Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Your style of clothing!?-
on: April 12, 2007 05:50
I do too Elfmaiden. Any log botoms are a must, no short skirts, capris, or shorts. I do not like my legs either, so I try and cover them up. My legs are not bony, but they are hard as rocks from muscles. Right now I am wearing a black mid shin skirt with lace on it and my Pirates of the Carribean shirt that says Pirates for life on it and a cream cami under it. I like to mix things up. I tend to love to wear dark colors, none too bright. I wear greens, browns, black, grey, dark blue, red,and that is it. NO purple, pink, yellow, light blue, orange, that sort. My favorite piece of jewellry is a silver celtic style/ goth/ cross with a piece of onyx in the center. It is always on a long silver chain and my dark hair is down usually. It is almost to my waist and still growing. My ears at one point were pierced, but I let the holes grow over after seeing one of my friends get an earring ripped out during a fight.

[Edited on 12/4/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 11:52
yes, I don't wear a lot of light colors, but I do wear purples.

My favorite piece of jewelry that reminds me of a pirate medalion sort of, but silver. Very simple and I like it a lot.

I have a pirates shirt too, it says I Love Pirates and it has the skull on it and a little picture of the Black Pearl.
I also have another pirate shirt that says I Love Jack. I had to get it because....well it's a long story, I just had to get it.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 02:26
My style? Jeans -- almost always jeans. Sweaters and T-shirts, mostly...my favorite shirt being a tee that says "Humans aren't the only species on Earth. We just act like it." I want some other T-shirts with sayings. I'd like a hobbit related one, but unfortunately all that I can find seem to be the products of a perverted mind. Except I did see an awesome green shirt on the Internet that said Gamgee Gardening Service on it. Noboy I know would understand it though. OK, back to the topic...I usually wear a necklace -- either my Celtic cross or a large, ornate silver key on a chain. The latter has inspired some good LotR jokes and an interesting Frodo impression or two. I also wear earrings--silver, dangly, pretty! I'm fascinated by all that's medieval ...and elven fashion's pretty cool too.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 03:06
well I guess I wear age appropriate clothes. I am well nourished and so I tend to wear clothes that are slimming. I do wear jeans and different kind of tops but they all have sleeves. I wear Capri's in the summer and slacks and I wear flowing type of dresses that are comfortable. I will be 55 on the 18th. I love so many different types of jewelry but prefer the old-fashion type like Victorian or Celtic.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 03:20
I'd like a hobbit related one, but unfortunately all that I can find seem to be the products of a perverted mind. Except I did see an awesome green shirt on the Internet that said Gamgee Gardening Service on it.

Michaela- have you seen the CoE store? They sell quite a few nice t-shirts. I own the Little People one that has about ten tiny LotR characters all in a line. It's super cute! The fabric quality is good too- very soft. I also got one that had an elven leaf on it, but the image faded past recognition after so many washes.

As far as jewelry goes I have a pretty specific taste. I don't like gold or silver much, so that limits things a lot. I like colorful beads, medium-sized pendents, and chokers.
golden_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 03:34
Well, I wear t shirts mostly and jeans when at school, but on the weekends and on breaks, I wear long skirts that vary from knee length to floor length, embriodered tops, blouses, and I have one tunic. It is white and has a tan vine with leaves design around the neck.
I love your break/weekend style!! And I like the description of your tunic. I kind of want a tunic...

[Edited on 13/4/2007 by golden_lorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 03:34
Yeah, that is how I really like to dress, but I dare not do so at school. I have a rep there for being a depressed looking, quiet, easily angered person. Somewhat of a rebel, and tunics, long skirts, embriodered tops do not cut it. I have been the above ever since I started school, so I could not change so suddenly. Right now I have on dark wash Levi boot cut jeans sort of tight, and a Rolling Stones grey tee that is long and sort of tight. My hair is down and drying, I never use a hairdryer. I either towel dry or I headbeng until my hair is dry.

golden lorien, I got my tunic at a K-mart store, it was on sale for ten dollars and I begged my mom for it. They are comfortable and mine is a light gauzy material, so I can wear it in the summer and not be smothered.lol I actually tend to wear jeans all year round as well as long sleeved shirts, I do not get hot or cold, I never really feel it. Okay, I am going now, I seem to be rambling.
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 03:44
I'd like a hobbit related one, but unfortunately all that I can find seem to be the products of a perverted mind. Except I did see an awesome green shirt on the Internet that said Gamgee Gardening Service on it.

