Register

<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
TopazDragon
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part II
on: February 21, 2005 01:37
Hello, :wave: my friends and fellow ringers - it’s been so long, I have missed all of you so much. I hope everyone had a terrific New Year. :heart: Mine was fine, spent it home, as I usually do. To those of you who have just joined our community…. :disco: Welcome and glad you’re here :disco: … and to those who are another year younger….Happy birthday

I was trying to read the past pages and catch up on what exciting events have been happening in the lives of the “LOTR Fans over Forty.” I was reading something about returning to school for your Maters Degree? Well….I returned for my masters after being out of school for more than thirty years. :rolling: I know juggling a family, career, and returning to school is not easy, but it can be done. I turned 50 in December of 2002 and received my Masters in May of 2003.

Middle Age…
Now there’s a concept I like to ponder from time to time. I think NenyaGold’s quote…”Anyone who thinks that life will get easier when they get older, hasn't gotten older..." kind of hits it on the head. It’s not that life doesn’t get easier….it isn’t harder either…it’s just different. Once, not that many months/years ago, I eagerly went white water kayaking, would climb any rock and camp anywhere any weather. Now I prefer Kayaking the long lazy quiet lakes, easy flowing rivers and quiet deep blue seas; Rock Climbing is more appealing indoors, and camping is better with room service.
Yes, I second the desert over the after dinner cocktail and the nap at 4pm and curling up with a good book around nine. Comfort, that’s what you find in your mirror when you know who you are, it’s what becomes you when you are not afraid of being yourself.

I remember a conversation some time ago about a wonderful book, “Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.” I went looking for my towel and…well….while searching for that towel I was surfing electronic highway and I chanced on a movie announcement of, you guessed it…“Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy” opening on April 29, 2005. Now that is one movie I have got to see.

I received my EX ROTK DVD for Christmas from my children. I love it! I think the additions complete the story.

The only Con I attend is Dragon Con in Atlanta over the Labor day weekend. Every year seems to be better than the one before. This past year I partied with Emerald Rose and the Hobbits, danced till dawn to the mother goddess and met a slew of Elves, Rangers, and a Balrog what an adventure. Oh, and I met and talked with Craig Parker and Sala Baker, they are so nice.

Well I must close for now, dinner is calling and I have ran out things to say for now.

Peace to all,
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 04:09
I am a man from Gondor
I love my country and people
I would die for both

We have no king
My father is the steward
My brother Boromor
Is a wonderful leader and captain
His men love him so
And father loves him so

I am a man from Gondor
I would die for both

Father sent Boromir to Rivendell to bring
back a mighty gift
I saw my brother off
He said,"Remember this day little brother"
I know that Boromir loves me
I watched my brother ride away

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

My rangers and I captured Frodo and Sam
Through Gollum I found out about the ring
A mighty gift to bring my father
And he would love me
A mighty gift that would take me out of the shadow of Boromir

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

Went to Osgiliath for it was under attack
Frodo told me that the ring would not be safe
The ringwrath came and I hid Sam and Frodo
Frodo walked up to the ringwrath and was going to put on the ring
Sam stopped Frodo from doing that and they fall down the stairs
I aimed my arrow at the ringwrath and hit the foul beast

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

Over heard Sam telling Frodo, "That there is some good in this world and it is worth fighting for"
I knelt down as to be eye level with Frodo
I Said, "I think that we understand each other Frodo"

I am a man from Gondor
I would die for both

I know that I had just forfeit my life
I know that I would never have my fathers love
I don't have my brothers love
But I did what I felt was right

I am a man from Gondor
I would die for both

Sam made me smile when he said, "You have shown your true quality sir and it is the very highest"
I showed them the way out of the city, into the forest
Told them to go with our men in good faith
I told Gollum that he had better not bring them to harm

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

Father was furious with me
He believed that Boromir would have bought him this mighty gift
No I said, "Boromir would have kept the ring for himself
And when he came back, you would not have known your son"

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

Father sent my rangers and myself out to a suicide mission
to retake Osgiliath which is now over run by orcs
Father said that he would not give up Osgiliath
That my bother had kept safe
"But my lord Osgiliath is over run over"
"Much must be risked in war" said father
"Is there a captain here that has the courage to his lord will"

