Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and the Crown *free!*
on: March 30, 2005 02:31
Glyndr tried to sit up, he failed miserably,his back and shoulder complaining severely, "Help me sit", he asked Mrelyn irritably, he had no patience with bieng in any way ill.
The captain was going to attend the coronation, his stubborn willfulness would not allow him to give in and miss such an important occassion.
"What was all that about with Gwenneth?", he whispered in Mrelyn's ear as he helped him to sit, Glyndr thought he knew the answer,
Mrelyn confirmed it when he whispered something in return.
"Take care cousin" , the raven haired Elf said quietly,"you love dangerously there".
The redhead grinned. "I thrive on danger cousin, as do you", he placed his hand on Glyndr's arm, "I am truly happy to see you with us, I had, as did others suspect the worse", Mrelyn frowned, "I hope the healers have tended that orc bolt wound correctly, their weapons are poison" .
The Elf stood, "I shall go to fetch my own medicine , I do not trust these mortals" Mrelyn was a master in herblore and knew what best to use.
Felyon stood at the mirror,trying tomake himself look presentable,mumbling crossly to himself "Oh I look such a sight!",
Mrelyn strode to Felyon "You can help me", he slid his arm around the Sylentor's shoulder, both bowing to Eldarion as Mrelyn ushered Felyon to the door.
The hunter wanted to leave Glyndr and Gwenneth alone for a while.
After Eldarion had also left, Glyndr took Gwenneth's hand in his, he stroked the sapphire on her finger, staring at the blue stone, "I gave you this for luck," he said softly,he turned his ice blue gaze to her, "Gwenneth", he said , his voice a serious calm,"I knew that you were with me all the time, but," he paused, the blue gaze deeper, bore into her eyes, questioning."I felt a brief time of coldness, of fear, a time when your soul slipped from me,my Flower, my love, what dark thoughts clouded your mind?" he held her hand to his chest "Tell me my love".
Mrelyn and Felyon went to the herb gardens.
Felyon babbling incessantly, as he flitted amongst the herbs, about what he was going to wear at the coronation , and how beautiful the Princess would look.
Mrelyn did not hear a word that he said, his thoughts on a curvacious woman. He hoped that his untimely departure from her had not soured the chance of a favourable answer to his question , or their relationship.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 09:15
Glyndr had bade Gwenneth go and take rest for a time, as he knew she would not have had much. He promised her he would not die while she was out of the room, and the two kissed most passionately before she left. He seemed to have forgotten his question to her regarding the cold and darkness he had felt, so she slipped from the room before he coulsd say anything, and went to her room. She had no idea that Glyndr planned to send Mrelyn in to check on her, now that he knew she was aware, a daylight encounter was not out of the question, if Mrelyn so desired it.

As she moved down the hall, she heard a faint mewling sound. Looking down, she saw Felyon's little ginger kitten, and scooped the ball of fur up. She carried it to Felyon's room, and slipped in and placed the little thing on Felyon's bed and slipped back out, and she spotted the woman again. She was talking to one of the messengers about sending word to her husband that she had arrived safely. Gwenneth's eyebrow went up, and then she smiled to herself and continued on to her room.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 09:56
Felyon and Mrelyn returned to the castle, Mrelyon now well aquainted with the superiority of shotsilk over plain muslin, and that orange was such a no colour, Felyon chattered all the way to Glyndr's room, both he and Felyon bearing the herbs that the hunter needed.
Felyon still ranted on as he followed Mrelyn's instructions on hiw to prepare the medicine and salve.
"For Valar's sake Glyndr". Mrelyn laughed , "Don't tell the healers I have been here".he gave his cousin the medicine.
Glyndr pulled a face at the disgusting medicine and whimpered pathetically as Mrelyn re dressed the shoulder wound . "Ouch! you devil that hurts!!"
Mrelyn slapped his cousin, "Shut up you girly, It will hopefully stop the orc poison" Mrelyn looked up to see Felyon glaring at him "oops!", he thought, before sending the Sylentor to get fresh water.
"Idiot!" Glyndr grinned at Mrelyn, the grin fading as he held Mrelyn's arm ,"Mrelyn go to Gwenneth, check that she is alright" The grin returned ,"I am SURE she will welcome your company",
"Of course " Mrelyn made sure Glyndr was comfortable before he and Felyon left him to rest, the Sylentor giving Glyndr orders not to move and to rest or he would be very cross.
Glyndr smiled to himself as Mrelyn dragged Felyon out of the room.
As they came towards Felyon's room Mrelyn slowed a little, He had seen Edith talking to a maid .
"My lady", he bowed in acknowledgement, trying hard not to look her in the eyes, or he knew all would be lost, the Sylentor was very astute.
Mrelyn allowed an amber glance as they passed , the look spoke a thousand words.
"Who was that?" Felyon asked as they reached his room.
"Oh", Mrelyn tried to sound vague, "The Princess' cousin I think, I shall se you later",
They said their goodbyes as Felyon went into his room.
Mrelyn went to Gwenneth's room, he knocked softly.
"Gwenneth," he said softly as he pushed past her at the door, "Glyndr has asked me to make sure that you are alright"
He smiled his warm amber smile,"Well , how are you?, are you alright?"
The fire haired Elf moved towards her, "I have a favour to ask" he said softly, "Ah but not yet, I shall ask it later", the hunter had other ideas.
A strong tanned hand stroked her face, "Gwenneth" he moved closer, the deepening feelings he had for her, strong in him now, "Gwenneth, shall you grant me another favour of a more passionate kind?" the hand slid to her neck, pulling her to him as his lips brushed her ear ,oh so softly."My angel, shall you grant me this favour?"

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 12:08
Gwenneth rolled over into Mrelyn's arms. She kissed him softly, and said, "A little bold aren't we? It is still daylight out." She paused for a moment and said,"Besides, haven't youhad enough today? Or did the married woman from Soar not get a chance to allow your advances to progress?" She grinned wickedly at his surprised expression."Yes, mrelyn I know of her, and her being married. A dangerous game you play," she commented as she ran her arms up around his neck. "Oh yes, I will grant this favor, and continue to be an 'angel' to you," she kissed him deeply, and he responded immediately in kind. She pulled away slightly and then nipped his ear lobe, drawing a gasp from him. "I will make you think only of me when you are with any other, Mrelyn." she rolled him over onto his back. "Because I, unlike you and your cousin, do not like to share." She proceeded to show him pleasures she had never endeavored to try with anyone before, and brought him to the pinnacle of ecstasy before allowing him to crash back down. When she was finished with him, he was flushed and panting, and as the two prepared to part in the hallway, he brushed her cheek lightly with his hand.
Suddenly they heard a clearing of a feminine throat behind Mrelyn. He turned and saw Edith standing there.
Gwenneth smiled sweetly and said, "Oh you must be our Queen's cousin. It is nice to meet you." She then turned back to Mrelyn and said,"Thank you for your assistance," she wrinkled her nose playfully. "I appreciate it. Now I must go back and see to Glyndr." She turned on her heel and walked away.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 06:36
Mrelyn stood at Gwenneth's doorway ,he turned to her with a smile and gently brushed her cheek with his fingertips,.His hand trembling,
The Elf was still stunned ,the Elleth was right, Never again would any female satisfy him as much as she.
He would think of her always, and compare all others to her skills of perfect ecstasy.
He turned abruptly as he heard Edith cough behind him, he stepped back sharply,and tried not to let her see the look of shock in his eyes.
Gwenneth left and he faced Edith, "Edith...I..er", he finally found his voice, "I ..am only here because Glyndr asked me to see if Gwenneth was alright", Mrelyn took a deep breath to calm himself,"Edith", he ventured tentatively "Have you yet considered my question?".

Glyndr had disobeyed both the healers' and Felyon's instructions and had struggled out of bed.
He wrapped himself in his cloak and went to sit on the balcony railings, he looked out over the city to the hills beyond, the captain hated bieng trapped.He felt as weak and as shaky as Felyon's kitten,and was in great pain , but he was stubbornly determined to attend the coronation.
He noticed Kellyn below the balcony, "Soldier" he called down to him.
Kellyn jumped, he had not been expecting to hear his captain's voice, "Captain!!",the soldier grinned a wide grin "Captain, I thank our gods, I thought never to hear you again, I thought you lost to this world", he paused , "Oh forgive me, I have spoken above my station". the soldier bowed,
"Forgiven" Glyndr returned the smile, "Rally the Guard I must brief them on their duties at the coronation, I shall be at the barracks as soon as I can get past these healers".
Kellyn looked concerned, "But captain.." he began,He stopped at Glyndr's icy, determined glare and made his way to the barracks.
Glyndr dressed slowly, every move an effort,then out of the door to hopefully freedom.

Felyon ambled back from the market, he sang softly to himself, a Sylentor love song, he was happy again.
He carried a basket, a tiny tabby kitten mewing fromit's depth, Felyon had bought Gwenneth her kitten.
She had not been able to go with him, he hoped she would love the kitten as much as he did.
The Sylentor was surprised not to find Gwenneth in her room, Glyndr had asked that she go to rest, he assumed, correctly , that she had gone back to Glyndr.
He left the kitten and a hastily scribbled note, before making his way back to his own room.
He noticed Mrelyn and the woman, supposedly Ceinwyn's cousin talking at the end of the corridor, He was going to go to ask to be introduced , but decided against it , they seemed to be in a private conversation.

