Register

Author Topic:
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Price of Freedom
on: October 04, 2004 06:09
((Come on people!))

Curtis rose to his feet at the sound of the strangers voice and reach once again for his non existent sword. drat! He clenched his fists. better than nothing.
"Excuse me, sirs and ladys. I was wondering if you knew the way out of this forest? I think I maybe slightly lost..."
The man did not seem particularly hostile but Curtis had never been quick to trust people.

((I promise to quit with the sword thing already. I had no idea when I had him loose it how awkward it is to write this sort of scene with out one. ))
SmallestPerson
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 07:18
((I'm here! But our computer has been, um...well, out of comission for a week or so *curses hotly under breath* I shall try to post as often as I can! I love this RP!))

Lilith stood up slowly behind Curtis. Looking at the newcomer, she almost wanted to smile. It just seemed rather comical to her how he just appeared out of nowhere with that cheerful look upon his face as if being lost in the woods and stummbling upon a group of strangers (one of them unconscious) was an everyday happening.
This thought caused her to totally drop her guard, and she stepped up to the man.
"I am sorry you are lost, good sir, but I am not sure we can help you. We do not know much about this forest ourselves. In fact," she continued without thinking. "One of our companions is lost. Her name is Finn, and we are not sure where she went..." Lilith broke off, remembering herself and cast a questioning (and somewhat embarrassed) look at Curtis.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 04:50
Finn hid behind the bushes and tried to get nearer to "the source of noise". Which was harder than she thought. The wet earth muddied her clothing and fallen leaves scattered on the ground, threatening to rustle as she crawled past. despite this, the air had a comforting scent of the rich earth and dampened leaves, and the sky was clearing now.

The maiden before him looked back at the group, before turning back to fix her gaze on him, questioning...
"A lost companion, eh? Well all I know is that I don`t think I`ve seen anyone else these few days..." the stranger said, and paused. "Apart from the group of uniformed men that I met about...two days ago? I don`t know what they were doing in the forest, talked of escapees..."
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 10:06
Curtis exchanged worried glances with the other runaways. This man could be a great help or their undoing, there was not way of telling. Curtis was not a naturally trusting man.
"How far behind are they?" He asked urgently.

((alright, any time now! Where is every one?))
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 10:14
((hm.... I`m here, if thats anything. But I don`t know about the others....))
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 12:01
((OOC I know that SmallestPerson is around but has frequent computer problems. Maybe we should PM them and see what's up.))
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2004 05:32
((I'm here too...For now. I don't have time to post right now, but I promise I'll post soon)
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 03:52
((Ok, I better post now before people start thinking that this is a OCC thread ))

Finn gathered her courage and peered through the bushes to seek what she had followed all this way, and was surprised when nothing came into view. She changed her position and looked again, but could still see nothing apart from the area which had been cleared of trees for some reason, the only thing that was certain was that there was no one there.
She sat thinking for a while considering whether she was glad there was no one there or disappointed, then she considered how to get back without getting more disoriented than she already was...if that was possible.
Deciding that an attempt to get back to her friends was better than sitting there feeling sorry for herself, she stood up slowly and looked back at the way she had come from. The bushes and trees all looked the same, and the mud wasn`t wet enough to leave a clear trail of footprints. Sighing for the countless time, and relying on her memory and sense of direction, Finn stepped away from the bushes and made her way towards the trees.
However she froze as soon as she did so on hearing a noise from behind. A rustle in the leaves. It wasn`t very loud, but even a noise like that, on an almost windless day... Then came another noise that convinced Finn of human presence- something, an object, being dropped to the ground.
Finn could feel the blood rushing from her face, and slowly got down to the ground before she was seen.

Big trouble...

The stranger heard an urgence in the man`s voice, and saw the glances between the group that suggested something was not right.
"Well...I met them two days ago, and I have moved on since then, as I`m sure they have. But I should think they won`t be too near to here." He paused, before he questioned back with a note of suspition in his voice. "Why do I think that you seem so worried?"
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2004 08:12
((Come on, some one has to post!))

Curtis took a deep breath and took the chance, hoping that he would not regret it, "We are the escaped people the soldiers are looking for. If they catch us, we will be killed or at least dragged back to the slavery we are trying to escape from." He turned to his companions, "We are not in great danger yet but they are too close for comfort. We can't stay here." He held the strangers eyes for a moment. "We must find our friend but we don't have time to search long. Will you help us?"
SmallestPerson
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 06:37
((Millie to the rescue! (kind of...) ))

Lilith's heart began to beat faster. She knew they all shared her uneasiness. The man could be help to them...or he could be the complete opposite. They had no way of telling.
Suddenly Dwyn began to murmur and stretch her arms. Lilith quickly knelt down beside her and spoke softly to the woman as she returned to consciousness.
"Curtis is right...we must go", said Lilith.
Elathi lifted the, still weak, Dwyn into his arms.
The companions all turned to each other, as if still unsure, every so often glancing at the stranger.
“Well…” said Lilith. “Which way are we going? And are you coming with us, mister…mister…what is your name, sir?”

