Register

Author Topic:
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wish of Simplicity
on: December 09, 2004 03:04
[I'm going to assume you are using Larewen right now. Correct me if I'm wrong]

Calia smiles at Larewen. "A walk would be wonderful. I'v always wanted to see this place."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 04:00
(Hey, just to let you know my comp has to be repaired so I won't be on for a little while. Please have Rowan just move with the others tho so I don't get left behind)
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 06:55
((Sorry for not posting guys, but I was waiting for everyone to post. As everyone has now posted, save Clementine, who hasn't been active lately, we can continue. And it would be great if you brought in some of Larewen's ranger friends, greanleaf! I'll tell you when we need them.))

Erkenbrand spent a long time writing his message out. He wanted to convey the information to his king politely, but he still needed the urgency to carry across. Finally, he was finished, and he went out to give the message to his nephew.

Trum sat down on a bench, his head in his hands. Elfwyn had been pleading to be allowed to go for the past half-hour. It was not that he didn't think his sister could handle it...she was perfectly capable, and he knew it. He himself did not want to go, longing instead to return to his fields, and he would not allow Elfwyn to go without him, this much he knew. He continued his deliberations, far removed from the others.

Elfwyn stood upon the ramparts of Helm's Deep, a wind swirling her hair about behind her. Tears streaked her pale face. Trum would not allow her to go; she felt it deep within her bones. He wanted to keep an eye on her, though she thought she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Head in her hands, she leaned on the wall in front of her, unknowingly taking on the posture of her brother Trum below.

Erkenbrand found his nephew outside, among the hustle and bustle of Helm's Deep. He smiled wearily at the sight of the young man. The poor boy looked a bit antsy, as if he was ready to leave the others behind if they did not soon ready themselves. This challenge shall test Orfeo, I am afraid...We shall see if he passes or fails, in time we will see.

The crowd parted obediently in front of him, and it was this that alerted Orfeo to his uncle's approach. Erkenbrand made his way over to him, and ceremoniously placed the parchment in Orfeo's hands. "Here you are boy. I expect this to get to the king with all due haste. Gather those who are willing to come with you, and then you may leave. And do remember that I am proud of you, no matter what happens."

With a slight smile, Erkenbrand left his young nephew and retired again to his chambers. Thoughts crossed his mind, wondering how events would now fall. But it was no longer in his hands. He had to trust Orfeo, and those that would gather about him.

((Hopefully that will get things moving. Trum and Elfwyn will both be coming, I'm just making them think about things for a bit. Feel free to do what you please for a while. ))
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 03:46
Calia finds Orfeo outside. "Hey, um, I don't me to bug you, but are we quite ready to leave yet? Haldir is getting impaitient and if he leaves I shall have to go with him."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 03:03
[Thats great. thanks.]
Calia and Larewen had walked around a bit in Helm's Deep, and found Orfeo. Calia asked: "Hey, um, I don't me to bug you, but are we quite ready to leave yet? Haldir is getting impaitient and if he leaves I shall have to go with him." 'Yeah i would like to get going, i cant wait to go riding again.' Larewen added with a smile.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 01:00
"I have been ready long before you returned,"Orfeo said a bit more harshly than he intended. He was anxious to leave, and he had a lot to carry on his shoulders. It was he who would have to protect and guide these young women who decided to join him, he was making an unexpected visit to the king, and to top it off, his family pride was riding on his shoulders. "Are you and the others ready to leave?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 10:38
'Umm, well..., i am, i was ready to leave when i arrived, so ummm, when are we going?' Larewen said, afraid that Orfeo might get angry.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 12:42
Orfeo smiled to show he wasn't angry. "We can leave as soon as everyone is ready," he said kindly.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 03:36
Calia nods. "Of course. I shall go let everyone know."

She comes back in a few minutes with everyone behind her except Elfwyn. "I couldn't find her," she explains when questioned by Haldir. "Shall we head out then?"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 01:24
"What of her brother? If we find him we'll find her most likely. Let's search together to save time." Orfeo and his group quickly found Trum and Elfwyn. "Well, the time has come for you to chose,"Orfeo said gravely. "Do you stay or go?"
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 04:57
((A bit impatient, are we? Fine fine, we'll now head out. ))

"Do you stay or go?"

The words echoed ominously in Trum's mind. There were so many reasons to pick either one... His thoughts jumbled, he looked to Elfwyn, hoping she would offer him some kind of inspiration. Her face was set, in a determined manner, but one look at her eyes told him that she had been crying. It broke any resolve that he had to leave the group. Sighing heavily, Trum delivered his answer. "Yes...yes, I will be coming with you. If I know my sister, I would think that she will be coming as well...is this correct?"

