Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Emotional Times
on: January 24, 2005 10:00
Aregwyn stood staring at the Tree of Gondor. She stood upon the terrace of the citadel gazing at the silent city. Every man, woman and child lay in a peaceful sleep. Not Aregwyn. Something was deeply troubling her. She didn't know why but doubt and fear clouded her mind. Her fears lay in her father. He was very ill it seemed and nothing could be done. He was coming to the end of his days upon Middle Earth and Aregwyn knew this. She walked into the darkness of the night, brushing away her depressing thoughts. A shadow stirred beside the walls. Someone else was near her...
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Emotional Times
on: January 24, 2005 12:53
OOC: Hi mind if I join?

Emeldir walked through the Palace and the citadel. It had been a year since she left her sister's home in Rohan. Her parents died in the War for middle earth while she was just a baby. Her full grown older sister Hareth took her into her home in Rohan. Her sister had married a Rohirrim rider she meet after the battle of Pellennor fields.She grew-up in the horse master country with her niece and two nephews. She had two horses of her own there, and was high in social standings there. She even had a nobleman of Rohan whom had been courting her. Then her brother Beren called for Emeldir to come back to Minas Tirith. He had been serving in Ithlien, but had asked for a transfer back so he could bring his sister back to her home city. Minas Tirith was nice, but she constantly missed the fields of Rohan. She walked along thinking of all that has happened in the last year. Not knowing that she was nearing Aregwyn where she stood.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:34
Cearu brushed along the higher levels of Minas Tirith-one level below where the White Tree stood, to be exact. He was a Gondorian and always had been. With a small yawn, he stretched his hands stiffly, listening to their light cracks.

He had been away many days, traveling aimlessly about the different lands and had finally returned with, thankfully, no notice. He led his mount to the stables then sleathily walked through shadow and darkess.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:53
OOC: Mind if I take Arwen? I am loosely basing the following on Tolkien's story of Aragorn's passing in the appendix of LoTR, but I emphasize loosely because I don't have the book easily available (and because in Tolkien's story he is not actually ill when he dies).

Arwen cried in her chambers as she listened to her husband, hardly believing the words he spoke. "I am ill, dear one," he told her gently. "Should I just wait around to grow witless and infirm? My people have been given the grace to lay down our lives when we are ready to do so. I am ready."

She grabbed his hand and held it tight. "But I'm not ready, Estel, my heart. Please do not leave me. You will recover." He held his other hand to her cheek and she could feel how cold he was. Somehow the warmth of the room had not touched him at all. He would not recover from this illness. She knew that. This illness might not kill him, it was true, but he would never again possess the strength and vigor of his youth. She knew he might never even grow strong enough to leave his bed.

He wiped a tear from her cheek. "Do not despair, meleth nín. Though my life in this world draws to its end, our lives together are not over. We will see each other again." Arwen lay her head on his chest and wept bitterly.

[Edited on 2005/27/1 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 08:17
As Aregwyn noticed somebody coming towards her she fled inside, not knowing who the person was. She came to her parents chamber. She heard a sobbing from inside. Surely no it couldn't be the time, could it. Aregwyn knocked then proceeded to enter. Her father lay upon the bed. He was sick and couldn't be cured. This Aregwyn knew in her heart and she was afraid. She pitied her mother, she knew she was feeling immense sadness in her heart. Her mother, Arwen had sacrificied her family, friends and immortality to be with Aragorn and now he was dying. Arwen would be left alone bound by her grief and would wander the earth until she too died. Aregwyn knew this and she was deeply upset. As she moved to comfort her mother, her brother Eldarion entered. He looked at their father then came to stand by Arwen. Aregwyn felt tears in her eyes, they rolled down her face and fell to her feet. She kneeled by the bed and hugged her mother. Eldarion stood by them placing his hands on their shoulders. Aregwyn closed her eyes unable to face the emotions flashing through her.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 09:34
ooc: Anything in the body of the story in italics is not mine but comes directly from Tolkien, sometimes with slight rewording to fit the story.

Arwen straightened and dried the tears from her eyes. She must remain strong for her children. "Eldarion, go and fetch your sisters," she instructed. "Aregwyn, stay here with me. It is time for you all to bid your father farewell." Eldarion hurried out the door and returned within a few moments with the other three daughters of Arwen and Aragorn.

