Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: July 13, 2005 03:11
“Den, you are very good at improvising… that last dance I haven’t taught you yet.” She winked at him and let him lead her off the dance floor when he started getting tired. “Ha ha! Look at Thon go, I don’t think he’s danced with the same girl twice.” She was so happy to be in an atmosphere of innocent enjoyment and started giggling when she noticed there were some curious hobbits staring at her. She was subconsciously holding hands with Den. Fro was gleeful when the dancing went on with one of her favorite songs. One of her old friends, Gilroy, came over and asked her to dance.
“Frodurien! It’s been the longest time. Care to dance?” Fro glanced over at Den and he nodded. She took his outstretched hand and stood up with him.
“Why, Gilroy, I would be delighted!” They made there way out to the dance floor and began to dance.
“Can I ask you a question?” Gilroy asked.
“You already have,” she said and smiled. “But yes, you may.”
“Who is it that you’re here with tonight?”
“Denother.”
“Hmm, and I can rightfully say he’s a Ranger?”
“Mmmhmmm.” She nodded. As he whirled her around the dance floor, gracefully.
“Is he with you?” She looked at him quizzically. “Frodurien, no playing games with me. I know you too well. What is it that you aren’t saying?”
“Yes, he’s with me.”
“Tha’s my girl. And you mean you’re, you know? With him.”
“Word games. Yes, yes, yes already. And yes I like him, and yes there is something I am not telling you. You’ll know when I want you to know.” He raised his eyebrows and said no more for a while. The dance ended, and he held on to her hand.
“Again?” He asked, she nodded, smiling. She loved to dance with him, he was one of the only Hobbits in the whole Shire that was a better dancer then her.
“What is it that’s on your mind?”
“That other Ranger, he looks a bit like Den. They are cousins or brothers, are they not?”
“Brothers.”
“Both ruggedly handsome, hmmm?” Fro laughed aloud.
“I agree. You always were in tune to my emotions, eh?”
“Ha, you? Never. You were always an oddball. That’s why I became friends with you. By the way you look lovely tonight.”
“Why thank you, and you, as always, look handsome. Though not ruggedly handsome.” She giggled mercilessly. “You were an oddball as well. The only male that really liked dance classes. We were at the top of our class, were we not?”
“We were.” The song ended and he returned her to her seat. “Goodbye, it sure was nice seeing you again, now I’m off to reunite with the punch bowl.” Fro giggled and waved bye as he bowed out of sight.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 11:57
Ooc - Your sig rings oddly true today. I just did another round of auditions and one lad did his, which involved Shakespeare, in a pair of tights with an improvised codpiece! Man, I haven't laughed so hard for ages!! lmao!

Ic - "Mercy!" Thon held up his hands in supplcation as another hopeful lass came up to him for a dance. She looked put out until he added, "Come and find me after I've had a drink and a bit of a break, then we'll see." She smiled and let him saunter over to Den, but not without giving his rump a sound slap as he passed.
"I think she likes you!" Den teased as his older brother sat beside him, a surprised expression on his face.
"Don't you start. I've had suggestive comments coming at me form all quaters. I ask you! Hobbits are meant to be pastoral and simple and I'm getting bombarded by sexual innuendo!"
"Well Thon, in simple, pastoral areas they often go in for simpler pastimes, and frankly they don't come much simpler than a roll in the hay."
Thon raised an eyebrow, "And the pastimes we partake of are so much more highbrow?"
"Of course." Den grinned cheekily.
"Need I remind you of Nessa? Or Jessina? Or Ellanna? Or..."
"Alright! Alright! You've made your point!"

Ooc - late at night, bad imagination! grr!
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 03:30
((lol! Sounds Hilarious! I needed something of that sort, been a little blue. Ugh, I am so scatterbrained right now.))

Fro raised an eyebrow at Den, she was going to say something but decided against it. A couple seconds went by before she piped up. “Thon, what did I tell you? There are plenty of lasses who’d kill to just talk to you, let alone dance with you.” He raised an eyebrow and looked a bit haughty. “You can wipe that smug look off your face now. You can be such a pain. They’d be doing the same to Den if it wasn’t obvious he was with me.” She smiled and turned, taping her foot to the fast ditty they had begun playing.
Fro searched for Ellie and found her dancing with the Mayor’s son. She laughed to herself, and watched as Ellie giggled and blushed as he spun her around and dipped her. A hobbit who looked familiar to her approached the three sitting at the table and smiled at Fro.
“Miss Frodurien, I couldn’t ‘elp but catch that ya wan’in’ to dance. Would ya care to accomp’ny me on the dance floor?” He looked over to Den. “Would that be alrigh’ wif you Sir?” Den nodded and Fro took his hand.
“Umm, sorry to ask you this, but you look so familiar. Who are you?”
“Gillahad, Gillahad Derins.” She grinned as she looked puzzled for a moment, and then her eyes became very wide.
“You wouldn’t be in any way related to Fresky, would you?”
“I’m ‘is brother. ‘Is older brother.”
“Oh.” She became pale, and stopped talking.
“I know all about you. ‘Ee keeps mentioning you. At first ‘ee was infatuated wif ‘ow pretty ya was, then ‘ee was angry wif ya, then ‘ee was forlorn every time anything was said that reminded ‘im of ya. And let me tell ya, everything anyone said reminded him of ya some’ow. I really don’t understand wha’s the matter with ‘im. I’m goin’ to take a educa’ed guess an’ say it ‘as somethin’ to do with that feller you’re with tonigh’. Am I right?” Fro just nodded and looked a bit sick. “Ya ok there?” She nodded. “So ya really don’ like my younger bro, huh?”
“Not much, no.”
“Wow, there’s no’ been any ‘Obbit in the entire Shire tha’ ‘ees ever ‘ad any trouble with. I bet tha’s why ‘ee wants ya, ‘ee can’t have ya.” He chuckled. “You’s goin’ ta be ‘is undoin’, ya are.” He smiled so genuinely that she had to smile back. She laughed at how different he was then his brother. Finally the song ended and he returned her to her seat, Only to find Den and Thon both weren’t there. Soon she saw Thon back out on the dance floor, and Den getting more drinks, on his way back to the table.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 08:18
Ooc- I've had two goes at posting something intelligent and neither has produced results. This will sound as if it were written by someone of my caliber (not the highest) and not a chimpanzee!! lol!

Ic - "How'd it go?" Den questioned with a smile as he deposited their drinks, "I'm afraid Thon got pressganged again, honestly, that man has developed groupies!"
He chuckled as a Hobbit lad came barreling past after the child he had previously befriended who was yelling, "Can't catch me Pippin!!" and hugging what appeared to be a half-pint of ale to her chest.

