Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Your style of clothing!?-
on: November 18, 2004 06:20
How do you dress? And what kind of jewelry do you wear?
My style is very diverse. I can wear a yellow skirt with a lots of detail one day and be all dressed in simple black the other. I like gothic clothing, beautiful LOTR like skirts and dresses, I love it!:love:
I wear lots of different jewelry, I allways wear a string with pendant around my neck but besides that it's different every day!
Lookinf forward to reading about your styles!
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Your style of clothing!?-
on: November 18, 2004 07:23
Hmmm. Depends.
I wear whatever I want. I have oodles of peasant blouses which are now out of style, but I'm still going to wear them cause they are medieval/middle-earth-ish. Other than that, denim jackets, jeans and khaki pants, some Old Navy and Aero stuff, just whatever.

I used to want to go punk, but that never fully materialized. But I do have a lot of t-shirts with smart alek sayings on them.

And I have a lot of church clothes, so most of my friens only see me in dress clothes. And I own 3 formals, one of which I never wore and doesn't fit me, but I'm just holding on to it cause it's pretty and I aspire to fit into it someday. :cry::cry: :sob: :sob:

That enough detail for you? I can go on! heehee.
faramirsmyman
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 08:24
well, i only wear skirts, so, most people think i'm weird. but i've never felt comfortable in pants, so i don't wear them. umm, lots of hoodies. the more hoodies the better. i can never have enough. i like sweaters too. basically anything that means it's cold outside.

same as silivrentolwen, lots of dress clothes due to church. which is nice, because i like wearing dressy clothes.
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 10:26
I am rather plain. I don't like myself in shorts or most regular pants so I wear a lot of jeans. I love my big LotR, wolf, and Christain t-shirts. Also I love wearing a flannel shirt over a tank-top.

Like faramirsmyman and Silivrentolwen I have a lot of skirts and stuff for church, I like getting dressed up sometimes.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 11:57
as a gerenal rule i don't wear skirts or dresses unless it's a special occasssion. apert from that, pretty much anything.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 05:26
Mostly I wear beach-going things like boardshorts, bikinis, and a lot of tanktops. Faramirsmyman...I agree with you I love hoodies! I think that they are so awesome.
Ohtarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 10:05
Whatever's clean enough at the time
(I think it's a uni-student thing)

Most of my stuff's pretty much based around earthy colours...(I think that's an Elvish thing...) so about 50 shades of green, brown, a bit of orange, grey, and then lots of black...
Mainly it's jeans with one of the above colours on top I guess!

Jewellery: silver - mainly Celtic-inspired, or little grey wolf pendant; my little collection of silver earrings (studs mainly): winged horses, daggers, unicorns, fairies, fish bones...

So yeah... definitely my own style!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 02:24
Anything that doesn't have to be ironed and is appropriate for school.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 05:48
I'm pretty much don't care what I wear but I keep away from two specific colors. Yellow and pink. I just don't like it at all. I mostly wear dark colors or sometimes dark. I'm usually wearing blue-jeans (all blue and one dark blue close to black) and a shirt. It's really rare to see me in a skirt or a dress. It really depends in what mood I'm in. I'm ''picky'' when it comes to dressing up.

Just like scots56, anything that doesn't have to be ironed and that is appropriate for school.

Jewlery: Always wearing black beaded necklace (from Ecuador), either a gold watch or silver and gold color watch, a bracelet and sometimes rings. I have to ear holes on each ear. So, in total I wear four earings...lol.

Well, I pretty much like gothic clothes but I don't buy the clothes for some reason. I guess I'm too lazy.

That's it, really.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 11:46
Usually blue jeans and a T-shirt or sweater, or "smart casual"; I only dress up for very special events. Easy care is also an important criteria for me in choosing my clothes. I like strong colours - black, white, red, purple, and such; earthy colours are not for me.

As for jewelry, I'm an earring freak - the bigger the better. But, they have to be silver or gold.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 03:01
I love wrap clothes. Wrap pants, wrap skirts... check out your nearest tibetan clothing store and you'll get what I'm saying. They're really loose, never shorter than ankle, and don't actually have any stitching holding the sides together. Like wrapping a sheet around the waist, for the skirts, and tying it there.

