Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and the Crown *free!*
on: March 19, 2005 10:28
Gwenneth stretched and smiled. Her captain had kissed her on the forehead and woken her, and then kissed her lips before leaving her. She watched him head to the door, and then slipped from under the covers. There was a knock at the door, and when she answered, one of the maids came in to ask what garments she wanted to wear that day. She asked her to retrieve a pair of leggings and a tunic for her, as she would be riding that day. The maid did as she asked, and while she was gone, Gwenneth washed her face and rinsed her mouth out. She got dressed and headed for the study, she wanted to finish the piles of paperwork before she rode out to the border with Captain Glyndr.
She told one of the maids to come fetch her just before noon, and set to work finishing the sorting of paperwork. It was much easier to do with daylight streaming in the window, and so without much effort, she was done in less than an hour.She then went to the Prince's bedroom, and encountered the maids carrying a tray of food there. She instructed them to fetch a second tray, as she was sure that the future Queen was also inside, and after listening at the door and hearing no sounds indicative of physical activity, she softly knocked on the door.
Someone within yelled "Come," and she entered the room, and smirked to see she was right. Both of them lay in the midst of the bed silks and velvets and both looked like they had woken not too long before.
"Good morning, my Lord Prince, my Lady Princess." She carried the tray over to Eldarion's side of the bed and carefully set it before him whe he had sat up. The silk sheet had slipped down to his waist, and she turned from his well-muscled chest as quickly as she could without being too terribly obvious that the sight had affected her. The maid arrived with Ceinwyn's tray, and Gwenneth took it, and ministered to Ceinwyn as well, tucking the sheet around her Lady carefully that too much flesh was not revealed.
She stepped away and smiled, and then said, "My Lord Prince I sorted through much of your paperwork in your study, and I am going to take the rest of this down there now," indicating the piles of parchments that still needed to be sorted and dealt with. "When I have finished, I will bring you the documents requiring your personal attention and signature." She began to gather them up, and then paused, "And, my Lord Prince, i was wondering if it would be alright with you if I went scouting with the captain of the Kellquenti guard and about ten of his men today at noon. We shan't be gone long, and once we know whether the enemy has begun moving or not, we will have a clearer picture to present to you, or rather, the Captain will. I only ask for leave to accompany them as a scout because Captain Glyndr specifically asked my assistance, but if you would wish me to remain behind, or if my Lady wishes me to attend to some need of hers, that would be fine with me. I do realize that scouting is not one of my regular duties." She paused at the doorway with the armload of papers. "I will be in your study, if you should need me for anything, or if you should want to discuss the scouting assignment. By your leave, my Lord, my Lady." With that, she slipped through the doorway, and stopped only long enough to instruct a maid to bring the Princess's garb to Prince Eldarion's room and then they were not to be disturbed unless they called for someone.
She got down to the study and began to finish sorting through the papers. She seated herself in the Prince's big leather chair and was soon so engrossed she didn't even hear one of the maids bring in a bowl of fruit and some tea for her.

[Edited on 19/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 09:23
The Prince didn't have the pragmatic sense of mind to answer her request just yet as his attention wained, drifting back to the blissful lull of slumber and the warm scent of Ceinwyn at his side. The Jewel slid easily from his languid grasp, donning the creamy green gown Gwenneth had ordered the maid bring in only moments before. Buttoning the holes at the front as they stopped just under her chest, the boned bodice served to frame the delicate litheness of her figure, a veil of lighter green woven within the braid of her honey gold hair." We can't idle for ever" she noted wistfully, throwing Eldarion's dark blue tunic sharply over her shoulder to where he sat slumped, idle upon the crumpled sheets. Tugging it on with an inaudible curse he sighed, ruffling the dark waves of his hair into a tamed mop of dark brown. " Oh we could - if it really became us" he retorted, voice a wolfish whisper as his hands circled her waist. " Does the thought not intruige you? Yes - I think it does" he teased, kissing the tip of her nose as a ripple of desire flashed through her eyes. " But as always, you are right. Royal duties must be as they please" he sobered reluctantly, buckling the cloak of darkest blue at his shoulder and smoothing his hands down the velvet sheen of his tunic." I can almost hear the paperwork calling to me...or rather shrieking. All those petitions and border trifles" he groaned dourly before straightening and becoming at once the respected and awed Prince of legend. " Still, it has to be done for the principle of justice. My people must see that I care - our people. Come my sweet" he held his arm out as she linked her own through it, thier steps measured as the doors were swung open on Eldarion's command and the pair strode in quiet conversation towards the Prince's study. There they found Gwenneth, bent low over stacks of scrawled parchment, ordering them into three neat piles. " I thought you had a scouting to be about?" Eldarion frowned curiously " with that...Lord Glyndr" his mouth twitched into a strained smile. " I have be neglecting these papers of late...how they grow. Well you've done a good job anyhow..I daresay I'll not match it" he admitted quietly, eyes lingering on the stacks of paper until Ceinwyn, excusing herself, strode out towards the courtyard where her retinue of three maids were already waiting. " We're going into town" she announced with a decisive grin, infused with a renewed sense of duty to this new people whom fate had destined to become her own. " On our own? But miss - the guards. Surely we need protecting from all those..those common folk" one warbled nervously as Ceinwyn's brow arched. " Do not judge Eliza what you do not know. Besides I've been staring at these markets for so long from a window I would like to see it for myself. We are going to town Eliza. And with no guards" she smiled with an assured warmth, softening the will of iron which resonated beneath.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 10:29
She had heard them coming down the hallway, even before she heard Eldarion's voice approaching. When he entered the room with Ceinwyn, he seemed surprised to see her sitting there. She shook her head in response to his question. "I told my Lord Prince, if I was required here, I would send a message to the Captain expressing regret and remain behind to take care of whatever service might be required of me. Besides, I still havea half-hour." She paused for a moment to instruct the new girl Hannah on filling the inkwell on the Prince's desk, and then turned her attention back to the paperwork.Okay, my Lord Prince, are you ready? This pile over here, pointing to the fourth one, set well away from the others. "Don't worry about this one. This is all the mundane stuff, ordering tablecloths , draperires, that kind of thing. I will take care of that personally when I get back. These, however, are things you need to worry about." She pointed at the first stack. "This is correspondence that needs answers immediately, by the way, send a letter to your mother, she is very worried about you." She smiled for a moment, and then went on," This second pile is requests and petitions, and this third pile all requires merely a signature with no further response." She stood up, nearly brushing against the Prince as she moved to the side. "I will be back in a couple of hours. If there is anything you don't understand, or more comes in, set it aside and I will take care of it my Lord." She sketched a brief bow, clutching her fist to her chest, and then she went to turn. "And thank you , my Lord. For trusting me. I know you do not like Lord Glyndr." She hurried out to the stable, and had Windseeker saddled and ready to go while she went in search of her Captain. She found him, and he said, "Ahh, Gwenneth. I was afraid you had drowned in paperwork. " She smiled and said,"No, but I should have. Ever since the Prince started endeavoring to win her over into his bed, and since he succeeded, he has not done a stitch of paperwork. I got it all straightened out though, and he is working on what he needs to while I am gone. So this is just a brief respite." She smiled up at Lord Glyndr, and he slipped a gloved hand lightly down her cheek and smiled.
They rode out, a dozen horses and riders, ten of Glyndr's best men, and himself and gwenneth. One of the men kept looking at her but she tried to ignore him. She rode out a little ahead of everyone, and then held her hand up. Glyndr called a halt to this company, and waited to see what she said. "I can tell you right now, they are three days away, my Lord. I can scent them on the wind, and hear the squeaks and growls. Look there. She pointed at a dark spot far off in the distance. "That's them, my lord. Three days, that's what we have got. Three days before they start forming on our border."
Glyndr raised his hand to signal for the men to spread out and look for evidence of scouts, and Gwenneth grabbed his hand. "What happened to your wrist?" She smiled."Kellyn did it. He got me with my own move." He smiled reassuringly at her, and she raised an eyebrow, and then laughed and shook her head.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 11:25
"Damn stupid of me", Glyndr shook his head and stared at his wrist as he flexed it," And it shall teach me not to be so damn sure of myself aswell in future." The captain frowned as he looked into the distance, The Enemy was coming.
Glyndr chewed at the knuckle of his forefinger, deep in thought he remembered vividly the omen the lightning's warning still bright in his mind.he said nothing, for the moment.
The section had split into small groups to scout the area then to regroup in a half hour , it would be all the time they needed to be sure.of the enemy's presence.
"Come with me", Glyndr ordered two of the soldiers,"you too Gwenneth,I want to check the forest edge beyond the stream,it was an enemy stronghold in the dark days before,they may try to use it again",The Kellquenti captain urged Sylstar forward, the stallion again tryng Glyndr, snorting and prancing sideways,Glyndr won.
They reached the edge of the forboding, dark forest of dark green yew trees, No light entered there , no birdsong from the branches, the forest seemed dead.
"Be watchful" he ordered, "I feel the enemy may be nearer than we thought, The evil has become too quiet of late, it is not a good sign" Glyndr leant closer to Gwenneth, "It waits," he whispered, " Felyon and I have seen the omen, disaster shall strike the city soon", ice blue eyes searched her emerald, "I tell you because you must know, say nothing to anyone, we do not need a mass panic in the streets",
The captain stared deep into the forest , "It lurks close, can you feel the coldness? Glyndr shuddered, "come we must return to the city I have seen enough for my report"
he turned the stallion's head towards the awaiting Kellquenti guard who were now regrouping, Glyndr would take their findings and reports when they had returned to the barracks.
He did not want to stay in that place any longer,
"I thank you Flower" he smiled his familiar smile, "I think that you should enlist in my elite, immaculate Kellquenti guard, I could make great use of you!", the smile became a grin ,"in more ways than one! " he said under his breath.
The coming days would test them all.