Ooc - Nope, the chimp won out! Do you think we should leave Fro's father steaming or have him meet Den or vice versa?
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 08:40
((I think they should have a bit of a run-in…))

Fro giggled at Den’s remark, took a sip of one of the drinks and answered his question. “Den, you know who that was? It was so funny, that happens to be Fresky’s older brother. Only he seems to be as completely opposite as a brother can be, he laughed at me and told me I am driving his brother insane, yet he seems to be enjoying that I am doing it. From what he says, Fresky’s got a big head and I’m shrinking it, you know, doing the boy a favor.” She laughed aloud and waved at Ellie, who was still on the dance floor.
By that time Pippin walked by, going the other way, drinking his ale and carrying a squirming Pervinca Took over his shoulder. The band was announcing that the next song would be the last for a while, for the feast was about to begin.

((Sorry, I really don't know what to write...))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 09:45
Ooc - Right, run in...

Ic - As the song ended people began filing to their places at the tables for the feast, despite many having eated a fair amount already. Fro went looking for her father's place which turned out to be, unsurprisingly, at the centre of the head table. His wife was one side of him and his daughter the other. In the end Den and Thon ended up in the two seats bedside Fro as guests of honour, dubious honour though it may be!
Soon all the speeches had been made for the time being and the food was served. Fro's father turned to the Men bedise his daughter.
"So, how many more of you do we having running around the place then?" His words were somewhat polite but his voice showed that none of that politeness was in anyway meant.
"Well Sir." Thon began respectfully, "We are a reduced platoon of sixteen but soon the majority will be leaving and there will only be three of us here on a permanent basis."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 09:58
"Very good." Halfred said, looking a bit pleased that most of them will be leaving. "And who are the three staying? The two of you no doubt." He seemed to be trying to please his daughter, but he was doing a horrific job at it. Fro smiled at him and answered for them.
"Yes both of them shall stay, and so with a wonderfully friendly chap named Caramon." She smiled with a poisionous sweetness that her father accepted as niceness but her mother winced.
Fro pressed on "I'd like to make a toast." Fro said to the five of them. "That the rangers here shall be welcome and enjoy themselves to the fullest extent as any normal Hobbit is allowed." She drank her glass and so did her mother, but her father sipped it politely, almost gagging on the wine that slipped down his throat. Her mother winked at her, while her father started on the food, eating it ferociously, as if taking out his anger on the meat on his plate.
Fro nodded to Den and Thon, gesturing them to enjoy the food that was on the table, while it was still on the table. She made her own plate and refilled her wine from the many pitchers placed throughout the table. Soon enough, after all of the food on the table had dissappeared the cake was brought out, and placed directly in front of the Birthday boy.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 09:40
Ooc - I am mildly repulsed at what my characters can get up to at the moment. I've just posted in a thread in which I'm exploring Thon's 'colourful' past and he has become a distincly nasty piece of work. Man, I've disturbed myself, that cannot be good!!

Ic - Den's eyes widened at the size of the confection a mere two seats away from him. It was easily three feet tall, and none of your tiered rubbish, it was solid fuit cake with a diameter about that of an elven long knife he judged. It was not only the size that impressed him no, for every available inch of space on the top of the cake had be untilised for the purpose of holding candles to make the Birthday Boy feel his age.
"Wow." Was all he managed.
Thon's look matched his brothers, "I hope he likes us enough to let us have a piece." He whispered, Den sniggered.
"Can you imagine the exersises we'd have to do to work it off!"

Meanwhile, back at the Laughing Robin it had been a quiet and contented afternoon. Quentin had returned to his sign and most of the men had congregated in the common room to share a pint and memories of home.
Two faces however were conspicuous by their absence. Tanis and Caramon were nowhere to be found, and that was just how they wanted it to stay.
They were infact in the Pub's woodshed, Caramon pinned against the wall and locked in a passionate kiss with the bigger man.
"Meleth nin!" Caramon gasped as he surfaced for air.
"Mmm?" Tanis continued to nuzzle at his lover's neck.
"We need to talk meleth nin."
Tanis sighed and put the smaller man down, "Do we really have to?"
"Yes," Caramon looked almost embarrased for a second, "We do."
Tanis lowered himself to sit on the woodpile and held out a hand to Caramon, "Come then lirimaer, sit, and tell me what is on your mind."
Caramon slid down beside his lover and sighed as he rested his head against the solid warmth of Tanis' shoulder. "We must part soon." Tanis seemed about to protest, "We must! You will go back to your wife in Gondor and I will stay here and set up the first Ranger Base in the Shire, we cannot prevent it."
"But we do not have to think about it."
"We do! So much has happened since that mad night of fear when we thought we would die alone and clung together to abate that fear. We agreed that it was just release, we were friends who occasionally got together, and how I tried to keep it that way!"
"But it became more." Tanis finsihed heavily, "For both of us."
"Aye." Caramon sighed and his breath hitched slighly in his chest, "The first time you called me you love..." He didn't finsih but gave a dry gasp and buried his face in Tanis' tunic, "I can't face losing you caun-nin!"
"Nor can I meleth nin. Nor can I." Tanis rested his head on the blond, fragrent pillow of his love's hair and the two clung together, as they had so long ago, in shared pain and fear.

Ooc - Another dark post. I'm sounding mainc depressive today.
btw translations: -
Meleth nin - my love.
lirimaer - lovely one
caun nin - my prince (Purely an endearment)

[Edited on 17/7/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]

[Edited on 18/7/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 10:37
((Aww, hope you feel happier soon! ooh, evil thon, evil! :evil: lol))

"Try being like a Hobbit, we don't think, we just eat." Fro giggled and smiled at her father, who had started cutting the cake. He gave a peice to his wife first, then cut himself a huge peice, then cut a peice for Fro, and continued cutting until he had cut close to fifty peices, then he gave the knife to the caterer. Thon and Den both had rather large peices of cake, which they had started shoveling down their throats. Fro had started on her peice at a slow pace, savouring the first few bites, and then wolfing down the rest. Fro giggled and held her stomach, unable to finish the last bite. She drank a sip of ale and sat back in her seat, listening silently to her mother arguing with her father about her.
"I think she is old enough to make her own decision." Her mother was saying.
"Yes, but not mature enough to make this decision by herself. We need to help her out a bit. She'll thank us in the end."
"No, she'll hate us if you do that. I can't believe you aren't happy for her, she's actually setting down."
"For how long? How can you be sure he'll stay with her?"
"How can you be sure he won't?"
"I never said that."
"You implied."
"Ah, you think I was meaning that. Well I was. This conversation is over."
"No, it isn't. Get to know the boy, you will be able to see how he loves her, cares for her."
"Ach! This is a ranger you are talking about."
"Who is in love with our daughter. Can't you accept it, she is in love with him too. You have to let her do this. Even if he does leave her, I'd rather see her happy and have a chance."
"Boys seldom marry girls who have been married before."
"You want her to marry who you like, even if she hates them, give it a rest, and accept it."
"This conversation is over."
"Yes, it is." Fro's mother placed her half-pint on the table. Fro turned to Den and smiled hopefully.
"She'll crack him, I hope." Fro whispered, smiling.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 09:52
Ooc - lol! Yeah I'm cool now, wanting to strangle some unprofessional memebers of our school chior who seem to have no grasp of looking good while performing! Grr! But yeah, in the mood for a slightly more fun post today. lol!