I am a man from Gondor
I would die for both

"You wish our places had been exchanged that I died and Boromir lived
Father said, "Yes I wish that"
"Since you were robbed of Boromir I will do what I can in his stead"
"Think better of me father, if I shall return"
Father said,"That would depend of the matter of your return"

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

I lived through the suicide attempt
Father tried to burn me alive
Gandalf and Pippin saved me
In the house of healing for my wounds

I am a man of Gondor
I would die for both

Father is dead
The king as return to Gondor
I will not be a steward of Gondor
I will not follow in my father footsteps

I am a man of Gondor
I love my cointry and people
I will die for both

In the house of Healing
I was Healed by the king
There was a beautiful lady
In the house of healing
Who also was healed by
the king of Gondor

I am a man of Gondor
I will die for both

Aragorn the king of Gondor
was crowned king by Gandalf
I have fallen in love with
Eowyn the shieldmaiden of Rohan

I am a man of Gondor
I will die for both

Now I am the Prince of Ithilien
And I am married to the Shieldmaiden of Rohan
Aragorn is the King of Gondor

I am a man of Gondor
I will die for both
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 09:04
faramirgirl, where did you get it? If you wrote it then it is the best poem I have ever read. It brought me back to the movies and where each of the phrases were in the movie.

When I read each of the stanzas, it brought me back to the movies and each actor that read their parts on screen.

I also think that it summarizes the whole movie trilogy. I can also see myself as Faramir when I read it.

I think it is great. :disco:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 12:09
Hello, fellow FoF:s!

I'm on vacation this week, and although one could think that it means more online time, it's rather the other way round... Today, I finally had time to go shopping for some clothes and other things I needed, all by myself...

It's still full winter here, but the days are getting longer all the time, and the first birds are already starting to sing... Spring is not that far away anymore!

TopazDragon: "camping is better with room service" - LOL, that's exactly the way I also feel! One learns to appreciate comfort when the wild days of youth have turned into the even wilder days of middle age...

Faramirgirl, that's a nice poem! Did you write it yourself?
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 05:05
faramirgirl, where did you get it? If you wrote it then it is the best poem I have ever read. It brought me back to the movies and where each of the phrases were in the movie.

When I read each of the stanzas, it brought me back to the movies and each actor that read their parts on screen.

I also think that it summarizes the whole movie trilogy. I can also see myself as Faramir when I read it.

I think it is great. :disco:
Thank you. I wrote the poem myself. I am so glad that you enjoyed the poem.
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 05:08
Hello, fellow FoF:s!

I'm on vacation this week, and although one could think that it means more online time, it's rather the other way round... Today, I finally had time to go shopping for some clothes and other things I needed, all by myself...

It's still full winter here, but the days are getting longer all the time, and the first birds are already starting to sing... Spring is not that far away anymore!

TopazDragon: "camping is better with room service" - LOL, that's exactly the way I also feel! One learns to appreciate comfort when the wild days of youth have turned into the even wilder days of middle age...

Faramirgirl, that's a nice poem! Did you write it yourself?
Sounds like that you had a wonderful vaction. Yes I did write the poem myself. Thank you for liking my poem.
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 05:26
Wonderful poem.

What happened to spring? Last week it was almost 70 outside, now there's snow and the children got yesterday and today off school! I was home yesterday, hubby is with them today. There is almost no one at work - some folks are sick and some had to stay home because all the schools are closed. It was not easy to leave the house while hubby and oldest boy were still asleep, hug the other 2 still in their jammies and go out and clean off the icy car. It doesn't help that I stayed up too late - I love to take a bubble bath and then enjoy a glass of wine and read for an hour after everyone else is asleep - that's basically the only time I can get to myself. TGIF!
SuzyQ
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 02:35
:wave:
Hi, Everyone. I am a newbie and Tolkien fan since the early 70's maybe late 60's. What's happening? I still have not seen the newest expanded version. How is it.? Does Farimir get a big role?? Didn't Eowyn marry Aragorn in the book? Can anyone answer this important question? My older daughter says she did, and that the ending of the movie in the theatre really turned her off so that she didn't even want to see any more. I think Faramir and Eowyn fall in love while they are in the infirmary. Is that right?
Let me know. Nice visiting your page! Talk to you again, I hope.
SuzyQ
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 05:41
Aiya, SuziQ! Welcome to the FoF thread. We are always glad to see someone with "generational experience."