[Edited on 31/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 07:45
"Just where do you think you are going, my Lord Captain?" At the sound of Gwenneth's voice, Glyndr froze in his movements out the door.
"Gwenneth, meleth nin, I need to go to the barracks."
"No. You need to go right back to that bed." She blocked his passage with her body and she refused to move.
"Gwenneth, I have to go over everythig for tomorrow with my Guard." He looked at her with that same look in his eye she had just encountered from his cousin. But Glyndr was not eeking pleasure, but temporary freedom.
She sighed. "I will tell you what. I will get a healer to go over with you just in case anything happens. Otherwise, you can just climb right back into that bed and make yourself comfortable, because you will be missing the coronation."
Glyndr looked at her and smirked. "Mrelyn didn't stand a chance, did he?"
She smiled wickedly."No, love, he didn't. He found out sometimes when a kitten is played with too much, she goes from purring to extending her claws." She stopped for a moment and spoke to the healer that had just come to the room, and then turned back to her betrothed. "You are in luck, he will go with you." Glyndr kissed her lightly on his painful way out of the room, and suddenly Felyon was there. He told her to close her eyes and hold out her hands.
When she opened her eyes and saw the kitten, she nearly cried. She hugged Felyon and the kitten to herself and then did start to cry.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 08:36
Edith cast a bleak, scornful eye at the elven maid snared so close to Mrelyn's body, an incredulous unabashed smirk curving upon her face as she darted nimbly away. Taming the surge of wild heat pulsating through her veins she took to mere staring at the elf as if he were a mere plaything, a fool. " So there is your prey which I presume you've already conqured...and seem quite taken with" she noted candidly, the glimmer of fury growing brighter in the flash of her deep blue eyes. " Oh yes I've considered it" she snapped, voice a shread of steel " and never will you share my comforts - you lying, decietful toad!" At that moment, such a tidal wave of of pure loathing washed over her senses that she fought to regain the composure if indifferent ice she was no famous for." I stay from my lawful husbands bed for you. And you stray for a maid. Curse you!" she seethed bitterly, turning on her heel with the fierce cloud of her anger still simmering the air in her wake. No one troubled the sharp eyed, tense noblewoman as she prowled the corridors heading straight for the sanctury of her people; the peole of Soar. " Edith" Ceinwyn eyed her with a brisk astuteness. The colour in her cheeks bespoke of an anger which seemed to alert Hector as he frowned, beckoning her over. " You look wearied - neice come now, are you well?" he asked warmly but Edith simply shrugged, turning her face from his eager eyes and holding Ceinwyn's for a brief, but intimate moment. The Princess seemed to nod ever so slightly, drawing a buzz of chatter to mask the pair as they drew to an outward corner. " Is victor here?" Ceinwyn arched a brow, sighing with relief as her cousin shook her head. " It is just a foul day in a foul castle in a foul country. Everything is foul!" she cursed sulleny but Ceinwyn merely smiled, the familar ounce of curious mischief Edith had so missed." Not much of a foul day I hope: it is my coronation today!" she grinned, leaning back against the marbled wall. " A day of peace and festival before - before whatever may come next. Which means" she added pointedly " no bickering. Between anyone" her voice carried a wary, but well meaning warmth. The Princess carried as much zest and wild sparkle as her cousin but she, as many had before her, had learned to reign such emotions in; but only very scarcely. " Oh do not worry. I intend to have a very good time" Edith remarked quietly, but with a hint of malice Ceinwyn could not ignore. Somehow she would learn of who had angered her cousin - and when she did, more then one secret would emerge...
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 11:36
The copper haired Elf's amber eyes held both anger and passion , he watched frozen and silent as she flew at him with accusing, angry words and looks.
He had suffered before at her wrath ,and they had fought many times, but not as this.
Mrelyn felt his own anger growing as she coldly refused him her favours as a lover.
She turned to leave, cursing him,
That did it.
"I see as usual you have already made up your mind and damned me to hell without giving me a chance of an explanation, well curse you too!!" he shouted after her, gold fire flashing in amber eyes, Anger became furious desperation,
"Edith, do not just walk away from me and think that you can just throw away what love we had. Damn you! , I will not let you!"
He ran a few steps after her, then stopped, "You shall never find another lover that can give you the wild pleasures that I can, you will come running soon enough!".
Mrelyn stood shaking with anger and fear,"I shall never give you up, NEVER!"
The Kellquenti would never give up trying. He would have her..
Gwenneth's tears started Felyon off again.
Glyndr looked at them both with a sigh as he left for the barracks, relieved to be free from his prison.
He slowed as he reached half way across the square, he did not feel well at all, but he hid it well from the healer.
The captain met the assembled Guard and briefed them of their duties, every Elf knew exactly his role.
Glyndr dismissed them, and turned to leave, he suddenly felt very weak, the pain brought him out in a cold sweat as he leant against the cold stone wall.
Kellyn was at his captain's side in seconds.
Glyndr rested against the wall, his head bowed, he breathed deeply, his hands to his head.
"Captain, you are not well," Kellyn turned to shout for the healer as he put his arm around his captain-god to support him.
"I am just a little tired soldier", Glyndr turned his head to look into anxious blue eyes," l am fine".
The healer dare say nothing, but his look said it all as he and Kellyn helped Glyndr back to his room.
The healer left medicine for Glyndr and said that he would return soon, he was not happy.
"Captain" Kellyn stood at Glyndr's bedside, as his Captain lay back on the bed with a curse.
"Captain.. forgive me but I must say this", the soldier swallowed nervously, "You are not fit enough to attend the coronation, please captain , stay here, allow me to lead the Guard in your stead, I am your second in command"
Kellyn awaited the expected explosion.
"Soldier I shall be there", Glyndr said coldly, "now go and do your duty second in command",he glared with a growl.
Kellyn left with a bow , He knew Glyndr would be at the coronation, he knew his captain -god too well.
Glyndr lay back, he needed Gwenneth with him, he needed her strength to help him.
He WOULD be at the coronation....

[Edited on 31/3/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 12:49
Gwenneth burst into the room, carrying her precious new kitten. "Look Glyndr! Felyon has bought me..." She stopped when she saw him pale and sweating. "My love!" She rushed to him, setting the kitten down on the bed. It promptly pounced on the shiny rings on the hand of Glyndr. Glyndr winced at the pain of the tiny claws sinking into his flesh.
"Oh my love, lay back." She brought him a cool cloth and wiped his face. "I don't think you should go to the coronation, Glyndr."
he glared at her. "I am going to the coronation. I have to be there, as I told Kellyn. Are the two of you in cahoots?"
She laughed. "Love, I barely know Kellyn and I have not seen him today anyway," she gently stroked his face. "We will see how you feel tomorrow." She slipped into the bed next to him, and kissed him softly on the cheek. he was absentmindedly playing with the kiten, and she smiled. "What should we name the kitten?" she said, cuddling up to him.
"Witch."
"Witch?"
He turned and looked at her. "As in Kellquenti," and he raised his brow and kissed her.
Suddenly the door burst open and Mrelyn entered, slamming the door again with such force that it rattled in the frame.
"Curse that woman!"
Glyndr and Gwenneth looked at him, then each other, then back at Mrelyn.
Glyndr said archly, "Problems with the fairer sex, Cousin?" as he toyed with Gwenneth's hair and the kitten.
"Perhaps he needs to stay away from those mortal women. Obviously the fire they ignite is not the kind he likes." Gwenneth teased the kitten with one of Glyndr's braids.
"Apparently not," said Glyndr, trying to get his braid back from the clutches of the kitten, while waiting for a response from his copper-haired kin.

[Edited on 1/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 01:04
The morning wore on into an afternoon of sultry, optimistic warmth, servants bustling eagerly about the arched, darftee ceilings, draped now with sheafs of purple silk befitting of an elven King's castle. The Soarians stood in ranks on the farthest wing of the grand hall,a shimmer of white quite removed in thier sense of rugged dignity, a unique pride which even Edith as she stood beside her cousin Gaheris, the heir to Soar's throne could not help but possess. The bodice helped scult the curves of her petite, but well proportioned figure, a transparent eil of white draping serenly to the floor; many a Gondorian solider looked on the women of Soar, so removed from the usual type, with ardent desire and Edith, catching a rather handsome youth's eye, winked, smoothing her palms down her waist becomingly. The ceiling of the great, raftered hall, was now hung with blue silks draped from one end to the other in an elaborate pattern which Smiths, the castle's housekeeper eyed warily; his gaze peirced everything. One wide table ran in the middle down the length of the hall, gleaming cutlery forming an array of silvery light, great flagons of mulled wine simmering after being heated the entire morning. The spectators were formed in lines from teh very back of the hall to the very front, Soar one side, Gondor the other - the Rohirric party stood as a mark of respect aside the Soarians, Elfwine resplendant in robes of emerald green. The nobles had attiered themselves with sheer gluttony, outwitting thier peers with decadent displays of jewels and velvets yet no man could match Eldarion as the buzz of chatter dipped to a curious hush, the Prince pullig back the curtain from the dias and striding into the middle of the raised stage. Only Elessar, Arwen, Hecor and Eldarion stood on the dias reserved for the highset royals - Lords and Ladies positioned themselves in the front row of eager-eyed guests whilst the lower classes bustled in at the back. Eldarion himself, clad in a tunic of grey-blue seemed to posses an honesty lined with such a sense of royal prowess that seemed to heighten to aura of delight surrounding him; many a lady felt envious that day. Poised inbetwen Hector and Elessar his hands clasped over his chest, he offered a small smile to Edith as she stifly bowed her head. My, my my cousin has snared herself a handsome scepture - pity the same could not be said for me. The dark almost black curls of her hair were lain loose to stir promisingly at her slender waist, deep blue eyes scanning the ladies of Gondor with a blunt curiosity. How many of these I wonder has he had? Selfish lout...Eldarion's foot tapped the marbled stone beneath his feet eagerly as Ceinwyn had earlier that morning, been snatched from his side in preparation for the marriage - to be held before the crowning - and then the coronation itself.In a few hours she will be my wife...my blessed Ceinwyn, he mused deliriously before with a brisk shake of the head, he spoke politely with Hector whilst al about him the chatter struck up once more but with a new, livid intensity. What would Ceinwyn wear? Her hair, bound or loose? And look at the Prince - is he not so very handsome? Edith rolled her eyes in sheer boredom at the whispers before with a brief, dismissive smrik she exchanged a glance with Mrelyn.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 02:51
Mrelyn stood at a distance from the Soarians, Glyndr had gone to join the Kellquenti Guard , elite and resplendent in the indigo and silver of their race, the emerald dragon green fire on the black of their tunics,
The war horses groomed to perfection their black and silver bridles and saddles gleaming in the light.
The redhaired Elf watched Edith with a cold jealous, interest,he returned Edith's smirk with a look that promised her she would not see the last of him,that he would forever shadow her until he could catch her alone, He needed to speak with her.she would not get away lightly.
Mrelyn looked around for Gwenneth, he hoped she would join him soon, or he would be very likely to pay Edith a visit , Soarians with her or not...

A WHILE EARLIER....

