Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Time Warp in Wales-moderately scripted (KEEP)
on: July 22, 2005 02:11
Sorry!!! I'M here! I'M HERE!! I was sooo very busy the last week, so sorry. I couldn't get online much. But I'm here and if you haven't already made up your own charries, then I'll go post in a few minutes, but if you have already created your own charries, then I'll just leave it.

But I better tell you right away, the next 4 weeks I'll also be very busy, cause my colleagues on hols and I have to cover and therefore work longer hours. So I might not make it online every day, but every other and I'm definitely around.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 03:08
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAID!!!!!!!!

Good to see you , El. We've wondered where you've been. Sorry work is so pressing....I know how you feel and can empathize. But welcome back...it's been too long.

And good also to see the storyline continuing. Thanks everyone, even if you all think Cir is a nutcase (at least it got things moving again, eh?)

[Edited on 24/7/2005 by berethedhellen]

[Edited on 24/7/2005 by berethedhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 03:26
Hey, guys, I'll be gone until late Tuesday night but sure hope I come home to find some action has taken place. *hint hint*

El, it's good to see you, keep wondering where you've disappeared to when suddenly you pop up. *smiles*

~len....how are you, girl? Haven't heard from you in a while. We miss your posts.

Berethedhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 08:32
I seem to be the only one using this thread but I need to ask what we're going to do. We have not heard from ~a_lasgalen~ for two months (we're hoping you're okay, girl). And El's mom is very ill so we haven't heard from her either (hope your mom is doing well, hon). What this does is leave us without three major characters.

We can (as I have already done in my post tonight) suggested that Curulindel has most likely gone off to visit family and friends and has probably taken Erkenwine with him. We could continue for a while under those circumstances. Also suggested that Gelmir has more than likely wandered off to the library, which would work for a short period of time, but his character is critical at this point. I've PM'd ~len weeks ago but she hasn't even opened it yet, which leads me to believe she has not even been in CoE since last we heard from her.

I would hate to do this without her permission but I don't know what else to do......what would you say to my taking over Gelmir's role until we hear something or, if we don't hear anything from ~len, than take over the role permanently?? It's either that or we have to find a way to continue with the three elves from Mithlond and Thad. Can we do that? I'd rather have Gelmir, the loremaster, with us but we could do it with Talindra, Jaid's new character, who is a female loremaster from Elrond's library. Can you handle carrying both Val and Talindra, Jaid?

That's where we are right now. I could warp Cir back to Wales temporarily with just the three elves from Mithlond to buy time, which we had discussed doing but....

What do you think, guys? Where do we go from here...if anywhere?
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 06:28
I can handle Talindra and Val alright, granny. Perhaps you should handle Gelmir for just a little while; if Len doesn't show up really soon, perhaps we should warp back to the present for a short time or something to buy some time.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 09:21
ye, i agree. by the way, everyone knows that Cirlon is the ME version of Madlen's boyfriend Kristian, right? I might have gotten you confused there. Again. Sorry, lol
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 09:39
Uh, no, Madi, I didn't know Cirlon/Kristian existed. Did you, Jaid? I was sort of thinking the b/f-g/f thing was between Val and Ceindra. How wrong I've obviously been. Oh well. I'm just a little surprised, is all.

Are Ceindra and Cirlon coming on the quest? Or just Ceindra? Or what?
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 02:45
Was that just me? I'm sure I put him in at the beginning. Oh well. No, he won't come along. He's just an obstacle.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 06:59
Okay, where are we? First, who all is here?

Ciryacáno (Ian)
Valandil (Andy)
Gelmir (Professor O'Connor)
Talindra (Aunt Penny)
Curulindel (Nick)
Erkenwine (Ronny)
Ceindra (Madi)
Falmiel (?)
Celuien (Liz)
Thad (?)

We are currently in Rivendell, the Fellowship has only just left on their mission, and Gelmir is researching Elrond's library to find all he can regarding the Blue Wizards on behalf of Cir, who has been having visions about Alatar and Pallando...visions of darkness and evil surrounding them.

Cir fears that one or both of the Istari is in possession of a Palantir and is using it to connect with Saruman...and thus turning to the dark side as a result.

When Gelmir has completed his current research, the group will leave on a quest to the east to track down the two wizards and prove or disprove Cir's visions.

