Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and the Crown *free!*
on: April 10, 2005 10:47
Mrelyn's dream became reality.. more than reality.. the fire of the hunt burned in them both, the primeval force took them as they coupled in a frenzy of an ancient force, blood covered and dusty, hot from the chase.
After, they lay amongst the cool ferns and grasses, the horses grazed at at the edge of a stream, Ember lay inthe shade of a tall oak, completely sated with the reward of the stag's liver.
Gwenneth set out the food, fresh bread, cheeses, ham and cold meats, mead, and elderberry wine to drink.
Mrelyn lay back on the cool grass, not very unlike the herb scented grass of his dream.
He was drunk on the thrill of the hunt, the Elderberry wine heady, Gwenneth's smile as she finished her wine spoke a thousand words.
Mrelyn's dream became reality.
The beautiful Elleth of his dream completed the dream to perfection.
Too soon they knew they must return. Orc hunting a new challenge.
"Gwenneth" Mrelyn kissed her softly,"If only", he smiled as he threw the deer over Kestrel's back.
"come my hunting partner, we have other quarry to hunt before we reach the city..are you with me.. or shall we return with just a deer fallen to our bows?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 12:39
Gwenneth smiled at him, but still a question about what he had said lingered in her mind If only... If only what?
"Oh no, we shall hunt orc as well, provided we can find them."
They set off, and had ridden not far when they found the signs of an orc camp, but it was obviously an old one. They kept going, the long way around.
Suddenly, in front of them, there was a loud snapping and crackling sound in the forest and a half dozen orcs were suddenly there in front of them.
Gwenneth's eyes shone bright green as she looked at Mrelyn, his eyes glowing golden in the late afternoon light.
The two hunters nocked arrows and began lining up their shots. Mrelyn signalled that Gwenneth should move off slightly to the right, as he moved about four feet to the left, and then they had the cover of trees in front of them to keep the orcs from spotting them.
They began to fire at the same time, taking out four orcs in short order. One of them began to flee , the other charged for where he saw one of Gwenneth's arrows come from.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 12:58
"Gwenneth!, get back!" , Mrelyn's voice a half strangled cry as he saw the orc, its dagger drawn, lunging to where Gwenneth hid.
The hunter leapt at it, he met it head on as it leapt towards her, they hit the ground and rolled , Mrelyn fighting desperately to wrench the blade from its clawed hands.
They fought viciously,the orc tearing at Mrelyn with wicked claws and fangs as the Elf held it by the throat ,throttling the foul devil.
The second orc returned, it saw its chance, the cursed, copper haired Elf was very vulnerable as he fought its companion.
It leapt back towards them , a black bladed orc scimitar drawn.
It raised the evil blade to strike. The blow never fell.
A russet blur leapt from nowhere with a snarl. Ember's sharp fangs tore at foul orc flesh.
With a hideous screech the massive orc hurled the hound from him, Ember yelped as he fell , rolling into the undergrowth.
Mrelyn heard Ember's yelp, he turned sharply.
A dark shadow fell across him.
The Elf looked up into evil, red eyes.A black blade raised for the kill...

Glyndr finally arrived at the watchroom, the captain in a black mood. he had woken to find Gwenneth gone, he knew she was going hunting.He had just grunted his annoyance at the empty space at his side, then promptly turned over and fell asleep again.
He was now very late and very bad tempered.
The Guard all jumped to attention as the angry captain strode past them to his office.
Glyndr slammed the door behind him and sat at his desk his head in his hands. More paperwork taunted him from the desk top.
The captain could not stand it.
He stormed out of the office and through the watchroom, ignoring requests for signatures and urgent notes.
Glyndr calmed considerably as he walked in the warm sun,
As he passed the stables at a distance, he noticed a new horse, a very pretty palfrey, the King and Queen were standing by it, the Elf looked closer in curiousity, another stood with them, a woman, not unlike Ceinwyn in her bearing and features.
The captain sat on a low wall in the sun ,he wondered who she was, his natural curiosity killing him...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 03:45
Two arrows piercing, one through the neck, and the black blade fell harmlessly to the side. Gwenneth hurried to check Ember.
"His leg is broke, and I think a couple of ribs, Mrelyn. Are you okay? "
Mrelyn came over and lifted his best friend off the ground, and carried him to his horse.
"I can take him," Gwenneth offered, but Mrelyn shook his head.
"I don't think he'll lay still for you." he said grimly.
They mounted up in silence and not a word passed between them on the long journey home.
Prince Elboron nervously made his way out by the stables. He had been told by a maidservant that his company had arrived.
When he got there, he stopped in his tracks.
She was so much like Ceinwyn, but a little taller, and with dimples when she smiled. As they were introduced by the Queen, the words, 'the sister of the Queen' passed to Glyndr, and his hopes of ever touching her fell.
Elboron took Ariel by the arm, and strolled with her and Ceinwyn to the gardens, while Eldarion retreated inside to do copious amounts of paperwork.
Late that afternoon, there was a clattering of hooves, as Mrelyn and Gwenneth rode back up. Gwenneth slid from the saddle before Windseeker had even stopped, and ran to get a healer to see if they could help the poor dog.
Glyndr came out of his office when he heard the ruckus, and Gwenneth was just returning with the healer when Glyndr was heard shouting,"You took my bride to be hunting ORCS?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 04:29
Eldarion observed the delight shared between the sisters with a palpable, tender pride, slipping his arm loosely about his wife's waist until with a reluctant kiss to her temple, he strode back up into the draftee confines of the castle. Ceinwyn eyed his retreating back ardently before with a brisk shake of the head she turned a curious smile back towards her eldest sister, linking her arm through Ariel's. Memories of dewy summer dances clouded her memory in a fog of idle bliss until sighing, she uplifted her face to her elder sister, smiling with a soft warmth." You are greiving still. Oh Ariel would that I could help you..." she mused earnestly, tucking a wry lock of gold behind her hair, gathering her thoughts carefully." Have you seen Edith yet? She is here also" she added cautiously, aware as ever of the actue hostility between the pair, senses as sharp as her husbands catching the slight dip in Ariel's head. Ceinwyn led Ariel out into the secluded courtyard, eager for any news from her beloved Soar, perching on a stone bench and staring with a listless calm at the lush, red knot gardens curling around the thick, ancient oaks dotted around the breadth of the gardens. " It does me good to ahve you here sister...how long will you be here for?" she asked quietly, a small laugh escaping from her parted lips as she tilted her head sideward. " Imagine this! leaving Soar as you mere sister and next time you see me I am a Queen! Have I changed much do you think?" she teased doltishly, shaking her tawny head when lowering her voice gently, her smile became one of an infinate warmth. " And how are you? Oh Ariel I have missed you! And with what you have been going through as well...I can understand to a degree what it must be like. To lose half of you" she noted honestly, flicking a brief glance back up at the towers of the castle before it settled tenderly back on her sister's lovely face.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:56
Mrelyn crouched at Ember's side , he had wrapped the dog in his cloak and laid him gently on the ground.The hunter ignored Glyndr's angry attack, his hound more important.
" Just what In Valar's name do you think you were doing? you stupid, thoughtless,reckless idiot!!"Glyndr pulled Mrelyn to his feet roughly.
"hunting is not about just chasing little rabbits, Glyndr.just sometimes you take your chances with more wilder prey,we found some, and were not about to let them go," Mrelyn countered with barely hidden anger. How dare his cousin stand there shouting at him.
Glyndr stood his ground he could see his stronger , broader cousin was getting defensive,"I will NOT have you putting her at risk again, hunting is too dangerous a game," Glyndr pushed Mrelyn hard in the chest, blue eyes flashing in anger.
"Gweneth is perfectly capable of looking after herself, she is not a stupid female who knows nothing,she knew the risks, she , if you must know, saved my life, so for god's sake give her some credit!" Mrelyn pushed Glyndr hard in his shoulder,
Glyndr gripped a handful of copper hair, he pulled his cousin close,"If this were not a public place I would beat the hell out of you!", he growled, his voice low and threatening.
"Never , ever take her hunting again, I forbid it, do you hear?!".
Mrelyn tensed, the tension between them almost at sparking point."I shall not be hunting again for a while", he glanced towards Ember, "so have no fear of that Glyndr".
Mrelyn pulled away from his cousin, both knew a brawl here would cause too much trouble "We shall speak of this later", Mrelyn growled as he went to lift Ember, Gwenneth had arrived with the healer, the healer had nodded towards Mrelyn to bring the dog to the stables, he loved animals, especially dogs, He would help this huge , russet hound,
Glyndr turned to Gwenneth with anger still burning in his eyes at his cousin.
The captain's day had not started well , it had got steadily worse, now he had argued with his cousin and he was not sure how Gwenneth would react , he knew she had a fondness for Mrelyn and the excitement of hunting with him.
Now he had forbiden Mrelyn to take her hunting again.

