Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: November 01, 2004 12:40
Carrey was startled to hear Thon's voice behind her. She jumped up and turned completly around.
" Thon! I didn't know you were listening. Was that you singing? It was beautiful!" Carrey exclaimed.
Then, an idea hit her. It was spontaneous, fun, and right up a hobbit's alley. If there's one thing that hobbits love as much as food its singing.
" We could form a singing group! That'll be one way to introduce you to everyone around here, and bring them all into the Robin to see its makeover!"
By now, she had taken quite a liking to the idea, quite forgetting how nervous she got in front of people.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 03:13
Frodurien quickly undid all the straps and opened the bag. First, she found the cotton, she took out a wad and handed it to Den. She put the rest back in carefully, buttoning the compartment closed. She found the big green bottle at the bottom of the bag next to the tall skinny purple one. She pulled it out, careful as to not break it and then pushed it into Den's outstreached hand. she watched him as he skillfully dabbed the wound and reached out for Simon's hand and held it for support as he started to moan. "You'll be fine, Simon, your in good hands. You'll be better in no time." She smiled over at Den, but he was too busy with the wound to notice. Then she noticed Thon and Carrey in the garden. "I do wonder what they are talking about, Carrey seems so excited." She wondered allowed. Den looked up at her. "Anything else you need?" She asked, apparently not realizing she was just talking to herself.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 10:31
"No thankyou Fro. I'm just about done." He dabbed at a last spot on Simon's face then sat back on his haunches. "Now Simon, you'll look like yo've got an aubergine stuck int he middle of you face for the next couple of weeks maybe and will have to sleep sitting up for tree or four days, just until the blood vessels have healed properly. We don't want you drowning at night."
"But wad will by dose look like?" The lad asked through the swelling.
"Handsomely crooked I should think." Den replied with a smile, "i've done my best but it wont be fully straight."
"All good." Simon shrigged and pushed himself to sitting, "Do I get extra food as cobpensatiod?"
"I should think so. YOu'd have to ask Carrey though."
The men laughed and Simon was helped into the kitchen to gather his wits.

Thon considered this for a moment, it would certainly integrate the rangers into the community quicker and anythign that could do that could only make life easier.
"I think an evening would be in order before we get the builders in. Everyone coudl come and sing and dance to their heart's content and we'd put in a little something every now and again." He grinned wickedly, "Once we've worked out what common Ranger songs are suitable for a first meeting!"
The more he thoguht about it the more he liked the idea. Whether Den and Caramon would feel the same way, and the other lads if they were still here, was another matter. But that was the beauty of being a captain, he could make them go!
"Actually Carrey." He mused again, "I really do think it would work. I could get Den playing his pipe, Caramon can do percussion to some things. It'd be great!" He felt an unaccustomed, childlike exitement filling him up.
The lads were going to love this!
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:03
Carry was so excited, she thanked Thon, and went into the kitchen. She decided that she was in such a good mood, that she would make an extra-special meal for supper. Bustling around the kitchen, she pulled down her great-great-uncle's recipe book. Paging through it, she decided to make rotissere chicken, baked potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, and mushrooms in a red wine sauce.
After she selected the recipes, she reached into the icebox and pulled out three chickens, rinsed them, and set them on the counter. Then she went over to her herb racks and began selecting the approriate combination of spices, herbs, and chili peppers. Placing them all in a mortar, she ground them up into a powder and then rubbed it into the skin of the chickens. Rinsing her hands, she placed the chickens back into the icebox, and began putting her spices back. She heard some clear a thoat behind her.
Carrey turned around to find Den, Fro, standing there, with two other rangers supporting a bruised younger man. " My goodness! What happened to you?" she asked the man in the middle. With a few laughs from the rangers, she got the whole story. Jumping up, she ran over to the icebox and chipped off a small chunk of ice and placed it in a rag, and handed it to the young ranger. " Here, this will help the swelling go down faster." The young ranger nodded his appreciation.
They all sat down at the kitchen table, while Carrey went about preparing the rest of the meal. She bent down and built a fire in the roasting fireplace in the kitchen, and soon it was roaring. Spitting the chickens, she placed them on the fire.