Glyndr was glad of Gwenneth's presence, her love gave him the strength he needed as she snuggled close.
He grinned as he played with the kitten, the tiny, tabby furball delighting in killing his hand, fascinated by his rings,"Witch", he smiled at the suggested name, "Yes, it would suit her well, and would fit well with my own cat's name of Warlock, I cannot wait till they meet.
Their peace was shattered, when a furious , fire haired Elf slammed the door with a vengeance, cursing mortal women.
"Fair sex?" he swore an unspeakable word in reply to Glyndr's comment,"there is nothing fair about that woman's attitude!".
Mrelyn ran his hands through his hair as he turned his gaze towards Gwenneth, "No Elleth", the amber gaze a fire of obsession with her,"No mortal female's love shall ever burn as bright as that of an Elleth's".
Glyndr caught the look, he was interested.
Gwenneth just smiled as she slid past Mrelyn to the door, she was going to find a maid to fetch tea, she thought Mrelyn needed it.
Mrelyn sat on the edge of Glyndr's bed with a bump, his anger subsiding slowly.
"Ouch!, careful", Glyndr complained, He smiled , "So she is a mortal then?, silly Elf, you should know to stay with our own kind if you wish for more exquisite pleasures".
Mrelyn glanced at his cousin, "OH yes" he said slowly, "I shall.
Glyndr raised an eyebrow, "Ah Gwenneth you mean?, I agree, I shall never find another I shall desire more, and I suspect neither will you".he smiled a wicked half smile,"Tell me,what set that fire in your eyes? what did my Elleth do that drove it there?"
The copper haired Elf took a deep breath, then told his cousin everything, Glyndr's eyes widening as he spoke,"Glyndr," Mrelyn looked at his cousin , "It was as though I was under some love spell, or maybe she was, I know ,as do you, how to recognise such".
The two Kellquenti looked at each other, puzzled, "She knew that I practiced Kellquenti witchcraft," Glyndr said quietly, "I did not tell her, she should not have known, but she did".
Mrelyn rased an eyebrow, "I think we should have a little talk with her when she returns".
Gwenneth returned a while later, the kitten perched on her shoulder.
"Gwenneth" Glyndr spoke softly,"Mrelyn tells me you have learned new magical skills in love, ones I hope you shall share with me," the captain fixed her with a searching , ice blue look,"Tell us, where did you learn such magic?"
Both Kellquenti witches waited to hear the answer to their intriguing question...

[Edited on 1/4/2005 by elflyn]

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 09:19
Gwenneth looked at the two of them, and smiled innocently. "I have no idea what the two of you are talking about. Glyndr, your retainers are here to assist you in dressing for the coronation." The look in her eyes told both of them that she was being cautious, and would not speak of anything now. She leaned over and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek, and then departed the room. She went first to her own, where her maid helped her into her gown, a gorgeous deep blue that offset the emeralds in her eyes, and a beautiful silvery gray veil, tucked behind her ears and covering most of her hair.
Once she had gotten ready, she went to her soon to be Queens' room, and checked on Ceinwyn.
Her eyes welled with tears,"My Queen, I have never seen anyone more beautiful, save Arwen herself." She hugged Ceinwyn delicately and said, "I am so happy for the two of you. May this day be the start of an era of happiness for Gondor and Soar."
She slipped out of the room, while Ceinwyn continued to be prepped to perfect, and she entered the hall. She saw the Gondorian soldiers eyeing the Soarian women, and smiled with amusement. She moved down the side aisle, and gained the edge of the dias, and bowed low to the Royals there. Then she rose and Eldarion took her hand as she moved up the steps. He inclined his head to hear what she was saying, and his smile widened on his face. He nodded, and said something in her ear, his lips close enough for her to feel his breath. She smiled at his response, and then inclined her self in another bow/curtsy , and she left the dias. She took her position, greeting the Lords and Ladies near her with smiles and soft chatter. Gwenneth turned her eyes to Mrelyn, and raised her chin and beckoned to him. There was a place next to her, originally reserved for Glyndr when thought he might not be well enough to perform his duties, and as Mrelyn slipped into the space, she smiled genuinely at him. "My, don't you look handsome,", looking him up and down and approving wholeheartedly.
"And you look even more beautiful than you did just a little earlier, Angel," she pinked slightly, and kissed his cheek chastely.
"We must behave now, Mrelyn. Our Queen will be joining us shortly."
"Is that the message you brought to Eldarion?"
"Yes, to tell him her procession was forming as I was coming into the hall. She looks exquisite, Mrelyn." She dropped her voice. "Too bad you will never be able to be satisfied by a mortal woman again, no matter how beautiful she is, or how badly you want to love her," her eyes lighting up dangerously as she whispered to him. She looked across at Edith, and almost chuckled to see the look on her face. The mortal woman did not look happy.
Gwenneth was standing slightly in front of Mrelyn, most of the front of his body blocked from view by her own, and she slipped one hand casually behind her, and stroked his thigh with her fingertips. She felt him stiffen and shudder at her touch, and her thoughts seemed to echo in his head."Remember, I don't like to share." Her eyes locked at the same time with those of Glyndr, who knew without seeing it what her brief brush of fingertips on thigh had done to his cousin. The two smiled at each other, and she lowered her eyes, then her head in a gesture of respect to the Kellquenti Captain. Her smirk when she lifted her head told glyndr clearly she knew she had boith of them wrapped completely around her finger.
The trumpets rang out loud and clear, the curtains were pulled back and Ceinwyn's procession began making its way to the dias.

[Edited on 1/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 10:40
Mrelyn had been on the verge of going to drag Edith away from those Soarian dignitaries, he did not care, that woman would listen to what he had to say..
Gwenneth beckoned him, his desire to speak with Edith, dwindled to a mere ember, He took his place next to Gwenneth, his heartbeat quickened at her mere closeness, she had said he looked handsome, By his gods, she was irresistable! The thought worrried him, never had a female possessed his every thought as much as she, He was a powerful practicioner of Kelquenti magick , Glyndr only more powerful, yet the pull of the spell she wove drew him "So may it be," he smiled, then tensed as he felt her hand brush his thigh, her words , the truth, he could never love a mortal.
"I don't like to share" those words echoed in his soul, "No ," he thought, "I see you do not", her touch drove even his, need to see Edith from his mind for a moment.His craft told him strange magick was firing his need for her, he did not fight it, he welcomed it.Her words an echo in his mind.
Glyndr had stubbornly ignored everyone's advice, He led his Kellquenti Guard, ,They lined the route their future Queen would take, Glyndr, as the future Queen approached moved, with fifty of his Guard to the coronation hall.
He stood at their head, a proud Kellquenti, more proud to be a part of this piece of history, Soar joining with Gondor, something he never thought possible,
As they awaited their future Queen's arrival Glyndr thought of their first meeting, The wild, free independent soul , that matched his own in, wild, mystical magick, Ceinwyn, the one he could never hope to return his love.
Yet now, as he looked towards his true love in this world, he saw her smile, he saw his cousin's look. Glyndr arched an eye brow at Gwenneth , He knew exactly why Mrelyn looked so tense, so desperate,exactly where her fingertips had travelled.
He and Mrelyn were as close as he and Felyon, Gwenneth's last look confirmed it. Both he and Mrelyn were lost.and he did not care...

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 04:52
Ceinwyn's mother drew the veil back from the dias initially, wise beyond her eyes with a gentle but proud tilt of the head as she bowed to Eldarion, a slow, knowing smile weaving its way upon her lips and then, quite softly, a flute struck up, lulling the spectators into an idle state of calm until with a brisk blast of the trumpets Ceinwyn appeared more stunning, more mystical then ever. Gowned in crisp, umarred white, the hem was stitched with fine silver silk, neck diving into a low V; creamy, unblemished skin seeming to glow subtly in the mellow light of late afternoon. Walking slowly to her betrothed, the smile which lit her delicate face carried such an earnest warmth Eldarion, gazing wordlessly, felt the tension dissolve. " My dear.." he sighed almost breathlessly, the loose tendrils of rare deep gold stirring at her slender waist from the windows high up in the rafters. There stood the pinnacle of Soar's wild freedom, the unique sparkle of it's women sculpted to the form of near perfection in it's lone and proud Princess - who was now, as she kneeled beside Eldarion, crowned Queen. With a sharp intake of breath the crowd watched in hushed fasination as a finely wrought crown of jewelled silver was tucked neatly into Ceinwyn's hair, a larger but no less graceful mantle being set on Eldarion's dark, tousled head. With a low, sober promise to protect his people, Queen and country he rose, Ceinwyn's hand clasped firmly in his. Each acted as a foil for the other, night and day - north and south. Two dazzling halves of one unified pact. No sound save the muffled, strained weeping of some lesser ladies carried to the matched pair of splendour and yet still as grand and beautiful as they were - still there lingered that single ounce of humanity, of raw emotion which would endear all people to cherish thier words, thier smiles, thier children.

A red cord was wound about thier wrists in symbolic promise of an eternal bond; an everlasting oath of honour, love and the truest form of respect. As they recited, one by one, self wrote declarations of love and duty, it struck Edith infused with a sullen pride, that Ceinwyn valued this man far more then she'd first wagered. Good then, that at least one woman of Soar may find some happiness. And in the arms of Gondors most handsome man. Silently the rope was unbound and Eldarion, sliping his arm to wrap firmly about Ceinwyns waist drew her close, his lips uttering a private declaration as they hovered over her ears. Ceinwyn's smile widened as their lips met, the air sparkling with love's blessed radiance until, stepping apart the crowd emitted a racourous, almost defeaning howl of delight whilst the choristors struck up a ditty, hands clapping to its sturdy, brisk beat. " Long live the King and his beautiful Queen!" someone cheered hoarsely, Eldarion winking at his brethran Elboron, starring dazzedly at Ceinwyn's careless, striking beauty. " Now - we feast!" Eldarion announced boyantly, turning to his wife with such a flow of searing warmth, he did not doubt for one moment, that he was the happiest man in middle earth. " Now I may call you my Eldarion" she noted quietly, the surge of delight threatening to overwhelm her senses. How, when she first arrived, had she ever thought to witness this day with such joy? But then a stark realisation struck home as the King led his Queen to the great oaken table below the dias, raised with the wooden edges lined with holly. When I came to Eldarion first, I was a mere girl. Now, she noted as she leaned closer to the lean, masculine heat of her husband, I am a woman. And a Queen.

