Register

Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Orphan
on: November 24, 2004 09:14
Ooc - Wow, many people. Hi new peeps! :love:

Ic - "Suilad, Lúthiel i eneth nín." Den urged his horse forward, making to welcome the Elf maid who come so well announced into their midst but a new sound drew his attention, a horse crashing through the brush nearly masking, to his mortal hearing, the sounds of unmounted pursuit behind it.
Suddenly a wounded woman appeared out of the trees.
"I am Gailiel. We must flee. There is a band of Orcs and Wild Men behind me. We cannot fight them. Ride out."
He made to question who she was that they should follow her but decided she was trustworthy enough when an arrow whiffled past his ear. He looked back to be sure that Aireleniel was taking Anorion to safety but snapped hsi attention back to the attack when he heard yet another female voice.
"Go!" He watched as she caught an arrow aimed at her heart on her sheild.
"Take your own advice woman!" He called and spun his horse, checking that this newcomer was following suit.
Urging Nessa to the fastest pace that was safe on the rocky ground he made to join up with the rest but swerved and nearly fell as he felt a stinging pain int he back of his thigh. WIthout time to check what it was he righted hsi course and kept going, muttering curses with ever other step Nessa took.
He arrived where the others had gathered just in time to hear Celeburion enquire, "Is anybody hurt?"
"I just have a cut on my arm, but no other wounds." Luithel answered.
Den looked down at his leg and swalloed herd to keep down the bile that rose at the sight of the feathered shaft protruding from the muscle.
"It's nothing that won't heal, given time." He put in, grasping the wood and tugging, the pain that washed over him was too much to deal with on horseback so he left it be, "But that's time we don't have. I'll only slow you down. Go an ahead and, in Minas Tirith, head for the house of Halbarad. He's the child's grandsire."
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 10:19
(ooc: sorry for double posting)

Lúthiel looked at Den, and the arrow petruding out of his leg.
"I will stay with you. If the Orcs should have followed us here, you can't fight them off by yourself injured this way. And I don't think any of this group can stay behind with you, for I feel a great urgency for you to go." Lúthiel waited for someone to reply to her offer.
"My business was only to go for a daily ride threw this woods, so it would not bother me to stay." She looked at Den again, and saw pain in his eyes that he was trying not to show.
"I know of a place for you to stay, Ranger. At least until your leg can heal." Lúthiel fell silent.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 02:54
(Gailiel is a mortal woman. Sorry for the confusion.)

"This cut on my head isn't serious, but I disagree with you Ranger. I know why you travel East. I was sent here by the Lord Halbarad. His son was to arrive last week at Minas Tirith. He sent me to make sure he is ok. I see that you now carry Anorion which tells me that his parents have met some tragic end. I do not think it would be wise for us to separate, at least not for the time being. This child needs your protection, you cannot abandon him now."

ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 05:08
Breathing in deeply Elwyn dismounted her horse and walked over to the ranger who had been hit.
She offered a hand in greetings.."Mae govannen, I am Elwyn..neice of Elrond Peredhel.." she looked at his wound for a moment noticing how he cringed at times with pain.
"I think I might have something that can help you.." she walked back to her horse and opened the saddlebag, bringing out a small leather pouch. "Here" she tossed the pouch to the maid attending him, whom looked at her in bewilderment.."athelas..Elrond always tells me to bring as much as I can with me.." she winked at them and patted her horses neck...hearing that someone approached her from behind..

[Edited on 25/11/2004 by ElwynSilverleaf]
dark_strider_dragon_rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 06:16
Anarion walked up behind Elwyn and said " My lady Elwyn why are you here. Actully I don't care why your here I'm just happy that you are here. " and with that he and Elwyn gave each other a hug and then kissed. After they were finished kissing they loked around and noticed that everyone was looking at them in shock and supprise and then Anarion asked " What, did someone as a question or something? " Elwyn laughed at Anarions sarcasim, and they waited for a response from someone.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 07:23
(OOC: Hope you don't mind me signing up for this shindig. I'll just use some character I like to call Lethran. And I'm pretty sure I'm not as rude as he is, at least in real life, so that means I'm not a complete slimball and you can all like me anyways.)