Turning to the people sitting with her, she told them supper would be ready in a few hours , and told them to shoo, and let her cook in peace, unless they wanted to help, in which case they could wash potatoes, grate cheese, get the mushrooms out of the cellar, along with the wine, and pick the corn.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 03:05
"I'll help you, Carrey, and while I am you can tell me what you are so excited about." Frodurien said, Carrey smiled and winked at her. "Ahh, being secretive, are you?" She giggled. "But, before I help you, I am going to make some tea." Den groaned behind her. "Don't you start, you know it helps you, even if it does make you gag." She smiled and laughed at him. Carrey's good mood had infected her too. She took out the teapot and filled it with water. She heaved the heavy pot onto the hook in the fireplace, beside the chickens.
"Now, where did we put those herbs?" Fro asked Carrey.
"Over there." Carrey pointed to the cupboard in the corner. Fro walked over and took out the herbs and put them next to the mortar. She took a washcloth, cleaned out the spices left in the mortar, and then ground the herbs into a fine dust. Then she looked out the window, and spotted a raincloud. "I thought it would rain today, 'tis a shame, though, I really hoped I was wrong. Oh! My book!" Frodurien raced out the door and up the hill racing against the rainclouds.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 09:13
"That, I think, is my cue to make myself scarce." Den grinned and ducked out of the kitchen to try and hide before Fro came back and gave him any more of that confounded tea!
"Wine?" Tanis perked up at the mention, "It's not wine but it'll do."
"Not to drink silly!" Carrey reprimanded him, "To cook with."
"What a waste!" The large Ranger threw an hand to his borw in mock horror but went down into the cellar anyway, returning with an armful of mushrooms and a couple of bottles of wine.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 11:45
Frodurien picked up her book and hugged it to her as she felt the first raindrop fall on her shoulder. "What a stupid day to wear a white dress!" She said with dismay. She ran to the house to try avoiding getting soaked. Luckily, she was only damp, as the rain wasn't falling very fast yet. When she got back in the kitchen, she heard the thunder and smiled, she always liked thunderstorms, they were so pretty. The teapot started whistling as she put the book back on the shelf. Sighing, she went back into the kitchen, she hadn't read as much as she would have liked.
Once the tea was ready, Fro poured it into a mug and looked around. "Where has Den gotten to? Has he hid from the tea?" She giggled as she knew he was trying to get out of drinking it. "Carrey did you see where he's gone?" Carrey pointed her towards the door, and Fro tiptoed out to find him.
First she looked in the living room, he wasn't hiding in there, second, she looked in the linen closet, but he wasn't in there, third, she looked in his room, and she found him hiding in the closet. She put the drink down on the table and opened the closet door.
"Boo!" She smiled at him and took his hand, leading him to the bed. "Darling, you are going to have to drink it sooner or later, and won't you just get it out of the way?" She picked up the tea from the table. "Look, it can't be as nasty as you say it is." He raised his eyebrows, she took a sip and choked on it, but eventually her throat let her swallow it down. "Okay, it is worse then you say, how can you drink this stuff?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 09:44
"With great difficulty." Den chuckled as he took the mug from his fiancee's grasp, "But you're right, I should get it over and done with." So saying he grasped hsi nsoe with one hand and upended the mug, downing the entire contense in two almighty gulps.
"Urgh!" He shuddered as the aftertase kicked in. "Right, now that's out of the way. Fro, could you reccomend a good builder in the area? Only we need someone to do the work and we don't know anyone."

Outside Thon and the other men were reclining in the sun watching as the orange disk glowed orange as it sunk towards the horizon.
"Oh, Caramon?"
"Yessir?"
"Remind me, I have an announcement to make at dinner."
"You can't tell us now?"
"No. At dinner."
"Aww!"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 06:02
"No, I don't know anyone, I'll ask down at the pub, everyone goes there, and there's bound to be someone who knows a good builder I can talk to. I'll go right now." Frodurien kissed his cheek and hurried out the door before he could say anything else.
Frodurien took an umbrella and ran down the road. She didn’t meet anyone, but that could have just been because it was raining. As soon as she got to The Green Dragon, she found one of her friends.
“Frodurien! I haven’t seen you in a week! How have you been?” Pamelia asked. Pamelia Applebaum was an older hobbit, but she was so friendly that everyone liked her, although she hasn’t ever gotten married.
“Pam! What a wonderful surprise! There’s been a reason for this hiding around, but I can’t tell you yet.” (Pam was known for her gossiping nature). “I am on a mission, do you know of any good builders around here?” Frodurien smiled at her friend, and let herself be taken to a table.
