Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wish of Simplicity
on: October 20, 2004 05:17
'I feel fine about that, i think we are all hungry here.' Larewen smiled. 'I dont know if you care to hear this, but i come from Rivendell and Gondor, it sounds a bit strange i know but i have lived in Rivendell for some time too.' she said to the girl.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 12:05
"Well, if everyone agrees, I guess we can leave now." Orfeo began to lead the girls to the tavern. He would have offered his arm, but since there were a whole troop of women, there really wasn't any point. "Howw did I get into this?" Orfeo muttered.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 12:55
Rowan smiled at Trum's answer. "She is a happy person, isn't she?" he murmered, looking at the horses. "Da says that my mother was as well." The blonde sighed, then striaghtened. "Well, I fed my breakfast to the horses, so I might as well go to the tavern for lunch."

He climbed over the fence and hesitated. "Ya wanna come along? I have enough to buy you a pint if you want?" he asked shyly. Normally he would have gone by himself, but didn't feel up to facing the villagers alone today.
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 12:42
Elfwyn's mouth split into a quick grin as she fell into step with Orfeo and the others. "I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's hungry. I would have felt awfully silly if I was..."

She let the silence take over for a bit, having nothing more to say. Curiousity allowed her to be easily distracted by things she saw every day. As they continued their walk across the village, a question sprung to Elfwyn's mind that was rather pertinent to her current situation. "Orfeo, which tavern are we actually going to? I can't say that I'm familiar with more than one."

Nothing was said by Trum when Rowan spoke of his mother. It did not seem to be appropriate to say anything then, for he had not known her. Trum was not so curious as Elfwyn, so he had no questions to ask.

As Rowan clambered over the fence, Trum began to ponder what else he would be able to do while he was waiting. In the middle of turning several thoughts over in his mind, Rowan's proposition took him slightly by surprise. "Oh! Well, I could do with something to eat as well. But hold onto your money, Rowan. If I feel the need to have a pint, I'll pay for it myself."

Moving away from the support of the fence, Trum allowed Rowan to lead the way to the tavern. As they walked, he contemplated what he wanted for lunch. After several minutes had lapsed, he voiced a though aloud. "You know, I think I'm in the mood for some beef stew. What do you think, Rowan?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 07:13
Rowan looked up at his companion and smiled. "Aye, that sounds good." he agreed, then his stomach rumbled. The boy's cheeks reddend and he scratched his head sheepishly. "Apparently my stomach agrees." he laughed.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 03:44
"You're from Rivendell?" Calia asks Larewen. "I've been there once in my life. For my wedding."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 02:08
"It's called the, er, Happy Horseshoe. Strange name, I know, but it has the best beef stew." Just thinking about it made his mouth water, as he did have rather strange greediness for beef stew which borderlined obsessiveness.

(OOC: I couldn't think of a better name. Sorry.)
Clementine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 05:15
*Arg! Sorry everybody bout being absent from this RPG for so long! School is overwhelmingly time consuming :S Anyways, here we go..."

Thalialen had been at the back of the small group that had gathered. She had fallen back into her hermit loner mode and found herself thinking about how she would explain to her family that she hadn't done enough work to bring home a piece of bread. The talk had turned to finding a tavern for everyone to get something to eat. Thalialen's cheeks reddened, she didn't have even a single coin with her. She felt so embarassed. She was surrounded by people she honestly enjoyed being with but did they feel the same towards her? She had hardly said a single word to any of them, expecially the elves.

When she had realised that the two beautiful ladies were in fact elves, her jaw had nearly fallen off. She had heard tales of these beautiful creatures who lived forever and their lives never faded. She didn't really know how to react or converse with these seemingly higher beings. It made her feel so insignificant, being mortal and knowing that death could arrive at any moment.