I don't have any tibetan style shirts (*stares blissfully at beautiful black embroidered silk side button shirt she saw last time she was at the gallery...*) but I want some.

I like black and dark blue and grey and silver. muted... but still catchy. I like embroidery.

Of course I have my weird days too... jeans... or tees, or yesterday I wore a baggy hooded jacket that has lots of holes and these ragged old pants that used to be black and now are sorta bluish gray black and have lots and lots of holes.... didn't brush my hair and neglected to wear shoes... That's me in a bad mood.

'nuf detail? oh yes, jewelry. I have a silver owl pendant I **always** wear, on a silver chain, and a goat's show collar, and a Ring of Barahir. And one gold earring I switch from side to side.

Okay. Done.
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 07:02
I usually wear jeans. I'd like to wear skirts more often, but I have huge feet, so it is impossible to find shoes that you can wear with skirts.
My taste in tops is very strange. I usually wear black or blue tops for some reason, but styles depend on the occasion.
I hardly have any formal things, and I don't have many very plain things, all my clothes seem to be somewhere in the middle.
I have lots of nice jewlery, but never seem to wear much. I usually wear a watch, some form of hairband, and occasionally neclaces, bracelets and rings.

[Edited on 9/3/2006 by Anoria_Miriel]
ViggoBliggo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 08:33
As I am a man, I do not wear skirts like many of you here....I wear mostly black metal or gothic clothes....only grim colours like black, dark blue, and red....then I have clothes like Aragorn wears....a black surcoat, hooded cloak, dark blue linen shirt and black boots with black rags wrapped around my legs.....I go to school and public places with them....they are comfortable...so I really do not care what other people think....
about jewelry....I do not have any big jewelry...a viking pendant with the shape of Thor's hammer, a gothic cross, these spiky things around my wrists........sometimes also safety pins.....
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 08:57
Echoes with the previous speaker: I'm a man. But I normally wear sturdy clothes, bluejeans, thick 8very often wool) shirts and heavy boots. but htis is mostly since I mostly work in a stable... but when I go into town I go goth... black, blue, purple, gray and silver are the favorite colors. And I have a blackcolored footlong milistyle outercoat, and the fact that my natually black hair goes down below my shoulderblades nowadays doesn't make me 'brighter'.
I actually have five earings in whitegold in my leftie and the engagementring is sort of mandatory.

I got a good comment from one of the social assistents that I work with through the Breg Hêns Programme.
"And you are supposed to be one of our rolemodels..."
Wulf_Sternhammer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 03:21
I tend to live in shorts and t-shirts and bare feet all year round even though I live in South Eastern Australia. I get many a strange look when Its blowing a gale, 12 c and raining, wearing a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and bare feet, but i start to over heat if i wear much more. I tend to wear darker earthy colours, black, dark greens, dark blues, greys and browns.
I also wear Indian sarongs and Polynesian Lap Laps, something else that gets me odd stares (yes I am also a man, and an old hippy ). Occasionally, when the occasion calls for it I dress up in more formal attire, though my wife doesn't cope well if I wear the traditional black suit, white shirt, black tie as she says I look like a man with a head transplant.
As for jewellery, I have multiple piercings (22), so I wear a collection of assorted rings, barbells and spikes. I also wear an 8 strand Celtic plait armband my wife made for me.

Live and love
Wulf.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 10:01
Old Tom Bombadil was a merry fellow;
bright blue his jacket was and his boots were yellow,
green were his girdle and his breeches all of leather;
he wore in his tall hat a swan-wing feather.

The King's fisher shut his beak, winked his eye, as singing
Tom passed under bough. Flash! then he went winging;
dropped down jewel-blue a feather, and Tom caught it
gleaming in the sun-ray: a pretty gift he thought it.
He stuck it in his tall hat, the old feather casting;
'Blue now for Tom' he said, 'a merry hue and lasting!'

For formal occasions I usually wear a bright blue nehru suit, yellow disco boots, pimp hat with a blue feather, and turtleneck shirt with love beads or puka shells.
tiniwel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 04:04
I would describe myself as a sloppy prep. I take care of my clothes, but I don't have to match exactly. And I wear skirts and stuff for church. I have a lot of t shirts with cartoon chracters on them. They're cute!