The grass potruded from the ground, only to find itself trampled down against the grimy dirt. It gave the land a weathered, worn look. Probably why the elf's respect for the land had diminished so greatly. He despised of all the land that lay on the east of the Misty Mountains. It's past brought him dark memories which he had yearned to deny throughout his painfully long life, a task which he reluctantly admitted to failing miserably.
He trudged forward, dawning on the fact that every time he was forced to come through here, something crazy happened that ended up taking him all the way to one side of the world and back. He nodded...it was definately the only thing that kept him from going completely insane. But as he slowly lifted his head up to let the hair fall away from his eyes, he spotted an odd looking company halted in the middle of a well-trodden path. Obviously, they were running from something. He decided it would be the perfect chance to catch a ride with these people so he could have another reason to turn around and go back to the western lands.
The elf rode up to them, which probably seemed very strange indeed, considering the look on a few of their faces, staring at him like he was crazy for riding along all relaxed like nothing was going on. "Let's see...a few rangers, elves, and even a person with a baby. All of them injured as if they just survived a battle against a god. To say I've seen this before would be a crime against my entire existance. So tell me, what exactly are you doing? There's no way you are all out on a casual jog through the area. If your lucky I might even help out to a certain extent," he said with that gleam in his eye and the smirk playing across his face.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 03:13
Breathing in deeply Elwyn dismounted her horse and walked over to the ranger who had been hit.
She offered a hand in greetings.."Mae govannen, I am Elwyn..niece of Elrond Peredhel.." she looked at his wound for a moment noticing how he cringed at times with pain.
"I think I might have something that can help you.." she walked back to her horse and opened the saddlebag, bringing out a small leather pouch. "Here" she tossed the pouch to the maid attending him, whom looked at her in bewilderment.."Athelas..Elrond always tells me to bring as much as I can with me.." she winked at them and patted her horses neck...hearing that someone approached her from behind..

Lúthiel caught the bag of Athelas. She turned back to working on trying to get the arrow out without causing the Ranger more pain. She got it out after a few minutes, and put a rag on the wound to stop the profuse bleeding that followed. With one hand she held the rag in place, and with the other, she broke the Athelas leaves. After she was sure the bleeding had stopped, she took the rag off. Lúthiel put the broken Athelas leaves on the wound, and wrapped it.

She had just finished bandaging the wound when another horseman joined the group. She looked up to see it was a Elf, but she felt a little disturbed by the look in his eye and the smirk.
"Let's see...a few rangers, elves, and even a person with a baby. All of them injured as if they just survived a battle against a god. To say I've seen this before would be a crime against my entire existence. So tell me, what exactly are you doing? There's no way you are all out on a casual jog through the area. If your lucky I might even help out to a certain extent,"

"Why the sarcasm, Master Elf? If you might be so kind as to tell us your name, I'll let the original group decide on your offer." Lúthiel looked away from him, thinking she had had her say.

[Edited on 25/08/2004 by BlackRider1424]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 09:36
Den waited while his vision cleared and along with it the pain from the removal of the arrow. When he could finally see again and felt the warmth of athelas moving through his veins he gripped Luthiel's shoulder in heartfelt thanks but had his attention mostly turned to the newcomer.
"Why the sarcasm, Master Elf? If you might be so kind as to tell us your name, I'll let the original group decide on your offer."
"Indeed Master Elf." He urged Nessa a few slow paces forwards. "As you have so astutely observed, we are out for no casual ride and are to be forgiven for being at least a little wary." He shot a pointed glance back tot he group, especially Gailiel, "At least until somebody give out a few answers to some burning questions."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 08:04
Aireleniel looked around, still a little nervous.

"There will be time to answer question. Now we must get off the road or we will be spotted and killed. Anorion is growing restless. We have been riding for some time and he hasn't eaten. I know of a safe place nearby that could prove to be a good shelter. There questions can be answered."

