Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Your style of clothing!?-
on: December 23, 2004 02:39
You know, I really love that this thread is popular, cause I really like hearing people talk about clothes. I LOVE clothes :blush:

@Nevthoniel: Burberry is cool! But I can't afford it! :nono:

purplefluffychainsaw: I really like your taste in jewelry!
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 03:37
Hmm..I don't really have one set style lol. First of all, unless its church or special occasions, I live in my jeans! I almost never wear skirts or dress pants. In the winter, *looks in closet* I tend to ear a lot of sweaters. Many of them either have interesting necklines, or belled sleeves-some sort of personality lol.
Warmer weather--still live in jeans. I have never liked shorts so I don't wear them. I like to wear those long sleeved shirts with the thin fluttery sleeves. They look remotely "elfy" so I love them!

I wear a lot of reds and blacks, as those are my favourite colors.

Jewelry--sometimes I wear a thick orange and brown beaded choker necklace. I always wear a thin black netting bracelet, and a silver rose ring.

Hmm..that about sums it up. This is an interesting htread to read through!
gnome
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 04:35
Thriftstores Rock! They tend to have the most unique stuff. At the moment i'm deeply in love with plaid (as i have been for...uh, i dunno...2, 3 years?). cargo pants are cool...ooh and i have this new fascination with duct tape! haven't bought new shoes in like a year, and that's saying a lot! but i've got these ginormous feet and since i'm a girl, it's really hard to find any cute footwear. o, but i do LOVE my K.B. boots (kick butt boots). Anything unique, "hippy"-like(as in the 60s-not referring to the hips), or in any way elvish looking...
...and i have this gorgeous LotR type dress made after a Simplicity pattern for the red and black Arwen dress. instead of red i have gold and i green replaces the black. It's the best and i'm endeavoring to wear it to school! just cause i'm a LotR freak like that and i really don't care about what people think of me!
hehehe!

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by gnome]
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 04:56
Warmer weather--still live in jeans. I have never liked shorts so I don't wear them. I like to wear those long sleeved shirts with the thin fluttery sleeves. They look remotely "elfy" so I love them!
You sound like me, Nyérëven. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl but I also love those thin, ethnic-type shirts and peasant blouses. And I never wear shorts either...I live in jeans. I'm your basic tomboy-flowerchild-naturefreak. Comfort before fashion is my motto. We can't wear jeans where I work so I have like 6 pairs of Dockers Low-Ride Cargo pants in various colors. I love earthtones - browns, greens, greys. I also love orange (autumn colors are my fav) and some shades of blue and purple. And I'm very basic with my choice of shoes, too. At work I always wear black leather clogs with a silver buckle. When I'm not at work I gotta have my brown hiking boots. I'm definitely not a girly-girl. I'm an outdoorsy chick. But I do clean up okay and I like to get dressed up every now and again for a special occassion.
viressegurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:53
i try to stay from light colors.... but if i must wear light... its white..

i prefer bell bottom jeans or flares..... or baggy pants...

i don't wear jewelery... at least not yet...
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 09:55
This is all verrry interesting. I saw the phenonemon 'hoody' alot, didn't know what that was, so I looked for an image on google. So they are just big sweaters

I too keep seeing 'the hoody' mentioned everywhere. Guess you can't go wrong with a hooded sweatshirt!

My clothing is sort of mixed -- I try to buy things that resemble 19th century fashion (skirts with a bustle, profuse material, &c.) Mostly I have jeans, funky jackets, and a TON of those new shirts (that everyone has been selling) that look like lingerie. Love them!

A friend sent me a top hat for the holidays. Anyone have any cool hats?
ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 03:29
I wear shorts and t-shirts in the summer and jeans and hoddie and k-swiss shoes in the winter. I don't usually dress up except for church. I do not wear skirts though. I wear a watch, class ring, and a necklace made out of little rocks.
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 01:11
[quote
A friend sent me a top hat for the holidays. Anyone have any cool hats?