Ic - "If she's anything like our Mother then she will." He grinned back.
Thon sniggered, "Indeed. Can't you just remember that look she got in her eye when Father had done something... rash?"
"Aye! And we'd go 'to our rooms' but really we'd be hiding outside the kitchign door waiting for the fireworks to start."
"And he'd try to explain himself and she wouldn't have any of it and he'd go and sleep in the hayloft without even being told to!"
Den looked thoughtful for a second, "You'd better make sure they build a comfortable hayloft when we get the stables extended."
"Why? You planning to come home roaring drunk at two in the morning?"
"Not on a regular basis no. But one has to plan for the distinct possibilty."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 10:52
Fro snickered at the comment and grinned at the hobbit across the table from her who had been listening to the boy's conversation. He looked a bit confused and then blushed and looked sheepish as Fro smiled at him. Her father stood up as most of the cake was finished off. "Now, for more singing and merrymaking!" He shouted to the group. The band got the hint and quickly walked to the stage and picked up their instruments. They started with a slow dance, as everyone was busy digesting and they hadn't wanted any to lose their full stomachs.
"Den, I know I haven't taught you this dance, but would you--" She was interrupted with a light tapping on her shoulder. She turned to see a small hobbit lad standing next to her. He was trying hard to be gentleman-like. He bowed slightly and held out his hand. "Miss, will you dance with me... please?" Fro giggled and accepted his outstretched hand.
Fro turned back to Den "Sorry 'bout that. Next one?" He nodded and she turned back to the hobbit lad, who looked about eleven or twelve. "Yes, of course. I shall love to have the privilege of dancing with a fine Hobbit such as yourself." He blushed and dug his foot into the ground.
"Aw, thank ya Ma'am. But I'm not that great." Fro giggled and stood up.
"Nonsense." She said, and he pulled her over to the dance floor, he proved a pretty good dancer, although at first he had to count in time with the music. Near the middle of the song he had gotten up enough courage to talk to her.
"Are they Rangers?" He asked, glancing over at Den and Thon. Fro smiled.
"Yes, they are in fact. They're here to protect the Shire and live here in Hobbiton." The boy made an "O" with his mouth and then shut it for a minute. "What is your name, Sir?" Fro asked.
"Alerrio. Whats your's?"
"Frodurien."
"That's pretty, I like that name. What's his name?" He pointed at Thon who had started dancing with another Hobbit lass.
"Ethoner. And the other, who's still sitting down is Denother. They're brothers."
"Reallly? Ethoner is much taller than Denother."
"Height doesn't matter, look at their faces. They have similar features."
"Yeah, you're right." He said, getting excited about them. "Uh-oh."
"What?"
"Denother is looking over at us."
"Don't worry about him, he's not going to do anything to you." He smiled, and she giggled at him.
"You're pretty."
"Why, thank you, Alerrio, you are very handsome as well. You won't have any problems with the ladies." He grinned and the song ended. He walked with her back over to her seat and leaned over, kissing her on the cheek. "Alerrio, I think perhaps, I am a bit old for you." He looked a bit down-hearted and she winked at him, and he smiled widely at her, and ran to find another dance partner. "What a kid." She said as she took a sip of her ale.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 08:42
Den grinned, "If they're all like theat then I'm goign to have to start watching my back." The band struck up into a different tune, "Hey, this one sounds like I could make it up without embarassment." He stood and proffered his arm to Fro, "Milady, may I have this dance?"

Thon meanwhile had settled in the beer tent with a cool pint in one hand, a delectable, sticky little sweetmeat in the other and had been happily eyeing the proceedings when a liht tap on his elbow brought him back to himself.
"I hope we aren't interrupting Sir." He looked down to find two Hobbit Lasses standing at his side. He took a quick double take, the two were like peas in a pod! Identical green eyes, identical brown, curly hair and identical coy yet oddly sultry smiles fixed firmly in place.
"Not at all."
"Good." The planted themselves in the two unoccupied chairs either side of the handsome ranger.
"I am Penelope Took." One stated.
"And I'm Padma Took." The other put in.
"We're twins." They finished in unison.
"I'd noticed." Thon answered weakly, something in those grins was beginning to unsettle him slightly.
"We were wondering..."
"...What such a handsome fellow as yourself is doing sat here with no company..."
"...At a party of all places."
Thon smiled, "I was merely taking a break from the floor ladies."
"Ah, yes." Penelope nodded sagely, "We've seen you dancing with every pretty bit of skirt that pops up."
"It must get very tiring." Padma sighed and sympathetically stroked Thon's sinewy forearm.
"Thirsty more like." Thon gave the lass a sidelong glance but decided to play along for now, she wasn't doing any harm.

Ooc - ELOI!
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 02:07
((Ach! I just wrote three long posts and they didn’t make it… I’ll try once more.. Stupid computer. :killcomp: Ahh, thats better.))

Fro grinned and accepted his arm, she stood gracefully and let him lead her to the dance floor. She often found it a bit difficult to keep up with Den’s moves, but got used to it. She giggled as he soon became found of spinning her around as fast as she could go. Soon she became slightly dizzy, however. She almost tripped over his foot when he spun her once more and then dipped her close to the ground. She was afraid she would fall if he wasn’t holding her steady with his other hand. Soon they were doing some sort of complicated tango and she laughed, smiling up at him. Her heart skipped a beat for he looked ruggedly handsome, she felt so proud of him. She grinned at the prospect that she would wake up to his face for the rest of her life.
Most Hobbit’s on and off the dance floor were watching them curiously, trying to guess what they were going to do next. They were a bit conspicuous as they were dancing all wrong, but both really didn’t seem to care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresky lay on his couch, clutching his forehead. He had a horrible headache about the whole ordeal. Everything he had tried so far hadn’t worked, and now he had Frodurien’s Father angry with him. But that was not the least of his worries, he kept thinking he had failed and would never win. But then ideas that he hadn’t invited began popping into his head. Soon enough they had consumed him and he feared it was his only choice. It was something he didn’t want to resort to, but he knew it had to be done, unless he could think of something in it’s place. Nothing he could think of had a better chance of happening and he tried to shake the idea out of his head. Finally, he decided he must, and he knew better than to try right away. He grinned evilly at the prospect, and he knew it would be worth it to lay low for a while if in the end he won his prize. He would do it, he had to. He would take her as his bride, she would be his whether she liked it or not.

