Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Emotional Times
on: February 14, 2005 07:30
After Aregwyn had left to greet her visitor, Arwen returned to her chambers. With Estel, she always knew what to do. Now she couldn't focus, couldn't settle on anything. She sat on her bed for a few minutes, then moved to the desk and tried again to write. Unsuccessful here as well, she moved to the window to look back over the city. She was restless. Sitting still for more than a moment or two made her start thinking again of her loss, and she couldn't bear that. She was grateful to hear a knock at her door. She moved to open it, and fell into the comforting arms of her taid ada. Celeborn held her close and gently kissed his granddaughter's hair. Elladan and Elrohir gathered around their sister, but seemed unsure what they should say to her. It didn't matter. Their presence meant more to her than words.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 11:09
Arwyn was unsure whether to stay in the room, or to let the family have a private moment. You are part of the family her heart told her. She had distanced herself so much from anyone that she had forgotten her place. She just drifted to the back, to the corner of the room, making her presence little known.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My dear Taid Iell." Celeborn said cupping Arwen's chin in his hands. "Arwyn," He pointed to the elf in the corner, "Has told us of the terrible news. What will you do, you have realize that you cannot hide in your chambers forever. What is your next move."

Elladan and Elrohir looked at eachother, Celeborn had a way of getting straight to business, but it was true, Arwen had to face reality, and do something v. soon. Elladan took one of Arwen's hands, and Elrohir took the other, "Whatever you choose, muinthel nin." Elladan said.

"We will always be there for you." Elrohir finished. They all waited to hear perhaps an explanation from Arwen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arwyn grew impatient in the corner. She stood, "I will leave you all alone, to discuss what is important. If I am needed, do not hesitate to call for me." Arwyn started for the door, wondering if someone would stop her this time.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:54
"Please, Arwyn." Arwen reached out for her niece. "Do not leave, Dear One." Arwyn turned back and hugged her aunt. Then Arwen looked around at her family. "Taid ada, muindyr nín. My dear niece." Her heart was nearly bursting with love for them, and she did not know how to say what she had just told Aregwyn. "I have just talked with Aregwyn about this. I... I simply cannot stay in Minas Tirith. I cannot bear to see Eldarion's coronation--when I look in my son's eyes, I see only his father and my grief overwhelms me. So, I must leave Minas Tirith. I must wander alone until the day finally comes when I can join my Estel. But I don't know how to tell Eldarion, and I can't bear to tell little Anneruon. He has begged me not to leave, but I see no other way for me." She fell against Celeborn's shoulder, weeping. Celeborn held her close, rubbing her back and kissing her gently on the top of her head.

[Edited on 2005/16/2 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 04:39
Aregwyn finally broke the kiss after many minutes. "I am guessing this has something to do with that letter!" she said to him, rather amused but when she saw the worried look on his face she added, "I have not as yet read the letter, I was interrupted before I could read it! Thank you for the flowers though, they're beautiful and forgive me for not reading the letter as of yet."
He just smiled in an understanding way and Aregwyn again moved closer to him. She slowly caressed his cheek and he closed his eyes, softly. Then she again moved closer to him, now sure of her feelings, and he returned them she was sure of that. She delicately stroked his cheek and gently drew him closer in a sweet and loving kiss...
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 11:01
Celeborn allowed his grand-daughter to weep openly in his arms. She racked with sobs for about five minutes and then sobered, Elladan then spoke. "My dear Muinthel. Where do you plan on going? There are many places to go."

Arwen was silent. Elrohir then spoke, "We will find a way, to help you tell your children, anyway we can help we will."

Elladan then grabbed his daughter by the shoulder, "My daughter Arwyn thinks so highly of you. You two have a wonderful relationship. I know I speak for her when I say again, No matter what you choose, we will always be there for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arwyn felt the warmth of her fathers hand on her shoulder. It had been a long time since she had felt his hand on her. Too long, she told herself. It had been years since she had visited Rivendell, where her father dwells. "I have an idea," Arwyn said speaking up, "If anyone wants to know..." she trailed off, it had been too long since she had seen her family. She needed to start remembering that they were her family.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 09:23
Banamir chuckled. "Ahh. The letter. It's all right. I can tell you what it said. I asked your forgiveness; I said you should not feel foolish; I told you I cherish the memory of our kiss; and I asked permission to court you. But I could not wait any longer for your answer--you have filled my thoughts so that I could do nothing. I told my mother that I had to meet with the Counsel about your brother's coronation, and then I came here to see you. Now, will you walk with me?"

He took her arm and they walked together out the door into the streets of Minas Tirith. "So," he asked her. "How would you have answered my letter if I had not come to see you first?"
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 09:33
Arwen took her niece's hand and squeezed it gratefully, then answered her brother's question. "I don't know at all where I will go, only that I must go. I couldn't bear to be in Rivendell--it just wouldn't seem right to me without Ada. And thank you for being here, for your support. Arwyn, please, tell us your idea. I would be glad of your help."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 05:01
As Aregwyn allowed Banamir to take her outside she thought for a moment then replied, "You want to know how I would answer it? It is simple I would say like wise." she stopped walking and sat down on a bench, he sat beside her and she took his hands, "I would have said that I love you Banamir and I am perfectly sure of my feelings. When I am with you all grief or worry is emptied from my mind, you show me that there is still happiness and you have helped me realise that no matter
how hard I hope and cry ada won't come back. Mother is too depressed, she will not be able to cope if she has to stay in this city, everywhere she looks it reminds her of ada. She is leaving before Eldarion's coronation but that is too soon for my liking. It is her choice though." she looked up at him and he nodded in understanding, she continued, "I am babbling on aren't I?" she asked him.

"No." he replied, "I will always be here to provide a listening ear, remember." Aregwyn laughed then continued when she remembered what he had said he had wrote in the letter, "You asked to court me in the letter. Of course I agree to this, you have no need to ask my brother permission! Why didn't you just tell me of your feelings you should not have been embarassed. There's no need to ask for forgiveness either I felt foolish, that's true enough but now I realise I shouldn't have at all. I love you Banamir from my heart and it would indeed make me extremely happy if you would court me, or maybe we have already began to do so!" she joked and he chuckled, happily. They spent an hour or two just sat together in each other's company until Aregwyn asked if she could be excused, "I am terribly sorry to leave you but I must speak with my mother. I am afraid it can't wait, I am so sorry to leave you now but I promise as soon as I speak to her I will come and find you and then we can talk some more, if you'd like that." He nodded, allowing he to go though he did so after a little hesitation. She smiled happily and they shared one last parting kiss and she went to find her mother.