“Now, let me think, I should say you deserve the best in the business. Hmmm, the best one around here, I would have to say, I shan’t think you’ve ever met the young man, but hold on a moment, his name. It is on the tip of my tongue, just a minute. Ah yes, Fresky. Fresky, ummm, Fresky Derkins. Yes, that’s the man. Why, Frodurien, what’s wrong? You look as if someone has just punched you in the stomach! What’s the matter dearie? Do you have a stomach ache?” Pam was extremely concerned about her health, for she looked like she would cry. Frodurien took a breath before speaking.
“I’ll be fine. D-do you know of anyone else?”
“Not around here, you’d have to go to the next town, and they aren’t quite as good.” Pam looked at Fro, and she couldn’t understand the queer look on her face. “My dear, have you met Fresky? He is quite the charmer, you know, if you ask me, you and him would be quite a cute couple.”
“Pam, I have to go, are you sure there isn’t anyone else?”
“No, I can assure you there’s no one better for many miles.”
“Alright then, but, I had better be going.”
“Do you want me to set up an arrangement for the two of you to meet?”
“No that’s quite alright, I can do it myself.” Frodurien grabbed her umbrella and ran all the way to the Inn. She got there quickly, and didn’t stop to breathe until she found Den.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 09:18
Den was just closing his door as he made hsi way to dinner whn Frodrien almost ran full pelt into him, her face flushed and her breath coming in great sobs.
"Fro? Fro? Frodurien! What's wrong?" He gathered her into hsi arms and gently pulled her into his room, placing her on the bed and sitting beside her, his face full of concern.
"It's... it's..." She gasped, "It's... The builder... it's... he's..."
"Who For? Who's the builder."
The diminutive Hobbit seemed to conciously get a grip on herself, took a deep breath and, under tight control, spoke just two words. "Fresky Derrins."
Den felt as though someone had poured a bucket of ice down his back and his grip tightened convulsively on Fro's arms.
This couldn't be! If he was to be able to stay with Fro in the Shire he was going to have to put her in a position close to one who had already proved his motives to be less than savoury. Could he do that, in good conciense?
"Oh Fro." Was all he said as he pulled her into his loving embrace.

Meanwhile in the dining room Carrey had set out a fantastic spread and all those present were champing at the bit to be allowed to tuck in.
"Lads!" Thon held up a hand to halt them, "I have a proposition to put to you, mainly Caramon as he will be staying here but I think the lot of you will like it. Mistress Carrey has suggested that we put on a dance type affair at the Robin in which local musicians would be the main performers but we would also field singers and musicians. I know there is some talent amoung us and I think it would be a wonderful idea to use that talent to integrate us with the locals." He paused for effect. "So? What do you think?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 01:49
After a while, Frodurien calmed herself and looked up at Den. He still looked worried, but she knew they shouldn’t upset the others. She wiped her tears and stood up. “Den, I don’t think we should miss Carrey’s dinner just because of our little problem with Fresky. She worked hard on it, because she was excited about something. I want to find out what, so I think we should pull ourselves together and go out there and eat like nothing is the matter.” She sniffed, but was very determined to do everything she said. She took his hands and started pulling him towards the door. He followed without reluctance. Frodurien stopped before they reached the dining room. “Den, I don’t think we should worry about it to much anyway. I love you, he can’t change my mind. It is going to be fine.” She smiled and walked into the room, sat down and looked at everyone, they all looked excited.
“What is it? Did you tell everyone without me, Carrey?” She mocked a sad face and then smiled. “Alright, what is it?”
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 04:40
Carrey grinned. " We're going to through a harvest festival here, and there will be dancing, and music, and food, and the Rangers said they would sing some too!"
Everone could tell that she was excited. And for good reasons. Then, Carrey noticed a look of strain behind Fro's eyes. Walking around the table, she took Fro's hand, and whispered " I think we need to talk." She looked up at Den and asked " Can I borrow Fro for a minute? I need to speak with her." Den nodded, and Carrey and Fro walked towards the back bedrooms.
Carrey led her to the farthest bedroom, Carrey's bedroom, led her inside, motioned for her to sit, and then closed the door.
Fro sat down on the bed, with a quizzical look on her face.
Carrey pulled over an armchair, and curled up in it, facing Fro.