She continued to follow the group and chuckled every now and then, but still dreading the moment when she would have to confess her poverty.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 10:47
Orfeo noticed Thalialen was a bit left out. He causously moved so he would be walking besie her. "Why so glum? Relax and have some fun," he said. "When we get there, I'm going to get a big bowl of beef stew. What are you going to get?"
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 01:21
Calia smiles at the Thalien. "relax, I'm not that different from you. The only difference is that I'm an elf. I'm not noble. And if it's money you're worrying about, I have enough. I'll buy you something, if you want."
Clementine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 04:26
Thalialen blushed when Ofeo showed some concern for glum persona. She chuckled at his obvious lvoe for beef stew, he'd mentioned it at least 3 times in the last 5 mintues! Calia had been very perceptive and even offered to buy her something. She didn't want to sound rude and say no but she didn't want to accept her offer either. She didn't want to accept charity though she was very grateful that Calia had offered at all.
" Oh no, don't bother, I...had a big breakfast and couldn't have another bite of food..."
She hoped her lie hadn't been to conspicuous. She covered it up by quickly changing the subject, "So, how long are you all intending to stay here?"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 09:21
"Don't be ridiculous, it's past noon and matter how large a breakfast you've had, you must be hungry," Orfeo said. "Speaking of money, my aunt needs a companion. She is getting along in years and needs someone to help her run the house. The job pays well and she doesn't live far from here. Would anyone be insteresed?" he asked, looking directly at Thalialen.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 10:45
"Thalialen. I'm not offering my charity. I'm being polite, and I insist you let me buy you something!" She laughes. "I'm sorry. Elven stubborness. It runs in my family. My husband's worse. I'm going to be here a few months, anyway. And you can't survive on a big breakfeast. You must be starving."
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 04:36
((IMPORTANT: Everyone needs to go look at the OOC thread. I've posted a rough sketch of the kinds of adventure this RP will go through. Also, I need some character-reaction type things for when everything begins to unfold. Soooo...just go look already!!))

Elfwyn ignored the others for the time being, instead looking ahead of them. A sign ahead of them read "The Happy Horseshoe." She pointed happily at it, and squealed with delight, "Look, the Happy Horseshoe!" Elfwyn broke into a run, hiking her skirts up so that they wouldn't hinder her. When she was a few yards in front of the group, she called over her shoulder, "Race ya there!!"

Trum and Rowan walked in companionable silence. Trum wasn't much of a talker and it seemed that Rowan wasn't either. They soon arrived in front of the Happy Horseshoe. "Horrible name, but the food's certainly good. Come on Rowan, let's get some food into that grumbling stomach of yours."

Clapping a hand on the boy's shoulder, Trum began to steer him inside when he heard pounding footsteps approaching. Cautiously he turned to look, and saw a familiar blonde-haired woman racing towards the pub, apparently followed by several others. As Elfwyn thundered, she called a joyful "Hello!" to Trum, before entering the Happy Horseshoe with a radiant smile on her face. Trum just shook his head and went inside, remarking once more, "Always the one with the smile on her face."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 01:51
Rowan smiled and nodded eagerly as Trum clapped his shoulder. Suddenly, there was the pounding of footsteps and the two turned to see a woman and several racing towards the pub.

"Hello!" Elfwyn said happily as she thundered inside. Trum shook his head.

"Always the one with the smile on her face." he said wryly, walking inside. Rowan smiled as he followed Trum to a seat next to Elfwyn. The woman was fanning herself and grinning in a self-gratified way. Rowan blushed as she greeted him cheerily and answered hello back softly.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 04:26
Calia enters behind Elfwyn. "Hello," she says softly, smiling. She pushes back her hair to reaveal her pointed ears.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:38
'Yes, Galadriel is a very nice person. I have been in Lothlorien a few times. Its a beautiful place...' She smiled and looked at the girl. 'My name is Larewen. Nice to meet you.' And she held out her hand...
Clementine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 01:17
Thalialen smiled graciously as Calia explained her stubborness, even managing a chuckle. Orfeo mentioned something about an aunt who needed a companion but Thalialen knew the job wouldn't do, she was no good with people. Elfwyn ran ahead of them into the inn. These people certainly made Thalialen smile, and she really did enjoy the company. She was also, secretly, looking forward to a proper big meal.

Once they had entered the inn, they met Elfwyn's brother Trum as well as a young friend of his; Rowan. She politely held out her hand and mumbled a muffled introduction, something along the lines of 'Hello...Thalialen...nice to meet you both...'

She had seen Trum around the village every now and then. He, too, was a hard worker and she often saw him tending horses in the main stables of the village. Only the very richest in this village owned their own stable while everyone else kept their horses in this one stable. Thalialen's family's horse was there too though he was far too old to be of much use. However, Maewyn and Rilaren, Thalialen's younger sisters who were 12 and 5 years old respectively, was very fond of old Breor and refused to contemplate selling him.