She pratically skipped off, she felt so happy. She entered the royal residence and went straight to her mother's room. She heard muffled voices talking together. She recognised the voices she had not heard them in a long time. Unable to wait any longer, she knocked softly on the door calling, "Naneth? May I come in?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 09:37
(ooc: I apologize for this, but I need to stop RPGing. Though I enjoy it, it's taking too much time away from my work. I am handing over my characters Thangaraf and Banamir to my wife, whom you will all recognize as kellidra. She has more time for this than I do, or she's more addicted--I'm not sure.)
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 11:00
Arwyn began to explain her thoughts, "I have travelled to the kingdoms of men, elves, dwarves, and even hobbits." She smiled as she remembered all they ate! "After things calm down here, I plan to return to my travels, or more, return to the life I lived before." Her father sent her thoughts You should come to Rivendell, live in the kingdom of my family. We love you Arwyn. Please, come live with us. This had been her father's plea to her for a long time now. She continued, "My dear Aunt, you could travel with me, until you have found a place where you are comfortable staying. And if that place is never found, you are always welcome to travel with me, wherever I go." She bowed her head in submission. She was ready to help her family in anyway she could. She then heard a knock at the door, and saw Aregwyn enter the room looking for her mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Aregwyn, Muinthel Iell, how wonderful it is to see you dear one." Elladan said as he walked over to his neice, and embraced her. Elrohir followed closely, "That goes the same for me, Aregwyn." Celeborn then slowly followed, the light of the eldar had long left him. And it was allowing age to get to him. "Nail Iell, it has been long, last time i saw you, I'd say you were not even aged five." he embraced her also. "It is wonderful to see you once more."

[Edited on 17/2/2005 by DFK6498]
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 12:07
OOC: I think Thangaraf will be a minor player for now, so I won't post much for him unless it seems right that he come back in. For now I'll just concentrate on Banamir and Arwen.

Banamir watched Aregwyn go, his heart full of love for her. He was glad he had not listened to all the arguments his mind had conjured to make him ignore his feelings for the princess. He wasn't exactly sure how to court a fair maiden, but he knew he was going to enjoy it. His heart light, he ambled towards home. Though a cloud of sorrow hung over Minas Tirith at the king's passing, Banamir had found joy.

Arwen hugged her niece. "Thank you for your kindness, my Dear. I think I would like to travel with you, Arwyn."

Aregwyn knocked and entered the room. Arwen could see that she was surprised to see her great-grandfather and her uncles there. Her daughter greeted them all happily, but Arwen sensed she wanted to talk privately. She wondered at the joy she could see in her daughter's eyes. Though joy had gone out of her, Arwen was glad Aregwyn had found something to make her smile again. The look on her daughter's face reminded her of... of the day she had first plighted her troth to Estel. Instead of pushing this memory away, as she had done to so many memories this day, Arwen let herself enjoy thinking of that day. On Midsummer's Eve they had stood upon Cerin Amroth, the sweet fragrance of elanor and niphredil mingling in the air and wafting about them on a light breeze. There they vowed to be married. Estel had held her in his arms, and she knew that for him she could give up anything, even immortality. Her father, she knew even then, was opposed--he could not bear the thought of losing her to death when he would cross to the Undying Lands to be with Celebrían again--but taid naneth, dear Galadriel, she had understood Arwen's heart.

Arwen shook off the memory to see her family staring at her as if they wondered what was wrong. "I'm all right," she murmured, the thought growing in her that all she wanted to do now was return to Lothlorien. "Please, I think Aregwyn needs to talk with me alone. I will join you downstairs in a little while." She hugged each of them in turn, then turned her full attention to her daughter. She just knew Aregwyn had found someone to love. She ached to think that her child might some day experience the loss she felt now, but she felt a glimmer of happiness nonetheless. Taking Aregwyn's hand, she led her to sit on the bed. "Tell me, my child, what has happened to bring you such joy? You look as if you are in love."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 03:52
As Arwen sat beside Aregwyn on the bed she said, "Tell me, my child, what has happened to bring you such joy? You look as if you are in love." Aregwyn sighed. This subject would be a delicate matter for her mother, she knew this. She was unsure whether or how to answer the question. In the end she knew she would have to tell her mother for if she didn't tell her Aregwyn wouldn't be able to hide her emotions from her mother.
"Yes, naneth...I am in love." she whispered slowly and carefully but her mother just smiled as she continued, "His name is Banamir and he is very kind and understanding. When I am with him I feel joy like I have not felt since ada's passing."
She looked up to see her mother's reaction to her words...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 06:15
Arwen rubbed her daughter's back as she had done when Aregwyn was a child and they had talked for hours about all the things the little girl was thinking. "Dear One," she said, "do not look so worried. It is good that you have found someone who brings you such joy as your father brought me." She walked to the window and looked out, then paced from one end of the room to the other. "Please forgive me, Aregwyn, if I struggle to share your joy. I know I should ask to meet your Banamir, but I... I don't know that I could handle that right now. But you have my blessing. If Banamir is as kind and loving to you as your ada was to me, I know Estel would offer you his blessing too."

[Edited on 2005/18/2 by kellidra]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 11:09
Arwyn smiled when her Aunt agreed to travel with her. "Come, Ada, Nail Ada, Ada Muinthor, it has been long since we have visited, let us leave Arwen and Aregwyn alone." They exited quietly as Arwen and Aregwyn began their conversation. Arwyn led her family down to the great hall, it was empty, she sat down at a table and her family did the same. "So," Arwyn began, "How have things been in the fair city of Imladris?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elladan decided to answer this question. "You would not know would you?" He stopped, "It has been long since you have had the courtesy to visit your father." He was being curt, he could even hear it in his own voice, he knew his tone would hurt his daughter, but it was time she settle down in one place.

"Ada..." Arwyn began, "You knew what my fate was, when I was born. This is life I have chosen." She grabbed his hand, "Please, do not be angry with me!" She said desperately.

Elladan knew his heart should be softening, but it wasn't. "If I had a choice in whether you would have sailed to Valinor or not, You would have gone. but even then, I did not see you like I should have."