Michaela- have you seen the CoE store? They sell quite a few nice t-shirts. I own the Little People one that has about ten tiny LotR characters all in a line. It's super cute! The fabric quality is good too- very soft. I also got one that had an elven leaf on it, but the image faded past recognition after so many washes.

There's a CoE STORE?

Haha, that answers your question, then. I'm off to look at the store hen.
golden_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 02:17
golden lorien, I got my tunic at a K-mart store, it was on sale for ten dollars and I begged my mom for it. They are comfortable and mine is a light gauzy material, so I can wear it in the summer and not be smothered.lol I actually tend to wear jeans all year round as well as long sleeved shirts, I do not get hot or cold, I never really feel it. Okay, I am going now, I seem to be rambling.
Ok, cool. I'll keep my eyes open.
Lindelenilda
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 11:58
Skirts are the best! :love: I love wearing really long ones (down to my ankles). I love capris too. As far as tops go, I like them pretty tight (all right, I admit I'm proud of being slender). Sadly, I get cold very easily, so I'm always wearing one layer more than everyone else. It's extremely annoying. :banghead:
I never wear anything skimpy (my sis was shocked that I was "actually showing [my] legs!"... wearing a skirt to my mid-calf. :rolleyes: I'm not that bad, I swear!). I tend to stay away from bright colors and gaudy patterns, as well as weird synthetic fabrics. I never wear any make-up.

For jewelry, anything delicate/elegant is fine by me. I have several beaded bracelets and necklaces, and a lovely sailboat pendant I need to get a chain for. I never got my ears pierced, so earrings are out of the picture. If I had nice rings I would wear them, but I don't.

Right now I'm wearing a light green T-shirt, a blue cotton sweater with teeny-weeny flowers sprinkled over it, and a long dark grey skirt.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 02:08
I want to make myself a tunic since I am good with a sewing machine. That way I can personalize it

Right now I'm wearing a dark red shirt that says I love pirates, and a black tank top underneath. I'm wearing a white zip up hoodie over that. then my jeans and socks, drying my hair too, I don't use a hair dryer either, I just like my hair to dry without it

I don't usually wear skirts or anything to my Friday Program, which is where homeschoolers meet to do some fun classes, like in school. I have a reputation too, sort of. I usually wear my hoodie and jeans look, cause I'm the girl that guys stay away from, lol! I am extremely tomboyish and therefore if any guys bother me, I deal with them, not violently

But I do enjoy wearing skirts and being a pretty little elf girl
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Lindelenilda
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 03:12
But I do enjoy wearing skirts and being a pretty little elf girl

My feelings exactly! I really want to make myself an "elven" dress someday. The thing is, I have no experience at all in making clothes...
golden_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 04:55
I really want to make myself an "elven" dress someday. The thing is, I have no experience at all in making clothes...
I want to make myself an elven dress, too! (I have a little experience with a sewing machine, but not enough, in my opinion).

A few days ago, I was wondering what the point of dressing in style was. (No offense meant to anyone who does! ) OK, I'll admit it: sometimes I do try to dress in style, but most of the time I don't worry about it, and sometimes I wonder why I even try. Today was one of those days. Right now, I'm wearing a pair of jeans, a plain, blue (not form-fitting) T-shirt, and a brown zipper hoodie. (I just realized that my shirt and hoddie both came from Mountain Equipment Co-op). I never realized how fun it was to just wear "whatever"..... although I do like wearing form-fitting clothing.

Just my little rant. I hope it didn't offend anyone.
Peace favour you!
Golden.
Fingolfin~of~Beleriand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 03:11
Well, you'd have to make it yourself or have it specially made, which would probably cost a lot.

Me, I just prefer jeans or pants, and a t-shirt. Like every other red-blooded American.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 12:50
Elfmaiden, I think I have the same shirt as you!!! I am wearing it right now with my old jeans, which have holes in them from working, not because I bought them. I have on my black leather flip flops with the silver studs in the straps, and my hair is down. I have recently been told that I should try and dress more "in style" by my sister; apparently she does not like my style of clothing. To make her mad the other day I wore a sweat pants Adidas outfit colplete with an Adidas shirt and my shocks tennis shoes, you should have seen her lol. Elfmaiden, I am the one who is also avoided by guys, unless they are my friends. I have always been tomboyish, since I grew up with all guys and there were no girls around, that is where most of my scars I have now come from.lol.

