my second cousin, and I trust her, its just that all of us hobbit's have a natural thing for gossip. I even do. So I can understand if she tells someone, but I don't want her telling what she sees, it could be all over the Shire within two days." Frodurien kissed him on the cheek and got off the bed. "You shouldn't walk, you can't anyway, so what shall we do? Do you want me to tell them, or do you want me to get them all in here and we both tell them, or what? And I have to go into the kitchen, Carrey and Caramon are likely to, umm, exaggerate on our circumstance, they aren't to be trusted, I noticed the suspicious twinkle in caramons eyes, and the honest glee in Carrey's. No, they aren't to be trusted at all." He laughed at her words, and she had to admit they were funny, and she laughed with him. Why should she worry? Den was wonderful, and he would make everything around her wonderful too. She flashed a smile at him, which showed her dimples, and her eyes sparkled. She loved him, and he was hers.

Fresky went into the town and his jaw was set. After he finished with his work for the day on the building he and his crew were building for the new pub, he would think more about Frodurien. He had decided the night before that he would make her love him, no matter if he had to fight a warg in the prosess. If he could get her mind off that friend of hers she liked so much. For he loved her, and he knew it, and he knew, or thought he knew, that this silly girl had a silly crush on a man not worth her time. He tried to sort out a plan as he worked, but he stopped, he had already almost fallen off of the beam twice, and he needed to be physically healthy even if he was mentally sick, his disease being Frodurien. Every time he thought of her his eyes set off this mischevious charm which caught the stares of young hobbit girls who were walking by. How handsome and mischevious he looked! They all thought. But he did not even see them, did not pay heed when they waved. His heart was set on Frodurien, and Frodurien he would have.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 09:16
Ooc - Dun dun duuun!! Lmao! :evil:

Ic - "Bring them in here I think." Den mused. "What we're talking about does kind of involve both of us."
"Alright." Fro giggled then scurried out into the kitchen to gather the men together.
She was greeted with a few well meaning wolf whistles and cat calls.
"Oh shush!" She blushed, "I don't know what Carrey and Caramon,"
"Who? Me!?"
"Have been saying, but you mustn't believe a word of it. If you do whant to know what is going on however, Den and I want to see you in his room." Several of the Rangers raised their eyebrows suggestively. "You lot! Come on, in!"
Back inside the room Fro perched back on the bed and the men and Carrey crowded in around it.
"Right, rumours have been flying and I bet Thon's beens hooting his mouth off to anyone who'll listen." Thon looked positevly scandelised, "Don't deny it. But we want to set the record straight." Den told the men. "Nothing has gone on between me and Fro, nothing... improper anyhow." He gingerly shifted position so that he could take Fro's hands in his own, "But I want to change that." He looked deep into Fro's eyes, "Frodurien, I know this isn't particularly normal, but then again, nothing about this pairing is. I'll do this formally later, but for now I want it in the open. Fro, will you marry me?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 02:25
Frodurien blushed, and cherished the words in her head. She smiled at him and giggled. "Den, of course I will marry you. I have been thinking about it all day." She giggled again. Then she kissed him lightly on the lips. "I love you." She said softly. Then she looked at all the other men. They were all snickering, except Thon, and Carrey was smiling. Why, Frodurien thought, she knew all along! She was so happy, she was going to marry Den! She hadn't even thought of Fresky all day, she was too happy to feel sad, or sorry. Little did she know, Fresky was planning to have her fall in love with him, the very same time Den asked her to marry him.

Frodurien hugged Den and kissed him, passionately, with the heat of love and her heart on her lips. When she pulled away, she didn't blush, instead she smiled brightly at him. When she heard a noise behind her, she almost fell off his bed. She had forgotten the rangers were still there, and she blushed at her forwardness in front of the others, she wasn't used to ever kissing in front of an audience.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 07:33
Den pulled Fro closer into his embrace and grinned at his comrades.
"Alright guys. Show's over. That's the news."
"Congratulations Den." Quen stepped forward and laid a hand on both Den and Fro's shoulders, "Maybe you've met the one who'll amke an honest man out fo you."
"Quite possibly Quen. Quite possibly."
Thon pushed himself away from the wall he had been lounging against and began ushering the men out into the kitchen again. "Come on, I need you all to help me put in a recommendation to fortify this place!" Last out of the door he shot a loot back at his brother and future sister-in-law, "I'm pleased for you. Be good to each other." Then he was gone.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 04:03
((I cant wait til' Fresky finds out just what she did :evil: ))

"Oh, Den, thank you, I never was great in front of an audience. They all made me nervous." Frodurien admitted. She saw him wince as he relaxed onto the pillows. "Den, does your side feel any better, I mean, since the tea and all. Do you want any more tea?" She asked, she wanted him to be better as soon as possible, because she wanted her parents to meet him once he was healthy.