((Well…I had to do something! ))
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 10:38
(( Yay! Thanks . Right...for the rest of the gang.... saying that- I can`t post right now, but I will verrry soon ))
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 11:13
The stranger looked uncomfortable. He hesitated a moment before speaking. "My name is Nenion". He watched the people before him for any reaction. No one stirred, nor was there any change to them so Nenion relaxed once again. "And yes." He paused, then "By that I mean yes I would like to come..if you do not mind" and smiled. He watched amused as some of the members exchanged yet another round of unsure looks.
"Looking for a lost maiden, you say? Well I am pretty certain that she was not in that direction" he offered, pointing behind him. "I met no one, or as a matter of fact, nothing, since the guards. Which was a few days ago..."

((Ok, I`m sorry about the loong delay of post..I was quite busy for the past weeks... ))
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 03:02
((hey no problem. I just got done being busy so this was perfect timing. now if we can get every one else back....))

Curtis stared hard at Nenion as if trying to remember something. then he shook his head and gave up. 'Well you seem eager to help. We can't wait around any longer so It looks as if we have only two choices. We can trust you or we can kill you. I don't particularly enjoy killing people and you have given us no particular reason to distrust you so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. We could use some help anyway." He looked around once more at his tattered companions. Their faces streaked with sweat and grim, and some blood here and there. Their clothes torn to shreds and mud spattered. They needed to get out of the forest and somewhere safe where they could rest. "Lets get out there and find Fin."
They worked their way out of the hollow in a long line, combing the forest. Each keeping one other traveler in sight on each side. They had decided to risk some noise and called out for their lost companion at regular intervals. Curtis was at one far end of the line and kept Nenion on the edge of his eyesight. The new comer was strangely familiar, or maybe it was just the name. Where had he heard that name before?
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 12:01
((Yay! thanks Karendil :hug:- I thought this RP had died ( ). Hopefully we can try to get it going a bit again..))

Nenion thanked the others and followed them, calling out "Finn!" every few moments or so. He noticed the suspicious look from the corners of people`s eyes, but he was used to all this and knew how to act as if he hadn`t seen. It came natural to him now, having practiced it all his life.
Without any notice, a branch tripped him sending him head first into a bush. Blushing, he tried to sit up, scrabbling to grab hold of something. He could almost imagine the group behind him giggling..although no noise came to his ears, for he saw something that caught his interest. It was quite recenty made, and was in the mud. Reaching out he got rid of it before anyone else had a chance to reach him. "Are you allright?"came a voice.. which he couldn`t quite identify- he was still too new to the group to be able to do that.
"Yes," he said "but can someone lend me a hand..please?" He turned over, waving a hand in the air while he quickly wiped his other hand on his clothing.
After being heaved up, he brushed leaves off his garments, thanking the person who had helped him. "So...I`m sorry about..my clumbsiness..but shall we proceed?"
SmallestPerson
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 09:18
((Ummmm....where is everybody else? Are we the only ones left? *sniff* Come on people!))

Lilith helped the stranger to his feet.

"So...I`m sorry about..my clumbsiness..but shall we proceed?"

They all nodded and continued through the woods.
Lilith moved over towards Curtis and walked with him a while. Finally she whispered, "what do you think of him, Curtis?"
Curtis shook his head. "I don't know what to think...I wish I had my sword. Nenion...did that name sound familiar to you, Lilith?"
Lilith frowned. "Somehow it does, but I don't know why. Was that the name of someone at the palace? I don't remember. Anyway, he acted rather strangely back there. I think he knows more about Finn than he is telling us. I'm afraid for her, Curtis."
Curtis nodded again and they both turned their attention back to the search keeping a wary eye on the mysterious newcomer.

((Wow! That really moved us along... :rolleyes: ))
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 11:22
(( Yay! :hug: ))

Finn felt like she was trapped. Nothing prevented her from leaving but the thought of getting lost even more, if that was possible, in the deep woods. Also the noise that she had heard was worrying too... She assumed it to be a person, but nothing else had happened since then, and Finn was left to sit on the damp leaves until she came to a conclusion that the source of the noise had left, and straightened herself slowly.
A clearing came into view, and a lump of something that was apperently once alive. The red liquid of life still seeping out around it onto the ground, turning black as it did so. Finn winced, as her eyes met an unseeing eye of the dead creature. She looked away from it`s dead gaze and inspected the thing, still keeping her distance as if afraid that it will suddenly attack her.

Finn scanned the creature`s body, it was winged.. Some weapon had struck the thing in the eye- which was the reason behind it`s death. A pained expression came across her face as something came to mind, and disappeared again as quickly as it had come. She held her face in her hands for a second trying to figure what it was that had come to mind.. Something about the creature...

Was the creature familiar in some way? Was it possible that she had seen in before?

She desperately thought back about the journey she had made so far. Finn had a splitting headache now, but there was something that she had forgotten, and she was sure it had a like with the time before they had found the cave.

...A knife?

