Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did you pick your name ?
on: August 28, 2003 05:55
Well mine's in probably the easiest to figure out: i loved the idea of mortality and I thought about how that was symbollised phsically in ME and that was the Evenstar, but when I tried that it was already taken so I thought AEvenstar because I'm a huge Arwen fan and even used her for my art project.
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 05:09
Mine is my elvish name that my friend Kris found for me. I LOVE YOU KRIS!
Neneithel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 10:43
Neneithel is the name of an elf in a story I've been working on for a while. It means "spring water".

Neneithel
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 05:48
I wanted a nice Tolkien name, and all the "popular" movie names are pretty much taken, so I opted for one of the names of the Dúnedain of the North.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
sweetoffee14
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 08:41
em lol mines incredibly un-elvish, i use it for everything else so b4 i knew what the site was really about i put it as sweetoffee14 which i want to change if anybody can tell me how. anyway my dogs name is sooty and for some reason we call her swee, and i had a hamster called toffee, who ate her own leg so i had to mention her somehow and my fav number's 14 so that explains it. i'm serious about changing it though if it's poss tell me how.
Musicguru2121
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 10:17
my nickname actually came from a recent nickname my friends gave me. I, according to them, have the best music and I can find the best music. So, they started calling me the Music Guru, and it sort of stuck. I like it better than my last nickname, which was clueless (not because I am, naturally. Because I liked the movie with Alicia Silverstone)

musicguru
Elfhild
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 11:00
It was pretty easy to pick my name: my middlename is Alfhild.. in danish alf means elf... well, come to think of it: in the books (LotR), elf is translated with elves but as I remember it there is also some very small flying creatures who is called alfer (in danish - don´t know if it means the same as elves or do you have another name for them?)

ohh gosh, does this make any sence at all? :dizzy:
evenstar_451
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 10:33
I was brushing my hair one night which is very long and very dark, and my sister commented how much like Arwen's it is. So I thought that would do.
Unfortunately, that's were the similarity ends
mírfain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 07:51
my elvish name is mírfain...

(Marte- means Pearl. Sindarin: Mírfain ,'white jewel' I found it on a LOTR-site... I don't remember where...)
Bloduewedd
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 03:15
Bloduewedd is a maiden in Celtic mythology....welsh Celtic to be exact....in short she was created from flowers to be the perfect wife for this man but she fell for another and was turned into an owl.
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 07:15
Gandalf :love:

Yes, this really is lacking in imagination, but just after I registered it struck me how approprite, i.e. my hair colour = Gandalf The Grey's hair colour.

(Though much shorter)

[Edited on 14/12/2003 by Grey_Pilgrim]
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 11:45
I just took my screename from the first forum I registered to (SF Fandom) and put "_" between the words.
On another forum (LotR Plaza), I'm Lass of Rohan but since it's kind of a loose RPG there, I renamed myself Nicnamafah, which means "no name outcast" in old english. At the time of registering, I didn't know it was RPGish, so I didn't get very creative.
Daedhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:34
"dae"-which i believe is sindarin for "shadow"
"edhel"-elf

it refers to the elven name for some beings I created for a series of books I'm writing. These beings are commonly known as the Shadowkells, but the elves refer to them as daedhil, or "shadow elves".
Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 01:20
Aiya ilquen

My name (Camannar) is basically a warped mix of elvish (Cam meaning "hand" Anar means "sun" both in Quenya, but the word order is Sindarin meaning hand of the sun, and the n of Anar is doubled for some reason?) it was given to me by someone who said they spoke 'elvish'. Never trust someone who says they speak 'elvish' only trust them if they say 'sindarin' or 'quenya'. Anyhoo. If I could change my name I would change it to Anarendil (sun-friend) or Hwarinengwion (translation of my real name into Quenya).

Namárië

Camannar
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 05:26
Tyrhael is Sindarin for "Powers (of the) Wise." I don't really like it that much, though it took me days to come up with.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 04:47
Mine means Sword Maiden and as I am obsessed with sharp shiny pointed objects, it works for me lol!
Krazi4Kirby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 05:56
Well, my nickname is Krazi Wun, cuz I can get a little crazy at times and anyway, I really love my horse, Kirby, so I thought, I want a screen name that has something to do with Kirby... but I like Krazi Wun too... then I came up with Krazi4Kirby, because I'm Crazy for Kirby! (Or just plain crazy, lol)
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 08:06
The "Eowyn" part is because I :heart: Eowyn,the "22" is so people can tell me apart from other Eowyns out there.
SarumanRhodes
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 05:46
Mine's a very long story involving a friend with an overactive imagination who was taking AP european history. She made an obscure connection to a man named Cecil Rhodes and Saruman. So there you go, SarumanRhodes!
Ninquelas_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 07:31
Since my real name means "White...", I asked a friend of mine who knows the Elvish Sindarin names what "Whiteleaf" was. So, I am now known as Ninquelas of the Golden Woods. (I also changed Greenleaf to Whiteleaf, just to have a little relationship with a certain Elf Prince..)
"You shall die before your stroke fell!"
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 12:20
Okay, so my name would probabaly have the corniest source...

