Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Post Fans over Forty ~ Part II
on: July 26, 2004 04:50
Whoa! Our wonderful thread just reached 600 posts!!! That's a lot to wade through to find the last one, so I'm creating the FoF Part II. You can read our prior posts in FoF Original. In the meantime, I'll ask one of the mods to lock that thread.

Here is RangerNorlin's original post of 6-26-2003, and the premise for this thread, although we have deviated from it many times, but always seem to come back to our Love of All Things Tolkien.
Tired of fans who think The Professor stole ideas from Harry Potter? Let's talk about a lifetime love of the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien, aka The Professor - how has it shaped and changed your life over the years?

Here's to the Fans over Forty and another 600 posts!!! :cheers:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part II
on: July 26, 2004 06:16
Nenya, it's hard to belive that we have posted over 600. :disco: We should have a party. :cheers:

I know that I was here at or around Christmas so I feel honored to be part of something big.

Again, congradulations to the FANS OF FORTY for graduating to a second post.

HIP HIP HORRAY! :disco: :cheers:
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 06:39
I'm reposting this hunk in case some of you missed drewling over him in the other thread... We might as well start out this new thread with a bit of eye candy...

Ok, Ladies! I might make this my avi one day, but in the meantime, A&E was having their Sunday morning "Breakfast With The Arts" and I tuned in just in time to record it on my computer. Here is a screen capture of one of my all time FAVORITE, weak in the knees, most drewlable singers of the '60's!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I saw him in a concert at a roller rink near where I live and I was probably all of 15! Oh my goodness!!! I remember that night like it was yesterday!!! He was awesome and sexy and I'd better stop there or this post might get edited by a mod... Enjoy!!!

scots56 was unable to remember who he was...

This answer is from Old Tom:
Come on baby light my fire!

Unless I miss my guess, I believe that is the late Jim Morrison of The Doors.

Am I right, Goldie?

And this was my answer:
Ah yes, Tom... Those were Strange Days and I was not an Unhappy Girl but I would have loved to have taken a Moonlight Drive with him, asking him to Love Me Two Times while we were Waiting For The Sun. But When The Music's Over, I knew it was The End, and he sailed away in The Crystal Ship.

Yes, People Are Strange as are the Riders On The Storm, but I've learned to Take It As It Comes, although he can still Light My Fire.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 06:48
And just so no one misses them, I thought I'd post the last two posts here:

from sindarinelvish:
I have to tell someone who will understand about my great birthday present from the dearest hubby. (We were at a cookout with teacher friends last night and when they ask him what he'd got me for my birthday. When he told them, they all looked tharn and said "Oh, that's nice."

He got me a WETA Galadhrim Archer statue!!!!!! I had wanted it for months and he finally won the e-bay bid.

I knew you all would understand.

and scots56's reply:
:disco: Oh, what a wonderful husband you have!! And yes, we do all understand. It's sad that so many others have missed such a wonderful time with Tolkien. I would love to have something like that, and most people I know would look at me if I got the same thing with that glazed-over look (you know the one-Lord, there she goes AGAIN!) Oh, well, their loss.

And a Happy Belated Birthday to you.

sindarinelvish ~ I totally understand!!! I adore my Aragorn life-size cutout! Fortunately I have a room of my own to keep him in where he watches over me while I'm on my computer. :heart:
Marille
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 08:52
Hello all,

I haven't been here in a while. I just got TT ext. edition this weekend, like NenyaGold, a gift from my hubby. It seems he's finally accepting my LoTR obsession. He doesn't seem to think me silly for learning Tengwar and Sindarin. Or at least he's not telling me he thinks I'm silly. Really, is time spent with Tolkien any less valuable than, say, time spent watching the Sacramento Kings on TV? At least I'm engaging my brain!

Marille
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 10:56
I think I posted in the old thread a couple of times, but for many reasons, didn't become a frequent visitor - maybe I'll be able to check this new installation more often.

