Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
Post What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: July 27, 2004 12:47
oh yeah!
a guys eyes i cannot resist.

esspecially elijah woods eyes are to dye for!:love::love::love::love:
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: July 27, 2004 01:24
That's a tough one. I guess I go for the guy with a sense of humor. There's really no pattern to my crushes, except they've all been dark, like no blondes.

Physical feature, my fave is eyes also. I love hazel eyes, that change color in different light, or really remarkable eyes. Like dark brown or really bright colors.:love::love:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 03:10
I've always had a thing for jocks...it's probably their physique. I like those skinny (or lanky) guys...skinny but strong I'm not too fond of those buff, built guys though. I also like very bright eyes, eyes that stand out, especially blue. As for hair...it doesn't really matter to me.

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 06:19
Tall and slender, long (as in, longer than mine) dark hair or shorter (like shoulder) light hair, grey silver eyes, because they're rarer (at least here, most people have hazel, light brown eyes) or maybe chocolate-ish, dark brown... clear skin, and...
I dunno, arrogance-without-mean-ness. not snide or malevolent, but proud, self-assured, I-don't-care-what-you-think-of-me ness... and smart. Not the kind where I'm tempted to explain something complicated very fast just to see him say "Huh??"... sorta like *thinks* what's her name in Much Ado About Nothing...? Hero's cousin... Beatrice.. "I should have known you'd quit by a jade's trick!" Someone to tease and be teased by.

Oh yeah, I got Elf-fancier syndrome, and BAD. Really really bad!

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by glory2glorfindel]
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 09:55
He has to have that special something. I mean, yeah he needs to be good-looking, but there needs to be something there that other guys wouldn't normally have.
*sigh* Just being the hopeless dreamer I usually am.
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 12:25
Personality wise i think i enjoy guys who aren't arrrogant but not feeling bad about themeselfs either.

I luv the friendly, humor type and an athletic image is always good.

woooooooowwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee!!!!

icymt:love:
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:28
Very interesting post...

I'm interested in hearing what the other members will have to say (though granted most are younger than me I presume). Figuring out the mind of a girl is the hardest thing in the world.... give me a book on theoretical linguistics and I can learn it but girls.....

It's funny how similar everyones perfect person is (and how no one seems to fit the requirements!).

I also find it amusing that all posts thus far have mentioned "humor" as a key necessity (though no one defines this in any detail). What is it about girls liking guys who can't shut up? Maybe that's just my skewed observation though!
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:58
Oooh, I prefer the quiet type really. The guy that's not the center of attention, but can have you in stitches when he does tell a joke. People who don't know when to shut up bother me to no end! And usually the guys that are the center of attention have an ego problem, and I don't like that either.: D
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 02:40
I'm interested in hearing what the other members will have to say (though granted most are younger than me I presume).

Now, that's not totally true. Although I AM younger than you lol.
It's funny how similar everyones perfect person is (and how no one seems to fit the requirements!).

I don't know if lanky guys could stand as "perfect". There's no prince charming for me maybe I'll find someone from the volleyball team :naughty:

I also find it amusing that all posts thus far have mentioned "humor" as a key necessity (though no one defines this in any detail). What is it about girls liking guys who can't shut up?

That's a lie Gildor, I haven't even mentioned humor. I don't know if humor is a big thing for me, but it's true alot of girls like humor. There are number of humor types, the sick, gross humor, that all my guys seem to go for...which quite frankly turns me off. Peh, I'm a shy girl, I might need a guy to talk alot to make up for my lack of words. But then again, I like peace and quiet, where you can just sit and think.

Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 03:30
No offense intended Lady~Eowyn! I was just commenting on the previous posts not trying to make a wide declaration about the feminine population of the world!