Some of you have been wondering about a 'warp' back to Modern times. I have doubts as to whether there is a valid reason to do so. Cir has visions of his friends in their modern appearances so it is a step in that direction if we find a reason for it. If you all have any ideas whether we should or shouldn't, and why, put them here and we'll consider it.

Think though of one problem. They warped in Wales, they have moved substantially east now but are they as far east to reappear in Oxford or somewhere in between...and if in between, where? What part of the UK would fit a setting similar to Rivendell? The lake district or is that too far north? You'd have to consider that if we were to warp. A lot to think about.

[Edited on 1/11/2005 by berethedhellen]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 07:11
Guess what?

I'm gonna be joining yall, if yall will have me My character will be a female ranger who is a CSI in modern times... I've got to read the thread and work on my char's profile; so hopefully you'll see a post from me soon!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 03:03
Dittos for me jumping in! :hug: bereth!

As soon as I've got my char set up (a female elf/human woman - working on who/what ) I'll get my first post in.

[Edited on 1/11/2005 by gwendeth]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 07:47
I see, we have more than one new player... in fact its three! )

Whoever plays Falmiel, could she introduce her charrie here in short? like the modern human version and the elf? just so we know who's who.

For the new players, little info on my charries:

Nick's the Imladris Elf Curulindel, in Middle earth he is born and bred in Imladris. In modern times he's a free-lanced sword-maker as well as daggers, knives etc. Mainly for medieval markets and private medieval re-enactors. He lives in a small cottage in Wales.
http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/Nick-Curulindel.jpg
http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/Nick-Elf.jpg
http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/Nick-Elf2.jpg

Ronny is Erkenwine the Ranger from NOrth-Ithilien, who stays a lot in Imladris on his travells around the country and thus made friends with Curulindel. Ronny is in the modern world a private investigator/under cover agent, born in London but met Nick when he studied art in London )
http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/Ronny-Ranger.jpg
http://www.tuggerine-cats.de/images/Ronny-Erkenwine.jpg

About the Warping Bereth',
its such fun to warp. I was not thinking of a long warp but something like momentary, like I could have Curulindel suddenly get lost into the modern world and Thad might find him gone, but then he'll be back in the next post. Or with Erkenwine.

I know you already do your own kinda little thought-warp for us, but I would so much like to do it myself! its such fun to warp to and fro. Even if just for a few minutes. Pleeeeaaasee!!!

[Edited on 1/11/2005 by Elebridith]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 08:18
Thanks a bunch, Elebridith, for the links!

Well... my first post is up, and I included the link to my char - Naruiel. Hope it's okay!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 09:03
El,

All the new entries have their chars in the data base so you can refer to them there. I know it's not your birthday but I thought we'd give you a b'day present anyway.....two lovely ladies to flirt with your two chars. *grins* Whether you want to have Curu or Erk be smitten by either of them is up to you.

As for the warping, Ian is the catalyst. He warps and takes everyone with him. I have not shared with anyone the reason for this yet tho' in time.............. So none of the other chars can 'warp' unless he does. But I gather you're interested in a 'warp' taking place, right? Okay, give me a reason and I'll consider it.

I offer that to all our players...if you think a 'warp' would be fun, or even make sense, give me a reason why it should take place at this time and in this place. Things are just beginning to settle in to place for our quest and we have new members. Perhaps a warp to see who they are in the real world might be interesting...or it could just confuse the situation, too?

And as I said, look at your modern day maps of the UK before hand.....we'd have to know where we'd appear. And give me a good reason. I'll consider it.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 10:36
OOh gosh! is the story turning into a romance? oh please not, we had such a lovely story to follow. Well, Curulindel isn't the kind to fall in love. At least not very easily or soon, he's a very thoughtfull and deep elf/guy. But Erkenwine is known to like females, ranger or elves and flirting. ) still, are we all having a little interlude of love now or what is this!! *grins* sorry if I spoil you lover's fun *sniff* but I love adventure...more.. *blinks*

I'm aware I'm the minority here but there you go

Ah yes, I forgot, Cir is the catalyst, so we can't do any warping unless you decide to go for one. Well, I didn't think about a long warp, just maybe for an hour in their time (like one or two posts in our time). And the reason?? you want a reason? Well, your charrie gave us reasons, he's been half passing out several times, and each time it could have led to a little warp. I know it kinda interrupts the story a little, but thats the point of warping, isn't it? that just when we think we're on to something, we're thrown back into the modern time, really upset about it too.