Me, I just prefer jeans or pants, and a t-shirt. Like every other red-blooded American.
I agree Fingolfin. I wear jeans, pants, and t shirts most of the time, most comfortable thnigs ever invented in my opinion.
Fingolfin~of~Beleriand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 02:17
Here's the main reason I like quality jeans(not ones with holes in them) and t-shirts. The jeans last a long time, and the shirt doesn't prohibit my movement, and its more comfortable. Sry 'holy' jeans people!
Caleniel41
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 10:03
Most people would consider my style of clothing somewhat strange. It certainly is different from what you usually see.

I wear alot of skirts. No not mini skirts. Your regular "old-fashoined" ankle length skirt. (FYI I don't do that just to look like an Elf!! lol Still, you wouldn't believe the stares I get whenever I walk into a mall XD) I'm from one of those "radically" Catholic families that homeschool, learn Latin and acknowledge that modesty is important! Granted, I do wear my share of jeans, but there're never ripped, tight or anything else that goes into that category.

I wear mostly t-shirts, I layer sometimes and don't wear alot of jewelry unless it's a special occasion... Excepting earrings, my miraculous medal, and a watch. As for my hair... I won't even go there. lol Most days it's too frizzy to do anything with except tie it back.

I suppose I'd better stop now.

Haudh_en_Arwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2007 07:51
My style...
hm, very eclectic, too say for sure.
Firstly, I do notwear skirts, so it is jeans all the way, either acid wash light blue, or medium blue, I dont have any dark jeans.
I mainly wear band t-shirts & the like. If I'm feeling dressy, I'll wear a long sleeve white shirt [about 3 sizes too big] under a vest and tie.
I love shoes, but mainly with my outfits I wear my Converse high-tops [greeeen * black] or my Van chucks [olive * black]
My favorite colors are green & black, by the way
I've been called punk and emo and even gothic before, but I think my style is uniquely me and my inibility to have any sort of fashion sense.
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 01:26
I have a few different styles. The one I wear the most is pretty much a shirt from places like Abercrombie, Hollister, or even Sears, and jeans. I like weathered jeans.
Sometimes I go for a ranger look! I know it sounds silly, but I like it. I'll wear rustic looking jeans, a leather belt, a brown shirt, and a darker brown jacket. It's pretty simple.
I also like the ranch girl look. Rolled up jeans and a plaid, country shirt (like this: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?rcid=womens&scid=cat90038&navroot=womens&productId=0355_5721 )
With this I like wearing my hair in two braids. It's cute on me :blush:
I wear any jewelry that looks good with my outfit.
I'm an earthy style girl
bowman
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2007 02:34
Usually some kind of skateboard brand shirt, like element or audio. audio skate shoes or converse low-top allstars. and either cargo shorts or volcom tight skate jeans. =)

top that off with a little-past-the-collar dirty blond hair with to-my-noes-bangs that i flip out of my eyes and you have my style.

[Edited on 6/5/2007 by bowman]

Edited by mod to condense two posts into one.

[Edited on 5/6/2007 by BelleBayard]
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 07:38
Black, of course. Black T-shirts, dress shirts, and polos, black jeans, black cargo pants, black baggy pants, black socks, black Vans, black rimmed glasses, and my replica Ring of Barahir. Occasionally I wear blue jeans with my black, or even put on a green or grey shirt, but it's mostly black for me. I once even wore black nail polish (my ex thought it would be funny), and I used to wear a pendant on a black cord.
Hawkstra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 02:17
Hmmm... Anything green I usually like... Since the school I'm going to next year has a strict dress code I've had to alter my style a little. I'm wearing more solids, in nice Elvish greens and a few Hobbity oranges to spice things up. I'm wearing more collared shirts (in the right colors one can really look Elf-like in them) and denim pants without the holes and extra embroidery. Really, with a green short-sleeve blouse, some dark blue jeans, a silver necklace, and a long-ish braid an Elfy look is easy. I usually wear tons of jewelry all depending on my mood. I've stopped wearing my One Ring until I can find a new chain for it though. The old one gave me a rash... Lately I've been into my Celtic-knot pendant or an oak leaf necklace. Errr.... Thats it!
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 04:21
Nordstroms all the way. I do not buy clothing from Hollister, A&F or stores like that because i do not like their clothing and it is a bit too preppy for me (no offense to anyone). I like being unique. I was called a hypocrite for wearing Nordstroms and not Hollister, i have no clue how that works. My favorite outfit consists of a pair of jeans, tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt. I love comfortable clothing. I also like JC Penneys, Macys, etc...oh and Ross (i can always find good clothing there for cheap). I tend to like winter colors like blue, purple, green, brown, black. Hahaha alot of my shirts are blue, its pretty funny. I never realized that until just recently.