[Edited on 2/4/2005 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 09:07
From the moment that Ceinwyn stepped forward untll the moment that the crowd erupted in applause, Gwenneth felt her pride swellingin her. She adored Eldarion, and all she wanted was to see him married to the movie that he loved, and happy. That that woman was Ceinwyn and not her no longer mattered. Gondor had a new King and Queen, and War was imminent.
Glyndr came to her and placed her between himself and Mrelyn at the table, Felyon on the other side of his cousin, and as they sat down, he watched Gwenneth's gaze as it locked with her King's and she lowered her eyes and inclined her head in respect. Then she lifted her head and did the same to the Queen, raised her head and her goblet in a smile.
Elboron had had to speak to a messenger at the doorway, and as he came back, he leaned over and said to Glyndr, "Tis good to see you doing better, Lord Glyndr. Your guard was utter perfection, as always." Then he looked at Gwenneth. "And you are radiant as always," he said, taking her hand and kissing it. He turned and walked away, and Glyndr's temper simmered.
Gwenneth took his hand and said softly, "He can't help it, my love," and smiled. Glyndr looked at her, and her smile became wicked.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 10:01
The ceremonies took place to perfection, a moment in history,that none present would ever forget, a moment that would shape the face of Middle Earth forever, War was growing ever closer, Now Gondor and Soar would fight in alliance, the lands and armies now governed by a new, wise, powerful King and Queen.As wise and as powerful as the King and Queen before them.
Glyndr watched from the ranks of the Kellquenti Guard, he felt the old jealousy bite a little, he still had that fascination with Ceinwyn, but he was pleased for her , she now had what she desired, someone who would love and care for her in the way she deserved.
The Kellquenti captain,took a deep breath, He still felt unwell, his back and shoulder deep agony, Kellyn noticed and discreetly stood close enough to his captain in case he was needed.
He went with Glyndr to the table, Glyndr nodded his thanks to the soldier, Kellyn sat next to Felyon as Glyndr took his place next to Gwenneth, Glad to be able to rest at the table.
He spoke with Mrelyn and Gwenneth of the ceremony,until Elboron approached them to compliment him on the turnout of his Kellquenti Guard and to speak to him to tell him he was pleased that he was doing better, ,
"I thank you my Lord," Glyndr replied ,He almost felt he was beginning to like the Prince, until he took Gwenneth's hand and kissed it, the old anger returned.
Gwenneth's comment and smile as Elboron left, stopped Glyndr dead, he placed his wine goblet on the table and exchanged glances with Mrelyn. his cousin's amber eyes reflected his own concern,
"My love", Glyndr rubbed his forehead, "the room is too hot for me,the feasting will last for hours, come, walk with me a while in the gardens. I need the cool air",
The raven haired Elf took Gwenneth's arm and led her to the door, He nodded to Mrelyn, the copper haired Elf followed.
Felyon had not noticed their departure, he was too engrossed in a conversation with Kellyn on how wonderful the ceremonies , how beautiful the Queen looked and how exquisite the food and wines were.
Glyndr and Mrelyn walked with Gwenneth to the walled gardens, They stopped at the fountain, both Kellquenti stood watching her, ice blue and amber searching deeply into emerald. "My love", Glyndr drew closer, "All is not as it seems is it?" his voice low, demanding an answer, both Mrelyn and I are not foooled easily, we sense , no, we know , He smiled his half smile, eyes ice blue diamonds, "Tell us Flower,what secret do you hold from us?".
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:55
When Glyndr took her arm and led her to the gardens, she became nervous, and even more so when she noticed Mrelyn had joined them.

He smiled his half smile, eyes ice blue diamonds, "Tell us Flower,what secret do you hold from us?".

"I hold no secret from you, Glyndr, Mrelyn. You should have thought to ask me about myself when first we met, Glyndr. You would know everything then. I have never kept anything secret from you, it has always all been right there, all you needed do was ask."
Mrelyn brushed his hand over her cheek, his mouth moving in a silent spell to charm her, his fingers weaving the spell into every fiber of her being.. She closed her eyes and sighed, feeling the seductive touch of his spell winding its way through her. She gasped when her betrothed added his own charm spell to the power of his cousin's, taking her into his arms and administering the spell with his lips on her neck. She trembled against him, Mrelyn moving behind her, his lips whispering in Elvish in her ear, his voice low and husky, telling her of his desires, Glyndr's voice at her other ear like an echo, taunting her flesh and soul, until she sagged against Glyndr and uttering a soft,"Stop...please.." She reached out for the nearby bench, her legs weakened by the double onslaught of magic she had been forced to endure. The two helped her to the bench and she sat between them. She looked from one to the other, and said softly, "If either of you repeat this, I will never forgive you, and will make your lives a living hell. I have tried to distance myself from this, but," she looked tenderly at Glyndr," my pregnancy seems to have brought this on." She took a deep breath and said softly, "Naneth nin Kellquenti, adar nin perin Kellquenti." She smiled at them both. "Gerin i balan en Kellquenti." She stood and looked at them both, sitting there in stunned silence. "You should have looked deeper, my loves, and maybe asked a couple questions. Are you mad at me?"

*For the non-Elvishly inclined people out there(loosely translated:
"Naneth nin Kellquenti, adar nin perin Kellquenti."-"My mother is Kellquenti, my father is half-Kellquenti."
"Gerin i balan en Kellquenti."-I hold the power of the Kellquenti.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 10:55
The two Kellquenti listened in silence, their eyes unreadable, as Gwenneth explained her heritage.
"mad at you?",Glyndr said quietly, "No, not mad, you are one of the few, rare Kellquenti as are Mrelyn and myself who have the gift of our craft, it is to be treasured, never feel that i would ever be mad at you for it".
He frowned slightly, "My love you must take care who knows, it is not a safe world for those who practice the craft"
He smiled as he took her hand, "But I should have known," he said to himself.
Mrelyn ran his hand through his hair, brushing an errant lock out of his eyes,"at least now I know what possessed me, I was beginning to get worried!" the copper haired Elf smiled as he took her other hand in his, He knew secretly that he did not need any love spell his attraction to Gwenneth and his
feelings for her, had grown beyond his control, he hid it well fom his cousin.
He had to.
Glyndr would only share so much.
They walked back to the hall slowly, Glyndr and Mrelyn either side of Gwenneth, Mrelyn spoke with Gwenneth of hunting, he had planned to go on another hunt the following morning.
Glyndr spoke little, he still felt pain, the Elf cursed under his breath, War would soon be upon them,there was much to do, training and honing the skills of his Kellquenti Guard. The captain could not afford any weakness, He would not tolerate it in any of his soldiers and even less in himself.
As they again took their places at the table Felyon did not even look up, he was still deep in conversation with Kellyn , the subject now, silver jewellery.
Felyon's father, Hadan,was a skilled silversmith, he created jewellry of rare gems and Sylentor silver, much prized amongst all races. Kellyn was genuinely interested in the conversation, listening eagerly as Felyon extolled the beauty of sylentor silver, emphasising his words with flambouyant gestures of his hands.
Mrelyn nudged Gwenneth and Glyndr, he nodded towards Felyon and Kellyn,"I think our little Sylentor has found a friend", he smirked.
Glyndr frowned "Well he had better not bore my second in command to death," he gumbled, "Kellyn is one of my most skilled soldiers, I cannot aford to lose him to death by Sylentor".
Glyndr became more subdued as the time went on, He eventually stood, "I am going to rest for a while,"he said quietly, Gwenneth made to go with him, he stopped her,"No , stay, keep Mrelyn company , I shall not be long , I will join you both later".
Glyndr bowed to his new King and Queen as he left for his room.
Gwenneth asked Mrelyn again of hunting, of how he managed often living wild for days and what drove him to do it.
"The challenge", he replied," the excitement and the power of the final kill", Mrelyn's amber gaze fixed firmly on Edith, "And I always catch the creature I hunt...Always".

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 12:05
She turned away for a moment, and then went over and told Eldarion and Ceinwyn that Glyndr had gone to rest for a bit, and would be back soon. She smiled at the two of them, and bowed to them. She returned to her seat and whispered softly as she did so, "I see your gaze strays once again, Mrelyn. Tell me, cousin, does it bother you that you will never be satisfied by one like her again? No matter how many times you take her into your arms, into your bed, you will leave her needing more?" Mrelyn turned his eyes to her. "Does that bother you?"
"I will not know, in truth, until it happens. But my body," he whispered in return, "my mind, every fiber of my being says that as long as you are there, to quench the desire, I shall have no worries."
She smiled, and sipped from her goblet and then turned her emerald eys to Edith's. The woman was staring at her with venomous stares, and she merely smirked and lifted her goblet in salute to her. Then an emerald fire sparked in her eyes for a second and she let the expression on her face go cold and her eyes narrowed.
Do not play with me, cousin of the Queen. You will not like the way I play, she thought, and then turned to Mrelyn again and asked him about the next planned hunt.
"Might I go along? I should love to go hunting."
She dropped one hand below the table and stroked his leg. She smiled at him and said softly, "and like you, I always get what I hunt as well."

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 12:18
Ceinwyn excused herself briefly from the festivities, the willowy, subtle figure of a Queen moving silently down the corridors, a mass exodus leading the castle to contain a chill - but peaceful stillness. The low murmur of revellers grew softer as she stole further from the hall, bobbing her head to the few sentries left on guard as the mantle of Queenship was still stiff, still unused upon her slight shoulders. This, she noted inwardly, would take some getting used to. During the opeing feast Ceinwyn had scanned through the throngs of eager-tongued spectators for the tall, brooding figure of her dearest but of late, wayward friend Lord Glyndr; the elf whom helped her overcome the dull thud of homesickness which so consumed her when she first arrived in Gondor. Knocking sharply on his door, she pryed it open, easing in through the gap as a white, delicate shadow. " Ah so I see you are staying here...my, my - one could think you were avoiding me" she teased wolfishly, one palm resting on the hearth as she stared, quite curiously at the elf lord. Tiliting her head sideward, a smile hovered above her lips, the smile of the same calibre she'd always had; Queenship would not change her soul. Merely groom it. " Are you well? The healers said you should never have come today and though I see it has cost you" she noted shrewdly, catching his grimace of pain " I am glad you were there. But" she added sharply " next time do as they say. I cannot afford to lose you as either friend or commander. Please Glyndr" she urged, voice softer this time until her eyes drifted thoughtfully out in the vastness of black beyond, no stars save one lone Northern Star. " They'll hold vigils in Soar...for a Princess they will now never know as she becomes a Queen. Is a Queen" she corrected herself , sighing as her eyes when they snapped back to him held an aloof sense of waryness. " This cousin of yours Mrelyn - what does he know of Edith?" she asked stoutly, arching her brow." Suprised I know? - or suspect. I am no fool Glyndr" she stated bluntly, her sharpness ebbing as a warm smile returned. " And so you and Gwenneth will marry soon...I shall look forward to that day" when drawing closer she grinned, laughing aloud. " Oh did you ever think we would end up so happy, when first we met? Now I am married and a Queen and soon , very soon, you will be a father and a husband! How the wheel turns" she mused softly " and how it takes us with it"....