Arwen watched as each girl in turn stood by her father's bed to kiss him and say goodbye. He held each of them close to him and whispered a blessing. "Be strong, my dear ones," he instructed them. "Care for your mother. Never forget my love." When Aregwyn's turn came, Arwen saw that she could not bear to let her father go. "Oh, Ada," the girl cried. The queen knew that Aragorn and his oldest daughter had always had a special relationship. As great a king as he had been, as powerful a warrior, as much a hero, Aragorn had never filled any role more naturally than he did that of father to his children. At a signal from his father, Eldarion knelt by Aregwyn's side and helped her to stand. He led the woman to her mother, who held her close and whispered comfort to her. Then Eldarion knelt by his father's side. Aragorn grasped his son's hand. "Eldarion, you are ready to be king of Gondor and Arnor. You will rule wisely. I am proud to pass the Ring of Barahir to you. Now, you must bear me to the House of the Kings in the Silent Street. I would lie there with my fathers, the kings of old."

As Aragorn's bed was borne through the streets of Minas Tirith to the House of Kings, the people stood silently and reverently watched their King go by. Most living now in Minas Tirith had not yet been born when Aragorn took the crown. Yet they had heard the stories of the man who brought hope back to Gondor, for whom the White Tree blossomed again. They bowed their heads as their king passed, his family behind him. Queen Arwen stood tall and straight, hoping the people could not see that her heart was breaking.

In the House of the Kings, Aragorn was laid upon a long bed that had been prepared for him. There he said farewell to Eldarion, and gave into his hands the winged crown of Gondor and the sceptre of Arnor. "My son, do not forget my love for you. Eldarion wept and embraced his father, then guided his sisters out of the room, leaving Arwen alone with her husband for a last farewell.

Aragorn took her hand in his. "Meleth nín, in sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory. Farewell!"

"Estel, Estel!" Arwen cried, and with that, even as he took her hand and kissed it, he fell into sleep... And long there he lay, an image of the splendour of the Kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world.

Arwen stumbled and ran from the House of Kings, weeping, no longer caring whether anyone could see her despair. For no matter what Aragorn had said to her, all she felt was the cold hand of despair squeezing her heart. "He is gone," she keened. "He is gone. My Hope is gone." Eldarion caught her in his strong arms and gently carried her back to the palace.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 10:06
Aregwyn stood frozen, in disbelief. She just couldn't believe her father had gone...no she wouldn't believe her father had gone, she refused to believe it. She ran to her brother and wept openly in his arms. He clasped her close as loud sobs filled the air. Eldarion knew he had to be strong for his sisters' sake and more importantly for his mother. As he helped Arwen back to the palace, Aregwyn was left alone. Her sisters had long dispersed from the House of Kings but Aregwyn couldn't bare to let go. She slowly made her way over to where her father was and knelt before his body. She weeped as she sat before his dead body. She couldn't control the tears which came thicker and seeped through her closed eyelids. Suddenly as if in an echo she heard her father's voice, "Be strong my daughter, do not weep or despair. The years of your life lay ahead of you but alas mine must now end. Farewell, my beautiful daughter." And that was the words which her father had uttered earlier that day. They echoed in her mind and she understood. She had to be strong for her mother's sake. Aregwyn rose and went to Aragorn's body, "Farewell, Ada!" she said placing her hand upon her father's face. She turned and walked out of the hall.

(OOC: This doesn't really move the story on but I felt that Aregwyn's emotions are important to include as it reveals more about her.)
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 11:49
(((OOC: I am Arwyn Meluimiel, I hope you don't mind if I join. I am the neice of arwen, the daughter of Elladan.)))

Arwyn had rode her horse Telen as fast as she could for seven days before she reached Minas Tirith, she knew that her uncle was slowly passing, and knew also that Arwen would need her support when he did finally pass. She felt bad leaving the land of her great-grandmother, Lothlorien, so suddenly. When she was there it was as if she could feel Galadriel's presence. But she had the urgency that something was terribly wrong in Minas Tirith, and that Arwen and the children needed her help.

She reached Minas Tirith, and from a far she saw the death ceremony of Aragorn. She stopped for a moment, when she knew the wonderful king was dead. She put her hand over her heart, and murmured a lament in Elvish, and then proceeded to the palace where she saw Eldarion had taken Arwen.