[Edited on 20/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 12:20
Gwenneth smiled, and said,"But my Lord, i am not Kellquenti," and she laughed,"besides, catching the remark under his breath, "I do believe you already make use of me as you please often enough."
They gathered togather and spurred their horses home, Windseeker frustrated because his mistress would not give him his full head.. She could feel him fighting her restaint, and so finally she dropped the reins and let him go.
She raced ahead of the others, and then pulled up just before the gate, and Windseeker began to prance and sidestep, wanting to be turned loose again. As the Guard rode up, she saw Sylstar given Glyndr a time. She laughed,"Aww, Sylstar a little jealous?" She turned Windseeker back toward the stables, and they headed in.
She slid from Windseeker's back, and felt hot breath on her neck as soon as she touched ground. "Meet me in my room in two hours, love, I have need for you."Glyndr whispered huskily in her ear. She giggled and then sighed as his tongue softly caressed the edge of her ear before he turned and headed to the barracks.
"Damn elf," she muttered softly . She turned to head into the castle and ran into Elboron. His face told her he already knew she had chosen, and the victor was not him.
"I am sorry." Her eyes reflected her words and he sighed. "I will never understand it, Gwenneth, how you can love a creature that wants to pain you, but I gave up my chance when I let you walk away from me. I will always love you, and we will always be friends." He opened his arms, and she fell into them, hugging him as tightly as he held her.
He released her after several minutes, and said, I am going out riding, I will see you soon." Gwenneth smiled and nodded, and walked back to the castle.
She found yet another stack of papers waiting to be sorted, and Eldarion muttering to himself. With a soft, barely audible sigh, she began sorting out the new parchments.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 02:15
Glyndr reluctantly left Gwenneth to return to the barracks and report writing. It was not his idea of fun.
He spoke to the Guard who had ridden with him , noting their observations, Both theirs ,and his own agreed with Gwenneth's, the enemy was very near.
Glyndr dismissed them then began to walk back across the square to his office, he stopped halfway.
The captain had seen Elboron making his way to the stables, the Elf watched with a cold stare, then turned to follow him .
"What's the matter mortal?"Glyndr stood behind Elboron,The Elf leant against the wall, his arms folded as he watched the Prince with an unblinking stare,"Can't take defeat? running away because you lost in love?"The Kellquenti smiled an evil ghost of a smile as he stepped forward threateningly, "Dont try to win her back", he said icily, "she has made her choice, the right one",
Glyndr turned and left "Don't try mortal" he warned as he swept out of the door.
The Kellquenti captain sat at his desk,trying to write the report. Eldarion would want it before the end of the day, He could not concentrate,His mind on omens, enemies and an Elleth.
He chewed on the feather of his quillpen and threw yet another screwed piece of parchment to bounce off the wall onto the floor.
He forced himself to write the report, only blotting it once this time, he dried the ink ,then folded the parchment carefully.
Glyndr returned to the castle, then took the report to one of Eldarion's personal guard "Make sure the Prince gets this",
he said to the guard, Glyndr wanted to avoid seeing Eldarion for as long as he could.
"I shall take it to his study immediately.Lord Glyndr", the guard eyed Glyndr murderously, he had been one of the Guard that Glyndr had floored a while ago,
Glyndr just smiled nervously as he turned, and almost ran across the hall , he leapt the stairs to his room.
The captain kicked the door closed behind him, throwing his sword and tunic across the room as he went to throw himself in a chair at the fireside, He put his feeet up on the low table, disregarding the fact he still wore his boots, then settled back to wait for Gwenneth, He hoped she would get the paperwork or whatever tasks she had ,done quickly.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 05:35
There was silence in the room with the exception of Eldarion's muttering and an occasional uncouth expletive. Gwenneth covered her mouth and suppressed a giggle. The funny thing aqbout it was that Eldarion didn't even know those words were coming out. He did it often, cursing at the stupidity of people as he read. She shook her head and went back to reading again.
Finally, she had all of the new papers sorted. The majority of these were requests and invitations to various happenings around the realms, and as such needed only a quick response. She made a fifth stack of these and then put the rest in their piles. Eldarion sat back and let her add to the piles and muttered about things getting so far behind. "My Lord Prince, I was going to go have some lunch, but if you would prefer me to stay and do something else with these things..." Eldarion shook his head and said, "No, go, go" and waved her away. She picked up the stack of invitations and requests and took those with her, along with the personal correspondence, and dropped them off on the desk in Eldarion's room.
She was sick of the way he was treating her suddenl;y. He had never treated her this much like a servant, ever. Now , it seemed that suddenly since he was bedding his future Queen, now he had no time to show concern for his friend. Or maybe we are simply no longer friends, she thought. Well, then so be it.
She left his quarters, and went into her room, took a bath, and changed into a silver and black gown. She went down the hall, and opened the door to Glyndr's room.
She could see his feet on the table, and she snuck up behind his chair. She was almost there when he said, "Gwenneth, if you want to sneak up on me, I would advise you not to bathe in your rose-scented bath water before coming to see me."
"Damn you!" she said, as he laughed and sttod up. He pulled her into his arms and said," I meant what I said earlier. You should join my Guard, as a scout." He kissed her. "Then no one would be able to complain about the amount of time we spend together."
She playfully pushed him away and said," There are two problems with that, meleth nin. first of all, the men would never accept an untrained woman as a part of the guard, and we both know that. Secondly, my duty here is to the Prince. We both also know that."
"Mmmmmmmmm." He was kissing her neck and moaning softly for her. He whispered,"Come, Gwenneth," and took her hand . He was leading her across the room, when there was a knock on the door. "Oh for the love of...you better make this quick!" he yelled out.
The door opened and a male voice said,"Well, it is nice to see you, too, Cousin."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:03
Eldarion's sullen bout of irritableness meant that yes, perhaps his treatment to those around him had been minimal of late and as he eased back with a sigh in his chair, it seemed only then did he realise it. A sharp rattle sounded on the door as the solider was admitted, a red faced guard handing in the folded sheaf of parchment of Glyndr's report. Eying it with stony regard he arched a brow at the soliders hasty cough, frown tensing. " You have something to say?" he challenged curtly as the sallow, thin boned man dropped his eyes anxiously to the floor. " It's just something I heard Lord Prince...just something - " he stuttered unhelpfully whilst Eldarion straightened. " Go on" he prompted icily. The solider but his lower lip hesitantly before continuing " We were on scouting duty with Lord Glyndr earlier this morning and well -I heard the maid Gwenneth talking erm..crudely of your's and the Princess's er - actions. She said ( and I quote) '...Prince endeavoring to win her over into his bed, and since he succeeded, he has not done a stitch of paperwork'. Her words Sir, not mine. I think she may have caught me looking at her abit weird...she didn't know perhaps that I was a loyal subject to my future King" he smiled weakly as the Prince's frown tensed, a furious but somewhat simmering angst flashing across his eyes. " Send word that she's to return here immediately. Now!" he barked sharply, running a hand along his chin. How could she demean what's between me and Ceinwyn in public and so crudely? Shaking his head in sheer disillusion, he pushed the papers aside, too furious to concentrate on scrawling even a signature. With his legs crossed under the table and his fingers tapping along the edge, there was no doubt that under that finely governed posture lay a palpable fury too turbulent to keep still for long.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:27
After the interruption of Glyndr's cousin, gwenneth was just about to greet him when a guard stopped at the door. "Lady Gwenneth, the Lord Prince will see you right now."
"Excuse me?" She was confused.
"He wants to see you now. Alone."
She looked at Glyndr and then followed the guard to the study. She knocked on the door, and heard the Prince bark out "Come!"
When she walked into the study and saw the posture of the Prince, she said cautiously, "You wished to see me?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:42
It took Eldarion a moment to compose himself as his voice bounced of the marble vaulted ceilings, only the quick sound of his tapping fingers merging with the dry briskness of his voice. " Do you remember a while back Gwenneth, we had problems with gossips? How they marred our happiness, belittled our qualms. Our desires. It was in my mind that we'd done with all the mess, quashed it and found each of us, our own sense of peace and yet - you have been making light, or so it would seem, of what goes on in the private chambers of your future King and Queen.No wonder people think this castle is one of ill-repute! I never had to win her - this was never a game. How can you make such a trifle of the hostility which there was between us, between our country's? And to think it is all about bedding! Love Gwenneth, it is about love. Best you remember that next time you start to scorn me. ...Why I wonder do you? This old - matter you’ve held for me, it cannot possibly still be present? Has not Glyndr extinguished it for you?" he stipulated archly, rising from his seat in a liquid motion of restlessness " how can you talk of me and Ceinwyn so? Like we're some common couple who only care - care for the pleasures of bed! I love her " he pressed earnestly " like I never thought to love any other. Surely you, who loves the famed elf lord, know the power of that? And so surely you must know, the hurt that it causes when a friend makes it seem so crude - don't you realise what you said is enough to start untrue rumours? Gwenneth" he sighed " What goes on in my chambers between a King and Queen is private and I do not expect to hear of it being talked about like some common knowledgde...now" he turned to pace before the hearth "it would not be fair if I didn't let you speak in responce. Please" he drew a hand through the air " have you moment"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:55
She stared at Eldarion for a moment, and then spoke, her voice tightly controlled. "First of all, my Lord, the feelings I had for you were a mistake on my part. I accepted that and moved on. Yes, Lord glyndr made me realize what love is." She took a deep breath and continued."I did not, NOT, make light of anything between the two of you, yourself and the Princess. Glyndr and I were having a private conversation, and he was concerned that you are trying to keep us apart. He knows well that you do not like him. Yes, i made a joke-to Glyndr. I would assume that the guard that came to fetch me is the one that told you this. Did he also tell you that has been known to harass the ladies of the court with innuendo? That he was following myself and Elboron one night when we went for a walk? No I suppose he didn't. And I also suppose it would not matter if he had. Yes, I made a flippant remark to my lover, intended for his ears only. I am sorry I made it, but to be perfectly honest, he may have mistook bitterness in my voice for the wrong thing. I am happy-truly happy- for you and Ceinwyn. But I am bitter, as are a number of other people around here, people you used to treat as if you truly cared about us. Since you and Ceinwyn have started to warm to each other, you have grown cold to the rest of us." Her voice cracked and she swallowed and continued. " I feel like a servant instead of a friend now. If that is what you wish me be, just another servant in your court, then tell me now, please, my Lord, and do not allow me to continue to hope that we will continue to be friends. I would not have been able to bring you back without that hope, but if it is now unfounded hope, then tell me, and I will become just another servant." Her emerald eyes pierced into his gray ones, waiting for the answer.

