Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty RPG ~ OoC Discussion
on: June 22, 2004 04:23
:wave: Elfstan is looking forward to the live RP again on Sunday. This has been such fun. I'm also looking forward to the mega post. I can't believe that we wrote that much in such a short period of time.

:blush: I admit, my brain is like a sieve sometimes, but would it be possible to post the character's name with the name of their "parent/creator"? That would help me a lot with keeping people/characters straight. I've got part of who belongs to whom but not all. Thanks.

Namárië

[Edited on 23/6/2004 by scots56]
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 04:34
Your wish is my command:

Balrog ~ Janell ~ Elf/Dúnedain (gender currently unknown)

Bellemaine ~ Belle ~ Female Istar
(She will post before Sunday to introduce her character)

Brandywine ~ Gabby Harfoot ~ Male Hobbit

Lothien_Vilya ~ Siladan ~ Female Elf/Human

NenyaGold ~ Goldie ~ Elf/Dúnedain & Bruinen her Wolf

Rosearialelven ~ Kain ~ Male Dwarf

Scots56 ~ Elfstan Fairbairn ~ Male Hobbit

Shireling ~ Tanzywood Furfoot ~ Female Hobbit
(she and I will meet on Friday to Live RP a post to introduce her character who missed the meeting)

If I've missed anyone or don't have these correct, please let me know.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 04:37
Thank you, thank you. My brain won't have to fry anymore.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 03:45
You are most welcome, scots56! We don't want any brain frying here.

Hay Everyone!!! In case you haven't seen it, the Mega Live RP post is up!!! Just a humble personal opinion, but I think it is AWESOME!!! :love:

This means that you are now welcome to post either individual or Live RP with others of your characters meandering about the White City, buying horses, obtaining supplies, drinking, carousing, whatever your heart desires! Be sure to post before Sunday at 10:00 am Pacific time when we shall meet again.

In the meantime, I have a few things for you to think about for the Sunday Live RP:

Will it be the same day, dinner that night to get to know each other better, the next day breakfast, a few days from then? What do you want to have Sunday's post all about?

Please post any and all of your ideas here so we can all think about them.

:feedback:

[Edited on 6/24/2004 by NenyaGold]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 06:17
My roomy and I had such fun that we will be live RPing from now on. :disco: :heart: :cheers: :hug:

I will be there but roomy has to work. I'm on my own.:cry:
Read the DB on Belle and Tanzy and they sound great. I was hoping to have an Istari in the clan to travel with us.

We could finish the night at dinner. I did some research on the dates and found out that by the time that we start out on our journey it will be July 25. The funeral prosession starts out on July 19. Are we going to be that far behind them? I know that we have a DM. I was just checking dates.

[Edited on 24/6/2004 by balrog]
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 12:05
Hi everyone.

Just to let you know, Kain and Bellemaine are doing a joint live RP and are in the Inn talking. We are going to go and buy some supplies. Please ignore us for the moment. You can all introduce yourselves to Bellemaine on Sunday, when I assume Goldie will welcome Belle into the company.

Thanks.

And finishing with dinner in the evening suits a dwarf very well, thank you.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 06:31
I just want to say that I think all of your posts are wonderful!!! :hug:

Shireling and I will be working on ours this afternoon and I should be able to post it shortly there after.

Dinner at the Inn sounds good to me for Sunday. You might consider what the discussions around the table will be, and then again, you might want to wait and see what your character will talk about. I'm always surprised by what my characters come up with!

I am REALLY enjoying this RP!!! :heart:
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 10:36
The DATE MASTER is confused. What was the DATE of our First meeting at Adventure Inn? We debated over what day was Mid-Years Day. From that we needed to determine the date of our meeting (last) and that would dictate the time/date of our departure from Minas Tirith.

My mind says our meeting was between July 6 and July 12.

A decision of the Date Must be made before sunday - to make me happy! :banghead: This will assit both myself and the others who have a habit of Journal keeping or who want to go home and write a book like "There and Back Again!"
:rolling: When we pick the date, I will tell you our meeting was actually on Sunday. If we follow the placement of days in 2004 Earth years that would be July 12.

:feedback:

Lothien/Siladan
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 07:12
Date Master ~ I checked our conversation from Sunday and this is what I've found:

You said MSN said June 26th is mid-year's day for 2004... That doesn't make sense to me because if there are 366 days in this year (Leap Year), and half of 366 is 183, then mid-year is July 1... Of course, my calculations could be off (I never liked math...)