NenyaGold, you've seen The Doors live? *insert "green of envy" smilie here* When I "found" the band, Jim Morrison had already passed on several years earlier.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 07:29
I think you forgot one, Goldie...

Oh, show me the way to the next whiskey bar
Oh, don't ask why, oh, don't ask why
No whiskey? I guess a mug of ale will do then. :cheers:

The Doors songs I really remember are "Riders on the Storm" and, especially, "Light My Fire". (My older brother had the 45.) That organ solo would go on forever. It was awesome!

My teenage heart throb was Olivia Newton-John. When I saw her in Oakland I was probably about the same age as Goldie when she saw Jim, only Olivia was a tiny speck on a stage far, far away. Livy had it all. She was sweet, pretty, had an adorable accent, and a beautiful singing voice. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of autographed photos in a box somewhere.

I meant to remark in the original thread that Shireling's signature--
Ahhh, to be in Middle Earth! The silvan woods, the green Shire, the Misty Mountains, Golden Lothlorien! Me thinks it's time to read LOTR again!
--reminded me of Treebeard's little ditty:

In the willow-meads of Tasarinan I walked in the Spring.
Ah! the sight and the smell of the Spring in Nan-tasarian!
And I said that was good.
I wandered in Summer in the elm-woods of Ossiriand.
Ah! the light and the music in the Summer by the Seven Rivers of Ossir!
And I thought that was best.
To the beeches of Neldoreth I came in the Autumn.
Ah! the gold and the red and the sighing of leaves in the Autumn in Taur-na-neldor!
It was more than my desire.
To the pine-trees upon the highland of Dorthonion I climbed in the Winter.
Ah! the wind and the whiteness and the black branches of Winter upon Orod-na-Thôn!
My voice went up and sang in the sky.
And now all those lands lie under the wave,
And I walk in Ambarona, in Tauremorna, in Aldalómë,
In my own land, in the country of Fangorn,
Where the roots are long,
And the lies lie thicker than the leaves
In Tauremornalómë.

The Tolkien Ensemble did a lovely job of putting that verse to music, and Christopher Lee with his resonant bass voice and flawless elocution makes a wonderful Treebeard. If you have the opportunity to purchase one or more of their recordings I highly recommend them. Of course they're about impossible to find.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 10:54
Wow! We have that many posts! OMGosh. I can't believe it. Old Tom, I'd love to find a copy of that music you mentioned. Christopher Lee was on it! He's been involved with Tolkein for a long time then hasn't he.

School is three weeks away from starting for us Idaho teachers. Starting to think in terms of little (not hobbits) people again. Found a great song in a children's book called "On Top of Spaghetti". Anybody remember that one.

Goldie and Tom-I missed the Doors. I was a few years behind and was a Donny Osmond, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy fan. I do remember Olivia though and got to see her in a concert that was taped live for HBO. It was smashing. I too was far away from her. It was shortly after she released "Physical". I remember what a lot of controversy that song brought, especially when everyone caught onto the dance moves.

Oh Well those were the days.
Bye now,
Brandywine
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 11:09
On top of spaghetti
All covered in cheese
I lost my poor meatball
When somebody sneezed.

That one?

No wonder I can't remember stuff that happened yesterday!!! My brain is crammed full of stuff from a long time ago!!!

By the way, I recently purchased "A Night In Rivendell" and "At Dawn In Rivendell" which has Christoper and the Treebeard song, from Amazon.com. You might still find copies there.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 11:33
It rolled off the table
And on to the floor,
And then my poor meatball,
It rolled out the door!

It rolled in the garden,
And under a bush.
And then my poor meatball
Was nothing but mush!

I remember that song. It is such a good thing that I am not in charge of music at my school. Their education would be sadly lacking then. I do art, and unfortunately, their education is lacking there too. Not as bad though if I had been teaching music.

All of you have a lovely.