I had this really cool gangster hat,I LOVED that thing. But it got stolen:cry::cry::cry:
Feanorblingblingissues
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 06:39
Skaterish I suppose (I'm a skater so big suprise with that one)... I wear alot of surf/skateboard logo shirts baggy pants or shorts. No jewlery except a necklace I've worn for like 3 or 4 years.
Edit
I love hoodies and prefer dark colors

[Edited on 1/1/2005 by Feanorblingblingissues]
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 11:12
we_wantsss_Aragorn -- awww!! like a fedora? I loff fedoras!

we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 05:41
we_wantsss_Aragorn -- awww!! like a fedora? I loff fedoras!

yes, exactly, I loved that thing!
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 09:34
I suppose it's quite preppy, I like wearing shirts and blouse-style tops with jeans mainly.
~LadyofMirkwood~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 09:56
I love jeans! I wear them all the time! Well, I have skirts for church and stuff. And right now I really like those cowboy/blouse like shirts. I guess you would say I like preppy tops and not too tight jeans. As for jewelry I have my ears pierced and I love to pick out earrings and occasionally I wear a necklace. Thats about it.
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 10:54
My style in clothes..... Well, I usually wear jeans, their nice and comfy. I tend to wear 'practical' clothes, not really the skirts kinda girl. If I have to think about what I can and can't do in my clothes, then somethings wrong. For shoes I usually go with sneakers and when it's cold I wear boots. I don't really follow the trend or anything, but it does have to match.

Did this make any sense?
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:10
I wear all that crazy punky stuff. You know a shirt with a saying, black jeans and pink Chucks. lol I've got the black nail polish with like green and pink sparkles over it lol. I also always wear some kind of weird socks like my baby blue ones that near the top in pink plad say punk princess. Or the ones with football playing penguins on it..........
smeagolsverybestfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 10:45
Old navy jeans and any tee shirt!I LOVE SHOES!!!!!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 02:55
3 words: simple, modest, and attitude!

[Edited on 12/4/2005 by Myusernamerulea]
9digithobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 04:46
I'm amazed that people I know from work recognize me in my normal clothes. Clothes-shopping in most stores makes me scream, so most of my wardrobe has been gathered over the last 10 years from thriftshops and garage sales... and of course it includes bits and pieces of everything I've been way into at a time, so I think my style reads as "extremely confused" like when I wear one of my tie-dyes with cammie pants, my grey hoodie (I always have one grey hoodie. It is part of me. And I poke a hole at the bottom of the sleeves- woo! Instant fingerless gloves!) and my big black trench, big black boots and my fedora or my boonie hat. There was a time when I would have attracted lightning with the amounts of metal in my clothes... But typically it's jeans or cammies with a tee and a flannel, lots of earthtones and darks, rugged comfy stuff you can tromp up a mountain in. Until very recently I never wore skirts, but I found this mid-calf length tan knit skirt and a green corduroy apron at a garage sale, and I feel like a hobbit-lass when I wear them... then, a couple weeks ago I found a black velvet dress at a thrift shop and had the urge to paint the white tree on it... I've been wearing it around town at every opportunity, I'm just waiting for somebody to recognize it... I don't really wear jewelry, although I have this bracelet that has been on my wrist for 12 years and I have no idea where I got it, and my wedding ring of course. Most of the jewelry I own and never wear is old-style or funky. Oh, and I have a brooch that was my granddad's that I wear with my cloak. Its cool.
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 09:20
I like anything casual... like my jeans, my fave things to wear!

I need to be able to do anything in the clothes I wear, like go bungee-jumping if I wanted to or ride a bike or hand upside down or walk in the park and still feel comfortable. I'm not a big fan of skirts.

I like dangly earring a lot, though. Even to parties, I don't like to wear skirts or dresses that often, but I love dangly jewelery. Especially silver. :love:
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 05:49
Anything comfortable...but usually just black.
I prefer my black trousers or my long black suade skirt - tis very Victorian like. I often look like a Victorian school mistress when I wear it, especially with my white blouse and black shirt over it, lol. I get very bizarre looks when I go out shopping like that.
I also love my hand nets and my black and white striped socks and tights =)

Jewellry-wise, I always wear my watch, my choker, my cross and a chain around my neck.
Námovaryar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 05:44
Usual Wardrobe: Carpenter jeans, 30-30 size. Blue ink pen and flashlight in thigh pocket, handkerchief and cheat sheet in right back pocket. T-Shirt of indeterminate color/style. Green pea-jacket-style coat over all that, worn unbuttoned. Right pocket is filled with pen, pencil, planner and bus schedule; left pocket has lembas and book, usually; and breast pocket has wallet, knife, library card, and bus pass. Glasses and watch at temple and right wrist respectively. Very comfortable outfit, very light, good for anywhere.

[Edited on 14/4/2005 by Námovaryar]
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 12:38
wow, didn't check my own thread for ages! But I'm back!
Anyone got some new cool clothes? I guess I'm one of the few girl around who do like skirts, outside chruch, ey? Not that I attend chruch cause I'm more of a pagan type,but still....
I recently bought my first piece of PURPLE clothing, it has an amy brown faery on it and is cool!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:20
Revived in the name of TRUCK!