CITYOFANGEL is actually my pen name in Fanfiction.net. When I registered here on CoE, I was too lazy to come up with something more original, so I decided to just use that. :blush:

I chose CityofAngel because when I first started writing for Fanfiction.net, I was writing fiction of the TV show "Angel", the spin-off series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring David Boreanaz. After my LOTR obsession hit hard, I started to write more LOTR fanfiction, but I kept the name anyway as so not to confuse my readers of my identity. :dizzy:

Oh, my name is also that because my favorite city in the world is actually Los Angeles :love: (I don't live there, though. I've just visited it because I have a brother who lives there.)

My real name is not Angel, just so you know.

[Edited on 28/3/2004 by CityofAngel]
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 01:20
I use the name Isafjordur in a lot of my communications.

It is actually spelled Ísafjörður and is a fishing village located in
the Westfjords of Iceland (that part of Iceland that looks like a big claw). It is one of the remote areas of the country, but also very, very beautiful. (Though the winters can be hard and dark). There is a pretty cool adventure and culture tourism industry springing up there (X country skiing, kayaking, pack horse treks- and (supposedly) the world's smallest post office is there!) I chose it originally because it was the only town in Iceland I had not visited. Now I have been there, but I want to be there longer, so it is now a reminder that I need to get moving on it!

More info is here http://www.westfjords.is/index.phtml?lang=EN&page=myndir.phtml&e=38

Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 01:29
I don't really remember where I thought of the name, or when. I loved Galadriel in the books, and it stuck. The 112 is completely random.

Oh, and in case you're wondering.. The 'ei' instead of 'ie' is deliberate.

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by Galadreil112]
erwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 05:28
Erwood. 2 ways. You can pick which one you like best. My intials are E.R and then Wood (Meaning Elijah Wood) Or Er (the first 2 letters in my first name *Erin*) and then Wood (Erin means Wood in Elvish) SO instead of Elwood (Elijah's nickname) it's Erwood as my nick name. I might sound insane because it is so late and I'm sorry for anything spelled/typed wrong. I can't think when it's late. lol.
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 04:21
My name is just the translation of my German name "Buchfaramir" in the German LOTR movie forum herr-der-ringe-film.de. I picked the name, as Faramir is my favorite character in the book, but not in the movie, as I disliked, how PJ, Fran and Philippa changed his role in the TTT-TE. But I am happy that they chose the right actor and made Faramir nicer in the TTT-EE and in ROTK.
LOTR_ROCKZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 09:34
Well...what can I say? LOTR does rock!
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 01:07
Mine is pertty Simple, hobbitmom: I love :love: Hobbits and I'm a mom . I would love to live in the Shire and be Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin's mom :hug:.
Edely
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 09:44
Well, and mine is a shortened version of "Edeliannawen" - lady, gifted by the stars. Yup. I designed it when I first read the Sil, and wanted to use the full version as my all-time inet sn, but decided to shorten it to Edely. It's better this way, I think.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 05:05
Well...I am in love with Obi-Wan Kenobi! :love: My favorite character from the Silmarilion is Luthien...so I combined the two.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 12:08
i use this username every where, mercury is my favourite anime character, j for my name, uk 'cause i live in the uk.

it's not the best but i stick with it.
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 10:57
Me? Love ships, love elves so I found the name of Earendil's ship. Pretty simple.
chocolaterocks
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 12:37
Umm, mine's kind of self-explanatory.
BlueSting
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 11:45
lol chocolaterocks!
Well I wanted something different and I love sting but the name "sting" can get confused with the band ect. so I settled on bluesting
dwarfatheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 08:34
i think the name explains itself, dwarf_at_heart with the underscores doesn't always fit so i chose to leave them out. one of the only ways i truly feel un-dwarf-like is that this woman doesn't have a beard.

fyi in a couple of other places i am aka cousin_of_gimli.
Cailyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 12:20
My names are almost always based on characters from stories I've written. This one is from a LOTR fanfic I put on Fanfiction.net. She's a Peredhel who is destined for misery.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email