Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Emotional Times
on: February 02, 2005 10:57
Arwyn was glad that she had been stopped from leaving, she sat down, "Ada Muinthel*, how are you really? You do not have to act strong in front of me. You know that. I am sending a message to Imladris as soon as possible for Celeborn, Ada nin, and Elrohir to come, would you like that."
Arwyn stopped, she was afraid she had over burdened the Queen, her grief was very near she had to keep reminding herself.

(((OOC: Sorry, I didn't post this in the last post, it means Father Sister.)))

[Edited on 2/2/2005 by DFK6498]
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 12:26
OOC: Muindor iell means "brother daughter."

Arwen squeezed Arwyn's hand. "Muindor iell, you are right. My heart is broken. I do not know how to live without Estel nin. Anneruon brought me joy and comfort today, and for him I can try, but I'm not sure how I will go on. I know I should take joy in my children and my grandson and I should not feel such empty loneliness with them around me, but there is a great hole now where my heart should be." At Arwyn's urging, she stood and moved to the table, where she picked at the meal Legolas had brought her. " My father warned me that this day would come. He said I would be alone. And yet, even now, knowing how the loneliness feels, I do not wish I had chosen differently. Please, I do want to see my grandfather and my brothers. Do send for them."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 12:44
"Yes, ada muinthel nin, I will send for them. And I know that Taid ada warned you that you would be alone, but remember, that when the grey rain curtain of this world if pulled back and all turns to silver glass you will see your Estel again. He is waiting. You are lucky that you have found the man that you love." Arwyn trailed off, she looked from her aunts face to the floor.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 03:30
Arwen smiled at her niece. "Thank you, Arwyn. Estel told me the same thing. And yet I wonder how long I will have to wait for this hope to be fulfilled. I can hardly bear the thought of going out of this chamber. Every part of Minas Tirith reminds me of him. Yet I cannot simply stay here in our room, where I am alone without him. I will try. For Anneruon's sake I will try. But I do not know how long I can manage it. I don't know what I will do now. I cannot stay here and I cannot go out. I have cried as much as I can cry, and I cannot sleep anymore. Everyone is worried about me and wants to comfort me, and yet their comforting words do not really help. When my father passed to the Undying Lands, I felt such sorrow. I thought then that I knew how I would feel at Estel's passing. But over time that sorrow lifted. Estel could comfort me. We had children, and they were my comfort too. I fear there is no comfort for this sorrow. None but finally being with him again." Arwen moved to the window and looked out across the city. "If only the same choice had been offered to me as was given to Estel. But when I became mortal, I was not given the choice to lay down my life at my choosing."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 10:53
Arwyn stood up and walked over and put her hand on her aunt's shoulder as she joined her at the window. "I face the same fate as you, Ada Muinthel. I am doomed to walk the earth alone. I don't know why I stayed. I guess I stayed because I knew that I would never have the same feelings for Valinor as I do for Middle Earth. I do miss Taid Ada everyday, although I didn't see him much, he was as much my father as Ada is." Arwyn turned Arwen's face to face hers, "And remember my dear Ada Muinthel, I will always be here for you. I will stay with you, if you wish, until you are ready to face the rest of your kingdom." Arwyn went back to her seat and sat down.

(((OOC: Do you think it would strech it a bit far for me to send my hawk Toss with the message to Celeborn, Elladan, and Elrohir? Just wondering.)))
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 10:36
(ooc: DFK6498, by all means use the hawk. It is not at all far-fetched.)

Thangaraf grasped the arm of the guard in greeting. His watch was over; this man had come to replace him. He looked as though he had been weeping. Well, there's been a lot of that in Minas Tirith today, Thangaraf thought as he walked slowly down the hall towards the stairs. The death of a good king will bring even the bravest of men to tears, and Elessar was indeed a good king. He knew that Eldarion was ready to take his father's place on the throne of Gondor, but the prince... that is, the new king... would have a hard time living up to his father. No one living in Gondor now--with the exception of course of Arwen and Legolas--could even remember a time when Elessar had not been king. 123 years he had ruled the land. Even the oldest inhabitants of Gondor had only stories from their fathers about the days of the Stewards. He thought of Eldarion carrying his little son in to see Queen Arwen. The child was the image of his grandfather, and that was a fact. He hoped the boy had brought Lady Arwen some joy on this sad day. The people of Gondor loved their queen as much as they had their king, and they knew her sorrow must run deep. Outside the palace now, he wandered towards the House of the Kings, hoping to pay his respects. A crowd was gathered there, some wailing, others just standing silent. Thangaraf knelt and placed a hand to his chest. His tears flowed freely now. "We will miss you, King Elessar," he murmured. "May your long rest be peaceful and may you find joy in Mandos' Halls." He stood again and silently slipped out of the crowd.