"No! No tea!" Den said, putting up his hands as if he was holding up a white flag. She giggled and kissed him on the cheek, curling up next to him.

"I bet it tastes nasty, just downright disgusting, is that true?" She asked, and he nodded. "Well then I understand, but you shall have more later."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 07:46
"Urgh!" Den muttered but still pulled Fro closer, lay his head on top of her fragrent curls and let sleep take him. Well, he'd had a busy day!

Back in the kitchen Thon was sat at the table, a piece of parchment infront of him and a quill in his hand.
"Right, I've got the whole introduction, you know, I humbly request and highly reccomend that The Laughing Robin near Hobbiton, the Shire, is fortified with a permanent Ranger presence.
Now i'm on to the why of the argument."
"Well, it is pretty central," Caramon pointed out, "Wherever on the borders or even, heaven forbid, in the Shire a disturbance takes place, we can be there in less than half a day with good mounts."
"Good point." Thon began writing in his spidery hand, "Keep talking to me people."
"It's a pub." Tanis put in earning him a few knowing looks from his friends, "Not that! I mean people come in here and talk, it's a good post for gathering information. And people will know where to find us."
"Good, all good, I need more though..."

Ooc - I have incredible writer's block now. No idea what on earth to write. :angry:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 05:32
Frodurien felt Den's body completly relax and she knew he had fallen asleep. She sighed. She was stuck now, the only way to escape and do anything would be to wake him up. And she doubted anyone would disturb them now they were out in the open. But she didn't want to, she loved him, and she knew he loved her and she smiled inwardly at herself. She never was used to having things so easy, there was always something to do. She let herself go and relaxed with her head laid on his pillow. He was so close to her, and just his being there, his presence was enough for her to feel so safe, so loved. Soon enough, she fell asleep and napped next to him.

Now Fresky had his plan finished, he turned it over in his head again and again. It was flawless, and he knew it. As long as he could get the ranger to leave, to feel unwelcome in the Shire, he could make her forget him. It was not as if they would stay there permanently, no ranger ever did. He loved her, and that had to be the end of it. He had always gotten what he wanted, and he noticed there were flocks of girls who would blush if he so much as looked at them. So, why should Frodurien be any different? Well, as he hadn't realized, he loved her because she wasn't like the other hobbits, she was free, and she wasn't in love with him, that was why he loved her. She was a bird, and she never flocked to him, she flew away, and he loved her because he couldn't have her. But that was one thing he didn't know, and if he had, it wouldn't have stopped him, he needed her, he needed her to love him in return. He needed to feel needed, and to feel like a king, whose subjects were all in love with him, and his queen would be Frodurien. His queen had to be Frodurien.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 08:53
Ooc - I think I'll move us onto tommorrow morning. It seems to be as good a time as any.

Ic - Slowly Den rose up out of the mists of sleep. In that warm place jsut between concious thought and blessed darkness he stopped, confused. Why was one side so much warmer than the other? He didn't have a fire in his room.
Then it came to him.
Ah! I remember! Frodurien has just made me the happiest man in the Shire and we must have fallen asleep together last night.
Coming to full wakefulness he chuckled silently as he thought what comments that would have earned him from the lads had it been any other woman.
"Eru but I like being engaged." Tenderly he stroked one of Fro's curls and marveled at the serene expression on her sleeping face.
He mentally tested his wound and found that it felt much better than yesterday. I think I'll pester Thon into letting me sit outside today. I'll go mad if I stay cooped up in here with that confounded tea getting poured down my throat.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 03:37
Frodurien was still fast asleep when she felt movement behind her. She awoke with a start, and then was confused as to where she was, and why on earth was there someone sleeping beside her? Slowly, she remembered what had happened last night, she had been with Den, and then she had fallen asleep. She smiled and yawned, it was better to wake up to his warmth then the warmth of a fire. She streched her arms and legs out, rather like a kitten, and then curled back up again. Then she turned around to face him.