Felyon was so excited, the portrait was finished,
He ran to find his Queen, a lady in waiting told him where to find her.
The Sylentor found Ceinwyn in the gardens , she was with another beautiful woman, so like herself. Felyon stared in amazement.
He recovered enough to approach them . He bowed low "My Queen," he turned to Ariel, "My Lady."
Felyon smiled his warm mossgreen smile "My Queen the portrait is ready, it awaits only your approval, I so want you to be the first to see it", His mossgreen eyes shining with his excitement, "Please, when you have time give me your honest opinion, it has been the most difficult portrait I have yet painted, the subject too beautiful to portray in true likeness on canvas".

[Edited on 11/4/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 10:40
*OOC: Uhm I am assuming that Prince Elboron is with the two ladies and Felyon, since he came out and joined them before Eldarion left, the two elves returned, and Felyon came out...

Gwenneth looked at Glyndr, who was seething with rage. "Gwenneth, we must talk." He took her elbow and led her to his room, locking the door behind them. "What were you thinking, going out to hunt orcs? You could have been killed, love." He ran his hands through his hair, and Gwenneth said,"I'm sorry, Glyndr. I wasn't thinking. I just thought of the excitement, and I thought you would be proud that I had saved your cousin's life. It won't happen again."
"You are right, it won't. No bride of mine will be going hunting alone with my cousin again. We are to be married in less than a week, and that could have quickly turned into a funeral for my love, not a wedding. I hate to do this, but your days of hunting alone with my cousin are over. Or else our wedding is off. Yes, I am proud of you for saving my cousin. I love you too much to lose you, Gwenneth, and I will prevent you from doing anything I have to in order to keep you safe." He gathered her into his arms, and kissed her softly. She nuzzled him and said, "So what else will change?"
"You will be the wife of the Captain of the Kellquenti Army, Gwenneth. You will be expected to behave like a lady. I know you can, but you will need to use even more discretion than you have been, do you understand?"
"Yes, I understand." She peeled off her bloodied clothes and headed for the bathing room. "Wanna come wash my hair, meleth nin?" she asked teasingly as she went into the other room.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 12:36
Glyndr was surprised and a little worried at Gwenneth's reaction to his decision, he had expected a fight.
Gwenneth was a very independent Elleth, and would not be pushed, or give in easily.
He watched her walk past him to the bathing room,smiling her tempting offer,the captain smiled his half smile as he eagerly accepted .
Glyndr washed her hair in rose scented, warm water,his sleeves rolled up to his elbow.
He was soaked,Gwenneth kept deliberately splashing him in wicked fun.
"Gwenneth love", Glyndr ducked a handful of water, the second scored a hit on his chest, the emerald dragon now more of a green dolphin, "I was surprised that you took my decision so well, has something changed?, is there something wrong? are you feeling alright?" he was genuinely concerned, this was so unlike the Flower he knew.
" I shall take the rest of the day off, Kellyn can take command it will do him good if he wants to progress through the ranks."
Glyndr leant to kiss her damp forehead, "let's spend that time together and go somewhere, where would you like to go?".

Mrelyn sat on the floor of the stables, he sat next to Ember, the hound still wrapped in his cloak.
The hunter stroked the dog's soft ears and spoke softly to him,the healer had done a good job of splinting the hounds hind leg, Ember was on the mend.
Mrelyn had been worried about his precious hound and friend.
He rubbed the bridge of his nose,the orc fight, the worry over the hound ,and the fight with Glyndr had given him a headache.
The Elf knew he had yet to meet his evil tempered cousin to sort their differences, If it came to a fight Mrelyn knew who would win..and it would not be Glyndr..
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 07:37
"I feel fine, love. I think you are right. After all, I am carrying your children and must be careful."
She got him with the splash of water, and then giggled and said, "I want to go down to the market. I haven't been there in such a long time, and I want to get some soft cloth so I can make some lovely blankets for the babies."
She splashed him one more time, as she stepped out of the bath, and he wrapped her in a warm robe and carried her into the bedroom. "I think you should rest here for a while, love. I have to go speak to Kellyn and then I will be back, and we can go."
She kissed him softly and said, "Hurry back, Glyndr."
He left to go speak with Kellyn, and along the way he ran into Mrelyn.
Arwen sighed as she looked at her sister. "There are no words to describe the way it feels. A great emptiness, as if you are no longer a complete person, like your heart has been torn out. A piece is missing, all of these things are accurate but none encompass the feeling." She looked past Ceinwyn for a few moments, then snapped herself back to the present. "But other than the loneliness, I am well, and I do thank you for asking me to come here, even if Edith is still here. Has she destroyed any marriages lately? Like perhaps her own? She prides herself on being a woman of Soar, able to have affairs, but flaunts herself without discretion. Perhaps we will be lucky one day, and Victor will learn of her indiscretions and she will no longer have her precious title. Then she will will perhaps be subdued a bit." Then she smiled, "But let us talk of more pleasant things. Like your portrait, and this handsome Prince Elboron. They certainly do have handsome royalty here in the region of Gondor, don't they?" she laughed, and hugged her sister.