"OK Fro, whats wrong? I've known you too long for you to try to hide whatever it is that's bothering you. What's wrong?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 09:16
"Thon!" Den grinned and took his place at the table. "Does this mean I have to dig out that flippin' pipe of mine? You know I haven't playing in ages, I'll be awful!"
"You'll be fine." Thon dismissed the thought with a wave of his hand, "So, we're all agreed then? We'll host a Harvest Festival here and make fools of ourselves."
A resounding 'Aye!' rose from the men seated around the table and many fell to discussing what they would perform, or to be precise, what was clean enough to be performed at a family party.
"Can I borrow Fro for a minute? I need to speak with her."
Den looked down at Carrey, "Of course." He gazed after the Hobbit lasses for a second wondering what they were talking about, but glad that Frodurien had a friend like Carrey.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 03:48
Frodurien sighed, she knew Carrey would flip, but she had to tell her the truth. "Carrey, I just can't get away with anything when I'm around you, can I? Well, if you promise you won't flip out, it's the builder. The only one around here that can do the job is, is Fresky." Frodurien looked down as Carrey ventilated her frustration.
"I don't think we should keep the others waiting, and about that performance? How's about I blow them away with my dancing, eh? We could do a duet, you sing, I dance, you were always a better singer than me, and I the better dancer. We could be the closing number." Frodurien had gotten just what she had wanted, Carrey thinking about the singing and dancing, not Fresky. They walked back talking excitedly about what they could do together, and help the others with. They had already decided to have Fro be the choreographer when they walked into the dining room where the others were all discussing what they should and shouldn't do.
Den looked excited too, and Fro smiled, this was a good turn of the day's activities. "Den, do you think we should do something together? Just you and me? It would be wonderful! I just love to sing and dance, don't you darling?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 09:49
"Dancing yes. Singing? Not so much." The other Rangers chuckled as Den sought for a way to describe hsi total lack of singing talent, "Put it this way. I have been known to set the entire kennels next door to howling. I'm much better with a well tuned pipe between my lips."
"But Frodurien," Thon put in, "Any Ranger enjoys music of some form, it just depends on how much he's had to drink as to how much he'll play himself."
"Aye." Tanis grinned, "There's one we can even still do in harmony after twelve pints but I'm not sure it's suitable for a family gathering."
"Oh, and what's that?"
"Blackbird I'll 'ave 'ee."
"Ah."
"Ah indeed."
"It's not too bad. If we did it after twleve pints most of those who'd object would be in bed by then!"

Ooc - Gotta go. Dad's naggin about the washing up. I'll try and get the word to 'Blackbird' by next time.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 04:24
Frodurien giggled, she'd only heard that song once, when she was little. "I'm sure we could find a song we could do, that's not to hard. The dancing is the hardest, its what the audience is going to care about. We could do some sort of lullaby, or something along those lines. I'm sure I can find a good song. Are you a Bass, or a Tenor?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 09:10
Thon grinned, "Baritone. Just to be difficult." Various of the others put in their ranges proving that they had a nice mix of Tenor to Bass with Carrey's Soprano to add a bit of colour.
Tanis however was still fixed on his idea.
"Mistress Frodurien. You'd lidten to it and tell us if it's alright wont you?"
"Of course Tanis." She giggled again.
"Now lads, who's with me?"
Den looked up, "I will be, give me two seconds!" And he carefully leapt up from the table and hobbled at high speed back to his room. He returned a few seconds later clutching a long cloth bag from which he produced a pipe made of some dark wood that showed the wear of loving use.
"Ready lads?"
"Aye!" So saying Den stuck up into a jaunty tune that didn't sound at all out of place in a Hobbit kitchen and the Rangers began to sing.
"Where be that Blackbird to?
I know where 'ee be!
'Ee be up yon Wurzel tree and I be after 'ee!
'Ee sees I and I sees 'ee.
Jiggered if I don't get 'im.
With a great big stick I'll knock 'im down.
Blackbird I'll 'ave 'ee!"
The fell about laughing as the convivial atmosphere in the room deepened and they began to feel truly at home.

