Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TurinGwoheyuloi
Headmost Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
Post RE: What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: February 01, 2011 06:15
Hmm, when I was younger my ideal guy had long, straight dark hair and dark green eyes...the one I have now looks nothing like that. I guess I go more for personality than looks. Somebody I can lean on, who's good at making me laugh and not take myself so seriously.

I absolutely adore accents, though. There's this one boy I know whose accent is this funny mix of Romanian and Spanish. So cute! :love: If only I could transplant that voice onto someone else...
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2011 01:07
Brown or green eyes. The guy I like has green/grey eyes and they are intruging. I also like black or blond hair and they have to have a good personality, character, and a sense of humor. That's what is attractive to me.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 10:04
LOL, I don't have any serious crushes right now (and I'm a guy) but I like girls who are nice and caring...they don't have to be stunningly beautiful, though pretty is nice...I do have the problem of girls liking me though, I have some very good sneak away from a embarrassing conversation techniques if anybody wants them...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 12:10
Really? I'd LOVE some! I always get uncomfortable talking to people because they LOOK at me and I feel like I have something in my teeth or my mascara's smudged or something embarrassing.
And I think it's great to find a guy who isn't concerned only for physical qualities. And I think it's important to find someone you are physically attractive to, but that not be all their basing their affection on.
There's a guy I like; he's really sweet and nice, thoughtful, and well read but he's got tattoos all over and numerous piercings and a cigarette always hanging out of his mouth and all in all, he isn't a movie star, but I like him anyway because of the way he treats me and other people and works hard and is a really great guy and I grew to like the physical qualities about him that aren't so attractive.
If more people based their opinions on character instead of physical, there would be much better relationships.
Even celebrities. I used to be fanatic about Brad Pitt until him and Jennifer Aniston split and that changed my whole opinion on him. So it's also important to see celebrities the same way. Anyone else agree?
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 11:30
For Caden, and anyoen else with the same difficulty...

My techniques for getting away from embarrassing conversation:

1. This one doesn't work unless you own a cellphone.
"Excuse me, my cell is vibrating and it might be my parents. I'd better answer it." Turn and walk away quickly while pulling your supposedly vibrating cell out of your pocket.

2. Signal to one of your close friends to motion to you, giing you and excuse to leave...doesn't work if you're away from your friends.

3. Use only as a LAST RESORT. Turn and run for the nearest crowd or exit!!!

I totally agree about the looking at the character, instead of always looking at the physical...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 11:37
Not to critisize you or anything, but I wouldn't be able to get past the piercings or the cigarette...just me I guess...
Really? I'd LOVE some! I always get uncomfortable talking to people because they LOOK at me and I feel like I have something in my teeth or my mascara's smudged or something embarrassing.
And I think it's great to find a guy who isn't concerned only for physical qualities. And I think it's important to find someone you are physically attractive to, but that not be all their basing their affection on.
There's a guy I like; he's really sweet and nice, thoughtful, and well read but he's got tattoos all over and numerous piercings and a cigarette always hanging out of his mouth and all in all, he isn't a movie star, but I like him anyway because of the way he treats me and other people and works hard and is a really great guy and I grew to like the physical qualities about him that aren't so attractive.
If more people based their opinions on character instead of physical, there would be much better relationships.
Even celebrities. I used to be fanatic about Brad Pitt until him and Jennifer Aniston split and that changed my whole opinion on him. So it's also important to see celebrities the same way. Anyone else agree?
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 01:26
Legolasxxxxx I don't really see all that when I look at him. Sure, it was a turnoff at first, but who am I to judge? I'm sure there are things about me that aren't very appealing, but he ignores that about me so I owe him the same.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2011 10:54
k, does he like you??
Legolasxxxxx I don't really see all that when I look at him. Sure, it was a turnoff at first, but who am I to judge? I'm sure there are things about me that aren't very appealing, but he ignores that about me so I owe him the same.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2011 12:21
I think he does
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
on: April 02, 2011 05:17
YAY! For Caden then...

The thing about a guy that most interests me is their brain, not the actual brain but their intellect. (Though the brain does interest me as well, I do want to be a neurosurgeon.) I love intelligent, well-read guys. I'm a sucker for brown eyes, but I love any, because they are the windows to the soul. They have to like LOTR and Tolkien or it will never work. (That gives the majority of guys little to no chance with me...ha ha ha.)
I tend to like people older then myself, but if they are the same age as me they also have to be of the same maturity level.
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2011 10:56
thats a start...hmmm
I think he does
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2011 04:49
YAY! For Caden then...