Brandywine,
Yippe Skippee, I have 4 weeks until school. *sigh of relief*
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 04:58
I wanna get physical, physical, I wanna get physical
Let me hear your body talk, body talk
Let me hear your body talk

"Physical" was one of Livvy's later hits...and not one of my favorites. She had a cute video that went with it, though. I think she was trying to change her sweetheart image a little bit to compete with Pat "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" Benatar.

Of course I remember "On Top of Spaghetti". It's right up there with "John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt":

When ever I go out
The people always shout
There goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt
Na-na-na-na-na-na-ha

Goldie, I bought my Tolkien Ensemble "Dawn" CD at Amazon, have been trying to get the other two for awhile. I had ordered one from Amazon but they couldn't fill it, then I tried at Amazon Canada and they couldn't fill it, either. About a month ago I placed an order at Amazon for TE Collector's Set (has their first two CDs) so keep your fingers crossed! *insert fingers-crossed emote*
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 08:54
Hi, I know I hardly posted in the old FOF thread. Just tied up with the Realm of Nienna I guess and RPing. I might try to be a little more of a regular visitor here.

At the time, I suppose I enjoyed all the music, songs and artists mentioned, but tastes change. There are those songs that take me back to a particular time and place, but mostly they are just faded memories. I can't honestly say I was a particular fan of The Doors or groups of that ilk. I was more your jingly jangly folksy music person, oh and Motown.

Talking of silly songs. I remember Chuck Berry's 'My Dingaling' being banned in Britain on the BBC, or 'Auntie' as the corporation was known. There were a few records banned, as being too racy by dear old 'Auntie'. Jane Birkin's 'Je T'aime' was one.

Old Tom: I liked Olivia Newton John. I thought she was just perfect in 'Grease.' I think my favourite songs of hers were 'Banks of the Ohio' and 'Sam'.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 10:25
Heck, I don't even remember who were my favourite pop stars when I was a teenager - I was too young for the Beatles and their contemporaries, but on the other hand too old to fall for Donny Osmond & co.

But, in school parties, a few heavy/hard rock pieces caught my attention. I didn't bother then to find out what they were, but later, I found out that they were real classics: Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf, and Easy Living by Uriah Heep...

Oh yes, and a friend once gave me a single of the folk singer Buffy Sainte-Marie; I liked it so much that I later bought some of her albums, and she's still one of my faves.
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 11:23
The mush was as tasty
As tastey could be,
And early next morning
It grew into a tree.

The tree was all covered
With beautiful moss
It greww lovely meatballs
And tomato sauce.

I liked Olivia Newton John too> Helen Reddy, Carly Simon, I even have a Herman's Hermits album! Moody Blues, A song or two of Led Zepplin, but most of all I loved corny ole John Denver! He was the only one really singing about something worth singing about: Nature!:heart:

The kids still sing JohnJacobJingleHiemerSmith! A Classic!

Later, and Well Met!
Shireling
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 03:30
:love: I loved John Denver! I even bought a guitar to try and teach myself to play so I could play his songs. Never worked out for me though. I did see him live in concert in Lincoln, oh so many years ago. I stood in line for 16 hours to get tickets. Then I saw him at a restaruant in Aspen, Colorado one time. He lived there, and we were up there for the weekend to work a car race. I was cool, I didn't go over or anything, but I was excited to see him. *sigh*

I also liked Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Diamond, and James Taylor.

Thanks, Shireling, for the rest of the "On Top of Spaghetti" song. I never knew the last parts of it.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 11:14
I remember the singers y'all have mentioned, but I think most of you must be younger than me. My first concert was Jan and Dean. I liked most of those already mentioned and will add some more. Who remembers the Beach Boys, the Everly Brothers, Righteous Brothers, Guess Who and The Who? I could go on some more but will leave room for some others :disco:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 04:16
Oh! Yes! John Denver was the best. I always wanted to play a guitar too. But since I can't carry a tune in a bucket... Well, my favorite John Denver song was "Annie" "You fill up my senses like a night in the forest, like the mountains in spring time. like a walk in the rain..." You get the picture. Shireling you've got the right of it, he did sing about things that mattered. What was best though was that he actually sang so you could understand and sing along.