"Den," she whispered. "How is your side? And how was your sleep? I had forgot that I had fallen asleep in your bed, and woke with a start. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She kissed him on the cheek, she liked being awoken by him. Normally she wasn't a morning person, but this morning she felt wonderful, and wasn't crabby at all.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 03:17
"All fine melleth nin." He said, his voice low, "I'll see if Thon wil let me outside today then I can laugh at the others trying to organise a practise bout without me.
"You can only go out if you're a good boy." Den started violently as the door opened and Thon appeared, framed by the morning's light.
"Eru man! Don't do that!" He clutched at his bandages.
"Sorry, couldn't resist." The older man came fully into the room, "I just came to see if you two were awake yet."
"Yet? What time is it?"
"About ten."
"Wow."
"Don't worry, you're forgiven, this morning at least. Fro, breakfast's on the table but I'd hurry if I were you, the lads were eyeing up your portion when I left."
"But you're saying you'll give me a hand outside some time?"
"If you really want. You can plan where we extend and put a Ranger room and armoury."
"Fine."
And Thon went back to the door, holding it open for Fro.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 02:03
Frodurien got to her feet and stretched more, then slowly walked out, waving good-bye to Den. She walked to her room and slipped off her dress, finding another, a loose-fitting blue one. She took out her hair tie and brushed out her hair with loose tooth comb, then wet it so it wouldn't frizz. She would go home and get a bath tonight. She washed her face with some blueberry soap and, finally, she felt awake. Then she remembered what Thon had said about her breakfast, and she hurried out to see if it was still there. Luckily, it was, and it was still a little warm. Once her stomach had started growling, she decided not to heat it up, as it would taste fine the way it was. She ate it quickly, and then hurried outside for a breath of fresh air, once outside, she felt guilty because she knew how horrible it would be to be cooped up inside like Den.

Frodurien went back to his room, and when she got inside, he was still eating his breakfast. “You are a slow eater, Den. I don’t know if I want to marry you, that is the most horrible thing you can possibly be, a slow eater.” She said lightly, and then started giggling uncontrollably when he looked up at her, with confusion written on his sleepy face.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 02:24
Carrey set breakfast out on the table, then rang the bell, to let the rangers know that it was time to eat. She stood back and surveyed the table: there was a red and white checkerd cloth down, covered with dishes heaped with food. There were plates of eggs, scrambled, fried, and mixed with veggies, and there were plates of potatoes fried with onions, and pitchers of juice, ale, and water.
In a rush, the rangers all came out and sat down. They began dishing out the food, when Carrey noticed that Fro wasn't out yet. " Boys, lets save some for Fro, when she comes out, and lets see if Den will feel up to eating regular food by now."
The rangers agreed, and they dished out some of everything onto two plates and set one in the kitchen, and one was taken to Den.
Carrey sat down for breakfast, and asked a question that had been bothering her " Are you going to stay? I know that some of you are, and I'm overjoyed, but I was hoping, maybe, I could ... umm... the ones that aren't working....hmm... could help out with some of the chores? I hate to ask, but I am only a Hobbit, and not the biggest of persons."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 09:03
"Of course Carrey!" Caramon placed his hand on her shoulder, "You're giving us room and board, the least we can do is help out. What did you have in mind?"
This was more what Carrey was after, soon she had the rangers organised and they were carrying out the heavier kitchen chores and anything too high for her to do without a step.

In his room Den chuckled at Fro and lay his fork down on the plate.
"And I'm not sur eI would want to marry you if all youc an do is torment me!" His eyes and tone gave the lie to his harsh words.
"Lover's tiff already?" Thon entered smiling.
"Do you always have to do this?"
"I'll stop soon, I promise. I have to make sure you don't make my mistakes!" He laughed at the cynical expression on his brother's face, "I haven't come to annoy you, despite appearances to the contrary. i've come to take you outside, If you still feel up to it."
"Yes!" Den put his palte aside and tossed the blankets off.
"Oh!" Fro exclaimed and turned her back.
"You might want to put some breeches on before you do anything." Thon tried to hide his smile.
"Ah. That may be a good idea, frightening horses would not be a good way to start a posting. By the way, who do I have to thank for this?"
"Quen I think."
"Figures."
Without too many mishaps and surprisingly few muffled swearwords from both of them Den was decent and hobbling outside, leaning heavily on Thon for support.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 05:20
Frodurien followed Den and Thon outside and helped Thon settle him down on the grass so he could lean against the Inn’s wall for support. She sat next to him in the grass and settled down her skirts, into a most becoming pattern across her legs. She just let her ankles show, and ruffled the skirts around her legs, making them appear even smaller than they already were. She smiled at him once he looked at his comrades and gently took a hold of his hand. She was playing with him, letting her fingers slid in and out from between his and squeezing his hand gently occasionally. After a while she looked up at him, saw him in his natural environment, the outdoors, and she loved him even more as she saw his passion for living. How in love with life he is, she thought proudly. He’s a lot like me, I love the outdoors too, and I love him. She thought about all the other hobbits in the Shire. Then she thought of the hobbit lads her father had brought over, expecting her to fall in love, or not even fall in love, just marry. And she was glad she never listened. While her mother told her silly fantasies about how much fun love could be, she never believed in love, not until she felt it. She thought love was merely liking someone. Not anymore. Now she knows what love is, tasted it, and now, all she wants, is Den. Den came into her life and stirred up feelings she’s never felt before. A passion that wouldn’t have ever been awoken by any of the hobbits in the Shire.

