Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: June 28, 2005 08:59
Fro giggled and pulled away. "Ha, listen to yourself dear, look whos acting hifalutin." She giggled. "'A time you won't forget.' What about you?" She got up and walked around the chair to the bookshelf. She ran her fingers up and down the spines of some of the books and sighed. "How about after dinner, we go for a walk. Sound good? I need some fresh air in my lungs if I'm goin' to plan this whole wedding."
Ellie knocked at the door. "Dinners ready, love birds." SHe called sweetly. Fro giggled.
"We're coming." She called back and motioned for Den to get off the couch and walk into the kitchen with her.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 09:35
Den rose and followed obediently, "A walk sounds good. How about you take me to some of the nice places around hobbiton, so far I seem to have only seen places overrun with Orcs or very close to here."

"Food!!"
"Saved by the bell." Quentine quipped, he had been debating how best to carve the tears of mirth on the sign without breaking them.
"Last one there stays thin!" Thon called as he darted up the stairs.

Ooc - Erk, more ELOI. I'm gonna go and PM indianna, see if she's about.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 07:16
((Good idea, I hope she will come back...))

Fro laughed merrily, and took hold of his arm. "Listen, I know a few places that you would like." Den raised an eyebrow. "No, I'm not talking about the pubs you drunkard." He mocked offense. She giggled at him and touched his nose. "Your so adorable when you make that face, puddin'." He raised his eyebrows at her new name for him, which made her bubble over with uncontrollable laughter. As they sat down at the table, Fro was unable to touch anything for fear of dropping it.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 09:40
(( ooc sorry i've been gone so long.. my computer is on the fritz!)))
When Ellie popped her head back into the kitchen and said that they rangers wanted some sort of pie for desserts, a bright idea began to form. She would make fried pies for dessert, dusted with powdered sugar.
"Ellie- I need you to get out the medium kettle, and fill it halfway with oil, and set it heating on the stove. I am of a mind to make this meal something to celebrate with something that I have not made for them yet."
With that said, she began bustling around the kitchen, mixing the dough, placing the apples, spices, and other things inside the dough, and then dropping them into the hot oil.
When the meal was over, Carrey dashed back into the kitchen and brought out, between her and Ellie, the platter of fried pies, still hot.
" I hope this fits the bill for dessert, Fro. I know you said you wanted some sort of pie, but I havn't made these yet for the Rangers."
Setting them on the table, both women hopped back into their seats,and proceeded to eat several of the pies.
Carrey glanced down the table to Caramon. " Caramon, I believe that we have been neglecting my training as of late. I do so hope we can resume tomorrow? I have been practicing you know, it just seemed that you were too busy. "
Carrey brandished her knife playfully, taking the sting out of the words.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 11:10
Ooc - YAY!!! Hello indianna!! Indeed, computer fritzing is a very bad thing. No-one suspects the pointy chopstick!!!!!
OK, I'm good. I've been baking today and thus have far too much sugar in my system! lmao.

Ic - "I think we're going to have to resume your training Carrey, I'm going to have some extra weight to work off." He guestured to the pie on his plate, the second that evening, "These cannot be good for you."
"Aye." Thon agreed, an evil glint lighting his eye, "I think all of us are going to have some working out to do. I want to see everyone, even the ladies if they feel like it, out int he yard tomorrow morning for calisthenics."
A collective groan went up from around the table.
"I mean it. If we don't get on top of it now then all this very good yet hearty food is going to make our middles remember what gravity is!"
"And we can't have that," Den put in in a jovial tone, "I have to look good for my wedding."
"More like you have to fit into ceremonial leggings that were made for you when you were eighteen!"
"That too."
"Well Carrey," Thon leant back in his chair, hands crossed lightly over his stomach, "I think that hit the spot quite nicely." A murmer of assent ran around the table.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 09:22
"Mmm, Carrey, you did outdo yourself this time, huh?" Fro said, on her second pie. She turned to Caramon and added. "I'll get up with you guys, but I can't say I am too good at them, I used to jog in the mornings, but it got boring, as no one had the heart to come with me, and that was months ago." She giggled. "We Hobbits, pride ourselves on our ability to eat lots and lots of food, and drink ourselves drunk, but never have we been happy about excersizing. Normally, to most we do is dance. Have you been to a Hobbit party with lots of drinking and dancing, yet? Oh, of course not, but you shall, I'll see to that." She winked at Carrey, and she nodded enthusiastically, but Fro went on. "What kind of dancing do Rangers do, anyway?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 11:13
Ooc - Funny this should come up. I've just come back from a dance workshop for 'Fame'. Remind me 'I haven't done ballet since I was four, I'm no good at it now!'

Ic - "Rangers? Dance?" Caramon raised an incredulous eyebrow, "Unless you count stamping feet and banging tankards along to whatever ditty is being sung at the time as dancing then not a lot."
"You may not," Thon put on an expression of feigned aloofness, "But I have been known to hold my own at the odd Caely, if someone is calling the dances."
"And it doesn't involve 'skinning the rabbit'." Den smirked.
"I thought we agreed never to speak of that incident again."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 11:25
((ha, i did ballet til i was six, but anyhow...))

