Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: November 25, 2004 09:48
Simon looked up at the opening of the kitchen door and, on seeing Fro, attempted to wolf whistle. However it apparently placed too much strain on his attractively purple nose for what he actually did was snort loudly and almost fall off his seat as he realised that it had probably been a bad idea.
"Morning Fro!" Thon waved and patted the seat between him and Den, "I hear the pair of you slept well."
"Not as well as they'll be sleeping soon."
"Shut up Tanis!" Den tossed a bread roll at the big ranger, his face registering exasperated amusement. Turning to Fro he dropped his head to one side quizzically, "Out of interest, how far t it to your parent's house? And should I dress up, you know, ceremonial uniform?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 01:58
Fro blushed as she sat down between Thon and Den. “It’s pretty close, only about a mile away. But, as for the ceremonial uniform, just something that looks nice. Nothing fancy, or anything, just casual, and comfortable.” She reached for a roll and buttered it, then put it on her plate. She wasn’t very hungry, she was nervous, what should happen if her father didn’t like him? Almost every boyfriend she had, her father hadn’t liked, and they were forced to break it off. She sighed and then took a bite, but smiled as she noticed Den was watching her. She reached for the coffee and poured herself a cup, adding her normal amount of cream and sugar. She drank the whole cup as she listened to the conversations about what they were planning on doing today, but she didn’t eat anything. She was still worried about her father, and the conversation about what they were hoping to accomplish kept reminding her about Fresky.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 10:01
"A mile?" Den looked pleased, "A pleasant stroll that'll be."
"And Caramon's going with you, at least on the way there."
Den assumed his 'put upon little brother' look, "Thon, I'm fine, I don't need a nursemaid."
"And you wont be getting one!" Caramon put in, "Cap'n's sent me off to see this Oin chap in the woods about some new weapons. You're going my way, we may as well go together."
Shaking his head at the attention the older Rangers were paying to him Den finished the last morsel on his plate and stood, "Well you'd better sort yourself out pretty fast Caramon, as soon as i've changed we're off. If that's alright with you Fro."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 10:38
"Um hum." Frodurien said. She sat back in her seat and tried to relax, but she was worried someone might notice her nerves were on edge so a little after Den left the kitchen she went outside to wait for him there.
Once she was able to breathe some fresh air and feel some wind on her face, she felt a little more relaxed. She walked away from the building and leaned on the fence. Den was out before Caramon and they waited for him together.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 09:22
Soon enough Caramon sauntered out of the Inn, dressed very much like Den, his shirt open necked weapons left off, all except and eating knife, the only Ranger insignia anywhere being the silver Northern Star that held their cloaks closed at the neck.
"Ready?"
"Aye, let's be off then."
For a while the three wandered along in companiable silence, their pace slower than usual to accomdate Den. After some way however, Caramon broke the hush around them with something that had oviously been bothering him.
"Den?"
"Hmm?"
"Why are you getting so snappish at Thon lately? You seem to be rebelling against him at every given oppoutunity, you're heading for a big change and I'm worried about the pair of you."
Den considered for a second, surprised at the astute observations of his friend, "Well, I think it is because I'm heading for change. I'm a full grown man, I'm getting married, Eru willing, and he still treats me like I'm twelve!"
"He still sees you as his baby brother Den." Caramon counselled, his brows drawn together as he considered his next statement, "He has been the only one there to care for you since your Father died and your Mother..." He stopped uncomfortably, unsure as to how to continue.
"So you're saying Thon can't let me grow up?" Den didn't need the sentence to be finished.
"Pretty much."
