Register

Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Orphan
on: December 04, 2004 10:07
Ooc - Wow, lots to catch up on!

Ic - Listening to the friction around him but paying it little heed Den followed Anarion along the path he was carving. Slowly, the further into the mountain they travelled, the stench that all had noticed became stronger until many of the party had tied soaked kerchiefs around their faces.
After a mere few minutes of walking the beam from Anarion's gauntlet broke through into a space beyond, bringing with it a cloud of sulpherous fumes. Gagging Den poked his head through the opening.
"Sweet Eru!" He breathed.
Beyond there was a vast cavern, it's floor a bubbling, seething mass of lava which every now and them belched forth more of the poisonous fumes. Yet somehow, in this inhospitable environment someone had been. A spiral walkway was carved into the blackened walls which led up to an opening high above them.
The young ranger was about to motion the rest of the group to take the path to the fresh air when something else, something more terrible caught his eye.
"Anarion," He began, "Do you happen to have a trick up your sleeve that could deal with a large, grumpy looking Dragon?"
For indeed, not a hundred feet below where they stood, a great lizard rested, his massive body resting on a bed of tarnished finery, his vast, horse like head swing lazily about to determine the source of the strange blue light that had broken his slumber.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 03:21
Elwyn stood, a bit shocked by the discovery of a dragon! She looked at Den.."a dragon....I thought they were all slain, with the passing of Smaug the Golden..I wonder how long he has slumbered within these hills.." Den looked at her, but before he could say a word, the earth began to shake. Looking back within the chasm, he saw the dragon stirred...

Elwyn motioned them back...away from the opening in the cave wall. "Maybe..if we are quiet he will not come to investigate..." yet as she finished her sentence..the beasts massive head immerged, eyes blazing...

"Who has woken me?" it hissed in a deep throaty voice. No one said a word..."hm? will no one answer me, or shall I have to eat you all???"

"Ahh...no...there will be no need for that.." Elwyn stuttered. Everyone looked at her again, she whispered through her teeth.."sorry.."
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 08:47
Celebûrion had been thankful for the friendly guestures of Aireleniel and Den. Even if he was still very nervous about what he would have to face, he felt strangely relieved.
Before he could consider it any more, events started to unwrap again that he felt quite out of control of. After only a few more minutes he found himself following the group through the tunnel. Although he could hear all they said about the dragon, Celebûrion could not believe it until the beast showed it's head through the newly carved entrance to the cavern.
For a moment he stood paralized, as all feeling seemed to flee his body. Feeling numb and confused he found himself talking after Elwyn had stopped. "Well, she's right. No need to eat us." He sounded curiously calm as he spoke. "And what kind of a dragon are you anyway? Are there no treasures left in Middle Earth, or why do you sit on this rather humble pile of gold?"
"Do you want to challenge me?!" The dragon roared in reply.
"Well, no. No such thing. Just a queston. My name is Celebûrion, if it is of any interest to you. May I ask your name in return?" Not knowing what else to do, Celebûrion went on talking.

(Sorry I don't know how to handle the situation. And Celebûrion most certainly doesn't know either. So if you have any ideas... )

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by ~A_Lasgalen~]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 08:50
Fighting down the primal terror that surfaced in him when the great head rose to a level with their tunnel Den stepped forward.
"Master Dragon," He kept it formal and respectful but, hopefully, uncowed, "We did not intend to disturb you. We are a band of travellers who were trapped in a cave outside your cavern. We were merely searching for a way out."
The Dragon seemed to cock his head to one side, almost quizically, "You mean you are not here to slay me and take my treasure?"
Den allowed a small chuckle to pass his lips, "No Master Dragon. I for one have no desire to end up as tinned food." He guestured to his chain mail jerkin.
The Dragon drew back with what sounded like a dry laugh, "Then well met travellers. Come, if you give me no reason to I shall not harm you."
Den bowed low and stepped out onto the carved walkway running around the walls of the cavern, "Thankyou Mas..."
The dragon interrupted, "And none of this Master Dragon business. I get so little company down here, so little that doesn't want to kill me at any rate, that i can't be doing with formalitly. My name is Caradoc."
"Denother of Gondor at you service Caradoc." The young Ranger bowed again.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 08:58
Elwyn smiled widely, looking to Den and Celebûrion. She tossed them a wink, before saying softly.."not all in this realm is evil...you did right to see." They all walked carefully down to where the dragon called home, fighting the urge to gag at the sickening smell. Caradoc sat merrily atop his hoard and yawned. Elwyn looked to him, before asking..."not to sound hasty, but could you kindly tell us if there is a way out of here? I mean, not that we dont find your home lovely...it's just...well elves were not made to live in caves.." Caradoc looked to her and then to the others...
"I suppose I could show you a way...it has remained unused for many a year.."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 01:48
(A DRAGON? I thought we might run into some goblins, but a dragon. Wow you guys have some wild imaginations. Nice work.)

