Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: October 12, 2005 09:33
Menel giggled as Thon led her into the inn, following his lead and ducking where appropriate.
As he inquired about a room for her, thoughts ran through her head, one in particular. Why doesn't he offer to let me share with him? It's not like we have not slept side by side before.
She noticed Den at a table with a group of others, happily chattering amongst themselves.
She felt a lump tightening in her throat. She had said goodbye to all her old companions and gone off on a mission of her own, and had had no company in a long time. Perhaps this was a mistake to stop here.
She touched Thon's sleeve and said softly, "Never mind, Ethoner. I don't think I will be needing the room after all. I think perhaps it is best if I just move on. I'm sorry about just popping back up in your life again so unexpectedly." She swallowed hard and headed for the door.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 10:11
"Menel?" Thon caught her arm, "Menel what is it? You have nothing to apologise for. It's wonderful to see you again, you can't leave now," He grinned, "That would just be unforgivable."
Menel's expression hardened and, although he didn't quite know what he'd done wrond he sensed he had done something very wrong.
"Look, at least let's go somewhere more private so you can harangue me again." Het ook her hand again, firmly but gently, and pulled her to the stairs, "We have any number of guest rooms now that the lads have pulled out, take your pick."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 09:26
Not wanting to cause a scene in front of his new friends, Menel went upstairs with Thon and stopped at a room that had an open door. "I guess this one will do for talking in," she said softly.
She stared at the floor for a long time after the door was closed. She could feel Thon's eyes on her, but she didn't know how to start.
"When..when I told you about the fact that I was wanted for murder in Rohan, and I told you I was innocent, the fact that you believed me was very important to me. It made me want so badly to be able to be comfortable with you again, to be playful and less of a warrior, more feminine again." She swallowed and looked up at him. "But those words you spoke that day, when you humiliated me in front of everyone, still kept ringing in my ears, and inside my head. So when I could no longer stand the sound of it, I had to leave, to prove to myself that I could accomplish something and prove I am a warrior, as well as a female. Walking away from the friends I had made, and walking away from the feelings between us, was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Tracking down Jarris and forcing him to confess to the King of Rohan that he was the one who killed the Rider was easier even than that. But I fear that perhaps by walking away from my companions and being alone for so long in my quest for justice has done something to me. Made me shy again." She shook her head. "I could see you and Den as I rode up, and you two were happy and content before I got here. I don't know what I expected to find if ever I saw you again, but I know I was at least hoping you would be a bit depressed that I was gone. You have moved on with your life, Ethoner. I can't fault you for that. I just have my doubts that there is room for me in it now."
She sank down onto the bed and stared at her hands. "I...I have never felt so alone around a group of people before."
The tears came then, blurring her vision and stopping her voice.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 11:00
Thon sighed, he had never been much good at this kind of thing, it was what had finally driven them apart in the first place.
"Menel." He sat beside her but didn't touch her, "Just because an old friend has returned does not mean that I cannot be content. My feelings for you have not diminished over the year we have been apart, the pain of our parting has lessened though it took a long time to do so, but I still feel the same about you now as that first night we slept curled together in Bregion's cave." He paused and gingerly laid his arm over Menels' shoulders, "What has been forgotten can be re-learnt Menel. You can find who you were during those few, firey weeks. You don't have to be alone."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 09:23
Menel looked at Thon, trying to judge by his expression if he was telling the truth. He appeared sincere, but she was still confused about hy he insisted that she get a room of her own.
"Thon? I'm sorry I left. I am sorry that things went so badly between us. Do you think it would be possible for us to start over again, from the last time we were happy together?" She reached over and took his hand, then thought better of it and let him go. I should wait until he makes the first move. maybe there is someone else that he doesn't want to offend.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 10:04
Thon caught her hand as she made to take it away.
"I'd like that." He smiled warmly at her, "I'm afraid we can't go wandering about the landscape like we used to, I've got a Ranger base to set up here and..." He looked sheepish and ran his hand over the back of his neck awkwardly, "Perhaps it would be an idea if I stayed in the room with Den and Caramon, if we took things a little slower this time. Maybe that was part of our problem, we didn't take the time to find out about each other." He rubbed his thumb over her knuckles, "I'm looking forward to trying though. Are you?"