Well, we could pretend that Gelmir finds an important book and as he opens it to check the details that might tell us something about the istari, Cir could faint...or appear to faint, but really is warping and the rest of us follows. We have ventured so far south of wales that we...well that we are in Stonehenge or Glastonbury in Somerset. Each of those are powerful sites from the past and it could be equal in position to Imladris in ME. And because Imladris is at the same position as Glastonbury (or Stonehenge) the warping-pull is stronger. Glastonbury is a hill by the way. it could work.

Also, not all of us need to have a modern version. Thad could only be living in ME, and maybe anyone else from the new people who wants that, or any of the second charries some of you made up while we were in Imladris.

ah well, thats just ideas. It might trigger other ideas from you Bereth', nevertheless, I'm not upset neither if we DON'T warp, I just thought it would be fun if we warp a few times in between our ME story, even though I do prefer being in ME.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 11:39
Falmiel is in the db, but I'll give you the link - she does not have a modern day counterpart, yet.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=5384
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 12:16
I posted a link to Freond's profile in the actual thread, and I've made my first post
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 11:44
RE: latest warp:::::::Suggestions as to where all of you can be located.

Ian, Prof. O'Connor, Andy, Aunt Penny and Madi are in the library at Chatsworth House in Derbyshire (as close as I could find to the environments and distance from Mithlond of Rivendell). It should be noted that the library at Chatsworth is vast and extensive, full of rare manuscripts and books.

??? (Naruiel) could be having tea with the Duchess of Devonshire, discussing an upcoming event being held at Chatsworth and ??'s musical contribution to the affair.

Nick is can be exploring the weaponry and armament gallery at Chatsworth, while his friends explore the library, being more interested in that than researching old papers and books.

Ronnie and ??? (Freond), a crime scene investigator, can have come together to invesitgate a crime scene between Chatsworth and Chestefield and can run into us at the hospital in Chesterfield.

???(Falmiel) is can be working as a resident at the hospital in Chesterfield.

I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out where you all are.

[Edited on 7/11/2005 by berethedhellen]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 11:22
Okay - I know I'm coming in to this RPG 'late' - but my understanding (and I *have* read the whole thing) is that Ian is the 'catalyst' for the Warping - and he is the only one who 'feels' anything differently.

bereth, would you please clarify this for me?

Also, Elebridith - a point of courtesy. Since I have not posted again for her, Naruiel has NOT left the Smithy.

She is still waiting for an answer to her direct question to Curu about whether or not he has time to fix her sword. Please don't move my chars around without asking.

If you would, would you please make the necessary edits in regards to her in your post? Thanks!
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 12:52
Gwendeth,

we have been rping warping in a way, that our charries are moved from dimension to dimension, so Curulindel warped into the modern times again, as the rest of the group. Thats why he didn't answer and if you read my post, you will see that Curulindel is Nick in the modern world, a little befuddled over the time-slip again. There aren't TWO charries of them, Nick and Curulindel are ONE person

Bereth, correct me where I'm wrong. But thats how we warped the first time as well up in Anglesey. Ian is the catalyst but we are all affected by the warp the first time as well, we all felt weird and were befuddled of what happened when we arrived.

I always looked at it i this way: while in modern World, Nick forgot his experiences in the other dimension of Middle Earth. When he warps back to Middle Earth, he is a bit muddled but then forgets again that where he's just come from.

At least, I always looked at warping as something like a time-slip, it happens to you personally, or maybe a worm-hole. There's only one person appearing and dissappearing...

So if Naruiel has no modern version, she could just have looked aside and the next time she looked at Curulindel, he was gone. She might think he left the smithery round the back or something.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 12:56
Um. Naruiel has got a modern version - Sarah, if you read my post for her.

Again, I would appreciate your not 'assuming' what/where my characters are or are not. I haven't posted for Naruiel to move her anywhere, so she is still in the Smithy, and still waiting for an answer to her question.

And thanks, I already spoke to bereth in regards to the Warping.

[Edited on 10/11/2005 by gwendeth]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 08:39
I've been reading the posts and would like to see if I can straighten things out.

Technically....I repeat. technically...Ian is really the only one who warps. Each of the other characters have counterparts in both worlds. Did they descend from the earlier counterpart? Does anyone descend from an elf? (Oh wouldn't that be heavenly?) Is there even any connection at all? Is it all in Ian's mind? In the past posts, we have all played the transition as we felt most comfortable. I suggest you all go on doing the same thing. If you've 'felt' some part of the transporting, go on feeling it. If you've never felt it, don't worry about it...just play your two chars as two separate entities. I don't wish to push it either way.