How's everyone's weather lately? For a while there we were worried about some of you in tornado alley. We have just been warm here in Idaho. Finally quite having those Thunder and Lightning storms in the afternoon. Glad too, cuz I was tired of having to re-boot my computer.

Anyway, hope you are all safe and happy.
PLBLAIR
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 11:47
It's great to find this site! Especially when I work surrounded by people who weren't even born when JFK was president. Yes, I was around when American Bandstand was a brand new show. I remember John Denver, the Beach Boys, Little Richard, Chubby Checkers ... Now if I could just remember where I left the car keys and what I had for breakfast this morning... One of the reasons I so loved the LOTR movies was how well Peter Jackson tapped into the way I envisioned Middle Earth - not an uncommon experience, I'm sure. Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not the only oldster on the Council site. (By the way, how do I get the smileys?)
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 01:11
Hi, PLBLAIR. :wave: Glad you found us. We have fun at this site. We talk about everthing and anything. If your new to CoE (Council of Elrond) take a look around. It's amazing what you will find.

I know of a guy not far from you. He lives in Cheyenne.

Nice to hear a reporter here. Maybe you could give us tips on some things. After you hit forty, you kind of forget things. All of us could use a little help once in a while. (I know I do)

I also liked John Denver. He was the greatest.:love::heart:

[Edited on 31/7/2004 by balrog]
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 01:20
Hi plblair! I'll help you find your car keys if you help me find mine! And the CAR in the parking lot? Now where did I park that thing this time??? Somewhere you enable smileys, but I'm not sure where, now that I have them. Could someone else lend a hand here?

YAY Scots and Brandy! Not a whole lot of Denver fans out there, me thinks, but always good to find one! I saw him live in Pocatello about 20 years ago! Bet concert I ever went too! Inspite of what my compatriots at the time thought. They were looking for glamor and glitz, and lots of back up singers... I told them if you have something good to sing about you don't need all that! Well, I loved it anyway!

Loved Neil Diamond too and Gordan Lightfoot, yep,yep,yep, the good old days>
morwenna
News Admin and Taste Tester for LHH
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 01:39
The FoF thread makes it to part 2 :disco: that's great.

PLBLAIR - when you write a post make sure there isn't a check mark in the box marked disable smileys, if there is just un-check it. You should see the smileys on the right side page just click to insert a smiley or two in your post.

Talking about concerts the first proper one I ever went to was Status Quo - so loud I had ringing in my ears for about 3 days afterwards. My musical tastes are a tad different now - but I still have a Quo LP up in the loft . Hmm LP's, EP's and singles - dont see those around much these days.
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 06:57
Hello my name is Kim and I am going by faramirgirl here. I am 43 so I guess that I fit the fans for over forty age group. I am new only for a few days and thought that I would just pop in and said hi and that it is nice to meet you guys.
faramirgirl/Kim
PLBLAIR
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 06:37
Denethor was one hard-boiled egg. As long as we're revealing ages here, I'm 56 heading for 57 on Aug. 18. One consolation about growing older (aside from the fact that it beats the alternative) - I now qualify for the senior discount in most of the restaurants here in Sheridan. Re: losing cars - If I had a nickel for every minute I've wandered around the Wal-Mart parking lot looking for mine, I could retire today and live off the interest of my invested nickels.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 08:37
Hey dol! merry dol my merry friends! Welcome PLBlair and Faramirgirl to the Old Fogies Forum! :wave:

You fill up my senses like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Yes, good ol' John Deutschendorf sang some pretty special songs. And what a great voice Gordon Lightfoot had; my dad had several of his albums:

If you could read my mind love
What a tale my thoughts could tell
Just like an old time movie
'Bout a ghost from a wishin' well
In a castle dark or a fortress strong
With chains upon my feet
You know that ghost is me
And I will never be set free
As long as I'm a ghost that you can't see

A trick for the folks with short term memory loss who have difficulty finding their car in the parking lot: After parking your car find a landmark that'll be easy to find when you return. Better yet, park near a landmark that you can easily find. (Parking next to the big blue truck may not cut it because that big blue truck may be gone by the time you return so try to find something permanent. ) Also, as you walk away, walk backwards so that you'll know what the area around your car looks like as you approach. Failing that you can train your car to come when you whistle like Gandalf does with Shadowfax. Either that or do what I do, sing a song!