All nodded. They mounted their steeds and followed Aireleniel. The new stranger(Lethran) and Anarion rode behind the company to make sure they were not followed. The came to a small cave. It was hidden from view by a great boulder which also blocked the winds. There was enough room inside for all to sit and sleep comfortably. Once they were settled and Anorion was fed his Lembas mush(used water instead of milk), the interrogation began.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 06:41
Elwyn sat on the cold dirt floor of the cave, watching Aireleniel as she fed the child. She smiled softly and look to Anarion, who was still standing at the mouth of the cavern. His eyes lay suspiciously on the stranger who had just joined them. She knew that many were probably wondering about her as well, but decided it would be best to keep her words to herself for the time being.

The stranger shifted about toward the back of the cave, all attention at the moment was on him...
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 06:03
"I guess I could be polite enough to give you my name. You see, my name is Lethran. Now that everyone knows my name, we can all open up to each other and have complete trust for everyone," He said, not even attempting to hide the sarcasm in his voice.

The elf took a seat on the most convienently close rock to him and relaxed for a few moments, his head in his hands. As he looked up, the light danced across his face, revealing his tiring age for a split second before his elvish face hid the real exhaustion inside of him. The fact that hundreds upon hundreds of years were begining to catch up with him bothered his mind greatly. In no way was he slowing down or begining to show signs of physical aging, but his mind could feel that he was no longer the youth filled person he used to be. His strength and physical abilities were practically thriving more than what they had used to, but he ultimately blamed that on the fact that he was traveling way too much and rarely stopping to rest in some village for a few months, yet alone settle down in some peaceful country.

For nearly a minute a silence lapsed across the company, clearly revealing the uneasy feeling of nervousness that plagued all of them. Lethran broke the silence, again requesting why they were taking care of an infant who seemed to be the fuel that kept the orcs after them. But he could have been easily mistaken. Orcs could have been wandering from the mountains, and saw the group as an easy target. But still, it seemed odd to find orcs chasing one individual group so relentlessly, and this far away from their lands.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 05:13
Den eased himself onto the ground, his injured leg stretced out infront of him. One eyebrow was raised and a wry grin curled the corners of his mouth.
"Master Lethran, rarely have I seen such cynicism in one of the Fair Folk. I always took it to be a human thing." He glanced over at Aireleniel and Anorion, mentally questioning why on earth he did feel such a duty towards them, "As for young Anorion, he needs to be home and safe. I know where his home is, Aireleniel has adopted him, after a fashion and the others, that's Lord Elrond's motives there." He lay back against the wall, a sudden legarthy stealing over him, yet from beneath heavy lids he still regarded Gailiel with a firey glare, "And My Lady Gailiel, I believe you have some explaining to do. I feel nothign against you personally, I merely wish to know anything that could help keep Anorion safe."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 12:36
"Mae govannen, Lethran. I am Aireleniel. This is Denethor, Valarmir, Celebûrion, Anarion, Luthiel, Gailiel, Elwyn, Caladon, and Naur. (The last two aren't my characters, but I had to give names to those Elves that Elrond sent along.) This angel is Anorion, and as Den has said,, the child needs to be returned to his family."

"Which is why I have come. As I said earlier, I was sent by the child's grandfather to find him and his parents. Seeing that the child is alone, I assume his parents have been killed. I thank you for caring for the child, but now I must take him home." Gailiel coldly said.
Aireleniel clutched Anorion closely, and looked desperately around for help. Out of nowhere Lethran drew his blade. (Sorry for using Lethran.)

"Sit Lady Gailiel. First you need to answer the question and tell us what you know."

