Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and the Crown *free!*
on: March 23, 2005 09:59
Ceinwyn rose somewhat languidly, tugging a gown of creamy peach over her shoulders, bundling her hair into a loose coil of honey gold tendrils at the base of her neck. Breakfast was as sober an affair as usual, the bustle of the marketplace snaring her curisoity with an eager, almost pinching intensity as she strode out from her chamber, smoothing the folds of shimmering cloth over her slender stomach. She drew the golden veil once more over her face, desireous to avoid the clusters of ardent townspeople bartering thier goods to a Princess, thier new forgien Princess - thier new, soon-to-be forgien Queen. Running a finger along her lips under the veil, she offered three signets for a steaming pastry of honey, caked with sugar, nibbling at the edges as she weaved in amongst the villagers, eying the unique gatheirng of people with an astute curiosity. The market was levelled, the clothing stalls on the lowest teir whilst the mead and food was on the upper level and it was here, leaning idly against white-bricked walls, that she distinguished Gwenneth returning back to the castle. She lunged instinctively forward, darting inbetween the hoards of people with lithe quickness until, pausing before the elleth barely panting, her face was somewhat obscured by the veil. " Morrow Lady Gwenneth...I have no spoken to you for some time; hush" she urged, pressing a finger to her lips and guiding the elleth deeper into the secluded courtyards." I do not want to be recognised...I prefer it this way" she shrugged stoutly, picking at the pastry as she eased down onto one of the stone seats centered around a circular white table. Setting the wrapped sweet down, she turned a shrewd, blunt stare at Gwenneth, her poise still - composed. " I have been sent word that you have been ill: and not eating properly. Have you been to a physician?" she enquired politely, unpinning the veil from her hair and setting it down beside her. " I do not mean to intrude upon your privacy but - well. You are one of my maids and if you are ill....is there nothing I can do? You do look rather pale" she noted curiously. Her face remained distant yet her mind worked as astutely as ever. Could it be? As much as her womanly instincts flinted she decided that perhaps Gwenneth wouldn't thank her for broaching such a subject; Ceinwyn could not yet wager how far the old ailments between them had thawed yet she hoped..she sincerly hoped that something of what passed could be forged once more; abeit in a more shallow form." How is it with you and Lord Glyndr anyhow? I hope" she arched a pointed brow" he is treating you better. He knows neither me nor Eldarion will tolerate such behaviour as previous. Rest assured there" she smiled earnestly
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 10:38
She had not thought she would encounter Ceinwyn at the market, so she was taken aback by the Princess's presence. When she guided her to a seat, Gwenneth was fearful that the Prince had told her of the comment she had made. So her relief was abundant when the Princess began inquiring after her health.
"I am not sure what is wrong My Princess," she said , looking at the ground. "i am not feeling as if my stomach is quite right, and I have been very tired of late, more irritable." She looked at Ceinwyn, emerald eyes tearing up as she gazed into the blue ones of the princess. "And always crying. Over the stupidest things. I have not seen a doctor, no, because I think it is just a minor bug and it will pass." She smiled. "Glyndr still has a temper, but as you can see, there are no fresh bruises, as he has tamed a little. I thank you much for your concern for me, my Princess. Now really I must go rest." She took her leave and returned to her room.

She lay down and tried to rest, but every time she closed her eyes, thoughts of Mrelyn's lips brushing hers before he left her invaded her mind. She knew it was wrong to be thinking about the cousin of the man she was in love with that way, but his lips had held a whisper of a promise of pleasure...She shook her head and said to herself,"No. There is no way,I couldn't possibly harm Glyndr that way. Now stop thinking about it, and think about what you must be doing wrong to make the love of your life be so angry again." She paced back and forth and then realized she had already thought of the solution, and passed it by. Mrelyn! He knew everything about his cousin. He had offered to talk to her. Maybe he could help her come up with a way to improve herself.
She sent for a maid, and told her to go and fetch Mrelyn, if he was with Lord Glyndr, be discreet about it.
She then asked another maid to come in and retrieve the torn beddind and replace it with new bedding.

By the time Mrelyn showed up, Gwenneth had taken to her balcony, hoping the breeze would make her feel better.
He stepped out onto the balcony and said quietly,"You wished to see me, dear Gwenneth?" He licked his lips to mositen them as she turned.
"yes I do." She sat on a bench and patted it besdie her. "Come talk to me about your cousin."
He sat beside her and put his arm on the back of the bench casually. "What do you wish to know?" His amber eyes flicked over her frame and then returned to smile into her eyes.
"How can I keep him from getting angry? I love him so, but he has such a temper!"
"Aye he does, sweet Gwenneth, and has his whole life. There is nothing you can do...for him."
She felt his fingers stroke the back of her neck. She shivered and turned toward him."What are you doing?"
He leaned over and brushed his lips against hers. "Nothing." he whispered.
Her heart was pounding."I belong to Glyndr, Mrelyn."
He chickled and nuzzled her ear."You belong only to yourself, my sweet. Unless Glyndr has married you, you do not belong to him." He ran his tongue over the edge of her ear.
"You shouldn't be doing this, it is not proper." She said, biting her lip, and feeling herself weakening.
"Then walk away from me, if you do not want me to flirt with you." He turned her face toward his. "Otherwise, stop complaining and kiss me."
"I can't. Glyndr-"
"Glyndr will not begrudge his cousin one kiss from the woman he beds every night. That is all I am asking for. One kiss."
She felt herself leaning toward him. then she pushed him away and stood up. "I did not ask you here for this."
He stood and said quietly," Perhaps you would like it better if I forced you to kiss me, like Glyndr gets forceful in bed."
She turned and stared at him. "You wouldn't dare kiss me that way."
He smiled. "Not now perhaps, but maybe soon...after I have a chance to ask Glyndr's permission to kiss his lovely elleth." He bowed to her and left, knowing she was on the verge of throwing him out bodily.
He met Glyndr in the hall and told him," She wouldn't let me kiss her."
Glyndr smiled and said,"Then the game is still on."

[Edited on 23/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 01:51
The two Kellquenti looked at each other with a grin, the game excited them both. "later then", Mrelyn said as he walked with Glyndr to his door, Glyndr nodded, "later".
Glyndr invited his cousin in to talk, he did not want to be alone.
"Glyndr, I'm sorry,but I must get back" Mrelyn looked back down the corridor uneasily. "I'll see you later".
The captain nodded, "Later then" he said "alright if that's how it is , later", he tried not to let the disappointment show in his voice as he let himself into his room.
Mrelyn walked swiftly back towards Gwenneth's room,
He stood outside, almost afraid to knock, he took a deep breath, then knocked lightly.
" My Lady", he said hurridly as she opened the door ,afraid she may slam it in his face. "Please, forgive me, I ..er.. well I forgot myself.. it's... well ..because ..um.. I.." he stopped, amber eyes helpless. "Oh gods I'm not making much sense am I?", He ran his hands through copper glinted hair, "Gwenneth, what I am trying to say is ,Sorry, and I do really want to help you , please trust me", He realised it all sounded so false, yet he did care, too much , it frightened him how much.
The Elf sighed, "Gwenneth you have every right to distrust me, and I don't blame you, but will you let me come in, talk to me Elleth please" his voice a genuine plea.
Glyndr sat on the bed, his head in his hands, "Gwenneth", he said softly to himself. "Oh gods what have I done?"
The empty room screamed at him , he loved her beyond death, yet he hurt her still, He hated himself for it, yet he knew that he could never tame that curse of a temper, the bane of his life.
Felyon. Glyndr would speak with his soulmate.
He flew to Felyon's room, running into the room without even knocking,
The Sylentor looked up from his reading, "Ah Glyndr, " he said without the least surprise,"Sit down", he closed his book and placed it on the table beside him.
"It's Gwenneth isn't it?" the Sylentor said calmly as he stroked the kitten on his lap.
Glyndr sat on the edge of the table , "Yes" he said, not even surprised that his soulmate would have known.
Moss green eyes looked deep into his own ice blue, "Glyndr, be very careful,she loves you,but love sometimes cannot forgive everything, treat her gently, not with aggression,yes,I know it is your nature, but if you love her,think first",
"I have hurt her , we fought" Glyndr said sadly "Gods Felyon if she should leave me.." he could not finish the sentence, he put trembling hands to his head,
Felyon placed the kitten on his chair, he went to his friend, his soulmate, "Glyndr" he hugged his friend, "listen to what I have said, try to do what I have told you, your love for her is strong, as is hers for you ,I am sure it will survive".
Glyndr returned the hug before leaving for his empty room . A room full of ghosts.
He sat onthe wide windowledge the window open to the sky.
The Kellquenti Elf waited for that all too familiar knock at his door, one he prayed he would hear.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 09:05
Gwenneth sat and talked with Mrelyn and accepted his apology. Then she told him she had a secret.
"Oh really?"
"Yes." She leaned over and pressed her lips to his. His eyes went wide and then he kissed her back. She pulled back and said, "I have been wanting to do that since I met you." She got up and told him he would have to go, she needed to go talk to Glyndr. He nodded and left the room with her, his lips still burning from the force of the kiss between them.
Glyndr finally heard the soft tapping he was praying for. He jumped to his feet and practically ran to the door. When he saw her standing there, he grabbed her and pulled her tightly against him. "I am so sorry I lost my temper again, my love. Please forgive me."
She murmured, "Don't I always forgive you, my love?" He began kissing her hungrily, and she pushed him back a bit. "We need to talk."
She sat on the windowsill with him, facing each other. "I love you, Glyndr, but I cannot keep fighting with you all the time. I am getting sick from fighting so much. Please, promise me if you get angry that you will try to curb your feelings."
Glyndr promised her that, and sealed the promise with a soft kiss, barely a touch of his lips. Then he stood up, and took her hand and got down on one knee. "Gwenneth, I swear to you now, thatIi will never again willfully hurt you with words ever again." She giggled and told him to get up.
She led him over to the bed and feigned a yawn
"Oh, is my love tired?" Glyndr rubbed her shoulders and she purred, "Oh that's nice..yes I am."
"Let me relax you then..."
A couple of hours later, there was a brief knock on the door, and Glyndr got up threw on his pants and went to the door.
He said from the door, "I'll be right back love." and slipped out into the hall.
She rolled onto her side. The fire had fallen low and there was barely any light in the room, just a shaft or two of moonlight.
Presently, The door opened and he slipped back into bed with her. She snuggled up to him, and said, "What was that all about?"
"Nothing." He murmured in her ear, licking the tip, moving down to her shoulder.
"Mmmmmmmmmmm. I must remember to have someone wake you in the middle of the night every night, meleth nin." She heard him chuckle low and seductive, and gave herself over to him again, all the while telling him over and over how much she loved him.
When he was finished, and she was exhausted, he brushed her hair back and whispered something she could not hear clearly.
When she woke up, it was morning, and Glyndr was wrapped around her, holding her tightly.