[Edited on 21/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 02:50
"Quick? well, that is a good welcome for your cousin" Deep amber gold eyes met surprised ice blue.
"Mrelyn", Glyndr stared, "Gods I thought you dead" Glyndr stared harder at his copper haired cousin in disbelief.
"You mean that you hoped that I was" Mrelyn grinned, "I see that you still have the perfect manners of a heathen" he put a strong , lightly tanned arm against the door post, "Well am I to stand out here all day? or may I at least come in?"
Glyndr stood back "Omens appear then you arrive", he thought with amusement, "I suppose you had now that you are here".
Mrelyn walked towards his cousin, "It is good to see you", he said as he hugged Glyndr.
"And to see you too". Glyndr finally found his welcome smile."What brings you to Gondor? surely it is too far south of your range?"
"The excellent hunting" Mrelyn pushed his fiery hair back behind a pointed ear."The deer of Gondor give excellent sport, oh, not the Royal venison of course" he hastened to add.
Glyndr used his charms on a passing maid to get her to bring them tea.before turning back to Mrelyn.
"Ah", Mrelyn leant close to Glyndr's ear, "Now I see why you wanted my hasty departure", he had seen Gwenneth, "Valar, Glyndr you have more taste than I gave you credit for, she is exquisite," he paused, "You and she.. are you..?
"Yes!" Glyndr narrowed his eyes, "So take the hunt elsewhere".
"Well introduce me then" Mrelyn smiled.
Glyndr sighed, "Gwenneth this is my cousin Mrelyn, he is as a brother to me , since my sister and I were taken into his family after the loss of our parents".
"My Lady" , Mrelyn took Gwenneth's hand in his, the pale tan of his skin a contrast to her pale porcelain, he bowed to kiss her hand, fire red hair falling forward over his 'too broad' shoulders for an Elf. "My Lady what do you see in a dark Elf with an evil temper? when I am sure you could have any male you wished?"
Glyndr's aimed ice dagger melted as the maid arrived with the tray,she set it on the table then smiled a shy smile at Glyndr as she left.
Glyndr and Mrelyn walked either side of Gwenneth, one a sleek, raven cat, the other an elusive red fox, yet both born of the same blood. Suddenly their meeting was brought to an abrupt end , as a guard arrived , just as the maid was leaving,Gwenneth never had a chance to greet Mrelyn properly, The guard demanded that she leave with him.
Mrelyn and Glyndr spoke of their homeland,"How is my sister?" Glyndr asked, sadness in his voice. He loved Felaine, and missed her dreadfully.
"She is well", Mrelyn replied, And as beautiful as ever,you must take leave to visit her".
"I cannot,"the captain replied" the darkness is returning, my skills are needed here"
"I know ,I too have felt the coldness in these lands" he leant closer to Glyndr "our craft tells me as much".
The captain smiled, "Have no fear to speak of our shared secret when in Gwenneth 's presence, she knows of the craft, she understands".
" Glyndr!", a paint covered Felyon flew through the door "Have you seen the Princess? she was meant to sit for me and I cannot find her anywhere! he threw a paintbrush down in temper. "I must...."he stopped, he had seen Mrelyn "Oh..." he bowed "My Lord",
"Who in Valar's name is that feisty little demon?" the red haired Elf laughed.
"This is Felyon" , Glyndr placed a slice of cake in the angry Sylentor's hand.
It had the desired effect. Felyon calmed easily, then took up Mrelyn's attention with many questions.
Glyndr glanced at Felyon and Mrelyn,this time was supposed to be for him and Gwenneth, he hoped that she would return soon, He had a plan, "Felyon , why don't you show Mrelyn the city, I am sure you have much to discuss". The captain held the door open for them
He smiled, yet he was a little concerned, Felyon had said that the Princess could not be found.