"Well he's just going to have to learn to." the finality of his tone and the set of his jaw stated irrevocably that the conversation was over. Caramon sighed, he could see a long time of acting as moderator between the two looming.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 07:32
Frodurien listened to the pair as they quarreled and thought to herself: ‘Goodness, how stubborn men can be.’ Sooner than she thought, Caramon bid them farewell and took a smaller path, leading close into a patch of woods. She began to feel butterflies in her stomach again as they walked closer and closer to her home.
“Den?” She asked after a moment of horrific reveries.
“Hmm?”
I’ve just had a thought, what, what if my dad doesn’t like you? What happens if he doesn’t want you to marry me?” Her voiced cracked and she choked. “What would we do?” She cried, obviously she wasn’t as ready as she thought she was.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 05:42
As Carrey watched the three of them leave the inn, she decided that she wanted to go see her friend Oin, the smith, and maybe convince him to give the Rangers a good deal.
She left the inn, and went along the back trail, to where it branched off and led back to his house and smithy.
Carrey walked up to the house and looked around. Good, no sign of rangers. She stepped up to the front door, and knocked in a code. -Rap-rap-thrap-thrap-rap-rap. The door flew open,and Oin came out.
"Little Carrey! I haven't seen you in weeks! What brings you back here?" Oin said. He was a round hobbit, quite untypical in appearance, but had a big heart under the rough smith exterior.
" I came to ask you a favor." Carrey replied. " I have some guests, and they need to buy a lot of weapons. Could you give them a bit of a discount. They're big folk, but they're remodeling my inn, and they're going to be around for a while.Be nice to them for me ok? One of them should be right behind me." With that, there was a rap on the door. Carrey ducked out of sight, with the admonition not to let him know she was there.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 09:19
Den dropped to one knee infront of Frodurien, his hands on her shoulders and his eyes staring deeply into hers.
"We will cross that bridge if we come to it. Surely he cannot fully know what he thinks of me in one meeting? If he takes against me now, I will meet with him again and again until he sees how much I love you and that I would never let any harm befall his precious daughter. Anyway," He grinned jauntily as he straightened up, "Who could not love me?"
Soon, even at Den's slow pace, they reached a pleasant cottage with a kitchen garden at the back and flowerbeds all around. Suddenly Den thought that the prettily painted front door looked rather menacing and he felt as if he was back at his first battle. Looking down at Fro he squeezed her hand.
"It's your house melleth nin."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 04:34
Fro felt a little more confident, but held her breath as she knocked on the door. Perhaps they weren’t home? No, it was her mother to answer the door. She felt relieved and exhaled.
“Mother!” She exclaimed, she was particularly happy it wasn’t her father who answered the door.
“Frodurien, I have been wondering were you’ve gone off too, I began to think you ran away.” Mrs. Fairborn joked, and hugged her daughter. “Who is it that you have brought with you? A new friend?”
Fro nodded enthusiastically “Yes, mother I’d like you to meet Denother.” She smiled at him and moved aside. “Hello Denother, come in, welcome to our home… Oh, Frodurien, I almost forgot, your father would like you to meet someone, I believe he’s up to his old tricks again.”
“Who?”
“He’s coming over to dinner tonight. I do hope he’s cuter then the last one.”
“Wait a second, you don’t mean? No, I told him I wasn’t going to marry anyone I don’t fall in love with first.”
“Oh honey, I know, but this one sounds nice, and he’s only thirty seven. You know, your father and I had an arranged marriage.”
Fro’s eyes welled up with tears and she looked up at Den. “Mom, I, I’m already…”
“Don’t give me any excuses, Frodurien. Tell your father you don’t want him to, but he’ll be angry. You know how I feel about it, but you must listen to your father. Now, dry your tears, your father will be home very soon.” Her mother interrupted. Fro tore her eyes from her mother’s gaze and sobbed onto Den’s side.