"Well, that's settled then." Caramon stood from the table, "I'll go and put this up in the square now and we'll see who we get tomorrow morning." Giving a slight bow to Pippin and a cheery wave to Den and Fro the stocky Ranger left whistling jauntily.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 10:18
Menel's heart was doing flipflops. First it soared when he grabbed her hand, and then plummeted when he said he would be staying with his brother and Caramon. It sank lower when he said he wanted to take it slower this time. The last time, they had barely been able to start anything, when they came upon the place where Den was being held prisoner, and things began to fall apart.
She nodded bravely, and said softly, "Whatever you think is best, Ethoner. I don't want to be a bother or anything, and with you being so busy and all, I imagine there isn't much option otherwise."
She looked around the room and said, "Do you think it would be possible to find out how much this room will cost me? I would like to know before I get settled in. She stood and pulled her hand from his, drawing her pack off her back and setting it on a chair. She stretched, pressing her hands against the small of her back, and began pulling things out of the pack.
"Oh, and could you direct me to a place I can stable Celeg? Poor horse has been through all kinds of weaher and been ridden rough and I think he could use a good break." She asked this without looking at him, for fear if she did that she would be tempted to run to his arms and throw herself at him, which he obviously didn't want.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 09:52
Thon sensed that she was shutting him out and it hurt. But then he thought on their tumultuous previous relationship and realised that he couldn't balme her.
"I'll see to Celeg myself." He said quietly, "And I'll send Fro up, she ought to know about prices more than I do."

Downstairs Thon called over his shoulder as he exited towards the stables, "For, could you give Menel a hand in Room 14 please? She wants to know how much itwould cost to stay for a while."

Caramon had just arrived in Hobbiton town square and was casting about for a suitable place to display his advertisment. Soon he spotted the Pub that Den had visited previously and ducked inside, mroe successfully than his friend.
"Good Morning Sir!" A cheery voice greeted him, "What can I do for you?"
Caramon knelt by the bar and smiled at the barmaid, "I was wondering if you would be so kind as to display this somewhere?" He held up the parchment. "I know it has, as Fro would say, something of a scandal about it, but I thought I could find at least some takers."
"And whyever not?" She took the parchment from hsi hand and pinned it up in a prime spot. Sounds like fun, I'm sure some of the lads will at least give it a look in the morning."
"That's all I ask. Thankyou." He respectfully touched his forelock, "I wont take up any more of your time." He carefulyl negotiated the doorway again and wandered slowly back to the Robin.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 03:22
((Sorry, I really must try to post more often, I hate being so busy...))

"Aye, I shall be happy to assist." Fro smiled and gently squeezed Den's hand. "I'll be back in a moment, darling." She hurried up the stairs and almost skipped through the hallway. She always thought female fighters were quite interesting. As soon as she stepped into the room, she felt like something was wrong.

"Menel? It's wonderful to have you here, dear. I hope you find it comfortable. It'll help it not feel so deserted after most of the group heading out this morning. Oh, I don't think I ever properly introduced myself, so sorry. My name is Frodurien, but around here I am mostly called Fro. I really don't mind what you call me as long as it isn't 'Hey You' or 'Halfling' or, heaven sakes, please don't call me 'Clumsy', as you will learn quickly I am a bit clumsy."