[Edited on 21/3/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 03:27
" Do you know it has always amused me how you can alter the course of subject so it shines less badly on you" he noted with a curt scowl before shaking his head " such remarks however flippant, should not even be shared between two lovers of a royal court! To think that you would even discuss us as such - even in private - it makes me wonder how very little you must think of us. Still" he shrugged diligently, grey-blue eyes holding her own unwaveringly " in lightness was it made. Be sure - be very sure - no such thing is heard to slip so 'flippantly' from your lips again. Or that of Glyndr though he seems to guard his mouth well enough" he admitted with a begruding smirk until, turning from the elleth he sighed somewhat wistfully, turning a shift of parchment idly in his strong palms. " Gwenneth - if I have ever over this past weeks given you any cause to think you are anything less then one of my closest friends then you have my most sincere apoligies" he assured with an earnest tenderness. " That was never - never, my intention. It is just when I was with the shadow it put things in sharp perspective and..well I felt the need to rectify the state of limbo between myself and the Princess. It was wrong just as the coldness between you and I now is wrong. Forgive me" he smiled doltishly, running a hand through his dark tousled hair. " we are both happy now with those we love..not just for the 'bedding'" he noted pointedly, arching a dark brow. " Now" he grinned clapping his hands brusquely " these papers...I've signed most of them which need a simple signature and those which require personal address I have drafted replies to. My scribes will do the rest not you or I. They should earn their bread after sitting idle for so long do you not think? Anyhow - did I disturb you in something? You looked agitated..."

Ceinwyn drew the golden veil purposefully over her face, merging with the crowd as an inconspicuous shade of dewy green,purse jangling at the loosely tied knot at her waist. Stall upon stall of brightly coloured silk lined the cobbled, wide streets, puppeters drawing clusters of eager eyed children straying from the sides of thier portly, flushed cheeked mothers. A low murmur of incoherant babble acted as a backdrop for the travelling bards, strumming a racourous ditty as a small knot of youths began forming a circle of dancers, lining the space about the bearded muse. Silks, linen, fur made the wooden wagons groan under thier weight as Ceinwyn ran her slender, pale fingers along a shift of crisp white silk, somewhat familiar as it reminded her of Soar. Soar...the blessed haven of mythical seclusion. Taking two round golden signets from her purse, she handed them mutely to the beaming wagon owner, folding the long shift into a neat bundle and handing it to Eliza. Craning her head upwards to the dreary, bleak sky, her sharp eyes caught the banners of Soar and Gondor crossed against one another at the top of the farther most turret, an earnest smile curving upon her lips. " Miss, Lord Feylon is said to be looking for you" Eliza hissed shrilly in her ear " and with him theres another elf - fiery haired" she giggled as Ceinwyn rolled her eyes exasperatedly, intruiged none the less at this newcomer. " Tell him I'm by the bard - but tell him also to be quiet about it. The people do not know I am amoung them. For my peace, let is remain so"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 05:10
"Lord Glyndr's cousin is here, and yet I got only a few moments to speak with him when I was interrupted rather rudely by the guard. That is what has irritated me, I am sorry, my Lord Prince. It was not you." Gwenneth said truthfully. She noted the strain on the Prince's face and told him to sit. She began to massage his neck and shoulders to release the tension. "I swear to you, I will never say anything like that again, Eldarion, I mean, my Lord Prince." she smiled. "I would not like to bring any more trouble down on us than has been already." She dug into his shoulders a little bit and he squirmed till she laughed."And being able to alter the course of a subject so it shines less badly on me is the reason you used to call me your Elven diplomat. You have forgotten much. I bet you even forgot how good this could feel." She stepped back and said softly, "I take my leave now, unless there is something else you would require."
She returned at last to Glyndr's room, and just as she arrived there, Glyndr ushered Felyon and Mrelyn out the door. Gwenneth giggled and Mrelyn took her hand and kissed it. He looked deep into her eyes and she was entranced by. His eyes were just like those of his cousin.
Glyndr cleared his throat and Mrelyn slipped out, and Gwenneth turned her gaze back to Glyndr, a stunned smile on her face.
He closed the door and pulled her intohis arms, and amused twitch at the corner of his mouth. "I see it runs in the family." she said sarcastically.
"Oh yes, as does our talent for making those we are with forget everyone and everything besides us." He was steering her towards the bed again. This time , they landed on it.
"So you can make me forget everyone and everything, huh?"
"For awhile, anyway," he whispered, lowering his head and kissing her neck.
"Mmmmmmmmmm." She giggled. "Glyndr?"
"Yes, my love?" He was slowly undressing her as he kissed her.
"I still remember Mrelyn." He stopped and raised an eyebrow. "You know I could always go find him-"he said with a smirk.
She slapped him lightly. "Don't you dare!" He chuckled, low and silkily, and covered her protests with his mouth.

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 07:45
Felyon heard Eliza's message with eager delight, "Oh wonderful!" he exclaimed, "Mrelyn we must go to the market, I love markets and oh, you must meet the Princess!"
Felyon dragged a bemused Mrelyn behind him as they went with Eliza to where Ceinwyn stood.
"My Lady!" Felyon rushed to her side, he bowed, A toffee apple in one hand and a linen wrapped almond and honey pastry in the other. "I bought this for you" He offered her the wrapped pastry as he nibbled at the toffee apple.
"My Princess I cannot afford to waste the light, and the portrait must be finished soon, shall you come to sit for me? Oh!" he exclaimed "where are my manners?" This is Mrelyn he is Glyndr's cousin come to visit" the Sylentor introduced them as he licked toffee from his fingers.
"My Lady Princess", Mrelyn bowed low ,copper red hair catching what little sun there was in copper fire.
"I have heard much of the jewel of Soar, a land I know well" he smiled a reflection of Glyndr's charmed smile. "The legend is true you are a rare find"
The red haired Elf ran a strong, tanned hand through his hair, "This city is so unlike your own, how do you cope with such change?"
Felyon was impatient,"My Lady we must not be long the light fades" the Sylentor looked to Ceinwyn for her answer.

Much later Glyndr lay feeding Gwenneth pieces of honey cake, ignoring the crumbs in the bed and honey on the sheets.
"Flower , my love, what was so important that you had to leave us so soon?" he rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling, "Surely not that damned Prince and his wretched paperwork again?" he added irritably. "Let some other of his many minions see to it, he does not need you every time a damed parchment arrives that he does not know what to do with!"
The captain turned his head to smile thefamous smile , "Sorry" he grinned like a naughty child, "My temper again, but I just don't like him taking your time away from me, Gods knows, we shall have little time enough when war comes upon us, Gwenneth can you never say no to his demands?"