"Very well. As you know, Anorion comes from a noble family of Gondor. His father descends from that family, but his mother, Lothwen, has no noble blood. She belonged to the tribe of Wildmen that now hunts you, but she was very beautiful and fair, unlike to her people. She was promised to one named Rhovan, but she fell in love with a wandering man from Gondor named Arod. She then decided to leave Rhovan and marry Arod whom she loved. Rhovan made an allegiance with Orcs and offered them great riches if the captured Lothwen and brought her to him. Lothwen and Arod, after being wed, decided to move to the West. When their child was born, Arod's father asked his son to bring the child to Gondor. I recently discovered Rhovan and his company not far from here. When Rhovan found out that Lothwen had given birth to the son of another, he went mad with rage. He ordered Lothwen, Arod and the child to be killed. The child managed to escape and Rhovan now know this, which is why I must take him to Gondor where it is safe. Forgive me for my cold behavior, Lady Aireleniel, but the child's grandsire is dying and wishes to see his grandson one time. That is why my errand is so urgent."
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 06:46
Anarion was tired of this Gailiel triing to take the child from Aireleniel so when she moved in after she was done telling about herself to try and grabe the chiled again Anarion jumped up and pulled his twin blades and landed in front of Gailiel and his eyes turned a pitch black color and then Anarions stones that rested in each Gauntlent started to glow a bright blue the ground beneath Gailiels feet started to shack. Anarion looked into Gailiels eyes and said to her " I suggest you leave nobel Gondorien blood with noble Gondorien blood. I will not let you tack the chiled away from Aireleniel. The Valar gave her the child for some resone so you will not take the chiled from her as long as Anarion son of Arathorn, brother of Aragorn, General of Mirkwood, also known as The Hearald of the Valar stands in your way. My position, Aireleniels position, and the Rander Dens position is clear to me know. It is to keep the chiled safe from harm and also to keep him from those who wish to take him from us. The reason the Valar has sent the rest of you is unknown to me at this point, but I belive that all will be reveald soon enough. Also altho I'm related to mortals I'm not a mortal so don't think me one. If you please. " Anarion had spoken his words with pride and strength, and know he waited for a reply from any one of the stuned faces around him.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 08:57
Den broke the stunned silence that had settled. He stiffly rose and limped across to where Anarion and Gailiel stood confronting each other. Laying a hand on Aranion's gauntlet to lower his blades he spoke softly.
"Thankyou Anarion. I think that just about covers everything. So Lady Gailiel, you must now decide on you best course of action. Go back to the child's grandsire and tell him Anorion is safe and will be with him before he dies, or travel with us, but let Aireleniel care for Anorion." His eyes hardened, "Decide. Now."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 09:41
Elwyn got up and moved to the caves exit, just incase someone tried to flee. She had taken out her sword and was standing ready...After what seemed hours of silence, Elwyn finally spoke..
"I do not know what has happened to the babes parents, but I can say that I have spent time with Halbarad...he was amongst the Dunedain when I was..." she looked to Gailiel, eyes glaring.."he is not the type who would send someone to snatch a child away, lest it be in grave danger." She paused, as if she had just made a revelation.....
"Tell us, what danger is this child in??"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 09:53
Den frowned, "Elwyn? He has a band of very angry Wildmen after his blood. I'd call that grave danger."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 10:08
"I know that!" she said frowning..then grinned a bit after she realized how she had just sounded oblivious to the past occurrences. "I suppose I am just like the rest of you...Why is this child in such danger, what makes him so pivotal that Wildmen and Orcs would put a price on his head?"

BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 11:08
Lúthiel waited in a quiet corner of the cave for Gailiel to answer Den's question.When Elwyn spoke up, Lúthiel looked over at her to see her in the entrance guarding.
"I sorry, but I have no idea who the child is, nor what this is all about. But it must be something crucial if there is more than one band of orcs after you, or from what it sounds, this child." Lúthiel pointed at Anorion. "If you wish, I could go with you, as a guard. I can use a bow and sword well, and could help keep Anorion safe. If you don't wish my help, feel free to tell me." Lúthiel looked over at Aireleniel, then Den.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 06:26
"No Elwyn is right. Their is a greater and unlooked for danger. I am not just a woman come here for the child. The child is my nephew and Arod my brother. My father Halbarad sent me here to make sure the child was safe and that he was not in the hands of one named Helchon."

"Helchon?" Aireleniel asked.