Celeborn intervened, "Elladan. Your daughter is right, you knew her fate, but yet you did nothing to change it when you could." He paused, "Now of course, the light of the evenstar, cannot pass to a mortal elf, but it almost too late to change the way of life, that has been cut out for your daughter."

Elladan pondered this, "You are right Taid Ada." He sighed and kissed Arwyn's hand, "I am sorry, my dear iell." He took the back of her hand and caressed his face with it, Arwyn felt tears on it, "I don't want to lose you Arwyn, you mean more to me than anything." She took her hand and wiped the tears from her father's face. "Ada, you are not going to lose me." She hugged him. And they embraced, finally understanding eachother.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 08:05
(OOC: Sorry but I am not really sure what to write, I think a touch of writer's block is setting in!)

Aregwyn weakened at her mother's words and tears trickled down her face. She smiled and hugged her mother, holding her tight never wanting to let go. "Hanon le, naneth." She whispered in her mother's ear, "I think we should go and see our other guests, it would be rude to ignore them. You have told them about leaving haven't you?" she asked, cautiously but Arwen just nodded. They rose together and departed from the room, heading for the Great Hall where Elladan, Elrohir, Celeborn and Arwyn said they would be. Aregwyn paused to wipe away the remaining tears and slowly pushed open the door and entered the room...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 12:01
OOC: Oops. I kind of forgot to follow Eldarion, Anneruon, and Legolas.

Anneruon watched as his father and Legolas practiced parrying and thrusting with blunted swords. Eldarion often found that a bit of practice with a blade relieved his stress and brought him some peace. He wasn't sure what he was feeling now. Anger, perhaps. Because his father had chosen to leave them before they were ready. Sorrow, certainly. He loved and missed his father, and his mother's obvious anguish only increased his own grief. Worry, as well. For now he knew the burden of the crown would rest upon his own back. All his life he had been trained to succeed his father on the throne, and now the time had come. He did not feel ready. Thrust and parry, thrust and parry. Legolas was handy with the blade and quick upon his feet, no doubt. Sword play with this elf took much skill and stamina. Driven by his emotions, Eldarion fought as hard as he could. However, it was not hard enough. At last his sword was pushed aside by the elf's and he felt the dull point of a blade pressed against his shoulder.

"I concede," he said, dipping his head in a polite gesture. Legolas clapped him on the back. "You fight well, Eldarion. You are a worthy opponent."

Anneruon jumped up and down in excitement. "Let me try, Ada, let me try!"

Eldarion rubbed the boy's head. "Another day, son. When you are big enough to hold the sword I learned with, then you may begin to learn." The boy's face fell momentarily, but soon lit up again as Legolas lifted him off the ground. "Why don't you run to get your bow and arrows and we can have a lesson together after I have talked a bit with your Ada," he said.

Anneruon agreed happily and ran off to fetch his things. Legolas turned to Eldarion and motioned him towards a bench where they sat to wait for the boy. They knew he would be a while returning. Wherever he went, Anneruon found any number of things to distract him from his plans. "So," the elf said, "We haven't gotten to talk much since your father died. Was the way you fought just now any indication of how you are doing?"

Eldarion nodded. He had indeed fought much harder and more carelessly than usual. "Not well, Legolas. I miss my father. I mourn his passing. But mostly I grieve for my mother's loss. I don't know how she will bear seeing me as king. But how are you? You have known my father longer than anyone in Minas Tirith."

The elf shook his head, then gazed out over Minas Tirith. "I grieve, Eldarion. For elves, the pain of a loved one's death is a double sorrow. Your father has died and I do not even have the hope of seeing him again. I swore I would remain in Middle Earth as long as he lived, but I cannot remain here now that he is gone. I long again for the sea, for the white gulls crying. No ships sail these days from the Grey Havens, but I will build my own. Your mother cannot renounce her choice--she would not even if she could, for she has the hope of Mandos' Halls and reunion with her beloved--but my immortality remains. I will sail for the Undying Lands. Gimli will come to pay his respects to Elessar. If he wishes to sail with me, I will seek that boon for him. He longs to see the Lady Galadriel again."

At his friend's words, Eldarion became lost in thought. Legolas could not bear to remain in Middle Earth without Elessar. But what about Arwen? She could not leave Middle Earth, but would she be able to bear remaining in Minas Tirith? She had promised Anneruon that she would stay, but would her sorrow be too great?

Anneruon came skipping back, bow in hand and a quiver full of arrows on his back. "Let's go, Legolas!" he called.

Legolas smiled at the boy. "He is the image of your father as a child, when I first met him," he told Eldarion. Then he stood and reached out a hand for the young prince. "Come now, Anneruon. We have work to do, and it's not long till supper."

Eldarion watched them leave, then stood and hurried to the palace. He had to see his mother.

Arwen stood with her oldest daughter, her niece, brothers, and grandfather in the Great Hall. Her younger daughters would come soon for the evening meal. She wondered where Eldarion and Anneruon could be. Tonight she would have to tell the rest of the family what she would do. She could not wait any longer. At the end of a month of mourning after Estel's passing, Eldarion would be crowned king. She must be prepared to leave before that day. Her heart ached within her as she thought of saying good-bye to all those whom she loved. But she could think of no other way. The girls would be fine. They were just about grown up now, anyway. Their brother and sister would care for them well. They would miss her, she knew, but she also knew that they could not bear to see the depth of her sorrow. Now Aregwyn had Banamir. His love would soothe the pain she knew the girl felt at her father's passing, just as Estel's love had helped her through the sorrow of her own father's departure for the Undying Lands. Eldarion was strong and ready to become king. He would rule Gondor well and have no time to lament his mother's departure. Little Anneruon, he would feel the pain of her leaving more than anyone. Her heart broke to think of breaking her promise to him. Only for his sake was she not leaving tomorrow. She would stay for a few more weeks, but that was all she could manage. Children are strong, she thought. He will withstand the grief of losing his taid nana.

The door to the Great Hall opened and Eldarion strode in. He came to his mother's side and wrapped his arms around her. "You are leaving, aren't you, Naneth?" he asked sadly. She nodded her head and pressed against the warmth of his shoulder, desperate for comfort but unable to find any.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 03:21
(OOC: I do not know what to call Arwen's other daughters. I am sorry but I am not very good at making up names at the moment so if anyone could think of one I will be grateful. Also my elvish isn't very good so I hope these translations are okay!)