As to your questions: The EE of RotK, IMHO, is wonderful! True, it isn't absolutely faithful to the book, but it is a wonderful companion to them as are the entire set of movies. Faramir and Eowyn do fall in love in the Houses of Healing in both the book and the movie. Eowyn did not marry Aragorn; she married Faramir. There is a scene in the book that tells about it:

"I stand in Minas Arnor, the Tower of the Sun," she said; "and behold! The Shadow has departed! I will be a shieldmaiden no longer, nor vie with the great Riders, nor take joy only in the songs of slaying. I will be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren." And again she looked at Faramir. "No longer do I desire to be a queen," she said.

Faramir laughed merrily, "That is well he said; "for I am not a king. Yet I will wed with the White Lady of Rohan, if it be her will. And if she will, then let us cross the River and in happier days let us dwell in fair Ithilien and there make a garden. All things will grow with joy there, if the White Lady comes."*

I personally enjoyed the expanded scene here even though I wish it had been longer. Of course, I would have cheerfully sat through a six or eight hour movie with no qualms. LOL

And again, welcome and well met! We hope to see you here often.

*Return of the King Book VI "The Steward and the King" p. 262, Ballentine Books
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 07:41
Welcome, SuzyQ! :wave:

You may be a newbie to CoE, but it's obvious you're no newbie to LOTR. Scots answered most of your questions, but if it's okay I'd like to add my 2 silver pennies as well.

The ROTK EE has a number of new and expanded scenes. We finally get to see Saruman's and Wormtongue's fates. An interesting explanation of Saruman's fate is given in the appendices and/or commentary: be sure to listen to those. (I won't want say more for fear of spoiling the surprise.) The famous Mouth of Sauron scene appears in the EE as well. There is a lot more, of course, but I'll let you discover those for yourself (or let others mention them).

Yes, Faramir is given more screen time. There is a very nice scene with Faramir and Merry when the latter receives his uniform. We get to see more of Faramir and Denethor, and, of course, Faramir and Éowyn.

As far a marriage partners, I'm afraid your daughter is a little confused. As Scots mentioned, and provided a lovely quote from the book, Faramir weds Éowyn while Aragorn weds Arwen. In fact, I have a print of the Brothers Hildebrandt depiction of this wedding hanging on the wall in my bedroom.

You may wish to remind your daughter of of the comparisons made between Arwen and Lúthien, both in their appearance (when Aragorn sees Arwen for the first time he thinks she is Lúthien) and, ultimately, their fate. Like Lúthien, Arwen relinquishes her immortality to marry a Man.
LadyAdaneth
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 12:01
Welcome SuzieQ! :wave:
Thanks for the quote from ROTK, Scot56, I love that bit, it's so good when Eowyn and Faramir find happiness together after they've both lost so much and fought so hard.

Bit of nostalgia for me yesterday - went clothes shopping and discovered that this spring's new stuff looks remarkably like some of my student wardrobe some *cough*twenty-something*cough* years ago. With great delight I bought a tiered gypsy skirt. I resisted the racks of 1960s swirly patterns that I wore as a child as just a step too far... lol. Any of you folks been tempted to relive your younger days yet??!!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 02:28
:feedback: I was watching RotK this morning...for the ???? time. Can't count that high although it's not nearly as many times as I've read the books....anyway....

Bilbo had the Ring for 60 years, right? Frodo for 17...Sam for a few hours/days. The evil didn't affect them like Gollum who it immediately took over as he killed Déagol for it as soon as he saw it. Why do you suppose that is? Why did the evil work so much more slowly on Frodo, Sam, and Bilbo? Just wondering why, and I'd like your thoughts on the subject.
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 05:32
Wonderful poem.