In the tavern, everyone moved to the back of the main room and found a large table to seat all of them. The tavern itself was quite small and a very dingy place. Yet there was something cosy about the little corner where Thalialen found herself seated. No doubt the tavern was a place familiar with loud, drunken nights and brawls but at that moment, it seemed like a nice place to be. A man was slumped on the bar, already having finished at least 3 pints of ale, seemed to mumbling to himself in his sleep.
She grinned at the comical sight, then realised that she surrounded by people, and turned her attention back to the conversation.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 01:26
Once everyone was seated, Orfeo called the bartender over to take their orders. "I'd like a large bowl of beef stew!!"(ooc:big surprise!)he said proudly. "And some bread, cheese, and drinks for everyone. I want apple cider." What you guys want?" After everyone placed their orders Orfeo excused himself to say hello to his friend the cook.

Actually, it was just an excuse to get away from the girls. Their feminism was suffocating him. Although Thalailen was pretty cute....Wait! Were'd that thought come from? Orfeo dismissed it and went to see the cook.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 12:12
Larewen looked around. This was a cosy pub. Drunken men, and lots of fun. She laughed. She started a conversation with Calia. 'Is it still as beautiful as always in Lothlorien? Did anything new happened?' She smiled when the drinks were brought. She took a sip of her drink and looked at Calia.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 03:54
Calia smiles. "Yes, everything is still as beautiful as ever in Lorien. And the only difference is the wedding we had a couple months ago. My wedding. That was the only time in my life I've ever been to Rivendell."
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 05:15
((The main plot starts in my next post!! Get your comments to the OOC quickly, and make a few last posts before the journey truly begins… ))

Trum settled himself at the table, and proceeded to order beef stew as well. As for a drink, he simply ordered a pint. After all, we are in a tavern. May as well make use of it…

Elfwyn ordered something, though she couldn’t really recall what. It wasn’t important anyway; whatever it was, she was assured that she would enjoy it. While waiting for the food to arrive, she listened to the conversation and fidgeted a bit. Having nothing to say herself, they seemed to be the only options available. She cast a bored eye about the pub, hoping to sight something worth commenting on. The crowd, though colorful, brought nothing to say directly to mind. With a mind to go get a bit of fresh air, Elfwyn got up from her chair and went outside.

As she emerged from the dark pub, Elfwyn closed her eyes. The wind gently caressed her face, and she took a deep breath to get the benefit of the fresh air to the rest of her body. Feeling much better, she opened her eyes once again, only to be met with a most peculiar sight: A strange man was galloping towards the town center, very near to her own position. Wondering how she could have missed seeing this man on the horizon, Elfwyn raced to the middle of town, hoping to find out there exactly what this stranger was doing in their quiet little town.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 06:36
Orfeo arranged to have the cook send anonymous gift baskets full of Rohirric treats to each of his new friends. Then he went back to enjoy his beef stew. Everyone seemed to be in a conversation of their own, so they didn't pay much attention to him. He noticed that Elfwyn was missing. He quickly left the tavern to find her.He caught a glimpse of her runnong toward the town center before she disappeared around a building. He ran to catch up with her.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 01:10
'Wow, With who did you marry? Could it be anyone i know?' She laughed and looked at the faces around the table. Two were missing. 'Do you know where Elfwyn and Orfeo went?'
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 03:52
Calia shakes her head. "No, I don't know where Elfwyn and Orfeo went." smiles. "And you maight know my husband. Do you know Haldir?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 11:23
Larewen smiled instantly. 'Ah, i know him allright. He's a friend of mine. Not a really close one, but we can go along just fine. Wow, he's your husband? I never knew. When did you get married? Its a shame i missed it.'
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 04:14
Calia smiles at the girls enthusiasm. "Just a few weeks ago. And then Galadriel sent me here on buisness, so I haven't seen him for awile."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 01:19
Orfeo finally caught up with Elfwyn. She was standing in the middle of town staring at something. "Elfwyn, you should run off alone like that," he said. "You never know if someone has...eh, a darker purpose in this town. Enemies are still running about in this time of peace." Elfwyn didn't answer. She was still staring. Orfeo looked to what was so interesting. He saw a man in the middle of town. A stranger. "Halt!" he said. What business do you have here?" he demanded.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:11
[ i am writing a story about Aiwendil and my oher rpg characters, if you wish to read some pages, tell me.]