[Edited on 21/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 10:19
"Now stop, Glyndr," Gwenneth said around pieces of honey cake. "You know perfectly well I have duties to perform, and one of those requires me to work with the Prince on his paperwork," she said softly. "The Prince is aware we are in love, Glyndr, and that even if he was trying to keep us apart, it wouldn't work. besides it was not paperwork he wished to see me about." She rolled over onto her side and took the honey cake from him. "You know, this is a very messy treat." Glyndr was licking his fingers and suddenly she mashed the cake into his face, playfully. Then she jumped up and ran, giggling from him.
"You can't catch me!" she said, as he chased her around the bed. She ran toward the bedroom door and suddenly it opened.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 10:37
" No - no you are free to go now Gwenneth" he smiled with a doltish charm, easing from his chair with an idle roll of the shoulders, the tension dissolved due to the elleth's careful hands. Once Gwenneth had left, he began traipsing through the trunks set at the foot his his tapered, square bed, frowning when the gift he wanted was absent from the hoards of precious metal and jewels. Arwen had loaned him a ring of mithril, rare and scoured for by eager-eyed rangers in the dilapidated caves of Moria, but untouchable, unreachable in its aloofness to thier grasp. It was, or so the Prince had hoped, the wedding ring which would secure his future wife to years of wedded bliss. Nothing else would do. Setting back down to his desk, he dipped a red-tipped quill in the ink pot and began drafting a letter to his parents cooped up in Ithilen as to its whereabouts. Perhaps his mother had saw fit to carry it with her? Once finished, he stamped the silver seal of the white tree on the fold of the parchment and placed it on the piles of letters waiting already to be sent by his squires to the Provinces or as far a field as Rohan, where Prince Elfwine had already taken the throne and been crowned King. No doubt then, he would attend his brethran's, Eldarion's own crowning, the same day as his wedding. The thought of the approachingly day infused his senses with a paradox of delight and anxiety, armorous to name Ceinwyn his wife but unsure of the Kingly duties hefted upon shoulders still only young.

Cewinwyn's intruige immediately flinted to life at the mention of her home, her native land - her Soar. " You've been there? To Soar? Why you one of only a few to have returned through its perilous mists" she noted wolfishly " what with rumours being as they are. How did you come by my land? Surely not by accident?" she enquired curiously, the warm glimmer of mirth brightening eyes so soft a pale blue. " Ah so I see you have your cousin's sense of chivalry. Be careful it dosen't get you into the same trouble as it did him" she grinned fondly, shrugging as to his later question. " I have adapted to my new surroundings as well I must if I am to survive her for what seems like eternity. But the people are genuine enough and honest; I could ask for no better company then those at present" she noted earnestly, eyes drifting back to Feylon with a small smile curving upon her lips. " Ah the portrait! Yes the light is good but really - it has been terrible weather for so long....and I doubt we shall get many more mild mornings. Can we not stay out here alittle longer? The market is so vibrant" she turned to stare eagerly at the bustle surrouding them.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 11:24
Felyon smiled, he too wanted to stay amongst the excitement and bustle , the colour and scents of the market "Very well , to hell with the portrait , let us enjoy this lively , perfect moment while we can" The Sylentor smiled his warm smile "My Lady I think I know where they sell the most wonderful ribbons and where they sell the most perfect of lemon tarts"he took Ceinwyn's arm , "Please allow me".
Felyon turned to Mrelyn, "Do come with us, there is so much to see"
The red haired Kellquenti smiled a warm smile "Another time perhaps, I have come to visit my cousin, I think it best that I return there," He bowed to Ceinwyn, "My lady , You are right I have mastered the mystery and magic of your lands, I shall return there again soon, please, give me any message that you wish taken there, I shall gladly deliver it", He deliberately did not answer her question on how he came to be in Soar.
The Kellquenti grinned at Felyon "Enjoy" he laughed, "Tell me of it later, I shall not be leaving Gondor for a while"
Mrelyn left them to ribbons and lemon tarts,
He made his way to Glyndr's room, A gaggle of giggling maids passed him , he did not hear Gwenneth's squeals,
He opened the door on a very different scene to when he left.
"GODS IN HELL!" he closed the door quickly behind him lest the maids should see,
"Valar! Glyndr I never thought to see my cousin in this way when I came to visit!" he sat on the edge of the table, a wide grin on his face, "Gwenneth, my Lady , any more of that honey cake left?" he arched an eyebrow wickedly , as the grin became wider."I think i may like some".

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:00
Gwenneth was lost in hysterics for a moment, and then when Glyndr came across the bed, she squealed with laughter and ran behind Mrelyn. "Save me! Please save me!" She grabbed a spare honey cake that was left on the table half finished and then a bad thought occurred to her.
"Watch out, cousin!" Glyndr warned but it was too late. Gwenneth had the cake in her hand and put her hand around in front of Mrelyn and mashed the cake onto his face as well. She broke into more peals of laughter, and ran to the bathing room. She locked herself in, and sat on the edge of the windowsill laughing still.
Mrelyn and Glyndr pounded on the door. "Open up Gwenneth!" Glyndr sing songed. "Open up like a good little girl and take your punishment."
"No! Go away!" They could hear her still laughing.
"That woman of yours is not a bit shy about her playfulness, is she?" Mrelyn asked, wiping honey cake from his face. Glyndr flashed him a wicked smile and shook his head.
"Gwenneth...dear Gwenneth..open the door..I won't let Glyndr harm you, I promise..." Mrelyn purred.
"I don't believe you!"
"No I mean it, he is leaving the room..." Gwenneth heard Glyndr muttering about, 'duty calls" or something.
"Come on Gwenneth, open up. It's just you and me now. And I am certainly not going to harm you. I was the one foolish enough to ask for the cake. I knew what you would do with it."
She said nothing, and he said,"Well, alright, then. I am going to see if I can get this cake out of my hair, and I will see you later." She heard him walk away and the door close.
She waited several minutes, her Elven hearing not catching the slightest sound. She got up and crept to the door and opened it. She stuck her head out and looked around. Oh thankfully... She exitted the bathing room and suddenly she caught a motion from the fireplace, but it was too late. She screamed as Mrelyn grabbed her around the waist and carried her over and dumped her on the bed. Glyndr popped up from underneath the bed and grabbed her arms. He sat on top of her, knees outside hips, while Mrelyn reclined next to the two.
"Well, Cousin, since you are a guest here, i think you might want to pick the punishment." Glyndr said with a wicked grin.
Gwenneth glanced from one to the other and began to struggle when she saw the matching grins. Oh, she was in deep trouble this time...

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 10:31
The Sylentor escorted Ceinwyn and Eliza to every stall, every one that sold bright silks , ribbons and shining beads, evey stall that sold wonderfully hot, spiced breads and pastries, the vendors always pleased to see the ravenous Sylentor,
Felyon knew the markets well and knew where to find the best and at which stall or from which seller to get the best bargains.He also knew where to watch for pickpockets,and guarded the Princess well against them,
"My Lady,I am so happy for you and the Prince it must be wonderful to love someone so much, and them to love you in return, someone you trust with your heart and happiness for the rest of your life", Felyon said wistfully , "I shall never know such pleasure" the Sylentor's mossgreen eyes clouded for a moment in sadness."but I count myself lucky to have such good friends".
He suddenly cheered as he leapt forward. "My Lady, Oh may I have one!" Felyon lifted a tiny kitten from a wicker basket, the tiny ball of ginger fluff snuggled against his chest as he held it gently to him, Its siblings scrambling and mewling for his attention too.
"Please my Lady" Felyon's green eyes begged her.