J ~ 31
F ~ 29
M ~ 31
A ~ 30
M ~ 31
J ~ 30
Ttl 182

So the 183rd day is July 1 ~ mid-year day.

Now, I see a flaw in one of my dates in my first post... Elessar's coronation was May 1st but he didn't marry Arwen until mid-year day (not mid-summer day), which in RotK is July 1. (It was in the movie that they were on the same day...)

In any event, our story cannot begin until after the wedding, since we all attended the coronation and wedding and Goldie didn't talk to Gandalf until a few days after the wedding. Let's say that was July 4th. And the first meeting at the Inn, according to my first post, was a week later, which would be July 11th.

Théoden's funeral procession doesn't leave Minas Tirith until July 19th which is yet another week after our initial meeting, and they arrive in Edoras on August 10th.

Now, if we don't want to hang around The White City that long, I can delay the date of my initial request to Gandalf by a week which will give us plenty of time to get to Edoras before the funeral.

And at the same time, clean up my mis-information about the coronation and wedding dates. Bad, bad Goldie!!!

So, as my favorite character says, "What say you?"
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 01:18
Dinner on Sunday works for me, perhaps after provisions are checked?

This is going to be fun!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 03:21
My hat's off to all of you who have these dates figured out. I didn't even think that much about them although I'm glad that someone did. It would have bothered me if I did find out we were wrong in the dates department.

To make a long conversation short, it sounds good to me. See you all on Sunday!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 04:02
The dates didn't occur to me either. I honestly didn't think we were following the timeline thing that closely. But I will bow to those with knowledge of these things and be happy with whatever. :love:

'Lead on McDuff'.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 10:27
Quite a few things to let you know about so that we're all on the same page.

1. The time of the meetings has changed to hopefully include Brandywine and Shireling. These are the new times:

11:00 AM West Coast ~ Me
12:00 Noon Mountain ~ Brandywine and Shireling
1:00 PM Central ~ Balrog, Lothien and Scots56
2:00 PM - East Coast ~ Belle
7:00 PM ~ Rose

2. Since next Sunday is the United States Independence Day, our next meeting will be held on Sunday, July 11th.

If for some reason you will not be able to attend, please let me know so that we don't wait for you.

3. In the meantime, please do not post anything in The Journey thread until the mega post from today is posted.

4. As before and as will be in the future, the mega post will be sent for editing via PM on CoE (because it can be tracked) in alphabetical order by CoE Member Name.

I'll forward it to Balrog first. Here are the names and to whom you should send it when you are through with your edits:

Balrog ~ Janell
Bellemaine - Belle
Brandywine ~ Gabby Harfoot
Lothien_Vilya ~ Siladan
Rosearialelven ~ Kain
Scots56 ~ Elfstan Fairbairn
Shireling - Tanzywood
NenyaGold - Goldie

And if you can, please include that list at the beginning of your PM to the next person just so they know to forward it.

5. After I've posted the mega post, please post what ever you wish but stay within the confines of where we are at the moment. The mega post is our anchor and will always denote that time frame.

6. If you can, get together with another writer(s) and do a Live RP with the two or three or however many of you. We have two weeks for these kinds of posts before we meet again. So have some fun touring the city, discussing the possible travel plans, running into Gandalf... Whatever you want.

7. I know I was an abuser of this in the Live RP today, but I do think we should keep to not discussing anything in the main MSN window unless it has to do with what is going on at the time. If you want to chat and tease, let's do it in other MSN windows. I know I can't concentrate when that is going on when I'm trying to write because I want to join in!!! :cry:

Other than that, I loved the session!!! :heart: I think the characters are all developing quite well and those for whom this was their second Live RP are feeling more comfortable. At least, I hope that is the feeling.

Belle and Shireling, you'll come along with time, I have faith. I know this is all new to you so if you or anyone else for that matter have any questions please PM me, post them here or catch me on MSN.

I also think that with this many people, maybe we should close it for now. Not add anyone any time soon. With so many writing, I feel that not everyone is getting their fair turn in the mega Live RP. But if you feel differently, please say so!

I should get the mega post off to Balrog later today. I need a short break from the computer but I wanted to get this all down and posted before I forgot.
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 10:43
Goldie, is it alright to add a couple of characters that will not have a direct part in the company of travelers, but who will become a part of the story as we move forward?
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 10:47
Sure. I don't see why not. Just let us know if anyone else can manipulate them, like with Lillieth. That was a great addition!