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 09:09
Ooc - *Laura looks at Leggy, her little green plot bunny - 'did you know anything about this?' - Leggy shakes his head*
lol, nice one Fro!

Ic - Den dropped to his knees and cradled Fro's head in the crook of his shoulder and neck.
"Shhh. Melleth nin, shh. Everything will be fine." He stroked her silken hair with one hand and pulled her close with the other.
Looking up to where Fro's mother still stood in the doorway looking more than a little perplexed he smiled wryly.
"Mrs Fairborn. I think Frodurien and I have a confession to make." Thinking about what little he knew of Fro's parents he added "Preferrably before your husband gets home."
"I think you'd better come in." Mrs Fairborn led the way into the cottage's cosy living room. "Take a seat, take a seat." She fussed around plumping cusions as if to prepare herself for whatever news her daughter and her strange new friend brought, "I would offer some refreshments but I think this news takes precedence."
"Indeed Mrs Fairborn, it is... rather important. Den settled down as best he could on the Hobbit sized furniture, "I'm afraid that your husbands arrangements have rather forced our ahnd so I shall not beat about the bush. Frodurien and I are engaged. We came here to break the news and to recieve your blessing for the marrige to take place. Now I see we may have more of a battle on our hands than we first thought." He kept his eyes soft and his voice low, but nothing could truly deaden the shock Mrs Fairborn must feel.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 11:40
((thanks))
It took a little while for the news to really hit Mrs. Fairborn. After a minute she smiled, but looked a bit winded. “Well, that is really surprising news, I thought it was going to take forever for Frodurien to get married.” Then she smiled genuinely, for she liked the ranger, he seemed nice, and he would take care of her daughter. That much she knew, but she did want to know more about her future son-in-law.
“Denother, I have a plan. I am inviting you to dinner tonight. Also, Frodurien, look as if you are seriously considering liking the guy your father brings home. That’ll keep him in a good mood. I’ll pull out the old wine, and some ale. Once he’s good and drunk, we’ll tell him. He always agrees when he is drunk. I’ll get the other hobbit to leave right after dessert. We can pull this off, but I need some cooperation. Are you with me?”
“Yes mother.” Frodurien was excited. Den nodded and Fro saw in his eyes a boyish mischief she found to be quite adorable.
“Alright then, your father will be home any moment, and from now until the news after dessert, you are just friends.” Just then Mr. Fairborn yelled from the doorway.
“Honey, would you mind getting me some ale? It’s been a rough day.”
“Father!” Frodurien said, excited to see him.
“Frodurien, you are finally home, where have you been at? Next time, tell us how long it shall be until you are coming home.”
“I’ve stayed in Hobbiton, if that is what you are asking. With Carrey. And I made a new friend, Denother.”
“So you are Denother.” Mr. Fairborn said, not even smiling at him.
“I invited him to dinner, darling. I hope you don’t mind.”
“No, but, isn’t Hibred coming tonight?”
“Hibred?” Fro asked innocently.
“I want you to meet him, he is a man of good standing in Hobbiton, and very wealthy.”
“Oh father, another man? Haven’t I told you I want to meet someone on my own?”
“Yes, too many times, but you won’t settle soon enough. The time has come for you to be married.”
“I guess you are right father, I should settle down.” Mr. Fairborn raised his eyebrow, then smiled.
“That’s my girl.”
“Now, Denother, tell me about yourself.”
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 10:28
Den valiently fought back his grin and sat with Mr Fairborn while Mrs Fairborn and Frodurien fussed over dinner. Deciding to keep it plesant he stuck to the potted version of his life.
"Well sir, I became a Ranger at the age of seventeen, as all sons of respectable Gondorian houses are expected to. I worked my way up the ranks to leiuteneant having seen service in Far Harad, Mordor, Rohan and various other places. I like eating, drinking and having a good time and am set to become one of the permanent postings at the Ranger base we plan to set up at the Laughing Robin in town."
The two men passed more idle banter but were soon interrupted by a knock at the door. Mr Fairborn got up to answer it and warmly greeted the Hobbit lad he found.
Hibred turned ot to be a rather scholarly looking Hobbit with wire rimmed spectacles perced on the end of his nose and a slight stoop as though he spent too much time leaning over a desk. His manner was nice enough however and soon all three men were conversing happily about anything and everything until Mrs Fairborn poked her head around the door and called, "Dinner!"