Aregwyn stood beside her mother, great-grandfather, cousin and her two uncles when Eldarion entered the room. The door to the Great Hall opened and Eldarion strode in. He came to his mother's side and wrapped his arms around her. "You are leaving, aren't you, Naneth?" he asked sadly. She nodded her head and pressed against the warmth of his shoulder, desperate for comfort but unable to find any. Aregwyn sighed, she wish she could do something for her mother, to ease her father's passing. She could not think of any comfort she could give so she stood silent as Eldarion hugged Arwen and Celeborn, Elrohir and Elladan went to greet him. Like Aregwyn, Arwyn stood still and silent watching her relatives.The door suddenly burst open for the second time and her one of her sisters walked into the room...

Elrohir and Elladan both looked up as she entered, "Suilad,na vedui!" they went to embrace their niece. She broke apart and went to her great-grandfather. He kissed her upon the brow and then she went over to Aregwyn who was still stood in the corner. "I am so glad that everyone's here. I wish mother would be happy though"
"She is trying," Aregwyn told her sister, "For our sake's. She is trying to be strong but the longer she is in this city the deeper her sorrow grows." Her sister looked at her confused as Aregwyn continued to speak, "You will see, mother has an announcement to make at dinner."

Eldarion went over to his sisters who were speaking quietly together in the corner, "Come," he said, "Dinner is served." They followed him, and both took seats at either side of their mother. Aregwyn saw that her other sister had joined them too, she must have entered the hall earlier.The servants proceeded to place wondeful food upon the table and poured out drinks into the goblets. Aregwyn saw her mother sigh, "It is time to get this over with child." she said softly and Aregwyn understood. Her mother stood up and got the attention of the people sitting around the table. They all listened intently wondering what she had to say. Arwen gulped, "As you know, Estel passed away more than a week ago and during that time we have all greived at his passing. But more so me. I cannot bear to stay in this city, when everywhere I look reminds me of Estel. That's why I will be leaving before Eldarion's coronation." She finished speaking and all around the table there was gasps of surprise. Aregwyn just sighed, heavily and turned to see the reactions of all the people present...
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 08:40
(OOC: I will be taking the other two daughters of Arwen. I have decided to name them Mallenwen-'golden maiden'-sindarin equivalent of Emma. The youngest daughter is called Gilwen-'star maiden'-sindarin equivalent of Estelle. Alright then here goes...)(By the way I apologise if this is long but...)

Gasps flew around the table and many hands flew their mouths in shock of this announcement. Mallenwen and Gilwen immediately protested. "Mother, you can't leave, you just can't. What will we do without you?"
Aregwyn looked up at them as Arwen moved towards her daughters, "I am sorry but you must understand I cannot bear to live here now Estel has passed away."
"Estel," Aregwyn whispered to herself, "Hope." Her mother suddenly spun round on her heels to face her oldest daughter.
"What did you say?" she asked. She wasn't angry or didn't seem to be. Aregwyn continued.
"That's what you used to call ada. Estel...hope." her mother nodded sadly, "We all just thought it was a name. For ada had many names: Elessar, Aragorn, Strider even Wingfoot I heard once. But Estel is what you always called him. Now your Estel has gone, your hope has gone." She smiled at her daughter.
"Thanks you, my child. At least someone understands my desicion. But come now is no time to grieve my leaving. You should be happy and joyful thanks to a certain young man." Aregwyn giggled and mother and daughter shared a smile. It was their little secret about Banamir, nobody else knew about him and Aregwyn.
"What man?" asked Gilwen, excitedly, she always loving to mess around with her sisters' love lives!
"Nobody, just a friend." Aregwyn told her sister. However Mallenwen smirked and replied, "So tell me, wise sister, does a friend kiss you passionately in the Hall for all to see." Aregwyn went a deep shade of scarlet. Gilwen smiled appreciatively at Mallenwen. They both turned to their older sister with smug smiles on their faces. "How did you know that?" she asked, worriedly.
"So you don't deny it then!" her sisters snorted and Aregwyn whacked her head for being so stupid, "I saw them together." explained Mallenwen. Aregwyn turned even deeper red and snarled at her sisters as they both made kissy kissy gestures.
Arwen smiled and burst out laughing, "See this is what I wanted. To see you having fun and being happy, even if it is at Aregwyn's expense." Aregwyn smiled, sheepisly at her mother. "You will be okay without me and anyway you need to help your brother in the preparations for his coronation." They all nodded and smiled at their mother and hugged her tight. She gathered them into her arms and held them all close. The three daughters burried themselves in her embrace and were quite unaware of anybody else until Elladan tapped his sister on the shoulder. They broke apart quickly.

"Now what are we all talking about?" he enquired. Arwen turned to her brother, "It's a girl thing." he jumped back immediately and stopped questioning them. They all laughed at him. "Come." Arwen said to her daughters and they returned to the table with her. Seeing that Arwen was alright the atmosphere in the room seemed to be happier and more joyful. Elladan and Elrohir were 'educating' Eldarion, Aregwyn, Arwyn, Mallenwen and Gilwen about the tricks and practical jokes they used to play on their sister and family. Arwen hovered around them with an amused glance on her face.Celeborn was also there, a deadly serious look on his face when Elladan told them delightfully how they had terrorized Caras Galadhon (sp?) as children and how they once had poured water onto the falling snow so that it turned to ice and their grandfather had slipped over and fell on his behind. Celeborn loomed over his grandsons who were still laughing at the memory and grabbed them each by the ear. "OWWW!" they screamed as their grandfather dragged them out of their chairs and out of the room. Arwen chuckled, "If I know grandfather we should hear their screams in a minute." Everyone listened intently and sure enough from outside they heard loud screeches and yelling. The room burst out in laughter as dinner ended and the group moved to outside for drinks and entertainment.

