Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: Time Warp in Wales-moderately scripted (KEEP)
on: March 01, 2005 06:08
MAEGHIN!!!! YOU'RE HERE! And Ashley is just precious. Oh, my, I am sooooooooooo glad to see you and know all is well with you and the little one. I imagine you must be ...uh....hurting a tad but glad you took time to stop by.

In the story so far, you are only out taking final exams for a week (which could be equivalent to three months here..*giggles*) and then you're going to come and join us. You'll see it all in the main post. BTW, you make a great cuppa tea.

Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS to both you and your husband.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 06:54
Congratulation Maeghin to this lovely daughter. She really is beautiful and the expression on her face seems so open and clear. So aware and interested in her new world.

Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 07:31
aww!! shes adorable!! and thats a lot coming from me, i'm not particularly fond of children, I don't have enough patience to deal with them. but shes just soo cute!!:love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:28
I can only agree to everything that's been said above. She's wonderful!! Congratulations to you!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 11:21
~A_Lasgalen~

Maeghin is allowed to take a break, she just had a baby. But we need you. O'Connor is very much involved right now and I'm sure he must have something to say about all this, doesn't he? Hope you can think of something. *smiles*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 12:19
Did I say she wasn't allowed to take a break?! I was only wanting to congratulate her on her baby....
Well, as I have problems with my computer at the time being, I don't know how often I can post. I'll do what I can, so please keep me involved.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 06:00
Okay kids,

Now is the time to put forth your suggestions as to what happened to Ian. How did he transverse the line between the present and the world of Middle Earth. Is this cave the crosspoint of a ley line, where parallel worlds meet (bearing in mind that this is not a warp between today and a TRUE past, but rather a fantasy past created by Tolkien). Are there other explanations? The fog is rolling in and I think that has something to do with it....but what? Or are you going to leave it to me to decide? Put your two cents in, guys.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 07:01
I'm all for the keys/pararall world idea! Finally figured out where I got the idea in the first place;it was a game me and my friends played when I was little.

Okay, so lets see if I can explain this clearly. Think of worlds as dimensions. These dimensions run along side each other, encased in their own times, with their own races and histories.

Now sometimes, the cosmics shields (or whatever) that seperate the worlds wear thin or break, creating time rifts or portals. "Keys" are people who have the ability to either see other dimensions or even visit them. They have a variety of duties; to fix holes, strengthen shields and to help various times and races in those dimensions.

If we use my idea, I thought that perhaps most of our group slips into this other dimension because of a weakening barrier. With the advent of technology and such, many "Key" families have lost their traditions and knowledge. Ian could perhaps have been from one of these families. His presence could strengthen the transfer to the other world so that a whole group could go through.

Another part of my idea is that Tolkien was a "Seeing Key" - someone who can merely see into other dimensions - and wrote down one history he found.

Okay, I hope that was not too confusing. Let me know.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 11:32
I like that idea! And I really can't think of another one right now.
Oh, and I just didn't get your joke. I guess I just was a little slow...

[Edited on 10/3/2005 by ~A_Lasgalen~]
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 08:58
ye, i think Jaids idea is great! oh, do u guys mind that I brought Kristian in. I just thought that it would give a little more reality to Madlen's life. It would also get in the way of Andy and her getting into a realtionship, which would explain why they deny their feeligns for each other. If you want any information on him, just ask, I've got him all worked out. In fact, he's based on a real person too, just like Madlen.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 06:28
Aneras....don't think anyone minds Kristian...if anyone does, I'm sure they'll say so.

Now...Jaid's thoughts are fine and mesh well with my own. If the breaks occur, it is logical that they would occur on the crosspoints of a ley line. So we'll go with that plan.

I did speak with Jaid about her theory that Tolkien was a "seeing key" and wrote down a history. But wasn't ME just a fantasy tale?? I am agreeable that it could truly have been a history that no one in the distant past had thought to write down. After all, King Arthur's alleged myth was written several centuries later by Cretien de Troyes, Geoffrey of Monmouth and Sir Thomas Malory. Research has begun to prove that there may actually have been an early leader of the Brits who became the mythologically named Arthur. So why not? Why couldn't Tolkien have been a "seeing key" and the first to "see" the history of Middle Earth and thus wrote it down? Therefore it would make it an actual parallel world into which the "Key", Ian could cross over into. And if his ancestry includes former "Keys", he would be powerful enough to pull an entire group of people with him.

Makes all kinds of "mythological" sense to me. (laughing) I say we go with this as an explanation of the how and why. Of course, none of our merry band of travelers is going to know that until the end of our tale, hopefully many months from now.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 12:49
two little notes:

1. There is nothing eerie or weird in the feeling about the cave, there is no premonition of anything about to happen. The warp is unannounced and there is no pre-warning that it is about to occur. So please don't post any "weird feelings" or "strange sensation".