The thing about a guy that most interests me is their brain, not the actual brain but their intellect. (Though the brain does interest me as well, I do want to be a neurosurgeon.) I love intelligent, well-read guys. I'm a sucker for brown eyes, but I love any, because they are the windows to the soul. They have to like LOTR and Tolkien or it will never work. (That gives the majority of guys little to no chance with me...ha ha ha.)
I tend to like people older then myself, but if they are the same age as me they also have to be of the same maturity level.

Hahaha, thanks! we're FB buddies now, so that's a start! level of maturity? not likely unless they're ooooooold! most of the guys i know are 18-31 and NONE of them are mature, except for two I know, but they both think i'm super weird. one is 22 and the other is 26, and even then they arent exactly the poster children for maturity lol.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2011 05:00
thats a start...hmmm
I think he does

I also found out a few days ago he's also Christian which is good. He just has a slightly backwards idea of how to be one, i guess. As you do, i also seem to have a problem with guys liking me. I try to be friendly and inviting to just about everyone who tries to talk to me, but it always end up the same way...they think an invite to chill out with me and my friends is a proposel or something! I had a guy from waaaay out yonder who was about to pack up and move to my state, some 800 miles away after 25 hours of knowing me and five days via email! people cant get the hint i'm not really interested in them and the ones who i AM interested in always just decide i'm a really good buddy! MAN! i dont think i'm EVER going to get married, just live with my best friend and have a hundred cats or something! hahaha, i can picture that before i can picture myself standing at an alter!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2011 09:16
I am already married, but for me, when I was looking , I looked for guys who had alot of the same interests, beliefs, humor, and personality that I did. I do not get along well with guys who are opposite of me, so that was an important aspect when searching for the right guy. Me and my husband are very similar, but of course we are also different, but that just makes it interesting. It's nice to be able to agree on most things though.
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2011 04:51
I go for guys with long hair, narrow faces and who would have similar hobbies and interests to me.

Which explains why I married a balding, rounded-faced guy, hehe.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: March 20, 2012 10:15
I guess what attracts me most to a girl is someone kind, and understanding, and with simular hobbies to me.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lanyare
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2012 03:24
I love Striders... The ruggedly handsome, outdoorsy type. Long hair (preferrably dark) and stubbles.

But more importantly, it has to be someone who I can be myself with, and who makes me feel like he cares. A guy that makes me laugh, and also someone to cuddle with.

Much like the guy I've been dating for 13 years now. Granted, his hair has, meanwhile, been cut short (VERY short), but the stubbles are still there, he has the most amazing brown speckled with green eyes, and the cutest smile. And he's trustworthy, responsible and caring.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:40
He must know all about the works of Tolkien and tell me stories. He will tell me his deepest secrets and he will make me laugh and laugh with the surprising things he says. He must say my name. Over and over.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 12:26
She must have a sense of humur, kind and a lot of things in common with me
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 05:48
Agreed Lindarielwen! He must know about Tolkien! He has to be Christian and he has to be nice and funny! lol but i am only 11, so i have a while!
lol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 08:09
Yes, you have a while since you are very young. Take your time, Little One.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 11:33
I shall indeed!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 06:28
Uh...blue eyes. Thats pretty much it for appearance. But I like a guy to be funny, not serious. That bugs me.....
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 02:52
Quote from Legolas23 on January 25, 2013, 15:48
Agreed Lindarielwen! He must know about Tolkien! He has to be Christian and he has to be nice and funny! lol but i am only 11, so i have a while!
lol

Cute, lol. I don't even remember being 11. x__x

Quote from Lindarielwen on November 24, 2012, 16:40
He must know all about the works of Tolkien and tell me stories. He will tell me his deepest secrets and he will make me laugh and laugh with the surprising things he says. He must say my name. Over and over.

That is deliciously romantic.

~~

She most love God with all her heart. We must be able to encourage each other in our faith and challenge each other to grow. She must be able to put up with my introversion, which tends to manifest itself in obsessive fascinations on various interests. She should seek adventure and desire to understand the mysteries of the universe.

As for physical features:
  • I love eyes. Blue, gray, or brown, especially. Regardless of color, eyes that hold their own inner spark when we make contact cause my heart to palpitate.
  • Also smiles. A smile is the most beautiful feature of a woman, hands down.
  • And hair. I prefer long hair to short, and I love natural red hair but also like blond and brown.
  • I'm mostly attracted to women with lighter-toned skin, but it is not at all a deciding factor for me. More often than not, though, the cultural norms and behaviors associated with particular ethnic features is more of a turn-off for me than the actual attractiveness of the person.
  • And though I am not very fit myself (working on it!), I do find fitness more attractive. It's not very fair to have this as a criterion when I don't qualify myself, but I can't really help being attracted to it.

But appearance comes second to the personality and character traits I mentioned at the start.