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by ramtis_greywolf]

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by ramtis_greywolf]
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 10:51
"Thank you, muindor iell. It means so much to know that you are here and that you can understand a little of what I am feeling, what I have given up. Some say that death is a gift to men; to me, until I come to it myself, it is a curse. Only when it brings me together again with my Estel will I consider it a gift." She looked out the window again. She could see the people in the street, gathered in front of the House of Kings. She thought she saw faithful Thangaraf kneel for a moment and make a sign of respect and farewell. Tears streamed down his cheeks. "The people are lost, too, muindor iell. They too sorrow at the loss of their Hope. And yet Eldarion will be a good king to them. They will find hope again in Estel's son." Arwyn placed a hand on her aunt's shoulder and watched out the window with her. They stood together in silent understanding.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 02:47
Aregwyn had left her mother's chambers earlier that day. She wished to see her mother again but knew that as Lady Arwyn's aunt she was talking closely with her. Aregwyn did not wish to interrupt. She walked by the Houses of Healing where her father's body had been laid to rest in peace. She saw a crowd bowing their heads respectfully and the royal guard Thangaraf kneeling before his fallen king. This scene before her brought many emotions to the surface. Sadness, despair, grief, loneliness. She had naneth and Eldarion and his son, Anneruon. She had all the people of Gondor. But they were all bound by grief at the passing of Elessar King.
She longed for somebody to talk to, somebody to comfort her and hold her close. She longed for a man to share all her emotions with, somebody who could lift the grief from her soul and turn it to happiness. Aregwyn bowed her head and closed her eyes. When she opened them she saw a man staring at her closely. He smiled at her and she turned to face him.

(OOC: Could somebody please be this man, if its not too much trouble but be aware that Aregwyn may have feelings for him!)
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 08:51
(ooc: I'm game. You can decide what he looks like, as your character is the one who would likely be describing him. Just be kind. )

"Princess Aregwyn," the man spoke, moving towards her. "Do you remember me? Banamir. I am so sorry for your loss. It is a great loss for Gondor, too." He wrapped her in a powerful embrace, then held her gently by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. "How are you? I know that you and your father had a special relationship. His passing must grieve you deeply."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 09:21
(OOC: If my description of your character is not as you wanted it to be please either post a message or PM me regarding this.)

Aregwyn turned to him as he embraced her in a friendly manner. She faintly remembered him. He was Banamir a son of one of the noble's and had been a great and wise cousellor to her father. She had only ever seen him once before, deep in council with her father. She had only saw him for a moment and hadn't even been properly introduced. Now her father was gone he probably lived to serve Eldarion, who had hesitanly agreed to take over his father's role as King of Gondor and Arnor.

Now as Aregwyn looked at him she saw him properly for the first time. His long hair was dark brown and wavy. His hazel eyes looked at her worriedly. He was handsome and Aregwyn found herself thinking this as she looked at his face.
"How are you? I know that you and your father had a special relationship. His passing must grieve you deeply." Banamir said gently to her, looking into her eyes.
"It does. I loved him so much and I know that now he is gone my mother is full of grief. I wish I could help her, give her comfort to ease his passing. I have tried to be strong for her sake and appear to be strong in this time of mourning, but alas I cannot live a lie like this. Pretending that I am fine and happy. I am not, I feel uneasy as of late. I just don't have anyone to share this with!" Aregwyn found herself admitting.