[Edited on 12/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 09:19
Gwenneth had explained why she seemed 'different' the explanation seemed to fit in with what he had been told by the older married Elves of his Guard, that pregnant females did act in strange ways and to expect it.
"The market", Glyndr smiled to himself, she chose not to go for a liesurely ride, or to go for a meal at the Golden Pheasant, the most expensive Inn, but to the market to buy cloth for their babies.
Glyndr would grant her her wish, he would take her to the market,but HE would buy the cloth she wanted for their babies, and enough of her choice of material to make a dress for herself, the ones she had would soon not fit her.
Glyndr left her to rest as he went to hand over command to Kellyn, he almost ran the square to the barracks, he did not want to waste any time.his position as Captain took ever more of his time as war loomed closer,as war came to them he knew he would not have the time he would want with his new wife, or his new children.
He almost reached the barracks when he slid to a halt , a copper glint caught his eye, Mrelyn faced him.
"we have need to talk cousin", Mrelyn's voice as cold as Glyndr's.
"Not here", Glyndr snapped, ice blue eyes flashed a warning.
"the courtyard", Mrelyn growled.
The two Kellquenti moved swiftly to the dark secluded courtyard behind the Green dragon Inn. they could 'discuss' their differences there without the fear of bieng seen.
The talk became an argument, Glyndr cursing his cousin for endangering his bride to be, Mrelyn fighting back with his own argument, words became heated as the tension that had been between them grew to breaking point.
It broke.
"Damn you!" Glyndr threw the first punch, catching Mrelyn hard in the stomach.
The fire haired Elf returned the punch with the same fire, cracking against Glyndr's jaw.
They traded punch for punch, kick for kick ,brawling like peasants.
Mrelyn was the stronger, Glyndr the more agile, evenly matched for a while, Mrelyn's strength eventually gaining the advantage when he had Glyndr pinned against the wall. the captain unable to free himself.
"Truce?" Mrelyn breathed deeply as he asked .it had been a well matched fight until now.
Glyndr's ice blue glare never faltered.
"Truce?" Mrelyn shoved his cousin hard agaist the wall.
Glyndr nodded, "Truce," he agreed.He knew when he was beaten.
Glyndr smiled a bloodied smile, Mrelyn returned it.
They walked together to the barracks as friends.
Glyndr was worried what Kellyn, his Kellquenti guard and Gwenneth would think.
He made a note to go to his office first to get cleaned up.
Mrelyn left him at the door as Glyndr went to his office.
He cleaned up carefully.
No one would ever know he had been fighting.
Hand over to Kellyn done, he left to go back to Gwennneth.
and the market.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 11:01
Ceinwyn nodded in mute awarenes as her sisters answer solidifed her already acute sense of the sourness between Edith and Ariel, an ache forged she thought, from birth, They were meant to be each others bane....and as such they are. Yet the secret which thier cousin had confided to Ceinwyn could not be undone. It was for this reason that the Queen seemed the only relative not to have scorned Edith's brazen antics or at least not openly, and though many questioned Ceinwyn none judged her; who could judge what they did not know? Shaking the though dismally from her thoughts, a curious smile hovered playfully upon her lips as she arched a brow at her elder sister, laughing at Ariel's remark. " Handsome yes! Prince Elboron is a fair man in both spirit and face...he too has been scorned by love sister. I though that perhaps you could heal each other. You both need a friend who can fully undestand the ache of loneliness; please, seek him out" she urged earnestly when, laughing she offered her sister a rueful grin. " Ahhh the portrait! That has been waiting to be hung since I first arrived...how very long it seems" she mused before smiling as the thought of Feylon's ardent toil having put so much effort into this final masterpeice. " Ah that blessed elf! How I do love him - love them all! Have you met Lord Glydr yet? It was his wife ( or son-to-be) that you met earlier. A - spirited elleth" she mildly before drawing Ariel up and walking towards the rose gardens, plucking a perfect red bud and sliding it in behind her ear. " You must recoginse these...thier straight from Soar. I do miss it you know" she sighed wistfully " all the mountains and greenery...the people. I wonder sometimes if I shall ever see it again. But" she grinned wolfishly " as you say Gondor does have its strong points. The men are certainly a fine species...though I thought Eldarion a fool when I first met him. How things change sister...anyhow, enough of this nonsence, come, I shall show you to your chambers pesonally. And tonight there will be a private dinner in the Kings apartments. Just for family - my parents go home in a few days as do Eldarions for they now reside in Ithilen. No courtiers, no squires...just the family and our very closest of friends. Elboron will be present tonight also" she added carelessly, knowing full well the impact the light words would have upon her sister. Good..she deserves some happiness.

[Edited on 13/4/2005 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 06:20
"I am sure I will enjoy tonight's dinner very much. Provided of course that our dear cousin doesn't try stealing Prince Elboron out from under me, so to speak." Ariel strolled with her sister, enjoying the sunshine and the company. Suddenly they could hear Edith screeching at some poor maidservant. "Oh , I see her voice is as pleasant as ever," Ariel said drily.
Gwenneth had changed her clothes and gone down to the study, encountering a maid bringing in a trayof teas and cakes. She took the tray and entered the study to find the King rubbing his neck and head.
"Are you alright, Your Majesty?"
At the shake of his head, she put the tray down on a side table, and massaged his neck and shoulders for a few minutes.
"You are stressing yourself already, Your Majesty.I find it hard to believe that any of these papers would really be that important that you need to get your neck and shoulder muscles into these tight little knots." Her fingers worked quickly and nimbly to smooth the muscles out under his skin and he gave a sigh of relief.
"Headache is easing too, I bet. Here's some tea, Your Majesty." She served him the tea over in the corner by the window, and she went over and stood on the other side of the room, sorting through some papers. There was a knock on the door, and when Gwenneth answered it, a bunch of reports were shoved into her hands, reports on movements of orcs, and battle strategies. She deposited those in the correct pile, and went back to sorting.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 07:42
Glyndr moved swiftly across the square only a slight limp and a few bruises ,hastily hidden as much as he could told of the fight with his cousin, he ran the last few steps to the castle and across the floor to the stairs. Decorum be damned..he wanted to spend the time he had with Gwenneth .
The captain raced to his room,Gwenneth ,he hoped was ready to go. For once he knocked, and was surprised when she did not answer.
He became worried, and pushed open the door.Gwenneth was nowhere to be seen.
Glyndr flew out of the room and raced to her room, she was not there either. He was puzzled and concerned.
"Felyon", he thought," he may know where she is, the nosy Sylentor knows everything".
He ran the corridor dodging maids and servants almost sending one of them flying as he turned a corner sharply, sliding on the well polished floor.
He found Felyon in his studio, the Elf admiring the portrait, he could not wait until it was hung.
"Glyndr,what in Valar's name is wrong? you look in a right state", The Sylentor frowned ,"tell me".
"Felyon, have you seen Gwenneth? I left her resting in my room and now I cannot find her anywhere" , Glyndr tried to hide the fear in his voice".
Felyon smiled as he only just managed to stop his kitten from leaping into a pot of bright green paint, He held the wriggling furrball close as he turned to his soulmate, "I think you will find her in the King's study, I believe I saw her go there ,she went there to help sort paperwork I think".
Glyndr swore,he said exactly what he would do to the paperwork and who to,Even Felyon blushed at Glyndr's outburst.
The Captain left quickly , his destination the King's study,He left a very bemused Felyon, a kitten now firmly attached to one of his braids.
Glyndr leapt down the stairs four at a time,then ranto the study.
The door was slightly open , he could see Gwenneth sorting letters and parchments, he could also see that the King was there.
He knocked this time beore entering, "My King", he bowed. his gaze turned to Gwenneth,then back to Eldarion."Lady Gwenneth and I have arranged to visit the market," the ice blue gaze told the king nothing, "I would ask that you allow her to leave this..".he was going to say a rude word but stopped himself in time,"paperwork so that we may leave now".
Glyndr turned to Gwenneth, "are you ready , or shall I come back later?" it was said as a simple question yet he felt an all too familiar tinge of resentment that it was always Gweneth who had to sort the King's paperwork, when there were plenty of others who could do it.
He smiled his half smile as he waited her reply.

[Edited on 13/4/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 08:16
"I believe I am finished here," Gwenneth smiled. "Is there anything else you need me to do, at present, your Majesty?" Eldarion shook his head and wished them a pleasant afternoon, and Gwenneth slipped her arm through Glyndr's and they went back to her room.
When they got there, she pushed him rudely. "How dare you use that tone, Glyndr, when speaking of my job! I am the King's assistant whether you like it or not. That requires me to do some rather tedious work, like sorting paperwork. Oh, and just so you are well aware of it, I will be retaining my position after we are married. I am not stepping down. If you do not like it, that's too bad. I am not like your "friends" over at the pub. My life does not revolve solely around how many times I can roll in the hay with someone." She stopped to take a breath, and said, "Now, if it were not for my job working for Eldarion, you and I would never have met, because I would not have remained here in Minas Tirith. I think you owe the man a debt of gratitude. I know why it is that you hate men, Glyndr. BUt the King is not responsible for the actions of all men, nor are their actions a reflection on him. So stop treating him like he has done somethiing heinous to you, and start treating him with respect. Right now."
She gathered her money pouch and said,"Now, let's go to the market, so that I can get that cloth for the babies." She linked her arm with his, and said, "Melin le, Glyndr."