Ooc - Over to you Fro. I hope you don't mind me describing Hibred.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 10:14
((No, it’s good that you did, I hoped you would, thanx))

The three men walked into the kitchen together, still talking about whatever Fro’s dad happened to think interesting. Frodurien took one look at Hibred and tried to keep from laughing. Hibred walked up to Frodurien and swallowed, smiling, he said, “Frodurien, I have heard so much about you, and, I believe we were meant for each other. You are the most beautiful hobbit lass I have ever seen.” Frodurien bit her lip to keep from giggling and forced herself to blush.
“Thank you kindly, Hibred, but I have yet to learn about you.” She smiled at him, he was the kind of hobbit she would have thought to be a friend, not a beau. The table was already set, and Hibred pulled out a chair for Fro, and she sat in it, he sat next to her and winked at her. Fro caught Den’s eye, unnoticed by anyone else at the table, and her father already looked pleased with himself. Once everyone began eating, the conversation picked up. It was mostly Fro and Den and Hibred.
Hibred was pretty frisky for a book hobbit, and he kept trying to hold her hand under the table. After the food was finished, and her father was more than a little tipsy, and completely happy, Fro and her mother quickly cleared the table, and brought out the dessert. It was an apple pie, and Fro’s mother sliced it into five rather large pieces and put one on everyone’s plate. She ate about half her piece, and let Hibred finish the other half.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 09:49
Slowly Den pushed his pie around his plate, not only was he still unused to Hobbit sized portions and was full to bursting but he was also considering how to break the news without Hibred getting annoyed, he couldn't afford to go around making enemies now.
Leaning back he let out a genteel sigh of contentment.
"Thankyou Mrs Fairborn, that was wonderful. I could see myself making a habit of this."
"You could?" Hibred raised an eyebrow as he lay his fork down.
"I could indeed."
"How so?"
"Ah. Hibred. I'm afraid that your evening here has been slightly wasted."
"Wasted!"
"Hibred," Fro placed both her hands on his forearm, "Please don't take this the wrong way."
Den severley doubted that there was a right way to take it.
"Aye. Frodurien and I have an announcement. We are engaged. I love her deeply and look forward to the day that she can become my wife."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 07:13
“WHAT!?!” Hibred yelled, Mr. Fairborn yelped and fell from his chair. Hibred’s face was as red as a cherry as he glared at Den. Fro buried her face in her hands, this wasn’t going to go as well as she had hoped.
“Please, just, please sit down, Hibred.” Frodurien said softly, tugging at his arm. Finally he sat and just stared at her.
“Frodurien, you, tell me he is joking.”
“No, Den isn’t joking, he and I came over to tell my family, and that’s when I learned you were coming over… I’m sorry, Hibred, really I am.”
“Well, Frodurien, couldn’t you have told me, at least when I first came in?”
“I was afraid my father would be angry.”
“Well, now I’m angry.” He took a deep breath, then he turned to Mrs. Fairborn. “Tell your husband he will not be in contact with me for a little while, I will contact him when I wish, if I wish.” Mrs. Fairborn nodded. Hibred go up from his chair, kissed her hand, and left in a flash. That was about the time Mr. Fairborn got up from the floor.
“Wow, my ‘ead ‘urts” He said. “Pour me another ale, buddy.” He hiccuped, and picked up the ale Den had just poured and gulped it down.
“Daddy, Daddy listen.” Fro said.
“Huh?”
“Me and Den are getting married.”
“Oh that’s nice.”
“Do we have your blessing?” She asked, feeling her consience tugging at her.
“Um hmm, whatever you want sweetheart.” she smiled and kissed him.
“Mother?”
“Yes dear?”
“Do you want us to stay the night?”
“No I think it’s better you went back to Carrey’s”
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 09:46
Den dropped his head into his hands, "Does anyone know what Hibred has good standing in?"
Mrs Fairborn thoguht for a second, "I believe he is a banker, and a good one."
"B...bother!" Den corrected himslef, he'd better at least try to seem civilised.
"What darling?"
"The Rangers can't keep all their money at the Robin, we'd be robbed, even here. We need to make use of a banker and now Hibred will poison the lot of them against us!"
"You'll be fine Den dear." Mrs Fairborn began to collect up dishes, "I'll get Fredegar to put in a good word for you all. If their anything like you then you must be wonderful young men and Ii can't see anyone harbouring a grudge against the lot of you."
"Thankyou Mrs Fairborn. Do you want any help with the dishes?"
"No thankyou dear, I'll be fine. now run along you two, beofre your father starts to sober up."
"I think we'll come back in a couple of days to make everything official Mrs Fairborn. It just doesn't seem right, leaving it hanging like this."
"That would be nice. Now shoo! Get out from under my feet!"
Den smiled his gratitude and took Fro's hand, stepping out intot he moonlit night.