Usually she would never have found herself spilling her feelings out to a near stranger but here she was the words spilling out of her mouth and she couldn't stop herself. There was something about Banamir which made her feel at ease. She didn't know why she had these feelings towards him but as she stood in his company her heart pounded heavily at her chest and butterflies fluttered in her stomach.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 10:29
Arwyn felt tears flow down her cheeks. She had not cried until this moment. She was sad not only that Aragorn had died, but that Arwen and herself had made the decisions they did. "I almost wish I had chosen to go to Valinor with Taid Ada." She paused as the tears streamed down her face. "I was cursed, if you will, to walk the earth until I found the man I loved, I thought maybe the man I loved was still here waiting for me in Middle Earth, so I stayed. Hoping, praying that he would find me. But I was wrong. Now you and I face death. But you will be reunited with your Estel. I have no one who waits for me." Arwyn collapsed into sobs. She cried for a few moments. Her aunts just comforting her, and allowing her tears to flow, she stopped crying and said, "I am sorry, Ada Muinthel, you should not be the one giving comfort, I should. I just feel so lost. But I know the loss I feel is nothing compared to what you are going through." Arwyn dried her eyes, "I think I will send Toss to Imladris now, only if you think you will be alright alone."
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 02:41
"Thank you, Arwyn," Arwen said to her niece. "I'll be fine if you go now. I do long to see my brothers and Taid Ada." Arwyn left the room and Arwen sat down at a writing table in the corner of the room. Elessar had given it to her, she remembered, not long before Eldarion was born. She rubbed the smoothly polished wood and remembered how pleased he had been with the gift. He had paid well to have the finest craftsman of all Gondor build it for her. She drew out quill and parchment from a drawer, dipped the quill into the ink well, and began to write. After only a few words, she had dropped the quill to the table and begun to weep once more. Her tears spilled upon the parchment and smeared the elvish letters she had written in her fine hand.

[Edited on 2005/6/2 by kellidra]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 03:52
Banamir looked at Princess Aregwyn carefully. Her beautiful blue eyes were pools of sorrow. She had grown up since he had last seen her. He had forgotten how many years had passed. He hoped she would not think his embrace inappropriate or too forward--he had seen how in need she was of a kind touch, some sort of warmth and comfort. But somehow, once he held her close, she just felt right there in his arms. No, he would not think about this anymore. His own loneliness did not matter in the face of what the Princess was suffering. "Princess Aregwyn,"--he cupped her chin in his hand and tilted her face upwards to look at him--"You do not need to pretend with me. You cannot comfort your mother if you are eaten up with grief that you have not let flow. Walk with me. We can talk and you can be perfectly honest with me about your feelings. I will be happy to provide a listening ear."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 10:07
(OOC: Thos definitely doesn't move the story on but I wanted it made pretty clear that Aregwyn is in love with Banamir! Awww!)

Aregwyn smiled slightly at Banamir as he finished, "I will be happy to provide a listening ear." So she looked up at his face and she didn't know why but her heart still went thump! thump! thump! Pounding in her chest. Her mouth had gone dry and unusual for her she couldn't speak. She finally managed to answer softly, "I would like that very much."

So Banamir walked with her through the streets of Minas Tirith and they talked together. Then mention of her father came up again and Aregwyn couldn't help but feel the sadness flooding back. In the past few hours, while in Banamir's company, she had felt safe and comforted and happy but now she couldn't smile. Banamir looked down at her as she struggled to fight back tears. He put her arms around her and hugged her, hoping this wasn't to forward, shushing her and comforting her.

Aregwyn didn't know why but when she was in his arms she felt safe and joyful. That's the way his company made her feel. She sighed as he held her close as she tried to stop her tears dripping down her face and her heart from thudding wildly ...
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 11:35
Arwyn shut the door quietly as she exited her aunt's chamber. She went to the room just down the hall from that chamber that had been prepared for her. She opened the door, and found that all her belongings had been brought up for her. She went over to her bag and pulled ink, parchment, and a quill from it. She went over to a desk that was in the room and began to write:

Ada,

It is Arwyn, your beloved daughter. I request that you, Ada Muinthor, and Nail Ada* to come to Minas Tirith at once. There has been a tragedy. Our beloved Arwen needs us now more than anything. Please make haste.

Iell Lin*,

Arwyn

She put her quill down, then tied a ribbon around the parchment and went out onto the top level of the citadel. She wistled for Toss. He came she tied the parchment to his leg and wispered, "Revia Toss. Rada ada nin*" He flew off, into the sky, to find her father.

(((***Nail Ada- Referring to Celeborn means Third Father, Iell Lin- Your Daughter, Revia Toss. Rada ada nin- (roughly) fly toss find my father.
And does anyone in particular want to take Celeborn Elladan or Elrohir, If not, I can play them unti we find someone.)))
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 09:12
Banamir held the weeping princess in his arms, marvelling again at how she had changed since he had seen her last. The hours talking with her had passed like minutes. He was sorry to bring up her father and move her to such tears, but he also knew the tears were good for her. He gathered from their conversation that she had been bottling up her emotions all day long. "Come with me," he whispered to her. "I have something to show you." She nodded, wiping tears from her cheeks. He guided her down one level and onto a path that meandered behind a large house. Aregwyn caught her breath as she saw where the path led. A garden with statues and fountains. In the center grew a tree the likes of which Aregwyn had never seen. Though it was only the beginning of March, the tree was covered with fragrant pink and white blossoms. Banamir led Aregwyn to a stone bench and they sat together. "It is early yet. If you like, I will bring you back here when it is fully in bloom. There is no place in Minas Tirith that smells so sweet in the springtime."