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 07:15
Mrelyn had gone to apologise for his boldness Although he had meant it, he did care about her as an Elleth, and how she felt.
When she had become the bold one and kissed him,his heart had leapt and he had returned the kiss with eagerness.
They left her room, all too soon for him, for her to go to Glyndr and he to return to the inn .
He had just passed the Sylentor's room, when Felyon appeared behind him, "Mrelyn", Felyon's soft voice stopped him, Mrelyn turned to look into concerned moss green eyes,"Mrelyn, come in we must talk."
The Kellquenti followed Felyon into his room, "Sit down", Felyon gestured towards a chair, Mrelyn sat , he felt uneasy.
"I've just made some sandwiches" Felyon smiled as he handed Mrelyn a plate, "Would you like some?"
"What are they?" Mrelyn asked, "Honey and apple" the Sylentor replied. Mrelyn took one with thanks, he loved honey.
Felyon sat opposite, the kitten hanging off the hem of his robes. Mrelyn tried to suppress a laugh, the Sylentor looked serious.
"Mrelyn, you and I know Glyndr better than he knows himself,there is something I am very concerned about".
Mrelyn looked uncomfortable, he was not sure where this conversation was leading to. "What?" he asked cautiously.
"The Elleth," Felyon ignored the kitten climbing up his leg,"Glyndr's temper is worse of late and I fear she is taking the brunt of it. I saw you with her earlier , she was crying wasn't she?".
Mrelyn nodded, "yes, that was the second time I have found her so upset"
The Sylentor looked thoughtful",I thought as much," Green eyes met amber "we must try to do what we can, She does not look well , Glyndr is cursed with a temper,we must try to calm it where we can, although I think this last bout has scared him into trying himself."
Mrelyn took a bite of his sandwich, he knew that taming Glyndr would be very difficult.

Again Mrelyn had returned very late to the Inn, the cockerel again woke him at its peril.
Unable to rest , he decided to walk the castle grounds.
He hoped that he would meet Ceinwyn , hopefully alone, he wanted to ask her to lend him a falcon for the day's hunting, but moreso he wanted to ask of another Lady of Soar, one he had not seen in a while , one he would, if the answers were favourable, be going to see very soon.
He charmed a warm poppyseed bread from a bakers maid, then sat at the fountain hoping to see the Princess.

Felyon was glad that he had found Gwenneth alone on her way to the dining hall, Glyndr again, still slept even though it was later than usual, He would be in deep trouble if Eldarion found that he had not reported for duty on time.
"My Lady", the Sylentor placed a slender hand on her arm, "May we speak a while?" he guided her into the library, then sat with her on the window seat,"Gwenneth, my dear Gwenneth" Felyon took her hands in his, his green eyes warm and full of concern,"My Lady I am concerned greatly for your health, I have noticed for quite a time that you do not look well, but I have said nothing, now Glyndr's recent temper outburst has worsened it, now I cannot keep silent, I want you to know that you can confide in me with anything, I mean anything" he smiled his comforting smile "Please Gwenneth, you cannot go on like this alone in whatever ails you, please tell me".

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:41
Gwenneth sighed at the Sylentor's question."You are the second person in as many days to inquire after my health. I am just very tired, and my stomach is troubling me a bit. Oh, excuse me a moment." She literally ran back to her room, and Felyon followed her as quickly as he could, and found she had left the door slightly ajar. The sound of her activity in the bathroom had roused Glyndr, and he was tapping on the
door.
"Gwenneth? My love, are you alright?" A moment or two later, she could be heard splashing water on her face. "I'm fine, Glyndr." He turned and looked at Felyon. "She sounded like she was getting sick."
"Perhaps she needs to see a doctor," Felyon said softly, his mind working, and he didn't like the answers it was coming up with.
She opened the bathroom door then, and Glyndr took her arm. "My love, you are terribly pale."
"I am fine, just a small stomach bug. Come, we must go to breakfast."
"Gwenneth, are you sure.." Felyon began.
"Yes, Felyon, I am sure. Come, let's go eat."
They arrived in the Dining Hall, and both Ceinwyn and Eldarion looked startled when they saw how pale Gwenneth looked. She ignored their stares and sat down to began to eat. Everything was fine until a tray of eggs was brought in. Suddenly Gwenneth turned almost green and ran from the Dining Hall. This time when she exitted the bathing rom, Glyndr barely had time to catch her before she hit hit the floor when she passed out.