Edith suffered a callow, doe-eyed youth's attentions with a fragile sense of impatience as the first dish was served, a serene smile masking the furious boredom nagging beneath. Gods this is drear..why cannot I sit with Ceinwyn! She is my cousin after all! she cursed inwardly, casting a scowl up to the High Table where Ceinwyn had re-taken her place, consumed by her husbands warmth as his eyes immediately sought hers. Dropping the half eaten chicken bone down to her plate with a disillusioned sigh, she took instead to staring about the Gondorian party, deep almost sapphie blue eyes falling on Elboron. Now of him the whispers reached her ears - in love with an elven maid, one he could not touch. With a scoff Edith saw his eyes stray more then once to Gwenneth as a feirce flame of irritableness boiled in her blood. Gods she is not the only elleth in middle earth! Or the only woman in Gondor...The Prince of Ithilen was handsome this was true, she noted begrudingly - uncommonly fair coloured for a man of Gondor. Swirling the wine in her cup idly, the smile which graced her lips was oneof infinate mischeif. Well then. The game was on.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 02:46
Mrelyn arched an eyebrow as Gwenneth asked if she could hunt with him, the feel of her hand on his leg, dispelled all objections he may have had about agreeing. "of course, but you must promise me that you will do exactly as I tell you, I am out to hunt boar, they are lethal when cornered or wounded , they can rip out a dog's belly easily with their tusks," he looked at Gwenneth , a serious look in his eyes ,"An Elf is no different to a dog in flesh."
He glanced up again at Edith, he tensed that woman now trained her glances towards the Prince of Ithillien, a jealous fire began to kindle in amber eyes, It ignited into a flame when he saw that the Prince glanced towards another, that other he had seen glancing up herself at times, That other was Gwenneth.
Mrelyn said nothing, he sat back with his wine goblet held in both hands, the fire only just under control.

Glyndr eased himself into the fireside chair, his back ached too much to lay down, He stared deep into the dying embers of the fire, a glass of ruby red wine in his hand. The Elf thought of the day's events, the history now made, the ceremonies, bright colours, music and the chatter of excited voices, A world away from the calm serenity of that starlit night when Ceinwyn had met him beside the river at the Inn, It had been cold, he had leant her his cloak, they had spoken of their sorrow at their lost freedom, "Ah Ceinwyn ", he thought, "How far you have come".
As if by some strange fate, he heard her voice at his side,He jumped to stand, wincing as he placed the glass on the table,
"My Queen ", he bowed, "Yes, I thank you I am well", he replied to her question, "My back and shoulder pain me ,but it will pass, I have the luck of Elven healing".
Glyndr frowned slightly as she spoke sharply to him of his disobedience in attending the ceremonies, "My Queen, I would not have missed your most greatest, happiest moments, By my life I would not".
The Kellquenti captain listened as she spoke, her voice softening to that of the young Princess of Soar he had been thinking of.For all her new duties, and her new title, she was stil that young , alone jewel of Soar, A jewel he still held more than just fondness for.
He was brought back from his thoughts as she asked of Mrelyn and Edith.
"My Lady, what there is between my cousin and yours is theirs to know, I do not ask of his lovers, I am surprised that you know of it, I did not know myself until recently". Glyndr would say no more.
She spoke of her happiness, The Elf went to her,"yes Ceinwyn"he said softly, ignoring her title,"You are happy," he smiled his infamous smile, "And I am happy for you, I had never thought to see you so".
He poured a second, crystal glass of wine,and gave it to Ceinwyn, "I shall marry and be a father, I too have never been so happy as I am with Gwenneth".
The raven haired Elf smiled again, "To happiness and a future for us all" , he touched his own glass to Ceinwyn's, "and, Ceinwyn", his voice softer, "To you".
The Elf's ice blue eyes held the warmth of his words, they also held the feelings much deeper in his soul.

Mrelyn had had enough, Edith had been flirting with every mortal male she could , only ones of noble birth, that made him more angry.
He stood, "Gwenneth excuse me for a moment , I have something to attend to" The fire haired Elf homed in on his prey.
Asmrelyn left, a glass of rose wine was set in front of Gwenneth."My Lady, You are left all alone, please, allow me to keep you company" The ice blue eyes of Kellyn smiled into hers.

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 03:53
Gwenneth was surprised when Kellyn brought her a glass of wine. She had never even really spoken to him, so she was astounded that he would even think to keep her company.
Suddenly, she found her voice.
"Oh, of course, please sit down. I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you wait so long for an answer." She smiled at him as he sat down next to her. "I was just surprised, is all. I have never thought that you would desire to speak to me."
"I have desired to do so for some time now. It just never seemed the right time." Kellyn turned on the natural Kellquenti charm, and it showed in his ice blue eyes as they studied her bright green ones.
Gwenneth laughed softly, " And exactly how long is that?"
"Since the first time I saw you, the day we of the Kellquenti guard arrived here in Minas Tirith." He took a sip of his wine, staring at her over the rim of his goblet.
"I don't remember seeing you that day." Gwenneth was thinking hard about that day.
"You were standing on the balcony above the garden. You were wearing an ice blue gown, and you turned to look at all of us as we arrived. Of course, your eyes were drawn to Captain Glyndr, so I am not surprised that you did not notice me." He smiled at her, and she blushed. "I do remember you, Kellyn. You were at the left of Captain Glyndr, correct?"
His smile widened. "You do remember."
Gwenneth blushed shyly. "Yes, I do. You kept looking at me out of the corner of your eye."
"Well, my Captain is a lot bolder than I, my Lady." He signalled for a refill of wine. "You are not drinking your wine, my Lady.Is there something wrong with it?"
"Oh, no, not at all." The hand maid had just refilled his glass, and they clinked their goblets and drank. "Actually, it is quite good wine. I am impressed."
He smiled at her. "So besides the Captain and his cousin, and I imagine our new King, have you any plans to dance with anyone when the ball begins?"
"No one else has asked, as yet."
Kellyn bent his head and kissed her hand. "Then let me be first in line to request a dance from the exquisite elleth that has captured my Captain's heart."
He looked deep into her eyes and she felt a twinge of attraction for this young ellon. She didn't get the sensation that he was a practicer of magic, but he did have that Kellquenti charm...she lifted her goblet and looked about the room as she did. She noticed that Mrelyn and Edith were gone, and Elboron was watching her. She smiled at him, and then turned her attention back to Kellyn.
"So, why don't you have a lady of your own, Kellyn?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 11:04

before she returned...

Ceinwyn's lips drew back into an earnest smile as she bobbed her head, tapping the rim of her glass against his before, with a short gulp, she sighed, pacing beside the hearth idly. " I remember you as the careless elf lord I first saw - dark and..unique" she mused curiously, tucking back a loose tendril of rare honey gold. " I never thought to see you settle so peacefully - and to become a father also! My Glyndr, you are full of suprises" she noted with an arched teasing brow, laughing as she moved over to the terrace, inhaling the dewy scent of late afternoon as her guard lowered, the proud, lure of freedom now, rather then the regal distance of a Queen. Something stirred in Glyndr's eyes as they held so ardently to her face, his voice a mere purr...surely - no. She asserted inwardly. His desire for me has wained; he cannot love me now. Only a sharp tug at her heart bespoke of the pain she'd unwittingly deal if it were so; despite his proximity, despite his closeness. Ceinwyn's blood boiled only for Eldarion for in him was her future, her destiny and for him she'd travelled league upon league away from the wild, blessed hedgerows of her country to the flowery provinces of Gondor. Nothing would deter her from the pulse of her heart as it leapt at his mere name being hurled slurred across the courtyard by a drunken lout in a stupour. She knew - by the Gods she knew, that some nobles shared thier wifes - that even wives shared thier husbands yet in here there lay such a firm loyalty to the man behind the King, that never - not even now, would she waver from his soul. Yet the smile she offered Glyndr carried only honest regard. " To you Glyndr" Ceinwyn's voice carried softly through the tempered silence. " And your child and soon-to-be bride"