Arwyn opened the door, and walked in, her aunt was sobbing in the corner. She walked up to her, put her hand on her shoulder and said, "Arwen, my dear Aunt, I came as quickly as I could, but I guess I wasn't quick enough."

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by DFK6498]
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 12:20
Emeldir walked through the palace drifting towards to citadel. As she was drifting off into memories of her horses back in Rohan her attention was caught by a figure moving in the shadows. She was close to the stables. It looked like someone had just lead thier horse there. Emeldir looked around for whoever was there.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 12:42
OOC: Welcome, DFK6498. Personally I am glad to have you, but I do have a question. How true do we want to remain to the book? According to Tolkien, by this time Galadriel and Celeborn had passed on to the Undying Lands. Also, Uiallen, by this time Aragorn is over 200 years old; the War of the Ring was more than 100 years before. Emeldir would be very old if she was a baby then.

Arwen twisted away from all voices and hands that sought to give her comfort. For now, she could not bear to be comforted. The light of the evenstar had faded from her eyes, to be replaced only with the darkness of grief and longing. She clutched Aragorn's pillow to her chest. "Estel, Estel. Come back to me, my heart." Throughout the day, she alternated between sobbing and exhausted sleep, never acknowledging those who wept now more for her than for the loss of Aragorn.

As the evening shades fell and the room darkened, her body shook with a last sob. She turned a tear-stained face to Eldarion, who had remained with her while Aregwyn and Arwyn ate a quiet meal. "My son," she said. Eldarion sank to his knees by her bed and held her tight. "Nana," he murmured. "We will get through this time, Nana. We will find joy and hope again." She could not answer, but allowed herself to rest in the warmth and strength of his arms. If only her heart could find such warmth again.

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by kellidra]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 11:23
(((OOC: Sorry kellidra, i thought about that just as I was posting it, i had to go somewhere so I couldn't edit, just disregard that.)))

Arwyn ate her meal in silence. But then she broke the silence, "Aregwyn, I am not sure that we have ever been rightly introduced. I am Arwyn Meluimiel, your cousin."

(((Sorry it's so short, but I am really tired)))
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 11:39
Aregwyn looked up at Arwyn who sat near her eating the food which was presented before them. She couldn't eat she felt sick and clouded by worry and despair. Still her eyes glistened with tears even though she had stopped herself from crying in front of people.

"Greetings my cousin. I welcome you warmly. I just wish that you could have seen my father before he... well he...you know..."Aregwyn said quietly, her voice trailing off into nothing as she choked back the tears. Her mother had not been present during the meal but Aregwyn had wished to see her. Still though she had promised herself and more importantly her father that she would be strong.

Aregwyn forced a smile onto her face as she reached for an apple and slowly crunched on it, feeling sicker with every mouthful.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 11:46
Arwen squeezed Eldarion's hand. "I'll be all right, Son. Please, bring Aregwyn to me. Everyone has been so concerned for me, and I... I think she may feel as lost as I do, but she has been left to deal with it alone." Eldarion nodded and left to do his mother's bidding.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 11:51
The silence was deafening. Aregwyn couldn't bear it. She was about to excuse herself from Arwyn's company when her brother entered.

Eldarion walked up to her, "Mother would like to see you!" he told her quietly and led the way out of the hall. Aregwyn looked at her brother then politely excused herself from the table and followed him out of the hall.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 11:59
OOC: For those who wonder, "iell nín" means "my daughter."

Aregwyn entered her mother's chamber and Arwen held a hand out to her. Aregwyn took it and knelt by her mother's bedside. Arwen embraced her tightly. "Forgive me, iell nín. I did not mean to leave you alone in your grief. In the selfishness of my sorrow, I have looked inward when I should have looked outward. However will we go on without your Ada?"

[Edited on 2005/28/1 by kellidra]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 05:51
Cearu looked up and down the streets, all empty. Something was wrong, something had happened. After many long moments of standing in silence, news had finally traveled. Ellesar King had passed.

With slow footsteps he made his way into the dining hall, ignoring all who questioned his action being there, and solemnly entered into Arwen's room where Aregyn was also.
He gave a low bow that took many'a'minute then slowly rose. "Cearu of Rohan at your service m'lady. Forgive my barging in but I wished to give my apologies for the mournful news of the Lord has finally reached my ears."