"What are you doing? Why would you tell a dragon we are trapped in a cave?" Gailiel whispered to Den.

The dragon proved hospitable and not too aggressive if not provoked, but Aireleniel was somewhat distressed about the treasure. Who had the dragon killed to obtain the small wealth? She decided to ignore the treasure and followed closely after Den, who was following the dragon to an exit The stench was too much for Faeril, and he began to cry. Aireleniel tried to quite the child as quickly as possible, fearing the dragon might be enraged by the cries. Caradoc turned around, looked at the child, but seeing the child has of little harm he continued on his way.

"I would silence that child if I were you. The Goblins in these mountains hunger for soft meat. I will not risk my life for that of a child's. Here we are. I can no longer pass through this tunnel. Continue straight ahead. Do not turn. The path should slowly incline as you go on. It should take you a good four hours before you reach the other side. Your friend can easily shift those rocks. Good luck to you and be wary. One never knows what lurks in the Dark." Caradoc walked away, laughing as he went.

"He is right. We should press on. I do not much like these tunnels." Gailiel decided to take the lead and the group made their way through the dark tunnel.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 07:12
((oops, I should have posted earlier ))
Lúthiel followed after Anarion, Den, Galiel, Aireleniel, and Celebûrion. She had put her sword away, but her hand rested lightly on the hilt. She almost jumped when, after they had gotten to the place all the smoke and vapors were coming from, a dragons head pooped up front. She listened as Celebûrion and Den talked to the dragon. She relaxed a little when the dragon started leading them to another part of the mountain. They reached another tunnel, and started going up into. I wonder why the dragon was nice to us. I also thought dragons were extinct. She followed the rest slowly and quietly, keeping to her thoughts. I should really pay attention to walking, or next time I might not have a head anymore. She laughed quietly.

[Edited on 25/08/2004 by BlackRider1424]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 09:18
"I would silence that child if I were you. The Goblins in these mountains hunger for soft meat. I will not risk my life for that of a child's. Here we are. I can no longer pass through this tunnel. Continue straight ahead. Do not turn. The path should slowly incline as you go on. It should take you a good four hours before you reach the other side. Your friend can easily shift those rocks. Good luck to you and be wary. One never knows what lurks in the Dark."
Den waited while the others entered the narrow confines of the tunnel then turned to Caradoc.
"Thankyou Caradoc. You've been a great help." He grinned, "And, aside from the sulphur, you've got a nice little home here. Tell you what, when I get some leave I'll come here and give you some company."
"i'd like that." The Dragon bared his razor sharp teeth in what might have been a smile, "Two millenia alone can get boring."
Den's eyes widened, two millenia! But Caradoc was already dragging his scaly body back to his hoard.
Following the others into the tunnel he jogged to catch up. Finding Lethran at the back of the group he breathed a sigh, "Now there's something you don't see everyday."
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 12:11
"Yes...one hundred to one thousand. Doesn't seem like that bad of odds considering orcs are extremely stupid. Suprises me that those idiots can even hold a blade the right way. But we're on our way now so I doubt we'll be facing very many of them." Lethran fell silent, as did Luthiel, in unison with the rest of the company that remained to leave the path they were currently drifting upwards into the mountain.

It seemed hours until the surroundings started to change. The dark walls seemed to gain a very faint, reddish glow. And it began to get hotter. Lethran wasn't suprised. He had been through the Misty Mountains many a time everytime he found something new. The mountain was full of suprises, many dangerous.

