Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
You just defined my sister, Gandolorin. Hehehe.
And I take her as an example of "what not to do". It can't be good to be in a situation like that.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
What attracts me most about the opposite sex? mmm ...... height (I never date anybody under 6'3", which is exactly a foot taller than me) and I do love a natural intelligence, providing quickness of wit and understanding.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said:What attracts me most about the opposite sex? mmm ...... height (I never date anybody under 6'3", which is exactly a foot taller than me) ...

E-S, you may just have solved the riddle behind a breakup of mine in late 1979.
She was also 5'3", I was 5'11", and a common friend of ours was 6'4". (I'm certain I've shrunk since then, you don't gain 40 lbs with no effect ).
They ended up marrying.
Hmm. Also, I'm 5 years older than she is, her hubby is 13 years older.

Of course, those were not the only reasons, but your mention of height differences made me remember (it could occasionally be amusing).
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
It does boggle my mind to think that maybe I have already met the guy I will marry. I have never dated anyone, so I'm nervous around guys and I don't know how to act around them. I didn't have any guy friends growing up, so that may explain some of it. My mother is also very strict when it comes to boys, so this is uncharted territory for me :/ but I do need a guy who is respectful of his elders, takes responsibility for his actions, is pursuing God with all his heart, and will love me for who I am.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
You're still young. ^^ It will happen when it has to, so don't worry about it.
Every girl [or most girls] has that period in life where we are nervous around boys. I got past that acting around them as I acted around my brother. They are just guys...Nothing abnormal about them. They're just people like us girls. I learned not to see them as "omg boys" but just regular people. You could try that, it may help.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, there's EVERYTHING abnormal about guys XD hahahahahaaa they're insane!!!
but seriously, i agree with Sam. It kind of boosts my spirits to know the guy I'm gonna marry is possibly as close as he is!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Me as well! I only have two close guy friends that I can think of. But, you never know, I could become close friends with someone in a class next year or the year after, or in college or work. As long as he loves God and will always follow Him, than that's fine with me.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
My manager at work was bugging me about never having a boyfriend. I told him that a lot of boys are jerks. He said that I needed a man. I said I haven't found any good ones. And then he shut up. Sometimes I don't know why I'm so surprised that people almost expect you to leave a trail of broken hearts everywhere. Most people I know will date people simply because they can't handle being single. I heard this cool quote once: " Fall in love when you're ready, not when you're lonely." Cool , huh?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Very! Don't worry, someone will show up when your ready.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Sam, just don't feel like you have to separate yourself from guys because you feel nervous around them. They're awesome to talk to, probably better than girls. The more you talk to them and be around them without feeling weird, the less you'll want to avoid them. And soon, you'll have girl friends and guy friends (not like the dating way, you know what I mean). I mean, I'm only 13 and I have friends that are guys and will probably have a better chance of being able to talk to them in the future. (OK this is awkward, I'm giving advice to a 19 year old when I'm 13……).
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
lotrellesar94, you are 19? How old is your boss? You telling him the boys you know are jerks and then he tells you that you need a man seems like an improper thing for him to say to a young lady. Your manager has no business worrying about you not having a boyfriend.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
Indeed, Lidarielwen.

Unless he is considered a close friend, I guess.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
My manager is 20 He can be a bit...bold sometimes. I don't take his advice too seriously because he's already made a lot of poor choices and is already a father, unmarried.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Where I come from, if a guy says you need a man, he is talking about himself.

I answered this question long ago, on page three, and my answer remains the same.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, you hit it right on the button
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
What attracts you most to the opposite sex?

Legs, hips, eyes, hair, hands, fingers, how they dress... not necessarily in that order.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I wish guys were more polite around here. Im going to copy and paste a story about what happened to me in school one day into here. It relates, no worries.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Taken from the Guys Vs. Girls/Politeness Factor thread in The Prancing Pony Forum:

Me:
...In school the other day, I was on the bridge that connects our two main buildings, and some guy literally pushed past me so fast that he bumped me into a table, causing me to drop my binders. The jerk kept walking. I had a guy friend with me who said a few choice words on the matter, but still.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I understand that some guys are jerks. But not all of them are. I just choose to ignore the ones that are!
I've been putting this whole dating issue to the back of my mind. I'm not gonna stress myself out more worrying about it. God will send me the right one when he's ready, not when i think i am.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Have any of us had a guy friend whom we have a crush on?