What happened to spring? Last week it was almost 70 outside, now there's snow and the children got yesterday and today off school! I was home yesterday, hubby is with them today. There is almost no one at work - some folks are sick and some had to stay home because all the schools are closed. It was not easy to leave the house while hubby and oldest boy were still asleep, hug the other 2 still in their jammies and go out and clean off the icy car. It doesn't help that I stayed up too late - I love to take a bubble bath and then enjoy a glass of wine and read for an hour after everyone else is asleep - that's basically the only time I can get to myself. TGIF!
Thanks for liking the poem.
Yes spring did seem to fly by didn't it. And the bubble bath and wine sounds so good.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 06:07
Old Tom,

I had forgotten that picture! Thanks for the memory. I had that calendar on my college dormroom wall. I could never quite reconcile that WINGED crown though. It just never looked right in my mind; it looked like a gull had landed on Aragorn's head. But when I saw the Citadel Guardsmen in the movie version---that was the picture I had!

Speaking of snow days---we haven't had one this year and since there is a big storm rushing up the Ohio Valley as we speak, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for Tuesday! Do a snowdance with me so I can stay home and work on my writing!
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 10:01
Bilbo had the Ring for 60 years, right? Frodo for 17...Sam for a few hours/days. The evil didn't affect them like Gollum who it immediately took over as he killed Déagol for it as soon as he saw it. Why do you suppose that is? Why did the evil work so much more slowly on Frodo, Sam, and Bilbo? Just wondering why, and I'd like your thoughts on the subject.

That's a good question, Scots. Personally, I think it's because of the basic nature of each of these characters; Bilbo, Frodo and Sam were basically good-natured, peaceful and humble, they had no dreams of grandeur, and therefore they were as resistant to the Ring as anyone could be, Gollum, on the other hand, seems to have been the black sheep of the family, and have had an evil streak from the beginning.

SuzyQ, welcome for my part as well! :wave:
Melian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 11:53
Hi All !
I agree with Morwinyoniel.... it was in their nature. I would like to add that it may also be that they knew of it's evil... of the power it could wield... and with the help of their nature strove to prevent being over taken... didn't quite work, though, at the end.
morwenna
News Admin and Taste Tester for LHH
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 02:49
I’ve not posted here in a long while and have enjoyed catching up with all the posts. Nice to see this thread still gong strong and welcome to all the new members.

LadyAdaneth I too have succumbed and bought a gypsy skirt and yes I remember them first time round!, shame its snowing here at the moment so I can’t wear it. I’m in half a mind to go up in the loft and retrieve some of the 70’s clothes I have stored up there, cheesecloth smock, paisley maxi skirt, floaty scarves, hmm on second thoughts maybe not .
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 06:09
I would like to say HI to the newbies. :wave: It's nice to see other people here.

I now what you mean morwenna. I lived the seventies. I grew up in the disco years. Hard to believe I said that. I don't have old clothes from that era because I have moved to many times in my life and things, you know, disappear when you have big families. I would love to go through old clothes and dream of the good times that I had.

I went through my old treasures the other day and they brought back memories. Pictures, awards, kids pictures (they are now 24 and 1, year books. I still go over in my mind where I lived when I was growing up. I am now 43 next month (Mar 23) and some days I feel so old that I could use a walker around the apartment. Bad knees.

Anyway, we should hold onto our memories because they are what makes us feel young inside. It makes you say, "I wore that? I did that?" Even if you just have pictures like I have it still makes me feel younger. :disco:
mireandune
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 07:13
Almarë, ilyë!!

Am chuckling just a bit over the "new fashions" conversation...

My mom had a theory that if you've worn a style once before in your life, it's probably best to not revisit it.

But, hey....gypsy skirts!?! I loved my gypsy skirts!! No way I'll be able to leave them alone!!
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 08:38
Morwinyoniel's explanation for Gollum's susceptibility to the power of the Ring is the one I would offer as well. (Great minds think alike, obviously. )

Revisit fashions from the ‘70s? No thank you! I wouldn’t mind owning a tie-dye T-shirt, though.

Happy Birthday, balrog! :cheers:

I turned 43 in December myself. Fortunately my knees are fine. My neck, shoulder, and back are another story. My dad will be celebrating his 75th birthday on March 22nd, the day before yours.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 02:27
My mom had a theory that if you've worn a style once before in your life, it's probably best to not revisit it.

Truer words were never spoken! I just cringe, shake my head, and laugh when I see all the "new" fashions that are out there. As for me, I wouldn't go back to wearing those styles for any amount of persuasion. Not that skin tight hip-hugger bell bottoms would even be an option at this stage of the game. Don't want to scare young children you know.