As for the current chars, we have three new players who are playing catch-up in some ways and are also perfectly okay as new introductees. Naruiel/Sarah, Falmiel/Fiona, Freond/Robin will continue on the journey with us from here on. I expect all of us to behave compatibly with each other and not forget the guidelines we set up for ourselves from day one.

That means we read all posts...we respond to any questions/comments/remarks/events in all previous posts....we do not speak for or manipulate anyone else's char (unless given specific permission by the owner of that char to do so)....we do not go off on individual tangents of our own without checking with me first.

I'm happy with the direction we are taking. I'm also happy to see new blood added to this thread. But it will only work if WE all work together. Which brings up a point.

El, I'm confused by your last two posts as Curulindel. You were speaking to Naruiel in the first of the two and then somehow you seem to have moved her away in your second post. But I don't see anywhere where Gwen posted that Naruiel had moved anywhere....seemed like she was waiting for you to speak. Could you check those and correct whatever needs correcting. I think you missed something somewhere. Probably not difficult to do, given so many new people and so much more activity floating around. But it would help if you could perhaps edit that last bit...and put Naruiel back into a place where you can answer her before Ian warps. Thanks much.

Otherwise, onward into the east>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 10:27
Bereth'
I'm totally confused now. In the beginning we didn't talk about Ian being the only one warping, if you remember our posts in the beginning. We only took Ian as the initiatior and since we were all around him at the time, we also warped. I thought from the beginning when we started, that it might be like a worm-hole trip, a time-slip, which means, MY CHARRIE has NO counterpart but is actually slipping from one time to the other. But when he is in the dimension of ME he becomes the elf. This is how I understood it all the time. thats the point of them getting dizzy or feeling weird. thats how we started off, I don't understand why now its all diffrent? Recently you have been stating all the time that only Ian warps... thats boring, cause the warping between times is exactly what is fun...if, of course, its only one person slipping into two lives.

I wasn't planing on rping Nick (or Ronny) in two positions!! From the beginning of this story I say Ronny/Erkenwine and Nick/Curulindel as the one person each. To me, it was just another dimension. I find it hard to concentrate on two lifes for one person all of a sudden....

No wonder your confused about my last post! But I rped the same way as in the beginning! exactly the same! my charries are time-slipping, worm-holing...dissappearing from one world to the other. If you really suddenly want me to split them into two..then I guess I wouldn't have wanted all that warp stuff... Its only fun if Nick or Ronny is one person slipping from one dimension to another...not being two diffrent guys.

Why's that suddenly diffrent? *totally confused now*

If I may express this: I really don't like the idea that they live two lives at the same time.... I don't see the point in it...where's the fun in that? where's the connection then between the two worlds? only Andy is ONE person? only he is really slipping from one dimension into another??? I am sure it was all diffrent in the beginning. At least, I understood it diffrently.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 03:41
El....

Effectively, we all have two characters, one in each world....and have had since the beginning. What I mean by that is that Nick is NOT Nick in ME, he's a different person, he's Curulindel. He shares the same attributes, in personality and in careers, but one is NOT the other. Ian, for example, is no longer a student at Oxford in ME, he's Ciryácano. The same type of personality, the same humor, the same gentleness as Ian, but different. Things have not changed in the least since the beginning. When Ian warps, he meets the counterparts in each world, and he himself becomes his own counterpart.

I frankly can't see where anything has changed, except we have some new people in the thread who, by the way, have their own counterparts as well. In effect, each character (regardless of which world he/she is in) is the same type of person, the perfect counterpart of the other. None of that has changed in any way that I know of.

And, as I said, the slip, or worm-hole, or warp...whatever you want to call it...affects each person differently. Some feel it more than others. Ian really doesn't 'feel' anything other than confusion for a few moments...and some small trails if you will of the after affects (momentary memories, for example). So I fail to see what your problem is. Nothing has changed since the beginning.

But I have a problem. I mentioned a flaw in your posts ... one where Naruiel has been moved or disappeared, however you want to put it, not by the char's owner but by you...and asked you to correct it. You seem to have overlooked that part of my post in favor of discussing non-existent changes. I would appreciate your reading the last paragraph of my previous post about this issue. I know how you have reacted in the past when someone manipulates your characters, even just putting a smile on one of your chars faces. I got the devil about that from you, your saying your char would not have smiled. Okay, Naruiel did not move. You moved her. I'm asking you to correct that and respond to this particular char as you would to any character.