She took a deep breath, as she had been talking awfully fast. "I'm so sorry, now that you know everything there is to know about me, now I shall cut to the chase. What can I do for you?" Fro smiled warmly.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 04:19
Menel smiled slightly at the boisterous Fro and said simply, "How much would it cost me to stay here for a while? Ethoner suggested that uhm, I take a room here rather than heading out again on my own. He wants to try to ...mend fences, so to speak." She looked back down at the floor, burning in her eyes signalling the approach of tears. She blinked rapidly several times and then said in much softer tones, "I am not sure if he means it or not."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 08:14
Fro bit her lip, it had taken her a second, but she finally understood what she had meant. "Oh, now don't cry honey, I don't think I've ever seen Thon act like that around anyone else. I'm sure you'll patch things up, hopefully sooner rather than later." Fro gave her a slight hug, and lead her to the bed, tugging at her elbow to get her to sit. "Don't think about that right now, everything will be alright. Let's talk about the room. It really all depends on what you do here, if you help out, then it'll be much cheaper. Let's see, I think Carrey goes by twenty silver a night, and that includes meals. I do hope you plan to stick around for a while." Fro smiled and placed her small hand on Menel's arm. "I'm sure Thon'll come around, just give him some time."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 08:40
Outside in the yard Thon had stabled Celeg and was giving him a quick rub down before he fed all the horses.
"So lad." He addressed the contented animal, "You got any insights into your mistress' mind? Because I could really use some code book to how women work right now." Celeg just gave a rubbery snort and shook his head, "I thought as much." Thon feigned disgust at the animals unhelpfulness.
"One good thing about batting for the other team Cap'n." Caramon poked his head over the stable door. "I know how men think."
Thon grinned ruefully, "Aye, I suppose that could be useful."
Caramon dropped his eyes for a second, took a deep breath and began talking, "I just wanted to thank you Cap'n, for giving me and Tanis one last night together. It took a lot for you to see past what we are to who we are and it was very noble of yourself to do so."
Thon smiled warmly, "You don't need to thank me Caramon. Knowing you you'd likely have sneaked off and had your tryst anyway." Both men chuckled, "I suppose I just have to broaden my horizons quite considerably and who better to start that than a man I've known since I enlisted?"
"I suppose so Cap'n." Caramon straightened up, "You want a hand here?"
"You could feed the others while I finish brushing Celeg."
"Aye Cap'n."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 07:16
*My fault that time, but work and being not so well caught up with me!*

Menel looked at Fro and said, "I will help in anyway I can. I have done a lot of things in my life, I'm sure I can think of something I could do to help out." Then she pressed her lips together and said, "How can you go slower than being at a virtual standstill? What does that man expect of me, miracles?" She started tearing up again, and again she blinked back the tears. She would not have the little hobbit going to tell Thon that she was crying over him. No, that would not do at all. She rose and pulled twenty silver out of her bag and handed them to Fro. "This is for today, and then tomorrow maybe we can figue out how I will be useful around here for a spell. Right now, I just want the chance to unwind from my travels and perhaps get cleaned up." She smiled and squelched an urge to hug Fro. She was so sweet, and Menel found herself liking her charm and heart.
She started unpacking her bag, and then asked, "What time are meals served here?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 04:31
"Well, in about twenty minutes we will all have lunch, and then dinner is always at six. Breakfast is is at seven, and the bath is down the stairs to the right. If you'd like I can get that ready for you. Now, I'll help you unpack, unless you want to be alone for a while." Fro smiled up at Menel and went to open the closet doors, on her way she stopped and opened the window curtains wider. "Sunlight always cheers me up, how about you?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 08:55
"I think it will take more than sunlight to cheer me, but thank you for the effort." Menel looked around and said, "I think a full-on bath can wait until after lunch, but if I could get some water in the washbasin to do a little cleanup , that would be great." She stifled a yawn and said, "Wow. I didn't realize I was quite so tired. I think I will have a nap after lunch. I'm sure Ethoner has plenty to do without my hanging around." She started to open her pack, and then said, "So, what is it with you and Den? I saw the two of you downstairs looking very happy with one another. I'm pleased. Den is a wonderful young man." She pulled open a drawer and began setting her clothes inside it.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 03:43
Fro sighed happily and finished tying the curtains. "He is wonderful, isn't he?" She smiled and looked out the window to the back yard and waved at Caramon who was headed towards the Inn. "Me and Den are, well, we're engaged." Fro turned in time to see Menel stop short and drop one of her cloaks.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 03:08
"Engaged? Really?" Menel hurriedly picked up her cloak and refolded it, slipping it into a drawer. "That is marvelous. I'm sure the two of you will have a wonderful marriage, full of immeasurable happiness." She turned back around and gathered a few small items out of the bottom of her knapsack. Then she dropped them into the drawer and proceeded to empty both of her saddlebags into the drawer as well, trying to keep herself occupied so she would not have to look at Fro and explain her shock.
She took a pile of tunics and a pile of leggings and set each of them in the drawer and closed it. Then she asked softly, again without looking at the halfling, "So where would I go about finding water so I can do a little cleaning up?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 04:17
Fro noticed Menel rushing around and avoiding her and she didn't like it. Something was wrong, and she knew it. "Menel." She said quietly, but she did not look up. "There is a well close to the river. Please, Menel, tell me whats wrong. Is it something about me... and Den?"