[]-Ooc- Hey, sorry if it takes me a while to post back sometimes, my computer likes to mess up on me and I never get a chance to come on until the afternoon. So there's my warning to you.[]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 07:45
[ooc: Mind if I join? My character is Thangaraf, meaning "Shield Wolf" in Sindarin. He is a member of the royal guard. I'll get him in the db soon.]

Thangaraf returned to his post at Queen Arwen's door. He had not wanted to leave, but the call of nature had been strong. The door hung open and he heard a man's voice inside. "Cearu of Rohan at your service m'lady. Forgive my barging in..." said the voice.
Thangaraf sprinted the last steps to the door and seized the man by his shoulders and pulled him out of the room. He held Cearu hard against the wall. "What is your business, Cearu of Rohan," he demanded, "and how dare you disturb the Ladies Arwen and Aregwyn in their grief?"

[Edited on 27/1/2005 by ramtis_greywolf]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:45
Aregwyn and Arwen noth suddenly burst into tears and Arwen cradelled Aregwyn in her arms stroking her hair delicately.
"Nana!"Aregwyn started but Arwen shushed her and cuddled her closer. They stayed safe in each other's arms but suddenly a stranger barged in and introduced himself. The royal guard Thangaraf seized him and pulled him roughly out of the room. Aregwyn and Arwen heard him scorning the visitor angrily.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 11:14
Arwyn wondered around Minas Tirith. She wanted to allow Aregywn and Arwen time to grieve alone. She remembered what Aregwyn had said at dinner, about how she wished Arwyn had been able to see Aragorn when he was not ill, but Arwyn had seen Aragorn at his prime. She had watched from afar as he was crowned. She heard many tales of him from his aunt when they were 'courting' if you could call it that. Minas Tirith was quiet, as if sleeping, calm with mourning, as the news of Ellessar King's passing. Arwyn wished that she could speak with her aunt, she so desperately wanted to be alone with her, but she knew that her time would come. She walked slowly back to the palace and entered silently. She went to a chair in the corner and sat, and waited for her moment, a moment where she could speak with her aunt alone.

(((OOC: Didn't Elrond pass into the West with Galadriel and Celeborn? I can't really remember...)))
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 02:39
OOC: (sorry this is long) Because it would help to have his point of view, I'll take Eldarion. I'll separate the entries with a line the way you're doing in Minas Tirith Tales, arwen. If anyone wants to take over Eldarion, let me know. DFK--According the the encyclopedia entry here at COE, Elrond and Galadriel both passed to the Undying Lands in 3rd Age, 3021. Celeborn did not go with them. He went to Rivendell to be with his grandsons, Elrohir and Elladan, who did not accompany their father. The entry says that it is unknown whether Celeborn ever went to the Undying Lands. It is also unknown whether Elrohir and Elladan ever sailed, so they could conceivably show up in our story. Other characters who would be in Gondor now, and ought to show up, would be Merry and Pippin, now rather old. Legolas would certainly be there, though he will sail away soon. Thanks for asking this question--I learned a lot looking up the answer. Now that my OOC is longer than my story contribution, I'll finish.

Eldarion spotted his cousin Arwyn sitting quietly in a dark corner. He approached and knelt beside her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Arwyn, thank you for giving Naneth some time. I know you want to be with her, but right now I think she and Aregwyn just need each other. I knew this was coming, but they weren't prepared. Ada was Mother's life. She gave up so much for him. And Aregwyn, well, we all thought she was Ada's favorite. He loved us all so much, but the two of them had something special. She's tried so hard today to be strong for Mother, but I can see in her eyes that she is hurting. I miss my father terribly, but I'm all right. He was so ill, and now... now he can rest." Eldarion turned to his cousin. "I'm more concerned with Mother and Aregwyn and how I can help them."

