<< First678910
Author Topic:
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did you pick your name ?
on: January 24, 2006 01:49
I like /\ 's handle

I love the Sil, and the enemies therein seem more satisfiying to me. I tried Morgoth, Gothmog, all the cool ones, and they were taken. So after 15 inutes I tried Draugulin and it was taken. So I settled on a mis-spelled alternative.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 08:38
Well, my real name's Seena, and my friends at school started calling me Seenz There isn't much chance of it being taken by others, so I use this nick everywhere
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 11:58
I just thought it
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 08:21
I stole this name from a Harry potter fan fiction author haha! I couldn't resist though, I think it is a really cool name. I really like welsh names. If I was just registering now, i think i might have chosen Rhiannon.
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2006 01:27
I wanted just Melian but it was taken. Why Melian? Because I am Luthien's monther.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 03:00
i must confess i cheated. i used a name generator on the web, beause i have no imagination :blush:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 07:05
I chose my name because I live in Lorien and I'm an elf. okay, well in my dreams I live in Lorien.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2007 02:33
I thought I had posted in this thread. Well, Rose is my given name, arial or ariel is fey and elven, well goes without saying.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 03:23
I play Merry a lot and then on chat I got to be called Stella from being called by Phil Stellar, so instead of happy_dawg86, I became Stella. Plus I like ~.

My old name came from Happy the dog from 7th Heaven and I thought dawg was cool. 86 is my birth year.
Lady_Mairwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 09:27
Well my name came about from a lovely lady elf character thats been developing in my head for a while now. I named her Mairwen, and I really liked the name so I decided to use it here!
Caleniel41
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 10:49
My name comes from the elvish word for green "calen" as it is my favorite color! and I added 41 because that is the number of orcs Legolas killed at Helm's Deep! (In the books anyway, in the movies that can be debatable! )
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 07:47
Before I came up with "Tyrhael", it took me days just to find the proper username for a LotR forum. I once went by Mynegeorn, and Anwynd as well, but Tyrhael (or Idhraen, though I realized it should be Idhrain) is the name I use most everywhere now, other than variations on "Teiresias", or very occasionally "Melethron".

Tyrhael is Sindarin in phonology — the second element is from _sael_ "wise". When I made it I was intending for it to mean "Wise Powers", though (A) I now realize the plural of _tûr_ would be _*tuir_, and (B) _tûr_ means "mastery, victory" rather than "power". However, I've since come to a better solution - the Tyr- element in my name is taken from my RP character's Mannish outer name (he's a Dwarf) "Tyrfi", which is "pine tree" in Old Norse. So I can say that the Elves took the first part of my Mannish name and added "wise" as a suffix.
RaistlinMajere
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 09:38
I don't remember if I have posted in here, however Raistlin Majere is the name of an evil and cool ( :drool: )wizard from the books of Dragonlance... someone says that the name Raistlin comes from "wasting man", but I'm a little sceptic about this.
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 12:50
Well, almost ever since we've been together my husband has called me his 'Fee' (fairy in German - and without the double meaning in our language), mostly with a compound to fit the current situation, such as (roughly translated) 'cooking-fairy', 'cuddling-fairy' or 'mess-making-fairy' *blushes*...so, when I first needed a nickname for some web-stuff I thought the nightfairy up. I am indeed a nocturnal person and good for nothing when I rise early, so it fits.

hugs
TinwerínaMíriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2007 12:29
Tinwerina isn't actually a person's name It comes from HoME and is another name for Taniquetil. It means crowned with stars. It's kinda long so I, too, use Tinwë/Tinwen for short. The first one is an actual Quenya word meaninga spark and Tinwen was made the way Elvish names were:
tin - sparkle
wen - maiden
Yeah, I make things complicated at times
As for Miriel, I love the sound of that name.
Tinwë
Keilryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2007 10:47
Keilryn is name i made up for a rpg char a couple of years ago, and i like the name so much that its my nick in quite many forums.
The char is an elven hunter and my real name means huntress so i thought it was kinda fun.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 17, 2007 11:26
Well, I made it up and I thought it sounded like a Middle-Earth name.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: October 27, 2007 03:50
i love frodo and 14 is my lucky # so i came up with that but no i wish my name was Lady~Aerin. im trying to convince my parents to let me join more lites so i can have more interesting usernames!

[Edited on 18/12/2007 by frodofan14]
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2007 11:57
Fairly easy on my part- both Rodwen and Gwynnyth mean "purity" and purity is my goal in life.
the ofRohan part comes from the fact that I want to live in Rohan
cutegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2007 10:46
i'm cute and I'm a girl, lol jk, i really have no idea!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2007 03:08
I used to have an e-mail called dragonqueen (i never liked it, but it kept men away), but then I decided to have something fitting my personality better. So i turned to one lady that knows me well, gave examples in English and Quenya and asked for her to choose (I translated the Quenya). She then chose Raina and Alassë as a double, because she thought they fitted the best and also sounded like a poetry, as she thought that fitted me as well. For those that doesn't know those, they mean:
Raina: gracious, sweet-faced, smiling
Alassë: joy

And I decided simply to use that in here as well, since that was then easier to remember.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 12:34
I got the name Alya off of an online database and Alya is the first fantasy character I ever wrote of and she's very special. Thus, I became Lady_Alya.
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 06:01
I was surfing around the names database here at CoE and found this when I looked up my name in the Rohirric name database. I just loved how Gumawerian sounded, so I kept it
TheStriderRider
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2008 03:33
...Well, mine's a bit of a funny story.
So I was watching Return of the King, and I was like "You know, I have posters, I have been desiring getting things from Lord of the Rings catalogues for years, I might as well have all my stuff be Lord of the Rings esque.