Anyway I find this very topic to be fascinating. Maybe it's because I try to take everything analytically - who knows. .
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 03:49
Lol I know you didn't mean any Gildor-Inglorion! I should've added a couple of 'lol's. I suppose I came on too strong eh? Well I'm sorry. :angel:

Edit: I find it absolutely amusing that North American girls (I live in Canada, but my heritage is Chinese (Malay/Indonesian since my parents are both)) find "exotic" guys to be sexy. I know a Filipino guy and I don't find myself attracted to him in the least. My friends always tell me how they admire his accent

ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 09:04
i love a guy with nice hands...(odd huh?) and eyes..and their smile...i like sideburns and glasses too...musicians are a plus...and i love accents...lol...I like well done tattoos and piercings...(depending upon the guy)
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 07:33
what do you mean by exotic lady eowyn?

ya i am sometimes attracted to asians and african americans.
they either are sexy and workout or they are reallyskinny and have glasses and are nerdy. or they are overweight but nice.
hispanic guys i have never been attracted to.

some of these observations are limited so they are not accurate, just in my eyes. i think out of any other race, being an american i am most attracted to caucasin or asian guys.:evil:

this is tough stuff. to right about this subject.

color of hair doesn't bother me at all. unless they dyed it hot pink.

smile
icymt
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 04:15
asian guys
icymt

there is something about asian guys...i love getting my nails done just so i can gaze..haha.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 05:41
"Exotic", basically I meant asian men and some europeans. Hehe I was right
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 01:25
What attracts me to the opposite sex? Absolutely nothing. :yawn: :naughty:
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 07:24
I didn't know asian guys worked at nail places.

people that are half asian and half american are reallly beautiful.:heart:

Tryhael- there are times in my life when i agree with you:cry:

luv icymt
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 02:04
Uh, he has to be an elf.
Yeah, I'm hopeless.
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 05:34
Eyes... :drool:
Oh, and some of the time very dark hair.

Mar
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 11:46
Okay... it's official. I love Brazilian men, in case you couldn't tell. I guess I don't find myself attracted to Asian men so much becuase I _am_ partly Asian.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 04:55
Figuring out the mind of a girl is the hardest thing in the world.... give me a book on theoretical linguistics and I can learn it but girls....

I am female, and I have to agree with ya there! There are times when I find myself going down some path of logic I had not ever intended and I have to say "Whoa, girl!" But that is one of the essential differences between men and women. The beauty is that the different ways of thinking actually complement each other- at least my friends who are couples and have been for years tell me that

I would imagine I am the oldest person answering this post... anyhoos, I can remember one discussion in college when an Indian friend of mine asked me what I thought would be the ideal guy. I told her flat out, and she said I would never find a guy like that. As I am single, it would seem she is right. In all those years, though, I have run into more than a few guys who match the description but they were taken. I think being in the right place at the right time is maybe the most important factor of finding your ideal mate.

I remember when I was in high school and college, all those Elijah Wood like nerd boys my age who were my best friends and who also happened to love sci fi and outdoor adventure/hiking/camping/foreign travel/horseriding were lovely best friends but never seemed to notice me as being female and kinda interested in being more than friends. They always dreamed of the popular fashion model type girl that all the guys dreamed of. They outgrew it, but I had long moved on- perfect example of being in the right place at the right time.

Yeh, for me I like the outdoorsy intellectuals with a good set of ethics. Not a lot of outdoorsy nerd boys out there, it seems (most I meet these days are from rural Scandinavia or places like Alaska and the Pacific Northwest) but they are really interesting people, and I enjoy talking to them when I meet them in my travels.

Physically, it seems from reading this site that dark hair and large blue eyes is a big thing- that actually fits with what I have studied in biology- apparently research says women go for dark haired blue eyed guys. Dark hair and dark eyes is a big combination as well. Just look at how many male actors these days happen to have dark hair and blue eyes...

I guess I break the mold. I always liked blond haired and red haired guys myself or strawberry blond hair, and I like green eyes and blue green eyes. or light hazel eyes.

Interesting comment about the humor as well. I think that is a big factor. It is not so much to do withhow much a guy talks but with what he says. Some of the guys I know with the best sense of humor are very shy and soft spoken, but when they make a joke they are brilliant at it!

I read also some biology research that surprised me. It seems there is a physical attribute about women that men find really attractive. It is not what you would first think it was... it is how a woman smiles. I really hope that is true. It sounds so nice.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 09:33
Hmmm... I like computer nerds, oddly. Skinny, glasses, etc. I like the intellectual guys. But eyes are really hypnotic, sometimes. I liked this jerk for the longest time just because of his eyes.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 10:07
I like women who aren't full of themselves, and are based in the real world. No tons of makeup, but knows how to accentuate their looks in subtle ways. I have to say I preferr a dark complexion as anyone I ever was serious about have been so.