[Edited on 14/11/2005 by berethedhellen]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 07:46
Well you see Bereth',

for me ONE is exactly the other, cause otherwise, I only rp two separate rp-stories and then whats the point of it? then its like I rp the Imladris RP with someone else and the modern version with someones else.

Like Gwendeth is now expecting me to carry on rping Curulindel in Imladris, if I do this, and at the same time post for Nick in modern time, then there's no connection for me between the two. Cause the one doesn't know about the other. Right?

We did not start this way of rping.

The fun of it was to concentrate on ONE person, who's slipping from dimension to dimension. Otherwise for me its nothing but two straight but unrelated Rp-stories.

I really would like to concentrate on Nick only when he's in modern time, or then when he returns to Imladris. I don't want to rp him in Imladris AND also in modern times.... I'll only concentrate on where the main story is going on, if thats ok with you.

I just cannot see the point...

about Naruiel:
The reason I pretended that Naruiel was gone was, cause I obviously see this whole warping thing diffrently from you. I saw the two existances of our charrie as ONE souls really. Meaning, that if Naruiel is walking off in modern times, her second part in Imladris would also have been walking away, so I only reacted on that. The same goes for the way I play Nick and Ronny.

Have you ever read Daphne du Maurier's book "the house on the strand?" I guess, thats similar to how I am looking on warping.

But never mind..never mind... so they don't really warp. We just rp them either in modern times or in Imladris times, but I don't really want to rp both worlds carrying on seperately non-connectedly, if thats ok....
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 08:29
First... I have created Sarah's profile - it can be seen, here:

http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=5454

Secondly...
about Naruiel:
The reason I pretended that Naruiel was gone was, cause I obviously see this whole warping thing diffrently from you. I saw the two existances of our charrie as ONE souls really. Meaning, that if Naruiel is walking off in modern times, her second part in Imladris would also have been walking away, so I only reacted on that.

I don't mean to be rude - but I believe you are missing the point, Elebridith. No matter what Sarah may or may not be 'doing': unless I have posted that Naruiel has moved - [/i]she has not moved.[/i]

I saw you edited something - but it wasn't in regards to Naruiel. I ask you once again, to please fix this in your post.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:18
Gwendeth,

not wanting to be rude?? You really do have a 'de-light-ful' way of expressing yourself! I don't think I deserve that. There's no need to talk to me like a small kid, that doesn't know what its talking about. I think you could explain your case in a nicer way.

As I just explained, I thought if our other selves in the modern times are moving away from one another, then I would have to include that in my imladris-post! Just trying to do things properly!!

After all, Bereth' has also measured the way of movement, when we warped to Middle Earth we appeared at Mithlond (modern time: Anglesey) and then travelled to Imladris. So now that we warped back to modern times, we were, of course, not in Anglesey anymore but have moved south which Bereth' told us would be Chesterfield.

In the same way I also took it for granted that if two people stood together when they warped they would also stand together in modern times. Obviously not! as I can see now.

And what exactly do you mean, when you say FIXING! I've already said, that I wasn't planing on rping two stories....
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:24
El and Gwen

I do not see either counterpart appearing in the 'wrong' world, either. Each char belongs in his/her own world. You are correct in this, El...no difference of opinion here.

Let me see if I can clear this up:

On 11/2 (your post) you said the following:::::
He glanced at the sword she held in her hands and took it up to examine it. "it is a nice sword, made by a good Hatholdan you must have fought heavily with it." he took a closer look at the notches. "Orc blades?" he said looking at her.

On 11/3(Gwen's post) she said the following::::
I eneth nín, Naruiel.* Darthathon vi Imladris al lû thent.** Gerich i lû a thass hen?***" the elleth added.
* My name is Nauriel
** I will stay in Imladris for a short time
*** Have you the time for this task?
(the key question being "Have you the time for this task?")

On 11/9(your post) you said the following::::
For a moment he had forgotten that they had a visitor, the elf Naruiel. As he stretched his neck he noticed her walking toward one of the buildings. Her sword lay on a workbench.