"Oh, goodness. Den, that adds to my list. I'll have to teach you to dance. How about after exercising tomorrow? I mean, if we have any energy left. But we should start soon, so its not such a bother, this way, you will know it before I really have to cram. And Carrey can help. In fact, I think everyone should learn how to dance properly, this way you won't stick out any more than you already will." She grinned at the thought of dance classes for the Rangers.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 08:33
Ooc - I will confess that I have been suffering SEVERE WBFH!!! Not fair! I have no idea what to write. Carry on without me and the knowledge that out dear, manly Rangers are midly horrified by the idea of dancing and I will come back when my muse gets back from holiday!
Luv to all!!! :love::heart:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 09:53
((Poor dears, well, I will try, but I really can’t write like you, hope you have fun! Or had fun, whenever you read this…))

Everyone groaned except Fro and Carrey. “Too bad I am going to miss that, I have to go home now, my mom didn’t know I wasn’t coming straight home. Well, I will see you all soon I hope.” Ellie said as she grabbed her hat and walked out, waving and saying bye to everyone as she walked out the door. Fro and Carrey giggled, as the boys all looked as if they were in pain just thinking about dancing.
“Goodness, you really don’t know any dancing?” Fro asked, trying not to laugh.
“No we don’t, and what is it that we have to learn? How long is this so called dance?” Den asked.
“Well, they..” She corrected him, and everyone stopped eating. “The ones you all have to learn are only a couple steps, really, not too hard, its just that they are repeated. But the wedding dance, the one you have to learn, Den, is a little complicated.” She looked apologetic, and Den looked a bit panicky. Den shifted uneasily in his seat, and the rest of the other rangers smirked at him.
“Fro, I am not the best at this kind of thing.” He admitted downheartedly.
“Of course you aren’t, but you don’t know how it goes yet, so don’t get nervous about it.” She smiled reassuringly, but he didn’t look to happy about it. “Den, you have mastered sword-fighting right?”
“I wouldn’t say I mastered--”
“Well, your darn good at it, so just think of it like that. Its like your learning a new combination.” He nodded solemnly but looked a little less worried.
“How many do we have to learn?” Caramon spoke up, he didn’t seem as down as the others, but he was still a bit down.
“Well, as many as we can. At most ten, at least five. Your best bet would be around seven or eight, that way if you forget one you won’t look like you are sitting down all the time.” Fro said. “Hey, Carrey, we should make a healthy breakfast so these sluggish men’ll have the energy. The dance classes start tomorrow.” Everyone shrugged, finished eating quickly and went to bed early. Fro gave Den a goodnight kiss on the cheek and told him to be waiting for her bright and early.
“I’ll get here early in the morning, before the sun rises, but now I have to get home. I need to give my mother some support. Most likely she fells she is going to be losing me soon. I want to help her out with some party plans tonight, and tell her you are coming, Thon should come too, if it’s ok with him, talk to him tonight. See you tomorrow honey.” She put on a scarf and hat and hurried out the door. Den watched until the she was out of sight down the road.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 11:40
Ooc - It's not me that's on holiday, just my Muse (slacker that she is!!) But, thanks to your post, she has just sent me a mental e-mail. Not quite the same thing so this will be bad, but it will exist!!!! YAY!!

Ic - "Yay, moral support." Den muttered as he slowly made his way back into the Robin. He had been looking forward to the idea of a Hobbit birthday party but the idea of facing Fro's father again had left him cold. Now it wouldn't be quite so bad.
"Thon!" He called as he pushed open the kitchen door and once again immersed himself in the warm, comfortable atmosphere inside, "What do you feel about going to a party tomorrow night?"
"Will there be food?"
"Certainly."
"Will there be ale?"
"If the birthday boy has anything to do with it, yes."
"Then of course. Whose the Birthday boy incidentally?"
"Fro's Father." Den had the decency to look sheepish.
"Oh... Oh." Thon thought on the reception his little brother had likely cultivated, "Hey ho I suppose. It certainly would help to get to know your in-laws before the wedding." He grinned, "How do I know you're not marrying me into a family of miscreants?!"
The Rangers laughed and settled down happily to their after-dinner drinks.
"So Den," Caramon raised his tankard, "Just what was this incident with 'skinning the rabbit'?"
Den ducked under the hand that Thon shot out to try and clamp over his mouth and began with a look of mild sadistic pleasure on his face as his brother began to squirm with embarrasment, "Well, 'skinning the rabbit' is a dance move in which a circle of people holding hands moves through the arched hands of one couple in the circle. Very bendy and always interesting at the end of an evening when people are three sheets to the wind." The young Ranger avoided a spirited kick to his shins and continued, "Well, this one night Thon was totally wrecked and joined in this dance. Well, you can imagine, alcohol and compicated motor functions? He ending up in a heap with various pretty girls and mmf mfmmf mf mf mf!" Thon had finally succeded in clapping a hand over his brother's overly talkative mouth.

Ooc - Maybe a move to next morning is in order now. I have no idea how to finish this. Grr.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 02:31
((Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't really paying much tension, hope your muse stays next time... Mine is forever on vacation, and when she gets back she is forever going loco.!))

Fro saw most of the lights were out, except in the kitchen. "Dad most have gone to sleep early." Fro muttered softly to herself as she walked in the door. "Mother!" She whispered loudly, so as not to wake father if he was indeed asleep. She heard quick footsteps and finally saw the frame of her mother coming down the hall. Fro ran to her and gave her a hug.
"Frodurien, we must be very quiet, your father has just gone to sleep." She whispered, just loud enough for Fro to hear. Fro matched her tone.
"How is the food for the party going? And is there anything you need help with?"
"Everything." She said, and pushed her into the kitchen. "He wasn't very happy today, you know how he feels about Rangers."
"Ah, yes. 'Bloody tall people, very uncivilized and they probably stink too.'" She giggled quietly, Andwise grinned.
"Honey, how have you been, I haven't seen you much this week, or last week either, nor the week before..."
"Mother! Stop it, you act was if I have desertated you." Her mother's face turned grave for a moment. "I'm sorry Mom, I won't ever do that. I will always come back." She smiled.
"I know, but it just seems like my little girl has grown up too fast."
"I haven't, you know it. Now, what do you need help with before the party?"
Fro and her mother worked for three hours before they had accomplished what they needed to finish. "I will see you at the party, mother." Fro had said and then went to sleep, she looked at the clock, it was eleven. She shut her eyes and fell asleep, dreaming about her wedding, and Den. Before she knew it, she was awake, and the sun was toying with the hillside, almost popping out but not quite.
Fro jumped out of bed, washed her hair quickly and sprayed herself with a berry smelling mist. She dried her hair and prayed to Eru it would look nice as she rubbed softening conditioner in it and ran her fingers threw it, untangling the knots. She jumped into a tight little green dress and put a white ribbon in her hair, just to push the hair out of her face, she had never done this before and liked how it looked in her small mirror. She smiled at herself, trying to smooth out a wrinkle in the green dress, she succeded and tiptioed her way to the door, closing it softly so as to make no noise whatsoever, and then took off down the road, headed for Carrey's. As soon as she could see the Inn, she slowed down to a walk and smoothed her dress down, once again.