Dream-Giver, I like your White Feather avatar by Lee Bogle!

[Edited on 8/31/2004 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 01:02
I like women who aren't full of themselves, and are based in the real world. No tons of makeup, but knows how to accentuate their looks in subtle ways.

Hear, hear!

Physically, it seems from reading this site that dark hair and large blue eyes is a big thing- that actually fits with what I have studied in biology- apparently research says women go for dark haired blue eyed guys. Dark hair and dark eyes is a big combination as well.

Well I suppose that's great for me then . Now if only it was guaranteed to work

It is not what you would first think it was... it is how a woman smiles. I really hope that is true. It sounds so nice.

I find that to be very plausible.
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 01:22
A guy with a good sense of humor even if he's quiet for personality attractions. Someone who can laugh is just more fun to be around and better for your own outlook. It affects you.

Looks....dark hair is most preferred but some blondes have it, just specific on them. Any eye color. Hands....strong hands that can touch gently and firmly (I know that's a contradiction). Leaner, not overly muscular. Nice shoulders and neck...don't know why.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 03:35
I like women who aren't full of themselves, and are based in the real world. No tons of makeup, but knows how to accentuate their looks in subtle ways.

Thank you so much for that! I have been criticized by guys because I am too down too earth and do not wear enough make up and designer label clothes. I know they are trying to help out with suggestions, but I do not agree witih them. I wear make up but I use it to work with what I have not to show I wear make up. I do not feel it is comfortable or healthy to your skin to be covering it up in lots of goop. Plus I cannot afford to dress like a fashion model- I dress more European in style, but definately not high fashion European. Nice to know every guy out there is not looking for Vogue magazine.

And, Brandi, I agree with you on the touch issue. I do some massage therapy for friends as practice from my lesssons in that field, and it is ideal to be able to be both gentle and firm when you are working on someone. I think a lot of women like men who have a good ability with touching and showing they care that way. I did not think about it when I wrote the last post, but I also like men's hands. Some of them have really beautiful hands- strong yet gentle. For ex- Sean Astin does. One of my favorite images in RotK is of Sam waking Frodo up on Cirith Ungol just before Frodo sends him packing. You do not see anything of Sam but his hands, but in that one gesture with the strong but filthy and scarred hands of waking up his friend you can see how exhausted and worn he is but how he puts that all aside for his friend.

Funny thing to mention- after I made that comment about the outdoorsy intellectuals I had a dream last night about meeting an old friend of mine- a guy from Alaska I met in college in grad school in Wisconsin (and he was blond haired with blue green eyes. Sigh). He did meet a very nice lady who was perfect for him. Funny that I should have dreamed about him again. He was older than I remember him to be, and he seemed to be very happy with his life. It makes me wonder about the power of dreams.

I have also had recurring dreams for the last 15 years or so about meeting a guy who had red-gold hair and large blue grey eyes. We both are leaning against a stone wall and talking together, looking out over the ocean. We are speaking a language that is not English and the feeling I have is of warmth and enjoyment. Strangely enough I have found that sea wall years later when I was cycling on a bike path along Ægissíða in Reykjavík, Iceland. And I know now the language I was speaking was Icelandic. Have not seen the guy yet but I keep dreaming about him. Strange, huh?

glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 03:00
But that is one of the essential differences between men and women. The beauty is that the different ways of thinking actually complement each other- at least my friends who are couples and have been for years tell me that

Isn't it beautiful? I've seen it with good friends, too, who can just bounce ideas perfectly off each other. I can do it with one of my friends (he's a guy) sometimes (when we've both gotten a full six hours sleep, and aren't really caffienated, say- but that crosses out about half our lives)-- but I don't think it's always gender-specific. I've seen two guys or two girls who can do it (wish I could come up with a noun instead of a pronoun, but I can't)-- or more, not just couples (in all interpretations of that word).

Thank you so much for that! I have been criticized by guys because I am too down too earth and do not wear enough make up and designer label clothes. I know they are trying to help out with suggestions, but I do not agree witih them. I wear make up but I use it to work with what I have not to show I wear make up. I do not feel it is comfortable or healthy to your skin to be covering it up in lots of goop. Plus I cannot afford to dress like a fashion model- I dress more European in style, but definately not high fashion European. Nice to know every guy out there is not looking for Vogue magazine.