Servants poured wine into the adults' glasses as they sipped at the beverage and talked together. Elladan and Elrohir appeared minuted later, red in the face and their hair messed up, they were panting as they struggled to sit down on the chairs. "Just a tip." Elrohir gasped, clutching his chest, "Don't ever mention that again. By the way Arwen, grand father can still run fast, despite his age." Arwen and her brothers laughed loudly at his comment as Legolas and Anneruon walked over to them. "May I present to you, the best archer I have seen at his age... Anneruon, son of Eldarion." Everybody clapped as Anneruon bowed, shyly. He scampered over to his dad who picked him up and twirled him round and round. Eldarion, Arwen, Legolas and Celeborn were sat down discussing various issues concerning the city and Gondor in general. Arwyn, Aregwyn, Elladan and Elrohir, Mallenwen and Gilwen and Anneruon however sat in a circle of chairs and were discussing more light topics like Elladan and Elrohir's pranks that they played on Imladris and Caras Galadhon. Laughter issued from the group every five minutes or so. They were having such a wondeful time and they seemed to forget about all the other worries they had and just enjoy themselves. One by one they dispersed saying they were tired and before long only Aregwyn and Celeborn remained. Everyone else had went to bed and excused themselves. Before long Celeborn too disappeared leaving Aregwyn alone in the cold night. What she was not aware of was that her troublesome sisters were spying on her from round the corner. She shivered at the cold weather and she felt someone's arms slide round her waist. She turned round to see who it was.

"Banamir!" she muttered, shocked at his appearance. "It's so good to see you!" he smiled and kissed her on the cheek. "I would have come earlier but I saw you were with your family. I thought best not to intrude, considering certain circumstances." he said kindly. Aregwyn shivered as the wind lashed at her. Banamir saw this and took off his cloak. "Here." he said and placed the cloak around her shoulders. She smiled and rested her head on his chest, she looked up at his face. "Thank you." she whispered as he caressed her cheek, tenderly. She sighed, happily and closed her eyes. He lowered his face and gently kissed her as he held her tight in his arms...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 09:37
OOC: Sorry I haven't posted.

Arwen stood back and watched as her family enjoyed themselves. She couldn't help but smile a little as she saw her daughters tease each other, but within herself she wondered how they could seem so happy already. Her brothers and grandfather joked together at the table, telling old stories. She forced herself to laugh with the others at Celeborn's angry reaction to one of the twins' stories. But it all felt so hollow to her. She loved them all so much and was glad they could laugh, but her own smile was not real and she longed for the day when she could leave. At least little Anneruon had not heard her announcement. She was not ready for him to know. He came running to her, his beloved bow still in his hand, and she lifted him in her arms for a hug.

"I am proud of you, my dear Grandson," she said."

"Gramma, I hit the target right in the middle! You should have seen me!"

"I wish I had seen you. Someday you will be a great warrior." He nodded happily. Of all the people she loved, only this boy could bring light to her heart now. She thought it must be because he was so much like his grandfather.

Though he was really too big to be carried, Arwen held Anneruon the rest of the evening, unwilling to be parted from him. And he seemed to understand. After a little while, he laid his head on his grandmother's shoulder and fell asleep, clutching her around the neck with one arm, and clutching his bow in the other hand.

Legolas watched Arwen move about the room holding Anneruon. He smiled, remembering young Estel in Rivendell, clutching his mother's neck and sleeping against her shoulder. The boy looked just like his grandfather. No wonder Arwen couldn't bear to set him down. He wondered at the smile on her face. It seemed wooden, somehow. The cloud in her eyes showed that she did not feel the happiness her smile would suggest. She was being strong for her family, but he imagined that she longed to escape. He moved to her side. "Arwen, we have not been able to talk yet. Would you like to walk outside?" She nodded. At last she handed the sleepy child to his father and joined Legolas in the palace gardens.

"I hear that you mean to leave Gondor," Legolas asked, deciding to get straight to the point.

Arwen nodded. "Of all my friends, you alone know what it is for an elf to grieve this kind of loss," she told him. "My children are human, they cannot understand what I am feeling. Even though I have become mortal, my emotions are still those of an elf. And so I must leave. You will leave for the Undying Lands soon, won't you?"

He looked from the wall across the Field of Pelennor, then turned back to Arwen and nodded. "Yes. And I will bear your love to your mother and father for you."

She smiled at him gratefully--a real smile this time. "Thank you, my friend."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 11:13
Arwyn saw Legolas walking away from her aunt. She walked over longing to talk to this man, her long time friend. "Legolas," She began, "It has been long my friend." They embraced, she wondered if Legolas even remembered her, it had been a very long time since she had set eyes on this fair elf.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Celeborn, Elladan, and Elrohir took their leave from the entertainment. They needed rest from their long journey. Three chambers had been prepared for them. They entered them and all fell into peaceful slumbers.

(((OOC: Sry, it isn't long!)))
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 07:31
Legolas reached back in his memory and knew that the elleth who had just greeted him was Arwyn, niece of Arwen. "It is good to see you, mellon nín. It has been a long time. I am sorry the reason for our meeting is not a happier one." By some silent, mutual understanding, they walked outside together and stood on a balcony overlooking Minas Tirith.

"The city will not be the same without Elessar and Arwen," Legolas mused. "Everything that I have loved about Middle Earth is passing away. Eldarion will be a wonderful king, and Anneruon after him. But I am the last of the Fellowship of the Ring. All the others are gone now. While Elessar lived, I had reason to remain." He turned to Arwyn. "I am going to build a boat and pass to the Undying Lands. I will leave soon after the coronation."

Banamir walked with Aregwyn, happy to hold her small hand in his own. He had never felt this way before. As he gazed at her, his heart burned within him, beating so loud and fast he thought the whole city could hear it. When he spoke, his words came out awkwardly, though he was a man known for being well-spoken. He half-feared she would think him a fool. Many times he had heard what love could do to a man's mind, but he had discounted the stories until now. Now he knew why even the bravest warrior might fear love. And yet love impelled him. He could no more deny or run from the feelings that blossomed within him than he could cut off his own nose. His mother would counsel him to take care, to move slowly, but within himself he knew without any doubt: He and Aregwyn had been meant for each other. He could not ask her yet, not until he had an opportunity to talk with Eldarion, according to custom, and to make certain preparations, but he knew that within the year he hoped to marry the woman who walked beside him. He leaned down and spoke in her ear. "Please, will you have dinner with me tomorrow night? I... I would like you, um, well, to meet my mother."