(Just before the dinner party)

"Hello?"
"Come in lad!"
Caramon pushed open the door to the small forge and found the place swelteringly hot but clean and plesant all the same.
"Mr Oin? I've been sent by the Rangers from the Laughing Robin. We plan to set up a permanent base there and need weapons. You were reccomended to us as good blacksmith and I wondered if you'd be interested in a new business partnership."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 08:35
Fro and Den walked for a while in silence, Fro thinking of how horrible the night had been, and how it could have been much better. Den thinking of how things hadn’t gone too bad, and that it could have been worse.
“Den, the moon is very big tonight.” She said, trying to forget about what had happened and enjoy the evening. “But the weather is a little too chilly for me.” He chuckled.

Fresky had been working all day, and had almost completely forgotten about Frodurien, when one of his buddies, Gemtel, invited him to the bar with him. As they sat there, passing on idle banter about the work place, Gemtel was on his second drink when he brought up something Fresky was not at all in the mood to talk about.
“So, Fresk, you know, I was talkin’ to the boys the other day, and one a’ them told me he saw someone with you this one night. Not only someone...” He leaned closer to Fresky, “Some girl. He old me she was right pretty and you guys were hittin’ it off pretty well. He says he could see it in the way you looked at ’er. So, you thinkin’ a settlin’ down Fresky? And you still need to introduce me too ‘er, for you think too much into ‘er. If you catch my drift. So, Fresk, ya kiss ‘er yet?”
Fresky just nodded his head, and winced, touching his hand to the side of his face. Gemtel’s eyes got big. “What’s ‘er name?”
“Frodurien.”
“That’s a pretty name, she is pretty, ain’t she?”
“Yeah, she’s beautiful. She has the most gorgous big blue eyes, soft curly blonde hair, and is just the right height. I tell you, she’s one in a million, that girl is.”
“You always did have all the luck with the ladies.”
“Tell that to the guy who’s with her.”
“What? You mean to say yer lost ‘er a pretty little thing like her? How could ya? You shouldn’t a let her get away!”
“She was never mine to begin with!”
“But ya kissed her! Ya told me ya did!”
“Yeah, but I never should’ve, now I’ve completely fallen for her, and she won’t even have anything to do with me!” And with that he stormed off, needing to cool off by himself. “What’s that Denother guy have that I don’t got?”

((I thought it about time too put him back in the story. ))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 09:50
Ooc - Try three extra feet of height and no stalkerish tendencies!

Ic - "What say I warm you up?" He reached down and slipped his hand sensuously into the curls at the nape of her neck. He stayed silent for a little while more then snapped his fingers as an idea hit him, "I know! I'll start on the mould for your ring tomorrow! If you'll give me some idea as to what you want anyway."

Ooc - Mind blank! ARRRGH!!!!
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 04:09
“I don’t want it too big, mind you. I like it simple. Just, really, whatever you want to put on it. I don’t normally wear rings, so I don’t know what I want.” Fro said. She breathed in the cool night air and watched a squirrel run across their path. She laughed as another squirrel come and take away one off the first squirrel’s acorns. Then she began to hum a merry little tune and was soon swaying to her own music.