I have read closely all the threads between 11/3 and 11/9...nowhere is there any indication that Gwen's character had moved. You had asked, "orc blades", she had asked "have you time for the task" and as far as I can see, she is still waiting in ME in front of Curulindel for his answer. Now if you wished to leave the answer until such time as everyone warps back to ME, that would have been fine. I think the problem is that that you did not answer her question but worse, you moved her char unwillingly.

The solution is to edit your 11/9 post to either answer her question (removing the part that has her char moving without her doing so) or warping before that question is ever answered (once again, removing any script that her char has moved). It's that simple...and will resolve the confusion entirely.

I think that should do it, yes? Would both of you be satisfied with this solution? I know I would so we can get this problem solved and move on....most of the storyline is way beyond this now but it could be a problem when we warp back, depending on how far ahead the storyline has moved there as well.

Thanks to both of you for your cooperation in this error and misunderstanding.

Bereth
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:41
Well, I don't think I 'moved' her charrie, Bereth'. I just explained as I thought things were. Gwendeth wrote that her charrie in the modern world was suddenly somewhere else, not anywhere near Nick though we're supposed to be in the same ...'house' right? So I thought I had to make a note in my Imladris post of 'Having to see her walk off' so it would fit in with the modern version.

Can you see now, that I didn't really 'move' her? but that I only followed on what she wrote, trying to make this fit again??

geez! Gwendeth and I obviously see the warping and its effects diffrently. So instead of accusing me so badly as if I have actually commited a crime, has my explanation made it a little clearer now that this might all just be a misunderstanding?

Bereth' you should know me, you know how strongly I feel myself about anyone moving my own charrie around! and therefore I wouldn't TOUCH another charrie and move it!! Not willingly!

I rest my case!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:42
Either of those options would be fine with me - thank you muchly, bereth! :hug:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 05:36
To save everyone from confusion, here's a little help.

Time passes simultaneously in both worlds. Time in one world does not freeze but runs along with the other world.

So, if the warp took place from Middle Earth to today's world in the morning, and then warps back from today's world at nightfall, it will be nightfall in Middle Earth as well.

Thus, where we are now is in the Hall of Fire, eating our early dinner just where we left off in Chatsworth, eating our English high tea. Whatever we were doing in ME during the day is over, we have cleaned up our tasks and met for a meal. We are no longer where we were when we left ME this morning.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you're still confused though I think this is pretty clear.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 08:25
To all players:

If you wish to continue as a member of this thread, I have some requests to make which I'd like all of you to read.

1. Please post a minimum of one post per week, preferably two a week when the plot has become particularly active.

2. Carefully read the posts that precede yours and respond to those posts (i.e. questions asked, comments made, directions/locations given, etc.). Please make your posts at least two or three paragraphs long and try to include something conversationally interactive with the other players so they have something to respond to in turn.

3. If you feel you cannot do either of the above, please find a way to gracefully exit your character(s) from the thread (i.e. send them home or on a mission, have them sicken or be slain, etc.) However you wish to do it, remove them from the core group.

We have been having problems due to the above three steps not being done. For one thing, other players cannot continue when their fellow players do not post for long periods of time. The thread basically comes to a screeching halt. Further, it also makes it difficult for other players when you do not read carefully the preceding post as to what has been said or where the characters are currently located and thus respond in confusing ways without following the conversations or place the characters in places where they are not. Worse is a short post that is not conversational and interactive with the other players and does not offer an opening for other players to interact in return.

If anyone has a problem with this, PM me, but I have to tell you now, I will not be sympathetic. I like threads that move along smoothly and regularly and where the players are playing with each other and not by themselves, ignoring the other players (and their posts) entirely.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 09:37
I guess I am one of those people your talking about. Cause I haven't posted for a while. I'm sorry about that. I was never that busy before, I was not really getting online for nearly a week.

I always try and read all posts as clearly as I can. But when there's a lot of them, and very long, it's sometimes not easy to remember everything I read, but I try to respond to everyone.

I don't like rping by myself, so I really do want to rp with people if anyone is interested in my charries.

I can do all you ask for, but I cannot promise you to post 2x a week. I should be able to post once a week, but nobody can foresee if things get really busy all of a sudden.

So maybe you better let me know, if you want me to still continue or if you think it better for me to leave. And...no need to be sympathetic with me, just tell me straight out.
CoNFuSeD_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2006 11:09
hey, alatar is in, hope his intro is a bit good.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 09:11
Okay, well, lol, I *finally* got the 'intro' posted for Thiadvain... hope it's all right!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email