The reddish glow had begun to get brighter and brighter until they could see normally in the hidden path of the mountains. It soon seemed that there was an end to the tunnel, finally. This end was undoubtedly the source of all the strange glowing. They stepped through the narrow entrance one by one and stopped and stared, mouth agape, one by one. Lethran, being the last, stepped in to realize why the others seemed so dumbstruck. There was a rather sizable dragon before their eyes, pools of lava dotting the area surrounding him. The heat was immense and extremely uncomfortable.

Den quickly questioned Anarion about dealing with the dragon. Elwyn recommended sneaking along as not to alert the beast, hopefully. But before they could even lift a foot to start the dragon lifted it's awful head and opened it's eyes to reveal it's conciousness to the travelers. One by one the others tried to play friendly and negotiate tactically with the dragon. Usually dragons were clever to this, but evidently not this one. He was pulled in by their attempts at peace little by little until he agreed to lead them through an ancient, unused passage out of the mountain.

The company shuffled through the lair to one side where the dragon instructed. The beast swiftly informed them of the passage's bends and turns. Without delay the whole company hurried into the darkness, Lethran walking behind the rest as they went up the rather steep incline.

A few moments later Den jogged up from behind. Lethran glanced back to see what it was, considering he hadn't noticed him staying behind for a few moments. He thought about asking him what he halted for, but figured better and pressed on with the others. They pressed on, becomed tired and wore out as the path became rougher and rougher, but it got them closer to the end of the mountains.

ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 04:38
Elwyn glanced over her shoulder, seeing Lethran and Den were bringing up the back. Slowing her pace drastically, she fell back so that she too were walking amongst them. She had for some reason taken a fancy to the thought of actually having some what of a conversation with Lethran. He looked to her, as he and Den approached, she walked along with them listening to bits and pieces of their conversation. She hadn't quite determined when she would [ut her two cents in...but she awaited it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 04:39
Celebûrion had been greatly relieved when Den finally took over the conversation with the dragon.
As the group went on, led at first by the dragon, he became quiet once more. Walking in the midst of the group where he felt safest, he stepped through the darkness of the tunnel. Houres later footsteps seemed to reach their ears from behind. Elwyn and Lethran heared them first, but moments later they all were aware of them. A few seconds they stood, hoping the sounds would retreat, but as they came ever closer they had no chance but to run.
Celebûrion was scared to the bones and he rested all his hopes on the possibility of finding the end of the tunnel soon and stepping out into the sunshine. But even while he was thinking this they suddenly left the mouth of a cave- and stepped into the night.
Again they stood. They were all exhausted and knew that in the night they had no chance of fleeing the goblins.
Lethran was the first of them to turn and draw his weappons. The others followed his lead. There was nothing to it. Celebûrion hastily unslung his pack and searched feverishly for his blades, mumbling: "Let'S hope it's just a small patrol group." Finding the weapons he got onto his feet just before the goblins issued from the entrance of the cave.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 09:22
Lúthiel, being in the back of the group, had her swords out, and was turned around when the goblins came out of the darkness. She fought a goblin off from stabbing her, and he was down before he had a second chance of trying to stab her again. She backed up some to give her room to fight, and ran into someone. She turned suddenly, her sword ready to take down whoever it was. Lúthiel stopped when she saw it was Lethran. Well, I guess we are equal now. She thought to herself. She ducked under a sword, and stabbed the goblin holding it.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 09:28
Elwyn too by now, had managed to withdraw her blades and cut a couple of goblins down. She looked deep into the darkness, trying to see if any way of numbering the beasts was possible. Even elven eyes couldn't penetrate the blackness of the night. So she fought on...
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 02:25
((ooc: since I can't come to this site anymore, I can't keep up the character any longer. God Bless, and T2ul.))

Lúthiel cut a goblin down, but felt something stab her. She felt pain, then nothing. Her lfeless body fell in a bundle on the groud.