Her heart seemed to be beating louder now, she could hear it in her ears. The waves of the pain in her head was getting shorter. Her face felt like it was burning. Finn reached towards something to steady herself, something was not right. "Help..." Her own voice sounded, it was distant and weak, her head throbbing with pain yet again.

Finn`s hand swayed and missed the tree leaving her to collapse onto the ground.

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 08:50
((HERE I AM!!! Ok...Firstly, an abriged version of my "official regards:" I'm terribly sorry that I haven't posted in AGES, I've just been SO busy with school and other I haven't had time! ANd I will try in earnest to post more, but I can't promise anything. If I'm ever gone for a long time, or if the RP is really looking dead, please, PM me to yell at me for being lazy and not posting, it'll motivate me to come post. Now...Is anyone else here? Well, never mind that, I'll post what I can for now?))

Mette was nervous, to say the least. The forest alone put her on a constant edge, but after the appearance of the Thing, she'd been even jumpier than usual. She didn't like this business of Finn being missing or the mysterious stranger in the slightest, either. She had felt a certain warmness towards Finn, and felt the deepest pity towards her, to be lost and all alone in the strange forest. But all the same, she tried to believe that the company would find her. Her older brother, whom she loved more than anythign in the world, had always saved her when she was in trouble. Mette was unable to see how he could fail this time.

Durant took Mette gently by the hand. Her slender hand was stone cold. Trying not too worry too much, he beant down and hugged his sister, rubbing her hands to warm them.
"Mette," he said, seriously but softly, "Did you see anything else? This is important. We must find Finn quickly so we can move on."
The girl shook her head timidly and tried to smile.
"Ok, I trust you." Durant added. Still holding her by the hand, he straightened up and began to follow the others, in search of Finn. He had walked only a few steps when he heard a small voice below him. "We'll find her...I know it." Durant smiled unsurely at Mette...He wished he could reassure her, but he was not sure himself. Yet the little girl's unconditional confidence gave him new strength, and he jogged up to meet the others.

((Wow...Dynamic action post of the century! Heh. Still, better than nothing, eh?))
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 11:05
((welcome back Di ))

Nenion watched from the corner of his eye as one of the men talked to the young girl. The girl looked constantly frightened, although he could not blame her- for she was only yet a child. Although being young, Nenion could tell that even she did not seem to trust him, no one here did- as no one before did either, save a few people..

Nenion turned around, and waited for the man and the child to catch up. "Hi," he said to them as they came only about a yard away "what are your names?...and also could you kindly tell me the names of the others as well...I`m having difficulty thinking of what to call them, if you get what i mean" Smiling, he offered a hand to shake.
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 04:54
((Thanks! Time to get this show on the road!!!))

"Hi,"
said the stranger, "What are your names...? And also could you tell me the names of the others..."
After very quickly weighing things out, Durant decided to trust the stranger. Awkwardly, he stuck his hand out towards the stranger's "My name is Durant," he began, "and this is my sister, Mette."
The girl his behind his legs.
"As for the others...There's Dwyn," he gestured at the tall, dark haried maiden ahead of them, "that's Curtis," pointing out the rugged knight, "and Lilith, the other maid," Durant pointed to her as well, "and there's Elathi, the hunter that has joined us," he nodded at the cloaked figure, "And then there's Finn...The one for whom we search"
"Thankyou," Nenion replied, "I shall try to keep it all straight."

Durant paused to look around and examine his surroundings. He hadn't the best sense of direction, but was very good at noticing details in his surroundings. This place struck him as strangely familiar. It brought back memories of the beast they had fought earlier that day. But it couldn't be, he was sure they had not gone in that direction. Still uneasy, Durant shrugged off the feeling and kept examining the groud for foot prints.

Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 09:43
(( ))

Nenion smiled and thanked the man who had introduced himself as Durant. A sudden gust of wind shook the branches above, making leaves fall like snow. Nenion gazed up at the tree tops, then the clearing sky which could be seen from the gaps in the leaves. He frowned slightly as if he remembered something unpleasant, then rejoined the others again in search of Finn.

He watched Durant closely, for he wore a puzzled expression on his face. Nenion strode up behind the man, and tapped his shoulder lightly. Durant spun around immediately, as if taken by surprise, and saw Nenion standing there, equally surprised at the man's reaction. "Urm.... Are you allright? You looked...puzzled..?" Nenion said hesitantly, having still not recovered from Durant's reaction.

Nenion was about to say something else when he noticed something. His eyes darted around as if to check where everyone was, and his arms seemed to tense for a split second, then relaxed again. It was very quick, and no one could have possibly seen it apart from, perhaps, Durant who stood right before him...
Karendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 10:45
((*breaks into song* "Wonder of wonders! Miracle of miracles!" okay I am done now. IT LIVES! I will be back to really post soon I promise.))
SmallestPerson
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 12:41
((YAAAAAAAAAAAY! You are my hero, Di! It liiiives! I shall post ASAP))
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 03:18
((Please don't die. {puppy dog eyes} I'm here now, and can post regularly. But, I sorta wanted to give someone else a chance....Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email