“Well it obviously isn’t brains,” Fresky thought “But I would have to say, he does have an advantage in the brawn category.” Fresky was slowly making his way towards his favorite place, near the lake. He was taking the long way, and he was enjoying the walk, time to think about how he could get back to being at least friends with Frodurien. He thought about what she had last said to him, and he shuddered. He knew he would have to wait, let time heal some bruises.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 07:38
Happy Holidays you guys!!! I wuv you!! And Happy New Year!! :love:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 11:45
Ooc - Yeah, Merry Crimbo and a Happy New Year to all!!!!!
:hug:

Ic - Eventually Den gave up trying to keep pace with Fro's swaying and, throwing all his inhibitions to the wind he grabbed Fro's far hand in his own, placed her near hand on his hip and began to waltz her down the path back to the Robin, laughing as he went.

Inside Quentin had been idly doodling as the others chatted away around him. Just as the sun was beginning to set he decided to turn in but stopped beside Carrey on his way out, handing her his scrap of parchment.
"What do you think of that as a sign for the Pub?"
On the paper was a rotund bird with a shaded breast leaning back against a snowy log as though his legs could no longer support him, his little beak turned up and wide open in laughter. His wing was even to his eyes as little tears of mirth flew from them.
Quentin's eyes met Carrey, anxious to please, "Well?"
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 02:31
Carrey looked at the drawing, and was amazed the amount of detail in it. The ouline of each feather, the shadows on the snowy log, and crystaline tears of mirth flowing down the bird's face.
" Oh Quentin, its wonderful. I had never thought of making a sign for the inn. Thank you. I love it."
Walking over to him, she spontaneously gave him a big hug. " How will you make the sign? Out of wood? and when are we going to start on the self-defense lessons? I want to start as soon as possible."
Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a stick she had whittled into the shape of a small dagger. " See, i made this to practice with." she said as she showed it to him.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 06:05
"We'll start them when we have weapons." Quentin said simply, "Caramon should have sorted something good out with that Smith of yours so, as soon as he has something we can begin." He reached out and took the wooden dagger from Carrey, testing its heft and balance, "This should be good to teach you the shape of a blade and what you can and can't do without skewering yourself. very important to know, but nothing can beat a metal blade for how it will behave." He grinned at Carrey's slightly bemused expression, "I know, it's hard to explain. Suffice it to say that weapons often seem to have a life of their own and you are merely guiding them to do what they want to do anyway. You'll see when you start fighting. For now, Good night Carrey, sweet dreams."

Ooc - indianna, could you write for your Oin please? Only Caramon is stuck in the forest right about now trying to deal with him.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 07:14
Oin- As Carrey was trying to hide, he shooed her out of the back door, with the promise to go easy on the rangers. After seeing Carrey running down the back path, he set his face in a semi-scowl and turned to open the door.
Standing outside was a man, the ranger that Carrey had told him about. " Yes? What do you want?" Oin asked gruffly.
Caramon began to ask about prices on different weapons, swords, knives, daggers, and other armour. Oin held up his hand and said "Follow me." He beckoned, and led Caramon around the outside of the house to the back, where the forge was, and the store house. Fishing a key out of his pocket, Oin unlocked the door, and led the man into a large underground storage area. From the floor to the ceiling, wall to wall, was covered in the most amazing assortment of weaponry Caramon had ever seen. Oin began " You can select whatever you want, then we can haggle on a price, and how many more you'll need. I can tell just by looking at you that we'll be doing business for a long time." He tried to look gruff, and the hints of a smile began creeping into the corners of his mouth. Turning quickly, he busied himself with heating up the forge for a new sword he was working on.
After Caramon had selected a good beginers set of weapons, he brought them over to Oin. " What do you think would be fair?" he asked the ranger?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 08:49
Ooc - Thanks indianna.