Arwyn nodded, and Eldarion knew she understood. They both knew that Arwen could never sail to the Undying Lands to be with the rest of her kin. She had cast her fate with mankind, and now the day Elrond had warned of had finally come. "What about you, Arwyn?" Eldarion asked. "Will you ever sail to the Undying Lands? I know that for the elves that remain, Middle Earth is becoming a lonely place."

the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:14
Cearu lips were about to part again, to continue but before he scarce realized it, he was violently yanked and slammed against the wall. "What the idea here, eh? I didn't do nothing!" He growled angrily, eyes sharp and squinted in pained glares. "I only come to wish the best for the lady in this time of mourn so there is no need of a thrashing."
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:07
Thangaraf loosened his grip. He hadn't meant to hurt the man. He just didn't want Arwen and Aregwyn disturbed. Had he not left his post, Cearu would never have burst in on them, and so Thangaraf felt a bit guilty. "Maybe you meant no harm, sir. But I'm not so sure." He beckoned to another member of the Guard who had entered the corridor. "You aren't even known to them and yet you walk through the castle straight to the queen's chamber and enter without leave! Tell me there's nothing suspicious about that!" The second guard approached, and Thangaraf thrust Cearu towards him. "Finally, even if you did mean no harm, you interrupted the family in a private moment of grief. Lonomir, please escort this gentleman to the door." Lonomir took Cearu's arm and would have led him away, but he was stopped by a voice from the queen's chamber.

[Edited on 28/1/2005 by ramtis_greywolf]
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:31
OOC: I just noticed lots of errors in my post before this. Like Arwen was supposed to have fallen asleep. I've edited that out and am editing this again too to fix the point-of-view problems.

"It's all right, Thangaraf. Let him go." Queen Arwen stood at the door and spoke softly. The light had gone out of her eyes and the elven-song from her voice. "It's all right," she repeated. She watched as Lonomir let go of Cearu, then dipped her head to the man of Rohan. "Go on. I know you meant no harm. Thank you for your sympathies, but I am not receiving visitors today." Arwen turned to Thangaraf, feeling deeply grateful for his loyalty and protection. "Thangaraf, thank you for your concern. For now, please see that only my children or the Lady Arwyn have access to my quarters." She closed the door and went back to her bed, where she sat with her head in her hands. "Please Aregwyn, I need to sleep now. There is so much to do, and yet all I want is to sleep." She embraced her daughter, then lay down and sank into a deep slumber.

arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 07:43
Aregwyn slipped out of her mother's room and closed the door quietly behind her. Then she made her way down to the hall in search of Arwyn. She was about to ask if she had visited Arwen yet but she couldn't see her. Sighing she entered the hall but found to her surprise that Arwyn had left.
"Oh well." she said and pushed open the doors to the courtyard where she gracefully walked out into. She just went over to the walls and rested her hands upon the rough stone. As she gazed out over the Pelennor Fields somebody joined her at the wall...
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 10:53
Arwyn sighed at Eldarion's question, "I do not think so my cousin. I think my fate is already sealed. But if I ever did, I don't think I could adapt to living there. I think I will have to live with the lonely life I have made for myself here, in my beloved Middle Earth." She paused. "Your father loved you Eldarion, do not for one moment think that he loved Aregwyn more than he loved you. That would insult him."

Eldarion smiled at this. Arwyn could tell that he was greatly pleased with this bit of information. Arwyn stood up slowly, "Now, if you will excuse me...." She walked out to looke over Pelennor Fields, she stood to the side, out of sight of the people walking out of the palace.

Then Aregwyn walked out, and stood overlooking Pelennor Fields. "I love Pelennor Fields." Arwyn said, "I remember the day that a great battle took place here. I helped all I could, but many were lost. This field is their final resting place. Yet it is so serene." She paused, "You were waiting for me no?"

