Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Faithy_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: October 06, 2004 10:31
I was drawn to this thread immediately....hee hee.

I have to admit I am very shallow when it comes to guys....I like good-looking guys. Once I get to know them and find out they're a jerk then I start to dislike them, but in the beginning, I like them because of their looks. Usually, I go for the darker guys, dark hair dark eyes type thing. Like now for instance, I just got into the High School, fun fun, and there are so many hot guys, but I keep "tabs" (i guess) on the ones that really stand out....you know, I know the vitals like....their name.....which grade their in (i like three sophmores and two juniors...!) Once in a while, I fall for the total blonde boy, blonde hair, blue eyes....but as of now, I only like one golden boy.

Yep, I hope I've crystalized my thoughts for you!

edit: also, I like the bad boys.

[Edited on 6/10/2004 by Faithy_]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 04:22
(i like three sophmores and two juniors...!)

Heh, well I like one senior. Met him at volleyball camp, I'm too shy to say 'hi' to him. I'm pretty sure he remembers me. Well I'll try, just to see his reaction.

Okay, most of us are shallow to some extent. So this guy got his haircut, and I think he looked much better with a little bit longer hair. But I mean it'll grow back, just because he got his hair cut, I'm not going to stop liking him.
Aiyana
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 03:11
Go for it then, Lady~Eowyin! Say hi to him, he'll like you!

And I know what you mean about haircuts. I ALWAYS get a shock when I see a good-looking guy who had a haircut, and I need a week to get used to it...
Faithy_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 12:35
Heh, well I like one senior. Met him at volleyball camp, I'm too shy to say 'hi' to him. I'm pretty sure he remembers me. Well I'll try, just to see his reaction.

I like the guys that are way out of my reach...the tough guys, the jocks, the players......I hate my style in guys. No wonder why I still don't have a boyfriend!!

And I know what you mean about haircuts. I ALWAYS get a shock when I see a good-looking guy who had a haircut, and I need a week to get used to it...

Yeah this sophmore I like got a haircut...and it was too short! i was so mad at him. :evil: But I got over it.

Oh, and the other day, that same guy from up there ^^ was so immature.....i walked past him and he burped, then laughed afterwards......argh.

Something must be wrong with me. I like guys that laugh after they burp. Come on aren't we in High School!??!?
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 11:37
>>Come on aren't we in High School!??!?<<

High School is NOT synonymous with mature very very far from it!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 12:28
>>Come on aren't we in High School!??!?<<

High School is NOT synonymous with mature very very far from it!

*lol* Possibly more mature than, say, second graders. Remember when we used to... oh, no, not gonna say it here....:evil: But certainly not entirely "mature"-- however you define it!
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 04:11
Oh I don't think liking good looking people is shallow so much as biology. You know, breeding instincts and such. I guess that sounds funny but evolution marches on with us in its clutches. Added to the fact, that most people have their own idea of what is good looking. I mean, Ed Harris is a balding actor but I think that man is hot. lol. So embrace your likes and dislikes and just go for it.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 06:16
there's a reason for everything-- there's a reason there ain't many three armed people. They died and didn't have a lot of kids. -- so we're down to the debatable "goodlooks"... lol

Beauty himself... I like that phrase... Runner. Tan. Beautiful face-- blue eyes.... long blonde hair, unusual for my likes... but oh well. Beautiful. And the lack of a shirt most certainly didn't hurt... *dreams happily*

Let's see if anyone can make sense out of that...

Other than that. Gildor, from what you've posted in this thread, you now look exactly like my Language Arts student teacher... O.o