Sarah aka TIniwel
Gam-gam
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 07:24
Jeans + T-shirts/Long Sleeved T-shirts = my style

yah ... I'm sooo bored of it!! I luv skirts but most skirts I see are waaaay too short for my taste. I like them to at least hit my knee. Also, I won't buy a shirt if it doesn't reach my jeans and go over them 2 or 3 inches.
I'd like to wear other stuff, but I'm really bad at finding stuff.
I got an offer from a girl in my class to go shopping with me sometime cuz she likes picking out clothes for people. hmmm... maybe I should call her

oOo, and also, I have this one pair of tennies I always wear. The soles are coming off big time, but I love them!!!
Nazgulsbane
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 11:43
jeans that aren't too tight, or too baggy, but just right, sorta flared or boot cut, with cargo pockets, and a hoodie. I love hoodies....I didn't used to...but my friend bought me one for my birthday once...and ever since then, I never go anywhere without one oh, for shoes: Adidas Superstars (or All stars as some people call them) they're awesome!!
I also really like those shirts from like Aeropostale and stuff, the ones that are see through, so I wear a cami underneath them. As far as jewelry goes, I really only wear two leather bracelets (one on each hand) and then a black leather watch on me left hand, and a rope bracelet on my right ....and a ring to always remind me of my commitment to God to submit to His will and let him carry my burdens.

I don't like wearing skirts very much, but I got a lot of them, for church and stuff, so I don't mind them that much...but...but whatever

~Alyssa~
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 11:28
I tend to live in shorts and t-shirts and bare feet all year round even though I live in South Eastern Australia.

Well, something tells me you and PJ would get along really well, Wulf

As for me, I'm pretty much stuck in the early-90's grunge look when I'm not at work and trying to look like a competent professional...I like loose jeans, wool sweaters, comfy tees, and celtic jewelry

Oh, and I forgot to add...sandals. I live for sandals.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by Aowyn]
Rastling
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 03:10
it all depends on the day and how I feel. I have tons of clothes so I can dress up in anyway basically. I can be Uber punk.... with my plain pants and Anti- Nazi punk workshirt along w/ my hoody filled with patches...or I can be freakishly goth... dressed to the night with my velvet jacket with fuzzy stuff, or I can be rather normal and wear jeans and a legolas shirt.
fasa09
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 06:50
I'd consider myself gothic with a tad bit of punk mashed together and gone mad. Lots of people at my school call me 'death child' because I wear black all the time (either black shirt and pants or black shirt and blue jeans) and I write extremely morbid poetry. But some days, I'll show up in brown jeans, a t shirt, and cowboy boots (anda cowboy hat on hat day!). Still others I wear cargos or camo with a hoodie or a shirt with something clever written on it. Therefore... the crazy gothpunk cowgirl?
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 08:24
I wear pants most of the time... I'm pretty casual. It's all about comfort for me. If I could, I'd stay in my Pajamas all day!
There are times that require me to dress nice, though, and I do enjoy dressing up and looking nice, but only once in a while.
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 10:39
For work, I like classic tailored clothing, Pendleton suits, sweater sets with longish plaid pleated skirts. At home, jeans or cords or sweats with cotton turtlenecks in the winter and plain cotton tshirts in the summer. I avoid button-style shirts because I have a large bust and smallish arms/shoulders, so woven-fabric blouses are either way too big in the arms or gap across the front. Knit shirts seek their own balance.

And tankinis! I go to pool every day in the summer, and I like to wear 2 piece suits for bathroom convenience (especially since I drink beer at the pool) but 30 pounds of baby over the years have left my belly a mess of stretch marks that no one really needs to see. Two piece suits that cover it all up are the greatest fashion innovation in recent memory.
Iston_le
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 07:34
well, i'd have to say, i usually wear blue jeans (pretty much everyday) and i always wear hoodies i love them! i dress pretty much exactly the same everyday at school cause it's sooo darn cold. i wear a long sleve shirt and a hoodie, and i'm still freezin!! i think i have a problem...but i was surprised cause i wore a sweater to school today, that's a first. and my friends and i are actually counting the days that i dont wear a hoodie, i think it's three now. and i never wear any jewlery (i dont even own any) i just dont really like to dress up. ooh, but i do wear THE ONE RING, only cause i'm obssesed with LOTR, and thats the only kind of jewelry i ever wear. lol