Glyndr grinned wickedly, "well madam, you have truly done it now, Mrelyn is of my blood and does not forgive easily",
The captain still managed to pin her as she struggled for freedom. "hurry Mrelyn, make your judgement, I don't think i can hold this giggling wildcat much longer".
Mrelyn sat up , he looked thoughtful for a while ,suddenly his amber eyes lit up,"I have just the thing" he laughed as he made for the tea tray.
He brought back the bowl of jam that had been sent with the scones, "Shall you go first or shall I?"he grinned.
Glyndr grinned in return , the grins matched perfectly, if it was not for their different colouring they could be twins. "you first, you are the guest".
Betweenthem they dealt punishment, Gwenneth now smothered in raspberry jam.
Glyndr sat back "Oh gods how am I going to explain this mess!?" he laughed. "The laundry maid will go mad".
"You must learn to control your Elleth more" Mrelyn splodged the last blob of jam on Gwenneth's nose, He grinned at her "Punishment dealt" he said as he leant to kiss the tip of her jammy nose, "For now," he added with a wink.
The red haired Elf stood, "I must go to get cleaned up, this does not give a very good impression, and it does my image no good whatsoever" he laughed as he went to the door.
Glyndr went with him to the door ,trying not to get too much jam on the handle, "Meet us at the seven stars Inn later, I am sure Gwenneth can leave that damn paperwork to join us, we can talk more then"
Mrelyn glanced an amber glance back at Gwenneth ," I look forward to it"he said as he left.
Glyndr went back to Gwenneth, "This place looks like a disaster in a bakery" he smiled a sticky smile, "Now what are you going to do about it, It was all your fault",
Glyndr sat looking down at her "Well madam?".

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:53
Gwenneth sat up, and was hard pressed to not start laughing. "Glyndr, meleth nin, you and your cousin are evil." He chuckled at her. "Yes, meleth nin, but you look delicious." He licked her neck to prove the point.
She giggled and pushed him away. "I am going to take a bath. I suggest you call a maid in here to clean this mess up."
She made her way tot he bathing room and filled the bathing tub with water and lit the flame pots to warm the water. She divested herself of her hair ties and clothing, and then climbed intot he heated water. "Ahhhhhhhh!" she said. Glyndr could be heard in the other room attempting to explain what happened in his room to the rather upset maid that came to clean up, and Gwenneth barely stifled a giggle. She finally heard the maid leave, and she called Glyndr over to the door.
"Yes, Elleth?"
"Would you please go and fetch me some clothes? I do not think that it would be pleasant for me to go anywhere this evening undressed."
"It would for me," he snickered.
"I'm sure it would, my Lord. Now go fetch my clothes please."
She heard him leave the room, and she dunked her hair and washed the jam out of the ends. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and Glyndr called. "Your clothing has been fetched, my lady, as you requested."
"Hannon le, Glyndr." she called back and laughed. She got out and wrapped herself in an indigo robe, and went out into the room.
"Wow the maid worked quickly." She went over and sat next to Glyndr on the freshly made bed. "I'm sorry I made such a mess."
He was reclining on the bed, and he reached up and pulled her down for a kiss. "It's alright. Punishing you made up for it."
He kissed her again, and was about to suggest that they find something to occupy their time until they went to the inn, when the announcement for dinner was made. He groaned, and she giggled."Too full , my love?"
"I just hope they are not serving honey cakes for dessert." She laughed, got up, and got dressed quickly. the two of them then made their way, arm in arm to the Dining Hall.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 05:41
Ceinwyn grinned with an indulgent mirth at the kitten Feylon clutched in his pale hands, a writhing tuft of ginger mewing shrilly, stubby paws curling through the air. " How, when faced with such adorableness can I say no?" she lent forward to tickle to kitten's chin before straightening, she took two more gold signets and placed them carefully in the stall tenders greedy palms, the veil masking her features with an air of supple mystery. The morning drifted back amiably enough as Ceinwyn made her way reluctantly from the humming bustle of the market place, reaching its climactic pulse in the days trading, and strode back up into the courtyard, swiping the golden veil from her face in the process. Inclining her head backwards in delirious respite, she smiled as the breeze tickled her cheeks, stirring the loose tendrils of hair bobbing at her chin. For a moment she became lost in the wistful freedom the secluded courtyard offered, sheilded from prying eyes as her maids paced in idle clusters about thier mistress, yeilding the privacy she so craved. Untying the loose ribbon from her waist, she jangled her purse, calling Eliza over and ordering it be distributed amoungst the poor whom clustered at the Western gates every night for scraps from the Royal kitchens. " Say not whom it came from" she stipulated warily. As she stood in silent peace near one of the rose bushes, a single ribbon of deep purple sailed lazily down at her feet, scented as she lifted it to her face - a familiar scent of crushed lavender. " From the ladies gardens" Eldarion's voice punctured the silence, his wolfish but infinetly tender smile melting her frown as he strode towards her, sliding an arm to her waist. " A good days shopping? Ceinwyn you had us all worried...I didn't know where you'd gone" he arched a dubious brow as she grinned deliciously. " Come now dear, you know I'd always come back" she tapped his nose teasingly as they matched thier steps, bowing thier heads together in whispered conversation. In moments such as this, the Royal couple seemed nothing more then a pairing of life's bliss, contented with the desire to please only each other, to know that this spark of passion and respect - and a bond so dear, would be untouchable even after death. The sheen of perfect warmth moulded about thier figures even as they strode into the dining hall, hand clasped and calm. " That lavender Eldarion, is not from our gardens" she noted shrewdly, taking a slice of meat from the platter. " I know the smells of my country - how did it get here? Who brought it here?" she urged sharply, eyes earnest as they held it gaze. " Eldarion speak!". The Prince sank back in his hair, crossing his arms behind his head." A messenger sent ahead by your parents - they will be arriving in no less then three days. I found out only this morning in one of my correspondances...I would have told you as soon as I had known if of course, I'd have known where you were" his mouth twitched into a doltish smile. Ceinwyn's face immediately flushed with perpetual relief as she laughed, leaning back into her own chair with a sigh. " It was news worth waiting for I think"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 06:19
Gwenneth and Glyndr had seated themselves in the Dining Hall, and were chatting with each other when Prince Elboron came in. His fingertips brushed Gwenneth's hair as he went by and seated himself at the table by Eldarion. Glyndr glared at him, but said nothing. Gwenneth nudged him and told him one of the new maids serving Ceinwyn was staring at him with unabashed interest. He smiled at her, and said softly to his elleth,"No..she could never handle me." Gwenneth nearly choked on her wine and pinched him under the table. He grabbed her hand in his and traced his thumb over hers. She smiled at him, and then giggled when she saw the tray of pastries being brought in.
Several times she caught Elboron looking at her, and she tried to smile in a friendly manner without Glyndr detecting it. Eldarion was watching Glyndr out of the corner of his eye, and Gwenneth thought, I wish that they could just get along.
Glyndr finished his plate and then excused himself, leaned over and kissed Gwenneth lightly on the cheek and went over to the barracks to check on his men's drills.
Gwenneth finished eating soon after; or rather finished picking at her food. She excused herself when she noticed Eldarion had looked at her plate after being nudged by Elboron. Before the Prince could speak, she took her leave and went out to the gardens. She sat under the willow tree, and there she wept.