Ok, I'm really going away from the computer for a while now... hahahahahahahahahahaha ~ insane laughter! :banghead:
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 12:32
Rather than PM this to everyone with the possibility of missing someone, I'm posting it here. I have copied it to a Word file, printed it and pasted it to the side of my monitor for easy reference.

In order to put accents over letters, you need to put on the NumLock and using the numbers on the keypad, not the numbers above the keys, while holding down the Alt key, press the corresponding numbers:

ä – 132
à – 133
á – 160
â – 131

ë – 137
è – 138
é – 130
ê – 136

ï – 139
ì – 141
í – 161
î – 140

ö – 148
ò – 149
ó – 162
ô – 147

ü – 129
ù – 151
ú – 163
û – 150

ñ – 164
ÿ – 152
¢ -- 155 (did you ever notice that the ¢ was left off the keyboard when we moved from typewriters to computers???)
º --167

Once you finish with the numbers lift off the Alt key and the letter with the accent should appear.

These are not needed when we Live RP. You can add them when you do your editing.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 12:59
Thanks Goldie, those accented letters are a great help, better than having to copy and paste, as I have done in the past.

I agree with the point that perhaps we have enough writers for now, and apologies for all the additional bracketed comments.

I don't think that people weren't getting their fair go, I think some were perhaps just waiting until they felt comfortable.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself today, just a shame silly MSN played up for Belle. But thank you everyone for a great live RP. :love:

Can't wait to edit and then see the mega post up in the thread.
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 04:18
NenyaGold, thanks for the instructions on how to put accents over letters! Works great! Gracie!

I think MSN might have glitched on me because I hadn't added everybody to my contacts list. Hopefully that's all settled.

Rose, not to worry. I'll jump in when it seems appropriate, altho I will concede to being a bit shy. Not much, but some! I like this RP!
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 04:04
Just a couple of updates...

I have heard that the Mega Post is with Shireling and it looks like she has not had computer access since the 1st.

So please don't post anything until that has been posted.

And then I hope you all have posts ready to go and more on the way.

Also, Balrog and Lothien, my apologies but I was busy all day yesterday and will be most of today so I've not edited our Live RP yet... :cry: But I will do so as soon as possible and PM it to Lothien.

Sometimes the off-computer life seems to take over... :love:

Happy Independence Day to those of you who celebrate it!!! :wave:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 03:45
Fellow Travellers:
I just got done reading the MP and the following post. I am so impressed ladies, elves, half-elves, Hobbits, Dwarf, Dúnedain, and Istari. 39 pages in comic-sans 12 point. I'm thinking that I'm going to print this off and take it to school for my kids to read this fall; it's that good. I am honored to be amongst such gifted women.
Namárië
Elfstan
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 09:38
Scots ~ I'm glad you are enjoying the fun! I admit to being a bit leary of taking on all of you but I'm having such a great time too!!! Plus the bonus ~ all the wonderful new friends I'm making! :heart:

Just a few business things to remind you of... (Awwww, Mom!!!)

In your posts before the Live RP on Sunday, please don't move the story past the next night. We'll all meet again for dinner to discuss more of our plans. Remember, the Mega Post is the anchor for our timing.

And unless you are aware of the thickening plot, ignore those who are in it for now, unless it is to notice that the three women have gone upstairs. Otherwise, you know nothing.

And, the next Live RP session is:

Sunday, July 11
11:00 AM West Coast ~ Me
12:00 Noon Mountain ~ Brandywine and Shireling
1:00 PM Central ~ Balrog, Lothien and Scots56
2:00 PM - East Coast ~ Belle
7:00 PM ~ Rose

If you are unable to attend, please post here.
If you have any questions/ideas/comments, let me know.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 12:26
Goldie-Shireling/Tanzywood and Brandywine/Gabby have gotten together and are doing a breakfast the following morning RP. Should we post this before Sunday. You said not to move from dinner that night. Which night?
We assumed everyone left after your speech and that we would be free to roam the city for awhile having chance meetings with other folk of the RP or other insignificant folk. So we met at breakfast the next morning. We are planning to send it to you for approval. Is that ok?
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 02:22
Yes, Brandywine. That's perfect! Go ahead and post before Sunday. Unless you feel a need for me to review it, I'd say post away, but of course I'd be happy to review it.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 04:15
I just finished reading the last two post and haven't stopped laughing out loud!!! Wow!!! I am so proud of all of you!!! I'm beaming from ear to ear!!! And I am very honored to be a part of such a creative group! :heart:
LadyAdaneth
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 12:08
Well I've just caught up with all that you folks have been writing so far and it's excellent (as expected ). It looks like you've got a full complement of travellers already, so I'll take the easy way out and just enjoy reading. If an opportunity arises to join in at a later stage or do a "cameo" I'd be interested.