Fresky re-thought his plan. It had to work, but what if it didn’t? He needed a back up plan. But he would first try his first plan. He walked to the Inn. First, he would have a fun time with Frodurien, make her see he is the most charming hobbit in all of Hobbiton, maybe even the whole Shire, but he would swallow his pride and tell her more about himself, inquire about her, and her family. He was smiling by he time he reached the Inn, he would get his rose, and the first stage of his plan were about to unfold. He was extremely happy about not being seen, and he knocked on the front door. A large ranger came to answer the door, and his heart skipped a step. Oh Eru, please don’t let this be the one Frodurien is so fond of. He swallowed and flashed a smile.
“Hello sir, I was wondering if Frodurien was here, I am in desperate need to talk to her, and I have been looking everywhere.” Good, Fresky thought, I sounded winded, and very concerned, maybe he’ll think I’m her brother, or something.

((Just remember, Frodurien has't mentioned Fresky to anyone, not even Carrey. She has completely forgotten about him since two days ago.))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 08:42
Ooc - Yet half the rangers met him at Dr Holied's. I'll put Quen in, he hasn't met Fresky yet.

Ic - "Oh." Quen was slightly taken aback to find a strapping hobbit lad on the doorstep seemingly out of breath and worried for Frodurien. "She's outside, just round the back I think. Who shall I tell her want's her?"
"She'll know me, I'll just go round." He respectfully touched his forelock, "Thankyou all the same sir." and he marched off to the back of the Robin.
"Hmm." Quen mused as he went through the pub itself to go and watch the practice fights, "Now who on earth was he?"
Caramon had taken responsibility for the fights with Den off and had cleared a space in the yard, drawn a circle about ten foot in diameter with his sword and had two of the more novice Rangers facing each other.
"Now remember, footwork, footwork, footwork. Anything goes, so long as it involves the sword and you feet stay in the circle." He stepped out of the ring and raised hsi hand. "Three, two one," He lowered his hand in a chopping motion, "BEGIN!" The pair began circling and the first blows of the day were exchanged.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 11:41
((I know they’ve seen him before, they just don’t know what he has said to Frodurien.))

Frodurien turned her head. "Oh!" She exclaimed. She thought one of them was a goner for sure. No one ever explained this was just practice, and nobody really got hurt. When she looked up again, she noticed both the men were smiling, and even though she didn't understand what they were doing, she did understand they weren't going to hurt each other, let alone kill each other. Once Frodurien noticed Fresky coming around the corner, all of her memories flooded back. She frowned, and blushed at the thought of what he had told her. He never should have told me. She thought. She got up, thinking she could perhaps get rid of him. This was no place for him, he wouldn't understand these men, she hardly even did.

"Frodurien, I…. you look beautiful." Fresky said openly.

"Fresky, I wasn't expecting you, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?” She asked, thinking she already knew the answer.

“We need to talk, sweetheart. Could you possibly take a walk with me?” He asked. Frodurien shrugged, and then turned to Den.

“Den darling, would you mind if I take a walk with my friend here?” She asked, just loud enough for Fresky to hear too. Fresky looked around her. So he’s the one she likes, he thought.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 09:16
Den looked up as Fresky appeared.
"Frodurien, I…. you look beautiful." He said openly.
Den narrowed his eyes almost imperceptably, he didn't care one jot for the causal compliments he was paying Fro, or the way his eyes lingered on her.
"Fresky, I wasn't expecting you, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?”
“We need to talk, sweetheart. Could you possibly take a walk with me?” He asked. Oh! Sweetheart was it?
Frodurien shrugged, and then turned to Den.
“Den darling, would you mind if I take a walk with my friend here?”
"Of course melleth nin." He stretched and put his hands behind his head allowing hsi sleeves to fall to his elbows, revealing his well muscled arms. "You know where to find me."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 03:49
Frodurien smiled nervously, really she had hoped he would say no, but that wouldn't be right, and she knew it. Fresky to another look at Den and hoped he wouldn't start anything, he looked extremely strong. But, then again, he would be talking to Frodurien, alone. He nodded to Den and took a hold of her hand. She pulled away and walked around the house. Fresky followed, and she stopped once they got up to the road.