Ditto! Thank you! Everyone, I'm talking girls and guys here, who are my age are always wearing Abercrombie & Fitch (and a lot of it is laughable-- I saw a "Proud to Farm" quote unquote vintage tee, and I was like, "You've never seen a farmer, have you?"), or t-shirts with parodies of that, or shirts that say "I :heart: [celebrity]" and at my old school, people seemed to realise that I'm gonna wear what I'm gonna wear, and I don't really care what they think, and if they complain I'm just gonna go wierder-- but I'm not brave enough to do it at my new school, especially with the creeking that happens here sometimes and I know I'm pretty tall and quite strong-- but seniors are a lot stronger. Okay, I'm really digressing here.
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 01:05
Everyone, I'm talking girls and guys here, who are my age are always wearing Abercrombie & Fitch (and a lot of it is laughable-- I saw a "Proud to Farm" quote unquote vintage tee, and I was like, "You've never seen a farmer, have you?"), or t-shirts with parodies of that, or shirts that say "I :heart: [celebrity]" ...
Umm... :blush: I've printed out these "I:heart:Fëanor" stickers and I've been wearing them constantly since I printed them... that doesn't count, does it?
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 02:29
no way! I was talking more like "I :heart: Ashton" (who if you ask me looks like a rat) or "I :heart: Orlando" (which isn't that bad but is taking "Wear your heart on your sleeve" way too literally).
Personally, if I saw someone walking about wearing "I :heart: Feanor" I'd probably ask them where they got it. Feanor is AWESOME!!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 06:15
Okay, thought of a new subtopic: What do you guys/girls think of quirks? I'm talking piercings, dyed hair, tattoos.... etc.

Personally, I rather like ear piercings, especially there's this one style, that's like almost a ring, but not quite meeting; each end has a little bead on it-- it looks a little like a horseshoe with the top of the arch passing through the skin. (I'm getting a pair myself as soon as I work up the nerve, in my upper ears) Eyebrow/tongue/cheek/lip sorta gross me out, but for some reason nose piercings don't bug me (like on one side, not the ones that imitate bulls' rings.)
Tattoos are cool, but I've never really thought of them as augmenting a guys' looks. I suppose it depends on the guy: I've seen some really cool ones that helped his looks... but then I've seen some rather disgusting ones too.
As to dyed hair: Natural colors are fine looking (unless it's like all gross cuz the dye was left in too long), and I rather like slate blue and dark red and green/blue for some reason... ;P lol

You guys?
Aiyana
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 08:35
Interesting topic... Concerning the looks, I like honest eyes, and for some reason I always look at his hands, the way he moves them. I've discovered you can read a lot from that, e.g. people who play the piano move them differently than those who don't.

Character: Good sense of humour but I have te be able to talk seriously too.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 05:45
physically, I tend to notice voices right off. The right voice can reduce me to a quivering puddle. And hands that are well-shaped and graceful. Nice, warm eyes are good too.

character-wise, someone that is quietly self-assured in an unselfconscious way. Gentle and kind to people, smart and has a sense of humor about himself....doesn't take himself too seriously.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 11:59
Personally, if I saw someone walking about wearing "I :heart: Feanor" I'd probably ask them where they got it. Feanor is AWESOME!!
Lol, want a sticker? (I've been handing them out all over the forums )

Tattoos and piercings are okay, I don't really care either way (as long as they're on someone else), until I start thinking about it and realize that this guy has a piece of metal sticking through his skin into his body. I have my ears pierced and I when I stop to think about it, it's so weird that I permanently have these holes going through my skin.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 12:09
I do think it's odd, that some people have a "set" of standards for their "dream" lover. eg. Blue eyes, tall, dark, handesome. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I just don't have a set of standards except for two things that I really like:
1)When a guy can play volleyball (and I mean well). Usually those tall, lanky guys.
2)Noticable eyes/smile/laugh

I know #1 is odd...but some men just look so sexy when they play. I'm obsessed, I know.

Aiyana
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 02:57
It's not like I had rules what my dream guy has to look like, but I've realized that it's always the same kind of guy that I think is attractive. So far I've only met one blonde guy I liked
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email