Arwen moved towards her chamber, but as she entered it, she shivered with the cold feeling that had settled on her heart. While deep in her sorrow, she had hidden here. But now she could no longer bear the room, empty of her beloved's presence. She stood in the hall, looking towards the bed she and Estel had shared and a sick feeling washed over her. Entering briskly, she grabbed what she needed for the night, then left again and walked down the hall to a guest chamber. She passed the main housekeeper in the corridor and instructed her to let the family know where she could be found. She fell upon the unfamiliar bed and wept herself to sleep.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 10:53
Arwyn kept staring out over Minas Tirith as Legolas spoke. "I am happy that you will be able to pass to Valinor, do tell Taid Ada that I miss him terribly when you see him." she paused, remembering her dear Taid Ada, how he had begged and pleaded with her and Arwen to sail to Valinor with him, she sighed, "Will you take you dear Gimli with you? I know how much you two care for eachother, your bond is deep." Arwyn smiled as she thought of Gimli, how much he had hated elves, and then how much he came to love them. She turned to Legolas, "I wish I could repent of my choice sometimes. But I know that I am needed more here in Middle Earth than I would ever be needed in Valinor. I sometimes wonder if Arwen and I made the right choices? What do you think mellon nin?" Arwyn waited for Legolas's reply.

kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 02:20
Legolas chuckled at the memory of Gimli as they sailed out of Lothlórien on their quest, over 100 years before. "Gimli? If he wishes to go with me, I will seek that boon for him. I know he longs with all his heart to see the Lady Galadriel once again. He will come to Minas Tirith soon, for surely he has learned now of Elessar's passing. When I go, I will certainly give your love to your grandfather." He turned and looked back over the city. "I wish I could see all ends, Arwyn, but I cannot. I think Arwen could not have chosen otherwise. The grief she would have felt sailing to Valinor, forever parted from her beloved with no chance of seeing him again--surely that would have been harder for her to bear than this temporary estrangement from him. At least now they have the hope of being together again, and that hope is the only reason she she has not succumbed to complete despair." He gazed into Arwyn's eyes, noting the uncertainty and sorrow that filled them. "But for you, Arwyn? The choice of morality was offered to you as one of Elrond Halfelven's descendants. I cannot say which choice you should have made. Search your heart, Arwyn. Only you can know for certain. But I think perhaps your father has not left Middle Earth because he cannot bear to be parted forever from you. Your family loves you, Arwyn. If you cannot repent of your choice, at least spend more time with them in Rivendell. They long for you to be with them again." Taking in the look on Arwyn's face, Legolas decided he had said more than was helpful and grew quiet. She knew all this already, anyway. "I'm sorry, Arwyn. I'll not say it again. You must decide this for yourself." He hugged her gently. "I must go now. I will see you later." He turned and walked away.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 07:15
(Sorry its not that long! )

Aregwyn smiled at Banamir as he asked her: "Please, will you have dinner with me tomorrow night? I... I would like you, um, well, to meet my mother." He whispered in her ear then straightened up awating her answer. She smiled even more, "Of course Banamir, I would be delighted!" He beamed at her and she huddled close to him. They carried on walking through the courtyard. Aregwyn beamed all the time and she was smiling inside. She was overcome with joy. Here she was walking alone with the man she knew she loved, on a beautiful day, in a beautiful city. But then Aregwyn thought of her mother. No she firmly told herself she wouldn't allow herself to cry or be riddled with grief and sadness. Her mother had made her choice, Aragorn had passed away and Eldarion would be King. Suddenly she thought of this and asked Banamir, "Banamir. Has there been a meeting yet to discuss my brother's coronation?" she politely waited for his answer...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 07:35
Banamir sighed. "The council has met, but we have not been able to speak with Prince Eldarion yet. Your brother has been putting us off. The thought of taking his father's throne must be painful for him. And he knows how difficult it is for your mother. But we must meet with him. The coronation should be held as soon as possible after the month of mourning your father's passing." He squeezed Aregwyn's hand. "But come, let's not think of that now. When I am with you, I do not want to worry about matters of state. I simply wish to enjoy being with the loveliest young woman in all Gondor..." He smiled and bowed slightly, kissing the back of her hand. "... A young woman of both grace and intelligence, of whom I dare not think myself worthy."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 10:04
Aregwyn listened as he explained about Eldarion's coronation then Banamir continued, "But come, let's not think of that now. When I am with you, I do not want to worry about matters of state. I simply wish to enjoy being with the loveliest young woman in all Gondor..." he smiled and bowed slightly, kissing the back of her hand. "... A young woman of both grace and intelligence, of whom I dare not think myself worthy." Aregwyn smiled at his compliment and began to speak, "Of course you are worthy and don't you forget it!" she joked, "If I had the choice between the Lord of All of Middle Earth or you, I would certainly follow my heart. I would chose you, Banamir, Man of Gondor, counsellor to the King of Minas Tirith and truly the brightest and kindest, most thoughtful and most handsome and honestly the most wonderful man I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I love you...with all my heart!" She smiled and she squeezed his hand. She looked up at him...
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 10:43
(((Sorry, v. busy!)))

Arwyn thought of what Legolas had said. It was probably true that her father had not sailed because he couldn't bear to part with her. She knew she should probably take up residence in Rivendell. But now she had Arwen, she promised to travel with her until she found a place that she was comfortable staying in. Arwyn sighed, as confused of what was right as she ever had been. She remembered what her grandfather Elrond had told her, just before he sailed to the Undying Lands.

Follow you heart, my dear Arwyn, it will never lead you wrong. Her eyes welled with tears as she remembered how he had cradled her chin in his hand and accepted her tears. You place is somewhere Arwyn, maybe it is right under your nose. He then embraced her tightly and then he was gone, to Valinor, perhaps never to see Arwyn and Arwen again.

Arwyn sat down in one of the chairs. The deck had been long deserted, it had been dark for long. She knew she couldn't sleep, so it was no use trying to. She allowed her tears to flow, how much she desired to have someone, to hold her, to accept her tears, to be there for her when no one else was there. Her bitter tears slid silently down her cheeks and wet her beautiful dark blue dress that she was wearing. Is a person even out there for me? she asked herself. She dried her tears and sat silently, thinking of better days.
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 11:38
The next morning, Anneruon awoke early. He remembered falling asleep in Grandmother's arms, feeling her all warm against him. Ada must have brought him to bed, because he couldn't remember coming here. He wanted to get up right away and look for Legolas. He wanted to practice shooting arrows again. Legolas said he was good at it! Someday maybe he would be as good a marksman as his elf friend.