Any takers? XD
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 11:10
Haha Cillendor that was very amusing As for guys....hmmmm. He should love God and put Him first above everything else, even me. That will ensure that his priorities are straight, and he will treat me with the respect that God commands. He definitely needs to be a Christian, because then we will have the same set of values and beliefs to live by, so we will be able to agree with each other when dealing with moral issues. He should probably be a HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEE Tolkien fan so we can speak Tolkienese (I just made that up ) together and even Elvish together. LotR has become a huge part of my life (the non-social part because my friends seem to think I'm a little nuts about everything Tolkien) and I would love to be able to share that interest with him. Not a must, though. But he will get extra credit for being a fan of Tolkien! I would love him to be creative, either in music or art, because those are more of my social interests. I play a bunch of instruments, and music is huge to me because I express my love for God through it. Guitar is my favorite. I also do a lot of art, digital and manual, so art is another way to express my feelings and is an outlet for me as well. It's also what I'm going to college for.

As far as physical features, there isn't really a certain list.... throughout my list of crushes is a bunch of different dude stereotypes Tall and dark, blond and blue-eyed, strong and silent, class clown, the list could go on and on. It's the heart I'm after, not the outside appearance (although looking like a stud muffin sure couldn't hurt ). I think after you fall in love with someone's heart, the surface appearance shouldn't matter as much, although you should definitely be attracted to someone physically. So yeah, that's my little blurb about dudes. Take it or leave it
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 03:30
I think you're right, but my youth pastor said something about appearance once that almost surprised me to hear him say. He was specifically talking to men, because men are much more visually oriented.

He said that if a man doesn't find a woman to be beautiful, he shouldn't marry her. Granted, some men may truly love a girl's heart and not care about looks, but a man who admits that his girl isn't all that pretty has no business marrying her. Why?

Because she will know it—even if he never says it—because of what he doesn't say. And she will be torn down by this and wounded in spirit if she knows that her husband doesn't find her beautiful. She will always feel threatened by other women and feel the need to compare herself to them.

He told me that he knew guys in his seminary who would say they were thinking of marrying their girlfriends despite not finding them attractive, and he thought that was cruel of them. Their intentions were good, of course, but in the long run it could potentially cause problems in the marriage.

So that is my opinion on the matter. I don't know how girls think in regards to looks. I know they say that girls aren't so visually wired, although I'm sure it is different from girl to girl, but the average guy should not marry someone who he does not find absolutely breathtaking.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 08:28
Hmm, that is interesting. I suppose I would have to agree.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 08:06
Oh, how happy I am to be female!

I am a Sagittarius and I will tell you one thing that does not attract me to a man and that is if his zodiac sign is Taurus.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 06:43
PERSONALITY MATTERS MOST!!!! I love with the heart, not with the eyes, so I fall HARD!!!!
But I LOVE a guy who's funny, charming, a gentlemen, has a great laugh, and an awesome smile. i also want him to be taller then me and have blue eyes
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2013 06:13
Oh yeah! He has to be a gentleman and treat me right! lol.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 12:55
Quote from Lindarielwen on March 15, 2013, 06:06
Oh, how happy I am to be female!

I am a Sagittarius and I will tell you one thing that does not attract me to a man and that is if his zodiac sign is Taurus.

Really? What if he just refused to tell you when his birthday was until after you fell in love?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 09:03
Talking about your Zodiac sign is one of the first basic "icebreaker" conversations you have when meeting someone new. If a guy refused to tell me when his birthday is, my interest would stop at that point. And how foolish would it be to fall in love with someone who doesn't tell you something so simple as a birthday?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 10:46
I suppose that's true about not telling your birthday But would his zodiac sign really influence your relationship? I'm pretty sure that his birthday wasn't the single influence in shaping who he is and what his personality is. Just because my birthday is September 4th and I'm....hold on.....I have to look it up... a virgo... doesn't restrict me to being a certain way. (The description that they give isn't even like me ) Maybe it's just me, but something so secondary as a guy's zodiac sign shouldn't weigh so heavily in a relationship. If you disagree, that's perfectly ok That's just what I think
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2013 05:30
Quote from Lindarielwen on April 12, 2013, 07:03
Talking about your Zodiac sign is one of the first basic "icebreaker" conversations you have when meeting someone new. If a guy refused to tell me when his birthday is, my interest would stop at that point. And how foolish would it be to fall in love with someone who doesn't tell you something so simple as a birthday?

To each his own, I guess, but I've never once asked someone their Zodiac sign. It's just never occurred to me. I don't find those things horribly reliable anyway. I'm an Aquarius, but I've only had a ~50% success rate with horoscopes. It's interesting meeting someone who does follow them. I think if I withheld my birthday, it'd be for a particular reason. If a girl didn't tell me her birthday, I'd be suspicious, but I don't think that would be cause to turn her down just then.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 01:19
Ditto what Cillendor said about a woman's smile. Totally agree.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email