Ic - Caramon made a quick calculation of the materials and man hours that went into each weapon then added a few for they were of a quality he had rarely seen outside Elven forges then settled on a figure.
"Twenty five silver the lot, to be paid in instalments, and the offer of some strapping lads to lend a hand if you ever feel you need it. Most of the Rangers have rudimentary smithing skills and can probably lift something more than you can, no offense. We could offer services in part payment."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 10:57
((Sorry it’s taken me soooo long to reply, Ive been really busy))

Frodurien laughed with him, their joy disrupting the peace of the quiet night. The stars were shining, and it was a half moon that night, not enough to light their way, so the lanterns, though few and far between, really were helpful. “I don’t think my father shall be very happy when he sobers up.” She giggled, “I really would love to see his face, my mother and I always laughed at the colors his face would turn, first deathly white, then pink, then red, turning into an almost purple, and form there he would turn back to white. Once he was finished yelling, and slamming doors, I do believe it is his most favorite sport, slamming doors, and stamping around the house most pompously.” She giggled again, and very soon they were nearing the Inn.

Fresky woke up to the sound of laughter and realized then that he had fallen asleep. Once he had shaken off his sleepiness, he took off into the dark, to find what had startled him to consciousness. He stopped dead when he saw the couple waltzing down the road, and he felt as if someone punched him in the stomach. He sat down, for he knew he might fall if he didn’t. As he watched them he pitied himself, Why, oh, why didn’t I get her first? He thought. But he smiled as he thought of all the other girl-friends he had, he knew he was desirable. They all told him he was handsome, so he knew he couldn’t have turned ugly over night. Then a thought popped into his head, maybe, because Hobbiton was not too huge, he would be able to make her jealous, for, she herself made him mighty jealous, with engaging a ranger. He studied Den’s face. He isn’t bad-looking at all, although he could do with a haircut.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 09:28
Den chuckled, "He does infact sound very much like my old Drill Sergeant!"
As they came into the yard of the Robin he stopped their mad twirling and led them at a more sedate pace into the common room.
"Evenin' all!" He called cheerily as the burst in.
"How'd it go?" Thon asked, his legs up on the chair beside him but his excitement evident in his eyes.
"Well." Den sat down opposite his brother, "We're engaged, but we had to get her father drunk so he'd agree and I've made an enemy of one of Hobbiton's money-lenders."
"You didn't! Den what were you thinking?!"
"It's not my fault! Fro's father brought him home to try and marry her off to him, he'd set his heart on the deal and was mildly annoyed when some ruggedly handsome Rander lad stole his girl from under his nose."
"Don't kid yourself." Thon grinned, "Oh well, they'll be other money-lenders. Let's just hope they'll talk to us."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 09:37
"Oh, they will." Fro added. "My mom does have quite a lot of friends, and she could start a boycott if they didn't." She giggled at the thought, she was still almost breathless and excited over the extensive twirling and fast dancing. She sat down next to Den and held his hand. "Wheres Carrey?" She asked, wondering if it was really that late, her eyes darted to the clock, 9:57. It was getting sort of late, but Carrey was normally still up.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 08:59
"Oh, she's closeted off with Quentin somewhere." Caramon waved a hand dismissivly without looking up from the game of cards he was playing. At Den's snigger however he turned, "No, nothing like that you dirty minded git. He's only gone and designed a sign for this place, they're haggling over the details."
"Darn it Caramon." Den grinned almost boyishly, "You always have to go and take the fun out of everything!"
"Anyone up for a nightcap?" Thon asked wandering over to the well stocked bar.
Den stuck up a hand, "Over here, anything strong. I've just had an enjoyable but trying evening, alcohol sounds good about now."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 07:54
Frodurien held Den’s arm, and leaned her head on his shoulder. She giggled at his remarks and yawned, as soon as he got his drink from Thon, she had fallen asleep, the night had been very trying, and very exciting, it had worn her out.

((sorry, my brain can’t think of anything today, it's stressed over footloose auditions on tuesday...))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 09:01
Ooc - Good luck! or Well done I'm sure you were great! depending on when you read this. That reminds me, I have to renew my membership in YYT! They start next month!