[Edited on 21/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 08:11
Ooc - Cool, timings now sorted. Man we've nearly RP'ed the thing already! And go check out that story I told you about, It's almost exactly the same idea!

Ic - Den laughed as he and Fro had to pull up short to avoid another couple, "You know?" He cocked his head to one side, "I really think I should lay off the ale for tonight. I've had enough that strange things are beginning to seem like a good idea, Like dancing about like a madman."
"Oh well," Fro grinned, "We haven't humiliated ourselves just yet."
"And let's attempt to keep it that way!"

Ooc - Back to the twin huzzies!!

"I can imagine." Penelope slowly began to stroke Thon's other arm. "My, you must be strong!" She exclaimed as her small hand encountered his strongly defined biceps.
Effectively pinned as he was Thon could only reply politely and wonder just how to get these 'forward' young women off of him. "Well Milady, you can't be weak and swing a sword to any great effect."
Padma smiled languidly, "I'm sure you can handle your weapon with great skill." The message in her eyes made her meaning perfectly clear.
Thon's breath hitched in his throat slightly, "Ladies, I'm not entirly sure that this is entirely proper."
"Who cares about propriety?" Penelope pouted, "The elders are just so stuffy! We should be able to have more fun." Her fingers continued their stroking.
"Are these two giving you trouble?" A Hibbit lad came around from behind the trio and stood, hands on his hips and an amused expression gracing his features.
"Surprises would be what they're giving me Sir." Thon responded.
"They've been told about tag teaming lads." His smile broadened at the flustered look on Thon's face.
"Aww!"
"Pippin!"
"We were being nice."
"Too nice is your problem! Now go and sit with Mother."
With ill grace the twins rose and, giving Thon one last, heavy lidded gaze, made their way over to the Hobbit who had 'rescued' Pervinca from den's clutches earlier.
"Sorry about those two." Pippin sat beside Thon, "They've just become interested in boys and they know full well what effect the pair of them have together."
"Don't worry." Thon took a draught of his ale, "I suppose I should be flattered really. It's just I've taken a kind of vow of chastity since a rather painful episode in my life a few years back."
"But you certainly seemed happy dancing with all those lasses."
"But that was dancing, not.. you know. Those two made it perfectly clear what they were after."
"Father will certainly be speaking to them tonight and, as you seem a nice enough chap I'll try and make sure he doesn't put in too much bigoted stuff about Men in general."
"Please!" Thon chuckled, "I'm getting enough of that from a prospective new relation."
Pippin raised an eyebrow, "So Frodurien and your friend?"
"My brother. Yes, they are. Once we can win her Father around that is."
"Good luck to you. Hamfast is a stubbourn chap. Come on," He guestured to Thon's nearly empty ale, "Let me get you another."
"Don't mind if I do. You Hobbits certainly make a good brew."
"Famed for it mate, famed for it!"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 08:58
((lmao! OH my goodness, haven't laguhed this hard in ages. How hilarious!))

Fro looked over to Thon and giggled, she watched as the dissappointed Took twins walked away and noticed that must have been Pippin's doing. "Ha, Thon got himself into a bit of trouble. If Pippin hadn't stopped him, there would be four hobbit lasses sleeping at the Inn tonight, and half in Thon's bed. And it wouldn't have been Thon's doing." She giggled as Den quickly turned her around so he was able to see his brother. "No, they aren't there anymore, Den. Do that again and we will humiliate ourselves." She grinned. He spun around once again, to spite her, and they almost tripped over an older Hobbit couple. She glared at him. "You did that on purpose you rascal!" He grinned evilly and nodded.
"Aye, I did, lassie." He chuckled and she couldn't help but giggle. She caught Pippin looking over at them and he gave her a knowing glance.
"Uh-oh. I wonder what Pippin got out of Thon. Thon's pretty tipsy, he is." She looked a bit worried, but shrugged. "I hope it's not too embarrassing." The song ended while she was mid spin, and Den looked a bit sheepish.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 11:38
Ooc - Glad you liked it. I'm not sure where those two came from, but they just seemed right for the moment. Can we get our party goers home soon so we can start moving the story along a little?

Ic - "I guess it helps if you know the tunes eh?" Den grinned and led Fro to sit with Thon and Pippin who were engaged in a spirited, drink fuelled conversation about the relative merits of Dice as compared to Knucklebones.

Ooc - Oh hell. It's quarter to eleven at night and my imagination is failing me!
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 07:33
((Of Course!))

After all the ale had been drunk, and all the wonderful Hobbit food eaten, many of the partygoers were finally heading home. The caterers were quickly packing the tables, plates, cups, spoons, forks, and everything else left behind by the worn out crowd. The band started to pack up, and that was the cue for Fro to take Den and Thon by the hand and start on the walk home. Thon was still arguing good-naturedly with Pippin, who looked amused with the situation. Here she was, a small Hobbit, trying to pull Thon, who wouldn’t budge, while Den just stood on her other side, snickering. “Den!” She said through gritted teeth, as she braced her foot on the bench Thon was sitting on and pulled with all her might, only getting him to lean a little in her direction. “Help me with him!” She was so frustrated, and at that point her hand slipped from Thon’s elbow and she fell backwards. She jumped up and put her hands on her hips. Pippin was by this time laughing loudly, and was on one side of Thon, while Den was on the other and they heaved him from his seat. Thon was chuckling merrily, and soon Fro had to admit it was a rather funny situation.
They all began walking down the road, Fro and Pippin singing an old Hobbit tune, while Den and Thon hummed along as much as they could. About halfway up the road, Pippin had to take another road, and the whole walking party looked sad that he was leaving them. Fro gave him a hug and said goodnight, while Thon playfully whacked him on the shoulder, and Den shook his hand.
“Goodnight then, everyone! And good-luck to you both, Denother and Frodurien. May your marriage be a happy one.” Pippin said, merrily. Fro and Den both raised their eyebrows at Thon, who shrugged and looked apologetic. Fro smiled.
“Thank you, Pippin. And I hope to see you there.” She said smiling. Pippin nodded enthusiastically and waved goodbye, as the group pressed on, humming tunes from the party and laughing there way back to the Laughing Robin. The three stumbled their way through the front door and sat around the fire, excitement still etched into their faces.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 09:00
Caramon looked up from his moody, solitary contemplation of the fire and clutched his whiskey tighter, the amber liquid slopping in the tumbler.
"Sounds like you had a good time." His voice was heavy.
"It could'a gone better with Hamfast but Hobbit parties are something I could get used to!" Thon flopped into an armchair and belched merrily.
Den however noticed that something was really not right with his old friend and he crouched down infront of the stocky Rohirrim.
Caramon's eyes were bloodshot and half focused and he swayed gently where he sat.
"Caramon. How many of these have you had?" Den asked softly.
"This mus' be m' fifth."
"Oh Caramon." Den gently removed the glass from unresisting fingers. "I thought I told you."
"Bu' it takes away the pain."
Den's look fo concern deeped, even Thon lifted himself from his alcoholic fog.
"What pain Caramon? Tell me." Den placed his hands on Caramon's clasped ones.
"'S Tanis." He muttered, "He's gonna... gonna leave... gonna leave me... leave me alone!" He started to shake.
"Shhh. You'll still have us."
"'S not the same! I... I love him." This last was barely a whisper as the broad shoulders wracked with sobs and the tears began to fall.
"Oh Caramon." Den repeated, slipping his arms around his friend and pulling him to kneel beside him where Den cradled Caramon's head in the crook of his neck.
"You what?!" Thon shot unsteadily to his feet, "You what?!"
"Thon, sit down."
"You!!"
"Thon."
"You... Gah!! And in MY platoon!!"
"Ethoner! Sit down! NOW!" Den's face had darkened in anger and it was apparent that Thon's leadership abilities were a family thing as Thon's knees buckled almost without his assent. "I don't care what you think about Caramon's life choices but you have been friends with him for years. For a start I can't believe you didn't realise and secondly you need to support him! I can remember what you were like after Gilwen died. Tanis leaving is practically the same thing to Caramon. Just show some compassion." Den's lips twisted in disgust at his Brother's behaviour and he turned back to offering what comfort he could to Caramon.