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 06:49
Glyndr could not get through the drills quick enough, Gwenneth, a few ales and his cousin would be awaiting him at the Inn .He was just about to leave when Kellyn arrived with an important message sent from the Royal guard, Kellyn had never heard Glyndr use such language before, he backed away a few steps as his captain - god snatched the parchment from him , then kick a chair accross the room to smash against the wall in a shower of splinters, This would take a little time,
Mrelyn had managed to get back to his lodgings at the seven stars inn unseen, he crept up the back stairs and into his room.
He quickly poured a bath, then lay submerged inthe warm water, He smiled as he washed the sticky honey from his hair,
The Elleth was great fun to be with and she took fun levelled at her with no ill feeling. He liked that.
The red haired Kellquenti dressed quickly, then ran towards the castle, although he was staying at the inn he had arranged to meet Glyndr and Gweneth at the garden entrance.
As he approached the gardens he heard the sound of a woman's tears. Following the desperate sound he found Gwenneth at the Willow.
"Gwenneth" he crouched beside her his voice full of concern. "My Lady what breaks your heart so?" Come here,"
he pulled her to her feet and into a warm hug "There my poor Elleth, tell me only if you wish it , I shall listen" He rested his fiery red head against the top of her golden.
When she could not or would not say anything he wiped her tears with his fingertips " Come Gwenneth, Glyndr and Ale await us " he smiled an amber smile."tell me later".
The Elf put his arm through hers as he led her to the inn,
Glyndr, he had seen had not been with Gwenneth , he guessed he had been delayed.
He bought Gwenneth a drink as they waited for Glyndr.
Glyndr arrived in a flurry of raven hair and temper,
that soon settled as the evening wore on.
All too soon it was time to leave, Glyndr invited Mrelyn back to his room to share another bottle of wine and a talk, Gwenneth was also invited, although she had gone a little quiet and subdued, They wondered if she would join them or not.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 07:41
Gwenneth heard Mrelyn'd voice and looked up. She couldn't explain that she didn't know what was wrong, so she shook her head. As he wrapped his arms around her, she found his hug as comforting as Glyndr's.
The two of them went and had a drink while waiting for Glyndr. Mrelyn was being very polite and sweet, and she was soon feeling much better.
Glyndr arrived and things got rowdy for a while. They were about to get kicked out, but Mrelyn steered everyone out of the tavern and they headed back to Glyndr's room, where he had wine waiting.
Having already had quite a bit to drink, Gwenneth was resistant to having more than one glass. She didn't notice Glyndr and Mrelyn giving each other glances and snickering.
She finally got up and said, "It's too noisy in here, meleth nin." She kissed Glyndr and told him she was going to bed. Then she gave Mrelyn a hug and told him goodnight.
She went down the hall to her room and closed the curtains, and changed into a night dress and slipped into bed.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 08:44
The full moon shone its cold light in at the chink in her curtains as Gwenneth tried to sleep, the sleep that seemed to evade her saddened soul.
Red firespirits played with blue in the dying embers of her fire, the room becoming colder as the night became deeper.
She felt him slip into the bed at her side,as silently as a ghost, a warm , not a cold ghost,she welcomed the warmth, and snuggled back against him.
She was not surprised when, kissing her neck softly , he slipped a blindfold over her eyes, she smiled, he was always playing games , trying to scare her unsuccessfully, she knew him too well.
He moved to her,to give her the Kellquenti pleasures that were fabled , and did ,surpass any mortal's attempt.
She was grateful, he was unusually gentle.
The ghost kissed her once more as ice blue moonlight shone in a cold finger of light across the bed, then slipped away towards the door as silently as he had arrived.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 09:06
She felt the bed shift, and he slid into the bed with her. She smiled and sighed softly, "Meleth nin." He began kissing her neck, and she felt a silk blindfold slip sensuously over her eyes. "Ooooo, my love, "she giggled. He rolled her onto her back slowly, kissing her bared flesh as she turned. "Mmm," she purred, as he slid up against her. His hands and lips were being so gentle to her, much more gentle than she could remember him ever having been before. She was enjoying it, he was being more sensual than usual, and taking his time pleasuring her. If this is how having him relaxed and feeling good results, I will make sure he is relaxed much more often, she thought.
When they were finished, he kissed her deeply, lovingly, sucking on her lower lip for a moment before pulling away. She went to remove the blindfold as he kissed her, but he took her hands and pulled them down to her sides. then he slipped from the bed and headed for the door.
"Meleth nin, are you not going to stay with me tonight?"

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 10:28
The ghost slippped quietly without an answer, out into the night.
It returned, ice blue in the still cold light of the moon, to slide warm and comforting, beside her, after wakening the firespirits with the wood of an appletree log. Its scent warming the room as did its heat,
"Gwenneth", It spoke softly, "I am here,come to me", The ghost again worked Kellquenti magic. He drew her close, , After , when they lay entwined, he said,. "Have no fears my love ," he said softly, "I shall be here for you always,I have not abandoned you, tomorrow, if you wish it, you must tell me of your sadness , I see it clearly", the ghost kissed her with passion, " But tomorrow is yet a while, forget tomorrow, the night is still ours" Elleth ,forget tomorrow,"
the Kellquenti worked his magic , Gwenneth forgot everything till dawn's light played upon the walls, banishing the firespirits for the pink light of dawn.

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 11:05
When he returned, he apologized and added the log he carried to the fireplace.
He began kissing her again. as he slid into the space beside her. He called her to him, and as he began to touch her, she giggled and said,"Oh you are insatiable tonight, are you?" The two of them again began their pairing, and this time he was a little more aggressive in the way he touched and pleased her. Her eyes rolled toward the ceiling. She rather liked this idea, of him being slow and sensuous and then more aggressive again later. All of her desires were met that way. She had no idea what had driven him to behave this way, but she hoped it continued, whatever the cause.
They lay there, sated, entangled in the sheets and each other, and then he mentioned her sadness. Mrelyn must have told him.She opened her mouth to speak, but he shushed her and told her it could wait. He made her silent with kisses and more, again making her feel the full effects of his seduction.
The sun was just peeking over the horizon when she finally fell asleep, even for just a few hours.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 12:43
The humdrum of the market's vibrancy mellowed as the day wore on, the bleak expanse of grey being slashed with great gnashes of violent red, the velvety night starless. Ceinwyn shifted lanuidly in Eldarion's arm, strumming her neat palms along his bare chest, as his face creased into a small frown." Love can you never sleep?" he sighed wistfully,stretching his arms idly over his head. " It is barely morning - the sun has not yet risen high enough yet" he noted, narrowing his eyes to high arched windows before with a resolute sigh he turned, lolled onto one side, and wound the golden threads of Ceiwnyn's hair about his strong hands. Her rosebud mouth curved into the most sensuous of smiles, a rare lapse of the inner woman which lay beneath the mantle of Princess." Would that we could stay like this forever" she mused indulgently, nuzzling at his neck as he grinned, smoothing his hand along her back. " I think that would be rather selfish of us personally...but still. Selfish is as selfish does" his voice lowered as he bent to kiss the tip of her nose teasingly." if you say so" she grinned wolfishly before sinking back in her pillows and staring, somewhat dreamily up to the ceiling. " My parents will be here in less then two days now...the King and Queen of Soar come to visit their daughter the imminent Queen of Gondor. How very strange our life paths out for us..I'll wager you did not think to have a wayward forgiener for your wife" she teased ruefully as he shrugged, drawing an arm about her slight shoulders. " Does it matter? In truth perhaps no but it was so for my father - in his youth, before he met Arwen, he did not think he wed the highest born of elven beauties. He would never have even comprehend it. It is - or rather it was - the same instance 'played out' with you and I. How could I ever have through to fall in love with the wild, honest Jewel of Soar? It was only myth until you came; you were only a myth until you materialiesd into solid being. So you see our paths were meant to cross for who knows what will become of us - of our children? A great future awaits us my love. One that will be scrawled down in the depths of history in both Gondor and Soar forever"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 02:03
Felyon lay on his back on his bed, he watched the dawn light grow and brighten in the leaded panes of his window.
He laughed softly as a ginger fluffball pounced up his chest to kill one of his long, pale braids.her tiny claws pinpricks against his neck.
The Sylentor stroked the soft fur, he smiled as she curled into a ball under his chin, her purrs too loud for such a tiny creature.
Felyon adored his new friend and had thanked Ceiwyn incessantly for her gift of the kitten all the way back to the castle.
He had asked her to name it, he waited to see what she would choose.