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 11:32
"Gods Felyon!!" Glyndr held Gwenneth to his chest, terrified ice blue eyes met steady moss green. "Felyon help me, what is wrong?" Glyndr looked to his soulmate for help . The sensitive Sylentor already knew what the 'problem' was, or what he guessed it to be, she had not told him, but he knew.
."Get her into bed" the Sylentor said calmly, he smiled "I shall not be long" Felyon ran from the room, "Glyndr do not fear, it is not life threatening . I think that it may be life giving".
Glyndr stared after the Sylentor, not knowing what to think.
Felyon's words a mystery to him, his thoughts and fears for his flower.
He quickly and gently got her into her nightdress and into her bed, "Flower", he held her hand as he kissed her forehead, "Flower, what is it?" The Kellquenti captain had never been so afraid, so worried.Gweneth had come round but still seemed to feel the sickness.
Felyon returned quickly, he brought with him a herbal drink, He had asked Mrelyn to make it. the hunter was also skilled in the use of herbs, The Sylentor had not said who the remedy was intended for, Mrelyon knew Felyon was the one every female with any problem went to for help.
Felyon stroked Gwenneth's hair as he gave her the drink, Glyndr still sat on the bed holding her to him. "Gwenneth". the Sylentor smiled his warm smile, "drink this, it shall help with the sickness" he held her hand and kissed it, "Gwenneth, my Lady, I think now you must tell us what 'ails' you, you cannot keep it a secret any longer from me or Glyndr, others need not know, but we must now if we are to help you, Gwenneth. I think you do know what it is, please tell us"The Sylentor needed to know for certain.
Glyndr had not heard a word that Felyon had said, he was aware of him giving her a herbal medicine, his only thought that the most precious thing in his life may be ill,that she may leave him if the sickness was incurable, he could not bear that thought.
"Flower," he kissed her forehead, "Flower,my love, what is it tell me". Terrified Ice blue met warm moss green as both waited for her answer.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 11:56
Gwenneth struggled to sit up."I don't know, Felyon. I have no idea. For almost a month I have been feeling more and more tired and sicker and sicker. I do not know what is wrong with me. Perhaps Ceinwyn is right, she suggested that I see a doctor. Could you go find me one, Felyon?"
She smoothed back Glyndr's hair that had fallen in his face. "I love you, Glyndr. I promise I won't leave you."
Glyndr would not let himself cry in front of her, so he had to keep choking back tears."I won't let you."
The doctor came into the room and had everyone else leave. He examined her thoroughly and asked her a series of questions, and then patted her shoulder and told her she was not terminally ill.
He went out into the hall and drew Glyndr to the side. He spoke to him softly for a moment, and then walked away. Glyndr stood there, completely stunned.
"My friend, what is it?"
Glyndr turned and looked at them. "It seems," he said,"that my love Gwenneth," he swallowed,"is with child. My child."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 12:36
Glyndr had turned as pale as Gwenneth, he leant back against the wall ,"Oh gods" he shook his emotions in a turmoil.
Felyon went to him, he smiled his warm smile, "My friend things will now never be the same, allow her to tell who she wants and when" the Slyentor hugged his friend "Oh you wicked creature, I should have known this would happen one day, I am truly glad that Gwenneth should have been the one to hold your new life, the others have been such shallow souless conquests only, it will not be easy now, she has to tell Ceinwyn and Eldarion, what they decree we can only guess, but your love will give her the strength she needs" the Sylentor gripped Glyndr's hand, "I am afraid, yet truly pleased for you both"
Glyndr's mind was reeling ," Gwenneth!" he pushed open the door and ran to her , "My flower" he held her to him tightly "Oh Flower, thank you, thank you for the new life you hold" The brave, invincible, Kellquenti captain held her to his chest.The tears he had held back now fell in crystal rivers down his face, he knew it would not be easy now. protocol and morals, courtly decorum and expectations must be met.
Glyndr would fight for Gwenneth's position in court , even if he had to fight it out with Eldarion himself, he would not see Gwenneth thrown out, or compromised at court because she held the new life of his child, He would defy anyone to dare treat her differently now, because all too soon her 'condition' would become all too obvious to hide.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 04:30
"My love? You arehappy about this?" Gwenneth stared in wonder at the tears pouring down Glyndr's face. "My love, I am happy too. But shall we do? I will lose everything, my Lord."
"No you won't I will not allow it. I know what I have to do." He kissed her gently and smiled,"I guess I will have to be a little more gentle with you from now on." He kissed her again and left the room, hurrying to find his cousin.
"Felyon, would you go find Eldarion and Ceinwyn for me? I wish to tell them now, I will not keep this secret from them. This is not the first time a woman in a royal court has been with child when unmarried and I do not wish them to think Glyndr will abandon me."
Felyon hurried off to tell Eldarion and ceinwyn that Gwenneth needed them, and she sat in her bed, preparing her speech.
When Felyon returned with them, she smiled from her bed and said, "My Princess, my future Queen, I took your advice, and I consulted a doctor about my illness. He has discovered the cause, and it is not fatal." She smiled again, and took her deepest breath ever."However, it is not necessarily news that is going to please you, my Prince, my future King. I believe my Lady will be more understanding, I am sorry to say, although this will guarantee that my Lord Glyndr will not be physically harmful to me anymore." She looked at the two of them and teared up. "It seems that Lord Glyndr and I have been...given the gift of a child."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 12:49
Eldarion cast a brief, grim faced glance to the elven Lord as he seemed gaunt; pale. And yet pausing at the side of the elleths bed, Ceinwyn knelt on the stool at her side, resting a curious palm to her forehead as Gwenneth delivered the news. The Prince blinked in dubious bemusement initially, running a thoughtful hand along his chin yet even as the elleth's eyes moistened, an earnest smile curved warmly upon his lips, wolfish as he drew closer, one hand resting on his Queens shoulder. " That then, is the best news we have had all day - congratulations my dear" he bowed his head respectfully to Gwenneth whilst Ceinwyn drew herself straight, dignified but with that unique sparkle which saved her from appearing too rigid. " I suspected as much earlier in the gardens" she noted shrewdly, her own grin mirroring Eldarion's. " Well then things shall have to be different around here - no waiting on me that is for sure. I'll send some of your own maids to accompany you through the maternity process, perhaps for company and no doubt the midwife's will be eager to assess your progress. But truly" she added with a quiet sincerity " you will be wonderful parents. Will they not Eldarion?" she half-turned back to her betrothed who nodded, slipping an arm to her waist as his grey-blue eyes bored levelly into Glyndr's. " Yes they will. The child shall be blessed indeed to have Gwenneth as a mother...would you rather stay in here when the company from Soar arrive?" he asked attentively " we do not want to impinge any unnessesary work upon you-" he stopped as Ceinwyn rolled her eyes, tapping his chest idly " come now she's not an invalid. You men, you think pregnant women are a hazard! Gwenneth may do as she pleases and wishes" she affirmed firmly, turning a smile to the elleth. " You must be very pleased"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 04:58
Gwenneth was slightly embarrassed by the sudden attention offered her. She had been so worried about how things would look to outsiders, she had forgotten to take into account that Eldarion and Ceinwyn were her friends. "Yes, Princess I am very pleased, as is Glyndr." He came and sat next to her, taking her hand and saying,"I believe that Prince Eldarion is right. You should remain in bed as much as possible and rest, meleth nin. You don't want to overexert yourself. After all, you may well be carrying twins."
Gwenneth stared at him. "Twins?" Glyndr smiled and said,"I was not expecting you to tell me of a pregnancy, love, or I might have had time to tell you that twins run in my family. I myself had a twin. He died when we were young."
The look that crossed Eldarion's face when Glyndr said that he was a twin, made Gwenneth nearly start laughing. It was a mixture of horror and disbelief that there had been two Glyndrs at one time instead of merely the one sitting in front of him. Gwenneth turned the laugh into a smile and then said,"Love, I think I should like to get some fresh air. Could you escort me to the garden?"

[Edited on 25/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:38
Glyndr had run to find Mrelyn, he couldn't wait to tell him the news, Felyon had told him where to find the hunter.
The captain found him exactly where Felyon said he would be, still at the fountain, Mrelyn had not seen Ceinwyn , he had decided to stay a litle longer before going in search of her himself.
He looked up as Glyndr bounded to him, the captain's ice blue eyes as bright as the sunlight on the fountain.
"Glyndr , what is it ? you look positively happy, something must be wrong",he teased.
Mrelyn almost fell into the fountain as Glyndr told him the news.
Mrelyn grinned a wide grin as he slapped Glyndr hard on the back, "You sneaky little rat, you kept that quiet!"
Glyndr's grin matched his cousin's. "I didn't, I've only just found out myself, got to get back," he darted away, "see you later to celebrate".
The red haired Elf watched his cousin leave,he shook his head, He was pleased for Glyndr, he had never seen him so happy.
Glyndr returned just before Ceinwyn and Eldarion arrived, he was relieved to hear that they both congratulated them,and welcomed the news.
Glyndr met Eldarion's cold stare with one equally as cold. the icy coolness still between them, one that may never heal.
After the Prince and Princess left, Glyndr sat on the windowsill while Gwenneth dressed to go out to the gardens. He had never been so happy in his life, only one other thing would make him happier.He needed the right time.
They walked to the gardens, Glyndr's arm around her protectively. Mrelyn was still there, he ran to hug Gwenneth, "Congratulations" he grinned "I am so happy for you, I pity the child inheriting Glyndr's foul temper"
Glyndr shoved his cousin's shoulder playfully," the child will inherit my wonderful personality and extraordinary beauty, NOT my temper".
Mrelyn left them to go to the castle,he was determined to speak with Ceinwyn, he promised to meet Gwenneth and Glyndr later.
The Kellquenti captain, sat at the fountains edge , his arm around Gweneth "My Flower",he said softly as he took her hands in his, "you have given me a gift so rare and beautiful,one I shall love as much as I love you" Ice blue eyes looked deep into her emerald, a blue flame burned in their depth, "Flower, one more thing would make my happiness complete," he paused to take a deep breath, "Take all the time you need to answer what I have to ask you, I do not expect an answer immediately, Flower, I want you to be my wife ,shall you make that love match with me?.
Mrelyn spoke with one of Ceinwyn's ladies -in-waiting, he asked that the Princess may find time to speak with him.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 08:19
"Take all the time you need to answer what I have to ask you, I do not expect an answer immediately, Flower, I want you to be my wife ,shall you make that love match with me?."