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 11:36
The Rangers were already in the yard, having decided to at least work up a bit of an appetite before breakfast and to continue after. They were arranged in neat, military rows and were going through a series of slow, controlled movements that built up muscle tone rather than burnt fat, although they did get the heart pumping a little.
Thon stood infront of the platoon, leading the exersises as well as surverying the men under hsi command.
Den was blooming, not surprising really with his upcoming marriage and all. Caramon seemed oddly quiet, but Thon just put it down to a minor hangover from the wiskey he had drunk the night before. Simon's broken nose was healing nicely, it was now just a strange shade of green and all of the others appeared in peak helath, if a little softer round the middle than they had started out. The tall Captain found himself thanking whatever glitch in his steward's mind that had sent them to the Shire.
Suddenly he saw Den grin at something cresting the rise that led to the Robin and without turning around called teasingly, "You joining in Frodurien? I'm sure Den would like to see if you're fit enough for life on a Ranger base!"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 09:04
Fro thought for a moment, she usually never did anything like this before beakfast. She called out "Before breakfast? I'll join in, but only after breakfast." She smiled at the thought of how different these Men were compared to normal Hobbits. She soon came upon the group and smiled cocking her head side to side, making her hair sway to and fro. "How long have you been out here?" She asked, noticing all of them looked hungry, and some of them looked ravenous.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 08:19
"About an hour all told." Den dropped into a lunge, "But I think I smell food somewhere so I was thinking of badgering Thon to let us go in soon."
"And I was thinking of agreeing." Thon smiled as he led the Rangers to the close of the excersise and they all bowed to signal its completion. "Right about now infact."
"Yay!" Quentin and Simon engaged in a spirited race to get to the table first while the older ones followed at a more sedate pace.
"So, about this party tonight." Thon began as Fro caught up with the brothers, "Am I going to have to suffer a dancing lesson before I can show my face with any pride?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 05:38
"Well, yes. It is either you get up and dance it correctly, or you get drunk and dance around, doing your own thing. The latter is a horrible first impression, I might add." Fro grinned, thinking of her father and how it was more than likely he was going to get as drunk as a pig on a rainy day. "I think if we can master two or three dances today, then you shall have no problem at the party. Don't worry, I am a good teacher. But for now, lets eat, then we can exercise a bit, and get down to the dancing lessons." They nodded and she placed her hand in the crook of Den's arm and the three of them went inside, all hungry and wondering what Carrey had prepared for breakfast.
Once they were all seated at the table, Carrey came out balancing three big plates of food in her arms, Fro jumped up and ran into the kitchen to help her put everything on the table. There were hot muffins, fresh out of the oven, baked bananas, teacakes, seedcakes, apple-biscuits, fried potatoes and vegetables, stuffed mushrooms and to top it all off, thick slabs of crispy bacon. Before everything was set the men began eating. Fro laughed as she sat down and hardly anything was said until everyone had their fill. Carrey smiled widely as everyone thanked her for what they claimed to be “most delicious.”
Everyone sat for a while, drinking coffee, tea, milk, water, or small amounts of mild ale (Carrey wouldn’t let anyone drink much for breakfast). Quick as a whip, Fro, Carrey and Caramon too cleared all the dishes off the table, and laid them to soak in a hot, soapy barrel of water. Then Thon stood and directed everyone to the backyard and started the exercises.

[Edited on 7/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 02:45
Ooc - You leave it to me to describe the exersises lol! Unfortunatly the only ones I know work best to music so just imagine a thumping back beat going on somewhere.

Ic - "Right you sorry bunch of layabouts!" Caramon took the lead this time, him being the physical instructor and all, "And the ladies of course." He smiled at Carrey and Fro, "You have been living far too much of the good life for my liking! It's time to turn you back into the crack team of perfectly honed bodies you were before Carrey started cooking for us!" Again he glanced over at the Hobbits, "Just do what you can ladies, the lads have taken years to get to this level of fitness, no-one is expecting you to keep up." Back tot he lads he barked, "Form Up!!"
The Rangers formed into their neat square formation and began a few stretches to prevent injury. When they were sufficiently loosened up the real work began.
"Press ups! Twenty! NOW!!" Caramon gently coached the Hobbits in the correct position and how to get the most benefit from the move while the others bobbed away.
"Good." when they had finished, "Now I want to hear you clap. Twenty more!" The rangers set to again, this time pushing off at the top of each push up to clap their hands together before they came back down. "One arm! Ten on each!!" He noticed a few of the men beginning to grimace and slow, "Had enough of that? Well, we really needed this! Alright, on your backs! Sit ups! The routine! Twice! GO!!"