2. Please post in the style I have demonstrated in my last post. Part 1 is today......Part 2 is Middle Earth. The warp should be painless and smooth.

Thanks.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:02
((oooh sorry, it kinda got stuck and then it posted my post twice, so I clear this one))

[Edited on 12/3/2005 by Elebridith]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:04
Yes, I also agree with, that Tolkien could have been the one who was able to slip or look into another dimension and thus learning about Middle Earth and writing about it. That has also been my own private Fantasy.

SOme of you might know the series STARGATE. Its also a portal to other worlds. So in that way the cave could be that portal, that key, that entry. If you want it to be a physical one, it could be hidden like the gate of Moria.. or something.

Bereth, I'm also very sorry, that I was not supposed to have Nick experience any strange feelings. I only wrote this, because the way you wrote about Ian having entered that dimension before was also kinda sudden. I thought the way they would move into the other world was by way of time-slip. I didn't know, you have decided to use a special portal now for entry. So ignore his feelings, he just felt ill or faint cause he hasn't had breakfast, or whatever.

So we just walk through the portal we're in the other world?? I really did like Ian's first way of suddenly slipping into the other world though, without a particular entry, that was very exciting, if I may say so. I thought it was cool, that the time-slip was done on a dimensional level where two diffrent dimensions are throwing waves that overlap and one would never know when one suddenly slips into the other world.

When I first read your post about what happened to Ian, I thought it was meant like that, like they would walk down the road in modern towns one minute and suddenly the other dimension draws us into Middle earth like one by one, a diffuse change.... and then while in Middle Earth dealing with something, we might suddenly be transported back into modern times for no plausible reason, so that it would all be involuntarily.

OH, by the way, does that mean, when I want to have Ronny meet the rest of them, that he somehow must get to that cave? because only inside is the passage way to Middle Earth right? just need to know, so I won't post wrongly again.
thanks.

[Edited on 12/3/2005 by Elebridith]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:37
Bereth',
can you tell me the plot in Middle Earth? I mean, the background story of what is happening there? cause I really hope I didn't write anything you might not agree with. Cause I know your story is all about Ciryácano and his friend Valandil and Ceindra, and Curulindel is a bit of an outsider, I feel. Which is ok, but I need a bit of background to know why Curulindel is ....well, where exactly are they? I hope I was not wrong in thinking that they are somewhere around Mithlond, and that your charrie lives there, is that right? I can alway change that part in my post.

ALso I hope its okey, that I used the same reason for Curulindel to be in Mithlond was to see Ceindra, who he's related to, and her friends.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 08:55
It's 1:45 PM East Coast time in the USA

I would like to request that no one post until you read my next post here in OOC. There are many things I'd like to explain before we go any further so we don't all go off half cocked in a direction I'd rather not see.

El, your questions will be answered at this time as well. Actually, I think Ronny is in a good place but can't explain now as I would be late for work if I took the time.

So if you would all stand by, I'll get online as soon as I get home from work tonight (approx. 9:30 PM EastCoast time)

Thanks
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:35
Okay, first things first. What Ian has wandered into is not a portal-like doorway, a stargate full of blue shimmering stuff. In this cave, two parallel worlds which normally are farther apart are much closer here due to the crossing of the ley lines at this spot. They actually touch one another. Ian is a "Key" who can create a 'slip' between the two worlds. Because of his innate power, having come from a long line of "Keys", he can pull others with him through the 'slip' if they are close enough to him at the time.

Now, the reaction of any others pulled through with Ian would initially be the same as Ian's first reaction (see the beginning of the story). There would be some temporary confusion; i.e. noticing differences in appearance, clothing, scenary, languages and puzzling over them. This would be temporary only as they first slip through but would become normal for each person given time in the new world. The reason for this is because it happens in a wink of the eye. One minute O'Connor, for example, is turning pages in a book, and then, in the blink of an eye, he is unrolling parchments. One can see why there might be some shaking of the head and confusion, right?

Now, El, it was a good thing you did to send Ronnie out to check for clues because he just happens to be standing right above the cave (where the elf first called out to Ciryacano) , which means he's 'close' enough to Ian to be pulled through the slip. Sound reasonable? I would imagine the confusion for him would be worse than for the others, as they at least had a hint that this kind of 'slip' might happen. Poor guy. *laughing* However, once he adjusts, he realizes he's a ranger who has arrived to warn Curulindel (his old friend) of wandering orcs or nazgul or whatever and agrees to return to Imladris with the group.