Gwenneth was stunned. So stunned in fact that she had to sit down. Right then. She sat in the middle of the path and stared up at Glyndr. "You..you want me..to be your wife?" Glyndr smiled and nodded. "Glyndr, are you sure?"
He knelt next to her. "Of course I am sure, as I am sure I have never loved anyone the way that I love you. I will be patient and await your decision , my love."
"Yes!" She suddenly threw her arms around his neck. "Yes, I will marry you!"
His smile widened, and they began to kiss, strong and passionate. She pulled back from him and said, "Glyndr, what was your brother's name? I think if we have a son, we should name him after your brother."
"And if we have twin boys?" he grinned wickedly.
Gwenneth laughed."If we have twin boys, one after you and Felyon , the other after your brother and Mrelyn."
She started to cry suddenly, and Glyndr was confused. "My love, what is it?"
"I..I am ju..just so hap...happy!" she sobbed, burying her face in his neck.
Glyndr shook his head, and wrapped his arms around her. Silly elleth, he thought. My sweet, silly elleth.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 09:01
Glyndr's world was complete, Gwenneth had agreed to be his wife, He held her close as she cried tears of happiness"Elleths!" he thought ,"I shall never understand them fully"
They still sat on the path, people gave them strange looks as they passed.
"My brother's name was Castlyn", Glyndr said quietly, even after all the years it still hurt deeply to think of his lost twin, The terror of that last hour that they suffered at the hands of the slavers, his brother's screams , still haunted his soul. He could not help Castlyn, he had to hide their sister Felaine from the slavers, they had already taken their mother, Guilt stayed with him that he had not tried to save his brother.
"we must set a date, " he said with a smile, "The Prince and Princess marry soon ,perhaps we shall talk of dates after their wedding?"
Felyon ran towards them a flash of emerald silks and pale hair, "Ah there you are, I have been looking everywhere for you ", he stopped, a look of confusion on his face, "Oh what is wrong?" why is Gwenneth crying? why are you sitting in the middle of the path?"
Felyon sat down with a bump to join them as Glyndr gave his friend the news, "Oh gods" the Sylentor rubbed his forehead "That's two shocks in one day I cannot cope! , this is too much for me".
they eventually managed to stand and make their way back to the castle, There were preparations bieng made, the visitors from Soar would be arriving soon.
Glyndr hoped that the gathering enemy would stay away for a while longer, and that the Royal wedding could take place before war began.
"Felyon", Glyndr said as they reached the steps, "go with Gwenneth, I have some work to finish at the barracks,as I was late this morning, meet us all later to celebrate".
The captain kissed Gwenneth, "I shan't be long Flower, Felyon shall keep you company, unless you have more work from that damned Prince!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 11:05
Gwenneth went back to Felyon's room with him, where she had a chance to play with the kitten and he filled her with honey cakes till she felt she would burst. He did his imitation of what Glyndr would do when the time came for her to give birth, which had her rolling around in hysterical laughter, since he was being even more flamboyant than normal.
He was glad to see her laughing so much. He had been so worried about her.
"So, I know this is probably a silly question, but has Glyndr ever wanted to marry anyone else?" She asked after she had a chance to stop laughing.
"Oh, NO! I never thought I would see the day when Glyndr fell for someone hard enough to want to marry them. And to be expecting a child at the same time? Oh I have never seen him so happy. You have changed him, Gwenneth. He is happy now.He is in love."
The two of them lay there on the bed, the kitten pouncing on their braids and killing them, rolling across them and dropping to the floor, which made them start laughing again.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 01:41
"Gwenneth", Felyon turned his head to look at her,his warm smile matched in moss green eyes,"I am so pleased that you are the one to steal his heart" The kitten wriggled her rear end and pounced on his hand,wrapping her furry body around his wrist, killing her prey,Felyon squealed as needle sharp teeth and pinprick claws dug into his hand. the kitten stopped in surprise,, she stared at him, then settled herself between him and Gwenneth, a purring ball of ginger fur who loved and trusted, Felyon, and Gwenneth ,two Elves she adored. "Gwenneth," Felyon laughed softly, " If you would like a kitten of your own ,I should gladly buy you one at the next market, in fact ,come with me and you shall choose one yourself!" The Sylentor looked worried , concern clouded green eyes.
Felyon wanted to tell Gwenneth of Glyndr's life, his loves his fears,everything about him, but he was afraid. He knew his soulmate perfectly,Gwenneth, he feared,may not understand their closeness , as many did not , and those creatures spread vicious rumours.She may have heard of them, he trusted she did not believe them.
"Gwenneth, my Lady" he risked the trust he felt in her, "Glyndr is a mystery to most, you, I feel know him better than anyone I know, ask me anything that you need to know of his past, I shalll answer",he will not mind me telling you,"he smiled "Forewarned is forearmed!"
Mrelyn still waited, he must know of Ceinwyn's cousin. He hoped the Princess could tell him of her, wherabouts, and whether her husband was away on diplomatic business of Soar, whether he had left her again ,for weeks on political business."Princess please allow me to speak with you"!!, he prayed to his gods, that Ceinwyn would give him news of 'the other jewel'of her lands.

Glyndr rushed through the boring paperwork,cursing frequently .Finally giving up in desperation.
He left his office to return to the castle
It suddenly hit him. War.
War may come uponthem soon, he would be called away to fight for a land that was not his own, yet one he must hold an alliegence to." "Gwenneth", the thought of her alone , possibly in danger while he was away fighting at the borders tore at his heart.
Valar!, he prayed that war would never happen, that the enemy, the darkness would leave the lands, A false hope, he knew it.
Glyndr put all thoughts of war aside as he ran to the castle, Tonight they would celebrate.

[Edited on 25/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 09:02
"Oh I would love a kitten, Felyon. That is so sweet of you!" Gwenneth said softly. Then she became thoughtful. "Felyon, why is Glyndr so angry and hateful? I know something happened to him in the past, and I know his brother died, but what happened? Especially when you take into account that he seems to despise Eldarion for more than anything the Prince has ever done?" She was going to say more, but just the Glyndr breezed into the room and said," Come on , Love, Felyon, we are going to find Mrelyn and go out and celebrate our good fortune. My gorgeous elleth has agreed to marry me, and my hope for a family is coming true as well."
He began dancing around the room with Gwenneth, and dragged Felyon out the door as well. They ran into Mrelyn, and Glyndr swept him up into the party as well, hissing to him,"the Princess is preparing for her parents to come, relax, you will find out soon enough. Besides," he said,"it's not like you will not have your needs met somehow."
"True," said Mrelyn, so he tried to get into the spirit of things. Gwenneth was not allowed to drink, and Glyndr cut way back on the amount he drank for her benefit, so she would not have to return to the palace with three drunken men.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 07:51
It was again late when they left the Inn to return to the palace.
Mrelyn walked with them, the Inn had been hot and smoky, he needed the fresh air, he walked ahead with Glyndr, Felyon following with Gwenneth.
The two cousins shoving each other in fits of giggles over an incident involving a pompous Royal guard which left the guard in a very embarrassing situation.
"My Lady", Felyon walked arm in arm with Gwenneth, "You asked me why Glyndr is always so angry,and is so vindictive and resentful towards the Prince",the Sylentor brushed a stray lock of pale hair from his face as he turned to look at her, "You were right to think that it had something to do with the death of his brother," Felyon spoke quietly, so the others would not hear,not that they could,with the noise they were making.
"It happened when he was young,his father,the Lord of West Marin ,was away on business,there had been warnings of slavers in the area, wicked humans who took mainly Elves to sell at very high prices to other races.
A group managed to get into the mansion , Glyndr's mother ran with her children to lock themselves in a room, The men bashed at the door, she told them to hide,she knew the slavers would get in.
Glyndr, Castlyn and Felaine hid under a table and had to watch as the men dragged their mother away,Glyndr and Castlyn wanted to go to her, to fight for her, Castlyn stopped Glyndr, he told him to protect their sister.
Glyndr could only watch as his brother faced six men.
They took Castlyn's body with them.
Glyndr feels still the terror of that time, he feels deep guilt at not going to his brother's defence,He could not, or three lives would have been lost , not just one".
Felyon took a deep breath. "that is why he hates the race of men with such passion, why he is so cold towards the Prince"
The Sylentor smiled, "He has you now, he has a new life to care for, he is not alone anymore"
They reached the palace, Glyndr and Mrelyn chased each other up the steps,full of high spirits.
Felyon followed with Gwenneth in a more sedate fashion, "Don't forget, we have a kitten to buy tomorrow",
Felyon grinned, he was as excited as Gwenneth at the idea.