A smile had spread across Elfwyn's face as soon as she heard her brother's proclamation. Still, she tried to appear more somber when she spoke, as it seemed fitting when accepting such a task. "Yes, I will be going as well."

Preparations were quickly finished, and soon all were gathered at the main gate of Helm's Deep, ready to go out. Everyone mounted up, and then looked to the leader, Orfeo. He tucked his official letter into a saddlebag and tightly shut it before he kicked his horse into a trot. The gates opened majestically before them, and then the group was off, riding across the plains of Rohan towards Edoras.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 12:17
(OOC: I can't help it if Orfeo's impatient. It's his character. Also he's eager to help his country. Oh, I'm gonna be gone till the 27. Sorry.)

Orfeo rode in front of the group to lead the way. He needed to be alone, even if it only leading a group of people, he needed the quiet. What had his uncle meant? It was almost as if he were testing him somehow, but why? He pondered these questions.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 10:51
'What are we going to do after we warned both kings?' Larewen asked Calia, who was riding besides Larewen, Her husband war riding beside her...
[dont really kwo what to post now.]
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 12:21
((Sorry about the delay, I guess I just didn’t know what to write. Speeding ahead to near Edoras so we have something to do!!))

The plains seemed to stretch on forever, the horses apparently taking them nowhere. At last, the group crested a hill and glimpsed Edoras, not far away. Trum smiled indulgently. “At last, we near our goal!”

Elfwyn nodded in agreement. It had been two days travel, with rests in between riding. Never had she ridden so hard before, and now she felt weak and weary. “Let’s hurry on. The horses need rest, and so do I. To Edoras!”

With a whoop, she nudged Angren on. The stallion responded immediately, launching into a speedy gallop. Behind her, Elfwyn heard hoof-falls, and she assumed the others were following. They were now closing in on Edoras, their destination. Hopefully they would not be too late to deliver the message…

((Do what you like with the ride. In my next post, we shall reach Edoras.))
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 03:02
Calia shrugs, glancing at Haldir. "I don't know. I think Haldir is anxiuos to get back to Lorien, so we may leave. I cannot yet say."
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 05:12
((Is anyone still interested in this thread? Because I'm getting ready to give up if I don't get some more participation. Anyway, another post. My characters are now entering Edoras, and yours can be too.))

Their gallop soon became a steep ascent towards the gate of Edoras, but Angren still kept up his pace. Elfwyn looked up wonderingly at the city, the sun shining off of the thatched roofs contained within. Such a glory she had never before had the chance to behold.

Angren soon reached the top, and she slowed him down. Hopefully he would be able to get a good rest here. She heard more hooves, and Trum pulled up next to her on Bellon. He had not run the poor thing quite so hard, as the gelding had already shown signs of weariness. Elfwyn looked back towards the others, who were still down the hill. "Hurry up slowpokes, or we'll have an audience with Eomer before you're even at the gates!"

Giggling, she followed Trum through the now-open gate. Trum, having been in the city several times before, headed towards the stables. Once their horses were taken care of, they would be ready to get an audience before the king.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 03:04
Calia gazes in awe. "Wow. I remember Legolas telling us about this place at the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen, but actually seeing it? I'd never dreamed I'd see this place."
Haldir smiles. "I've seen bigger cities."
Calia nods. "Yes, of course dear. SO, which building is the palace?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 06:07
(I'm still here!)

Rowan was having trouble keeping his nerves in place. His blue eyes were wide as they rode towards the large building atop the hill. Rowan hoped he wasn't gaping as their group approached the gaurds at the gate. The boy felt slightly overwhelmed; after all, he was about to meet the king in person. He swallowed hard, rather nervous.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 03:18
Orfeo was surprised when Elfwyn sped by on her horse. He had been so deep in thought he had not noticed her. He quickly sped Elfgar on and flew passed Elfwyn. "Mind who you call a slowpoke!" he called as he raced into Edoras.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 03:06
Calia rides alongside Rowan. "Not nervous, are you?" SHe winks. "Relax. I hear Eomer is a wonderful king. Though I've never actually met him." Haldir clears his throat. "I have. He's a great king, and a kind and gentle man. Unless we manage to tick him off."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 02:42
Orfeo quickly galloped into the city to find one of his friends. Fortunately, he found him quickly. "Haleth!," he shouted, "I have urgent news for the king. It comes from my uncle, Lord Erkenbrand, Marshal of the West mark. I must speak with the king immediately!"