Confession-session, everybody.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I'm am so happy to see that there are many other people here who share my convictions. I do my best to keep them, but at times it can be hard. I love Lotrelessa94's quote.
Ok, looks like there are more girls here than guys lol. How do you handle it anyway?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Alexanda I love it here, too! CoE has become my second home, and the people here are an extension of my family. For me, CoE comes before Facebook and texting and all that other stuff. The people here are so much less dramatic and so down-to-Earth. I love it

I don't have any guy friends. Well, hardly any. And I don't have a crush on any of them. Most of the guys that I do crush on are ones that I'd have a hard time working up the confidence to talk to. I'm an introvert naturally, so it's a struggle for me
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You mean down to Middle Earth, Ele.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, Maxam. I agree with you, Elessar. The people in CoE are great!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I probably have met more friends here in the first three months of my being here than in any amount of time in my social life. Oh, well. At least they are good friends.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Ahem... Don't forget, this is about what you find attractive in the opposite sex. While I am truly appreciative of the fact folks find this place a good one to come to, let's try to stay on topic? And watch out for those single word replies, too? Thanks!

Edited because my thought train got derailed and caused a very strange sentence! Oy!

[Edited on 02/24/2014 by BelleBayard]
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I will get us back on topic, Belle.

Well, I've said some of these things before, but I really like when guys are funny. Like having a hint of sarcasm. They also have to be pretty comfortable with me. I like when guys are crazy or weird, like me. This is probably just me, but I think guys are WAYYYyyy more attractive if they're an artist or if they are musical in some way.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When I lived in Ohio, I hung out with a great group of friends...there had to be at least 30 of us...guys and girls, equally. I always enjoyed talking to the guys, I found the conversations more interesting. My best friend, Kathy, and I were laughing one night about the guys and I said this great thing, "I love all my men, for different reasons." Every guy I know, brings a different quality to the table.

But you know, the guy who makes you laugh. The guy who remembers what songs you like. The guy who asks how your day was. The guy who makes you see beauty in everything. The guy you never have trouble talking to. The guy who has his own interests and loves life. The guy who makes you a better person just because he is in your life. The guy who, above all else, is your friend. That's the guy.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^^ TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THERE LIN ^^^^
That pretty much PERFECTLY described what I want in a guy!!!

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
And those guys are out there waiting, just waiting for the right girl to come along.

The girl who makes him laugh. The girl who remembers what songs he likes. The girl who asks how his day was. The girl who makes him see beauty in everything. The girl he never has trouble talking to. The girl who has her own interests and loves life. The girl who makes him a better person just because she is in his life. The girl, who above all else, is his friend. That's the girl he is waiting for.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Now I'm depressed again For the record though, I've found over the years that I pay attention more to how they act, not how pretty they are. Talking about ladies here btw. So yea, if I start to like a girl, its not cause she's cute (that may help, but still), its because I saw her do something that really impressed me and made me think, "That's the kind of lady I could be with for the rest of my life. The kind that isn't perfect, but no one is perfect. The kind of person that would make me want to change my crappy lifestyle just to make her smile."
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ Hahahaaa, thats sweet ^^^
I wish more guys were like that!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
EthelynnGreenleaf said:I wish more guys were like that!

Two problems: guys have a much higher level of testosterone (the most dangerous molecule in the known universe) - exception, I believe, being the spotted hyena, the most decisive matriarchy in the mammal kingdom (or whatever the term for that level is), and, contrary to popular opinion (meaning uninformedness) one of the best hunters (in packs) of Africa.

That's the genetic part. And then, speaking of ourselves (pan semisapiens - not the official name but one I consider much closer to the truth), there are so many societies that encourage guys in their natural tendency to overestimate themselves. Not to put too fine a point on it: mamma's boys, spoiled brats.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Very true, Gandolorin. And then the ego gets in the way.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email