[Edited on 23/7/2005 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 23/7/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 09:47
((Oh, how terribly sad, poor Caramon!))

Fro watched the scene unfold with her eyes wide and a hand over her mouth. She had never really understood what it was when men were in love with each other. It certainly hadn’t ever happened in Hobbiton, at least not that she knew of. Den had scared her to death when he was yelling at Thon, and her heart was still racing, pounding loudly in her chest. She thought for sure they could all hear it. Thon had sat back down, looking like someone had just winded him from a punch to the stomach. He just sat there with an open mouth, not taking his eyes from Den and Caramon. Fro looked back and forth from the pair on the ground to Thon in the chair.
Finally Fro decided it would be best for her to leave the room quietly. She slipped out, trying her best to be quiet, and walked quickly down the hall, trying to remember which of the rooms Tanis had slept in. She looked back and forth, finally picking one she was sure she had seen him go into several times. She must have guessed correctly, because the big man was sprawled on top of his sheets, looking just as miserable as Caramon had. She bit her lip and slowly approached him.
“Tanis?” She called sweetly, hoping he had noticed her walk in. “I’m sorry to just burst in on you like this, but I thought perhaps you’d need a hug?” He looked surprised to see her, and pulled himself into a sitting position. Before he was able to say anything she was standing next to him, hugging him firmly around the neck and stroking his hair.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 12:39
Ooc - I know it's short notice honey but I'm gonna be gone from tomorrow afternoon until about Saturday. I'm building a Musical in a Week and will be half dead at the end of it but hey ho! I will desperatly try to get to a computer at some point but I can't promise anything. :cry: I'll miss you!
Plus - AWWW!! SO cute!!!

Ic - Initially Tanis stiffened as he felt Fro wrap her arms around him but eventually he relaxed and gently returned the hug, taking comfort but keeping in mind how easy it would be for him to hurt the tiny being in his arms.
After a while he pulled back.
"Thankyou Frodurien." He sighed, "You were right, I really needed that."
"Well, Caramon's in such a sate I thought you would be feeling just as bad."
Tanis' brows drew together, "He hasn't been drinking again has he?"
"Five whiskeys." Tanis groaned, "But Den's with him now. He'll be fine." Fro's voice was cheerful.
"Den? Then that means that Thon is in the vicinty." Fro nodded, "Oh dear. How did the dense bugger take the news?"
"Not well at all. But he's being quiet now." Fro looked hard at Tanis. "And I must say, you're being much quieter than Caramon."
Tanis gave a humourless laugh, "Well, I'm sober for one thing. And, it's different for me than it is for Caramon. I'm married, I have children. In Caramon I have found a kindred spirit who I am loath to let go but I know I must. I love him, but not quite in the way he loves me. He has never been with a woman and never will be with a woman. He knew he shouldn't but he has given me his heart and soul and it hurts that I cannot return his love." Tanis huddled miserably on the bed, "But we still have time before we must leave. We still have some time together."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 07:46
((Aw, man! I'm gonna miss you alot , but I hope you have fun!))

"Tanis, now don't go doing that again." Fro complained good naturedly. "Tell me about your wife?" She stated it like a question, but pushed it as a command. She put her hand on his shoulder and braced herself, trying to get him to sit up again. She knew he was bigger than Thon, but she tried none-the-less, and he must have known she was trying so he sat up once more. He supported his sagging shoulders with his hands bracing himself on either side. He stared at the floor and Fro looked a bit frustrated, but softened and placed her hand on his shoulder. He was still silent and Fro tried a different approach.
"What's her name?" She asked, trying not to sound frustrated, nor too cheerful.
"Ravina."
"What does she look like?"
"Oh, she's beautiful. She has ocean blue eyes, much like your own." He was looking into her eyes, and she was afraid to turn away, even though she was blushing. He went on, almost smiling that she was blushing. "She has long dark brown hair, and is about six feet tall. She's not slender, and she's about as built as Den is." Fro had to giggle at this, and he smiled slightly with her.
"And your children? I want to hear all about them."
"Two boys and a girl. The boys are twins."
"Oh!" Fro exclaimed, twins were always fun. "What do they look like?"
"Well, they both have brown eyes and brown hair. When I left they were about your height, and were only nine. They must be eleven or twelve by now."
"What are their names?"
"Fredegar and Drengio."
"How cute! And what of the girl?"
"She's gorgeous, she has blue eyes and copper hair, curly, a bit like your's, actually. And she loves to sing, she has a lovely singing voice. She was around sixteen when I left, so she must be eighteen now. Unlike me and my wife, she is slender." He took a moment, staring at the wall behind Fro, and his eyes brightened and he smiled broadly. "Her name is Aianna." He said, before Fro could ask.
"She sounds beautiful." Fro said. Tanis looked down at her and grabbed her shoulders, then eased up a bit and just laid them there.
"Thank you Frodurien, this helps ease my pain. But what of Caramon?"
"Don't you worry about him, Tanis. I'll be speaking to him in a lil' bit." She leaned forward and hugged him once again, her head resting on his broad chest. "You need some sleep, Tanis. Go to sleep." She climbed off the bed and pushed him (Or more like attempted to push him) down onto his pillow, and covered him with the blanket. She sat next to the bed, and hummed a lullaby, while holding his hand. After awile, his hand slipped out from hers and his face clouded over.
"May your dreams be peaceful, and of your wife." She whispered, lightly brushing his forehead with her lips, and stepped out silently, slowly and soundlessly closing the door behind her. She sighed and headed back to the room where she had left the three men. Den and Caramon where gone, but Thon still sat on the chair, it appeared he hadn't moved an inch since she had last seen him. She approached him slowly and placed a hand on his forarm. She jumped when he grabbed her hand swiftly and yanked on it, but soon he realized who it was.
"Thon are you alright?" She asked, trying hard to flinch when he stared hard at her.