Ooc - lol, I'll let Fro get a word in edgeways here.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 11:21
((Ha! I really can do like, twelve push ups before I collapse… Sit ups I’m really good at though))

“What? He has to be kidding me! One arm? I’m having a hard time with both arms!” She whispered to Carrey, who just nodded, she was concentrating on her breathing. Fro collapsed on the ground after twenty-seven, but Carrey kept going for another eight, and then fell beside her. Fro clapped her on the back and said “good job” She turned to watch the others, and then jumped as Caramon began yelling more orders.
"Had enough of that? Well, we really needed this! Alright, on your backs! Sit ups! The routine! Twice! GO!!" Fro raised her eyebrows, this sounded easier. Caramon came over and showed them both what to do, and soon they were off, counting with the others. She smiled, this was a lot easier, and she could do a whole lot more than those confounded press-ups. She worked away fifty-one, before she laid back down and waited for the others to finish.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 11:58
Ooc - Yeah, I hate push ups, but I'm trying at the moment to do a routine of about 160 sit ups twice a day now. I need to be more toned for Fame!

Ic - Thon flopped back on the dusty ground with a contented sigh, "Wow, I needed that!"
Den lay bedside his brother, "But I can't help noticing that one of our number has rather shirked his fair share."
"Good point," Thon nodded, "We've done..." He made some quick calculations, "Three lots of twenty press ups and a hundred and sixty press ups, I make that two hundred and twenty reps of various types."
"Easily," Den agreed, "Yet I think that you'll find that Caramon has done nary a one!"
The rangers all began to murmer in good natured dissent.
"Do you think we should make him suffer as we have?"
"An admirable suggestion brother. GET HIM!!"
Caramon only had time to squeak in protest as at least half a dozen burly Rangers piled on top of him in a laughing, vaugely sweaty heap.
"Alright! alright! I relent!!" Gradually he was released into a circle of men who gleefully called out the counts as he completed the exersises he had so happily set.
He finished in what must have been record time and just lay still as a bucket of water was poured over his head and into his mouth to cool him, many of the others already dripping happily.
"So Fro." Den grinned at his fiancee as he removed his shirt, having been previously soaked by Simon, "Still up for that dancing lesson?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 06:36
"Of course,why do you think I wore this?" She giggled, "Just let me cool off, I really would like to be dripping with water now too, but I could never explain this to Papa." She went inside and poured herself a glass of cool water. She sat down and breathed deeply a few times, got up quickly and walked back outside.
"Alright, everyone! Gather round here! Ok, Carrey, you take that half, I shall take this half." Fro landed herself with Den and Thon and a few others. "Alright, this way. She lead themto one side of the yard, Carrey copied her, but went the opposite way. Fro quieted her voice a little, as it was less men to talk too. "OK, this first dance is one of the easiest, in my opinion. Its called 'The Hop'. Its a quick dance, and it is done in a circle. Alright then, get into a circle." The rangers got into a big circle, but it was too big for Fro's liking. "No, not like that, get closer to each other, everyone take two steps up...Ok if you want to be that way, take another...Alright, now hold hands."
The Rangers all eyed her like she was making them do this on purpose. She had situated herself between Den and Thon, because they had to get this by tonight. When they were all holding hands, Fro laughed at how awkward they looked. "Ok, the first is a cross step, like this...to the right." She crossed her right foot in front of her left. The others followed. "Good! Good, now you pick lup your left foot and hop while your knee is in the air." She did it, but only Thon got it right away. "Look, watch me, I'll do it again." She did, but still, only Thon had it. She sighed and sent Thon to the other side to show the ones who had to be helped, and she helped Den until he got it. Soon everyone had it, and she went on, "We do that three times in a row, and then go to the next part."
"The next move is why its called the hop. You hop into the circle, all at once, ok everyone do it ready, jump!" Everyone jumped, but a few jumped to far and the circle was lopsided. "Alright, small jumps, it more of a hop. Try it again, back into a circle everyone. They all went back, and hopped smaller on her command. "Good, now hop out." They did. "Alright, great job so far, lets go over that again, and then I'll show you the next move. They all did it twice, because the first time Den tripped and the group went down like dominos but the second time it went as planned. "Perfect! She smiled. "Now, all the girls get in the middle, of course, there is only me, so I will not be able to do it exactly, but you let go of the girls, and only the guys hop out. But you guys all spread out till your arms are outstretched and you grapevine to the right, while the girls join hands in the middle, facing out, and do the same thing, only the opposite way of you. And you stop when you get to the same girl that was in front of you as before. Do you all know how to do the grapevine?"

[Edited on 8/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 07:53
Ooc - Tee Hee!! Man that had me laughing 'Ranger Dominoes' sounds like a fun new game for all the family!