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by ramtis_greywolf]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 05:50
Aregwyn choked back the unwanted tears and stared at the ground. She didn't wish for Banamir to see her crying as she did not wish to reveal emotions to others. And Banamir could sense this. As he held her close, her weeping stopped and she croakily said, "Thank you."
Banamir looked at her surprised, "What for?" he asked Aregwyn.
"You have helped me let out my emotions and now finally I am ready to accept that my father is gone from Middle Earth and I need to move on.You helped me realise that and I am in your debt for that!"
Banamir laughed slightly and brushed the praise away but she could see out of the corner of her eye that he smiled happily at her comment.

Aregwyn finally looked around at where Banamir had led her. It was beautiful and she stood up, and Banamir released his arms from around her, and went over to the tree. She tenderly touched the tree, carefully picking off one of the blossoms as she marveled at the beauty of her surroundings.

Banamir came to stand behind her but she did not realise until he rested his hands on her shoulders. As Aregwyn turned to face him she felt her heart going: Thud! Thud! Thud!
And she couldn't stop it pounding. She turned to fully face him and took his hands into her own.
"I am serious. I thank you deeply, your company has lifted the sadness and grief from me. I no longer despair."

Then slowly she kissed him softly but breifly on the lips but quickly pulled away and hurriedly apologised. "I am so sorry!" she said embarassed at her actions and she turned and fled, her face now scarlet...

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by arwen_the_evenstar]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 10:32
Banamir watched the princess flee and longed to call her back. "You need not apologize," he murmered, fingering the spot where she had kissed him. Go after her, you fool, his heart told him. No, it's not the right time. I cannot take advantage of her grief, his mind argued. He saw her still, at the edge of the garden now, and decided to listen to his heart. "Princess Aregwyn," he called, running as he had not done since he was a boy--indeed, he felt like a nervous schoolboy in her presence--"Please wait!" She turned to face him, and he hoped she would stay long enough for him to catch up with her.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 10:52
(((I guess I'll play Celeborn, Elrohir, and Elladan. )))

After Toss had disappeared into the sky, Arwyn just stood there watching the sky. She sighed and walked back to her temporary chambers. She laid down on the bed and wept for the second time that day. She then fell into an amazingly peaceful slumber. She dreamt of Aragorn meeting his father in Mandos' Halls, then she saw Arwen being reuinted with her Estel. Not once did she see herself, 'I am probably still walking the earth alone.' she thought, as she jerked awake tears streaming down her pale cheeks again. She laid her head back down, and then fell into a fitful sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Elladan, Elrohir, and their grandfather Celeborn had been riding for ten days, to reach Minas Tirith. They were only two days ride away, when Elladan looked into the sky, and stopped suddenly. Elrohir and Celeborn did the same, "What is it my brother?" Elrohir asked his twin. Elladan watched the sky intently, "I think I saw the hawk of my daughter, Arwyn." Just as he said this, Toss flew down and landed on his arm. "Mae Govannen Toss, what do you have for me?" He said as he untied the letter from the bird. Once the bird was free, he flew into the sky back to Arwyn.

Elladan opened the letter, he read it and then said, "It is as we feared my family, a tragedy has taken place in Minas Tirith. My daughter calls to us from there. We must make haste." He kicked his horse, and Elrohir and Celeborn followed. They could make it to Minas Tirith in a day and a half if they needed.

Ten days earlier, Elladan and Elrohir, who have the gift of being able to see far off, saw a glimpse of the condition of Aragorn, they knew the King was passing, so they left at once with their grandfather for Minas Tirith. They had been travelling at such haste that neither Elladan nor Elrohir had seen that Aragorn had died. All they knew was that the King was nearing death.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 09:00
Aregwyn stopped and faced him. She didn't know what to say and she had the right mind to run off, leaving him there. But she could not allow it.
"I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I don't know why I did it and I'm just ...sorry..." She said, staring at the floor, her face still a deep shade of crimson.
He looked at her kindly and she just turned away from him, unable to look at him again.
'How embarassing' she thought 'what did you go and do that for?! You really do the stupidest things sometimes, Aregwyn. Her mind said to her. She sighed and turned back round
"The truth is Banamir...I...I..." She said, hesitating, not knowing quite what to say. 'Just tell him' her mind screamed.
"I like you okay!" she mumbled in a mouse whisper looking away quickly and beginning to walk away...
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 02:30
"Aregwyn, wait," he insisted, hurrying to catch up with her. "You don't need to apologize to me. I... I..." He stammered, uncertain what to say. The emotions rising within him seemed to have disconnected his mouth from his brain. He took Aregwyn's arm and turned her towards him. "I like you too." Cupping her chin in his hand, he lowered his own mouth to hers and kissed her tenderly.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:28
Aregwyn squirmed, in his grasp but then she felt him kiss her tenderly almost in hesitation, his hands cupping her chin. He broke the kiss but Aregwyn smiled warmly and delicately ran her fingers down his face. He shuddered at her touch slightly but she just carried on stroking his cheek and she said, "I like you very much and in fact..." now it seemed that she was at ease she said immediately without trouble: "I love you Banamir."