Melin le-"I love you."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 09:09
"You what!,Glyndr had snapped as she said that she would be retaining her position after they were married,"god's in hell will you never put our life together first before a damned pile of paper?"he shouted, he had said what he meant. He had said no more.
He listened to her words ,they were the truth , but he would never fully see it her way.ever, he thought he owed Eldarion nothing, the coolness always there between them.
She took his arm, and they left for the market, she had taken her purse, but he was determined to pay for the cloth for the babies, and some pretty material of her choice for a dress of her own.
Glyndr smiled as she said she loved him, if only she knew how much he loved her,"Gwenneth, I do not want my wife to have to work , I earn enough in my Captain's pay to be able to keep you and our babies,Yes", he moved his arm around her waist,"Yes, the babies,they will need their mother with them, you cannot think of leaving them with a wet nurse surely?"
Glyndr was concerned,
They walked around the market, the bright stalls ,the noise and bustle as vibrant as ever, they visited five stalls before Gwenneth found what she wanted.
She went to pay, Glyndr won..he paid for it before she could take her money from her purse.
Glyndr bought two cheese pastries, hot and herby,they ate them as they browsed the stalls.
"Chocolate cake!" Glyndr grinned as he saw a stall selling chocolate cake so dark and rich it oozed with chocolate desire.
Glyndr loved chocolate cake, he bought two huge, decadent slices, he gave one to Gwenneth as he attacked his own.
"Enjoy it" , he grinned as he licked chocolate from messy fingers, "Oh, have you been invited to the dinner tonight?" he asked as he brushed cake crumbs from the front of his tunic,"I thought as you were a good friend oft he King that you may have been invited, I only ask because Kellyn,Mrelyn and Felyon were going to the Seven stars,this evening, there's some sort of contest bieng held, I thought we might join them if you had not been invited".

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 08:40
Eldarion bit the tip of the quill idly as the stacks of mononaneous papers grew into some palpable form of order, sifting through them as the hours drizzled past in a humdrum of heady boredom when, stretching his arms over his head, the King rose, striding out down to the market. Dismissing his manservant with a polite, if brisk shake of the head, his pace quickened as he neared the welcome bustle of the brightly coloured tents and stalls, groaning under the weight of pasteriesm silks, fabrics - even weapons though Eldarion would be sure to tally the amount bought; no man would openly by weapons any more in this City. It was far, far to dangerous and as such he wagered the smiths trade would be blooming if men had to go to them rather then barter metal and steel in the seething mass of people such as this was. With a brief smile to the eager, bowing maids, he moved towards a stall piled with delicate rolls of linen, purple, yellow, green...every colour in the Valar's golden earth. But it was a peice of fine, pale blue linen which caught his eye, crisp but soft as it shone radiantly in the dewy afternoon. The stall keeper smiled profusely as Eldarion pocketed the material for two gold coins, whistling as he weaved through the throngs, bobbing his head occasionally when he encountered a noble, or Lady. " Ah Gwenneth!" he beckoned to the elleth as he caught a glimpse of vivid, corn gold hair. " I meant to ask you - before you left - if you're coming tonight? Edith said she would give you the message...I have had no reply"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 06:58
OOC:Sorry so short, but I am half-asleep....

"King Eldarion!" Gwenneth said, delightedly surprised he had left the piles of work. "Well, you have received no reply because Edith did not give me the message. However, my reply is this, I would be delighted." The elleth smiled at her King and friend, and then said, "Lord Glyndr will not like it, and , if he does what I think he will do, we may have to cancel the wedding, but still I would like to go."
They chatted for a few more minutes and then Gwenneth excused herself and went to find Glyndr again.

"Where did you go?" she said when she found him. He was leaning against the wall, a mischievious look on his face. He just smiled andled her back to the palace, a surprise for Gwenneth in his pocket.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 10:54
OOC no worries...so am I!!!

Glyndr had left Gwenneth at a stall selling ribbons and lace. she could not decide whether to buy the intricate lacework in ivory or white for her wedding gown..she had told Glyndr to go away while she chose..he was getting impatient and bored and wanted her to make up her mind.
Gwenneth, true to form, would not be rushed.
Glyndr left , saying he would find her in a quarter hour.
He wandered the market browsing the stalls, the weaponry stalls drew him fast. The craftsmanship of the steel was not as good as the Royal smithys but adequate, He bought a fine lightweight dagger to add to the three Sylentor Silver daggers he already carried , two at his side, one in his boot.
The captian also found a stall that sold fine lace, he made a special purchase.
On his way back to meet Gwenneth he found another stall that sold silverware of the finest Sylentor silver, he made another couple of purchases there.
Gwenneth found him leaning against a wall , he had seen Eldarion speaking with her and had no wish to speak with his King, even if she did.
He just smiled wickedly as she asked him where he had been, and led her back to the palace.
They reached her room, Gwenneth delighted in showing him what she had bought for the babies, her dress, and the lace.
"Flower", Glyndr took her hands, he turned her towards him with his perfect half smile, "I have something for you, a surprise".
The Elf captain leant to kiss her as he placed the gift in her hands, "For our wedding night" he grinned wickedly, ice blue eyes flashing wicked silver. ,
He placed the gift he had bought at the lace stall in her hands, a beautiful, intricate yet very sheer lace nightdress , "wear it for me" he grinned wider.
"And these are for our children," Glyndr placed two tiny silver bracelets in her hands with the lace, "They will suit whether they are boy or girl children". He kissed her deeply and stood back.
"My love, you did not answer my question earlier, will you join me ,Mrelyn ,Kellyn and possibly Felyon at the Seven stars?, l have heard the contests will be of great fun and skills, I mean to enter, as do Mrelyn and Kellyn,Flower will you join us ?
Glyndr looked at her eagerly, hoping that the King had not invited her to the private dinner,He wanted her to be with him tonight, not dining with the King and his close friends and family.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 02:45
"I love it!" Gwenneth was thrilled with the nightie. Her happiness was short-lived however, when he brought up the subject of the dinner. "Eldarion did ask me to go tonight, but I am rather nervous. Mrelyn's former lover Edith will be there, and everyone knows how she will react to my being there. Perhaps I should go with you."
She sat there for a moment, playing with Witch, as she thought. She was excited that Eldarion thought enough of her to ask her to be there, but she did not want anything to happen that might humiliate or embarrass him or Ceinwyn.
She stood up and said, "I am going to go have a word with Eldarion, and then I shall decide. Just remember, meleth nin, if I go to this dinner and you decide to indulge yourself in the pleasure of someone else, I will not be marrying you." She kissed him softly and left the room.