[Edited on 28/1/2005 by DFK6498]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 01:01
Thangaraf stood guard outside Queen Arwen's door, determined to keep any more visitors at bay. He could not bear the thought of going home after his watch ended, when he would have to talk with his wife and children about the Elessar Telcontar's passing. That morning, he had helped bear the king to the House of Kings and laid him on the bed where he fell asleep forever. How could Gondor go on without the king who had ruled them faithfully for over a hundred years? Eldarion would make a good king, true, and it appeared he also had been gifted with the long life of the Dunedain, but King Elessar had ruled so long that he was an integral part of Gondor's identity. Thangaraf remembered his grandfather's tales of the War of the Ring. Orcs invading the city, battering down the great gates with Grond. Gigantic mumakil thundering across Pelennor Fields, crushing loyal soldiers of Gondor with every step. The Riders of Rohirrim and Lady Eowyn, who slew the Witch King of Angmar. The brave little hobbits who fought as fiercely as men twice their size, and later ate more at the victory feast than any full grown man in Gondor. The ghostly army brought by Elessar, the oath-reakers at last fulfilling their oath. They swept across the field and through the city, at first terrifying the inhabitants, but slaying only the orcs. Many were the heroes that day, and among the greatest was Elessar, the King of Gondor at last returned from exile with Isildur's blade reforged. Thangaraf fought back tears as he thought that Elessar would no longer walk among his Gard, greeting them as equals, asking after their families. He knew that Elessar had longed to rest at last, but that did not make the loss any easier.
A noise of footsteps pulled the guard from his thoughts. Thangaraf stood tall and barred the Queen's chamber door, wondering who would come around the corner.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:49
Cearu pulled his arm away from Lonomir as the Lady Arwen interfered with their duty. "I apologize, it was quite wrong of me." He bowed stiffly and walked from their sight and out to the top level of the city. He walked towards the wall and leaned heavily against it, finding some comfort at the sight below- the Fields of Pellenor. "Hmm.." he walked back to the stables where he retrieved his mount and slowly led the large creature down the levels and onto the field.
The horse knickered happily and stompd into the earth but Cearu soon climbed abard the saddle and took the horse in a swift gallop about the fields, forgetting about his stupidity earlier.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 11:01

Eldarion was anxious for his mother and began making his way to her room. Every few moments, though, he was stopped by someone else in the palace who wished to offer condolences. Servants and nobles alike wept openly. King Elessar had been greatly loved by all his people. Counsellor Elboron approached him. "Lord Eldarion, the Royal Counsel is sorry for your loss. I'm sorry to bother you with this, but we must meet with you soon to discuss your coronation. It would be better if it took place as soon as possible." Eldarion nodded. "Tomorrow, Elboron. I'll meet with you tomorrow. Thank you." He strode on, hoping not to be stopped again, but he was actually pleased to see a familiar face approach him. His father's dearest friend, Legolas, accompanied a small boy whose face was a mirror image of Eldarion's. "Ada, Ada," the boy called. "Where is Grandpa?" Eldarion lifted the boy into his arms and buried his face in the child's shoulder. The emotions were too strong for him and he wept.

OOC: It doesn't say in the timeline when Eldarion was born, so I have no idea how old he is. I have made a guess that he, like Aragorn, probably has the long life of the Dunedain, and I'm guessing he was probably born early in the Fourth Age, and is now in his 80s or 90s. Aragorn was 88 when he married Arwen and still seemed to be a young man. I figure Eldarion is likely married by now, and probably would have a child. Hope this is ok.

[Edited on 2005/30/1 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 06:09
Aregwyn looked round at Lady Arwyn who was standing too at the walls overlooking the Pelennor Fields.
"I was looking for you to ask whether you had been to see my mother yet. She would like to see you very much. I didn't know whether you had visited her yet. Have you Arwyn?"
Aregwyn waited for the Lady Arwyn to answer...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 12:15
OOC: I have done some necessary editing to my previous post. Now I wish to take back something I said earlier. Merry and Pippin would not be alive at this point. They lived out their last years in Gondor and the timeline doesn't say exactly when they died, but it seems they died before Elessar. After his death, their bodies were moved and laid next to his. But Elladan, Elrohir, and even Celeborn might ought to show up for their sister/granddaughter's sake. Anyone care to take them? Finally, I'm looking for a name for Eldarion's son. Any suggestions? It should probably be Sindarin. Usually I'm good at coming up with names, but this time I'm stuck. Oh, and "ion nín" means "my son".

The child held his Ada's face in his small hands and wiped away his tears. "Ada? Why are you crying?"

Eldarion hugged the boy close. "Ion nín, your Grandpa loved you so much. He sleeps now in the House of the Kings, and his spirit has found its way to Mandos' Halls. I am crying because I miss him."

"Will he come back, Ada?" The boy was too young to understand death. Thank heavens he lived during peaceful times in Gondor and had never encountered death until now.

"No, my son. There is no way back from Mandos' Halls to the land of Middle Earth. Come. Let us go to Grandma. She is very sad without your Grandpa. Perhaps a hug from you would cheer her."