'Wow, you are a newly wed. And now you must go on a honeymoon[spelled right?] yourself. Can i ask what kind of buisness? And why wasnt Haldir coming with you?
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 04:24
"Just some things Galadriel couldn't do herself. And Haldir a to do something else for Celeborn. We're supposed to meet here in Rohan in three days."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 08:13
Rowan was very quiet as the others talked. He noted that some of the women were strangers and that they spoke a strange tongue...it sounded like music. Like his mother's speech.

Finishing his stew, he quietly stood and put some coins on the table, then slipped out. He was too shy to try and talk to them, although he wanted too. He wanted to know what the words he used on the horses meant.

Walking down the street, he decided not to head home right away. Father wouldn't need him for a while and he knew that Cuamin didn't like him near the wild horses.

Coming on the center of town, he saw Elfwyn. The boy stopped and nervously stared at her. He liked Elfwyn; she didn't tease him and she talked to him like a friend would. But he always found himself extremely awkward around her.

She and Orfeo were talking to a strange man. Curious, the boy noislessly drew closer, unnoticed by the three just as Orfeo told the strange man to halt.
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 01:52
Orfeo’s words made her feel slightly ashamed of her quick actions, but Elfwyn did not give it much thought. She desperately wanted to know why this man was here; seldom were there such strangers in their small town, and Elfwyn was bursting with curiosity. With Orfeo’s command, the man halted and dismounted…it seemed as if she would find out the stranger’s purpose after all.

The stranger, having located the source of the command, came over to Orfeo and bowed. Apparently this man recognized him, for next he spoke his name. “Orfeo, it is good that I find you here...My village, away to the south…it has been attacked. No one knew what to do, so I rode out to warn anyone I could…”

The man’s voice seemed to be cracking, and people were starting to look at him oddly. It was perfectly understandable, but Elfwyn wasn’t sure that it was best for the stranger to be speaking out in the open. Orfeo looked a bit disconcerted. He’s probably not used to having people break down in front of him… Hoping that she wasn’t about to do something rash again, Elfwyn piped up, “Maybe you need a drink…It could help to relax you. There’s a tavern just up the hill…”

She trailed off, not knowing what to say next. Orfeo nodded brusquely, seemingly satisfied with this arrangement. He began to usher the man towards the tavern, and Elfwyn turned to leave as well. As she was about to set off up the hill, she noticed Rowan standing by himself nearby, so she cut away from the others and went over to him. “Hello Rowan. I want to get back to the tavern before that man tells his tale, but I suppose he won’t calm down for a while…I’m assuming that you heard most of that exchange, of course. Just how long have you been standing here?”

Elfwyn smiled yet again, hoping that it would seem reassuring to him. She certainly didn't want to scare him; he seemed the nervous type to her. Rowan is always so quiet…it would be wonderful if I could finally get him to open up…
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:20
Orfeo was shocked at the man's words. An attack in the south....Easterlings lived in the south...Could they have done this? Elfwyn mentioned getting the man a drink and Orfeo nodded his consent. No telling what the man had suffered during his ride. "Yes,let's get you into the tavern and you can tell me the details there. What did you say your name was? I'm afraid I didn't catch it. Later we can see my uncle about this mess...." Orfeo spoke reassuringly to the man as he led him to the tavern.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:58
She was talking to him. Rowan's mind stopped for a moment and he just stared. Elfwyn smiled reassuringly at him.

'Say something!' his mind screamed.

"Uh...not long." he finally got out, then dropped his blue eyes as his cheeks flamed. "I...I mean, I was walking and saw you and Orfeo. Not that I was following you or anything."

Inwardly he groaned. Why did he always babble on like a fool when she was around?

"The man said something about an attack." he stated quickly. "But I thought we were at peace." Rowan dared a look upwards and his blue eyes were troubled. "Aren't we?"
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 03:33
Calia notes the disappearance of the man. "Larewen, maybe we should follow them." she suggests
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email