((I hope you don't mind that I described Tanis's family, if you had something already in mind, I could change it, if you needed me to.))

[Edited on 23/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 11:25
Ooc - Not at all Fro, it's a better family than I would have come up with. We seem to have developed a thing about twins! lol! And did you get the heads up from PBFH that we'll likely be moved to TR sometime soon?

Ic - Thon sighed and released Fro's hand. "I'm fine Fro, sorry if I hurt you. I'm just tense and confused. My whole comfortable little idea of how the world works has just been given a shake up and I'm not happy about it to say the least."
"I guess I'm not surprised." Den's soft voice surpised the two in the room. "I put Caramon to bed. He's busy sleeping off the drink and the emotion." He sat tiredly on the long sofa infront of the fire and guestured for Fro to come and sit beside him so the two could cuddle up.
"What do you mean you're not surprised?" Thon questioned.
"Well, you were always one to actually belive the epic poems of warrior bonds between men word for word, the rest of us read a little more into them especially those like Caramon who realised that euphemisms for the confusing feelings they were having would be a good idea." Den's eyes clouded slightly as he went into the realms of memory, "Of your friends you were the first to lie with a woman, you never even had fleeting thoughts relating to men. To you matters of the heart have always been pretty black and white. To some, particularly in the Rangers or the Riders, situations where men live and die together, there are shades of grey."
"You sound like you speak from experience." Thon's eyes showed fear at what he might hear in reply to his question, but he had to hear the answer.
Den sighed and glanced down at Fro before he answered. Let her think of me what she will, he eventually decided.
"Once I was part of a small scouting party. We took shelter in a cave but heavy rainfall had loosened the face of the mountain and a rockfall trapped us inside. We were afraid as none of the main body of our troop wold come this way unless we returned to tell them it was safe. We thought we were going to die. There were four of us and we paired off into friendship groups anyway so, when it came to the end we knew that we had but one comfort left and we took it." Den's eyes were fixed on the floor, "It's not something I'd repeat," But now they rose to defiantly meet his brother's stare, "But it's not something I regret in the least. I can see where Caramon and Tanis are coming from, even if that is not how I choose to live my life. I jsut hope that you can realise that this does not make them bad or dirty or amoral, it just makes them different to us."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 03:21
((No, I hadn’t heard, thanks for the heads up! I thought it would be moved there anyway, with the amount of rangers we have! And we do have an odd taking to twins, don’t we? We shouldn’t push it into overkill, though. I’ve always had a thing for twins. lol))

Fro winced and drew knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs in a timid gesture. She didn’t move away from Den, but she couldn’t bring herself to meet his gaze when it passed over her. She simply stared at the floor, and her body trembled for a second, then she went still and recoiled at his touch. He said he won’t do it again… she kept forcing herself to think. Her mind wondered onto other paths however, paths she dared not tread on. She closed her eyes tightly, and rocked herself back and forth, thinking of anything but men. Funny how the mind works, however, and whatever she was trying to think of, it wasn’t working, and her mind kept relating everything back to Den, or Tanis, or Caramon. She bit her lip and kept her eyes closed.
At last she opened her eyes wide and got up quickly, running through the kitchen and out the back door. She needed some time on her own to think a few things over. She wasn’t heading any direction particular, and found herself at the edge of the river. She looked left and right, and then ran into the water. As soon as it was deep enough she dived under and swam away from the edge, almost to the middle. It was much to deep for her to touch the ground beneath her and she stayed where she was, treading water, and occasionally falling backwards underneath the freezing water.
It was doing exactly what Fro wanted it too, cooling down her feelings, and clearing her mind. At first she thought of everything she could that didn’t remind her of Den, or any of the Rangers for that matter. She swam back and forth, almost like pacing. When she thought she could deal with it, she began thinking of all the things she had gone through since she first laid eyes on Den. She would go from crying, to smiling and finally ending with anger and confusion. She thought of the situation he had been in and imagined herself going through exactly that. I probably would have done the same thing. She brought herself to think, and shivered.
Finally Fro understood, and accepted it. “He’s not going to do it again.” She said firmly, out loud. And was shocked to hear her voice was so hollow. She blamed it on the river, and the fact that she was freezing. She swam back to the shore and shook out her hair, squeezing most of the water out of her dress. At last she headed back over the hill towards the Inn and crept through the door. She pushed the kitchen door open, and took pleasure in the fire that warmed her almost instantly. She slowly looked over to Den, who hadn’t heard her walk in and had his head in his hands. She walked over to him and put her hand under his chin, forcing him to look into her eyes. She was taken aback at how miserable he looked, and took a deep breath before she began.
“I’m sorry Den, I overreacted. I finally understand, will you forgive me?” Her voice was filled with emotion and she was almost frightened to hear his answer.

[Edited on 24/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 12:01
Ooc - Last post before I leave! :cry: Don't forget me!!! lol!

Ic - Den didn't speak, merely let out a sigh of relief and leant forward, capturing Fro's mouth in a tender, loving kiss.
When they broke apart a slow smile spead across his face,
"There is nothing to forgive meleth nin. You are here beside me when I thought you wouldn't be. You accept me for who I am now, not who I was or what I have done in the past." He gently stroked her wet hair, "I don't deserve you my love."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 06:24
((I shant forget you, sweetie. I just hope you can get to this before it hits the third page. much love, and do try to get back in one peice!))