Eldarion's son nodded and hugged his father. "I miss Grandpa too, Ada. I wanted to show him the bow Legolas made for me. He's teaching me to shoot! Let's go see Grandma now."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 11:00
Arwyn looked from Aregwyn's face back to Pelennor Fields, "No, I have not seen her yet. His death is still too near," She looked back to Aregwyn, "I will go when the time is right. How is your mother though? You have seen her."
Arwyn thought of how overcome with grief Arwen was, she sighed as she waited for Aregwyn to answer.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 01:23
(ooc: How about Anneruon? It is the elvish equivalent of Theodore, meaning gift of God. I'm using it here, though we can change it if anyone has a better idea.)

Thangaraf relaxed as Eldarion and his young son came around the corner. Legolas was with them. Anneruon clung to his father and chattered about bows and arrows and how Legolas was teaching him to aim. He bowed his head respectfully to the new king and opened Arwen's chamber door.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 12:02
Eldarion and Anneruon entered the room, but Legolas hung back. "Come on, Legolas," whispered Eldarion. "I know she will want to see you." Uncertain, the elf complied. Arwen lay still on the bed, clutching Elessar's pillow. Eldarion set Anneruon next to her. The small boy lay down by his grandma and stroked her cheek.

Arwen opened her eyes to see her grandson. "You're sad, aren't you Gramma," he said. She nodded and embraced him. He was a comfort to her. "Me too. I miss Grampa too. Ada says he won't come back."

Arwen shook her head. "No, Child. He won't."

"But I'm here, Gramma. And Legolas. And Ada. You aren't alone."

She held the boy close and felt the warmth of his love melting something inside her. She still did not know how she would live without Elessar, but for today, she decided she would live for this little boy with the dark hair and eyes just like his grandfather's. She looked around the room to see Eldarion and Legolas standing nearby. She could see both sorrow and sympathy in their eyes.

Legolas knelt beside her now and took her cold hands in his warm ones. "I know you grieve, Lady Arwen. I grieve with you. Can you not repent of your choice and sail even now to the Undying Lands?"

"No." She shook her head emphatically. Elessar had suggested the same thing. "There is no ship that would take me. And even if I could go, then I would truly be separated from my husband. At least as a mortal, I have the hope of joining him in the Halls of Mandos."

Anneruon looked up, frightened. "No, Gramma. You can't go too. You can't."

She rubbed his hair. "Not yet, Child. Not yet." Then she looked to Eldarion. "Ion nín, I am hungry. Please, could you have something brought from the kitchens?"

Eldarion was about to agree when Legolas bowed, "Let me see to it, Lady Arwen." He squeezed her hand, then mussed Anneruon's hair affectionately before turning and leaving the room.

Arwen looked again at Eldarion. "My niece Arwyn is here, isn't she?" she asked. He nodded. "Whenever she wishes to come, I am ready to see her. Thank you for bringing Anneruon to me."

The boy jumped down from her bed, unwilling to sit still for more than a few minutes. "Gramma, do you want to see what Legolas taught me? He says I'm a natural with the bow. See, he showed me the right way to stand and aim!" He demonstated for his grandmother, aiming an imaginary bow and arrow at the window. Arwen smiled and Eldarion laughed. He was right. This boy was the perfect tonic against grief.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 11:07
Aregwyn just sighed at Arwyn's question. Arwyn then felt a strong urge to go to her Aunt's chamber, "Aregwyn, will you excuse me? My time I spoke of, has now come."
Aregwyn nodded, and Arwyn went to the Lady Arwen's chamber. She knocked on the door, and entered slowly. "Ada Muinthel*?" She walked into the room and saw Eldarion, Anneruon, and Legolas visiting with her aunt. "I am sorry, I interrupted, I will return later." She turned to leave.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 10:16
Arwen called out before her niece could leave the room. "Wait, Arwyn. Please stay. Come sit with me." She looked at her son. "Thank you, Eldarion, for bringing Anneruon to me." She hugged the boy. "I love you, little one. I need to talk with Arwyn now, but maybe tomorrow you will come sit with me again?" He nodded eagerly. Eldarion and Annueron left the room. Arwen patted on the chair beside her bed. "Come sit with me, Arwyn. For now, I think, I have cried all my tears." Her voice was kind and loving, but Arwyn could hear that it was still sorrowful.

While they talked, Legolas returned bearing a meal for the queen. He saw that she was deep in conversation with Arwyn, so he set it on the table and quietly slipped out again.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email