Ic - "Hang on." The library of Quentin's memory threw up a flag, "Isn't that the one that goes..." He demonstrated: behind, side, infront, side.
"Yes, that's the one!" Fro grinned, "Well done!"
The Rangers groaned, "There's nothing well done about it, we use that one to help with agility and footwork in the practice ring." Thon chuckled.
"Well that's no reason for it not to be used in a dance." Fro maintained, "Anyway, off we go!"
And so they set off until they had gone full circle and managed it without any tied up ankles which was a pleasant surprise.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 05:45
Fro glowed, lucky for her, she had Thon in her group, who was actually pretty good, Carrey on the other hand, didn’t and she grinned at the thought of what Carrey must be going through at the moment. “Now, we are going to go through everything you know so far, however, this time I will be a girl.” A few snickered at the comment. She whipped around glared Simon, who had started the snickering. “And Simon will also be a girl.” She grinned evilly when everyone snickered and a couple laughed right out. “Lets get to it. Ready, go.” They started and it went well, until Fro and Simon went around in the middle, and Thon stared blowing kisses to Simon. Simon purposely stuck out his foot and tripped Thon, who fell and pulled everyone down with him.
“Can we please get going? I really can’t deal with this, if your goin’ to start with those games, then go away.” Everyone straightened up. “Alright, that’s better. Simon, you can be a man again.” Everybody grinned, including Fro. “Good, now, this part is a little difficult, because, then you dance with the girl in front of you.” She took a deep breath, she knew this was going to be tough. “Ok then, I’ll start with Thon, he has to learn it quickly, and he can show you after I show him. Now, everyone, watch.” She took hold of both his hands, placed his left on the small of her back and held his right in her hand. She held her skirt up a bit with her right hand and instructed him. “Ok, a small step forward with your right foot…good, now the other, good, now a step with the right foot back… great! Then I step out…no, you stay where you are. Alright, try it again from the top, this time stay when I step out.”
Fro was going slow in order to stop him from stepping on her feet, but he kept going faster so she had to speed up a bit. “Now, when I step out, you extend your arm over my head, yes like that, and then I spin in.” She had to stop when he let go of her hand. She stopped and told him how to hold his hand and that he needed to turn in the direction he was spinning her. He nodded his head and she spun again, this time making it all the way to his other side. She smiled and nodded. “That was good, and now we hook elbows and turn half way until you are back to facing the Inn.” They did, and she let go of his elbow, spun around and grabbed his hand once more. “Then we start from the beginning and carry on repeating it until the music stops or we collapse. Lets do the whole last part once again, and then I shall send you to help teach the others.”
They did it twice again because he messed up a bit on the spinning, he wasn’t holding his hand the correct way, and she had started spinning so fast she almost broke her wrist. He was flawless at his second attempt as she started on Den. She was startled that he was a little easier to teach, because he proved a natural at spinning her, she didn‘t even have to tell him what to do. They went over it three times and he had it perfectly. Thon sent over one he had already taught, who just needed to have a girl in his arms. It was easier that way.
Once she got to the last of them who happened to be Simon, he proved very smooth on his feet, but when they practiced the second time she collapsed into him and they fell to the ground. Thon pulled them both up and asked what happened. “I’m sorry, it was my fault, I suddenly got very, very dizzy.” She turned to Simon, still a bit cross eyed. “You ok? You broke my fall nicely…I’ll tell you, we were the best at the dance so far, very smooth.” She smiled but when she tried to walk away, she swayed a few times and then fell where she was. Simon offered his hand, but she refused. “I should just lay still until the whole of Middle Earth stops spinning, and there isn’t three of you.” She was slurring her words together.

((Goodness did I write a lot or what?))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 10:18
Ooc - Sorry it's taken a while to get back, honestly, at the moment I have less free time at the weekends than I do in the week when everyone else is working!
And I love what you're doing with Simon, developing him nicely! lol!

Ic - "Are you sure there was just water in that drink of yours?" Den knelt infront of her with a smile but a small line of worry had appeared between his brows.

Meanwhile Carrey had been fighting a losing battle with her crop of Rangers, definetly men more used to the staying alive than making it look good. She had been on the verge of giving up and asking for Fro's help when Caramon experience an minor epiphany (sp?) and had suddenly understood!
With labourious patience he had taught the lads and, when it came to the second part, he had volunteered his services as a girl once he get the male part himself.
Tanis, the last ranger to practice in Carrey's mob finsihed the dance and dipped Caramon nearly to the ground.
"Why thankyou Milday," He near purred, a mischevious glint lighting his eyes, "One so lightfooted must surely be of the Elves."
"Oh, flatterer!" Caramon giggled, his voice high pitched, and hid his mouth behind his free hand, "Now put me down or my father shall surely fear for my honour!"

Ooc - Erk, muse gone kaputsky! I thought I'd experiment a little with what we said about Caramon, whaddaya think?
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 11:34
((Ha, I love it, so funny!))

"Look, hun, you try getting spun around that much and not falling down." She was a little testy with him, but then she softened. "It was only water, don't you worry. But I don't think I should teach the next dance until I stop spinning for a bit. Lets go see how Carrey's doing, hmm? Help me up." He pulled her up and held her steady as they all walked over to Carrey and her group. Fro raised her eyebrows at Caramon as he was just being set upright by Tanis. She left Den and walked quickly over to Carrey. “Great, now why was Tanis just dancing with Caramon? Training method?”
“Of course, as long as it works, you know. Now how are you doing, you look a little pale.” Carrey was giggling, but now she looked serious.
“Good thing you had Caramon, otherwise you would also have a sudden attack of severe dizziness. I fell on top of Simon, poor thing… he was doing quite well.” She smiled, “Now I’m fine, do not worry about me. What dance did you start with?”
“I started with a fun one, The Bambo!” She smiled widely.
“You did not? And you taught them it this quickly?”
“Well, no one was learning anything until Caramon finally got it, and then the others caught on real fast after that. Which one did you start with?”
“A classic, if not the most fun, The Hop.”
“Ahh, a traditional circle dance with a bit of a twist.”
“That’s it exactly. Ok, so next you teach The Hop, and I teach The Bambo.”
“They are complete opposites, we should have organized this better.”
“I know, well, lets not waste time. Come on everyone! Back into your groups, next dance lesson!” She shouted over the dispersed crowd, all talking about what they had just learned. They perked up and looked a little more excited the second time round. Fro walked over to her original spot, and her group followed, the others stayed with Carrey. As soon as they got to their spot, they immediately formed a circle. Fro giggled.
“This dance is different, it has nothing to do with circles.” She said. “Any volunteers?” Everyone looked around, wondering who should go first, Thon and Simon raised their hands at the same time.
“Simon, you first this time.” She said, gesturing him into the middle of the circle with her. “This dance is a little more intimate.” She announced. Simon glanced quickly at Den and then back to Fro. “The starting position is the same as the second part of the Hop.” She said, and waited for Simon to do something. After about a minute Fro tapped her foot. “Look, Simon, if you don’t get into position, I can’t start. Wait a second, here, lets start at the beginning. Everyone follow me.” Fro walked over to the tables and sat down. “Sit down. No, not just you Simon, everyone. Snap to it.” Everyone picked a seat and sat down. “Alright, now, someone, it doesn’t have to be Simon, is going to ask me to dance. You have to start at the beginning, if you don’t know how to do this correctly, then you can’t do it at all. Ok? Go.”