Hey! now! Come hoy now! Whither do you wander?
Up, down, near or far, here, there or yonder?
Sharp-ears, Wise-nose, Swish-tail and Bumpkin,
White-socks my little lad, and old Fatty Lumpkin!

I hope everyone's having a great weekend.

faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 06:06
Shireling, Old_Tom_Bombadil, brandywine, NenyoGlod, and Scots56 loved the songs. Well how about this song that would fit the happy couples. Rosie and Sam and Aragorn and Arwen and Faramir and Eowyn.
The Rose by Amanda McBroom and song by Bette Midder

The Rose
Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of of walking
that never take the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.

When the night has been to lonely
and the road had been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

Or how about this one

Sung by Neil Yung

Love is a rose but, you better not pick it
only grows when it's on the vine
handful of thorns and you know you've missed it
lose you love when you say the word mine

I want to see whats never been seen.
I want to live an angels dream
boys and girls lets get together
and do the best right now

I want to go to a old hoe-down
long ago in a western town
pick me up, my feet are draggin
give me a lift and I'll hay your wagon

Love is a rose but you better not pick it
only grows whern it's on the vine
handful of thorns and you know you've missed it
lose your love when you say the word mine

I want to see whats never been seen
I want to live an angels dream
boys and girls lets get together
and do the best right now
And so the best right now

I love the songs that John Dever song.

brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 06:28
Welcome Faramirgirl and PLBLAIR. Nice to have you on the site. Tom-Thanks for printing the words to the song, Couldn't help singing it to myself as I read your post. Thanks also Faramirgirl for the words to "the Rose" sung by Bette Midler. I truly enjoy those songs with messages. The best song is one you can sing over and over and get comfort from. I also like those that bring back fond memories.

The road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can,...

That's another of my favorites.
Music is so evocative. I hear LOTR and I think of hobbits and the Dunedain and the might of Gondor and of the evil of Sauron.
Music in our lives is much the same, bringing quiet memories to the heart.

Thank you all for being a part of my life and sharing yourselves with the rest of us.

This is a truly great company to be in and "no mistaking that."

:love:
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 11:58
How's everyone's weather lately?

Not too fine up here in Northern Europe. A low pressure that wasn't even expected to come this way stuck here for days, and poured out more rain than necessary. In many places, the capacity of the rainwater drains was exceeded, basements were flooded, and some roads cut. Now, it fortunately seems to have moved on.

Faramirgirl, when I read the lyrics for The Rose that you posted, I had to ponder for a while why it seemed so familiar; I've never heard the Bette Midler version of it (at least I think so). But, I have a version made by the Irish group The Dubliners, one of my favourites since I was a teenager.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:12

It's wicked hot here in the flatlands of Nebraska. It's been very nice for most of the summer, but the past few days summer has cometh in with a vengance. It's stifling to breathe as you walk out your door. Kind of like a blast furnace. We are under a heat advisory today. Just lovely. But the tomatoes love it. I have scads of them just waiting for the sun to ripen them up. They've been missing that. That would be Nebraska, a land of extremes.
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 03:40

Not too fine up here in Northern Europe. A low pressure that wasn't even expected to come this way stuck here for days, and poured out more rain than necessary. In many places, the capacity of the rainwater drains was exceeded, basements were flooded, and some roads cut. Now, it fortunately seems to have moved on.