She smiled happily and clasped his hands in her own and she touched his lips delicately a couple of times but the third time she drew him closer in a long and passionate kiss...

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by arwen_the_evenstar]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:02
Banamir enjoyed Aregwyn's kiss, but he also worried. What if she regretted it later. What if she thought he was taking advantage of her on the hardest day of her life? But her body felt warm and soft against his, and he abandoned his concerns and continued kissing her. When she finally pulled away, he looked into her deep eyes. "I love you, too, Aregwyn." He could hardly believe how quickly this had happened, but somehow they had connected as they walked and talked together. "May... may I have permission to court you? Normally I... I would have asked your father, but now I suppose I only need to ask you. Or... or do you think I should ask Eldarion?" He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. He really did sound like a nervous schoolboy. He didn't know the least thing about courting. All his life he had kept his nose in his books, concentrating on his studies and his work as Elessar's counsellor. The only woman he really knew was his mother. He worried about how quickly he and Aregwyn had moved from being acquaintances to declaring their love. "Or... or maybe we should take things a little more slowly, spend some time getting to know each other. Make sure we really feel what we think we are feeling."
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:54
At last Arwen dried her tears and finished writing. She placed a shawl around her shoulders and slipped from the room. She forced a smile at the young guard who had taken Thangaraf's place. "You may have the rest of the day for yourself," she told him. She hurried down the corridor, out the palace doors, and into the street. She had hoped to go back to the House of the Kings, to sit by his body and tell him all she was feeling, but she could see the crowd of people gathered round and could not bear the thought of them recognizing her. They mourned their king's passing, but could not understand the depth of their queen's grief. So she moved away from the House of Kings, through the empty streets of the city. No one bartered in the market today, no children ran and played in the streets. The people had either gathered at the House of Kings to mourn publicly or had retreated to their homes to express their sorrow more privately. Arwen knew that she would not be noticed. She meandered through the levels, everything she saw reminding her of Estel. Aragorn he was to some, Elessar to others, but to her he would always be Estel, her hope. He had told her not to despair, but how could she not? Without Hope, despair was all she had left. Be thankful, she chided herself. Think of Anneruon. Think of Eldarion and your daughters. Think of Arwyn. She loved them all dearly, but longed to be with her Estel. She wandered until she found herself in a small garden where she and Estel had often walked together. The flowers had not blossomed yet, it was too early for that. She was not sure how they could ever blossom again now that Estel had died. Suddenly she knew. She could not stay here. Though she loved Eldarion, she could not bear to see him rule in his father's stead. He would be a good king, but to see him on the throne of Gondor would only remind her every day of what she had lost. She had promised Anneruon that she would not leave right away, but she knew she had to go before Eldarion's coronation. Probably the city would mourn for a month before they crowned him. Before that time, she would have to say her goodbyes to all those she loved and then take her leave. She had loved Minas Tirith, but without Estel she could no longer call it home. Perhaps she would return to Lorien, where she had spent so many happy years with her grandparents. Or Rivendell. No. Her father's absence would haunt her too much. She turned to go back to the palace, ready to face her family once again. As she left the garden, she noticed something. Kneeling down, she saw a small white blossom amid the fallen leaves. She plucked it and held it to her breast, savoring its sweet fragrance. She considered it a confirmation that what she planned to do was right. "Estel nín," she murmered, "gerich veleth nín." (My Hope, you have my love.)