She found Eldarion just after he came back, and she asked him to speak with her in private for a moment. She explained to him that having to be in the same room with Edith might not be a good idea. "After all, obviously, she did not intend to let me know I was even invited, my Lord King, and I do not wish to either be humiliated by another guest or to humiliate you or Queen Ceinwyn." She probably doesn't want me there either, she thought dourly. "So, I am afraid, unless there is a guarantee that Edith will address me civilly and with respect as a member of this court, I am going to have to change my mind. I have never done anything to Edith. She just despises me for no reason, Eldarion." Gwenneth hoped he would not be angry with her, because she was being honest.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 05:16
As the sun's last light tinged the western skies a deep crimson, a lone rider appeared suddenly at the west gate.
The two guards allowed him to pass, they acknowledged him with a nod of a bow.
The Elf returned the bow as he rode past them into the city,the iron grey horse he rode walked proudly as he rode towards the palace.
The two guards looked at each other , a look of bewilderment on their faces,"Did you see Captain Glyndr leave the city?" one asked his companion, the other shook his head,"No, and certainly not dressed like that, or riding a dark grey horse".
The other scratched his head,"Damn me, but I swear it was captain Glyndr" He looked at his companion, "Er..it was wasn't it?".
The other patted his companion on the shoulder,"Of course it was, you know what that Kellquenti captain is like, he can steal past anyone".
"Hmmmm, I hope so". The two guards went back to duty still puzzled.
The rider slid from the grey stallion and led him towards the stables, A stable boy ranto take the horse,"Captain Glyndr my Lord", the boy stared at the horse, "He is wonderful , and of the same breeding as your Sylstar" the boy .marvelled at the horse as he led him away.
"Yes he is," the Elf replied as he turned to walk towards the barracks."the very same".
He met Kellyn at the doorway ,now off duty ,he was going to his quarters to get ready to go to the Seven stars.
"Captain!",he stared in surprise at the dark travel clothes his captain wore,"I thought you to be with lady Gwenneth..have you been out at the borders scouting?" he was curious.
The Elf nodded,"Come soldier walk with me I must return to Lady Gwenneth".
Kellyn did as he was asked, he was surprised,.Why did his Captain god want him to walk with him? he knew where she was.
Kellyn left him at the steps to the palace,saying he would meet him later.
The Elf walked up the steps , the Guards acknowledged him,"Lord Glyndr" ,They bowed as he passed them into the hall and to the stairs.
The Elf made his way up the stairs and walked the corridors as if searching for someone, or something.
He turned a corner into a dimly lit corridor, he had not gone far when he met another.
Both stopped under the flickering lamp.
They froze.
Ice blue eyes met identical ice blue eyes, as two Kellquenti Elves saw a mirror image reflected in the other.
Glyndr shook,unable to speak, every emotion running wild.
He found his voice,"A ghost",the voice shaking as much as he was,"My brother why do you come to me now in spirit?,what devils send you to torture my soul again with your loss?".
The image moved towards him,He too shook, "No, Glyndr my brother I am no ghost sent to haunt you", Castlyn smiled a perfect half smile.
They threw themselves at each other, hugging each other as if they would never let go, crying tears of deep emotion,
"Castlyn," Glyndr wiped the back of his hand across his eyes,"I thought you dead all these years , I dare not believe my luck".
"I am here brother," Castlyn wiped away his own tears,"I have searched for you for eternity, and one word overheard at an Inn three days ago, and I knew then where to find you our luck holds true".
Glyndr smiled ,"Castlyn there is so much I want to tell you,so much we have missed in our lives,but first I want you to meet the Elleth who is my life, the one I am to marry".
Castlyn grinned, "Well I should never have thought that you, the one who always wanted to travel, is now to be married ,
come, let me meet this Ellleth who has claimed your heart".
Glyndr and Castlyn went back to Gwenneth's room, they sat close and spoke quietly to each other,each still afraid that the other might disappear,
They waited for Gwenneth to return, Glyndr hoped that it would not be too much of a shock for her.

i
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 07:29
Once she had finished talking to Eldarion, Gwenneth hurried to her room. She wanted to look extra beautiful that night to ensure that Glyndr's eyes did not wander. Hmmm maybe she should wear the black velvet dress, the one with the plunging neckline...or maybe the burgundy...no..the emerald green that matched her eyes and made them glow. Yes, that would be perfect.
She opened the door and slipped into her room. As she closed the door, she realized she wasn't alone. When she turned around, she staggered backwards.
There were two Glyndrs sitting there looking at her! She rubbed her eyes and looked again. Still there. She closed her eyes and counted to ten. She opened her eyes a crack and peeked. Still there. She began to tremble, thinking that she was losing her mind.
"Gwenneth, love," one of the Glyndr's jumped to his feet and rushed to her side. "Relax, love. You are okay."
"No, Glyndr, there are two of you."
"My love, this is my twin Castlyn, long thought to be dead. He finally found me again."
"Cas-Castlyn?" she said in a quavering voice.
Castlyn stood and came to her, catching up her hand and bowing deeply to her, kissing her hand in the process.
"My lady," he said, in the same husky tones as Glyndr used when he was desiring something from her.
"It's a pleasure," she managed to say.
"Oh, it most certainly is, and will continue to be," he purred silkily.
Gwenneth smiled a half smile, and Glyndr kissed her cheek."I will be right back, love. I must go fetch a flagon of wine, to celebrate." He glanced at his brother and then said,"Behave yourselves." He grinned and slipped out of the room.
Castlyn led Gwenneth over to her bed and said,"Glyndr tells me you are expecting twins. I think you need to get off your feet and relax after that terrible fright we gave you." He fluffed her pillows and then gently laid her down. Then he stretched out lazily next to her. His fingertips gently traced the line of her jaw.
"what are you doing, Castlyn?" she tried to hold her voice steady, but her voice trembled nonetheless.
"Do I make you nervous, Gwenneth? Such a beautiful name, for such a beautiful elleth. I can see why my dear brother fell so hard for you."
"Castlyn, are you flirting with me?"
He smiled, a wicked half smile exactly like his brother's, his voice the same silky tones in her ear as he whispered, 'Why, yes I am, Gwenneth."
His teeth nipped at her ear, and a moan escaped her. Then he turned her head toward him and begin softly nipping at her lips. She tried to restrain herself, but she found herself returning the nips, and then he kissed her.
The door opened a minute after he started, and her head was swimming, so much so that she didn't even pay attention until she heard Glyndr purring in her ear,"Glad to see the two of you getting acquainted."
She pulled away from Castlyn , and he growled at her. He was not pleased at her sudden movement away from him. It had been some time since he had shown affection to an elleth, and he was not pleased at having her pull away. "Glyndr, tell her it is alright."
Glyndr smiled at her. "Were you enjoying his kisses before I came back in?"
"Y-yes," she admitted. Glyndr smiled. "Then continue to enjoy them, love. I will bear no ill will or grudge. I bear you no grudge for enjoying Mrelyn, do I?" He poured himself a glass of wine and stretched out on the other side of her.
Castlyn stopped his attempts to kiss the elleth for a moment and looked at his brother.
"Mrelyn?"
"You remember our cousin, don't you, brother?"
"You share her with our cousin?"
glyndr smiled his wicked smile."My little Gwenneth is a bit insatiable at times. Sometimes she needs a little variety."
Gwenneth turned her head to glare at Glyndr, exposing her tender neck to his twin, who immediately took advantage.
She moaned as his teeth caressed her flesh, and Glyndr leaned over and kissed her softly on the lips before moving to the couch and relaxing, sipping wine and watching Castlyn begin to work his magic on her.
Castlyn whispered a wicked spell into her ear, one that gave him complete control over her for the time being. Glyndr smiled to see her powerless to do anything on her own to combat the spell. "Ah, you are wicked, brother," he said softly and Castlyn flashed him an equally wicked smile.

Gwenneth was asleep, the result of the combined efforts of the twins to cast a sleep spell on her so that she would get some rest before the doings at the inn that night.

Castlyn smiled down at her from one side, Glyndr from the other.
"She truly is beautiful, brother. You are a very lucky ellon."
"Yes, I agree to both those statements"
"She is a strong witch. Unfortunately for her, I am far stronger." Castlyn smirked. He looked at his brother and took the wine goblet out of his hand and took a big swallow.
"I think I am going to like it here, Glyndr." He looked at the sleeping elleth. "Very much so."