I had a funny saying above the washing machine oh so many years ago..."My clothes are so old I've been in style 5 times!"
mireandune
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 05:38
Don't want to scare young children you know.

LOL!!!

But wait!!!

Who here remembers....oh, horrors!! Shuddering at the memory....culottes???

Did anyone[/i][i] look good in those things??
LadyAdaneth
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 10:35
*blushingly admits fashion victim status* er, I fear I not only remember cullottes, I have a horrible feeling I went as far as making and wearing a pair, LOL. Not for long, I think, as I soon realised that they didn't suit many people - mostly those thinner and taller than me!
Get out those long paisley skirts and cheesecloth tops though, Morwenna, your younger relations will thank you even if you don't wear them yourself

A friend of mine showed me recently a great way of keeping your memories of favourite clothes along with favourite events etc. She has taken up "scrap-booking" which is apparently a genuine craft hobby these days. What she does is take a piece of the fabric of a favourite item (eg her daughter's dress), scans it, prints off a paper copy, then uses it as background in a photo album behind relevant photos. SHe then sometimes adds other bits and bobs like the menu of a special dinner, or a theatre ticket - you get the idea. It seemed a lovely way to collect together those ephemera that you otherwise just throw away with a sigh after they've lingered in a cupboard for a while. I'm thinking of giving it a go myself.

Any of you good people do this already?

On the Gollum debate: wasn't Smeagol described as being a bit on the sneaky side long before the Deagol incident? Already (even slightly) corrupt, so the ring attracted him more than the more basically moral Bilbo and Frodo. I wonder also whether the ring could have had more residual power when it had more recently left its maker's hand? I can't remember exactly how long Gollum had the ring, but it was many, many generations before the Baggins hobbits. no, on balance I favour the "more corrupt already" theory.
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 01:29
I went out yesterday morn to a beatiful sound ! The cardinals were singing their mating song ! What glorious music after such a trying winter. Spring is soon to come in the east.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 02:40
The cardinals have come back to Nebraska too! I hear lots of them at school (we're waaay out in the middle of nowhere) when I am unpacking my junk from my car in the mornings. Yesterday morning I spent a glorious 2 hours cleaning out flowerbeds and saw that the peonys are starting to just poke themselves out of the ground. A sure sign of spring.

The weather was amazing here too. Over 70 degrees with little to no wind. I turned off the heat (that'll help the pocket book) and opened up the doors to let the spring in. Loved it.

I hope that spring is making its way to all of you FoF out there. :love:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 07:30
Hail fordee-rz! Been working tons with the company having issues with the government.:cry:

Good to see everyone, and welcome SuzyQ & Melian! *bows*

I am really going to try and get here more often because its hard to try and catch upo on all that passes over pages!

Oh yes, my daughter would kill for any original 70's clothes! She found a pair of my old hiphugger bells I wore to Led Zeppelin. I forgot I stashed them in my old backpack. They are complete with peace sign patch and some felt markered grafitti and a logo that says 'Born to Die' . What were we thinking back then? The sad part is they fit her all too well.

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 09:59
Yes, the spring is slowly finding its way here up north. It's still full winter, but the days are getting warmer, and the Great Tits and Blue Tits have started to sing - a sure sign that spring is coming. Soon the Greenfinches will join the concert...

Welcome, MelianAnorel!
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 03:13
I am jealous, scots56.... for we are yet in winter... it will be known as the winter that never ends.... a storm is due tomorrow, Tuesday.. sleet and snow or is that snow and sleet ? Anyway, certainly not 70ish and there are no peonies popping not even a crocus. I think I might write on ode to spring... Where are you ?
Blessings to all, enjoy the week. It will speed by all too fast.
Is there anyone among us who is in California.. Ol Tom... does anyone know of the fabric sales that occurred last week ? I'm itching for some great silk.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 05:13
Me, me, me! Hmm... Which fabric sale are you talking about? I am such a fabric junky. LOL... PM me. It's finally stopped raining, the sun's out and flowers are blooming like mad here in Southern California.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 06:19
Is there anyone among us who is in California.. Ol Tom... does anyone know of the fabric sales that occurred last week ? I'm itching for some great silk.
My wife does some sewing; she's currently working on curtains for our bedroom. When I asked her just now she handed me a flyer for Jo-Ann's, who apparently had a sale this weekend. Their website is http://www.joann.com/. The other store she frequents is Hancock Fabrics, whose website is http://www.hancockfabrics.com/.