"Helchon is Faeril's cousin." She looked around at the stunned faces. "Faeril is the child's birth name. It means spirit of the stars. My brother said he had the eyes of an elf which resemble the light of the stars. Helchon wants to kill Faeril. Helchon wishes to take my father's title and position as head of the household, but this innocent child stands in his way. I have renounced my claim of leadership and therefore cannot be the head of my family, and now with my brother death, my family's only hope is Faeril. Lately many of the members of my family have been killed and my father and I believe it to be the work of Helchon. Helchon has made a deal with Rhovan. Rhovan and Helchon both want the child dead and so they have made an alliance. We are now cornered. Behind us the Wildmen and Orcs await, and ahead is Helchon but also the fate of our family. I will join you and take you as safely as I can, but you must be prepared for battle."

"Your eyes still conceal something. We cannot trust you if you do not tell us everything. We cannot go blindly into this danger." Aireleniel said.

"Rhovan has made an oath. He has sworn on Morgoth's name, that he will drink the blood of the son of Arod. The blood of the son who stole his beloved. He will stop at nothing until his oath is fulfilled. Do you still wish to take the child to Gondor?"

"I do not fear this danger and I will face it. I too shall make an oath upon the name of the fair Elbereth. I will not stop until this child is safe and away from those who wish to harm him."

Gailiel rose, came before Aireleniel, and knelt before her.

"I have rarely ever seen such acts of selfless love. I shall accompany you to whatever end, and now I say to you, Ná Elbereth veria le, ná elenath dín síla erin rád o chuil lín. (May Elbereth protect you, may her stars shine on the path of your life.)

" If you don't wish my help, feel free to tell me." Lúthiel looked over at Aireleniel, then Den.

"After what we have heard, we will need all the help we can get. Your bow and sword will be welcome among our company." Aireleniel said.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 09:23
Den held up a ahnd, "Wait, so let me get this right. Behind us we have an army of crazed Wildmen, the leader of whom wanted to marry his mother and drink his blood." He pointed to Anorion/Faeril, "And infront of us we have his crazed cousin who wants to take his position int he family once Halbarad dies."
Gailiel cocked her head to one side, "Aye, that's about it."
"Alright. Just so I know." He gave a grin, "Should be fun really." Sighing he limped back to his spot against the wall, "Well, I don't know about anybody else but i'm going to be useless for any more travel in the couple of hours of light we have left. I think we should post a watch and rest for now, then set off with first light. How about you?"
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 10:57
Lethran smiled, his head leaning back against the suprisingly concave surface of the cave wall, staring aimlessly up at the ceiling. "Cynicism eh? That's what you want to accuse me of? Maybe your right, maybe I'm just denying it all. Maybe I've just become jaded in the past hundred years. Either way...that doesn't seem to be the problem right now." The elf slowly closed his eyes, listening carefully as the others talked on about the child and the problems that have arose around him.

Eventually, the tale came to an end as Den made one more remark to sum everything up, and then suggested a watchman. "I agree..I doubt we could cover much area in the dark. Even if we did, what's the chances of finding another well hidden shelter as this?" Everything went strangely silent, everyone dawning on the past conversation, thinking through everything that had been said about the situation put before all of them at the moment.

Lethran stood up, grabbing his canteen and walking silently out of the cave. He stood firmly atop a hill a just about twenty feet from the mouth of the cave, wordlessly volunteering for the post of watchman. He couldn't stand sleep anyways. It always gave him a sense that he had no control over what was going on around him in his state of semi-consciousness which somewhat disturbed him. The elf was used to not sleeping anyways..it didn't phase him.

The remaining hours of daylight were uneventful as the night. Soon after the sun sank beneath the mountains far off in the West stars began popping up here and there to give a fair amount of light to the barren lands that they were venturing through. He squinted hard, seeing as far as he could with his elvish eyes and the limited amount of light that hindered his vision to nothing but vague shapes off in the distance. Lethran sighed and let the night press on.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 11:29
Lúthiel moved to the front of the cave after Lethran left. She didn't know what she thought of him. He seemed sarcastic most of the time, and that was what made her not trust him much. Lúthiel went outside after she gave a quiet remark as to where she was going. She moved silently through the woods to a clear spot. She watched the sunset in brilliant shades of pinks, purples, and blues. Even though she enjoyed her times in Mirkwood, she missed seeing the sunsets.