[Edited on 2005/12/2 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 01:25
"I'd like to get to know you Banamir but you must understand I feel strange now, happy almost. When I am with you I feel joy and I think I am falling in love with you. No I am sure I am. But if you want to take it slower I will understand its just I love spending time with you. I know we have only just met but it feels like I knew of you forever. But now I realise, I don't know anything about you, your family, your history, your hobbies. I guess we should take it slower its just if that's what you want then I feel so stupid for my actions!" Aregwyn said a hint of regret in her voice, "I guess I should go now."
She turned to leave him and did not glance back over her shoulder as she left the sweet smelling garden and the man she knew she loved...
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 06:37
Arwyn startled out of her fitful slumber, Toss had returned, she could feel it. She stood up and walked onto the citadel. She saw her hawk circling over Pelennor Fields. "What are you doing back so soon Toss?" She asked the wind, as it blew her long dark hair into her face. She felt much sorrow in her heart. Her closeness with her aunt, had made it to where when Arwen was feeling sorrow, so did Arwyn. "So you have left your chambers, Ada muinthel? Where did you go?" She was speaking to herself. She wondered if Arwen would be able to handle seeing Eldarion crowned in his father's place. She wished Arwen would speak to her more openly. "You will always be welcome where ever I am, my dear Aunt." She whispered to the wind as it blew once more, hoping that it would carry her message to her aunt. Where ever she was.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 07:13
Banamir stood and cursed his foolishness as he watched her go. This time, he forced himself not to follow. "Gerich velith nín, Aregwyn Heryn," he whispered ("You have my love, Lady Aregwyn"). He wanted nothing more than to hold on to her forever, but he was by nature a cautious man. Anyone who had just suffered a great sorrow as the princess should be slow to make such decisions. Still, he would court her and he prayed he would indeed win her. He looked around his garden, imagining the day not far off when all the flowers would be in bloom. "I wonder what flowers the princess loves most," he thought. "She will have a bouquet every day." He decided to begin with the flowers from the tree. He plucked 15 or 20 of the most beautiful blossoms and carried them into the house. A servant found the perfect vase for them. Then he sat to write a note. Forgive me, please, dear Princess Aregwyn. You must not feel foolish for your actions. I cherish the memory of your kiss. If you will allow me to court you, I would be pleased to do so. Yours, Banamir.

He folded and sealed the note, then called for a servant. "Please deliver these to the castle and say they are for the Princess Aregwyn. Perhaps they will ease her grief at her father's passing."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 09:53
Aregwyn returned to the Citadel, feeling foolish and slight embarassment. Was she supposed to feel this? She brushed the thought out of her mind and tried to forget about her rash actions towards Banamir. She bowed to the guards as they opened the doors for her and she proceeded to enter the royal residence. The hall was empty, only the servants were there, cleaning and tidying up. They bowed and said "M' lady" as she passed but she just carried on walking until she came to her mother's room. She knocked on the door but there was no answer so she knocked harder and louder calling to her mother.
"Princess Aregwyn..." it was the royal guard, Thangaraf but he was not at his position near the door and he was not dressed in the uniform of the royal guard. "Your mother left her room awhile ago. She told the other guard to take the rest of the day off. I don't know where she went, a neither did the young Man who took over after my shift finished."
"Okay then thank you Thangaraf." Aregwyn replied wondering what to do now she wanted to do something in order to occupy her time and mind but she didn't know what. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders and wandered around the halls instead. She came to what had been her father's study. She carefully pushed the door open and explored inside. Crumpled paper still littered the desk and paintings hung upon the wall detailing Gondor's history. She moved towards the desk and there stood a painting of her mother, in all her elvish beauty. It was set in a golden frame encrusted with jewels. And Aregwyn stopped and picked it up carefully and stared at it for a moment, it was brilliant. It showed all her mother's natural beauty and whats more she was smiling on it. In the past few days Aregwyn had not seen her mother truly smile and be happy. Now she understood why her fathers passing was hard to accept. True they had, had many long and happy years together but now he was gone so was her joy.
"Estel." Aregwyn whispered, she'd heard her mother call him it many times and she understood. Her mother's estel had gone, her hope had gone and it seemed it would never return.

She finally understood and she placed the painting carefully upon the desk and exited the room hoping nobody had seen her. She had given up on exploring the palace so she went back to her chambers and flopped down on the bed. She heard a knock at the door and groaned. But she finally went to the door and opened it. A servant girl stood there and she carried some flowers.
"My princess." she said nervously, "I was asked to give you these from a young man. He said that they may ease your grief at your father's passing." She carefully handed the flowers to the princess' open arms and produced a note from the pocket of her dress. "I was also asked to deliver this from the same man." She handed the princess an envelope, sealed and addressed to her. Aregwyn thanked the girl and shut the door carefully. She took the flowers in the vase and set them upon her dressing table while she opened the note in curiosity. It was from Banamir! Her hands shook as she slowly opened the envelope and unfolded the letter. But she was interrupted by a knock on the door before she could read it...