We had wonderful weather this weekend in Northern California. Pleasantly cool with sunny skies. I had our place opened up during the day on both Saturday and Sunday.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 07:30
Hey All,
There have been so many posts since last I was here that I fear I may never catch up. I just had to jump into the conversation about old clothes, though. I remember a pair of canary yellow corduroy bell-bottoms that my mom made for me. Oh they were the bell-bottomest!
Then the striped shirts, the baby doll shirts, the halter tops, and those dresses that had gathered fabric for a bodice and just fell from there to whatever length.
I'm with you Scots56 I wouldn't wear that stuff again if you paid me. Well, maybe...how much I got paid would make the difference.
Ah! Those were the good old days when clothes actually fit. Course you all do know the reason that they don't anymore isn't us! No! No! No! It's the manufacturers. Somebody told them everyone was tall and skinny and they haven't bothered to look.
Ah well! Maybe someday I will actually be able to wear clothes that fit well again.

Anyway, life in Idaho is coming around to spring too. Lots of baby calves. We took six to the farm Saturday and today we already have 4 more. Our herd is a small one (about 50) but the babies are fun. The weather has been obligingly warm and all too dry(doesn't bode well for our western water season). I did get the rake out today and actually raked up som eold leaves that fell over the winter. The shedding Austrian pine needles are on the *to be raked* list as well.
Hope your all doing well.
Brandywine
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 12:43
Hail all...Hope all your weather is terrific. Ours is not. It is unseasonaly cold and we had a mini blizzard yesterday. Oh for Spring !
Ol' Tom, I frequent both JoAnn's and Hancock. There is a LOTR costume site from Alleycatscratch that talked of this huge sale. Anyway, one can get Thai silks and silk dupone(sp), just all kinds of silks and leathers to make that perfect costume. Oh,yes, even silk velvet....the other stores don't seem to have those, at least, not here in the east.
Tell your wife ..thank you very much !
Old clothes... I , too, hope those years never return. BUT, I must say that I did have one pair of orange and yellow flowered jeans that were my best friends. I wore them out horsebackriding. I did also have a granny dress that I liked somewhat , but the rest :rolleyes:
Anyone like kalamata olives?
Enjoy !
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 06:50
The weather continues crazy. Monday it was 70, Tuesday it snowed. Yesterday flurries (right as I was driving the kids to school, they were praying for a blizzard.) The freezing and snowing and melting has turned the yard into a giant mud puddle - the dogs run in and jump up and put mud everywhere. I can't wait for real warm weather.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 06:49
Those cows just keep popping them out. Yesterday I volunteered to help my husband by bringing the cows with new babies in from the pasture to the corral where we give them really good food. He said there were two. So I set off walking down the fields thinking this would be easy. I found the white one right away. He had his momma walked so nicely up to the corral and went right where they were supposed to with just an occasional nudge from me.
Then I turned around to repeat the walk again thinking life was good and I was getting a reasonalbe workout and being helpful. I had seen the brown calf and his momma had seen me earlier. She took off to the farthest end of the pasture. I just walked right on down. Imagine my surprise when I got there and there were two brown calves.
After much exertion and pain (more than is included in my 30 minute Curves workout) I finally got the calf up there with it's mother. It took my face nearly an hour to stop being red from exertion. That is one calf that I do not find cute!
Well, I guess the laugh was on me.
When I got home I asked my husband what color the two calves were that I was supposed to be bringing home. He said they were both brown. Imagine his surprise when I informed him that we now had three, not two, new babies.

Ah! Spring!!!
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 10:19
There sure are joys and sorrows in country life that we city dwellers can only imagine... Brandywine, I don't remember if you've mentioned it before but, how much cattle do you have?

Here, the cold weather continues. Especially the nights are cold whenever the sky is clear; but, in the daytime, the sun already melts the snow a little.
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email