He pulled on some clothes, then grabbed up his small bow and his quiver and ran out the door. The hall was quiet. He must be the only one awake. No matter. He would go to the practice field by himself. Nodding at the Captain of the Guard as he hurried outside, he headed towards the field. The targets looked far away, but he knew his arrow could reach them. Only one other had come out to practice today. Not far from the spot Anneruon had chosen, a young soldier of Gondor pulled back on the string and let loose an arrow. Anneruon could see that his stance was different from Legolas's. It was all wrong, the prince was not surprised when the arrow went wild. He was glad Legolas was training him, because Legolas was the best marksman in all Middle Earth. At least, that's what Taid Ada had said. Thinking of Taid Ada made a lump form in Anneruon's throat. He missed his grandfather terribly. Ada had taken him to the House of Kings to see where Taid Ada lay now, like he was sleeping. His body looked so alive that Anneruon had wanted to push at him and beg him to wake up. But Ada hadn't let him close enough. He had muttered a sad goodbye, and then Ada had carried him away again. Now he wished Taid Ada could be here with him, watching him shoot his arrows.

Now he set an arrow to the string and let it fly. He watched as it travelled straight towards his target. Hooray! It hit true! He let another fly, and then another. They all flew straight for his target. At last his arrows were spent. Forgetting to look around him, he ran towards the target to gather them up. Before he had gotten halfway there, he felt a sharp pain in his back. He screamed and fell forward, and darkness engulfed him.

Galma ran as fast as he could toward the young boy who had fallen to the ground. He cursed the poor aim that brought him each morning to the practice field, hoping he could improve his archery skills. His comrades at arms often joked that, with a sword, Galma was a real danger to the enemy; but with a bow, he was only a danger to his own people. It was true. His arrows always flew wild. That's why he liked to practice in the morning when no one else was around. He had been concentrating so hard on his own aim that he hadn't noticed the boy. Didn't even know he was there until he heard the child scream. He guessed the boy was running towards the target to gather up his arrows. My shot went wild... again... I just hope he's all right. He gathered the child up in his arms and gasped as he recognized whom he held. It was the young prince, Anneruon. Sure that his own time as a soldier of Gondor was at its end, Galma raced with the boy towards the Houses of Healing.

[Edited on 2005/28/2 by kellidra]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 05:50
When Aregwyn looked up at Banamir she remembered what he had just said. He loved her and she returned this. Now Aregwyn finally understood what it felt like to be in love. Her mother most certainly would have felt that way too. Any thought Aregwyn had of her mother, concerning fathers passing she tried to put out of her mind. After all she didn't want to fall back into the grief and sadness which only a few days ago, consumed her. No doubt all her family would feel the same. But Aregwyn brushed this away and smiled at Banamir. He was right, he didn't want to be discussing matters of state with her and she didn't want that either. Aregwyn was anxious to see her granfather and uncles and also Arwyn so she excused herself, saying that she wished to return to the Citadel. Banamir offered to walk her there and she kindly allowed him too. He took her hand and they strolled back to the Citadel. There Aregwyn took her leave but not without a kiss to say goodbye, for now. She reached up and kissed him tenderly and they lingered for many minutes until Aregwyn finally broke apart and slipped away into the Great Hall.

Aregwyn sighed with pleasure. Being in Banamir's company made her full of joy and she just wished to open her mouth and sing with joy. She knew she had truly found the Man she loved, her one true love, and she wasn't going to lose him. She smiled again when she thought of this as she walked slowly back to her room. When she turned the corridor near the Houses of Healing she saw a Gondorian soldier running towards the Houses with a small boy in his arms. Aregwyn gasped as she realised who the small body belonged too. "Anneruon!" she cried and ran over to the Man who held the small boy. "What happened?" she asked the young soldier...
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 09:39
OOC: I accidentally used two different names for the soldier in my last post. I have settled on Galma and have corrected it above. Oh, if anyone wants to take Eldarion's wife, please do. I have deliberately been vague about her. I don't really want any more characters to handle, but I thought it would be cruel to make Eldarion a widower AND have his son close to death.

"M'lady," Galma gasped as he handed the unconscious boy over and followed the princess into the Houses of Healing. "It was an accident. My fault... He ran to get his arrows... I didn't see him... my shot... went wild... struck him. I'm so sorry. So sorry."

A healer was hurrying toward him. Galma could see the anguish on the princess' face as she looked at her nephew, then handed him to the healer. The healer's look as she examined the boy was grim. He looked Galma directly in the eye. "Go now. Summon his parents and his grandmother. They must come immediately." He moved towards a room with the young prince and motioned for Princess Aregwyn to follow him. Galma did not hesitate. He turned and ran out of the steps and to the palace as quickly as he could.

Thangaraf stood guard at the Palace gate. He looked down the street before him and saw a young soldier running as fast as he could, a look of anguish on his face. As he came closer, Thangaraf recognized him. It was Galma, struggling to catch his breath. "The prince," Galma gasped out as he reached the gate. "Summon Prince Eldarion. And the Queen too. Prince Anneruon is injured." Galma leaned over, hands on his knees and tried to breathe. "It... it was my fault... at the practice field. My shot went wild... hit the boy. He was running to collect his spent arrows... What will I do? What if he dies?" The man was sobbing, and Thangaraf knew Galma was not prone to such displays of emotion. The young prince must truly be in danger.

He turned and whistled for one of the other soldiers to join him. "Take my place here at the gate. Help him. I'll be back." Then he ran to the living quarters where he knew Prince Eldarion would just be rising. He banged on the Prince's door until it was answered. "You are needed, Your Majesty. Your son is injured. He is at the Houses of Healing." Eldarion took a moment to speak with his wife, then they both ran from the room, barely acknowledging Thangaraf.

Queen Arwen's door creaked open before the guard could knock. "Is something wrong, Thangaraf? What is the noise about?"

Thangaraf hated to bear more bad news to the queen, but he knew what his duty required. "Your grandson, m'Lady. He is injured. I was told to summon you." Queen Arwen looked stricken. "I will walk to the Houses of Healing with you, m'Lady," Thangaraf offered. "You should not go alone."

Arwen took hold of Thangaraf's arm and walked beside him. She hardly noticed anything around her. Fear had filled her heart. She could not survive another loss. Not little Anneruon. She uttered a silent prayer, both for the boy and for strength for herself to bear what had to be. Thangaraf led her out the door and down the levels to the Houses of Healing. He spoke briefly with a healer, then led her into a room. Anneruon lay on a bed, pale and unmoving, his eyes closed. He looked so much like... like... She could not bear to finish the thought. Arwen sank to the floor in a faint.