my mind is funny...
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 01:11
Wow there are way more girls in here than guys it seems...lol. My thing is, he has to be taller than me, so that I can wear heels when we go dancing. LOL, weird of me I know, but it just is not that much fun to dance with someone shorter than you. (My church has these awesome dance every other saturday, so I dance alot. ) And I don't care that much about how he looks, but you know there's got to be some physical attraction too. My fetish is hair. I like shaggy, flipped out hair. Don't really care about the color. Eyes are a plus. Again, don't care about the color. I don't have to have "the perfect guy", especially since there is no such thing. Really, i don't care what he looks like, my big thing is can he sing. If a guy were to sing a love song to me, I would be all his. But a lot of guys that i have liked aren't musicians, odly enough. This is probably because I'm only interested in guys that go to the same church as me, which kind of limits my pickings. LOL. But for eye candy, he can be any religion, and he doesn't have to sing. Eye candy for me is tall, a little muscley but not buff, the afore mentioned shaggy/flippy hair and gorgeous eyes/smile.
Aloriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 01:09
I have always gone for the skinny nerdy type guys.
I like a man who is intelligent and self confident, quiet and yet able to speak well. With a subtle sense of humor. I love grey eyes and long dark hair on a man. I like tattoos and jewelry/peircings on a man if they accent him rather than cover him. I have known men with wonderful tribal/religious tattoos/jewelry. I like some one with a sense of adventure/experimentation. I am more interested with the reason behind the alterations than the alterations themselves. The most important thing about a man is character. What is he like when all the chips are down? Will he fight for what he beleives in? Will he support me as I fight for what I beleive in. He could be the most gorgeous grey eyed geek in the world and if he did not have these qualities he would not be worth spending a day with let alone sharing a life with.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 06:23
I guess...I like a guy with a sense of humour. He also has to be romantic. I usually fall for guys that have super dark eyes like I do. :love: He has to be adventurous and be able to keep up with me...and he has to be supportive.
keylei_of_mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 12:41
im SO over elf and hobbit fancier syndrome. but... im still dealing with wraith fancier syndrome. im not kidding! i love their gauntlets... :drool: they are so evil its... OK!

i love fighter guys, people sorta like me who will argue for their beliefs every chance they get. someone strong (emotionally, though physically wouldnt hurt!) rocker guys r great cuz someone i can party and go crazy with and then calm and talk about problems with later, that's great! music is a great thing to have in common with most couples but its not always necessary for me!

i love philosophers to share my ideas with!!

i have a hard time dealing with little crushes cuz im the kind of person who just... is so deep and over analyzing. can anyone relate? please PM then cuz im trying to get in touch with my shallow, down to earth self. its a problem.

long hair can be hot on guys! eyes, they r great.

if guys give me compliments about my eyes, does that mean anything? (i have "rainbow" eyes.)

this guy has a little problem about going out of his way to turn around in class to look over at me... lol! he is more "out of it" than me and thats funny!

~keylei
i think most love is fake.

ok, REAL love. its gotta be pretty extreme for me. that is a given fact. i want to find a romantic who can handle me. (as my friend would say, "he betta have the best damn flameproof gloves a man can get!"
EldarChild
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 04:07
Well I love a guy with deep, dark eyes.
I seem to be falling for charming smiles and accents recently too (and curls and oh yeah they're...ahem...English accents).
Ever since I was little I dreamed about the tall/dark/handsome so I think it's normal.

I continue to belive in true love though so I never set standards regarding looks. I want someone who will encourage me to do things I wouldn't usually do. Like go jump (safely) off a cliff into the ocean in Hawaii...etc.

Weird thing is the only guy who can make me giggly (like that I've met at least) is the exact opposite of my 'dream guy'...in fact he has freckles and hazel eyes, red/blond hair, and no accent. Figure that out. And I'm usually suave around anyone, no matter how cute. I guess you could say flirting is my forte...though it is generally unintentional
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 05:17
What I love in the looks of a guy is when he has curled hair It's just so beautiful... Esoecially when it's a bit longer and thick and shiney. I like it most when it's dark, but blond can also be good.
Though it happened that I fell in love with a guy who was bald . But, his eyes and his smile... they make up for everything. Eyes and the smile mean a lot to me as well, I can just start to like a guy by the way he looks at me or the way he smiles... Smiles can be so sexy

of course I would like to find a good personality in a guy, it's really improtant to me. But that comes later, you notice someone by the way they look when you first meet them..

anyway, that was my ramble .
Nessa_Telemnar_of_Doriath
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 07:07
Intelligence,humour,taste in music and comedy.
Definately must be a fellow from England!
Long hair preferably, but short if it suits him better.
Smile!!! Eyes!!!
Someone who meows at me and makes up silly sounds..hehe
Someone I can talk to easily and create strange ideas and have discussions that I normally have with myself that don't make any sense to anyone except those participating.
Must love riddles, making riddles etc.
Jokes...and pointles silly things that just make you laugh.
But they have to be able to put up with the mass of odd and amusing anecdotes stored alphabetically in the back of my head.
Doesn't mind if I cock things up all the time,make a mess, be unorganised and generally completely hopeless.