[Edited on 31/5/2007 by Burzlondewen]
GOLOTR
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 02:50
I LOVE accesories!!! I'm known at my school for the earring girl because i have over 60 pairs of earrings!! I love them!!! I also love hemp necklaces with lots of beads. My closet is full of blue, green, and peach. My favorite outfit is probably jeans, cool shoes, a solid colored shirt, and a denim jacket with accessories of course!!! I really like polos though also! but my hair is my signature look!!! Really light Blonde and curly!!! love it!!! :rolling:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2008 08:40
Hmm, I've changed my style from my last post in here. It's not so much the old stuff I wore, I threw most of that out. XD I wear black short skirts with stripey socks, Vans, high tops, skinny jeans, band tees, graphic tees with some color on them (majority of it black), black hoodies, stuff like that. I wear black nail polish, paired with two nails painted either blood red or pink, and serious eyeliner and eyeshadow. I also wear fingerless gloves, amazing socks, scarves, and I have this one really awesome purple hat... XD

Pair it with major bangs hanging over one eye cut in a diagonal line and you have mii style!! XD

I could've just said I dress in the emo/scene clothing. Hot Topic is my store, I swear I could live in there. =P

[Edited on 1/12/2008 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2008 09:52
lol, sounds like an awesome style, Elfalas. XD

I'm pretty casual about what I wear, it has to be comfy and stuff but this is what I mostly wear. Which is, dark colored hoodies, jeans that are usually torn at the knee, or are distressed. I'm a huge supporter of Converse One Stars. They're my favorite type of shoe, and I have two pairs in black.
I also some times wear short plaid skirts, usually over my jeans, cause it gets cold.
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2008 10:42
I don't think I have answered this thread before.

You could describe my ctyle as gothic. I like dark, powerfull colours. I like to wear high heels, but I also like combat boots. I hate everything pink, yellow etc. The colours are just too... ew. But if you like them.. well whatever rocks your boat.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 21, 2008 02:08
Well I normally wear what i have to wear... So like 80% I'm in uniform ... which is always black slacks, black shoes and whatever uniform shirt I have for that job (I have two jobs).

Aside from that... it also depends what I'm doing... for eg hanging around at home vs going to church or to the movies with friends.

Jeans are a favourite though... and the shirt is usually fairly plain, I tend to go for a more 'simple' but still nice look... My shirts are NEVER bright colours or loud. I dont' where much jewellery at all... sometimes earrings (to make sure I keep the piercings) and always a watch. Basically I'm always neat and tidy and try to dress for whatever the occasion is
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2008 03:48
Lots of green, grey and blues. I am partial to "Joules" shirts. I like the bright colours.
~~Tinuviel~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2008 04:41
I often dress kinda preppy, but I'm not stuck-up at all. I love track pants, hoodies, cute shirts, flip-flops when the weather is good, tank-tops, etc.

[Edited on 1/12/2008 by ~~Tinuviel~~]
BlueEyedPheonix
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2008 07:25
In a word...black. Lots of black, i just like that colour. Also fun t-shirts and jumpers.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2008 11:55
A t-shirt that is usually any color and blue jeans. I feel so average joe wearing it but its better than a button down shirt.
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2008 07:48
Mostly its jeans and a t-shirt for me.I like black clothing.Only sometimes I wear bright colours if I'm in the mood,or if it's just too hot.I dont wear dresses or skirts,though I used to have to wear one for school.I luv wearing necklaces,I have dozens of them.I dont wear rings or bracelets as much,and I dont have pierced ears.
Nenluinil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 12:14
I wear jeans and plain t-shirts... i like ones with patterns on it too. i don't usually wear jewelry but i do occasionally.
Ganymede_Symi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2009 06:52
The only dresses and skirts I have are for my Ren Faire costumes, lol.

For everyday things, I just wear jeans, and graphic tees, and a corset or two sometimes. And I ALWAYS have my trench coat over it. It's black, floor length, has a few studs and skulls on it, and is splitt up the back and a few places in between.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email