Ic - Den shifted his arm so that Frodurien settled more comfortable into the curve of his ribs then transferred his gaze to Caramon.
"Get anything decent off of the blackmith of Carrey's?"
"Yeah." Caramon dropped hsi last card to the table with a look of triumph, "You lose Tanis. Hard luck." Turnign to Den while Tanis reshuffled the cards he continued, "It's wonderful quality and he accepted a price about half of what I was expecting to pay. It ought to stand us and any pupils we get in good stead."
"Talking about pupils..." Thon let the sentence hang as he perched comfortably on the corner of the long wooden bar.
"I was thinking about training Carrey up a little so that she could demonstrate with me and I could see what Hobbits are like with a blade, make any adjustments to my teaching that I need to." He thought for a second, "I see no reason why i can't start that tommorrow and bigger classes, maybe a month or so, depending on Carrey's progress."
Various suggestions were put forward for the weapons training of Hobbits, many merely idle fun, were put forward as the fire burned low and the night wore on until, eventually only Den and Fro were left snuggled deep into a large chair, curled in sleep together, bathed in the firey red glow from the dying embers.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 12:00
Early the next morning, Carrey was up and begining to make breakfast. She decided on a menu that would temp all the rangers, and Frodurien. She began peeling potatoes, oinions, and cracking eggs, till Caramon came in and started helping. She had asked him, if he didn't mind, would he mind helping her in the mornings.
At breakfast,Carrey asked " When can we start training? I heard you got a good deal from Oin the blacksmith." At this point, she couldnt help but snicker at the thought.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:31
Caramon's eyes narrowed playfully over the table, "I think you know more about that Oin than either of you are telling me Missy!" He took a deep draft of the weak ale most of the Rangers drank at breakfast and continued, "I did as a matter of fact get a good deal off of him. I've got enough to equip a small, aha, Hobbit army and want to start training you today. If you have no objections that is."
Carrey's eyes went wide. "Today!?" She squeaked, "Of course I have no objections, so long as the chores get done as well."
Caramon placed hsi hand over his heart in mock seriousness, "I swear to you Milady that the chores shall be done!"
Thon just rolled his eyes and went to see how the horses were doing outside.

[Edited on 16/1/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 07:48
Frodurien stirred as soon as she smelled breakfast. Den was awake already, and she caught his eye. “Darling, how was your night?” Fro asked.
“It was wonderful, with you here by my side. I opened my eyes, saw your sweet face, and I knew it was going to be a wonderful day.” He replied, stroking her arm. She leaned forward and kissed him sensuously on his lips, which he returned. She stopped, and hugged him close to her.
“I love you, Den.” She said and Thon entered the room, as if on cue.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 09:18
Thon shook his head but one corner of hsi mouth quirked into an indulgent smile, "Breakfast's on the table, lovebirds." He informed the pair still lying together in their chair, "I'd get there quick if I were you. Tanis is hungry."
"I'm off!" Den made to get up in mock horror, "With Tanis hungry there'll be nothing left soon!"
Chuckling lightly Thon silently pushed open the door and emerged into the brilliant light of a warm summer's morning.
Sauntering over the the makeshift paddock the platoon's horses were housed in he took a deep breath and savoured the smells of nature, and Carrey's cooking, that were all around him. It had been a long time since he'd had the chance to stand and enjoy himself, nothing to worry about for an hour or so and only the horses to talk to. He was loving this.
"Morning girl." He crooned as Lessana, his huge horse meandered over. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a sugarlump snaffled from the breakfast table, "There you go you stomach on legs. You don't care what mood I'm in so long as I feed you." He tickled her velvet muzzle and grinned as she raised her head to give him a rubbery, horsey kiss, "Don't you start. We've got quite enough of that from Den and Fro!" He sighed, "You know Lessana? It's odd. Normally lovebirds around just reminds me far too much of Gilwen." He paused, "and Hathien I suppose. There's a lost oppourtunity if ever there was one. But I'd be depressed and acting like a bear with a sore head. Insetad I'm actually happy for them!" He ran a hand down Lessana's glistening neck, "i'm not worried about that though. It's more that Gilwen's moemory doesn't hold the same pain for me as it did. Am I forgetting her, breaking my promise to her?" He looked into his horse's eyes as though she could tell him the answer, "Or am I just being daft?"
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email