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 12:33
Kellyn and Mrelyn met at the Inn , they were the first to arrive of their group. the two Elves settled at a table near the fire , Three flagons of ale and four of wine ordered, the evening would be a long one. Glyndr kissed Gwenneth softly,,"Come my Flower, is it the King's dinner you shall attend , or shall you join us at the Seven stars?" The captain had known which she had chosen.
"we shall wait for you in the hall," he smiled,"Hurry the contests will start soon".
The twins left her to get ready, they waited in the hall, they needed to talk..
"Glyndr, she is perfect" Castlyn smiled a smile his twin easily understood.
"She is my life Castlyn," Glyndr's ice blue stare matched his brother's."She is mine brother,only mine ," the captain smiled ,"I share her as willingly as she agrees , only with Mrelyn,Kellyn and you , but , she is mine understand that"
Castlyn returned the smile, "I understand exactly,"
Gwenneth joined them quickly, she had decided to wear the emerald dress she was to wear to the dinner.
Glyndr and Castlyn stared, they glanced at each other, they did not need words to say what they thought.they thought the same.
Mrelyn and Kelllyn did not know whether to be more shocked at Gwenneth's beautiful appearance , or the appearance of two Glyndrs.
Glyndr introduced his brother, both Mrelyn and Kellyn still could not believe the likeness, Mrelyn especially, he knew of Castlyn and believed, as Glyndr did, that he had been killed.
The evening's competitions drew them closer, even Gwenneth joined the competitions , coming first in an arrow throwing competiton against seven men.
The evening ove,r all five went back to Glyndr's room , the captain opened a few bottles of wine., Between
them they had won six of the ten competitons held. "To celebrate!" Glyndr poured the wine.
It grew late, and a few bottles later, Glyndr sat back with his wine,as the others stood to leave, he wondered if Gwenneth would stay with him tonight, or, if she would leave for her own room and, if she did stay,would she allow any of the others to stay with her?

OOC...see you next week....ca'nt wait to get back!

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 05:05
Ceinwyn ushered her sister to the lavish chambers kept solely for the relatives of royalty, draped with gem studded veils of gold and orange, the bedspread stitched with the silver tree of Gondor. Grinning at Ariel's delight she shrugged, running her creamy palm along the oak pole of the posted bed, eyes drifting listlessly to where the door parted slightly behind them; Eldarion poked his head round the corner with a wolfish wink to his wife, snapping back to reality as his presence instantly awakened some innate sense of desire - but more then that. A warmth, she'd rarely...no- never felt before. Smiling up at the ardent peace in her husbands eyes ashe planted a kiss firmly on her forehead, he turned to Ariel, bowed gracefully and asked after her health, the state of the rooms and her pleasure at being in his kingdom. " But of course you have some claim of kinship to Gondor now! And to me..my sister" he inclined his head earnestly as the door swung open, Elboron pausing at the thresehold as he darted a quick glance about at the three elegant people standing before him. With a brief, almost stunted look at Ariel his dark blue eyes switched back to Eldarion, sober and firm as they held a curious presence possesed only by his father. By Faramir. " There is a new elf in the ranks of Lord Glyndr's. His brother apparently though it has not been known that he has one...until now. There are background checks being carried out as we speak Lord" he assured steadily, smiling as he bowed to the Queen, fond of the woman he'd saw mature into the bloom of Queenship forged before him now. But so much like her sister was she...it was almost like gazing on Ariel save the elder's hair bore tighter curls. Shaking the thought acidly from his head, he noted the maids starting to bustle in the chambers, waiting no the edges of the conversation for the time when they could 'offer' thier services to Ariel and Ceinwyn. This ribbon and that. Eoden would suffer this with far much more grace, he noted with a vague amusement, sighing as Ceinwyn excused herself, leaving to her own chambers to prepare for nights prestigious banquet.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 03:31
Ariel blushed when she caught Elboron looking at her. "Hello, my lord Prince." she said shyly, offering her hand in greeting. "Lady Ariel. I had heard rumors of your beautiful,. but they didn't do it justice." He kissed her hand, and then sat down with her. The two of them began to discuss all manner of things. A messenger came to the door, and delivered the message to Eldarion that indeed the elf that had arrived did indeed appear to be Lord Glyndr's twin brother, long thought dead.
Elboron looked to Eldarion and asked him, "By the way, have you told Your Queen that our dear friend Gwenneth has refused to come tonight because she does not wish there to be tension in the room, and surely there would be with her and Edith in the same room?"

Gwenneth was very tired, and she told Glyndr she was retiring to her room for the night. Shje went to her room alone, and slipped in between the covers. She was soon asleep, wine and ale and being pregnant having worn on her so much.
She thought she heard whispering in her ear a bit later, but it wasn't until the seduction had actual;ly begun that she realized her Glyndr had come into her room. She could hear the silky tones of his voice as they coupled, even as she felt herself being drained of energy. He bit her, nipped at her skin. he had not been rough for some time with her, yet he was holding her wrists as he got rougher with her. Finally she caved. No matter what magic she tried, his was too strong. She collapsed exhausted on the bed and fell asleep.

She felt herself being awaken by his kisses some time later, and this time he was so gentle that she thought for a moment it was not him. He fingers sought out the scar on his chest. Yes, it was there. He treated her so gently, and then softly sang her to sleep when he was finished.
Once she was asleep, his brother castlyn came out of the shadows and cast the counterspell to the one that had made her a helpless toy in their hands.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 06:50
Glyndr smiled his half smile,as he glanced over his shoulder at Castlyn, "we work well together my brother, I could use another soldier in my Guard , join me and we would be invincible".
Casstlyn laughed softly,"Me a soldier? never. I could never take orders from you.."
Glyndr made a face at his brother, "I must speak with you anyway, but not here, there are too many gossips that watch and listen , just waiting to cause trouble".
Castlyn nodded as he slipped back into the shadows of the corridor to wait for Glyndr.
Glyndr turned back to the sleeping Gwenneth, she looked even more beautiful now than the first time he had watched her in sleep ,the time he had given her his mother's ruby flower, He still kept it in the pocket of his tunic.
"Gwenneth", he stroked her face softly , his fingertips running lightly down her neck to her shoulder."My love, I must leave you for a short while". He kissed her deeply as she looked up sleepily at him. "Flower," Glyndr played with a lock of her hair,"It is not yet too late if you want to go to the Royal dinner, they will talk for hours yet, I know that you must have been invited, after all the King is a close friend of yours".
The Captain had guessed that she had declined to go in favour of going to the Seven stars with him, he gave her the chance to attend if she wanted."I leave the choice to you, stay here if you are tired, I will not be long".
Glyndr placed his hand gently on her stomach as he leant to kiss her, "I cannot thank you enough for the new lives that you carry,You and they are everything to me, remember that my love".
He slid out of bed and dressed quickly, then slid , an identical shadow, into the corridor, to meet his twin.
The two Elves slipped silently out intothe darkness, they made their way to the courtyard, well away from prying eyes.
"Castlyn, now that your search is over, what plans do you have? I am to be married in but a few days, I hope that you will stay for the wedding at least".Glyndr was afraid that his brother may want to leave, to travel, as he himself longed to do."Castlyn , I had never thought to see you again,please stay".
Castlyn laughed softly, "I intend to stay, I would not miss the wedding, to see my wayward brother tamed by a beautiful Elleth," Castlyn pushed Glyndr's shoulder, "And you are to be a father too, I cannot believe it, no, I like it here I shall stay".
Glyndr grinned, "remember, I need new recruits, and as I remember , you are an expert with a sword, A trial period, of ..say..a month?"
Castlyn shook his head, "Oh no, I am no soldier", He paused deep in thought, "But as you say , we do work well together on certain things, ....Very well , one month only ,
The captain slapped his brother on the shoulder "Good , our magic combined will be lethal..report to the barracks tomorrow and we'll get you kitted out".
"One month only", Castlyn reminded Glyndr as they walked back .
Glyndr wondered as he reached Gwenneth's room if she would still be there or whether she had gone to the dinner.