Fro sat at Menel's desk and rested her head on her hand. She knew many who live in Hobbiton would be angry about this marriage, but she could not picture Den's friends. She sighed, a little too loudly, but it came from within her. Was her whole life to be this way? She looked towards Menel, who was looking out the window. "Menel?" She said quietly, she wanted to know why she was acting this way.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 01:58
Ooc - Just making my presence felt Fro! I'll be away for a little longer, performing just takes up so much time.
Also, Iell will be away for a bit as she had surgery the other day and it will be a while before she can sit up for long periods of time.
We are around honey, don't forget us!!! lol
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:25
*OOC:I am back!*
Menel stopped looking out the window, where she was desperately searching for a sign of Ethoner, and started to turn toward Fro. She hesitated and said softly, "It just came as a surprise to me, is all." She too sighed heavily and commented,"It is just that I once entertained thoughts of getting married myself. As time went on, I started to give up that dream. Then i met Ethoner, and fell hard for him. I thought that one day, he and I might share the joy of a life together. Then I screwed up one day and he stopped thinking of me as a warrior, and started thinking of me as a object. We finished the mission we were on, we talked about some things, argued about some others, and I told him a secret I had been keeping from him. Then I set out on my own to change that secret." She paused and began fiddling with the laces on her tunic. Then she said, "Now I find him again, after a year, and find that although I still love him, he doesn't want me anymore. He wants to 'take things slow.' Well, considering there was barely anything that had happened between us before, if we take things any slower, we will be going backwards." She looked at fro, tears in her eyes. "It just hurts, knowing that I screwed things up permanently between Ethoner and myself and that whatever he may have felt before has died. It has nothing to do with you or den. It has to do with the fact that I know I should have stayed away, but had to prove to myself that I really am not wanted in his life. I nearly killed my horse getting here, and now I am stuck for the next few days, at least, as I will not leave Celeg here and set off for somewhere without him." She turned away again and said, "Now that you know the whole sordid past between Ethoner and myself, I suppose I should go get cleaned up." She picked up the washboel pitcher , and then said to fro, "I am happy for you and Den. I hope you two are happy together for a very long time." Then she exited her room and went down to fetch the water to wash herself up for lunch.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2005 06:21
"Menel!" Fro called after her, as she had sat down on the bed for almost a minute, letting the things Menel told her sink in. Fro ran down the hall and took the stairs three at a time, almost falling into Caramon who had gotten up to see what all the racket was. Fro nodded to him and ran out the door, catching Menel who was just stepping away from the back porch. "Menel.." Fro began to catch her breath as she walked quickly to keep up with the elf. "It is not the end of the two of you, Menel, he has something in his heart, something that you stir in him when you are around. Something is there that i hadn't seen before, and believe me, I know. Give him a chance, it seems as though something horrible went wrong, so give him the chance to get over it. Don't give up, and don't leave here unless I am completely satisfied that you have tried everything and nothing has worked. And Menel, that will take a long while."

Menel continued to walk toward the well, and Fro followed her, not saying anything, just letting her some time to think, but not letting her escape from her sight, as she could go away for a while, and that would not be very helpful at all. Thon had gone into the Inn, so they were alone outside.