In short...someone who likes me for who I am and who I can like back for who they are...
Angel_Of_Athens
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 09:45
This is an interesting topic. I like good hair, nice teeth. Just a good looking guy from head to toe. A good sense of humor, very sweet and caring. I go for musicians moslty...:love: especially drummers. :heart:
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 03:52
Crikey all women posting in here.

I lIke a down to earth confident girl who can keep up with me and is as caring and Loyal as I like to think I am

I have a weakness for brunettes who like football and the dark side.

Laters!!!!!!
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 08:39
Look at my sig! Besides eyes, I really like the Eowyn Type, if that hasn't been coined before... no offense to some girls, but I don't find it attractive when girls are afraid to get dirty or get hurt so much that they won't catch a ball while playing a game. I really like a balance between femineness and masculine, tilted more towards masculine, because I tend to be more effeminate, still very much a guy though.

So I like to know she can take care of herself when I am not around, and that she will stand up to me when she needs to. I know all this probably sounds weird. Luckily I have found the perfect girl for me :love: Hope she doesn't mind me saying that too much.
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 10:21
Okay I think I'll say what i like about guys.

Brains: I like a guy who's smart. Being hot is one thing, but if the guy is dumb as a stone then, well the relationship won't last long, because being good-looking is about all they have, and looks won't last.

Looks: I like dark haired guys, like Johnny Depp. I think I prefer darker guys because our family is all so blond. I don't really like hair on chests. Some women love it, but it never appealed to me.

Personality you know how you have Homer Simpson like guys who sit on the couch all day and watch TV, and you have meterosexual guys who like to look good? Well, I like a guy who's kind of in-between. They're manly, but like to look good too.

Whoa, that's long. Well, that's what I like about the opposite sex. Thank you and goodnight.
Felnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 09:43
Well im only the second guy to post here but what I look for in a girl is=

Personality - if I cant talk to her and connect in some way I just wont bother.

Dyed red hair- I have no idea why but I think its sexy as hell (I really dont know why!!!)
~Caradhriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 07:20
Good topic!!!

For me, the first thing I notice about a boy is his hair. It has to be clean. Dirty, greasy hair is a complete turn off.

Im alwasy attracted to boys with shoulder-length hair (mop-heads as they affectionately called in my little corner of the world). Shoulder-length, bright blonde hair..... mmmm.......

I just love the whole Kurt Cobain look.
~Faer_od_Arien~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 06:20
i think most love is fake.
ok, REAL love. it's gotta be pretty extreme for me. that is a given fact. i want to find a romantic who can handle me. (as my friend would say, "he betta have the best damn flameproof gloves a man can get!")
That pretty much describes me perfectly... except for the "romantic" bit... I believe romance is dead. I killed it. :evil:
As for what I look for (etc), faith (I am Christian); and right now I wish for a guy who would fight long and hard for me, and not give up at the first sign of difficulty! et: :sob:
Looks don't matter - believe me!! :twitch: :naughty: :rolleyes: You love more than just appearance!!

[Edited on 18/8/2005 by ~Faer_od_Arien~]
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 05:25
Great topic!

Looks: Tall and dark hair, but blondes go to
The first things i notice in a guy is his eyes, hair and smile... *dreaming..*

Personality: Must have humour, caring, intelligent and musical (i always fall for guys who play guitar! )
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 06:00
For the past year or so I've had a thing for guys with long dark hair. I also like them big and strong, looks-wise.

But most of the guys I date aren't on physical attraction but emotional attraction. And I guess sense of humor and intelligence are at the top of the list there.
WillowOfRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 07:12
Eyes I love eyes. Also Hair.
Lady_Dreamer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 04:38
I love guys with long hair and nice teeth. I also like a guy who is tough, funny and caring. :love:
~Caradhriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 06:31
Ah, yes of course! Nice teeth is always a must! And clean nails. I hate dirty fingernails *shudders*

Also, I wouldn't like him to be a smoker. Someone who smells like an ashtray just wouldn't appeal to me!

I don't care what religion he is, as long as he is caring and has beliefs somewhere along the same lines as me (ie. against animal cruelty, supports Greenpeace, ect.)

And of course, long blonde hair like Kurt Cobain!