And as for Nick/Curulindel.....Elrond sent a messenger to the Grey Havens to speak with the Mithlond Eldars, to request that they choose a representative to send to a council being held in Imladris. They sent Curulindel to the Grey Havens, not only because he's a trusted member of the court of Elrond but also because he has kin in Mithlond. It has been a long time since he's seen his Telerin relatives who are visiting from Tol Eressea (sorry, too lazy to add the accent marks) so he welcomes the journey. He is meant to accompany Cir and Valandil back to Imladris.

Madlen chooses to go only because she's never been to Imladris and wants to....typical Madlen, does what she wants. *grins* And Gelmir welcomes the opportunity to go to Imladris in safe company as he has long wanted to browse through Elrond's library for some documents regarding a mystery he wants to explore. (SPECIAL NOTE: this may be what carries the group away from Imladris after the Fellowship of the Ring (the original 9) have left for the south. As we proceed, keep your thinking caps on and think of what this mystery could be that would cause our group to need to search for it. Yes? )

Okay, that's it for now. Go for it, everyone.....re-read the OOC and the thread as necessary to keep on target. Otherwise, have fun. I'm looking forward to this journey. Maybe maeghin will be able to be back online by the time we get to Imladris and will be able to join us there. We'll figure out how she got there when and if she is available.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 08:29
I'd like to give Jaid and ~len~ the opportunity to post before we continue. We have now made the 'slip' into ME and are ready to proceed but I think all of our players should complete the transition before we move forward. So, ladies....please.

I have an idea about what I think Gelmir is looking for but I'd rather give ~len~ the first shot at it as it is her character that is the one searching. ~len~, if you want, and can, hook up with me on whatever IM service you have and we can discuss it. Okay?
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 09:24
Hey, just to let you know, I won't be able to post until tomorrow.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 01:59
I'm going to New Zealand tomorrow until 4th April, so I probably wont be able to post until the 5th. And I have a bug today, so I won't be able to post today either.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 11:24
So, are we taking a break till the 4th of April??? Just to know, then I needn't check every day. Don't want to miss the story continuing. )
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 07:22
No, we are not halting the flow until after April 4th. Madlen will jump in when she returns. Besides, as slowly as this thread is moving, Madlen will be back before she skips a beat. *grins*
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 01:06
Ok, no prob. I will keep on checking the story's developement.

I'm also very busy, so the slowness doesn't bother me at all.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 08:43
Jaid, ~a lasgalen~, are you going to continue with this thread? If not, I have offered you both an 'out' in my latest post. All you have to do is say "no, I cannot travel with you to Imladris at this time" and you will have politely left the thread without leaving everyone wondering what happened to you. Then it will be up to me to decide whether I will even continue. Would appreciate your decision, one way or the other. Thanks.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:53
Nobody seems to answer, why don't we just carry on? It would be a pity to drop it. Maybe you can start a new OOC asking for people to join from here. Like a call in Mithlond for a few needed people to come along...
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 07:57
El, we can go on now. Jaid has responded and Aneras is home from NZ and has also posted. That gives us basically everyone except Gelmir (~A_Lasgalen~) who has not even responded to my PM to her so I have no idea where she is. But I did leave my last post with a "you can catch up with us" feeling....so we are a go.

Cir is leaving for Imladris with Val, Ceindra, Curulindel and Erkenwine. Anyone else who wants to join at this point is welcome...as in: we can meet them along the way or whatever.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:00
do we know when we're gonna slip back into RW?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 06:05
Madlen....at no time soon....it took us long enough to get into ME mode so let's stay there for a little while at least. *grins*
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:23
sure thats fine, i just needed to know if i had to drop a few little hints into the posts that they were slipping back again
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 09:42
were is everyone? its been days since anybody posted and i did last so i cant post again!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 07:20
Oh dear...this is soooo sad. I re-read all the posts in this thread last night just to see how far we've come and to be sure of what we were saying and y'know what I discovered? Back in one of the earliest post, Ciryacáno had been told by his father exactly why he was called to Imladris...that the ring had been found. Our latest posts have us questioning if it had been found.

I think I must have been having a 'senior moment' , which is understandable for me...but you younger minds? Tsk tsk. *laughing hilariously*
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 10:21
oh well, it doesnt matter really. we'll just come up with something to cover it up, like Ciryacano suddenly remembers what his father told him.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 11:41
I'll be gone from tomorrow on for a bit. Only to let everybody know... Have fun. I'll be back soon.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 08:26
what's happend? no one's posted for what seems like ages! wheres Jaid and berethedhellen?
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:35
I haven't a clue where everyone is. I hope LasGalen is alright though. I really hope she's alright. And Bereth', I'm very surprised about her absence, she normally announces it here, at least she seems like the correct kinda person to me, that would inform others. I hope everythings ok with her too.

seems like its you and me, Aneras, did I tell you I had my welsh friend round for a week, 5 days ago? ))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email