Mrelyn had left the castle very late to return to his room at the inn.Throwing himself into bed to try to get what little time the fading night would allow for sleep.
An hour later and he now lay face down in a tangle of sheets.
to be woken abruptly by a cockerel under his window welcoming the dawn.
He woke with a curse and a groan, then wrapped a sheet around him before going to the window.
He opened the window sharply and threw an apple at the offending bird, the fruit bounced off a bin with a clang, the bird ran sqwawking loudly.
Windows flew open around the inn and angry heads shot out, Mrelyn ducked back quickly into his room before anyone saw the culprit.
The Kellquenti sat on the bed , he yawned and stretched lazily,
" Oh gods I suppose I must try to move" he flopped back on the bed, his arms above his head, He meant to go hunting that day, Ember, his hunting hound was housed in the inn's stables with Kestrel, his chestnut stallion, all three loyal to each other.
Mrelyn was soon up and out, and mounted on the frisky chestnut horse, the hunting hound at the horse's side, All three matching in their copper red colouring.
The Elf rode towards the east gate, he looked up at the twin banners of Soar and Gondor, He smiled a secretive smile,"Soar," he said softly to himself, "You have lost your most precious jewel to this land,Soar , a land of magic and mystery, a land that calls to my heart, Ah , Soar , you have yet another jewel that waits within your silver mists".
The red haired Elf turned the stallion's head towards the dawn.
He had a feeling the hunting would be very successful.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 05:27
Gwenneth stretchednad ran her fingers along Glyndr's spine. He moaned in his sleep.She knew he would be crabby that day from lack of sleep, so she left him alone, got up and bathed and dressed. She slipped quietly out the door, and instructed the maids to not enter her room. She went down the Felyon's room on her way to the Dining Hall. She had heard he had gotten a kitten. She had never had a pet, and wanted to see it. She tapped softly on the door, and a moment later, Felyon opened it, and looked at her in surprise. "Lady Gwenneth,I was not expecting to see you, come in , come in," she ushered her in.
She smiled and said,"I understand you have a new friend."
"Oh yes!" He scooped the tiny ball of fur off the bed and handed it to Gwenneth."I asked the Princess to think of a name,"he said.
"Oh!" Gwenneth cried at the tiny thing. She rubbed the kitten against her cheek. "So sweet!" The kitten began purring loudly and they laughed.
After managing to disentangle the kittens from the Sylentor's braid again, the two strolled casually down the hallway to the Dining Hall, both wondering if Glyndr had woken in a nasty mood yet.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 06:08
Glyndr woke as he rolled over and fell with a crash onto the floor, cracking his shoulder against the table edge, He used the same language as he had the night before in his office.
Glyndr was tired, his shoulder hurt, and he was hoplessly tangled in a sheet.
Glyndr was not a happy Kellquenti.
Tearing the sheet, literally, from him he dressed then stormed back to his own room, slamming Gwenneth's door behind him, He had noticed that she had already left for breakfast, that annoyed him too.
Kicking open the door of his room, he tore off his tunic and slung it across the room, before going to wash .
Even the cold water did nothing to cool his temper,the bad tempered Elf dressed, not in his uniform tunic , but one of soft black leather, He had decided to take a day off.he wanted to ride out with Mrelyn when he returned from the hunt. The captain hoped that the Royal couple had already breakfasted and were not in the dining hall as he arrived.
He found Gwenneth and Felyon already seated, he threw himself in a chair beside them. replying to felyon's "good morning" with a grunt.
The captain was not hungry , he sat drinking fruit juice and scowling at eveyrone,
Today would be a bad day , unless someone could knock the temper out of him.

Mrelyn returned at the east gate, the hunting had been better than expected. He had seen many deer, but left them, they were Royal venison, he would travel further tomorrow for the deer,
Today he had rabbit, and a boar, the boar had been a great challenge, the animal dangerous when cornered.
Mrelyn would ask Ceinwyn if she had a falcon he could fly, he had noticed many game birds in the area .
He dismounted and left the stable lads to see to his horse and hound, the game given to the landlord of the inn as payment for his room and food,
The Elf charmed bread and cheese with a mug of cider from the kitchen maids, then wentto sit in the sun to wait for Glyndr.
He frowned as he remembered his seeing the smoke from enemy camps,as he hunted. they were not far away.
Mrelyn put the thoughts of hideous creatures out of his mind as thoughts of a mad ride out with Glyndr and the memory of a playful Elleth replaced them.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 06:42
There was an argument going on. A loud one.
"I don't see what you are so upset about. So I went to breakfast, so what?"
"You could have woken me!"
"Then you would be in a worse mood!..What happened to my sheet?"
"I tore it getting untangled from it."
"Why do you have to do this?"
Silence.
"Glyndr, I am talking to you."
"Yeah, I know, I can hear you."
"Why do you always have to be so nasty and aggressive?"
"Oh, and here I have been thinking you liked it when I was nasty and aggressive."
Silence, then Gwenneth's door opened. "Get out."
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me. I will not be treated like this. Get out."
"You'll be begging for me later."
"Get out Glyndr."
"Fine I am going. You know , flower, one day I will not come back when you..."
Slam. Click.
A half and hour later, Gwenneth went down to the market to look around. She was bored. She thought for the thousandth time about her home. She had never been bored there. She smelled a sweet smell of pastries and bread, and she got a lump in her throat.and tears in her eyes. Why did he have to act like that? So sweet one day, so cruel and angry the next?
She made a coyuple of small purchases and then went back to the castle. She wasn't feeling very well today. It was probably just all the drinking the night before...
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 08:59
If Glyndr's temper was evil before, it wasnow given to hell and damnation,
He stared at the closed door and kicked it hard "damn you Elleth!" he was furious. He smashed his fist against the closed door "you shall regret this, you will come running soon enough!.
The furious Kellquenti stormed down the corridor sucking and cursing at his bruised, scraped knuckles.
He shoved past two of the guard, sending them flying in a heap of cloak and spears. They cursed the mad Kellquenti as they finally managed to stand
Glyndr went to the barracks to instruct Kellyn to take charge today. Today, he was going to go for a mad ride with his cousin. Mrelyn was bored waiting, he knew Glyndr would be a while yet, He placed the mug on the low wall he had been sitting on and wandered off for a while.
He walked past the gardens , then stopped, he thought he had seen Gwenneth ahead, he ran to catch up with her, "Gwenneth" he grinned as he ran to her side, a warm amber smile on his face, the smile faded as he saw yet again , more tears, He stopped and held her by the shoulders gently, "Gweneth" he said softly "This is the second time I have seen you unhappy" He put a strong, comforting arm around her shoulders, "My Lady I have said that I will listen, please, tell me what troubles you, you seem so full of life, yet now you seem so sad"
Again she could not or would not tell him.
"Alright" he looked straight into her eyes, "Promise me that you will talk to me later, or if not me then that over sensitive Sylentor, you must".
He walked with her to the castle ,then kissed her before leaving to go back to his low wall, he was concerned for the Elleth.
Glyndr found him there.
"Mrelyn, go fetch your horse, I need to get out of this city before i do something I shall regret" the anger barely hidden in his voice.
"Hey..Hey. be calm , valar you look as if you could murder a whole army of goblins single handed" He raised an eyebrow, "speaking of which" he took Glyndr's bruised , bleeding hand in his "How did this happen?"
I hit a door" Glyndr snatched his hand away.
Mrelyn knew when to keep quiet, He went to fetch Kestrel.
Glyndr met him with Sylstar, they rode to the gate, turning to look at each other as they rode through. they grinned a mirror image of each other, before leaping forward into a mad gallop across the lands.
they returned much later to the Inn ,their horses tended they went in for a drink. Mrelyn went to atable at the fireside while Glyndr went to get the drinks. he returned with two mugs of ale, he placed one in front of Mrelyn, then sat back with his own, Three ales later Mrelyn looked up "Glyndr", he said "treat the Elleth carefully, be gentle with her"
Glyndr stared, he was going to tell Mrelyn to keep out of it, but didn't.
Instead he stared into his ale mug "Mrelyn I love her," he said as he glanced up, ice blue met shining amber"Much more than she will ever know, or believe"
"I know" Mrelyn smiled, "Come finish the ale and I will walk back with you".
The two Kellquenti walked side by side to the castle, they sat on the steps Glyndr did not want to go back to an empty room.

[Edited on 23/3/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 23/3/2005 by elflyn]
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email