Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
jakalova
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What attracts you most to the opposite sex?
on: April 16, 2013 07:45
Lets see here, for me it has to do with the woman herself. Looks do matter, but there is a certain look of the eyes. When I look into a woman's eyes I want to see her soul. No barriers, no filters just who she really is. Once you really know someone on that level all else ceases to matter. /soliloquy
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 08:58
Booyah! They hit me right on the nose with my astrological profile.

Aries Horoscope
"Arieses are generally bubbling with vitality and have a great sense of adventure. Pioneers by nature, they are usually the first to venture out on a risky project. For instance, when day trading first came on the scene, most of those involved were Aries.

The dynamic personality of those born under the Aries zodiac is their most attractive trait. Though they are acknowledged as daring leaders, Arieses often fall into the trap of “thinking they know better”. They have an acute sense of discernment but seldom bother to investigate the specifics of a situation.

If a good cause exists to stand up for something or resolve a conflict, Arieses will certainly rise to the occasion. Their courageous spirit compels them to put their lives on the line for others but also expect them to be infuriated with you for getting in harm’s way in the first place!

General Characteristics

Strengths:
Brave, enthusiastic, strong-minded, confident

Weaknesses:
Impatient, often entangled in petty arguments (One of my favorite pastimes lol), limited by fear-(wrong on that one!)

Charismatic marks:
Muscular build (yep!), young at heart, energetic, assertive leadership qualities (I think so.)

Physical activity (Um, YEAH!!!), spontaneity, winning (!!)

Dislikes:
Delays, being preached to, conceding defeat (yes), any form of opposition (Actually, having opposition makes you stronger)"

And yes, Image is my element.

(Image by cooltext.com : Free Graphics Generator)
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 09:42
And this has what to do with what attracts you to the opposite sex? Just asking (hint, hint... please stay on topic, folks!).
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 09:52
Sorry, started a new topic for this in Facts About Us. http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=36351#postid-507360]

[Edited on 11/30/2013 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I like a guy who is clever, but knows when to act stupid so as to not hurt people's feelings. Does that make sense?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes it does Wolfie. I like guys who are nice, creative, crazy, and Christian.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Gilrin
Council Member
Send Message
Well... I am bisexual meaning I am attracted to both. For me, it's the face that catches my attention first. as for personality... loyalty, honesty, trustworthiness, kindness, compassion and respect are must haves for both sexes

[Edited on 11/28/2013 by Gilrin]
13 Powers do the Witches claim. Their right to lineage by Hecate's name. Tie a knot and say the words, or hand on head- the blessing conferred.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
They must be creative and immune to sarcasm, or speak the sarcasm language that I do. Understanding. be willing to defend me. Be a shoulder to cry on. Be willing to be open with me, i.e. share their emotions. My husband must share my religion, but as far as dating goes for now when i ama teenager, a Christian would be nice, but...

Did you guys know that 80 something percent of people have already met who they are going to marry by age 16? So, I am now keeping a list, as I am nearing 16, and after my birthday in a month I will go down that list and...just kidding.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Lol Julia!

Mostly the first thing I notice about people is their eyes and hair. I love light colored eyes (blue, green, hazel, etc.).
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I've thought before how weird it'd be if I already knew my future spouse.

Uh...I really like humble, sweet, thoughtful guys. But not just that. I like some sarcasm (I suffer from perhaps to much sarcasm...) but not an overdose. I don't want someone easily offended. And I also like hilariousness. He needs love to laugh and smile.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, Mareth, there's a chance you already do! Are you going to make a list, too?

Yeah, I think a guy needs to be funny too...but not so funny that nothing can be taken seariously.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No. What if they found out they were on my list? O.O Jk. But no, I wouldn't make a list of guys.

Completely agree, Maxie.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Being good looking doesn't hurt but I like guys who are passionate about their interests, no matter what society thinks of them. And who don't mind that I have some odd hobbies! When they are Christian is helpful too, because it's a lot easier to date someone who has the same view of life, death and eternity as you do. It can be tricky otherwise.
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, he has to be a Christian. He needs to have the same beliefs on certain matters as I do. And he needs to have the same music standards as I do. I pretty much need a guy like my Dad.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I totally agree about the music! If they like really weird/boring music, that's a definite turn off!
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My biggest problem is that our music standards are so very different from almost everybody I've ever met...

EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmmm... well, i like when guys are funny (with SOME sense of humor). I also like if they're musical/artistic.....
IDK, i don't really have a type, as long as you love me more then anyone in the world, i don't care. You're mine
"A sprinter learning to wait."
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Right now I am all hmmm....how does one say this...I immediately look on the outward appearance (like an idiot). But I do notice the inward when I get to know ppl. And while every guy i've known wants to date some hot chick, myself included, I've actually had instances where i saw this plain looking girl, and still wanted to get to know her because of her characteristics, even tho she wasn't blow-your-mind hot lol.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I hope not all guys want a blow-your-mind-hot girl, because then I will be an old maid.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, not really, Mareth.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes really. I'm not at all "hot". In fact I'm actually cold right now... But seriously. I'll have to find a not very picky guy.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I AGREE WITH YOU MARETH!!!
I think i hate when guys are picky cuz my mom's always picky and im just SICK OF IT!!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think she agrees about guys being picky, not the first part.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lol. I actually meant I need a guy that's not picky about looks...
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
hahahaha, well that's a good thing too I want them to love with the heart rather then the eyes!
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
A guy has to have a sense of humor. If you make me laugh, you are a winner .
EruwaedhielOfRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Heheheh.... I suppose some might consider me "picky". I don't particularly care what a guy looks like (though it's nice if they don't look like an orc ). It's more personality. I like a guy who's smart, has similar interests as me, can make me laugh, and can be sarcastic. Musical is a plus as well.
I actually met "my dream guy" a few months ago and we were good friends. Several people thought he had a crush on me, I didn't realize I felt the same way though until it was too late.
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My boyfriend will need to speak the Language of Sarcasm, or else it probably will not work out.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^That's VERY true!!! I also agree with you Rowena, he NEEDS to be funny XD I consider guys boring if they don't have a sense of humor. Also, for me, he'd need to be artistic OR musical! Both would be a bonus, but he needs to have my biggest interest as one of his fortes.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone who didn't like any of that, just butting heads over things.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I could never like a guy who had NONE of the same interests as me! It's just wouldn't work out!
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, I agree with findemaxam48 on her last comment. I've noticed many people who "knew exactly" what they wanted in a significant other and fell for the exact opposite. You never know...You can't control the heart in these matters.

And as for me, I think I am one of the most picky kind of person. I want a guy who's mature enough to know when to be a MAN and when to be a BOY. I don't want the 'serious' kind, and I don't want the childish kind. I don't want someone to control or someone to obey, I want a 'partner', if you know what I mean. And in my opinion those are the toughest ones to find.

Oh well..
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^EXACTLYYYYyyyy!!!! hahahahahahaaaa EXACTLY!!!

I must admit though, i usually go for younger guys because i'm REALLY immature XD
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, or maybe you just like a "baby face" xD.

Most women like younger boys because they make them feel younger. And I'm not talking about 'old women'. That goes for women in any age. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But that's another thing in my list. NO YOUNGER GUYS. I really can't imagine myself with someone younger. Unless the guy is so mature his age surprises me. But I like older guys. Though 7 years difference is my limit. Four years older is the perfect age. *.* [Chris Hemsworth and Henry Cavill, I'm looking at you]

[Edited on 01/17/2014 by LadyElarinya]
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I believe there are some relevant statistics showing that when some people break off what is for them a bad relationship, they still later manage to “fall” for the same type guy / gal again and again, repeating mistakes (NOT a sensible thing to do – but sensible is rarely an “operative” word in such situations). Probably some (apparent) characteristic you like or love in a person (in the rose-tinted early phase), not realizing that it almost always comes bundled up with a characteristic that leads to renewed breakup later.
So if you get an uneasy feeling that you’re a repeat offender (or sucker) – you probably are, and it’s time to get some help.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email