Eldarion knelt by his son's side, all his attention riveted on the boy. He watched the small chest rise weakly, then fall again. Each time it rose once more, he rejoiced. He pleaded with Eru and all the Valar to help his son live. The door opened behind him and he heard his mother come in. He turned to her, just in time to see her faint. Thangaraf caught her in strong arms and laid her on a second bed on the other side of the room. When she did not wake right away, Eldarion knew she was emotionally exhausted from the toll of the last week. First Ada's death, now this. She could not handle anything more. Anger rising in him, he turned to Thangaraf. Speaking slowly and keeping his voice under tight control, he asked, "Do... you... know... how... this... happened?"

[Edited on 2005/28/2 by kellidra]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 11:31
Arwyn woke with a start. She picked her head up which had fallen backward, she had fallen asleep in the chair she was sitting in last night. She stood up, and stretched, and was heading down to her room when she saw many people scurrying around the Great Hall, they all seemed to be headed to the House of Healings. "What is this madness?" Arwyn whispered to herself. She decided to head to the House of Healings.

She went to the door, it was guarded by a soldier. Arwyn grabbed for the door, but the soldier blocked her. He was young, he obviously didn't know who she was, she couldn't be Arwen because Arwen was inside the door. "Please let me through." Arwyn said exasperated. "Sorry," The guard replied, "Only family." Arwyn exhaled sharply, "I am family! I am Queen Arwen's neice, Arwyn! Please open the door, I don't know what has happened!" The guard bowed his head, "I am sorry Lady Arwyn," He opened the door, "Please proceed to enter."

Arwyn rushed into the room. She gasped at what she saw. Her hand flew up to her mouth. Anneruon was lying on the bed, Eldarion by his side, Arwen was lying also on a neighbouring bed. Arwyn quickly slid onto the floor next to Eldarion beside Anneruon. She put her arm around him. "My cousin..." was all she could manage. She wondered what to do. "I will be back she said quickly.

Arwyn ran with all her might, as fast as her legs would carry her to the chamber of her family. She entered without knocking. "Ada, come!" She pleaded. Her father looked up from his bed. "What my daughter?" Arwyn looked like she was going to explode. "Please just come!" She said, almost crying. Her father, great-grandfather, and uncle put their clothes on quickly and then followed her to the House of Healings.

(((Hey, do Elladan, Elrohir, and/or Celeborn have healing powers or something? Maybe not powers, but remedies and stuff? Just wonderin' how they can help. Let's make them universal characters? what do you think?)))
kellidra
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 07:37
Thangaraf stood before the prince... the king now, he thought, even though he has not yet taken the crown. "Your majesty, it was an accident. A soldier on the practice field did not see the boy, took a shot. It went wild. Anneruon had run forward without looking to fetch his arrows, and he was struck. The man is distraught. He brought the boy to the Houses of Healing, then ran and told me what had happened. He was sent to fetch you, but I thought it was better if I did so myself."

"Who was it?" Eldarion snapped. Grief and fear had made his patience wear thin. He looked over to see his wife hovering over their boy, who lay so still on the bed.

"It... it was Galma, my liege." Eldarion nodded, then gestured for Thangaraf to leave. The guard bowed slightly and turned to go out. Drawing up his courage, he turned back. "Galma is deeply distraught, my liege. It might comfort him to visit the boy, if he may have your leave."

Eldarion shook his head in anger. "No. He will not come near my son. He has done enough." Thangaraf nodded, then left the room, closing the door behind him.

The new king of Gondor paced the room, unable to quell his fears. He wished the healer would look up from where he worked and tell him that Anneruon would be all right. But the healer just kept at it.

At last, when it seemed hours had passed, the healer stood up and approached Eldarion. "My liege," he said, "I believe the boy will recover. The wound is deep, but the arrow does not seem to have damaged any organs. The muscle is damaged, but I think it will heal if he is kept still and quiet for a time. I have given him some medicine that will keep him asleep for a while.

Relief swept through Eldarion. His son would live. The healer had said so. He embraced his wife and placed a hand on Anneruon's pale forehead. He wondered whether he should waken his mother to tell her the news, but she slept now so peacefully. He would tell her later.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 04:32
OOC: Is it alright if I play Eldarion's wife? If not tell me and I will delete this post. I can't remember if we decided on a name so I've called her Gilwen.

Gilwen held her little boy's hand and she sobbed. How could this happen? She thought to herself quietly. Her mind was filled with all sorts of horrible conclusions. "What if he doesn't survive?!" she cried. Her husband came over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She smiled but she knew that they were both fearing the worst for Anneruon. The Healer stopped examining Anneruon and spoke to Eldarion. Gilwen looked at them trying to make out what they were saying. Eldarion's grave expression changed. He smiled in relief and Gilwen still kept her hold on her son who now lay pale and still. Her husband walked over and flashed her a smile. "He is going to be okay isn't he?" she asked him as he took her into his arms and hugged her, warmly. "Yes of course." he replied and looked at his wife's face. It was deathly plae at the shock and tears still trickled down her cheeks. He raised a hand and wiped them from her beautiful face and hugged her again. They broke apart but Gilwen put her arm around her husband and she huddled close to him. He placed a small kiss upon her forehead and she sighed in relief.
He was going to be alright.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 04:46
Aregwyn looked at Anneruon. He lay still and silent on the bed. She bit her lip as she looked at him and everyone around him. They all had worried and grave expressions on their faces. Aregwyn choked back the tears. Surely if the worst happened to Anneruon, her mother wouldn't be able to take it. Aregwyn stood by the bed where Arwen laid. The shock had been too much for her, and Aregwyn knew how much she loved the little boy. If he was to die then everybody around them would slip into a world of despair. 'First ada, now surely not Anneruon.' she thought as she sniffed. She looked at her mother who was pale and quiet. After she had fainted she had not woken up and Aregwyn was stood beside the bed now. She scanned the room. Eldarion was talking to the Healer who had just examined Anneruon and Gilwen, his wife, was beside the boy clasping his cold hand. Aregwyn looked at her brother hopefully as he went back to his wife. He told her something and hugged her. They both smiled and Aregwyn knew he would be okay. She smiled too now, the worry was over, he was safe. They were interrupted however by a sharp knock at the door. Aregwyn moved to the door and opened it slowly...
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 08:56
OOC: Does someone wanna be whoever it is at the door. I don't have any one in mind so just make them up or it could be one of your existing characters. Could somebody please just be this character even if it's a character who just says something and goes. I don't really mind as long as somebody posts!

PS: Sorry if I seem a bit bossy!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email