Faramirgirl, when I read the lyrics for The Rose that you posted, I had to ponder for a while why it seemed so familiar; I've never heard the Bette Midler version of it (at least I think so). But, I have a version made by the Irish group The Dubliners, one of my favourites since I was a teenager.
What is the Irish version of "The Rose?" I would love to hear it, if you don't mind writing the words down. I hope that weather is getting better out there.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 01:43
Faramirgirl, The Rose is one of the pieces The Dubliners sing in English, with quite the same lyrics as you posted - if they sang it in Irish, I wouldn't understand much of it. It was just reading the lyrics that brought the melody into my mind and made me remember where I had heard it.
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 06:31

Well, since you asked...

I live in the South San Francisco Bay Area in California and we're in our typical summer weather pattern.

Around 10:00 am, the fog from the coast (we're about 25 miles from it) starts to burn off and it gets warm during the day, usually around 75-80º. Around 3:00 a slight breeze picks up and cools things down to a nice 70º. By 9:00 PM, it can drop to a cool 60º or lower. Definitely need a jacket if you go out.

This pattern repeats every three days or so. Then we have clear hot mornings and the day can get to 95-100º. Those are the days we turn on the air conditioner. Some of those nights that follow don't cool off below 70º.

We don't have any rain from May through October so when we say we'll have a picnic on Saturday, we have our picnic on Saturday.

We DO sometimes get awesome thunderstorms in the Sierra Nevada, Lake Tahoe where we vacation every August, but no rain here in the Valley.

I feel VERY fortunate to have been born and raised here and appreciate it very much! I've seen enough of the rest of the world to know it is a special place. :heart:
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 11:19
Hi, everybody!
Welcome faramirgirl! Tahnks for the song inputs. I'm thrilled to know there are a few JD fans still around!

Tom, I loved that Gordan Lightfoot song! Thanks for the "ways to find your car" tips too. I can't get mine to come when I call, so I will try the tips. Now if I just don't get run over walking backwards ...Just kidding!

Gotta go! Good day to one and all!
Shireling
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 04:35
Hi NenyoGold
I was born in El Monte, Calfornia. Then when I was 18 I lived in long Beach. I do miss Calfornia. But I am a jr in college now and when I get down I don't plan of stayng in Kentucky. I hate it here. My kids are grown so when I am done there is nothing holding me to Kentucky. Don't know where I will go but Calfornia isn't out of the picture. I guess where ever I can go to get a good job.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 08:14
Hey! Come derry dol! Hop along, my hearties!
Hobbits! Ponies all! We are fond of parties.
Now let the fun begin! Let us sing together!

If not the event of the year it's certain to be the event of the day (within that particular vicinity), be sure not to miss…

~ A LONG EXPECTED PARTY ~
(Or at least a reasonable facsimile thereof.)

If you live near San Francisco, or will be visiting the area next month, there is a potluck picnic being held on Saturday, September 25th at the Pine Lake picnic area in the world famous Sigmund Stern Grove.

Of course there will be food--including a "tater cookoff"--poetry reading, food, trivia, food, a raffle, and there will likely be a morsel or two of food. And drink.

And if that's not enough, and believe you me it is, you'll also get to meet the one, the only, the nearly handsome, not quite debonair--(sorry ladies, he's taken so you may look but you may not touch...okay, a little touching might be okay...if the River-daughter isn't looking...well, I don't think she'll mind a hug...or a wee peck on the check)--mildly talented and ever so silly--ME! :love:

I may even bring some sweets. I will: chocolate served by T. Bombadil. You couldn't say no to that!

For all the hows, whys, whens, whats, and wherefores go to http://silivren.net/ba and/or contact Sara Shain at [email protected]

[Edited on 8/4/2004 by Old_Tom_Bombadil]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 09:04
Hi. I would like to congratulate NenyGold for being MEMBER OF THE MONTH :cheers: :angel:

I read it on the Council News yesterday.

For all you Pirates of the Carribbean fans I would like to let you know that Orlando Bloom and his on screen love Keira Knightley, are in secret negotiations to do two sequels to the Black Pearl. I got this info on another Lotr fan club. :love: :heart:
I think that Orlando is an excellent actor. He will go a long ways in the business.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email