Edith scowled as Mrelyn shoved his way haughtily past the handsome young knight she spoke so quietly with, turning her face evasively aside. " I have nothing to say to you" she uttered curtly, rising with a stiff kick of the foot into his ankle and weaving amongst the courtiers, edging to stand beside Gaheris, the captain of Soar's horse guard. " And how are you faring?" she teased to the dark haired youth, leaning ever so slightly on his harm and yet never did the actute pulse of her blood let her forget that Mrelyn's eyes scolded into her body, tracing the perfect curves of its stance." Do you now there really are some horribly crude men in this palace? They cannot take no for an answer" she sighed loudly, tugging Gaheris further back until, with a grin infused with blatant mischeif, she tugged him forwards, mere paces away from the edge of the dias where she knew the King and Queens sight would catch any slight made against one of the Royal family. Come now Mrelyn, she cursed inwardly...I dare you...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 06:12
Gwenneth was beginning to feel uneasy. She excused herself from Kellyn , and asked him to wait, she would be back.
She swept out of the Hall and went to find Glyndr.
She found him, but not the way she hoped to. She walked into the room and found he and Ceinwyn in close proximity to each other.
"Well isn't this nice?" she snapped. "My Queen and my fiance...close enough to touch each other. " Fire glimmered in her eyes, and she looked at Ceinwyn. "Your married cousin has chosen to assume something she has no business assuming and has been mistreating a guest in your court ever since. All because his ill cousin called him away from her, and then he came to check on me, when asked to by Glyndr. I don't know about married women in Soar, but somehow, I don't think your husband would be pleased to know his cousin-in-law is mistreating a guest in his court merely because he had family duties that took precedence over him seducing her when she wanted him to, my Queen." She kept her voice level and soft. "I bear you no ill, Queen Ceinwyn nor do I wish to see your reputation tarnished by the misdeeds of your cousin, which is what will happen. I do not want that to happen to you, because I do consider you as much my friend as Eldarion."
She turned to Glyndr and said sadly, "You tell me you are not well and must come to rest, and I find you here with our Queen, with that same light of desire and longing in your eyes you have always had for her. A longing and desire you told me you no longer felt." She swallowed hard. "Thank you , Glyndr, for making me the fool." She turned and exitted the room, and she had made it only a few steps down the hall when she ran into Elboron coming around the corner."Gwenneth, are you alright?" She shook her head no, and he pulled her down the hall to his room.
"What is it?"
"I thought I chose wisely. Now there is a power hungry wench making eyes at you in the hall, who is married and angry because Glyndr's cousin chose to spend time with family rather than warming her bed, Glyndr's passion for other women has not cooled at all, I just don't know why things have gone so horribly wrong for me." She broke down and began to sob, and he put his arm around her. "Hush, Gwenneth. It's alright. Everything is going to be okay. You know I only have eyes for you, even though you are engaged to marry Glyndr and you will bear his child. The only one I even saw in the Great Hall was you. I noticed no others." He smiled at her. "My offer still stands. If at anytime you are tired of the games he plays with your heart, you have a place with me." He kissed her softly on the forehead. "Now, shall we go back to the Hall?"
Gwenneth looked at Elboron and shook her head. "Please tell Eldarion that I am sorry, but I will be back as soon as I can. I don't know if Ceinwyn has returned from being with Glyndr yet." She ignored the look he gave her, and she sighed. "I don't deserve you, Elboron." She kissed her fingers and pressed them to his lips. He grabbed her hand and kissed it , and then kissed her. She was surprised and then pulled back and said, "No, Elboron. I cannot." He nodded, then said,"You may remain here as long as you wish." She smiled as he went out the door.
Then she set her mind to work. She sought out Mrelyn, reminding him that he was hers, and telling him that Glyndr had not changed, and that she needed Mrelyn to come to her right away. She went to the door, opened it and checked in the hall. When she saw no one there, she slipped out and went to her room, padding on silent feet.
She had almost reached her door when Mrelyn caught up with her. "Gwenneth, what is wrong?" A maid went by, and Gwenneth responded, loud enough for the maid to hear. "I am not feeling well, dear cousin." She entered her room with him, and as soon as the door was closed, she said,"Glyndr is still in love with the Queen. He wants her in his bed instead of me. I saw it in the way he was looking at her when I walked in on them."

[Edited on 4/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 11:23
The fire haired Elf strode to where Edith stood. he shoved the young knight that she spoke with hard ,with a curse telling him begone.
He grippped Edith's arm, "Woman, you will listen to me NOW!
I shall not just let you walk away from me!" he swore loudly as she kicked him,turning the heads of many of the noble guests, to stare at the fiery haired Elf whose language matched.
Mrelyn followed her as she tried to lose him amongst the crowds, smiling wickedly as he saw her deliberately manoevre Gaheris to stand close to the dias.she dared him.
Mrelyn dared.
He slid close, his amber eyes locked on Gaheris. "The Lady and I have a private matter to discuss" the Elf dismissed the soldier with a growl.
he discreetly slid his arm around Edith's waist, and with a firm grip half dragged her to a quiet corner."You Madam , are coming with me".
The Elf pushed her back into the corner, his body blocking her escape."Now woman we shall talk", Mrelyn's amber eyes locked onto hers. "you did not give me a chance of an explanation, you never do", he placed his hand onthe side of her face then slid it to grip her chin in an iron grip, "So I shall not give you one", he contnued.
He moved closer his face only inches from hers, "but what I will give you is a promise that I shall make you mine, you shall again be my lover" he smiled a perfect smile of Kellquenti charm, his voice a low whisper,"I know you desire what only I can give..you will come to me.. I have you woman".
Mrelyn jumped imperceptibly as he heard Gwenneth call to him in his mind, he stood back from Edith with another rare smile."remember,you shall find no other to match you.."
His look as he left spoke of his determination to have her again as a lover.

Kellyn smiled shyly as he answered Gwenneth's question,"My Lady, I have not yet found an elleth with whom I should wish to bind my soul with forever in a love match,my duty as a soldier takes much of my time and war shall soon be upon us" bright blue eyes smiled at Gwenneth as the soldier sat back "but I have time enough yet to find her".
The soldier stood and bowed as Gwenneth excused herself."Of course my Lady, I shall await your return, do not hurry on my account", he lied...

Glyndr stood with Ceinwyn on the terrace,they drank the ruby wine and spoke of times past and of their friendship as they wished each other happines.
Ceinwyn's closeness enflamed all too familiar desires in him,and always the thought"If only things were different" lingered in his soul, Glyndr knew in his heart it could never be.that love could never kindle to become a flame, and now events and time had put too much in the way.
The captain must forget whatever hopes he had ..he must, for the sake of his dear friend Ceinwyn and himself,....but could he ?...could he so easily?...
Glyndr turned sharply as Gwenneth appeared, his hand gripped the wine glass so hard it shattered into a million crystal shards.
He saw his Flower's expression change from surprise to almost anger as she spoke to Ceinwyn of her cousin.
The Kellquenti captain said nothing as Gwenneth spoke to him accusation veiled in her voice, How could he explain the friendship that he shared with Ceinwyn ? the loyalty he had for that friendship, and yes, he knew she had seen the look in his eyes.
Glyndr could only watch as the only true love that would ever matter to him left in hurt and anger.
He wanted to run to her to take her in his arms and try to explain, but he knew that now it would do no good, he must wait until later.
Glyndr sat onthe edge of the bed with a sigh he pulled a tiny crystal shard from his hand,, "Ceinwyn", still he ignored the title, "She is angry and hurt",he looked up at Ceinwyn, "My friend what shall I do ? I cannot lose her.it would kill me"
He rubbed the bridge of his nose, he suddenly felt very sick.

Mrelyn ran, Gweneth had called to him, something must be very wrong.
He found her almost at her door, he asked what was wrong concern in his voice.
The red haired Elf listened in silence as Gweneth spoke of Glyndr.
Mrelyn ran his hands through his hair as he paced the room,
"No Gweneth, there must be some mistake, Glyndr loves only you with such a passion, I am as a brother to him , I know him better than he knows himself" , Mrelyn turned to Gwenneth. "Come , angel sit with me , tell me everything, tell me your fears on this , we cannot let a misunderstanding shatter such a perfect love match".

[Edited on 4/4/2005 by elflyn]

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 11:44
She angrily pushed him away."I might have known you would take his side. There is no love match. I saw it in his eyes, the same look he has always given her. He told me himself that if he could, he would have chosen her, Mrelyn. Then he told me that flame had died. He lied. It was there in his eyes as he stared at her. he lied and said he was not well. He was certainly well enough to stand on the balcony, drinking wine with her and making eyes at her." She threw herself across her bed and began sobbing again.
Mrelyn was torn between wanting to comfort her and wanting to take Glyndr by the scruff of the neck and shake him.
He finally stretched out on the bed next to her and slowly stroked her hair and rubbed her back. He heard a mewling sound, and he scooped up Witch off the floor and placed her near Gwenneth's ear so she could hear her purring. Gwenneth sat up and cradled the kitten, and then there was a knock on the door. Mrelyn went over and opened it.
"Is Lady Gwenneth alright?"
Mrelyn turned to Gwenneth and said, "Kellyn from Glyndr's guard is here to check up on you. Shall I let him in?"
Gwenneth sat up and wiped her tears away, and wiped her face with a cloth from the wash basin. "Yes I would like to see him."
Kellyn entered the room, looking rather nervous. Gwenneth smiled at him and said, "Thank you for coming to check up on me. I appreciate it. I was not feeling well and wanted to lay down for a few minutes."
Kellyn knew she was lying, but he was glad to see that he could make her smile.
"I think I am ready to return to the hall now, would you escort me?"
Kellyn stood and said,"It would be an honor and a pleasure to do so, my Lady." He offered her his arm and he escorted her back to her seat, and then retreated to his, Mrelyn settling himself bewteen them.
Eldarion looked at her with concern, and she patted her stomach, to imply the pregnancy had made her feel not quite right. He noded that he understood, and smiled at her. She smiled back, a little wistfully, and more than a little sadly.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 04:32
Mrelyn.
The copper haired Elf had been surprised at Gwenneth's immediate reaction that he would somehow have taken Glyndr's side.
He hadn't.
He knew that Glyndr held more than just the love for a friend for Ceinwyn and had done since they first met, He and Glyndr were as brothers as close in thought , they shared each other's fears, each other's secrets. only Felyon knew more about Glyndr than he.
Mrelyn could not believe Glyndr would be so stupid to let that desire go beyond just a wish in his heart, that his cousin would knowingly risk the happiness he had finally found with an Elleth he loved beyond his own life and a new life to be born, his child. Mrelyn needed to speak with Glyndr very soon.
He thought of Edith, a wicked smile on his face, she was a feisty, wilful woman with a mind of her own and a mood to match that of a stormy winter's day,
He wanted her.
Mrelyn remembered long evenings and nights in Soar,Illicit meetings at noon ,hidden discreetly from prying eyes in the summer house, Mrelyn would not forget those times, he would have her as his lover again.
The hunter was setting his trap.
Gwenneth, the Elf was fearful for her, Glyndr's errant ways had taken their toll, His own desire for her growing ever stronger,he both cared for her and desired her as the beautiful Elleth she was. He was unsure of her feelings for him,He had shared her love, perhaps that was all she would ever give , just half of herself. He wished for more.
Kellyn.
The young soldier had been nervous as he approached Gwenneth , he had seen Glyndr leave,and now Mrelyn had left her alone. He had taken his courage and gone to speak with her.He had always admired her, and longed to speak with her, but she was a member of the Royal household and he was only a soldier. He knew his captain -god was interested in her, and when they became close , he had felt both happiness for his captain , but a little sadness for himself,even though he could never hope to win her affections.
The soldier was so excited and happy when she accepted the drink and spoke with him . she had not rejected his offer .
When she left to go to Glyndr , he had lied when he said that she could take as much time as she wanted, he was disappointed.
Time went on and he became worried ,again he took courage and went in search of her,
He found her with Mrelyn, she was crying ,she said she was fine , He knew different. he would say nothing for now, but he would find out what troubled her.
They sat in the hall again Mrelyn had placed himself between them, Kellyn felt a new excitement , a strange feeling he had not felt before, He knew that it was the beautiful Elleth that caused them.
He would find his courage again soon.