"Wait here," he said and rushed off. Now Orfeo waited for the others to gather in the city.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 12:56
[I am here too! I just wanted to say, this place is not where Aragorn and Arwen got married. no offence, but just for your info]

Larewen followed Orfeo's example and went to find her friend. She began to sing an old song wich was both her friends as her favorite song. She rode softly towards the house he was staying and knocked on the front door. Noone opened the door. Well, i must search him then. Then he saw Haleth rushing up the stairs. 'Haleth, just a quick question, Where is Rhuanion?' She called at him. 'He's coming back in two hours or so, he went hunting. Good to see you, bye!'
Larewen sighed, she had to wait then.

[sorry if i did something wrong]
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 09:03
(I know this isn't where the wedding took place. WHat she meant was when they were at the wedding, Legolas was talking to her about Rohan and Edoras and was telling her how amazing it was. That's all. sorry if you were confused)

Calia rides next to Larewen, while Haldir hangs back. "Isn't this place just beautiful?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 10:50
[Oh, sorry]
'Yes, it is. When the sun shines upon the palace, you'll understand why they call them the golden halls, have you ever been here before? i have...'
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 03:00
Calia smiles. "No, I've never been here, but I have a friend, Legolas of Mirkwood-you may know him-who was here during the war of the ring. He was telling me about it."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 12:30
'Oh, i know him. Not personally, but i know him.' Larawen said smiling. 'Though i would like to meet him...'
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 03:27
Calia nods. "You'd love him. If you like dwarves, that is. Gimli tags along with him all the time."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 12:03
'hehe, they are still big friends then? Do you still see them sometimes?' Larewen asked.
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:38
((Ah, I have mastered the art of disappearing. Very sorry, I had finals.))

Elfwyn handed Angren over to a stable attendant. They seemed perfectly willing to care for her horse, and she was willing to let them. Right now, there was a city to explore. Setting out from the stables, Elfwyn looked about in awe. The roof of Meduseld glinted with gold, the thatch reflecting the afternoon sun. With a grin like the sun itself, the young maiden set off through the streets, blonde hair glimmering in waves behind her.

Trum watched her go, shaking his head slightly before turning back to Bellon. He intended to personally attend his horse; he trusted no other. Carefully, Trum began to brush the gelding down. It had been a long ride, and Bellon deserved the extra care that only Trum would give him.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 11:04
Calia smiles at Larewen. "Yes, Legolas and Gimli are still friends, and I do see him occaisionally, though the last time was my wedding a few weeks ago."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 11:52
'Too bad i didn't know about the wedding, otherwise i would've been there.' Larewen smiled and dismounted her horse.
'could you give him some fresh water? i think he'd like that. Thanks.' Larewen said to the attendant.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 04:33
Rowan put Firebrand in a stall that was provided and rubbed him down. The horse snorted and tossed his head, but seemed glad for a drink and a rest. Rowan smiled, rubbed Firebrand's forehead and then walked out.

He caught sight of Elfwyn and headed towards her, following her into the city. He slipped through the people who were milling around and managed to catch up to her as she paused at a market stall. Reaching out, he gently tugged her sleeve.

When she turned, Rowan blushed. "Uh..." his hand dropped. "I just saw you leaving and well...I wanted to explore, but I didn't want to explore alone. So...if you don't mind, could...could I walk with you?"
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 06:03
Calia smiles at Larewen. "Yes, but I didn't you at the time, otherwise I'd've invited you."
She turns to Haldir. "Will you watch the horses, dear? They require elven handling."
Haldir nods. "Now I've been reduced to horse handler. Thanks."
Calia smiles. "DOn't forget, I'm in charge. Thanks Haldir."
toastedlembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 05:47
A gasp of awe was forced out of Elfwyn as she entered the marketplace. It was probably not the most magnificent market in the world, but it was far superior to any of the markets she had visited in the nearby small towns. Seeing some interesting fabrics in a stall, Elfwyn hurried over to have a look.

She was admiring a particularly good bit of green cotton when there came a small tug to her sleeve. Looking about, she noted that it was Rowan, and smiled slightly, glad of company. "Uh...I just saw you leaving and well...I wanted to explore, but I didn't want to explore alone. So...if you don't mind, could...could I walk with you?" Elfwyn's smile grew broader, and more reassuring at the same time. "Yes Rowan, that would be lovely." She returned her gaze briefly to the fabrics, before realizing that this would probably not be interesting to a man. Laughing lightly, she put an arm through his and led him away from the fabric stalls. "I can't imagine that you'd like fabrics that much. Come on, show me something that interests you."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 09:10
It soon became apparent to Orfeo that his companions had gone off to explore the city. Well, he might as explore too, since that was the only way he'd find everyone and enjoy himself in the process. Hopefully he could find everyone before Haleth returned...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email