[Edited on 25/08/2004 by BlackRider1424]
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 03:31
Aireleniel was becoming tired. The child was content and happily sleeping. Gailiel was by her side, watching the baby lovingly, but then footsteps were heard in the shadows. The company began to run until they found a way out, but it was the dead of night, and goblins do not fear the night. Aireleniel drew her sword. Even with a baby in her hands she was still a very able fighter, but now she had to think of Faeril. Was he really safe in the battlefield.

"Go Aireleniel. Flee. You are my nephew's only hope."

"But I do not wish to leave my fellow companions."

"Please just go. We can all defend ourselves, and we ill find you when this battle is won."

Aireleniel was not fully convinced, but then Den gave her a small push. She nodded and ran just as the goblins issued from the caves. She did not know where to go. She just ran.

Gailiel was hewing goblins left and right, occasionally looking towards the direction Aireleniel ran. Just to make sure she was out of sight.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 09:40
Den caught the direction of Gailiel's glance.
"They'll be fine." he said comfortingly as he thrust his blade into an oncoming Goblin, "Aireleniel has only Faeril's best interests at heart."
Seeing the battle begin to turn the way of the travellers Den called out, "Retreat! Find Aireleniel! Go!" Then began to shepherd the others in the direction Aireleniel had taken while checking to be sure that the Goblins would return to their cave in the mountain rather than following them.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 05:49
(Time to introduce the Wild Men)

Rhovan had his men and Orcs searching everywhere for the Elf-maiden who carried a small child, but had turned up nothing. He was furious. It seemed his vengeance plan was falling apart, but finally his luck changed. He decided to take a walk to clear his head, and the he saw her. Aireleniel had ran from the battle an unknowingly ran into Rhovan. He remained hidden and followed her. She ran into a small patch of forest, climbed a tree(very difficult with a baby in arms), and waited for her companions to find her.

"I hope they are alright. Perhaps you and I should venture forth alone and save them from this peril we're in. Well I guess it's time to feed you again."

Faeril ate quickly and fell asleep. Aireleniel decided not to sleep but instead keep watch,and a good thing she did so. Rhovan accidentally stepped on a twig and, faint as the sound was, Aireleniel managed to pick it up. She placed her hand upon her hilt and sat quietly. Something told her that whatever made tat sound, it was something bad. Rhovan had lost sight of her the minute she climbed the tree, but he knew for certain that she was still somewhere nearby, so he decided to sit at the base of a tree. The exact same tree Aireleniel and Faeril were in.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 07:31
Celebûrion had been standing still as a stone while the others fought off the goblins. His eyes wide with shock he stared at the figures with flashing blades all around him. Only when Lúthiel fell to the ground did he find himself able to move.
In a second he knelt beside her but soon realised there was nothing more he could do for her. Closing her eyes he whispered an elvish prayer. Looking up again he felt ainger rise within him. Tears welled up in his eyes and with a yell made ready to charge their foes.
Just in that moment Den gave the signal for them to retreat. Celebûrion felt a hand grab his robes from behind and was pulled away with the others.
As they followed the way Airleniel had taken. for a while Den would not leave his side as if fearing another outburst. But as soon as he had turned his back to the battle Celebûrion felt his senses return.
Walking through the night he sang a lament for their fallen friend.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 07:51
Elwyn retreated following the rest of the group. She had not noticed the demise of Luthiel, for she had been further to the front of the fight. Yet, now seeing the face of Celebûrion she knew what had happened. He sang softly to himself a lament for her passing. Elwyn closed her eyes and softly muttered.."hir he hidh ab 'wanath". She approached and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring glance.

Den looked about, "We must find Aireleniel and Faeril!!" and soon they had pressed forth, quietly...stopping...for nearby there sat a wildman, carefully watching for Aireleniel and the babe.
dark_strider_dragon_rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 09:19
Anarion was fightting the Goblins and had killed many when he saw the others running off.
When they were some way in the forest he noticed a wild man at the bottom of a tree looking for something not paying attention to anything around him.
Anarion placed a arrow on his bow string and said " This will teach that wildman to pay attention to his surrondings." He let the arrow fly missing intensonally and hitting the tree.
The wildman turned aound and looked at them.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 09:20
Den had been shocked at the strength of Celeburion's rage towards Luithel's killers but understood it all too well.
As they walked he began to hum a wordless tneor line to the baritone of Celeburion's lament for Luithel but stopped abruptly as they came into a clearing in which a Wildman was crouched beneath a tree looking intently into the brush, movement signaled that something was above and imagination all to graphically supplying what that something was.
He guestured for the others to wait just out of sight then strode forward into the clearing, feigning surprise when he turned to the Wildman.
"Hail stranger! A pleasant day for a stroll don't you think?"