Can't wait to read what you come up with after your next mega live session!
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 10:30
Goldie, Lothien and I posted a new one on Saturday. It is very good. It has some interesting twists in it.

Hope you all have a good read. I really have fun doing this. This is a great experience for me so I am thanking all who helped me alot. This is the best fun I have had in a long time.

:disco: :rolling: :cheers:

TO ALL THE DWARVES OUT THERE:
Would you like me to discribe it to you
or would you like me to find you a box?
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 12:09
Well, just finished another posting for the mega post.

It was the best ever. We had all the gang there.

Nenyagold ~ Goldie
Balrog ~ Janell
Bellemaine ~ Belle
Brandywine ~ Gabby Harfoot
Lothien_Vilya ~ Siladan
Rosearialelven ~ Kain
Scots56 ~ Elfstan Fairbairn
Shireling ~ Tanzywood

:cheers: :disco:

We had a few problems but nothing that us FoF could not fix. I would like to thank all my fellow members for a great Live RP and hope that the Mega Post gets to be posted so that everybody can give it a good read.

Again my thanks. :love: :wave:

Gandalf
There was never any hope. Just a fool's hope.

[Edited on 11/7/2004 by balrog]
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 05:13
Hiya everyone :love:

After a wonderful session on Sunday, I was wondering where the mega post was now. I know that Belle has passed it onto Brandywine.

Hope you don't mind my asking, but it would be lovely to get it posted and see it in all's its glory. Then all our budding authors can get the individual posts up. Yay!!!

Thanks

Your friendly neighbourhood Dwarf.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 02:31
I heard a rumor that Lothien has it and plans to pass it on tonight.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 03:11
Goldie,
Just a side note here, Maethor is just yummy. *sigh* :naughty:
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 04:59
Isn't he delicious??? :blush: *sigh*

If you would like to see more of him, check out Michael Praed, a fantastic website on the actor. *drewl* Click on the Non-Chest Hair moments for some of his earlier photos... *runs off to drewl*
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 04:05
Question for the day... Why rush things?

I ask that because I hear people are working on posts that aren't even getting them to Osgiliath or speaking to Aragorn and Gandalf, let alone back to the Inn two days later...

Sometimes it is difficult to schedule time for a Live RP, as is the case with Balrog and me - we're not meeting until Saturday night. And then, we would like to meet with Siladan to continue that line of meetings.

With this is mind, I would like to suggest that we postpone our next Mega Meeting until Sunday, August 8th. I would suggest Sunday, August 1st, but I will be at Lake Tahoe that weekend to help my Dad :heart: celebrate is 80th birthday! :disco: Shhh... It's a surprise...

Please let me know what you think.

P.S. If anyone is thinking of meeting with Aragorn for any reason, please talk to me first... He's mine! My Own! My Precious! :heart: Actually, I've got him walking with Goldie after she leaves the Inn. :love:

[Edited on 7/21/2004 by NenyaGold]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 06:25
Hi everyone. I think that would be a good idea, Goldie. When we meet on August 8 it should be a week so this gives other people to talk before we do a Mega Post.

Also we can collaborate what's been going on in the city of both Osgiliath and Minus Tirith. Some of us have gone to Osgiliath and seen what's going on there.

[Edited on 21/7/2004 by balrog]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 06:38
Hi everyone. I'm putting the post in because i would like to let everyone know that Gandalf will be with me on top of Minas Tirith on the Citadel on Sunday.

So nobody can have him okay. :love:

[Edited on 27/7/2004 by balrog]
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 12:51
Balrog/Janell,

Is it OK if we run into Gandalf *before* you take him away? Or has he left town for awhile? Let me know; I don't want to hose up your story line. And he won't say anything about the expedition, leaving that to Goldie.

Regards,

Belle
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email