So immediately I thought about how I love Strider in the beginning of Fellowship. Of course, I love Aragorn as well, since they're the same person and all...but his persona is SOO mysterious as Strider that it makes me happy.

So I wanted something that rhymed with Strider. The first thing I thought of was Rider, so I put it down, and made a screen name out of it. My aunt pointed out the 'obvious to everyone but me' innuendo. That wasn't its intention at all, but it became a huge joke with my friends and family. So it stuck, and I'm still happy with it. I like rhyming.

The End ^^
ôldôr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 09:52
Mine is 'dream land' in elvish. I was just looking up stuff in elvish and then I thought of it.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 09, 2010 04:08
Everyone comfy? Good. Because mine has a long story...

Once upon a time I was signing up for some Disney/Narnia thingamajig and didn't feel like using my real name,but I wanted something that looked like it could really be a name. Using Lucy for the first name was a no brainer,since Lucy's my favorite character from Narnia,and it's a nice simple name. Since it was for something Narnia related,I didn't use Pevensive with Lucy,so I tried "Poole",still to Narnian. So,I looked over at my vanity/dressing table/catch all and saw the copy of Return of the King I had been reading. So I tried Baggins,but though I liked Frodo,but didn't think Baggins was the name for me,so since I liked the Took clan in general(I thought more of Bilbo's Tookish side in "The Hobbit" than of Pippin when typing it in),I tried Took,and it clicked. Soon after I saw the LotR movies,fell head over heals in love with them,and within weeks started using "Lucy Took" in The Lion's Call's caption contests and humor lists,and NarniaWeb comments.

And then Eruce talked me into comin' over here so I just added an underscore.

The reason I go by "Tooky" is because the first forum I was on was a Narnia forum,and they were already some other Lucys(You know...like on here you've got lots of Eowyns,Arwens,Legolases ect...),so I said "Call me LT". Turns out,there was already a "Little Tigress" that went by LT. So...she said,"Can we call you Tooky?" and it stuck.
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2010 04:02
Mine doesn't have as epic a story. As you probably know (unless you've been selectively blind for the past year or so) I live in Alaska. Well, the first part of my name (Los) means snow. The second part (lote) means flower. (This is all elvish.) Since I hate winter (yeah, yeah, silliness, right?) and I love it when the snowflowers show up (they're flowers that bloom when there's still snow on the ground - way awesome), I decided to use that.

As for my nickname, Little Lottie, turns out the girl who first gave it to me is a fan of The Phantom of the Opera. I didn't get the reference at first, I just liked the sound of it, and so a bunch of people call me that now.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 02:55
Lastande is 'listener' in Quenya - that's the meaning of my real name. Took was originally from the Took clan in general, but I have recently developed the Fangirlthonic Plague and now it's for Pippin. Soo cute...gorgeous accent...:love: Must. Stop. Drooling. :banghead:
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 12:18
Sometimes I do roleplays in my head as I try to fall asleep and the character I play I picked the name Caden for because I read a fanfiction for something else and there was the name. I thought it suited my character.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 11:41
I was in a hurry, and I like the character Legolas in the books and the movies...now that I look back at it, I probably would have used my elvish name, Elrohir Vardamir.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Marlewyn
Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: April 26, 2011 05:11
Mine all started with a typo on AIM between a couple of my friends; instead of typing 'closest friend,' someone wrote 'closet friend.' Then they got into a conversation about the fearsome dragon closet friend who lives in a suburban house-closet and wakes up at exactly 1:32 am to eat the fallen cheerios off the kitchen floor and spit in your orange juice. Then a movie script was written for it, we were all given fantasy names, and I have been Marlewyn ever since. This was before we knew anything about Tolkien's languages; I've recently found out that my name roughly means 'Lover of the Home' in Rohirric.
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2011 09:14
Gorsh, my story is boring compared to everyone else's.
It was a few years ago and I was surfing the net for elvish, after recently joining the wonderful world of LotR due to obsessed friends when I found a list of names and their elvish terms. My first name - Kenda - is pretty unheard of - most call me Kendra instead...annoyingness. Anyway, I found my name on the list - my actual name, not Kendra and ended up loving the elvish version. I joined CoE a few months later and decided to use my elvish name instead of the usual suspects.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: May 10, 2011 04:35
Since I'm generally Shieldmaiden on other sites where I'm a member, and I didn't want to be Shieldmaiden (#), Éowyn_Shieldmaiden (#), I tried to come up with something corresponding and ended up with Éomer_Sister, which I don't actually like very much.

If I had known that I would become Second-in-Command of the Corrupted Weavers, I would have chosen something suitably :evil:
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 09:17
I used to know someone named Kenda.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: How did you pick your name ?
on: November 27, 2012 03:07
I got my name out of a series of books called The Sword of Shannara. They're isn't actually someone named Mareth Ravenlock in it though. Me and my brother we're trying to find a good name and I had read one book that had the Ravenlock's in it and I liked the name, and then we were where on a Shannara fan-site and we found the name Mareth, and we smashed it together and voila! Mareth Ravenlock!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email