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 12:06
Ooc - Oh good, I am glad about that. I can't decide if Tanis is like Caramon or not, if he is then a plot bunny has just hopped up to me. I'll think about it.

Ic - A deathly silence fell over the group. Den sniggered.
"I'm not the jealous type lads, go ahead!" But no-one wanted to be the first to make a fool of himself. Den sighed, "You bunch of big girl's blouses!" and stood, making his way respectfully to Fro's side.
"Good Evening Frodurien." He might as well play the part.
"Oh, good evening Denother." She smiled coyly.
"I must say you're looking lovely this evening." He shyly dropped his eyes and scuffed a foot in the dust but his grin betrayed him.
"Why, thankyou. You're not looking so bad yourself."
He chuckled, "You're too kind. Well, I suppose what I'm trying to say is... may I have this dance?" He held out his hand.
"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 03:55
“Of course.” Fro smiled timidly, taking his hand and standing up smoothly. She walked next to him until they were away from the tables. He stopped and placed his hand on the small of her back, pulling her closer to him. She leaned down a bit and picked up her skirt just so the hem wasn’t able to reach the ground, without breaking the pose. “Thank you, Den. That was what I wanted.” She whispered, then a little louder, just so everyone could hear her she said: “Come on, gather round, can everyone see?” They all moved to form a sort of small line in front of the tables.
“Good, now everyone, pay attention, this dance is a bit difficult. Ok Den, first thing is to relax, you are too tense.” He did so, but it made him slouch a bit. “No, keep your back straight… good, perfect. Now, step forward with your right foot… Good now with the left… now step back with the left, perfect! Alright, that was easy. Now you’re going to spin me out, but not like you have already, let go of my waist, good, now I swing out… like this, now, extend your arm all the way, good, now your going to spin me into your side, perfect, that’s right! Alright, lets start from the beginning.”
They went back to the original position and went through it until she was at his side, with his arm around her. “Two more steps and then I’ll send you to teach up til’ this point.” He nodded. Now, this is different than anything we’ve done so far, you ready?”
“For anything.” He grinned wickedly.
“I should smack you for being so forward.” He mocked a sheepish glance. Fro smiled, and then went back into teaching mode. “Now you’re going to step out to the side with your right foot, and I am going to cross over your left foot with my right, now step. Ok, now crescent step with your left foot, here, like this.” She took her left foot, brought it to the side of her right foot and then back out in front of her right. He mimicked her. “Excellent. Now go teach, you’ll learn the rest a little later.” She went back to the table and sat down, waiting for someone to realize they had to go through the same ordeal as Den had. This time Simon walked forward, he had a devilish grin plastered on his face that disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.
“Frodurien, oh my dear Frodurien. How is it a maiden such as thee can sit here while there is sweet music being played?” Thon chuckled.
“Oh, you flatter me.”
“How could one such as I even draw the courage to seek out a fair maiden such as yourself, and attempt to whisk thee around on the magical dance floor? Yet here am I, begging you to accompany me, but will thy adhere to such request?”
“I shall, under the condition that you stop this nonsense speech. I admit you prove yourself to be a worthy thespian.”
“Why thank you madam.” He offered her his hand and she accepted.
“Simon, just be quiet. You already blew me away. You excelled my expectations. Well done, now, let us see if your dancing is as majestic as your tongue has just proven itself.” He had learned most of the dance by just watching, only he had a problem crescent stepping, he tripped over her leg and they both clattered to the ground.
“Great, why does it seem that every time we dance together, we both end up on the ground?” She grinned as they both got up and dusted themselves off.

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 09:02
"You watch it you two!" Den piped up cheerfully from where he was teaching Quentin, "Or I might just turn into the jealous type!"
As the lesson progressed Thon waited his turn and found himself looking around the group again, feeling an almost paternal pride in them.
Hang on. Had he just seen what he thought he'd just seen? He looked again, discreetly. Yes, there it was. Caramon and Tanis had locked gazes across the yard and the air between them practically smouldered!
Just then Fro's cheery voice broke the tall Ranger's train of thought as she called him up to learn the dance.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 09:43
“Thon! Your turn.” Fro called, Thon jumped when she called him, but he quickly turned and went over to her. “A little distracted?” She asked when he looked over his shoulder once again.
“Sorry.” He looked a bit dumbstruck, but the looked past over him and he got into position. They finished the dance up to the part where she had stopped teaching.
“Thon, that was good, but I do believe you could have done better, if, first of all, you looked where you were going, and not backwards, over to the other group. You almost knocked me over three times. Try it again and either look the right way or look at me.” He looked a bit embarrassed.
They went over the dance again and he looked at her the whole time in order to distract himself from his disturbing thoughts. “Perfect!” She said when they had finished. “How about I teach you the next two moves?”
“Mmm.” He mumbled and nodded.
“Ok, I turn and step this way, so we’re facing each other. And then you reach my other arm, like a hug. THON! Stop looking over there! Did you hear what I just said?”
“Something about a hug.”
“Yes, well, then do it… we really don’t have that much time.” He enveloped her in a bear hug and spun her around. She giggled and punched him in the arm. “I mean do the move I just taught you, grab my hand… now pull your hands apart. Right, that was what I wanted. Now your going to put your hands on my waist, right below my ribs. And the next steps are together. The steps are as follows, right foot forward, right foot back, then it’s a left, right in place. Like that, good, but loosen up, your supposed to move your hips. Excellent! Now, do the same move with opposite feet. Great! Lets stop it there, as I dance with Quentin, you go teach Den the moves I just taught you. Ok?”
He nodded and walked over to Den, stealing another glance over to Carrey’s group. Quentin had proved a quick learner, but he was stiff. She had a time trying to get him to loosen up, but she mastered it, and taught him the next moves as well. She sent him to practice moving his hips, and moved on to Den once again. He had a time with the next moves, but she could tell he was enjoying them to the fullest extent.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 07:40
Ooc - Man I am so nervous!! This will be bad. I'm off in about ten minutes to the singing auditions for most of the main parts in 'Fame'. I'm not bad at singing really but I just know I'm gonna mess up in spectacular fashion!!