Another had gone to wait in the corridors of the castle, Mrelyn waited in the dimly lit corridor, he was determined to have one last attempt to win Edith's favours back.
The copper haired hunter sat on a wide stone window ledge of one of the tall arched , mullioned windows.
He lay in wait for his prey.

[Edited on 24/4/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 08:00
Gwenneth wanted so desperately to go to the dinner, but she was so tired.The strain of carrying two of Glyndr's children at the same time was beginning to tell on her. She had woken onlt very briefly, to look up at her beloved and then to fall right back to sleep.

She stirred again, when Glyndr came back into her room and slipped into her bed again, wrapping himself around her.

**ACK ELOI!
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 05:22
Ceinwyn arched a fair, perfectly sculpted brow as her cousin breezed in the chamber of dressmaids dome ceilinged gallery, chancing a brief almost furvative glance at the clusters of nobleladies and then dissapearing behind a velvet covered oblong dresser. With a dismissive tilt of the head to Kitty, the Queen rose, weaving in amongst the bicker and tittle-tattle of court intruige, so fasinating to the young, airy minds of her ladies-in-waiting. The crowds parted sharply as Ceinwyn leaned on the side of the velvet dresser, staring down to where Edith was crouched, nursing a bruise swelling on her right knee. " by the Valar" Ceinwyn's eyes widened agast as she knelt, holding Edith's hand in hers. " Where the devil did you get that?" she demanded urgently, her thoughts blurring into an incoherant puzzle of anger and sheer bemusement. This was no way for the Queen's cousin to be treated. " Victor is back" Edith snapped acidly, the taint of loathing resonating through her voice, as bitter and dull as the day her marriage was sanctified. Ceinwyn's immediately straightened, eyes aglint with some new fever of wary fury. " And this has not been brought to my notice save with a bruise on my kinswoman's leg? Edith I thought you brought a stop to this last time it happened!" she noted sharply but her dark haired cousin simply shook her head, spitting into a pot at her side. " Who can stop a man in this country when he wants something? He could barely be controlled in Soar" she retorted with dour brutality, wincing as she hoisted herself up, smoothing down the folds of her dress. Ceinwyn nodded mutely and yet as they passed back into the chamber, as controlled and graceful as ever, Ceinwyn led her cousin to a stool beside her. " It will not go on Edith. I guarantee it"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 07:11
Glyndr was surprised to find Gwenneth still in the room ,he was sure that she would have wanted to have attended the dinner, she had seemed so eager before, He became concerned, "Flower," he whispered to her softly as he wrapped himself around her, "My love, are you well?, You seem so tired of late".
The captain nuzzled her neck "You would tell me if there was anything wrong, wouldn't you?"his voice barely hid his concern. He feared anything happening to her and their twins more than anything."Flower, promise me that you will".
He smiled as he squirmed even closer, "We shall have to think of the names soon, I know what you have chosen if they are boys, but what if one is a girl," he paused, "or both!"
Glyndr sighed, "I never thought that I'd ever be married..always too much to do in my life..now it is only days away"..He grinned his wicked grin "how will I cope, with you ordering me around?"

Mrelyn waited patiently for Edith to appear either on her way to the dinner , or leaving . Still she had not appeared.
The red haired hunter was getting annoyed , but he would wait.
He had planned another hunting trip for the next day, Ember was now fully recovered, Mrelyn missed the excitement of the chase.
"I wonder if Gwenneth will be joining me" he thought.
Mrelyn sent his thoughts to Gwenneth , Kellquenti magic in them both would let her hear his question. He waited for her reply and for Edith.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 07:34
OOC:Very tired and sicker than a dog, so I am sorry this is not very good...

Gwenneth sighed, as Glyndr snuggled closer to her. She was so tired, so very tired, she could not fathom why. The only other time she had ever been tired like this had been when Glyndr had used Kellquenti magic against her. She knew that he was not using it against her again, but she felt so tired, she knew something was draining her of her energy.

"I am just so tired, love. So very tired and drained." She paused as she heard Mrelyn's voice in her head, and she answered him with a response of 'We shall see how I am feeling, Mrelyn.' There was no happiness in the thought, only weakness, and he could feel it.

She snuggled under the covers with Glyndr and fell asleep.

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 04:47
Glyndr lay awake, he could not sleep, He held Gwenneth close,trying to give her some of his own strenghth, his magic surrounding them both, he felt deeply worried.
The captain knew he had a very busy day ahead of him ,paperwork, drills, practice combat and endless meetings with Gondorian captains.
He would not leave Gwenneth, "To hell with the Guard!!" ,he said to himself, his Flower came first.
Glyndr sat up, careful not to wake her, He turned towards the door, he knew his cousin was there.
Mrelyn stood silhouetted in the doorway, a broad shouldered Kellquenti, "Glyndr",he spoke quietly, concern in his voice, "Is Gwenneth alright?",
Mrelyn had felt the weakness and sadness in her thoughts, he too was worried.
Glyndr slid carefully from the bed , wrapping one of the sheets around his waist as he went to his cousin. " I don't know", he said as he ran his hands through his hair, "If she gets no better I shall call Felyon to see her, and if necessary a healer.Gods Mrelyn!, just when everthing was working out perfectly", Anxious ice blue eyes met steady amber.
"I shall stay with her tomorrow" Mrelyn said, he knew Glyndr was needed urgently at the barracks.
Glyndr sighed as he smiled sadly, "Thank you". He meant it.
Mrelyn returned the smile " I shall be back at dawn, and I shall bring herbs that may help".
The captain went with Mrelyn to the door,he watched as his cousin left to return to his vigil at the window, waiting for Edith.
"Brother, all is not well", Glyndr turned to see Castlyn appear out of the shadows, It's Gwenneth". Castlyn, as Glyndr's twin, instincitvely knew what worried his brother.
Glyndr nodded as he stood back to let Castlyn pass him into the room.
Two pairs of identical ice blue eyes watched Gwenneth for a long while as she slept.
Glyndr and Castlyn sat close to each other at the fireside speaking quietly to each other until dawn.
Mrelyn had not arrived by the time Glyndr was ready to leave, Castlyn offered to stay until their cousin arrived.
Glyndr kissed Gwenneth softly ,speaking to her as softly in Kellquenti, before he left for the barracks.
Kellyn met him at the watchroom door, "Captain, you look exhausted.,are you alright?" the ever bold Kellyn said anxiously.
Glyndr narrowed his eyes," Yes I am exhausted, and so will you be when I've finished with you today!," He pushed Kellyn's shoulder. "Now go and get those damned lazy guard mustered and ready in ten minutes soldier, GO!"
Kellyn ran, as Glyndr prepared to do batle with a mound of paperwork.his mind not on his tasks today.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:02
She opened her eyes, and through the haze of sleep, saw Glyndr sitting there next to her, stroking her hair. She snuggled close to him, sliding her arms aroud his waist and murmuring, "I love you, meleth nin." Her eyes fluttered closed again before Castlyn had a chance to speak, and tell her that it was him and not her husband to be. He continued to sit there and play with her hair as she slept, waiting for someone to come and help her.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:18
Mrelyn arrived not long after Glyndr had left , he felt tired, he had waited all night for a sign of Edith , she never appeared.
Castlyn glanced up as his cousin approached, "Mrelyn, something is very wrong, I feel it strongly, thankfully Glyndr's mind is so full of worry he does not feel it also".
Mrelyn rubbed his eyes as he sat opposite Castlyn on the bed, "Perhaps it is for the best he does not, he has a responsibility to the King and Queen as a Captain", Mrelyn took a small bottle of a herbal potion from his tunic,"Help me to sit her up,this remedy will give her some energy, after that we must wait and see,"
Between them they sat Gwenneth up, her head resting against Castlyn's chest as Mrelyn gave her the remedy.
"Go get some rest", Mrelyn told Castlyn, "I shall stay with her until Glyndr returns" He helped to settle her back into bed.
Castlyn kissed her forehead as he stood to leave, he glanced back once at the pale, beautiful Elleth then went to the gardens,The early sun was warm, the gardens full of vivid colours and birdsong , Castlyn needed the warmth and colour.