Lúthiel waited till the sun went down, then moved to go back to the cave. She had her head lowered, so she didn't notice Lethran standing in front of her. His back was turned to her, and he was looking out into the darkness. She lifted her head up just before she ran into him.
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 04:05
Celebûrion had listened to everything in silence. He did not like the sound of it at all. He was afraight. Everybody else, he mused, seemed so brave. They all were willingly going into the danger of battle for this babe. It made him feel like a coward. Well, he probably really was one, after all he feared the upcoming travel- the battles.
With a sigh he turned to his pack. There, at the verry bottom of it they were: his two blades. They were extremely well crafted- he had made them himself all those centuries back. On top of the weapons he had put the "more useful things"- as he had thought when he had packed: spare clothes, medical supplies and a rudimentary cooking gear.
He stood up and for a moment dissapeared from the cave. Collecting firewood he caught a glimpse of Lethran. He felt sorry for this elf. He had been quite similar in demeanor when he had been still young. Well, he sighed, that was before... Maybe Lethran was still fighting it. And who could tell, maybe he had it in him to win.
Returning to the others Celebûrion busied himself making a fire and preparing a light meal, wich he gave out to all of the others. He was sure they would not all too often have the opportunity to cook. Before settling down for the night he brought the last bowl out for Lethran. Without saying a word he placed the bowl to his feet and returned to the cave.
Another heavy sigh escaped his lips as he considered the next problem at hand: the sleeping place. These rocks didn't look all too comfortable to him...
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 04:35
Lethran sighed heavily and took a drink of water from his canteen. The rest of the group was likely asleep in the cave, or off wandering around. He strangely felt like talking with them. At least one of them. Not knowing anything about those you travel with, and trust, wasn't a very appealing idea to him at all. But talking would be hard at this time in the morning. It was highly unlikely to him that any of them were even awake right now. The elf blinked a few times to relieve his drying eyes then resumed staring at the stars.

A minute or two later he noticed a bowl of soup at his feet. He would have smiled but smiling wasn't something he did very often. Instead he picked up the bowl and made ready to take a quick drink from it when suddenly he felt something bump into him from behind. He staggered forward from the surprise and nearly splattered himself with soup. Quickly he caught himself and whipped around, on the brink of drawing a sword until he noticed it was the elvish girl, Luthiel. Obviously he didn't know her to well because it took him a moment to even recognize that she wasn't some kind evil entity. "Please...don't EVER do that again. I doubt I'll ever again have the control not to decapitate the person who does something like that to me." After a few seconds of silence he sort of laugh/hiccuped and glanced quickly at Luthiel, "Ehh...I guess I'm sorry for uhh...going off like that. I don't think you were very approving of my talk of decapitation."
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 05:06
A minute or two later he noticed a bowl of soup at his feet. He would have smiled but smiling wasn't something he did very often. Instead he picked up the bowl and made ready to take a quick drink from it when suddenly he felt something bump into him from behind. He staggered forward from the surprise and nearly splattered himself with soup. Quickly he caught himself and whipped around, on the brink of drawing a sword until he noticed it was the elvish girl, Luthiel. Obviously he didn't know her to well because it took him a moment to even recognize that she wasn't some kind evil entity. "Please...don't EVER do that again. I doubt I'll ever again have the control not to decapitate the person who does something like that to me." After a few seconds of silence he sort of laugh/hiccuped and glanced quickly at Luthiel, "Ehh...I guess I'm sorry for uhh...going off like that. I don't think you were very approving of my talk of decapitation."

Lúthiel backed up her eyes wide.
"Oh, no, it...I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." Lúthiel was trying to keep from stuttering. "I didn't mean to startle you.I-I...I'm sorry. I had better get back to the cave, or somewhere..." Luthiel was mentally kicking herself for sounding like such a idiot. Why do I always do that? Something happens, and I get nervous and sound like a stuttering fool.