[Edited on 22/11/2005 by Frodurien]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 02:49
OOC:Fro, have I told you I love you yet? You are just what Menel needs, someone other than Thon who can boost her spirits!

Menel sighed at what Fro had to say. This little hobbit was persistant, that much was for sure.
Menel finally turned and looked at her. "You planning on following me everywhere for the next few days? I told you, I have no intention of going anywhere for several days, and I certainly don't need someone peering over my shoulder every moment," she snapped at her, and then she immediately felt bad about it. "I'm sorry, Fro. I didn't mean that at all. I am just...I don't know, bitter, I guess. I don't see what you say you have seen in Ethoner. I just hear his words echoing in my head and feel the same way I did when he said what he did a year ago, the comment he made that told me he had started thinking of me as a toy."
Menel sank to the ground next to the well and said, "I guess since i told you everything else, I should tell you what I am talking about. We were in a predicament, and there were Haradhrim that had thon. In order to help him escape, I stripped down to practically nothng and acted as a distraction. He acted quite pleased with how well it worked, and things were fine. Then a short time later, he commented that he was getting tired of waiting for a semi-companion of ours to provide a distraction so we could rescue Den, and when I made a comment about how I could offer a distraction, meaning with my bow, he..." she blinked back tears"...he said an undone shirt wasn't going to work that time." The tears began to fall and she did nothing to stop them. "He had completely forgotten my abilities as a warrior, and thought only of my using my body. That was when I knew his feelings had changed for me." She sighed heavily again and got up, grabbing her water and heading back to the inn, not bothering to dry the tears that still trickled down her cheeks. "That's why, I am sorry to say, I don't believe you when you say I stir something in his heart. I was well on my way back then to being nothing yto him, and after I left, to take care of personal business, and he went his own way, the tiny spark that might have still smoldered there died. I should never have come here and bothered him again. I saw him as I was coming up the road. he was perfectly content without me in his life. So as soon as I give Celeg enough time to rest, I will be leaving him alone, and I will never invade his life again." She entered the inn, and purposely turned away from Ethoner when she spotted him as she headed to the stairs.
Menel went up to her room, letting the door close behind her. She stripped down and washed, then changed her clothes and went to the door, to head downstairs for lunch.

[Edited on 28/11/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 04:41
"Ethoner!" Den called out to his brother as he came back in, "Come here, sit down and talk to me."
"Oh yes?" Thon pulled out a chair and flopped down, "And what would this be about brother mine?"
"Menel." Den said shortly, "I know there was tension between you two when you rescued me but what is so bad that it carries over for a whole year?"
"Me. I was a prize pillock before we went in and never really got a chance to unbend my pride enough to explain in the confusion after."
Den shook his head, "Why am I not surprised? What did you say this time?"
Thon grimaced, "Believe me, this one's bad. I'd been in a sticky situation that Menel had gotten me out of by opening her shirt and distracting the guards in the Haradrim camp so that I could scarper. All was good. Then we get to the fortress and we're fed up of waiting for Holodrum to appear as a distraction and Menel offers to provide one instead." He slumped back in his chair, "That was all she said, not what type of distraction or anything. So, jokingly really, I said 'an undone shirt isn't going to do it this time Menel' or words to that effect." Den sucked in a breath and shot his brother a look of pity, but no sympathy, "Exactly. She took it exactly as it sounded, a chauvinistic comment seeing her as an object rather than the beautiful woman and great warrior she is and began to give me the silent treatment. Only speaking to me when she had to as her leader and, giving the situation and demands on my time and hers, leaving me with no oppourtunity to try and make amends. The whole rescue thing went off alright but what could have happened between us was in tatters and she obviously isn't ready to think that I'm sorry." He sighed. "And I could just be jumping her, proving physically to her how I feel but then we'd get into this situation again as I say something stupid than cuts her deep without meaning to."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 05:02
...And I could just be jumping her, proving physically to her how I feel but then we'd get into this situation again as I say something stupid than cuts her deep without meaning to."