Glyndr could not concentrate, he had only finished less than half of the paperwork, he had run out of time, twenty Kellquenti guard waited in the square ready for drills.
Kellyn watched from the watchroom door,he had never seen his captain -god look so pale and anxious, He would keep an eye on him.
Glyndr rushed through the drills, screaming ant yelling at the unfortunate soldiers if they so much as put a foot wrong.
Drills over, the captain ran back to check on Gwenneth, he spent the entire morning rushing between duty and his bride to be,ignoring Mrelyn's continuous scolding,telling him to get back to his duty.
By early afternoon Kellyn was becoming very concerned, Glyndr was so far behind in the day's schedule,that he had to cancel two meetings and take over the unfinished paperwork himself.
He watched from Glyndr's office window as Glyndr took two of his most senior soldiers through their paces in horse to horse combat.
The captain was in a foul mood and they knew it,he had already screamed at them five times , and now he was cursing his horse. Sylstar sensed Glyndr's mood and was deliberately playing up, prancing, bucking and rearing in their usual battle of wills.
Glyndr swore and kicked the stallion forward hard as he set up his attack on the two soldiers , Sylstar leapt forwards and sideways ,the two soldiers had expected Glyndr to meet them head on and had already made their charge.
They all met in a clash , The two soldiers recovered well, bringing their horses round, Glyndr had twisted to fend off their sword attack , Sylstar had gone the other way with a buck , Glyndr fell off with a curse.
Kellyn ran to his captain "Captain ,are you alright?"He knelt at Glyndr's side. an anxious hand on his captains shoulder as Glyndr lay on his back on the cold stone.
"No I am damn well not!" Glyndr stood, cursing and swearing , Kellyn stood back ,afraid.
Glyndr stormed over to where Sylstar stood snorting and pawing the ground, he dragged the stallion over to Kellyn,"You take this damn animal and finish this practice , I am going back to Gwenneth!"
Glyndr limped off leaving a bewildered Kellyn and two Kellquenti guard.
Glyndr made his way back to Gwenneth's room , praying that she would be feeling better.

OOC sorry Glyndr's so evil tempered today ,I'm feeling depressed and it had to come out somewhere.....
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 01:40
She was awake, but still very pale. She smiled at Glyndr as he came in the room, and she said, "Meleth nin, you look concerned. Don't worry about me, Glyndr, I am just very tired. I have been given the gift of two offspring, remember?"

Mrelyn had sent Felyon to fetch a healer, who told them that he thought it might have something to do with exhaustion and anxiety. It was recommended that she remain in bed until the wedding.

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 08:33
Mrelynhad looked up as his cousin walked towards Gwenneth,"She is resting", he had said quietly, " A healer has seen her". the Elf had stood and walked towards the door, "I shall leave you together", Mrelyn had squeezed his cousin's shoulder as he left, saying "I shall be with Castlyn at the seven stars if you need me".
The captain sat on the edge of the bed, he took her hands in his as he looked at her with anxious eyes, she told him not to worry and that it was just exhaustion and anxiety, that carrying two new lives was making her tired.
"Flower my love, I am so sorry that I had not told you before that twins ran in my heritage", He stroked her face, "Again it is my fault that you suffer", the look of concern became his perfect half smile, "I know just how I can make it up to you", He kissed her softly before standing to leave, "I shall not be long, get some rest".
Glyndr met Felyon on the stairs,, "Glyndr!" the Sylentor beamed, "Where have you been? have you been avoiding me?"
Glyndr shook his head "f course not you stupid Elf, I am just overworked at the barracks," he pulled Felyon's braids hard, he smiled, "thank you for calling a healer to Gwenneth, I am worried for her the wedding is in two days and as far as I know not even her dress has been organised, She has been told to stay in bed until the wedding, I know it is just a small wedding, but things still need to be done", Glyndr sighed as he ran his hand through his hair, "Felyon , I have no time to do anything,would you ask Queen Ceinwyn to help Gwenneth prepare for the wedding, she is the only one I can think of who she knows that may help"?
Felyon smiled his moss green smile "Of course I will, and I shall deal with everything that our Queen does not", Felyon looked inquisitively at his soulmate, "Why are you here ?you should be on duty, you will be in terrible trouble".
"I came to see Gwenneth, and now I am going to buy her a present if you must know",
"Oh , how romantic", Felyon sighed as he absent mindedly played with one of his pale braids.
Glyndr narrowed his eyes "Are you making fun of me Sylentor? because if you are , those braids are going to get wrapped around your neck!",
Felyon's green eyes widened, "I would never dream of it!" he answered indignantly, The smile returned as he turned to leave, "I am really looking forward to helping to organise this wedding!" The Sylentor swept away in a rustle of emerald silk .
Glyndr went out to the market, Felyon to find his Queen.
The Sylentor asked one of Ceinwyn's ladies in waiting to tell her that he would be waiting in the library if she would see him.
Felyon settled in a comfy chair to wait for his Queen.

OOC edited again... oops

[Edited on 2/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 05:22
OOC:Okay, since the agreement was, I believe, to end this with the wedding of Glyndr and Gwenneth, that is the sole purpose of this final post.

IC:The morning of the wedding dawned bright. Gwenneth was aided by two of her handmaids in bathing and preparing for the wedding.Felyon had finished her dress, a gorgeous ivory and silver dress that accommodated her growing abdomen. The veil had flowers set into it, and she would wear a ring of flowers in her hair as well.
It took three hours to bath her, wash her hair, and get it set perfectly. They were beginning to dress her when there came a knock on the door.
Castlyn stepped into the room, looking handsome as ever, and averting his eyes for the sake of propriety. His duty this day was to escort the beautiful bride to the side of her husband to be, his brother, and then stand up for Glyndr.
Once they had all the layers in place, and he was able to look at his sister to be, all he could do is stare. how his heart ached. He knew she had made a vow the night before, and put it into practice with a couple of handy spells, that she would no longer sleep with Kellyn or Merlyn. In fact, she had put a spell on Mrelyn's beloved Edith, that he might win her favor back, and he had. She had not left her husband, no, certainly could not do that, for he had all the money and power, but she was bedding Mrelyn again, and that made him happy. For Kellyn she had found a beautiful elfmaid working in the White City, and had cast for the two of them, and erased all memory of the love for her from his mind and heart.
In her vow, she had not mentioned Castlyn.
He wondered about that.
The wedding itself was simple and beautiful. King Eldarion performed the ceremony, and it was over in a matter of minutes, not the grand affair that his wedding to Ceinwyn had been, but certainly, grand enough for a pair of elves who were being bound publicly out of a desire to do so, rather than necessity.
Glyndr looked stunning handsome in his black and silver, and as Gwenneth was brought to his side, a tear sparkled in his eye. Once they were actually married, and he embraced her and gave her a long kiss, he let that tear go, telling her how beautiful she was, and that he would never leave her side. before they went off to their rooms for time alone, they stood at the watchtower with Eldarion and Ceinwyn, Kellyn, Castlyn, Felyon and Mrelyn, and watched the growing dark in the distant sky. This would be the last day of peace in these lands for some time. War was coming.
But as Gwenneth stood there with her new husband, and felt the two new lives stirring within her, somehow she knew everything would be alright.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email