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 10:10
A sharp whisper from outside the cave jerked Den from an uneasy slumber and he moaned slightly as his wounded leg woke up as well.
A fidgeting beside him drew his attention to Celeburion who was tossing and turning on the rocky floor.
"Celeburion?" The young Ranger whispered quietly.
"Aye?" The shifting paused for a second.
"You seem to be having trouble on this journey. Listening to Gailiel you looked much as I did before my first battle. i do not wish to pry, but maybe you would feel better for sharing your burden with someone, having someone who could help you to conquer your fear." He fell silent, waiting to see how the Elven Healer would take his offer.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 02:17
Celebûrion considered Den for a while out of his icy blue eyes. Then with a sigh he dropped his gaze, and when he looked up again his eyes were filled with sadness. Hoarsley he began to speak: "I was born and grew up in Eregion. There I was schooled in the art of smithcraft by my father. Celebrimbor." His voice failed him for a moment having uttered that name. Memories welled up inside him and prevented him from speaking for another few seconds. "I was soon a member of the Gwaith-i-mirdain,a very powerful brotherhood of smiths. I was still very young- barely more then 600- when in the second age under the influence of Sauron the Mirdain revolted against Galadriel and Celeborn. They left Eregion and my father began to craft the rings. When my father discovered the truth about Sauron and realised his faults he sought the help of Galadriel. But Sauron heared of it and invaded Eregion. I was saved by the host of Lord Elrond, that was send to our help by Gil-galad. But they were too late. Eregion was destroyed and my father was slain. I wanted to help him. I wanted to fight. But we had to retreat." Again his voice failed him. As he looked up again his eyes were filled with tears and he whispered: "They used my fathers body as their banner."
Silence fell for a moment. Then Celebûrion continued: "I used all my time to craft weapons and train as a soldier when Rivendell was established. But then someday things changed. I was tired. So tired. I chose the path as a healer then and have never touched a weapon since and neither have I ever left Imladris." Celebûrion finished his account.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 09:43
Den's throat constricted as he imagined what a terrible blow it must be, not only to see your father slain, as he himself had done, but to see him strung up as an unholy banner for the hoards of Sauron. Wordlessly he reached over and clasped Celeburion's shoulder, trying to convey through his touch what support he could offer for such a heavy burden of grief.
Swallowing hard he found his voice once again.
"Then maybe it is time to face the world once again. Nothing can be done to bring your Father back, but something may be done to ease the horror of his death and leave behind the memories of happier times."
He waited there for Celeburion to acknowledge him how he would as the first rays of dawn spilled through the cave mouth.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 06:56
Aireleniel could not sleep. The thought of a death threat on Faeril. Then someone stirred. Aireleniel lay still. Her hand on the hilt of her sword, but it was Den and she loosened her grip. She heard him speak to Celeburion, and then Celeburion told Den his life story. Aireleniel rose.

"I remember that battle. Forgive me, but you're talking woke me. Many of my friends were in Elrond;s army and many fell. I wished to go to Eregion and fight Sauron's armies, but Lord Elrond would not allow it. He wanted me to care for his wife in case the battle took a toll for the worst. I now have a great respect for you Celeburion, son of Celebrimbor. For you have done what many can never do. You dropped the sword and did not let anger and vengeance take over your heart. I wish I could abandon the life of war, but I have been raised and know only those times. I have never seen a peaceful time in Middle-Earth. But do not weep. Now your father is in Valinor and can no longer be harmed by the evil that still plagues this land."

Then outside the cave, the howling of wolves could be heard along with the mingled sound of Orcs.

"They're close. Perhaps we did not cover our tracks well enough, or the wolves have caught our scent." Gailiel said as she got up and reached for her sword. Then Lethran and Luthiel returned to the cave. There was no way out. They could not fight because they were outnumbered. They could not flee because the wolves would easily catch up with them. They were trapped.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 10:51
Elwyn stirred at the sound of howling wolves. Sitting up quickly her eyes were forced from a half sleep to being wide awake. "What the.." she started to say, Aireleniel looked at her, whispering.."wolves have found us.."

Elwyn stood slowly, trying to creep along the side of the cave just close enough to see outside. The foliage prevented her from getting a clear sight of anything. She looked to all of them, and spoke.."If I can lure them away..you must all leave as fast as you can..." They all looked at her, faces filled with a wild amusment and the thought that she surely was not completely sane.