Ooc - The Wurzels wrote that I think. To make sense of the odd spelling sing it in an accent very much like a strong version of Samwise's. It's a Somerset accfent from my local area and it sounds great if it's done properly.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 03:13
Frodurien giggled uncontrollably with the rest of them and fell onto her chair. As soon as she was able to speak she smiled at all of them. “I think it would be fine, it would get a laugh, no doubt. I like it.” She giggled again. “How about you Carrey?” Carrey giggled to show her approval and Frodurien laughed with her. They all moved to the living room and carried on their conversation until Frodurein called out: “I think its time for some dessert, don’t you Carrey?” The men all looked eager for more food, and she thought it was as good a time as any for dessert.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 09:00
Den grinned at the mention of Hobbit cooked sweets and settled back on the comfortable sofa he had ended up on to wait. Idly he began to blow random notes on his pipe Soon he had a nice melody and began to improvise on it. To the surprise of all Quentin began to sing a simple line beneath the music in the rolling bass of his native Rohan while Caramon picked up on the warrior's ballad being sung and added the tenor. Soon the room was thrumming with the low, rhythmic music, balanced by he clear, high notes of the pipe and none of the men even looked up from his own thoughts as the two Hobbit lasses returned, laden with trays of goodies.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 11:00
Carrey laughed, and jumped up and ran to the kitchen. She dug into the pantry, and came up with platters of cookies that she had baked earlier in the day, and then she grabbed the first attempt at a cake, iced with white icing, and piped on the top was " Congratulation Fro and Den".
Carrey turned and handed the plates of cookies to Fro, and told her to go ahead, that she would be right in. She knodded, and picked up the cookies,set them on a tray and walked into the dining room.
Carrey waited until Fro was gone, and then uncovered the cake. It was a spice cake, with puffy white icing, and green icing making up the writing. She hoped they liked it.
Carefully balancing the cake, she walked into the dining room, set the cake before Den and Fro, and stepped back to watch the reaction.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 03:08
Frodurien was sitting next to Den when Carrey came in. She had started to hum the soprano part to the song when she noticed what the cake in front of them said. Den stopped piping and was looking at the cake too. Fro blushed, it was so nice of Carrey to do it. She looked up at Carrey and smiled a timid 'thank you' before looking to Den. "This is beautiful." She whispered and Den smiled with her. Everyone watched to two of them, and Frodurien couldn't stop blushing.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 09:24
Den let his hand slide over Fro's shoulder and find her hands, clasped as they were in her lap. For a second he just waited in silence, in that silghtly posessive pose before he broke into a beaming smile and pulled Carrey into a fierce one armed hug.
"Thankyou Carrey! This is wonderful of you!" He planted a quick kiss on her cheek then sat back surveying the merry little gathering. "Shall we cut it then?"
The rangers chuckled and one handed him the cake knife, each eager to taste what such a beautiful cake was like.
"It seems a shame to cut it really." Fro sighed but she placed her hands over Den's and the two cut the cake together in true wedding style.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 02:55
The cake was surprisingly easy to cut, and the spicy scent reached her nose as they pulled out the first piece. Frodurien knew what was going to happen once Den shot her a wicked smile. But she got ahold of the piece first. She pulled apart a huge chunk and shoved it into his mouth, and around his mouth. Really, all over his face. She giggled because he looked so cute with frosting all over his face, and was surprized that she started the cake smushing first.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 09:23
Wtih something halfway between a laugh, a choke and a roar Den launched himself at Fro, grabbing the rest of the cake and getting in a bit of smushing himself.
"It hink we'd better leave them to it lads." Thon stated as two squeaks, one small and feminine, the other deeper, indicated that the cute couple had managed to roll off the sofa.
The others nodded in agreement and set about taking their own slices of Carrey's culinary triumph.
Lying on the floor Den wiped the frosting he had not managed to lick off away from his face and chuckled, wondering how Fro had managed to get cake in her hair. "If this is what our wedding day is like I will ahve to meet your parents beforehand. They coudl get quite the wrong impression."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 07:22
"If this is what our wedding day is like I will have to meet your parents beforehand. They could get quite the wrong impression."
Fro giggled, “Wrong impression?” She giggled mischievously and kissed him. “Now why would I want that?” She kissed him again. “You know, ‘sa matter of fact, a wrong impression doesn’t sound too bad.” She giggled and then got up, helping Den up too. Their plate was on the table; it still had some cake left on it and Fro smiled. “Here, Den.” She said sweetly and pushed the rest into his mouth tenderly. “It’s really wonderful cake isn’t it?” He nodded and she cocked her head to one side and gently played with his fingers as the others finished up the cake. She leaned over spontaneously and kissed him passionately, taking him in her arms and pouring out her soul into his. He kissed her back, until she became dizzy and pulled away, leaning on him for support. There wasn’t a need to say anything at all; she looked at him with her eyes softly glowing, full of passion and loyalty, tenderness and admiration.