Fro blushed, “Pish posh, Den darling. It is I who is the lucky one.” She grinned and took hold of his hands, squeezing them tenderly. “Now I must change out of these cold, wet clothes before I catch my death. And look at the time! Past twelve. Come now, we must go to sleep, or Carrey will have our heads for sleeping the day away tomorrow.”
She walked silently down the hall to her room and peeled off her dress, clumsily fumbling at her garter with half-numb fingers. As soon as she got it off she picked out a warm blue nightgown and pulled it over her head. She brushed out her wet, tangled curls ending up with waves falling down to her hips. She grinned at the thought of what she had almost forgotten to do. She crept down the hall to where Den slept. She pushed the door open noiselessly and quickly shut it behind her.
“What the?!?” Den said, turning around quickly. Fro grinned slyly at the thought of catching him in just his night pants, with his night shirt in his hands. She casually strolled over to his side and reached up, pulling his neck down to her level. She kissed him softly, and then pulled away after a few moments.
“You silly Man.” She grinned and kissed him once more. “You didn’t actually think you could get away with not giving me a good night kiss?” He grinned at her and she winked. “Losto mae,
gerich veleth nín.” He looked a bit shocked at first, but then he smiled widely.
“You as well, melleth nín. Good night!” He said as she shuffled out of the room and tip toed her way down the hall. Feeling her way in the darkness that was her room, she bumped into her bed and climbed up. She covered herself with the thick blanket and went to sleep after only a moment or two after her head had hit the pillow.
Fro’s head was filled with sweet dreams, and she awoke as the first light of the day entered her room. She stretched and rubbed her sleepy eyes until she was able to focus and hopped out of bed. She hesitated and finally decided against wearing her girdle for the day. She hadn’t gone without one in years, but how she longed for the feeling of freedom it allowed her when she didn’t wear it. Plus she wanted desperately to go for a swim as well as a ride today, and she wanted to be comfortable. She picked out a loose fitting yellow dress and slipped it over her head, tying a gold rope around her waist so the dress couldn’t be mistaken for a nightgown. She gently rubbed rosewater onto her face and hair, wipeing her hands off on her dress. She smiled and danced merrily down the hall, sniffing the savory smell of breakfast being prepared. She was humming a happy little tune under her breath as she pushed her way into Den’s room.
She gently kissed his cheek. “Wake up, sleepy head.” She whispered softly, watching him drift slowly into consciousness. As soon as his eyes were open she kissed his cheek once more.
“Good morning, Den, dear.” She said, opening the curtains wide, letting the morning sun shine brightly into his room.

[Edited on 26/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 09:22
Ooc - Heya Fro!! I got back late last night and was in no mood to post anything, though I did read it. I'll send ya a PM when I have fully recovered.

Ic - "Mmm!" Den grumbled good naturedly and pulled the covers over his head, "'S twerly!" ((too early if you're me!))
"No it's not you grumble guts!" Fro playfully began to wrestle the covers out of Den's battle honed grip.
"Tis!" He growled and rocketed up, wrapping Fro up in the blanket and pinning her to the bed. "Mornin'!" He kissed the tip of her nose and got out of bed, stretching as he went.
"Anything special planned today?" He asked as he rummaged around for a clean set of clothes.

Ooc - Sorry it's bad, I'm still whacked out from the past six days.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 10:21
((Your back!!! YAY!!! And I shall await your pm, do tell me how your week went! And no worries, it is a perfectly good post…))

Fro unraveled herself from the blankets and sat up. “Well, I am in the mood for a swim, and maybe a ride too. I need to order the invitations real soon, we’ll have to make a list.” She giggled and covered her eyes as he pulled off his night pants and put on his clothes. As soon as he was dressed she hopped off the bed and skipped over to the door. “C’mon Den, were already almost late for breakfast. You were the only one still sleeping this morning, well, except Caramon. But let’s let him sleep, huh?” She winked at him and opened the door. Stepping through it, she waited for him to come out and close the door behind him. Then she took his hand and pulled him through the hall and into the kitchen. Everyone looked up from their plates momentarily and smiled at the pair, and Carrey hopped up from her seat, fetching plates and filling them with steaming eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon.
“Where’s Caramon?” Carrey asked after a moment of looking around. Fro noticed Tanis’s shoulders sag a tad bit.
“Still sleeping. He was up late.” Fro said, grinning and casting a glance at Thon. Her and Den sat at the end of the table, and started on their plates.
“So, how was the party?” One of the rangers asked from across the table.
“It was great, Thon here was quite the ladies man.” Fro said, playfully slapping Thon on the back, managing to get a small grin from Thon.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 08:29
A sly 'ooo!' went up from the men and Sorrel jabbed his Captain in the ribs, "Gonna follow your brother's example eh Thon?"
"No chance!" Thon choked into his ale, "No offence Fro, Carrey, but I prefer to be able to see eye to eye with my women."
"And discreetly look down their cleavages." Den added. "You tend to get a head in the way at this height." Fro looked scandalised, "What? I was curious. It doesn't work." She slapped at his side and many of the Rangers laughingly made the whip crack guesture.
Suddenly the sound of hooves broke into the camraderie around the table, closely followed by a deep voice.
"Hail! Hail Rangers of the Laughing Robin!"
"That'll be us." Thon commented and rose to greet their visitor, closely followed by the rest of the platoon.

Outside a short, stocky Man sat astride a muscular chestnut horse, a scroll in his hand and a Northern Star pinned to his cloak.
"Marakion!" Thon held his arms wide in greeting as he strode towards the newcomer.
"Ethoner! You old Rogue! How are you?!" Marakion replied as he swung from the saddle.
"Not bad old friend, not bad." Thon clasped the man in a swift embrace before drawing back, "And you? How long has it been?"
"Must be getting on fro three years."
"Too long Marakion! Too long."
"Aye, but now we have our chance to catch up. And for you to read the message I have for you."
"Ah, yes of course. It' stoo much to hope that you're just here on pleasure. Come in, we still have some breakfast about!"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 02:19
Fro and Carrey hurried around collecting empty plates, and slipped them into the scalding soapy water in the barrel. Fro took another plate from the cabinet as Carrey heated up eggs, bacon and sausage in the stove. As soon as everything was ready, Marakion had been pushed into the kitchen, and was handed a steaming plate of leftover breakfast foods. As soon as the chap had time to sit down, everyone was crowded around him and Thon, as Thon was reading the message around to all his compatriots.
Fro and Carrey also listened intently to the message, when Caramon came bursting through the kitchen door, rubbing his eyes and scratching his side.
“Why didn’t anyone wake me up for breakfast?” He asked mid-yawn, before he realized who everyone was gathered around. He stood up straight and nodded to Marakion, growling for Carrey to please get him some food. Quick as a flash, Carrey had him a hot plate of the rest of the breakfast food, and pushed him into a seat at the table.

((Sorry, I have no imagination at all today...))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2005 01:23
Thon had unrolled the scroll and begun reading aloud.
"Captain Ethoner,
We have read you recommendation for the fortifaction of the Laughing Robin Public House near Hobbiton, The Shire and have discussed in detail the plans forwarded to us along with that recommendation.
All the reasoning is sound, the fortifications no more than necessary and the list of men to man the base adequate for the location. We agree to your proposal and place the treasury of the White Company at your disposal to implement your plans, within reason of course.
As merely three men of the company currently residing at the Laughing Robin are to remain and the situation around the Pelannor is worsening we reqire the remainder of the platoon to return immediatly and re-enforce those at the Pelannor.
General Halbarad, Commander in Chief of the White Company."
Thon looked up, a smile lighting his features, "Well, there's a turn up for the books!"
Tanis meanwhile had slumped into a chair and Caramon had pushed his plate away, suddenly looking queasy.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 06:14
Ooc - Fro? Where be you ducky? Come Baaaaaack!!! :cry:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 06:03
((I'm back!!! sorry about the delay, I was having major computer problems, ugh! Stupid cpu!!! But, I fixed them, now, what to write?))