Ic - Soon both dances had been learnt, Frodurien had decreed that two was enough for Den and Thon to show their faces at her Father's party that night and Carrey had pootled off into the kitchen, followed by Caramon to prepare lunch.
most of the Rangers had cleared the yard to laze in the garden for a while but a few had reamined to watch Tanis, another Rohirrim, take the group's horses, and Carrey's pony Daisy, out on a long rope and do some lunge work with them to keep them supple and in shape.
Den sat with his saddle on his lap, a rag in his hand and a bottle of oil on the ground beside him, idly working over the leather until it shone while Thon perched next to him with the platoon log book on his knees catching up on the entries that recorded the everyday lives of the men in his care.

Ooc - told you, SO bad.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 09:39
((I hope you did well!))

Fro sat reading a small book on wedding gowns. She was sat in awe of some of them, trying to decide which pattern she should try, and what Tailor she should have make it. As soon as she had gotten through it twice, still undecided, she heard Carrey call for lunch and she jumped out of her chair. Her Father’s party started at lunch time! She ran for Den and Thon and found them outside, putting whatever it was they were doing away. “Den! Den! Thon! We have to go, right away. I can’t be late! Hurry! Come on, this way.” She took off down the street, surprisingly fast for a Hobbit. Den and Thon had to run after her to catch up. “It’s in the middle of town.” She managed, breathing after each word. Once they got to the edge of town she slowed to a walk and smoothed her dress down, gasping for breath, wishing she could loosen her stays. She was able to feel her heart beating painfully in her ribs and she swayed a bit, but started walking at a brisk pace.
“Good, Hobbits are still arriving.” She smiled at the thought of the spectacle they must have made to anyone they past on the way there. About a minute after they walked into the middle of the party, Ellie spotted them and ran towards them.
“Fro! You got here just in time, your father was just asking me where you were. Thank goodness! And you brought Den, and Thon. How delightful! How’d lessons go this morning?” Ellie said, all in one breath.
“They went well, not as bad as I expected they’d be. Was father angry?”
“Hopping mad.”
“Oh, that’s just wonderful.” Fro looked almost sick. “Just give it your best guys, and try not to get to drunk. Keep your heads. Got it?” They both nodded, looking around, almost overcome by everything. There were lights strung about the trees and all around the open tents that were set up around steaming food that smelled delicious. In the middle of the whole deal was a huge tree, which had a platform right in front of it. There was the dancing area, with the band to one side. In the biggest tent, there was a huge cake with lots and lots of candles on top. Den was able to see a red-faced Hobbit stomping over to them before Fro could.
“You! Frodurien!!!” Halfred sounded as mad as ever Fro had heard him. He grabbed her elbow and pulled her roughly over towards one of the pubs near the party site. Den and Thon made to follow, but Fro glanced back at them and shook her head.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 11:16
Ooc - I dodn't do badly really, but there were so many of us that I didn't stand much chance. I didn't get called back for anyone, I'll have to make it in the chorus. hey ho. I'm sat here with a big bar of chocolate to take away the pain. lmao!