Now where on Gods beautiful earth can I find myself a boy like that?????
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 01:16
For me, a guy has to be tall. I'm female, and 6 foot 3 at the tender age of 14, so a guy must be at least my height or taller.
Judging by the guys I've liked in the past, I'd say I prefer guys with dark hair, and green or brown eyes.
I prefer guys who aren't too extrovert, because I'm very introvert.
Am I too young to be talking about this sort of thing?

[Edited on 18/9/2005 by Anoria_Miriel]
Tovadda
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 05:47
Don't worry, Anoria_Miriel, I'm only 13. You're not too young. There's 10 year olds in primary seven going on about boyfriends and stuff.

I don't really mind, but I really like guys with: Dark hair, either long or spikey (but only in a certain way. Only one guy I've met spikes his hair in a way I like.) Dark eyes. I don't really like blue eyes in a boy. I don't know why. Tanned or Asian-ish is really nice, and strong without too much muscle.

Talkative is good, but he has to be mature! I can't stand all of the good-looking boys in my year - they all think they're so cool. They think making jokes at me is funny.

However, he has to be taller than me. I'm about 5foot 7-8 ish. And he has to be older than me. A good voice is nice - I'd love to meet someone who'd sing in the school choir. I like musicians - and we have our female RMPS teacher singing the lowest parts at the moment!

I'm describing one guy in particular - but I don't know him, really. He was in a couple of Drama things with me, so I know him, but he's taken - and I'm awful at speaking to people I don't know. I'm not shy - but I'm really not popular, and most people think I'm a freak, I think. Even though I try to be nice to them . . .

Er, yeah, enough rambling. Sorry. :blush:

Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2008 10:09
Okay, what I want in a guy...hmm, well, I really like black hair on guys, I think it's just awesome, but I do like dark brown or blonde hair too. =P lolz Eyes doesn't matter, although I'm partial to grey. hehe Pale skin, because I don't want to feel bad for being really pale, and I really like guys who don't have a lot of muscle. I prefer artsy guys, not necessarily sport players or stuff like that, skaters are awesome. XD

I like cleanliness, and nice clothes, but I'm not into the whole fashion thing. (polo shirts, cargo shorts, name branc stuff, etc.) A guy who likes to talk and isn't always mature is good, because I'm talkative myself and I definitely am not always mature.

And I'd like a guy taller than me, who is caring, sensitive, and who is protective. XD I also like older guys, definitely I like older guys. I'm seventeen myself, and I'm also five foot two inches, so it's not hard to find a taller guy. =P lolz

But yeah, that's what attracts me to the opposite sex. =P And if you want to see a guy with the same image that completely makes me weak in the knees, look at a picture of Alex Evans on photbucket. :drool: I <3 his hair...XD
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2008 11:52
I find it absolutely amusing that North American girls (I live in Canada, but my heritage is Chinese (Malay/Indonesian since my parents are both)) find "exotic" guys to be sexy.

Maybe it's because we have so many immigrants coming here? :dizzy: I know foreign accents are really attractive. And long hair, long hair on guys is :love:
for all that though, I really don't find myself interested in guys.

Lol, want a sticker? (I've been handing them out all over the forums )

Are you still handing them out? :heart:

Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 05:06
Tough one.
I'm a guy, and I'm into women. So I really am very much into the physical attributes of women. Legs, butt, stomach, shoulders, bust, eyes, smile, mouth, chin....all of those I study intently.
As far as the inner side of things, the eyes and smile say it all. They are the windows to the soul. I can stare into a set of eyes for 10 minutes and see most (most) of what I need to know about someone. From there, it is a matter of filling out the rest of the persona, and that takes time. But the usual stuff, sense of humour, intelligence, wisdom....are extremely important and a given.
I guess I'm sounding fairly superficial here, but oh well, that's the way it reads!
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2009 01:55
I'll list what my perfect man would be like.

Handsome, romantic, a gentleman, a christian, funny, caring, nice, will probably have blue eyes and of coarse I want us to share some stuff in common. :love:
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2009 03:59
And I'll list mine.

Tall, good looking, caring, loving, blue eyes, strong, kind, and also a Christian.

That would be the guy of my dreams.
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2010 09:47
I am attracted to men(notice I say 'men' and not 'guys'. There is a difference) that are hard working, honest, dependable, reliable, polite. And just read Pippen_Luv's post and agree. He must be a Christian.
I shouldn't just say a Christian. I want to marry a man of God.

[Edited on 3/12/2010 by IndilwenLanathiel]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email