[Edited on 12/2/2005 by arwen_the_evenstar]
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 11:18
Arwen hurried up the steps to the palace doors, avoiding the sympathetic looks that were thrown her way. She did not mean to be rude, but she knew that if she looked at anyone, she would burst into tears again and she was tired of crying.

She saw a servant leaving Aregwyn's room and wondered how her daughter was doing. She knocked softly on Aregwyn's door and waited for her to answer.

arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 02:38
"Come in." said Aregwyn quickly, folding the letter back into the envelope and abandoning reading it she stood up and looked as the person entered.
"Naneth," she whispered to her mother, "I was looking for you earlier."
Her mother didn't reply but just stepped further into the room.
"What is wrong, daughter of mine?" her mother asked, worriedly as she sat down beside her daughter on the bed.
"Mother, how do you know when you're...you're...in...lo.." she stopped wondering whether to ask her mother, after all this subject could bring back her mother's sadness of Aragorn's passing. She stopped speaking and missed off the ve from the end of her sentence. "Never mind." she finished. Arwen looked at her daughter suspiciously and she could see Aregwyn was hiding something from her. She asked her again what was wrong but she wouldn't say she just brushed the question away and tried to change the subject.
"So what's wrong with you mother. Is everything alright? There must be a reason you decided to visit me!" Aregwyn said gazing at her mother. Arwen was planning something, Aregwyn knew this, surely her mother wouldn't be able to stay in the city, would she? She stared at her mother waiting for her to reply...
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 02:41
(ooc: arwen, we miss your posts over at Minas Tirith Tales. I've been doing Elessar because we need him to move the story along, but he's really your character there. Hope you'll be back! By the way, how old is Aregwyn at this point? I'm trying to figure out Banamir's age.)

Banamir sat at table, staring at his meal. Thoughts of Aregwyn crowded everything else out of his mind. He couldn't even eat, even though it was his favorite meal. He pushed the potatoes around on his plate. His elderly mother sat across from him. Even now, he felt childish whenever her gaze rested on him, when he knew she was trying to figure out what he was thinking or why he was behaving a certain way.

"Now, Son, what is wrong? Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm fine, Mother." To prove his point, he speared a piece of beef with his fork and raised it to his mouth. "Nothing's wrong."

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow and he really felt as if he were 10. She had left their estate and come to live with him in the city after his father had died. Now she reigned as matriarch in his household. "I can tell something is wrong," she said. "Mothers know these things. You have that look about you. Of course, maybe it's just that you mourn the king's passing. We all do, Son. We all do." She patted his hand.

He nodded without speaking, glad that she had decided for herself what ailed him. Usually she persisted until he told her everything. For now, though, he was spared giving an explanation. To please his mother, he ate some more beef and potatoes and took a swallow of wine. "Excuse me, Mother. The Counsel is meeting this evening. We must discuss Eldarion's coronation. I will not be late." He pushed his chair in and hurried from the house.

Surely a little fib was all right to get him away from Mother's penetrating gaze. In truth, the Counsel was not meeting until the next day. For this day, at least, the prince needed time to grieve with his family. He found himself walking towards the palace, wondering whether Aregwyn had read his note yet. He hoped she had. As a member of the Counsel, he gained access to the palace easily--the guard just waved him through. Once inside, though, he wasn't sure what to do. He couldn't very well walk up to the living quarters and knock on Aregwyn's door. At last he stopped a servant who was walking by. "Excuse me, please," he asked. "Could you let the Princess Aregwyn know that Banamir is waiting in the grand hall?" The servant nodded and scuttled towards the stairs. Now Banamir waited nervously.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 02:55
Arwen reached for her daughter and clasped her hand. "Oh Aregwyn, my dear daughter," she said. "You can't know how much I love you." She stroked her daughter's hand, then gathered the courage to look her in the eyes. "Dear One, I went walking this afternoon. My chamber seemed so full of your father's presence that I had to get away from it. I couldn't stand to be there, feeling him so near, and yet knowing I will not see him again in this world." Tears flooded her eyes, but she tried to hold them back. "So I went walking, but I found that the whole city is the same way. Everything reminds me of your father. Wherever I go, I feel as if he has been there and left just before me." She could no longer hold back her tears. Aregwyn held her weeping mother close. "So I have decided I must leave Minas Tirith. I cannot stay in the city, I cannot bear to see your brother's coronation. Don't misunderstand me, I love your brother and know he will be a good king, but the loss of your father is just too great for me to bear. Every time I look at Eldarion, I see my Estel, but he isn't my Estel. But I don't know how to tell him, I don't think he'll understand." Arwen knew that by now she was making no sense. She didn't expect Aregwyn to understand. But her daughter did not speak. She just held her tight and let her cry as long as she needed.