My style of clothing? Comfy. Usually I wear jeans or shorts and a T-shirt. I prefer walking around barefoot. My clothes are usually blue or green, sometimes greyish-brown or white. I like to blend in when I'm outside in the forest
I hate shopping, so a lot of my clothes are old hand-me-downs from my mum or cousins. I do like T-shirts, a lot. When I'm on holiday I always buy a souvenir T-shirt.
Skirts and dresses are okay, as long as they're comfy and plain, and preferably long. And I have to be able to walk and run without lifting it up to my knees I hardly ever wear them though, it's not very warm here in Norway. Besides, if I want dresses or skirts I'll have to go shopping *shudders*
As for jewellery, I'm not a big fan. Sometimes I'll wear my silver One Ring. I usually wear a necklace, a really old one with a cat pendant, or this Maori pendant I got in NZ.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:54
LOL, Celede. Go TRUCKers! :rolling:

Usually my style of clothing needs to be matching. I like to shop and buy alot of clothes. I usually wear blouse and jeans with a sandals that needs to be matching whenever I'm going to leave. I usually wear blouses with colors black, pink and blue.
I only wear T-shirts when I'm at home. And I don't walk barefoot!LOL. I also wear shirts only when at home.
I also wear skirts, not too long, maybe just a little bit above the knee and some long which is below the knee. I also wear modern-kamiseta as it is stylish here in the Philippines nowadays.
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 07:12
Eclectic! I like jeans and hoodies, ballgowns, smart suits, high heels, tennis shoes, peasant skirts, beaded tops... and dressing up for the Renaissance Fair! :love:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 08:17
Oh, I forgot! I also like high heels! LOL. I'm not that shorty girl but I just want to wear those.
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 10:03
Eclectic! I like jeans and hoodies, ballgowns, smart suits, high heels, tennis shoes, peasant skirts, beaded tops... and dressing up for the Renaissance Fair! :love:

your style sounds a bit like mine, except I dress up for the Elf Fantasy Fair
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 11:20
Oooh! That sounds like FUN!

we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 09:13
Oooh! That sounds like FUN!

It sure is fun! I got to meet Andy Serkis there!
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 05:14
Wow! That really is cool! I haven't met ANY of the cast...
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 05:39
My style of clothing is about as bland as you can get. I never wear make-up or high heels, or jewellery. I usually just wear jeans and a top, or whatever's there.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 09:24
*has totally changed*

I have five necklaces I wear always. A moonstone pendant-- the night and darkness. An owl pendant on a silver chain-- wisdom and clarity of sight. A shark's tooth on a leather cord-- pain/hurt/death. A gold chain-- love lost (the chain used to be the collar of a goat who I considered nearly a sister-- she died when I was ten, and that was the last time I've cried enough to actually wet a pillow). And a bright silver chain-- lies, they're always beautiful.

If you *had* to peg me down, you'd probably call me gothic now. Sorta punk/blackmetal-goth -- don't go for the lace-- leather, silks, hot-topic-esque pants. Chains, spikes. Lots and lots of black eyeliner, and black lipstick when I'm feeling more like scaring people than usual. I'm not the palest girl out there, but I'm not very tan either. Recently, I bagged all my non-black/red/silver clothes and threw it in my closet, cuz I'm too lazy to bother with sorting through them in search of black every day.

Seeing small children hide behind their parents is very fun. And Cradle of Filth are my idols.
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:54
I tend to wear t-shirts and jeans, with sweaters depending on the weather. Nothing too shabby, but my favorite shirts happen to fall into the "play clothes" catagory.

If I must dress up I try and avoid dresses/skirts at all costs, because of the fact I am not the most coordinated person on the planet. I go more along the lines of dress pants with a nice top.

As far as jewelry goes, I wear the occasional necklace if I'm feeling cheery. I constantly wear my purity ring which I wouldn't take off for anything.

Oh, yeah, lol, and I usually don't wear bright colors unless I'm feeling very happy when I wake up.
aranelthedude
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 10:08
I'm a little emo-punk-ska-thingymewhosit girl. Bring on charity shops, Strawberry fair, and my Pink converse All Stars which absolutely rule!

So yeah... I wear those little t shirt things with funny slogans, black jeans (or sometimes a skirt) and funky socks / stripes. You gotta have something comfortable in the mosh pit!
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 03:37
Booyah! And guess whp brought their first corset last week! *nances around happily* It's all lilac-y and pweddy and it was really, really cheap. ^^ Makes me happy.

I'm working on making a costume for my RP character Brenna, to wear next year when I'm in sixth form, and therefore non-school-uniform, to scare all the noobs that don't know me. Although, I'll probably scare the people who *do* know me as well... :evil:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email