[Edited on 21/12/2004 by Iston_le]
outlawgirl09
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 10:09
My normal attire is shorts and a t shirt. But right now it is cold so I am wearing a big sweater and some pants. My colors are normally shades of blue and black. Sometimes I will wear red. In the winter I wear jeans and boots. In the summer I wear flip flops. No jewelry. I don't have any bracelets, and I can not stand to wear necklaces. My ears are not pierced, but I plan to get them pierced when I turn sixteen.
So, I am pretty normal.
Brannion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 04:46
I'm pretty much a preppy-styled person... but I'm not the stuck-up kind... Just figured I'd let ya know.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 05:19
I like comfy and relaxed jeans & t-shirts. (I get very depressed in winter, because I don't have any "nice" sweaters, and it's a little to cold to wear t-shirts. lol) The only jewelry I usually wear is a fish necklace & simple earings. (I hate dressing up!
Brannion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 05:23
I'd love to have Christian-type jewelry and clothing... if that's what I had then that's pretty much all I'd dress in. I'm that kind of person... FULL-OUT Faith. Sorry... *Goes back to my beanbag chair.*
Loon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 05:49
i wear what is cheap because im away at boarding school and i dont have the splendor of my parent's buying everything, but i usually wear a lot of jeans, hoodies and a sort of mix, i like more european styles though, more dressy and such as that
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 03:53
Everything black. I love black.
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 05:56
This is all verrry interesting. I saw the phenonemon 'hoody' alot, didn't know what that was, so I looked for an image on google. So they are just big sweaters
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:01
I tend to go for expensive stuff, but my mum just freaks out
I like some nice pair of jeans, and then a sweater to it. My fav clothes are probably from Lindeberg, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Burberry or something...hard to describe a style! I do mix expensive and cheap stuff though, as long as the brand isn't too common, like Only. (In Sweden EVERYONE wear Only, bleh)
As for shoes, last year I bought these lovely, pointy black esprit-boots and I wear them everyday. Can't stand a life without them, really.
Since it's quite cold in Sweden, I don't really wear skirts, even though I'd like to.
I have coloured contact lenses, and that's great fun! I try to match my clothes with the lenses, and it's nice to change everyday. Blue, green, brown, grey - it's so much fun, try it
I don't really like wearing jewellery, except my dkny watch...it's almost worn out, I love it. I have the Ring of course, but I don't really wear it
outlawgirl09
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 01:14
Oh, cool! I want colored contacts but my mother wants me to pay for them and I am to cheep and my eyes change colors by themselves, (though normally they look about the same color as Viggo's.) I guess I wear expensive stuff too. If I go to this on site to buy my clothes then my dad will pay for them, but he also only lets my buy what he thinks is OK. I actually don't mind though because he is a guy and even though he is older he still knows what guys like.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 01:56
**Grabs entire wardrobe** Letme see... School clothes: black trousers, blue shirt and a black jumper. Boring, but heck, I have no choice. A pair of jeans waaay to big (I weigh less at the moment then I have for five years, and I've had these for four years...!), and falling apart... About six tight black t-shirts/spag tops, a pair of black loose trousers, and, uh, a Galadriel dress, two cloaks (One black and flece-y, the other Jedi-master-style). Oh! And my archery clothes - a pair of boys "skater" jeans (£1 from a charity shop!), and a green top. I don't really go in much for one style, and I only wear my own clothes on the weekend/holidays, so I don't have that much. I guess if you had to give me a label based on my clothes it'd be grunger; clean clothes? In my cuboard? Your kidding, right?

Jewelry - a pendant with a bow and arrows on it on a red cord, a celtic knot ring Megan gave me, a silver ring with a purple stone in it, a thumb ring which is made of a pattern of leaves, a ring with a blue stone in the middle (I named it Wilya after Vilya...), two shag bands - one was given to me by Leo, a black ribbon round my right ankle, a rainbow cord round my left, and the earings my ears were pirced with. Although, on special occasions, I replace these with pentagram earings or saftey pins... Sometimes I wear some more rings, and some more bracelets, but not that often.

I have very set jewelry.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email