Menel caught the last part of Thon's words as she came out of her room and began heading downstairs. She paused, debating with or not to respond, and decided against it. She didn't want Ethoner to think she was eavesdropping.
She finished coming down the stairs, a far different looking Elleth than she had been before.
Her long dark hair was loose instead of braided, and it hung in soft curls and waves around her face and down her back. She was wearing a soft, gauzy dress of a kelly green color, loose and flowing for the most part, although the bodice and waist were cinched in tight so they emphasized her outstanding figure.
It had been a long time since she had worn a dress of any kind, so she was a bit nervous about appearing in public in it, but she swept down the stairs and right past Thon and Den, not even glancing the brothers' way. She seated herself at an empty table across the room and busied herself with looking everywhere but at the tall Ranger who had broken heart. She didn't know what to think about what he said. Perhaps it wasn't even about her, but some other female he desired now.
Menel sighed heavily and began thinking about the trip home.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 11:06
Den smiled appreciatively as Menel passed, he could see that Thon would be more of a dope than usual if he let her pass him by.
"Well?"
"Well what?" Thon shot him a look of confusion.
"Well what are you waiting for? She's alone and you're here. Ask her for a drink or something. Talk to her!"
"But...."
"No but's! Shoo!" Den nudged his older brother out of his chair and swung his feet up onto the vacated seat to prevent retreat.
"Evil child!" but Thon went all the same, if he was about to start swallowing his prode he might as well get started.
"Uumm... Menel..?" She raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing, "I was wondering if you'd join me for a drink tonight?" How had he managed to say that without babbling? "I mean, a year has gone by and I'm sure you've got more stories than you've told me."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 11:20
Menel was surprised when Thon approached her, but rather than him apologizing, he merely asked her if she would join him for a drink that evening.
"Certainly, Ethoner. It would be a pleasure to join you for a drink, although most of my stories are boring and wouldn't interest you anyway. None of them involve animal lust."
She thought she saw a hurt expression cross his face but she didn't care. He had hurt her, so it was only fair. Besides, he didn't seem to care what she thought anyway.
"So, I understand Den is going to marry Fro. That's wonderful." Her voice cracked and her chin trembled. SHe smiled tightly and said, "Excuse me a minute." Menel brushed past Ethoner and went outside, walking to a small clump of trees and leaning on them, she began to sob.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 11:38
Thon gaped as she pushed past him and shrugged at Den in a decidedly *What now?* manner. Den just pointed firmly out of the door.
Thon squared his shoulders as if he were about to go into battle and followed Menel.
Outside he approached her slowly, twisting the hem of his shirt nervously, and stopped a few feet from her.
He softly cleared his throat before he began speaking.
"I know you must hate me Menel. There is no excuse for how I behaved. I should have apologised there and then, not now, and even then it should hsve been the first thing I said to you. I'm sorry Menel. I treated you like an object and let my stupid pride get in the way of apologising." He paused and sighed uncomfortably, "If you still think that you'd be better off away from me then I guess this is goodbye. But if you still truly want to give it a go, to see what we can build, then I'm here and always will be." He fell silent and waited for whatever response she might give.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 07:35
Her tears came harder at hearing his words. "I don-don't hay-hate you, Ethoner. Tha-That's the prob-problem." She turned to him and burst into fresh tears as she said softly,"I l-love you. That is w-why I am cry-crying." She gathered her skirt around her and sat down on a log nearby, fighting to regain control of herself. When she finally managed to, she wiped her face with her hands and said, "Please come sit with me, Thon."
Once he was seated next to her, she looked at him and said, "I have loved you for a long time. I was sure that you were going to turn me over to King Eomer as soon as you discovered I was wanted for murder in Rohan, but you listened and you believed me. That was when I realized I was in love with you. I am sorry I insisted that I go alone, when I left, but I know if word reached him before we got there that I was travelling with a ranger, he would flee and I would not be able to catch him. Every moment I was gone from your side, I was thinking about you, loving you, aching to be with you." She took a shuddering breath. "When I saw you as I came down the road, and you looked so happy and content with your life, and you didn't seem happy to see me, I figured that you had moved on because you didn't care about me, and that you still thought I was just a plaything for you. I'm sorry if I was wrong to assume that that was how you felt. But I need to know, right now, how you feel about me, honestly, and whether or not you want to truly try to make things work between us. I want to, Ethoner, but if you don't, or you have doubts about us being able to make a go of it, then you have to tell me, because I will leave under those circumstances. After all, it will do me no good to pine away for you if you don't feel anything real for me."
She looked away from him at that point, unable to continue staring into his eyes, twisting her skirt in her fingers nervously.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 02:22
Thon sighed as he gathered his thoughts and rested one of his hands on hers to still them. He'd been more than a little shocked at her revelation of love for him but he had never been one to admit to such deep emotions, he doubted his family had ever really heard the words from his lips.
"Menel I...I can't say the words, i guess I'm afraid to. Everyone I've ever said them to has gone away somehow. And, now I've got you back I don't want you to leave again, or get taken away. I think... no, I know we have something. Something that will take work and I bet we'll still row with the best of them but that doesn't matter, because we'll be together." He gave a wry laugh, "Listen to me, whittering on and saying nothing. I do truly want to make things work and I have feelings for you so strong they scare me sometimes." He paused and slipped from the log to kneel infront of her, "So. Will you stay?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 07:22
"Listen to me, whittering on and saying nothing. I do truly want to make things work and I have feelings for you so strong they scare me sometimes." He paused and slipped from the log to kneel infront of her, "So. Will you stay?"