[Edited on 26/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 12:35
Gwenneth went to her room, arther than follow the two of the to Glyndr's. She begged off, telling him she was tired, and she wanted to sleep. He kissed her forehead and told her to rest and that he would be in shortly, he also warned her he would be drinking.. She said "Okay, but not too much." He smiled and reassured her.
She woke up sometime later, as he was caressing her skin, and kissing her neck. They enjoyed each other and then she fell back to sleep. He woke her again in the early morning hours, just as dawn was breaking, and pleasured her again. She smiled and stretched and placed her head on his chest, and said softly,"Glyndr, do you love me?"
He kissed her forehead and said,"Of course."
"I love you too. Tell me about your brother."
He became very quiet and his grip on her shoulder tightened briefly, and then he said softly,"Not now, love." He wrapped his arms around her and went to sleep.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 06:28
Ceinwyn paused at the sound of Mrelyn's voice but somewhere the tug of Eldarion clutched at her stomach as she offered the elf a soft smile before drifting of back to her own chambers where a sultry, steaming bath was waiting for her. Easing into the shallows with a reckless, airy sigh, she ran her fingers through her damp hair, wriggling her toes in unselfish delight as the maids left, leaving the Princesss a privacy she'd so often craved. Eldarion leaned idly against the post of her bed, arching a teasing eyebrow as she turned to face him, lips curved into a sensuous promise. " I thought you'd be waiting here..." she noted quietly " all the paperwork boring his royal highness now is it? Dear, dear.." she tutted playfully, splashing a palm of water at his velvet doublet. Eldarion grinned, parried the blow, and crouched down beside the bath, one hand tracing the smooth contours of her cheek. " What is paperwork when there is you? Today my love - today your parents will be here. But" he prodded a finger through the air and motioned to the adjacing door. " Someone else is here already. Make haste Ceinwyn. I think this is someone whom will give you much joy" he smiled as her eyes widened, and her strokes of buffing her arms and legs with the soapy water became brisker, her face alight with urgency as she stood dripping from its depths and Eldarion wrapped the silken robe about her slender frame. Once clad in her state robes of topaz blue with her hair tamed beneath a silver veil, her body relaxed as the smaller, curvacious figure of her cousin Edith bounded in, dark haired and blue eyed as was the way with Soarian women. Ceinwyn was a rare exception. The same sheen of spirited wildness radiated from the sculpted beauty of her stance though hers was perhaps, alittle reckless and certainly less prone to govern her emotions unlike her cousin. " The mantle of Queenship has smoothed you already - but it is a good change. And small" Edith noted warily, bobbing her head to Eldarion only breifly. A blunt dissapproval seemed to probe her eyes as they scanned him, still bitter with the loss of her closest friend and her country's most prized gem. Now she was stuck in this drafty, gilded cave with no-one but a few serfs for company. Edith however, did not think to wager that Ceinwyn loved Eldarion and it was with a mild bemusement was she saw, quite profoudly, that it was so. " Ah" she grinned wolfishly as the Prince's hand encircled Ceinwyn's waist. " No matter - all women fall prone to love at some point or another I suppose" she shrugged, pacing over to the heath. " Is Victor not with you?" Ceinwyn asked with cautious distaste, easing into a relived smile when her cousin shook her head. " He'll not come to Gondor. He sees it as bending some of his precious principles" her upper lip curled blandly. " Still - I hear there are to be banquets of every kind here and dancing. And whilst the cat is away..." she mused sultry, her thoughts diverting tangibly to a certain copper haired elf. Now where, she wondered, was he?
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 07:04
Glyndr woke a short time later, he lay on his back , his fingertips idly playing with a lock of Gwenneth's hair.
She had asked him of his brother.Too many times recently had he been reminded of Castlyn, of the death of his twin, he did not want to think of the terrible moments, not now, not when his life at last held some hope, some happiness.
He would tell her soon,she had a right to know.
The captain kissed her softly, before slipping away to wash and dress,He was not due at the barracks until later, he had bribed Kellyn to take charge until he returned.
He was going hunting with Mrelyn for an hour or two.
He met his cousin at the stables, "Glyndr", Mrelyn greeted Glyndr with a grin, "Well I never thought to see you , I never thought that you would get out of bed," the grin widened, "Or should I say WANT to get out of bed".
Glyndr narrowed his eyes "And I never thought to see you with the amount that you drank last night",the captain pushed his cousin playfully as he took Sylstar from a stable lad,They had ordered that the horses be made ready early.
Ember bounded over to Glyndr and placed his front paws on Glyndr's shoulders to greet him with a lick on his chin. the long legged, hound stood as tall as Glyndr when it stood on its hind legs.
Glyndr ruffled the rough, russet coat and spoke to the hound in Kellquenti, he was fond of animals, and besides Sylstar, he had a black cat, apropriately named Warlock, the tomcat hardly ever around, appearing and disappearing mysteriously from time to time,Warlock had yet to meet Felyon's kitten.
The two Kellquenti rode through the east gate towards the distant forest, Mrelyn was after non Royal deer.They spoke as they rode of their favourite subject, their 'game'.
As they reached the forest edge Ember caught the scent. A small deer leapt from cover , they gave chase.
The deer led them a good chase over a great disatnce and showed no sign of tiring, The dense woodland hampering Mrelyn's aim with his bow.
"Mrelyn" Glyndr called , "I must get back, I dare not stay away too long, I'll see you back at the city", Glyndr turned Sylstar's head back towards the path they had taken,
"See you later then!" Mrelyn flashed a grin over his shoulder as he flew in the chase.Mrelyn also did not want to be away too long , a certain lady may be visiting the Princess. He was eager to find out.He prayed to his gods that if she was there that her husband was not with her.
The captain rode at a steady pace until he came to a dense patch of undergrowth, a river on one side and a deep ditch on the other, He slowed the stallion to a walk as he rode into the shallow water, the only way round.
He shivered, his Elven intuition warning him of danger, Sylstar laid back his ears and snorted angrily, prancing sideways.
"Orc!" Glyndr turned Sylstar sharply as an Orc leapt out of the bushes, A hideous, yellow eyed, brute , a lone scout that now aimed a crossbow at the Kellquenti captain.
Sylstar reared, screaming, as the bolt shot past his neck, grazing Glyndr's shoulder, Glyndr stuggled to steady the war horse as he reared , his hooves slipping on the loose gravel in the stream, Sylstar slid , he fell sideways splashing onto his side in the river.
Glyndr only just managed to leap from the stallion's back,or he would have been crushed, he fell heavily into the deep ditch.
He lay where he fell.
The Orc loped to the edge its crossbow aimed at Glyndr's chest. The bolt flew wild as the creature was trampled to a pulp by iron shod hooves.
Sylstar stayed at the ditch , he would not leave Glyndr.
Felyon rushed to get ready, he couldnt wait to find Gwenneth , Today's market was special.
Once a month traders came from other cities,and other lands to trade in spices, gems and jewellry,amongst many other foreign delights. The Sylentor would be in his heaven.
He almost ran to find the Elleth, he had promised her a kitten and he wanted her to choose her own.
Mrelyn returned a while later, the deer slung over Kestrel's neck. The red haired Elf looked anxiously around, hoping to see the one he prayed would be there with the Soarian visitors,
As he rode towards the stables, he glanced up to one of the tall arched windows of the palace.
His heart mised a beat.as he saw a woman at the window.
It was her!

[Edited on 27/3/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 27/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 12:26
Gwenneth came flying down the steps toward Mrelyn, an anxious look on her face. She saw him staring up to one of the windows, and grabbed his chin in her hand to get his attention. "Mrelyn, where is Glyndr?"
"What do you mean? He came back some time ago."
"No he didn't. The stable boy told me the two of you went hunting. He never came back, Mrelyn."
He stared at her emerald eyes and saw the panic in them. He glanced back up at the window and then back at Gwenneth.
Gwenneth eyes narrowed dangerously. "Never mind. I see where your concern lies. I'll find someone else to locate your cousin." She started to turn away, and then stopped. "Don't ever enter my room again in the dark of night, Mrelyn, if you could care less about your own kin that you have been sharing me with." He stared at her. "Why do you think I kissed you that day? I wanted to see if I was right. That kiss proved who it was that had been sharing my bed and being so gentle. Too bad your heart isn't always that caring."
She turned and ran to the barracks, explained what had happened to Kellyn, and then went to the stables and mounted up. She was going along. When they reached the gates, she said a soft prayer that they would find him, and that he would still be alive. She could feel in her heart that something terrible had happened to him.