"What?" she looked round the room again..."do any of you have a better idea? we cannot sneak out of this place, we cannot fight..."

The howling grew and faded into growls and snarls, the wolves were reaching their moment for attack.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 11:06
Anarion looked up from his corner of the cave where he had been sitting he had looked like he was asleep but he never really was. He looked at Elwyn and said " I've an idea that will keep of safe and noone will have to leave the cave to do it. " Anarion waved Elwyn and everyone to the back of the cave and then threw his arms forwerd and his gauntlents started to glow and he began pilling rocks to block the cave entrence. When he was done he looked at every one and said " Know we wait they will pass us by and thik that this is just another part of the mountian and we will be perfectly safe. So know we wait. " Anarion rejoined the group and waited to see what there reaction and reply to what he had just done would be.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 11:48
Lethran watched carefully as Luthiel hurried away. He raised his arm after her but thought better of it and let her go. It seemed like he was the problem anyway and trying to help wouldn't do much good.

The elf turned around, glancing at the night drifting away as the sun peaked over the mountains far in the East. Little by little sun stretched over the lands like a massive blanket of light. His watch was over. There wasn't anything to watch for anyways.

As he stepped into the cool, wet cave he noticed Luthiel hadn't arrived but a minute before him. The others seemed worried. Suddenly, he found the source of their troubles. There were growls off in the darkness. These sounds were accompanied by the grunts of orcs who seemed to be coming upon their prey. That was certain.

Panic had seemed to plague onto the company at that very moment. No one really knew what to do. They would be overwhelmed and defeated if they fought back. Fighting was Lethran's ideal situation. He figured there were worse things than death. Elwyn volunteered to lure them away, but at the risk of her own life, even though she didn't mention that last bit. "We fight. Simple. If given the choice to die while fleeing in cowardicy or dieing with a sword in hand and defending one's pride, I would most certaintly take the latter," Lethran said sternly. He knew that what he said wasn't backed by a whole surplus of courage. Dieing in a dank, wet cave after being overwhelmed by a horde of filthy orcs and wolves didn't seem like a worthwhile death.

Precious moments later Anarion decided that he had an idea. The company shuffled their way to the very back of the cave which seem to be the whole source of all the stink. Anarion used some crazy thing on his gauntlet to move a good amount of rocks to block the entrance. "Rocks? Our defense is rocks," Lethran said skeptically. "Rocks can be moved. Loose one out of that pile and the rest will fall. That could be fixed though by packing them tighter, but then we wouldn't have a way out. And unless the light just stops altogether and retreats back, they'll easily notice a pile of rocks bunched up over an entrance of a cave. By my opinion, you just locked us in our death beds even tighter. But my opinion is second to the groups. I'll just sit back and contemplate my own way of survival if no one objects."
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 12:09
Anarion laughed at what Lethran said and then replied " You have alot to learn about magic. " and then Anarions gauntlents started to glow again and they shot fire and the rochs siled to gether and even the entire entrance had been silled tight. Anarion said " Know if you will move to the front of the cave. " and Anarions gauntlents started glowing again and he started useing a blue beam to carve a walkway up the mountains center.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 12:43
Lúthiel reached the caves, shortly before Lethran. Once she got back, everyone was moving about the cave, and Lúthiel could here wolves and Orcs in the area. She moved over to where Aireleniel was, just to help her protect Faeril. Lúthiel watched as Anarion put a wall up where the entrance to the cave had been. Lúthiel's sword that she had drawn was glowing slightly from the presence of Orcs near by.(No, my sword isn't Sting, thought I wouldn't mind if it was )

She took her focus off her sword after she heard Lethran speaking to Anarion. After he was done speaking, Lúthiel looked at him with her head cocked to one side. have never seen and Elf that is like him. I wonder why he is skeptical and sarcastic?
"If you decide to fight the Orcs, what chance do you think you would have? It would be like fighting 100 to 1,000. I don't think anyone here would wish that on you." Lúthiel closed her mouth, not knowing why she had spoken up.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email