Ooc - I think me and dark_strider posted at the same time. Make of it what you will.

[Edited on 16/12/2004 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 10:48
(Wow problem ok well lets see if this helps.)

Den decided to approach the Wild Man. Anarion did not think this to be wise and his fingers were gently fingering his bow.

"Hail stranger! A pleasant day for a stroll don't you think?"

The Wild Man drew his sword. Anarion released an arrow but missed. Aireleniel had been keeping an eye on Rhovan and did not hear the company approach. She decided to lay low. The Wild Man who hunted her was still under the tree. Gailiel had lagged behind a bit and missed the action, but when she saw the face of the Wild Man, she recognized it immediately.

"!!!!!!!!KILL HIM. IT'S RHOVAN. KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Unknowingly Gailiel had now let Rhovan know the identity of the elf and child he had pursued.

"So now I have you." He said to himself, as he ran off towards his camp.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 12:39
Elwyn stood, quietly pondering over the situation at hand. "We find nothing but trouble...." she said softly, a crooked smile across her lips. Soon, Rhovan would be back with his entire encampment...they had to think...fast.

Elwyn cleared her throat...pulling out of her tunic a small metal whistle. She softly placed it in her mouth and exhaled, a high pitch note playing whistfully into the air.

"We have allies all around us...even above us.." she said, casting her gaze to the sky...thats when they heard it..

The soft cry of eagles..
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 02:27
Anarion looked at the air then yeld to a black streak that flew by " Feael fly to your winged brotters and show them there new pray." The back streak was a Falcon with a black body and silver winges. It flew into the sky up to the Eagles to lead them to there eniemy.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 09:30
Den swore under his breath, they'd let their pursuer escape! Fool that he was he hadn't thought to string his bow so the Wild man just scarpered into the trees unchallenged.
"Aireleniel?" He called out.
"Up here!"
He sauntered to below her tree, "I think we'd better get out of here quick sharpish unless we want to become Wildman fodder. I'll take Faeril for a second." He reached up and took the swaddled child, cradling him close to his chest while Aireleniel climbed down.
"Now how on earth could anyone want to hurt you?" He playfully touched the end of Faeril's nose, chuckling as the child went cross eyed, "You're far too cute!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 02:00
Eagles? Celebûrion swallowed hard. He had heared tales of them, yes, but he had never actually seen one of the giant creatures, let alone ridden one. The thought alone made him nervous, as he was afraight of hights. But then another thought came to him. They might be better off trying to fight the wild men. Especially if they had the support of the eagles. But they would need to find out how many there were. In his youth Celebûrion had always been a good tracker, and as far as he knew the rangers also posessed a considerable amout of these skills.
As Den handed the babe back to Aireleniel, he went over to him. "We should try and fight them. If we flee now, they will be on our tail for the remainder of the journey. Den we should try to track Rhovan to find his camp. If we know how many they are we might lead the rest of the group there. It would be on you Elwyn to persuade the eagles to help us fight. What do you say?"
Finishing thus he found the others look at him in surprise. Understandably, he thought, as he himself did not know what drove him to sugest such a thing. He was still terribly afraight of possibly having to face battle.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 09:24
"I say good idea Celeburion!" Den clapped him on the back, "I think I saw a clearing a little way back and west," He guestured, "Can the rest of you set up a camp there for the night and await Elwyn's feathered friends while Celeburion and I scout ahead." He checked the position of the sun, "We should be back by about an hour past nightfall, not much more." He gave his weapons a quick but thorough check, his belt knives and sword were well oiled in their scabbards and moved with ease. His hip quiver was well stocked and he strung his short recurve bow. Then, with a strange finality he pulled tight the straps of the small buckler shield on his left forearm and turned to Celeburion.
"Ready?"
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 09:38
Elwyn nodded, "aye, I will have a talk with Gwaihir.." she winked at Celeburion and blew her whistle once more. Four of the great birds circled downward, landing amongst the party. Elwyn bowed, and approached the Lord of Eagles. She spoke with him shortly, and looking to the others she gave them a quick nod in reassurance. "He says he will be glad to aid us, yet they do not think it wise that we allow Faeril to stay on the ground." One of the eagles strode forward, lowering its mighty head for Aireleniel and the child. "Please, have a seat.." Elwyn said to her..watching as she gently climbed onto the birds feathered back. It began to rise off the ground slowly, careful of its new rider.