They had split into two groups, and Gwenneth was beginning to lose hope. She fought back hot tears, as they searched, calling Glyndr's name. Two of the members of his Kellquenti guard flanked her, not speaking but occasionally reaching over and clasping her shoulder when her voice would break.
A rider came from the other direction, shouting, "Lady Gwenneth! Lady Gwenneth!"
She turned in her saddle. "We found him , Lady Gwenneth, He is badly hurt and unconscious." The group raced to where Glyndr's body was. Gwenneth slid from the saddle with a sob, dropping to her knees in the ditch, and cradling his head. "Glyndr! Oh, meleth nin, meleth nin!"
Kellyn put his hand on her shoulder. "We need to move him. Now. It was an orc that attacked him, apparently Sylstar trampled it to death. But there are more coming. We need to go, NOW, Lady Gwenneth."
He helped her back onto Windseeker, and handed her Sylstar's reins. "Go back now, get a healer ready, and get Prince Eldarion away from his company somehow and tell him what's happened. GO."
Gwenneth said a few words in Elvish to Windseeker and the horse took off at a run, Sylstar beside her. She gave Windseeker his full head and worried only about keeping her seat.
They arrived back at the city, and when she slid from Windseeker's back, she immediately ran to tell the healers what was going on, and then, just so she would not get a disapproving look from anyone, she changed into a clean dress and went to Ceinwyn's quarters and asked to speak with Eldarion for a moment. When he came out into the hall, she said, softly, "My Lord Prince, i wish it were not for me to tell you of this, but Lord Glyndr went hunting this morning with Lord Mrelyn. Apparently on his way back, Lord Glyndr was attacked by an orc scout. He is being brought back now by members of his guard that went willingly with me to find him. There is another problem. There is a group of orcs on their way to the border. We could all sense them, and smell them. I am sorry I have to tell you this at this time, when it is supposed to be nothing but happiness for you, but I didn't think you would want the news of enemies massing to go unspoken, especially since that area is open to the passage of both commoners and nobles."
Her emerald eyes spilled out their tears then and she choked out, "I must now go pray for the life of my beloved, as I do not know if he still lives."
She turned on her heel and ran sobbing to her room, retreating to her balcony, sobbing and staring off into the direction of the gates.

[Edited on 27/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 11:04
Eldarion noted her comments with a brisk but sullen nod, the mantle of unnerving calm easing over his senses as the threat of battle loomed ominously closer, tainting the air with a tangible sourness. For a few precious minutes he paced beside the hearth, head propped up by his fingers as they ran along his chin, eyes veiled in thier misted silence. Orcs. Here - in the provinces. How they devil did they get that far? he cursed inwardly, shaking his head as the door was prodded open and Ceinwyn's willowy figure became apparent. She eyed him with all the distant warmth of a Queen waiting on her King and yet as she drew nearer, the gleam of intellect settled in her sharp eyes. " Your people would be mere hours away from where the ocrs are supposed to be massing...I could not get there in time. So we must look to something else" he sighed dourly whilst Ceinwyn moved over to the arched window, silently." Light a single beacon on your foremost hill and raise a purple flag behind it. My father will understand it's meaning; it translates in your tongue as ' watch everything - enemy alert'. Eldarion its our only chance to safe them" she half-turned but the urgency in her tones fell on a spirit of the Prince famed for his compassion. " So be it" he bowed his dark, tousled head, calling over a senteniel from outside in the draftee corridors and passing the order. Very soon Eldarion's words were echoed from solider to solider, to the footmen poised at the city's gates to the lone standard bearer setting down his flags and moving to the top most beacon. Scratching two tinder twigs together he set it to a torch before this, in turn, was thrust into the bundle of bracken, promptly merging into a smouldering furnace. Standing a few meters behind the beacon, he took the purple flag and positioned it against the stone wall, fastening the wooden pole it blew upon, with pliable sprigs of ivy, storng and durable. Now, with the warning sent as far as they eye could see, it rested on the shoulders of Soar to see thier King safetly through Gondor's gates. And all the Prince could do as he drew his betrothed close, was wait.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 12:35
The copper haired Elf stared ,She knew of their 'game', he stpped back a pace as he ran a hand through fire tinted hair,"gods," he thought," what now? what will she do?",
The thought suddenly thrown aside as the reality and seriousness of her real message hit him hard, Glyndr had not returned, a cold fear gripped his heart.
Mrelyn watched as Gwenneth ran for the barracks,he too turned and ran , to the stables , his cousin must be found.

Glyndr felt sick,as a hazy blur returned for a moment to clarity,he was aware vaguely that he lay on his back in icy shallow water in a deep ditch, he tried to move, he must not stay here, Orcs were close.
A bolt of pain shot through him like ice fire, every nerve screaming in agony,The Elf was aware of Sylstar's soft muzzle nudging him as he fell back into darkness and oblivion.
Faintly , he heard someone call his name, drawing him back from the darkness,"Gwenneth", he said her name softly, It was her soul that called to his.
Glyndr returned briefly to consciousness, aware now that he lay on soft warmth not cold hard stone. Gwenneth was there, cradling his head in her arms. "Gwenneth, it hurts", he said it so quietly that he knew she had not heard him.
Darkness took him again as Kellyn took him from her.
Mrelyn had only just approached the stables when Felyon ran to him. the Sylentor in a terrible frantic, state, "Mrelyn, Oh our Gods! he is hurt, I know it!!"
Felyon had such a strong bond with Glyndr he could feel it when something was wrong.
Mrelyn looked at the distraught Sylentor with the same fear in his own amber eyes. "I am going to search for him , I know the path he took.
Felon ran with him, he was going too.
They had ridden some distance when they saw Gwenneth riding at speed towards the city,Sylstar at her side.
"Oh gods no" Mrelyn whispered as he took a shuddering breath.
Felyon's weeping behind him,told him the Sylentor feared the same.
Urging the horses forward, they followed the path, they had not gone far when they met Kellyn and the Kellquenti guards,
Mrelyn's heart was gripped again in cold fear as he saw that Kellyn held Glyndr in front of him on his horse, the captains beautiful long hair now matted with blood.
"Orcs" Kellyn spat the word. "and more massing at the borders"
Mrelyn just nodded, his hate for the foul creatures growing, his longbow would now find a different quarry.
They returned to the city,Kellyn took Glyndr to the healers, a weeping Felyon with him, the Sylentor would not leave Glyndr's side.
Mrelyn ran to find Gwenneth, She met him half way as she flew towards them."Gwenneth...I.." he began, he could not finish the sentence.
He went with Gwenneth and Felyon. He was not allowed to stay long, the healers allowing only Gwenneth to stay.
Mrelyn walked to the gardens, he needed time to think, Felyon had gone to his room and locked himself in , he sobbed bitterly as if nothing would ever make him happy again.
The copper haired Elf wandered the gardens , his thoughts in a turmoil, he did not see the figure approach him, and was only aware of her presence when a pale hand touched his arm, and an alltoo familiar voice spoke softly too him in a sultry tone,"Mrelyn".
The "Elf looked up into blue eyes, ones that he could never forget, ones that had looked into his so many times before.
"Edith" his voice a whisper, he put a strong , tanned hand to stroke her face. "Then it was you I saw"
She nodded as she took his hand.
They walked in the walled gardens, speaking of shared memories, smiling as they recalled the past,
Too soon it was time for her to return to the house, she should not have been out alone, they would be worried.
"Edith" Mrelyn said. a desperation in his voice,"Edith..I."
The Elf ignored protocol and manners, he pulled her to him, pushing her back against the soft brick of the walls as he kissed her. The kiss held all of the passion as it always had done . it had lost none of its fire.
He stepped back with a smile, amber eyes bright flame "Hello Edith, welcome to Gondor".

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 02:27
Edith's senses seemed to melt beneath the wild freedom his familiar lips brought to her soul as she returned it's passion ardently, pale small hands, running across his chest until, pulling back, she eyed him with blunt curisoity, shoulders drawn proudly back. " My I never expected to see you here - and neither would my husband where he present; which he is not" she added idly, though her voice became sharp. " And I suppose you think because of this you think we can couple when and where we please....how so you take for granted" she arched a sulky brow until, flicking a tendril of dark, deep brown hair, she strode over to the nearest flower bed." So what has brought you to Gondor? Come to witness my cousin's crowning. It is tomorrow when I shall be blood related to the Queen of Gondor" she noted proudly, her eyes teasing as they rested on his face. " How do you find Ceinwyn? Fair is she not?" she goaded, turning her smile from him as she turned a rose in her palm. " Ah dear, dear Victor" she mused dryly " stuck in Soar all on his own...whatever shall I do to keep myself occupied" she sighed wistfully, biting her lower lip as Edith swung round sultry to face Mrelyn. " Perhaps" she voiced slowly, moving towards him " I shall find myself a lover - for I am a woman of Soar and such is not frowned upon in my misted country. It is my choice" she smiled deliciously, voice barely above a whisper as she paced a circle about the elf and inclined her lips to hover above his ear. " It always has been. Though of late, I must confess. I have been a good chooser"