Menel began to tear up again, but this time they were tears of joy. he may not have said he loved her outright, but his words had told her what she had longed to hear since they had first met. His feelings ran deeper than a mere toy or a friend.
"Yes, Thon, if you really mean it, i will stay." She put her arms around his neck and hugged him, and then pulled back suddenly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...I mean...I am sorry if that bothered you at all." She still wasn't sure if Thon wanted her to be in physical contact with him or not, so she bit her lip and waited to see if he was going to grow angry with her.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 12:08
Thon just smiled and leaned into her, slipping his arms around her back and pulling her close. Tenderly, almost chastely he kissed her, trying to convey through his touch how he felt about her. He had seen enough over the past year to make him re-evaluate some of his thoughts on life, and one of them was that love was not truly important. Now he knew what it could do for people and he didn't want to lose the chance he had to have that. For, although he couldn't say the words he truly did love menel and wanted her to be in no doubt of the fact.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 06:38
Menel relaxed in his embrace, feeling the warmth of his kiss as it spread through her, and the feeling she had had back a year before in the confines of a small dark cave came rushing back. The feeling that this was meant to be, their fates entwined, much like they were right now. But now that she knew he wanted her to stay, to try to make things work, there was one more important question she had to ask him.
Menel pulled her head back and said, "Thon, this might seem a silly moment to ask this, but are you the least bit hungry?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 10:02
Thon's grin took on a feral quality and he raised an eyebrow suggestively. "I may be, but food sounds like a better idea right now!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 10:10
"Then its a good thing that I was speaking of food, Ethoner." Her eyes twinkled at him. "Then I think after lunch, an actual bath might be nice." She began pulling him toward the inn. "And maybe a nap." They entered the inn and moved hand in hand to a table.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 10:23
Thon chuckled and allowed himself to be led, sharing a glance with Den as they passed.
"Stone me!" the younger man sniggered a little as the couple sat down, "The big lummox actually strung a proper sentence togather int he presence of a female."
Caramon just laughed up his sleeve and silently congratulated his Captian while reolutely fighting off the pangs of loneliness that assailed him.

thon had been thinking a little as they waited for Fro and Carrey to bring out lunch.
"So Menel, I was wondering. While 'Half the Garden Soup' will undoubtedly be wonderful, what would you have if it could be anything in the world?" She gave him a look of surprise, "What? I can be whistful and spontaneous can't I?"
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email