Glyndr

The Elf still sat on the bed, Ceinwyn was still there.
He bowed his head, he felt very sick, his hand bled where the glass had become embedded, crimson rivers running over his pale skin.
He was lost.
He was unsure of what to do, If he went to Gwenneth now,
she would never believe him. yet he knew he must speak with her to save allthat they had.
What if she would not listen?
he could not bear the thought'
Gwenneth was his life, without her he had no life, he had given her his guarded heart and soul. He trusted her not to shatter them into a million ice crystal shards like the glass he had held in his hand. In hers she held his life.
He sighed again, War would be upon them soon, If she decided to forsake his love, he would throw his frozen heart and soul into battle.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 05:55
Edith winced as Mrelyn pushed her abruptly against the wall, biting his thumb with the litheness of a defensive reflex. " You cannot control me you foolish elf! Go back to the elleth; Gods know you deserve each other! I wonder if her fiance thinks of it that way also?" she goaded recklessly, matching the force of his glare with her own eyes scolding deeply into his face, infused with an impenetrable state of loathing that its force stunned even her. " no perhaps I cannot find another such as you; another Mrelyn. But believe me, I will find some other man who will not take me for such the fool again. I swear it!" she cursed sourly " You are no better from Victor! He uses me when he pleases, the only differance being I bare the scars!" she seethed furiously " he thinks I do not know - he lies and he cheats and you are nothing but an elf with more time on his hands and more charm then he knows what to do with. Have your elleth; I need you no more"

Earlier in the chamber...

Ceinwyn's eyes averted sharply to the low murmur of court revellers still muffled and faint in the backdrop as a bleak, resonating thread of sound; quite different from the cool stillness which hung so bleaky amongst those gathered in Glyndr's chambers. With a brief, sombre smile first to Glyndr and then, though strained to Gwenneth, she departed, the mantle of Queenship easing proudly over her shoulders, the wistful youth of mere moments before was instantly masked by the firm swiftness of her even steps.Pausing a few moments after the elleth left, she turned back into the chamber, cursing agast as she saw the elf's hands weeping blood. Running lithely over to where he crouched, she yanked he first shred of cloth she could find and bound it tightly so as to stop the blood about his palm, her voice low and assuring as it pleaded with his wits to return, that all was not lost; that the elleth was over-reaching herself in thinking such blasphemy. " Come" she urged earnestly, hoisting him up carefully to his feet when, brushing the dust from his shoulders she pressed her hand to his cheek as if feeling for some ounce of warmth to reassure her there still breathed some sense of life beneath the pale smoothness of his skin. " Return with me: please, I cannot leave you like this!" she blanched sternly, leading him back into the bustle of the high raftered hall.

Emerging discreetly back into the feasting chamber, her usually soft blue eyes tensed as she watched Edith's brazen flow across the dancefloor, pausing at the edge of the dias with Gaheris placcable at her side. The exchange seemed to taint the air with an ecliptic heat of lust and yet beneathe it, Ceinwyn caught the flash of anger ripple across her cousin's deep, sapphire blue eyes. So it is true....and with Mrelyn. The tugging suspicion having been vague for a few days now solidified at the blatant antics played so boldly before her very eyes, Gwenneth's warning resonating in the abbsess of memory.

Eldarion sensed the simmer of fury boiling beneath the facade of joyous peace as she rose, a perfect smile curving upon the full lips which so often snared his words as even now, every fibre of his body yearned for her touch, her warmth, her scent. The folds of the crips white gown moulded on the floor whence she stood, yet carefully, Gaheris blocked the pair from view so a shred of aloof privacy remained apparent." Why is the air between you, Mrelyn and Gwenneth so heated? Speak now cousin for you have chosen the wrong day to play the fool" she noted quietly, yet the force - the sheer power behind her words fell upon ears already burning with the whispers of Mrelyn's confidance. Edith's cheeks glowed crimson, eyes darting back to where Gwenneth was being helped in her seat; the image of the elleth's hostile flash of the eyes poured out from her lips but Ceinwyn's gaze never wavered. " I asked you" she retorted bluntly. Edith's lower lip curled dourly, her words forming through a hiss. " She's been goading me ever since I arrived - the heated wench is bedding no more then two elfs! No, tis true Ceinwyn; I am sorry if that spoils her angelic image" she sneered, drawing her shoulders back defensively.

" Regardless. I know you Edith; I know your ways and one more look that crosses between you and by the Gods cousin or no, I'll have both you before a magistrate do you understand! You and Mrelyn!" she cursed stiffly, turning abruptly on her heels and striding back to the dias. Eldarion's hand gripped her own firmly as her breathing stilled to something close to normal. Mere moments later, Eldarion himself rose from the dias on the pretence of speaking to some prominent warlord when, slipping beside Gwenneth, hsi voice became tempered with a curious mix of both tenderness and warning." "My Queen and my fiance...close enough to touch each other. " - your words I believe? It does not matter how close Ceinwyn is to any man she would never stray. Please do not border on insinuating such a thing" he repimanded firmly " she is your Queen. Would you be so quick as to judge me? Or what now, with my closeness to you, if she said the same thing? Hormones I think" he smiled ruefully, taking a goblet of offered wine. " Oh do not worry; I spoke to you about it so Ceinwyn didn't need to...she's had enough of reminding people of their duties today I think" he noted blankly with a brief glance to Edith whom now,poised beside Gaheris once more with a scowl which would break a lesser mans heart, averted even agnowledging either Gwenneth or Mrelyn. " And on our wedding day there is still someone to marr it for us" he shook his head bitterly, swirling the wine moodily in his cup until, rising from the dregs of thoughtfulness, he smiled, gesturing towards her belly. " How very pleased I am for you - but I do not think it is hormones which makes you so sad. Come Gwenneth" he urged earnestly" you can tell me - and look your fiance has joined us again! Surely that must be of soem delight; won't you go to him?"

[Edited on 4/4/2005 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 06:30
The elleth's eyes narrowed at Edith. She maintained herself, however, and she shook her head and said loud enough for her friends close to her to hear, "She thinks because Mrelyn comes to check on me after I have sat up worrying about my fiance, his cousin, that that is proof that I am bedding him? I am not the one who is married and running to the arms of another because I have made a mistake in who I married." Her friends twittered, and she added," And I didn't realize saying hello was goading someone."
." "My Queen and my fiance...close enough to touch each other. " - your words I believe? It does not matter how close Ceinwyn is to any man she would never stray. Please do not border on insinuating such a thing"

When Eldarion finished, she turned her emerald eyes to him, and said softly," I told Ceinwyn that I held no ill to her.I was not insinuating that she would stray. The implication was toward my betrothed." Her voice was low in his ear, so that others would not hear. "He still desires to bed someone else, other than me. I saw it in his eyes, and he told me he no longer had feelings for any other. I think I have a right to be angry with him, my King. As to your proximity to me, or any other, since I am not engaged to any that you would be drawn to , it would not occur to me to question it. Besides, I am sure the Queen knows that I was rejected by you when I spoke of my feelings for you, that you laughed at me. I do not think the thought would even cross her mind. Yes, perhaps it is hormones. But my hormones did not put the fire of lust in Glyndr's eyes for another woman. I am sorry if I caused you trouble again, Eldarion, but this time, I am innocent of the attempt. I accused the Queen of nothing."
She took a sip from her goblet, and looked at him, and said softly again, in his ear. "Perhaps I made the wrong choice after all, perhaps I should have listened to you, mellon nin." Her eyes flicked to Elboron, who was watching her again. She took another sip of her wine, and smiled sadly at Eldarion.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 07:59
Glyndr had not wanted to return with Ceinwyn, he needed time to think, already he felt the true force of what had happened. It was he who was at fault, he who must beg forgiveness of the one he loved , the one he had hurt with his deciet.
He went anyway he trusted Ceinwyn .
The captain did not go straight to the table, he stood , his back against the wall , he watched as Ceinwyn spoke to Edith, neither looked happy as they parted.
He saw Mrelyn and Kellyn talking , Felyon had disappeared to another table of Kellquenti guards, entertaining them with his tales and gossip.
His ice blue gaze fell on Gweneth,as she sat with Eldarion, his heart missed a beat as he saw her, his beautiful Flower.he knew he must go to her soon.
The Elf waited until the King had obviously finished his conversation with her before he took a deep breath and walked, a pale ghost of a Kellquenti to the table.
"My King", he bowed low,"Please forgive the intrusion, but I must speak with my betrothed alone ".
Glyndr bowed again as he took Gwenneth's arm, he felt her resist, but knew she would not create a scene in front of Eldarion, she was too well mannered, and aware of court protocol.Gwenneth knew how to behave inRoyal company, even if he did not.
The captain led her to the gardens, the evening light a soft lavender, early moths fluttered amongst the climbing honeysuckle and roses of the walled gardens, a crescent new moon , pale and low in the sky.
Glyndr stopped at a stone statue, two lovers cast in stone, "how very ironic" he thought.
The pale Elf faced his Flower, "I have no right to have brought you here, maybe I should not have come, but I must speak with you". Glyndr ran his hands through his hair, he wore it loose now he was not on duty , it fell in raven waves across his shoulders and fell down his back to his waist,
He glanced up , ice blue eyes held fear and guilt, "Forgive me, I did not mean to hurt you so much He looked into her emrald eyes, he saw so many memories there, memories of their love.
The captain took a deep breath, "Gwenneth, I have been so thoughtless, selfish, so stupid, so very stupid to have held on to a desire I should have forsaken a long time ago, please, give me one chance to prove to you that I can give up this demon ".
Glyndr shook his hair back over his shoulder as he took a sprig of honeysuckle in his hand, the ice blue gaze returned to Gwenneth,
"My love I cannot find words to tell you how much I love you, only you and always shall, this is my fault alone, and I deserve nothing from you , but I ask forgiveness, if you shall give it".
The Kellquenti sighed, "Gwenneth I do not expect you to answer now, the hurt runs too deep, I know, but, if you should choose to break our love bond, I shall release you with my love, I do not deserve your love, I only wish you now, to be happy. I have ruined everything, "
Glyndr placed the sprig of fragrant honeysuckle in her hair before leaving her, moving silently as a ghost back to the castle, He turned as he left, "My Flower, do not take too long in your decision,I must know our future.please".
Glyndr could now only hope.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 04:19
"If you walk away now, you walk away forever, because I will no longer chase you." Gwenneth called out to Glyndr. He stopped, and when he turned around, she beckoned to him. He returned to her side and she said,"Let me make this perfectly clear, Glyndr. She does not want you. You will never have her. I have given myself, my body, my soul freely to you for your pleasure. I have endured pain for you. I have given you pleasure, and received pleasure. I have begged for your life. I have threatened to take my own if you were to die. Yes, Glyndr-when you felt that coldness when you were wounded, it was because I had lost hope and told Eldarion that when you died, I would kill myself and the children I carry, because i cannot bear to live without you. You have become the reason that I live. You are the one who holds my heart and my soul. We are entwined with each other. I have given up being the wife of a Prince for you, because it is you that I desire to be with forever. I was honest with you, I told you of my feelings for Eldarion, for Elboron, too. I also told you that I was giving up me desire to be with either one of them, for you. You swore to me that you were giving up your desire for Ceinwyn, and yet, when I walked in that room today, I saw in your eyes that you would still choose her over me." She lowered her voice."I give myself to you and to your cousin, with no qualms. I have known all along that you are both of a magic background. I knew that you would give me the ultimate in pleasure because of the background. But you have also given me pain, because the flames of desire are far too strong in you. So, I will tell you this. If you desire to be with someone else, and she accepts willing, and it is NOT either our Queen or any relative of hers, then you may be with her. But, for every one you are with, I will be with one. Mrelyn does not count, since you gave him to me, by virtue of the game,and he is never going to be satisfied by anyone else again. And yes, the game will continue. But you must know this and accept it. Whoever I choose, as long as they are not our King or any of his relatives, you may not seek retribution against, in any way. Those are the new rules of this game we play, Glyndr. Do you accept them, or do you walk away from me and our children forever? I still love you, I will be your wife, I will bear these children of yours and be a good mother to them. I will stand by your side forever. But I need to know whether you accept the new way will this game or not?"