"Fresky, what is this about?" She asked.

"I want to make it up to you, I mean the things I said at the doctor's … I shouldn't have said them. And I'm sorry.” He sighed. “Will you walk with me?”

“Oh, ok.” Frodurien was curious to know what is was really about, and she wanted to tell him about her and Den, but she knew enough to wait, making sure he wouldn’t become angry. They walked down the road, and she smiled and waved to all the hobbits they past.

“Look, Frodurien, it’s time for lunch, will you eat with me?”

“Sure.” She didn’t know what he was planning on, but he hadn’t tried anything yet, and she was thankful. Maybe they could just be friends after all.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 03:31
Carrey had just put a roast in to bake for dinner. It was trimmed with carrots, onions, and few other veggitables. Deciding to take a walk down to the orchard she shared with Frodurien's family, she grabbed a walking stick and was out the door. Humming softly and tunelessly to herself, she ambled down down the path. Seeing a small cluster of flowers growing on the side of the path, she made note to pick them on the way back to put on the table for supper.
When she got to the orchard, she inhaled deeply, appriciating the odor of fresh organes, apples, and peaches. She reached up with her walking stick and knocked a few oranges down. Plopping herself beneath a tree, she began to peel and eat the organge. Then, she heard voices. One she recognized as Frodurien, but who was the other voice? It sounded like a hobbit, and a male hobbit at that! Who would be out here with Fro? I don't think it's Den, he's not allowed to walk much yet. Hmmm... I think I'll creep over and listen With that decision, she placed her orange peel on the ground, and quietly walked towards the voices. When she got closer, she hid behind some bushes, and she could hear quite well. It sounds like they are talking, and strained..she thought to herself. I wish I knew who the other hobbit was! Carrey risked a peek between the bushes, but didn't recognize the other hobbit.
Frodurien and the other hobbit had walked past her hiding place, and were begining to move away. Trying to follow them, all of a sudden, Carrey snaped a twig underfoot! Oh drat... I hope they didn't hear that. She paused for a minute, and held her breath....listening to see if they had heard. They kept moving, and it didn't seem like they had heard.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 03:06
"Where are we going?" Frodurien asked suddenly.

"Why, to my house, I have a picnic basket waiting there for us." Fresky said, not realizing what he had just said, she had caught him off guard.

"You mean you planned this whole thing out?" Frodurien almost shouted she was so mad. "Alright, I thought you really just wanted to be friends. I trusted you, friends don't lie to one another. And I have something to tell you. You know the ranger I said goodbye to?"

"The one you like, what was his name again, Den?" He was trying to calm her down, this was not the way it was supposed to go.

"Yes, Den. Well I, he and I, we..." Fresky interrupted her before she could finish.

"Frodurien, I know you have a crush on him, but you don't have a chance, he is a ranger, and you are a hobbit. As different as can be. It won't work." Fresky yelled. Frodurien looked shocked.

"I can't believe you just said that to me. You know what, we are engaged. I'm going to marry him, and you, I never liked you the way you liked me, and never will, so just give it up. Maybe, in time, we can be friends, but right now, right now I can't trust you. Goodbye Fresky." Frodurien turned from him and walked the other way. Fresky stood there, it was as if she had smacked him. No, she can not do this to me, no one ever has, I won't let her. He hesitated on what he should do, but finally, he ran after her.

When he reached her, he grabbed her arm and turned her around. He was so mad, and all he could think to do was hurt her, not physically of course, but hurt her, as bad as she had hurt him. He grabbed her around the waist and kissed her, she struggled and struggled, finally she broke away and slapped him.

"Damn you Fresky, I don't like you, I told you that. So, what the hell is the matter with you?" She put a hand to her mouth. She was so shocked that she had said that. never in her life had she ever used those words. But, never in her life had she been so mad.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 07:26
Ethoner had wandered away from the practise fights to scout the perimeter of The Robin and see where he would have to post men, shore up defenses and the like.
He had nearly made a full circuit when he heard raised voices coming from the road.
"Damn you Fresky, I don't like you, I told you that. So, what the hell is the matter with you?"
Eru! That was Frodurien! Who was she yelling at like that?
Curious and wanting to see if Fro was alright he made his way through the Poplar trees that separated the eastern edge of the Robin's grounds from the road.
"Is anything the matter here?" He asked, his hand on the hilt of the sword at his side. Strictly speaking the sword was for use on horseback but he was going to train the younger lads in its use later and carried it with him, a length of steel as long as a Hobbit was tall.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email