[Edited on 20/11/2004 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 09:06
Suddenly Den forgot about the others in the room, his eyes were only for Frodurien. Gasping for breath after the passion of their kiss he fought down the warmth that was spreading throughout his body and stared deep into her night blue eyes.
"Frodurien." He began, "I am only a man Frodurien. I have only a mortal's self control. If you're going to make a habit of kissing me like that then we're going to have to get married soon for I will not be resposible for my actions." He took her hands in his, "I would not dishonour you Frodurien. I love you too much for that. Just be assure that if we hold back now then our wedding night will be the most magical the Shire has known."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 02:36
Frodurien was startled to hear him admit that to her. She couldn’t find words to say to him. “Den, I, you, we…” She gave up and just nodded. The thought hadn’t occurred to her, and she desperately hoped he knew she hadn’t meant that. “Oh darling, I didn’t mean too, I just love you so, and I couldn’t stand not showing you. Telling you beyond words, I mean. I love you, Den.” She squeezed his hands affectionately.

It must have been Caramon who sniffed, and she nearly jumped out of her skin. The whole room had been deathly quiet, except for her and Den, and she had quite forgotten they were there. She looked at them and giggled. “Den,” She whispered, “it seems we had an audience.”
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 04:43
Den swore mentally, he was never going to be allowed to live this one down! On the outside though he grinned and shot Fro a salicious glance from beneath heavy lids, "Well, what say we go somewhere there isn't one?"
He pulled Fro off the sofa and across the room to the door.
"Yah, be off with you, you randy beggar!" Thon swatted his brother on the rump as he passed, chuckling at seeing him so happy. Glancing at the grandfather clock in the corner he clapped his hands together, "And off with the rest of you. I've got errands for most of you and jobs for the rest tomorrow. Get some sleep and we'll see what this place will look like as a Ranger station."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 01:11
Frodurien let him lead her to his room, and she sat down on his bed. He closed the door behind her and she watched him as he sat on the bed next to her. He looked different… tired, and very mysterious, she felt her heart skip a beat. He had never looked at her that way before. He put his arms around her and pulled her close, she could feel the heat of his body, it wrapped around her like a blanket and comforted her. She tilted her head back and looked deep into his eyes. Her heart beat faster as he leaned towards her, his mouth encasing her own. He kissed her softly at first, and then with a swift graduation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only thing in a dizzying, swaying world. She felt a rush of helplessness, and she surrendered herself up to him. She felt the surging tide of his warmth, leaving her limp. He had never kissed her like it before, and it left her breathless. She looked up at him again, there was something in his eyes that she could not understand, something wild, reckless. He kissed her again, and soon she found she was kissing him back. Once he pulled away she leaned her head against his shoulder again. His lips were poised over hers and her lips trembled. “Den, stop, stop or I shall faint.” She said, barely able to whisper.

[Edited on 21/11/2004 by Frodurien]
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 07:34
Carrey watched Fro and Den, and then chuckled and slipped out to her office. She didn't know what else to do, so she took some paper from her writing box, and sat down and began to doodle ideas for a wedding cake, some improvements that could be made to the Robin, and then simply doodleing.
Quite unconsiously, she began to sing again, in her soft alto a song about lost love, how sometimes love triumphs and somtimes it fades away and dies. It was in an old dialect of elvish that she had learned from a relative long gone. Her thoughts drifted back to a few years ago....
************Flashback*******
Carrey was a mere 23, just barely more than a child, in hobbit terms. She had fallen in love for the first time, with a hobbit that lived in the next town over from hers. His name was Nario Proudfeet, and he was in love with her. He made Carrey laugh, but never made her cry. They were planning the future, where they would get married, and have twelve children. But then, for some reason, Nario lost interest in her, broke her heart, and ran off with her best friend at that time. She had neither heard nor seen either one since. That was when she left Bree, and moved out to Hobbiton, bought the Laughing robin, and settled down to run an inn, far away from the memories that haunted her, the people who scorned her for no reason.
******* End Flashback*****
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 10:02
Ooc - Aww! indianna!