King Hector of Soar entered the gates of Gondor to rapt, muffled applause, thier banner of the eagle fluttering poigantly in the breeze, the bearded, broad shouldered King cantering expertly to the main courtyard as the cheers of the crowds merged into a incoherant babble behind them. Sliding from his saddle, he clapped gloved hands brusquely together, eyes darting anxiously for the sight of his beloved only daughter; the Jewel he'd sent forth barely months ago to wed a stranger. Blanching even now at the act of saciliage to his daughter's pride, his composure remained distant, etheral as Ceinwyn's brother and the heir to Soar's throne stood agitated and restless by his side. The blood of both was tainted with the wild freedom of thier forefathers, the independance of spirit which was so enduring even in thier women. And here, in a place where women were prized as possesions and men counted for thier courtly words, they had never seemed so forgien. So mythical. Still, he mused wistfully, an alliance with Gondor must be forged - the future depends on a united front and my country must re-surface from the depths of legend. The arched, wrought iron doors opened with a shrill creak then as Ceinwyn, spirited and fair as ever, darted out from the shadowy confines of stone and leapt into her father's avid embrace, Eldarion exchanging an earnest grin with her brother, Bors. " I hope" the Prince added in an anxious undertone as he led the royal party to thier chambers " the beacon caught your eyes in time. It was all we could do..." he sighed dourly but Hector winked, shrugged and cast a careful glance over his shoulder. " We dealt with them well enough for my warriors are of the best stock and lineage. But I think we have only curbed a growing rebellion - the tip of the iceburg as it were. Still, you have kept my Ceinwyn safe and well ( as of course you should) and for that you have my eternal blessings. Nothing will spoil this day Lord Eldarion" he smiled earnestly, as the Prince nodded, regal and diplomatic in his own right. " No. No it shall not" he added, making a mental note to visit Gwenneth and Glyndr as soon as the Soarian party were settled. By the Valar, he prayed inwardly, don't tear them apart now...
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 06:20
Mrelyn fixed Edith with a sharp glance as she suggested that he take their previous relationship as lovers for granted.
"Ah, my fickle maid, you take it upon yourself to assume that it is taken for granted?" he narrowed his eyes, "I do not assume , I know that it is, and shall be, regardless whether that insignificant , passionless mortal of a husband of yours be here or not"
The Elf followed her as she walked to the flower beds.He leant against the wall, his arms folded ,as he watched her, a smile forming as he took in her wonderfully curvacious form, "I am here to visit my cousin Glyndr, the captain of the Kellquenti Guard" his smile faded as he thought of Glyndr, now in the care of the healers,"My visit is timed in coincidence to the crowning, and", he paused as he arched an eyebrow, "perfectly timed with yours".
Mrelyn pushed his fire tinted hair back as he walked towards her, "Ah yes, the Princess, " he said slowly, "Yes, Oh yes she is truly beautiful, more fair in body and heart than most women could not even dream of becoming," he smiled wickedly as he teased her in response to her goading of him.
The hunter watched her as she circled him telling him she must find herself a lover , his heartbeat frantic as she whispered close to his ear.
He turned suddenly, gripping her by the wrist, he pulled her to him sharply,"You little minx," amber eyes bore deep into blue, "you play games with me, you tease me with veiled words and tempting touches, Oh ,I can play games too", he nipped her ear, his voice a soft growl, he caught her hand as she made to slap him.
"Edith you know that I shall give you many things to occupy your time, you shall not have time to be bored,"
The Kellquenti kissed her again as he pulled her hard, close to him ,"And don't you forget it", he smiled , a wicked glint in amber eyes.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 06:37
Gwenneth had been sitting there alone save the healers, woth Glyndr for some time. There was no change. Blood had soaked throught he bandgae on his head twice already, since he had been brought there. She sat, silently crying, prayers in her thoughts, staring at his face.
One of the healers had suggested a tray be brought in to her, so she could eat, but it sat there untouched on the side table. She couldn't bring herself to eat.
She was roused long enough from her reverie to be told that Felyon was at the door to the room, asking for her. She went over to the door and slipped out into the hall.
"Gods, Gwenneth, how is he?" Felyon was wringing his hands, and hegrabbed the elleth by the shoulders.
"Not good, Felyon. He is pale, he has not regained consciousness, his head wound is still bleeding, his breathing is shallow..." She sighed."I am afraid we are going to lose him."
Felyon wailed and began to sob again, holding Gwenneth close for a moment and then running back to his room, nearly running over two maids in the process.
Gwenneth returned to her silent vigil at Glyndr's bedside, alone.

Elboron had heard what had happened to the captain of the Kellquenti Guard as soon as he arrived at the castle, returning from his trip back to Ithilien. Fortunately, he had not encountered any orcs, other than dead ones. As he greeted Eldarion, his mind was on Gwenneth..if only he dared to go see her....

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:47
" And here was me thinking you may have actually loved me" Edith retorted dryly, punching his stomach as she wriggled free and stepped backwards, cold but stunning as she sauntered back away from him, pushing the rose behind her ear. " You do me little justice Mrelyn. I do not play games with you: I never have....I am merely amusing you" she teased stoutly as a cluster of eager eyed Gondorian soliders tustled past, watching the sulty, curvy form of Edith as she offered them a slow smile before snapping her blunt deep blue eyes back to the elf's slender frame. So masculine in its prowess - so magnetic as it seemed to call to her senses, pull on the passion which had led them to each other in those misty, lonely nights in the castle of Soar's gardens. Shaking the memories from her head, she sighed somewhat restlessly, the white hem of her gown frothing about her ankles in the gathering breeze, loose tendrils of hair wrapping about her waist. " Use me such as you just did once more and you shall never take a lover again" she warned icily, fingers tracing the creamy bareness of her neck as she brushed the hair free. " I am of royal blood - not the commoners usually to your taste" when laughing recklessly at his last comment she offered him a sensuous smile, alluring even in her distance. " Oh I shan't forget - I never forget you know that. And so; how have you been diverting yourself since we last..met?" she enquired languidly, leaning against one of the twisted oak trees in perfect idleness.

King Hector was ushered courteously to his chambers, Ceinwyn staying poised by his side as the Rohirric party filed out from the arched stone walls and moved into the gardens, famished after a weeks hard riding, the Lady Arwen and Lord Elessar striding beside the recently crowned Elfwine and his wife, Dian. Eldarion himself, anxious and devoid of a sense of bliss with his foremost Captain ill, pryed the door of the healing chamber open, smiling softly as he moved to stand at Gwenneth's shoulder. Very quietly, he crouched down to where she sat alone, took her in his arms and eased her sobs into a muffled continuous sigh. " Hush there - think of your child. They will know thier father I can feel it - this is not Glyndr's time to go Gwenneth. I know it" he urged earnestly, blessed with the astute elven senses of his mother, his entire being sure that the elf lord, the formidable Glyndr would not yet fall prey to the shadow. " What have the healers given him?" he frowned curiously, bending over to examine the head wound and sighing. " The cloth needs to be changed - other then that it is for the elf lord to pull himself clear. And he will " he added confidantly, a smile forming clearly upon his lips, a devout friend until the last.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 09:10
Gwenneth allowed herself to be pulled into Eldarion's arms, and continued crying, as though his presence as a friend allowed them to continue.
"They dressed the wound with an herbal balm they said would stop the bleeding, but it hasn't. They gave him a tonic earlier, made with athelas, I believe, to deaden the pain. He looks so pale..."her voice dropped off, as tears overcame her again. "I want to believe he will be okay, but after everything we have been through together, it seems our luck has got to be wearing thin by now." She took the cloth from his head, and dropped it in a bowl of water tinged with the pink residue of blood, and retrieved a fresh one from a second bowl of clean water. She turned to Eldarion and closed her eyes, "as she said softly,"What will I do if he dies Eldarion? What if you are wrong?" She opened her eyes again as tears made fresh tracks on her light skin. "I don't want to live if he dies, Eldarion. "I could not handle a life of endless sorrow, raising his child, perhaps his twins, all alone." She looked at the floor and took a breath and then said softly,"I tell you this as my King, because i know the laws of Gondor. To take one's own life is against the law. I know that should I try and fail, that I could be punished. I am asking you now, as my friend, not my King..if he dies, please do not allow anyone to stop me from doing what I must." She grasped his hands, and looked pleadingly at him. "Promise me, Eldarion, please. "
When he hesitated, she turned away and went to the balcony, and stepped out into the fresh air and leaned on the balcony, tears starting to fall again, as she waiting for his response.