She had finally regained her composure and pulled back from her daughter when a knock sounded at the door. "Answer it, dear one. I'm all right," the queen said.

[Edited on 2005/14/2 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 05:51
Aregwyn just held her mother and allowed her to cry openly. She thought about what her mother had said it did make some sense. After all it was true that you couldn't go anywhere without seeing something related to Elessar King. And Aregwyn suspected that the mourning people of the city didn't make her mother feel any better! She just couldn't accept that her mother would leave the City. She understood why she needed to leave but Aregwyn just wished that somehow for some reason her naneth would stay. But Arwen was decided that she would leave and Aregwyn knew that no matter how much she tried to pesuade her she would still leave.
Aregwyn's mind was buzzing with this new information and trying to process it, so it got through to her. She just sighed and held her mother and softly whispered, "It's alright naneth. I understand."

Suddenly there came a knock at the door and Arwen broke apart startled. She brushed the tears away and told Aregwyn to answer it. So she made her way over to the door. She opened it and a servant stood there. "I am sorry to interupt, princess Aregwyn but a Man told me to inform you that he is waiting in the great Hall."
"Who was he? Did he mention his name?" she asked the servant.
"Oh pardon me I forgot to tell you who it was!" she said slightly flustered, "He said his name was Banamir, m' lady."
Aregwyn turned and looked at her mother who still sat upon the bed, "You go little one. I will be okay." She nodded and walked out of the room. She went down the corridor, walking swiftly and descended the stairs. The doors to the great hall were shut but as she went to open them she was overcome with nervousness. She reached out and opened the doors and entered the room...
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 10:21
(OOC: I am posting on behalf of ramtis_greywolf as he asked me too!)

Banamir stood in the Great Hall, pacing nervously. He wasn’t sure why he had come here. Aregwyn had seemed so embarrassed when she ran off. Would he make it worse now? But he couldn’t leave before she came. His eyes ached for another sight of her. His arms ached to embrace her once again. Finally, he heard the sound of the door creaking open and Aregwyn came in. He smiled at her, feeling the heat of a blush on his face. “M’lady,” he said, “you ran off so suddenly. I wanted to be sure…” He couldn’t continue. He didn’t know what to say to her. Should he have waited until she had acknowledged his note? She came closer to him. Without thinking about it anymore, he took her in his arms and kissed her, as he had been longing to do again ever since they had parted earlier in the day.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 11:17
Arwyn had been standing on top of the citadel, staring at the city down below. From afar she saw three riders approach. She knew who it was.

Arwyn rushed down the levels of the citadel When she reached the bottom, she heard the guard of the gate say, "Three riders approach!"

Arwyn scrambled to get where the guard could hear here, "Open the gate!" She yelled, "Open the gate!"

The guard looked down at her, "Excuse, me Lady Arwyn, do you know of these visitors to Minas Tirith?"
"It is my father, great grand-father, and uncle, now will you please open the gate?"

The guard bowed his head slightly and proceeded to order the rest of the guards to open the gate. After the gate had groaned open, Elladan, followed by his brother Elrohir, and grand-father Celeborn entered the city.

Elladan glided off his horse. "Iell nin!" He exclamed as Arwyn ran to him. He cupped her chin in his hands. And wiped the tears that had formed in her eyes and slid down her cheek. "Why do you cry, my dear daughter? What ill has befallen Minas Tirith?"

Arwyn let the tears flow, not even trying to stop them, "Ada," she paused, "Ellessar King has passed." She stopped and bowed her head. Her father, Elrohir, and Celeborn did the same. Elladan raised his voice, and said a lament in Elvish, as all of the elves put their hands over their hearts. It was the same lament that Arwyn had whispered the day Aragorn had passed. "Ada," Arwyn said when he was finished, "Arwen needs us. Come, I will take you to her chambers."

Arwyn instructed some servants to take the horses to the stables and have them fed. Then Arwyn, Elladan, Elrohir, and Celeborn proceeded to their family member's chamber.

(((I kno I kinda rushed it with Elladan Elrohir and Celeborn, but I was gettin bored. Lolz! I hope no one minds...)))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email