Ic - “Den, stop, stop or I shall faint.” Fro whispered, her head lying comfortably int he crook of his neck. He breathed a laugh and lay down, bringing her with him.
As she recovered her breath he wrapped one of her curls around his finger and lay there, winding and unwinding the silken lock, his mind blessedly free of thought of anything other than the warmth of the woman in his arms, the slow rise and fall of her chest and the tiny flutter of her heart against his.
Out of the windw he watched the moon rise, full and bright, to bathe them both in its liquid silver light. When Frodurien looked up at him her eyes seemed to catch and hold a spark of light and hold it there, grounded, its beauty for him alone. His breath caught in his throat, he suddenly felt that he knew what the Elven Paradise must look like and he wished that this might could last forever.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 04:13
As Frodurien watched Den look at her, she noticed a softness in his face that she couldn’t imagine any man to feel. She smiled at him, after a while she felt drowsy and closed her eyes. Eru only knew how tired she was. Very soon, she was asleep without her even realizing it. Her dreams were pleasant, and she was still smiling. In the middle of the night, she rolled over and opened her eyes, where she found she was still sleeping with Den. She giggled when she thought of how the rangers would talk about them. She pulled the covers around them and turned her body to face his. One arm she tucked under
her head and the other she placed lazily across Den’s chest. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and settled down comfortably. She listened to his steady, slow breathing and closed her eyes, drifting slowly back into her dreams.
The night went by quickly, or so Fro thought, she could have lain with him forever, forgetting the rest of the world. The sunlight seeped slowly into the room and the warmth tickled her nose, she opened her eyes and turned her head to Den. He was still sleeping, but he would be awake soon enough. She looked out the window and watched as the birds sang their songs in the trees, and then the sunrise, slowly, painting the room with lilacs and oranges and reds and yellows. She sniffed and smelled that Carrey was in the kitchen, making muffins, bread, eggs, fried vegetables, bacon, sausage. And anything else anyone might like to eat.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 06:27
Early the next morning, Carrey got up with the intention of making a big breakfast to celebrate. To her surprise, when she walked into the kitchen, Caramon was sitting there, waiting for her. " I'm handy in the kitchen, I'd like to help" he said.
Carrey was surprised and pleased, and immediatly put him to work. Soon they had a big breakfast made, bread in the oven, and food ready to be served. As she and Caramon got it all to the table, everyone began to troop in.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 10:10
Thon sauntered into the kitchen, ducking under the low doorway, and sniffed theatrically at the warm aromas the filled the room.
"Mm! Something smells good. My compliments to the chef!"
"Why thankyou Cap'n!"
Thon snapped his eyes open and what a sight met them! Caramon had found an old apron of Carrey's and tied it round his waist, despite the fact that it only just fitted.
"You'll make someone a wonderful wife Caramon." He teased before sitting down at the table and waiting for the others to arrive.

Den opened his eyes to find Fro outlined in the blaze of the sunrise.
"Good Morning melleth nin." He sat up and stretched long and luxuriously, marvelling at how little his wound hurt. Had he been treating someone with somethign similar the patient would still be in bed moaning in agony, not preparing to meet his fiancee's parent's for the first time. He made a mental note to get the recipie for his tea from Doctor Holied.
Padding up behind Frodurien he wrapped his armsa round her, bent down and laid a soft, lingering kiss on one cheek.
"Did you sleep well?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 03:09
Frodurien smiled, but kept her eyes on the little bird she had been watching. “I slept wonderfully. But, honey, what about the others, what are they going to think?” She turned to look at him. “Come on, sit up, watch the sunrise with me.” She helped him sit up and put her arm in his. After a few minutes the smell of breakfast got stronger. “Den? I think we should go to breakfast. They’re going to think something awful, I just know it. All well,” She sighed. “I’m going to get changed. If we’re going to see my parents, I might as well look nice.” She giggled and climbed off the bed. She straightened the ruffles in her dress and left him alone.

Fro walked down the hallway, stepping lightly so as not to disturb anyone. She quickly chose a lightweight, short red dress and changed into it. She chose a thick cream colored ribbon for her hair, and tied a high pony tail. She changed into cream colored slippers and before leaving, spun around in the mirror making sure she looked alright. Her face was already full of color, and her cheeks were as rosy as ever. She walked down the hall and opened the door to the kitchen. More then half the men were already there, including Den.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email