Ic - Den finished loosesly tying the neck of his shirt and Thon self-conciously ran a hand through his hair, Fro hadn't really given them much time to neaten up!
As the two stood awkwardly in the middle of the square, trying to work out where to go and not imbibe large amounts of alcohol Den felt a tug at the top of one of his boots. Looking down he found himself staring into the saucer like eyes of a tiny little Hobbit.
"Oh! Hello there." He smiled and dropped to one knee.
"My Mummy says that you're a Ranger." The child, who seemed little more than eyes and a mass of curls, stated matter of factly.
"Well then your Mummy is right."
"Corse she is! My Mummy's always right silly."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
The child decided to let the infringment pass, "My Mummy says that Rangers are scary and will eat me up if I talk to them."
"Well, I don't like eating little Hobbits, they're too cute to eat." He leveled a serious look at the child, but a glint lit his eye, "And do you think I'm scary?"
The child eyed him with a calculating expression, "No." She pronounced eventually, "You don't have enough tenti...tentle... tenta... arms to be scary."
"Pervinca Took! You come here this minute!!" A strident voice sounded and suddenly a Hoobit appeared behind the child, grabbed her by the hand and marched her away from the low sorts she had taken to fraternising with. As they moved away a smal voice could just be heard protesting hard, "But mummy!!"
"Come on then you two." Ellie chirped up, Den had almost forgotten about her, "We can't have you just standing around at a party!" She grabbed a Ranger's hand in each of hers and led them to a tent in which a whole pig had been skewered and was slowly roasting over a low fire, "And at a Hobbit party there's one thing everybody does! Eat!" She grabbed a couple of bread rolls filled with the succulent meat and handed one to each of the lads while munching contentedly on her own.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 11:57
As soon as Halfred had led Fro into a dark secluded corner of the nearest pub he let go of her. Fro was afraid he’d beat her up, he kept clenching and unclenching his fists. “Papa, what is it?” She said softly, trying to calm him.
“You know bloody well what it is, so don’t even start.” Halfred’s face turned a deeper shade of red, and Fro wondered how that could possibly happen. She thought about all the things he could be furious at her about and pondered which it was. Luckily, he took it as if she really didn’t know what was wrong. “You are engaged! To not one but two men! And one of them isn’t even a hobbit! How can you do this to me?”
“What?” Fro almost started shouting back at him. “What are you meaning by that?”
“A perfectly handsome Hobbit-lass stopped by this morning, going on and on about how lucky he was to have found you, and he asked me for your hand. I agreed, he said he had spoken to you and you agreed previously. I was happy! Oh boy, was I happy, until your mother told me about the night before, when I was, well you know, a bit intoxicated. So now you come prancing in here with that bloody ranger fiancee of yours, and his friend, and poor Fresky with his heart broken, coming over to me and Andwise, asking me about it. And I had to tell him! The poor Hobbit!” He almost bawled right on the spot!”
“Fresky!” Fro shouted, wanting horribly to kill the boy. “Oh, Daddy! How could you? That Hobbit has been pestering me, he took advantage of me, and I-I can’t stand him! How could you?” She broke down and cried, falling onto her father’s shoulder. He was confused, but all of his anger escaped him.
“Frodurien, oh dear. What did I do wrong? Tell, me. How can I fix it?” He cared for his daughter and hated to see her hurting. “Tell me what’s happened?” Fro explained what had happened the past couple weeks, and finally Halfred understood what he was going to do.
“Look, honey, neither of these boys are any good for you.”
“But, Papa! I, I am going to marry Denother! I am, I am!”
“I will not let you, we shall find you a more suitable husband then that, that horrid Denother.”
“Mother approves!”
“No, she doesn’t. She just wants to see you happy. This happiness is the wrong kind, it won’t last. It can’t last, in the end he will leave you, and you’ll get hurt. I am not the kind of Father who would want that for his daughter.”
“If you just gave him a chance, got to know him!”
“My opinion wouldn’t be swayed, all Men are the same.”
“No! They are different, just like us. He is so wonderful, don’t you understand? I love him.”
“No, Frodurien, you are attracted to him because he is different. You cannot love a Ranger. I won’t permit it.”
“Papa! You don’t understand, he loves me too.”
“It is impossible for one such as him to love someone like yourself. You will not marry this beast who calls himself Denother.” Fro couldn’t even listen to him anymore. She ran out, her hands covering her face. She ran to the tree in the middle and stood on the podium, scanning for Den and Thon. They were sitting near the skewered pig. Fro made a bee-line for them and almost ran over a young Hobbit. Once she sat down she wasn't able to even speak, she just cried onto Den’s shoulder.

[Edited on 13/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 10:19
Ooc - Wow, that changed a lot from last night! lol!

Ic - Den slipped his arm around Fro before he even quite registered what was happening. Soon however the implications of her mood hit home. "Ah. No blessing then?" She raised her head enough to glare at him then dropped back into her misery.
Den sighed, he hadn't expected her Father to agree now that he was sober but the reality of it hurt more than he had expected it to.
"Don't worry meleth nin." He began gently stroking her golden curls, "We'll sort something out. Just give him time."

Ooc - *pokes short and patheticness!!!*
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 11:04
((Ha, yes, indeed. I thought it was way to simple that way…no fun plot twists… hee hee, but I did think that what Fresky did was downright dirty. lol))

Once Fro spilled everything that had happened between sobs, Den looked like he could run Fresky over with a horse. Thon mirrored his look perfectly. “Just leave him alone. Maybe he’ll stop. And furthermore, without him we have no builder. But I really hope he had the decency to leave. No telling what I’d do to him if I found him right now.” Ellie looked confused. “Ellie dear, you don’t want to know.”
“Yes I do. I am or, more like was good friends with him, but now I am not so sure. Just what is it that he’s been doing?”
“I’ll tell you later. For now lets all perk up, there is a party going on, and we might as well enjoy it.” She looked determined and smiled a bit. “Thon, I happen to know of a few friends of mine that would be waiting in a line to dance with you. There are some rebels in Hobbiton yet. I would be one, in fact, if I didn’t have this big lug to mess around with.” Den mocked anger and fro punched him playfully in the shoulder. “I’m sure Ellie would love to dance with you,” Ellie blushed at this frank announcement of a secret she was afraid to admit, but nodded her head. “And Nanna, well that’s an obvious nickname, her real name is Natrisha. And then there’s Jillian, she’d die just to meet you. Not to mention a few others as well. You have a night ahead of you, Thon. Unfortunately for Den, he is stuck with an old bag such as myself.” She giggled.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 11:32
Ooc - I was going to say don't tell Den or Fresky will be injured but right now I can see Caramon or someone having to hold the pair of them back when building commences. lol!

Ic- Thon chuckled, "Is this Nanna the maternal type then?" The hobbits looked confused, "Never mind. Nana is the Elvish word for mother, I wondered if it reflected her personality. I'd love to dance with your friends ladies. Bring then on!"
"More women you may have brother," Den put on a haughty expression, "But I maintain that I have the most beautiful all to myself!"
The four laughed and made their way to the dancefloor. Once there the lads earned more than one odd look as they towered above all the other guests but Thon noticed more than one admiring glance shot their way from young and old hobbit lasses alike.
At one point Den atrracted a couple of giggles at the look of intense concentration, tempered with enjoyment, on his face as one dance sped up and his ankles threatened to knot up but they pretty much survived without making twerps of themselves.
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email