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:15
The Elf captain turned to walk away, back to the bright hall, the excitement and the dancing that would soon begin, his mind not on the festivities,he did not want to go back, when his heart and soul would not be in it, his every thought on her answer,and what it might be.
Through his thoughts he heard her call to him, he stopped,frozen, had she an answer?
The Elf returned as she told him she would not chase him any longer, he never expected her to, it was he who must now do the chasing.
Glyndr listened as the Elleth spoke,her words drove deep,she spoke the truth, a truth he had been too wrapped up in his own desires to have seen, He turned paler, and shuddered as she told of wanting to take her own life if he lost his, "Gods", he thought" she would do that because she could not live without me? then her love for me must be as strong and unbreakable as mine is for her, ".the thought that she would do that had frightened him.
When she had finished speaking , and had asked an answer to her question, he stood silent for a moment,he thought deep and hard.
"Gwenneth", the Elf finally spoke, "I hear all that you have said,
In all it is the truth, a truth I have been too ignorant to see, I will not let what we have be destroyed and lost forever". He paused, his ice blue eyes held a darker fire, unreadable.
"I accept", his voice ice calm.
Silence hung between them like a highly charged mist.
The half smile returned, breaking the moment.
"Come, let us return to the hall, they will miss us", he held out his pale, many ringed hand to her, A new angle now in their relationship, a new agreement set.

Mrelyn toyed with the wine goblet in his hand, he kept glancing towards the door, Where had Glyndr and Gwenneth got to?.
Kelyn sat beside him, he stared woefully into his own goblet.he had been so close to his dream, a promised dance with her, and now that dream seemed shattered and lost.
His captain had not looked happy when he left with Gwenneth,the soldier had given up hope of seeing them at the hall again, he sighed as he stared deeper into the goblet.
"Another game?",Mrelyn's voice made him jump.
"Oh..er..yes",Kellyn turned his gaze to Mrelyn, They had ben playing a game of chance with a dice and coins to while away the time. Kellyn was one game up, and Mrelyn would not be beaten.
Mrelyn stared across the room at Edith as he threw the dice down hard, he wondered what Ceinwyn had said to her, well he still had a few words to say to her, and he would make sure she heard them,He would lay in wait for her, and catch her before the end of the evening...
His thoughts were broken by Felyon's loud giggling, Mrelyn and Kellyn turned with amused smiles, The Kellquenti guards had plied him with as much wine as they themselves drank, the Sylentor was well under the influence yet, not fully drunk , The guards listened eagerly as Felyon's tales became wilder and more interesting as he became more mellow.
The two Elves grinned at each other and shook their heads, Both suddenly turned towards the door, they thought they had seen Glyndr and Gwenneth reurning at last.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 07:10
" Glyndr looks at other women?" Eldarion repeated the words with dubious unease, shifting slightly in his seat as the words washed over his senses, beguiling the volatile shred of civilness between the pair; if there indeed was any civilty left. " Indeed does he - ah Gwenneth what to say" he blanched dourly, eyes soft as they rested to her face, a rueful smile hovering upon his lips. " Do not speak of Edith so freely as you did just then - word carries quickly. Now that is a form of goading for you have freely just intensified the rumours surrounding you both starkly" he noted warily " I warn you for your own good. She could sue you for slander Gwenneth; no-one has proof for what you speak of. And no Ceinwyn did not laugh at you - she does not know. She does not need to know" he stipulated gently, lowering his voice an octive " for the good of us both". Running a hand through his tousled dark hair, he sighed wistfully, taking a deep swig of the mulled wine before him. " I think perhaps both me and my Queen should stay out from other people's relationships from now on. It is not fair for us to constantly question what goes on behind closed doors - so alas I leave whatever choice you find up to you. But please - do not even look at Edith if you cannot be civil. You forget how well I know you" he grinned wolfishly " I know when your goading someone even if its not intentional. It's in your blood - as it is in all of ours" his sharp blue-grey eyes snapped briefly to Glyndr before shrugging, he rose and with a shrewd wink to the elleth he stode back to the dias, throwing a casual comment over his shoulder. " As to the other - subject. That is for you to decide, My blessing goes with you"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 08:23
When Gwenneth and Glyndr returned to the Hall and retook their seats, she laughingly said to Mrelyn,"Be careful. I have heard stories of Kellyn's substantial skills." She paused and said "With the dice, I mean." and she winked at Kellyn, producing a blush and a stare. She picked up her goblet and leaned back to hear what a friend was saying. She giggled and put her finger to her lips. "I am afraid to know," she whispered back. "If one cannot hold the attentions of two men, that's a problem." They giggled again, looking across the room, and then turning away to keep from hysterics.
"If you would excuse me a moment, my dear, I feel a need to return to my chamber for a few moments." She said to Glyndr, leaning over and kissing him deeply. "I love you."
Glyndr smiled and placed his hand against her cheek. "As I love you." He looked to Kellyn,and said,"Please escort my bride -to-be to her quarters to get what she needs. I cannot, as she insists I rest, but I do not wish her to go alone, as too many eyes have been watching her movements." He looked pointedly across the way at Elboron, who smirked in return as if he knew something Glyndr did not.
Kellyn rose, and pulled out Gwenneth's chair. "My Lady." She rose and took his arm, and he he escorted her from the room. If he saw her cast a wink at Elboron, he said nothing.
When they got to her room, Kellyn looked around. He had never been in a lady of the court's rooms. Gwenneth pulled her lighter wrap out of the closet, and deposited the heavier one on the floor. She smiled at Kellyn's wonderment, and walked over and said "Kellyn," as soft as a breeze. When he turned his head, she kissed him and smiled. "Thank you." she said.
"For what, my Lady?"
"Being a gentleman." She took his arm and walked with him to the door. "You know , Kellyn, I do believe we will become very good friends."
His lips tingled from her kiss, and he nodded. It was all he could do.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 09:00
My Lady", Kellyn swallowed hard , his emotions running wild, "Please, " he went swiftly to her,he could see she had trouble fixing her wrap about her shoulders, "Please, allow me",
The soldier placed the wrap gently around her shoulders,his hands shaking as he tried to fasten it at her throat with a ruby pin.
He smiled, "Oh forgive me,I fumble like a young lad on his first.." he stopped ,realising what he was about to say. he laughed softly, "Forgive me ,a soldier's barrack phrase, I am sorry, I hope I have not offended you"
Bright blue eyes looked nervously into hers, but they held a deeper strength
An errant lock of raven hair fell down across his eyes, he pushed it back with trembling fingers.
"My Lady...I .." he faltered, " I ..er" his hand stayed at the clasp at her throat, the bright blue eyes still gazed into hers.
Kellyn felt all those new feelings he had felt, and dreamt, now very, very real for the first time. He stood no chance.
His hand moved to her neck., then softly to her face, he was terrified that she would reject his nervous advances.
"My Lady I.. want..." again his voice failed him.
"I want...." was all he said as he leant to kiss her, a nervous, tentative nip on her lower lip.
Gwenneth had not moved, she had not slapped him or rebuked him in any way, he took his courage yet again,
He moved closer, his body pressed to hers as he kissed her again, a bolder, deeper kiss.
He stood back , breathing deeply, "My Lady Gwenneth, the dance you promised can wait a while longer, shall you dance with me here?" Kellyn heard himself ask her , it was as though it was another that spoke, yet he meant it , oh, he meant it, every word and feeling.
The soldier knew he risked everything, Gwenneth was betrothed to his captain - god, yet he needed, wanted, desired her above any female he had ever seen or knew.
He awaited his fate.
He hoped his Kellquenti gods were smiling on him, right now.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email