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 10:18
"Edith," Mrelyn flinched as she punched him, for such a delicate, creature she had some strength." Love you?" he smiled."I think you know the answer to that",the eager, warm, smile answered for him
The Elf glared at the passing soldiers, "Damn mortals," he swore under his breath, a jealousy he thought never to have had surfacing for a second,"Do you love me?" he almost snapped,amber eyes flashed "Or does that oh, so sensuous smile that you so freely give to those common soldiers belie what you say? Amuse me you say? I am not amused by it".
Mrelyn softened, " come now we must not fight, we have been apart for so long.let us find again what we once had, even if you do threaten me" he laughed softly, "Hmm Royal blood, that's what makes you so alluring" The Elf teased as he walked towards her as she leant against the tree.
He leant against the other side of the oak. "What have I been diverting myself with? Hunting mostly, the challenge of the chase is always exciting, the kill exquisite" Mrelyn smiled wickedly to himself.
"so, Edith," Mrelyn threw his copper bright hair back with a wild toss of his head,"Royal blood or not, shall you again allow this mere son of an Elflord to give you all that you need as your lover once more?"
Felyon lay curled on his bed,his pale hair tear soaked, he had cried until he had no more tears left to cry, he lay sick and cold, his kitten snuggled against him, she sensed his sadness.
The Sylentor sent his thoughts to his soulmate, willing him to live,"don't leave me here alone, stay with me Glyndr".
He looked towards the hearth, fire spirits were not the only spirits that haunted the room, Felyon's sadness had summoned the spirits of his ancestors, he had the gift of communicating with them in times of trouble, they spoke to him, telling him that Glyndr's soul was almost with them, but love , both his and Gwenneth's held him in their world,
It was up to them and Glyndr now.
Felyon curled tighter, they had never been wrong before, he prayed that they would not be this time.

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 11:45
" Love you?" she repeated the sentiment dubiously, a small teasing smile forming upon her lips, purposefully evasive of the true palpatations sending sparks across the bredth of distance between the pair. " I love many a person Mrelyn..." she mused, sliding around the side of the bark, so that he could only hear the melodic distance of her voice. " But perhaps - yes. I do not desire them as I do you. You know my dear, that I desire you" she noted, swinging round so that thier faces were mere inches apart, breath mingling. " You can see it in my eyes can you not? And I can see it in yours" she smiled promisingly, one hand running up his spine. " I think you are lying to me oh great son of an elf lord. Your version of hunting does not involve deer" and pushing him abruptly backwards she scowled, crossing her hands over her chest. " I do not lay with my husband - that rumours is common knowledge amoug my people and no-one blames me for it. All you have to do is take one look at the drunket sot and it's enough to put any women off" her upper lip curled grimly, the memory of the bearded, callous oaf who used her for political gain to fill his coffers. " If he dared to slink into my bed...well. I suppose you would then deal with him" she grinned, drawing closer once more. " Defend my honour - have me for your own" she breathed sultry." Now that is a thought were mulling over" when shrugging, she added, quite idly but with a sincerity none could doubt. " And yes. I do love you"

Eldarion mouthed wordless bemusement at the elleth, her words resonating over and over in a continuous droll of despair, of hopelessness. Of law and personal grievance. " I cannot make exceptions Gwenneth - how would it look?! But then...I could never put you to death either" he blanched, running a hand through his dark tousled hair. " Gwenneth what do you mean by putting me in a position such as this? How can you expect me to flout either our friendship or the laws of this land? Glyndr is not going die you must believe! If you have given up hope of his return how then can he recover knowing that you, who is supposed to be closest to him, has given up? Have faith Gwenneth!" he urged earnestly, drawning her back from the balcony and wiping the tears from her cheeks. Eldarion rested the elleth's head on her shoudler, whispering familiar elven words of endearment into her ears; the same words he'd uttered on the first day they met, when he'd found her so desolate. " You found the strength when first we met for yourself. Now you must find it for Glyndr"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 01:06
"Eldarion, I try, but he is so still. Look at him! He barely breathes. I would rather die by my own hand than by the slow painful process of a broken heart." When he began whispering in Elvish into her ear, it brought back memories of the last time she had wanted to die, and the memories of the way Eldarion had helped her get past that pain. She sagged into his arms, a sign of giving up her resolve. She knew in her heart she could not do it, and now she knew that Eldarion knew the same thing.
"Eldarion, mellon nin, what would I ever do without you?" She reached her hands up to his face and brushed her lips against his, barely touching them. "That was only a kiss of friendship, in case you are thinking my love for you has come back," she said softly and then laughed. "You are truly my best friend, Eldarion. It will be a pleasure and honor to serve you as my King." She pulled back out of his arms, and sat down again, and took Glyndr's hands in hers. "I only hope he can feel how much I love him and want him to return to me."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 06:53
The red haired Elf smiled a half smile as she swung to face him, telling him of her desire for him, His own desire became aroused and deepened with a shudder, as she ran her fingers up his spine,"I have heard the rumours that you do not lie with your husband", he said as she pushed him away,amused at her characteristic sudden change in mood,"and I know them to be the truth, for that pale imitation of a male could never satisfy the needs of a female" especially you..." Mrelyn walked to meet her as she moved back towards him,he stroked her face gently, entwining a lock of her hair in his fingers,"Edith", he slid his hand to the back of her neck, drawing her to him,"I would fight anyone for your honour", he whispered, his voice a husky purr.She had said that she loved him.
The Elf dared to kiss her again, "Edith, come with me now,let us renew our love", the purr now low and seductive, "If not now , tell me when?".
Felyon stood shakily, he had heard the words of his ancestors, he must go to his soulmate, the kitten mewed and rubbed her soft head against his hand,he lifted her, "Oh little one I hope they are right,I do not know what I shall do if I lose him",
"Or what Gwenneth shall do," he thought as he placed the kitten on the bed.
The Sylentor went swiftly to where his soulmate lay, he crept in quietly, "Oh, my Lord", he bowed to Eldarion, surprised to see him there. "I have come to see Glyndr and Gwenneth" .he hurridly tried to tidy his tear damp hair and straighten crumpled silk robes.
Mossgreen eyes turned their gaze to Gwenneth as she sat holding Glyndr's hand, "My Lady we must try to bring him home, please help me", the Sylentor placed a slender hand on hers as it lay on Glyndr's.he smiled a sad smile , the greeneyes pleading with her.
It seemed late in a dark night when Glyndr heard two voices call to his soul, the voices of the two he loved most,Gwenneth and Felyon. The two who held him in their world.
The captain moaned softly as he slowly returned to consciousness, he felt weak, his shoulder, back and forehead agony above the pain he already felt, "Flower", he smiled weakly as a blur became clear, "Felyon, I..."he tensed, gripping Gwenneth's hand, "Gods, Flower, it hurts".
The grip became tighter, "You must help me, the crowning is soon , I must attend, the Kellquenti Guard are to be there for security, they need their captain", ice blue eyes looked deep into hers, "help me out of this place, I need to prepare them",the look became deeper, "Please Gwenneth",
The Elf ignored Felyon's scolding and fussing.He lay back with a sigh,as he suddenly felt very weak.
Felyon smiled at Gwenneth, "If orc poison does not now run in his blood , I think he has come home",the Sylentor went to Gwenneth, "OH my Lady..." he sobbed again as he hugged her tightly.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 10:24
"Glyndr, my love, welcome back." Gwenneth leaned over her and kissed him and stroked his hair. "I was so scared, my love. i thought I had lost you." She looked up and eldarion and mouthed the words,"Thank you." She reached out and squeezed his hand, and then went back to Glyndr.
Felyon was sobbing tears of joy and soaking the bed sheet as he dabbed his tears. "Oh, Glyndr I was afraid that I had lost you too, and what would I do without my soulmate?"
Glyndr chuckled softly and said in a weak voice,"Fall to pieces." Then he looked around and said,"Where is Mrelyn?"
Gwenneth said, "Oh, Mrelyn! He doesn't know that you are awake! I'll go find him." She ran from the room and out to where she had last seen him.

When she saw him, the woman from the window was in his arms, and he was doing the familiar purring her ear, she could tell. She went back inside and grabbed a maid and asked her to check for Mrelyn outside and if she saw him, to tell him immediately that his cousin was awake and asking for him. Then she returned to the room, and told Glyndr that she had sent a maid to find him, as she could not bear to be away from him.
Moments later, a very flushed Mrelyn came in the room, and said,"Glyndr, we really must talk about your timing."
Gwenneth sat there , her eyes all innocent, but Glyndr caught a twitch of a smile by her mouth.
He looked at Mrelyn and then back at Gwenneth. Mrelyn caught the look and nodded slightly. Then Gwenneth leaned over and kissed his cheek and whispered,"I know,love," and then leaned back in her seat.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email