Elwyn looked to Den and Celeburin. Gwaihir let out a shrill cry and lifted from the ground, followed by his own kin.

"Ready!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 11:06
Feael had flew back with the eagles and landed on Anarions right shoulder and told him to stay with Aireleniel and the child. He then looked at Den and Celburin and stood up checking his weapons and equipment and said to Den " I am cooming with you. I am the best tracker from Mirkwood."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 08:55
Den glanced at the three, four counting Gwaihir, who were to accompany this scouting mission, "Very well." He said sinply, "No more though. This is a mission to stay alive, not to be heroes." His eyes went cold as he banished his emotions in preparation for what could face them, "Move out."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 01:19
Aireleniel began to climb down the tree then the sound of a whistle rung throughout the forests, which was followed by the sound of great wings. Eagles had come to their aid. Den helped Aireleniel unto the back of one of the eagles.

"Please be careful. All of you." The bird lifted her up slowly and they rose into the air and flew into the star filled sky.

"Sorry to disappoint you Den, but I'm coming with you. This is a personal fight between me and Rhovan. He killed my brother and I have the right to seek revenge. I do not ask you for permission. I am coming along." Gailiel said as she checked her quiver.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:00
Celebûrion was surprised at how well his suggestion was taken in the end. With a slight shake of his head he realised that nearly all of them had volunteered to go out to seek the camp of the wild men.
He had taken out his short blades again. A sigh escaped his lip as he looked at them. Short distance weapons. Very offensive in their very nature. The same reason for wich he had chosen to train with them all those centuries ago, now filled him with fear, should it come to battle.
As not to allow himself time for second thoughts he had approached the spot where Rhovan had dissapeared into the trees. Just as Den was about to answer Gailiel, Celebûrion spoke up: "He quickly changed direction after he was out of our sight. Out of fear of being persued he left us tracks quite easy to read." With that he stepped into the trees, knowing the others would not wait long to follow his lead.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 08:47
Ooc - probably wont be around until Monday or Tuesday, Grandparents are coming down for Christmas. Prod Den around as you see fit please, I'll be back as soon as I can.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!! many hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ic - Den rolled his eyes and silently wondered why in the name of Eru hos older brother boasted of his luck with women. Letting one of them get their headstrong claws into you could only be considered punishment in his mind!
"Very well, not that I have much choice." He gridgingly agreed and, without another word followed Celeburion into the tree line, trusting the Elf's superior eyesight in the dim forest light.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 04:42
They had followed the tracks for a while in silence. They had been clearly visible at first, but after a while they became ever more difficult to read. Rhovan had after a while surely realised that they had not followed him and slowed down his pace. Where in the beginning broken braches on the lower treetrunks had led the way, they now had to slow down themselves as not to misinterpret the signs on the forest floor.
Den had joined Celebûrion in the front of the line. While Celebûrion looked ahead to find the new tracks that would show them the way, Den looked down doubble checking the signs and Celebûrion's interpretations.
In that manner they soon reached a region of the forest that was densely covered in undergrowth. They followed a thin path through the forest until Celebûrion came suddenly to a full stop. His eyes not leaving the path he turned his head slightly and whispered: "There is a large clear space ahead. We might draw close to their camp. There are surely watches in the trees above the path. I hope they have not yet seen us. We should turn back and come to the clearing from another direction. This narrow path sets us in a great disadvantage should we have to fight."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 06:30
Elwyn brought up the back of the group, hand placed firmly around the hilt of her sword. She could not hear what the others before her said so she made sure if an ambush occured she would be ready.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email