Carrey clapped her hands and danced around the kitchen, and Fro smiled widely and hugged Den. "Your staying, your staying!" She squeaked, and as soon as she let go she could see Carrey smothering Marakion with hugs. She giggled as he looked shocked, confused and curious all at the same time. Fro pulled Den down by his shoulders and locked him into a loving embrace, he put his strong arms around her and picked her up, spinning her around and finally she found his lips and kissed him passionately. She was overcome with joy that he was going to stay with her, and she never wanted to let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresky woke from the birds chirping, and he yawned and stretched. He decided it would be best to scope out the Laughing Robin before attempting anything, so he climbed out of bed, finding his plainest clothes and slipping them on. He grabbed himself a walking stick and put a brown clock over his clothes, with the hood hiding his face.
After eating breakfast Fresky headed out the door without anyone knowing where he would be off to. He walked down the road and avoided being seen from the Laughing Robin by climbing through the woods. As soon as he could see the Robin's front door, he hid himself under a large bush, completely out of sight from anyone passing by. Laying still, he was bored for a long while, for everything was silent and everyone was inside. Finally he noticed two men, one tall and burly, the other a bit shorter, and much thinner. They seemed to be argueing, but it was very hard to make out exactly what was being said, for it was in feverish, hushed tones, but both seemed to be in some sort of pain, and longing. Fresky held his breath, trying to hear what they were saying.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 09:16
Ooc - That's OK Fro. Now Fro's computer, listen to me. "STOP FRITZING!!" *waves finger threateningly* "Or I'll reprogramme your hard drive with this!" *holds up axe* "Got it?"

Ic - "Today! You said you wouldn't be leaving for another week or so!"
"How was I supposed to know that the Pelannor was in trouble again? And anyway, Thon says we'll have another day or two to tie up loose ends. Quen can finish his sign and we can..."
"Say goodbye." Caramon finished Tanis' sentence and dropped the agressive stance he had unconciously taken up. "I suppose it's better this way." He continued after a long pause, "No lingering, no more time to dwell on our parting, just time for it to happen."
"That's not what you were saying last night." Tanis' voice was mildly accusatory but his bodly language told a different story.
"Last night I lost myself to imagening." Caramon's eyes showed disgust at his behaviour, "That is somethign we are told never to do. Never imagine what the battle will be like or you will not be able to fight it." He dropped his head and reached out to take Tanis' hands in his, "I just need to fight the battle that will take place inside my own head when you leave. I can't imagine how I'd feel or how my life will be. I jsut need to live." He looked up into the eyes of his love, "And you need to do the same. Go back to your wife, take solace in her arms and in the smiles of your children. Forget me and move on."
Tanis' jaw dropped, "Forget you! How could I do that Caramon? You have made me happier than I have been in a very long time. I could never forget you, just as I hope you will not forget me."
"Never caun nin."
"Just trust that one day the hurt will lessen until just the good times remain." So saying the big man leant down and took his lover's lips in a slow, sensuous but above all, loving kiss."

Marakion's eyes widened, "Is there somethign you aren't telling me Denother?"
Thon answered for his brother who was still locked with Fro, "Yes Marakion, I'm afraid we had an ulterior motive to asking for Den to stay here. He is infact engaged to Frodurien there, we all just have to cinvince her Father that a Ranger is capable of holding down a steady relationship."
Marakion shrugged, "Shouldn't be too hard eh Thon? Now, how many women had you tupped at last count? Thirty seven?"
Thon muttered something that may have been 'thirty nine'.
"But that aside," Marakion continued, "Can you imagine the children?"
Thon's eyebrows shot up, "Now there's a thought! They'd be attractive enough, just slightly mixed up."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 11:37
((lol! I think it will behave now, knowing what would be in store…))

Fro broke off hearing the comment about children, and shook her head. “I have thought about that, and you’re right, they would be about four or five feet tall each, I’m guessing, unless they take after one of us. Then again, I have heard of a few marriages similar to ours, mostly from the Took family, mind you. And the boys mostly married Hobbit ladies, and the girls, well mostly other Men.” She giggled and wriggled her body out of Den’s grasp, but once on the floor held his hand. “I don’t know about all of them, but it is sometimes that the girls turn out more like their mother, and vice versa, but that could just be coincidence. Although, I don’t exactly know what kind of people they are considered, I guess it most depend on height, or something or other.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresky’s eyes opened wide and he put a hand over his mouth, in case he accidentally said something. His stomach convulsed, but he was strangely unable to look away from the two men locked in a kiss. He tried to consider why they were doing this, and he stared hard at the smaller ranger, trying to see if he was wrong about him being a man. He soon found Caramon was indeed a male, and he shook his head. He had never seen a male couple before, but he remembered, that once he had heard of one, in a far off corner in Buckland someone had told a story of seeing a couple on one of his many wanderings, but he thought it was a myth. The two broke off and they stood hugging one another. Finally the two went into the Inn once again, and Fresky was once again alone outside.
Everything was still, except one or two passers-by, and Fresky stretched, getting bored as he ran his plan over and over in his head, it must happen before the wedding, but when exactly was his main concern. He had many ideas on how it was to be done. He smiled at the thought that some of the men were to be leaving, how many, he didn’t know exactly, but less is always better, in this case anyway. He shook his head at what he was resorting himself too, and he frowned. He always got exactly what he wanted, and he would have Frodurien. But he had always been a law-abiding Hobbit. He shuddered at the thought of what he was going to do, but it was his last chance. He had to kidnap Frodurien, and he had to before it was too late.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 08:47
Ooc - I can't remember hon, did we decide fishing trip then kidnap or kidnap then fishing trip?

Ic - "Well, so long as they're loved and comfortable with who they are I'm happy." Den took a seat again, "Although I must say, if one brings home a Dwarf then it's likely I'll do a Hamfast." In response to Fro's raised eyebrow he clarified, "It's not that I don't like Dwarves, I've met some lovely Dwarves in my time, it's just I can never tell which gender is which and it's led to some interesting situations when I'm in my cups. I'd just like to know where I stood with prospective in-laws."
"Well, isn't that just how Hamfast feels?" Questioned Sorrel.
"Not quite, he knows full well what gender I am! But now you come to mention it I might see where he's coming from, but it doesn't mean he's right!"
"One?" Thon cocked his head to the side, "You planning on putting Fro through all that bother more than once?"
"Well, I've always fancied at least a boy and a girl. One to dote on and the other to train, while loving the pair of them of course. But I'm happy however it turns out really."

Ooc - This post is going nowhere and I have no ideas just now as to how to make it go somewhere. Sorry Fro.
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email